PDA

View Full Version : Hi from an old timer!

hamham
September 1st, 2013, 10:10 AM
Hi everyone!

I've been playing Pokémon since the days of Blue & Red, & can't wait for the new games next month. For the last few years I've been playing on a DS lite that wouldn't get online, but i've finally upgraded to a 3DS so I can actually trade & battle with other people! I remember the old days of trading via a Game Boy cable, so wi-fi is so exciting for me *am super old*

Anyway, look forward to chatting to everyone!

Denny Hamlin
September 1st, 2013, 10:40 AM
Ahh THOSE were the days, totally! I remember in 5th grade (or somewhere around that time) and I had Silver, me and a friend of mine always brought in our Game Boys at school even though they weren't allowed, and we always traded/battled during lunch or recess. We got caught a few times but we still did it. xD Now that wifi is the next thing now, it makes trading/battling a lot easier and it brings fans a lot closer. Not only that, but you make a lot of Pokefriends that way too...especially here in the community. :D

We have two sections that can allow you to do just that, and that would be both the Trade Corner (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=161)and the Battle Center (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260). It's self explanatory, both sections specialize in trading and battling via wifi, so whenever you're itching for a battle, you can always visit the Battle Center. If you want to trade some Pokemon in order to obtain any Pokemon to complete your dex or to start a collection, you can do that as well. You can even make a shop as well. I heard those are pretty fun. :D

I hope to chat with you soon as well. Make yourself at home here, and be sure you read the rules! Have fun, welcome aboard, and I'll see you around. <3

Sheep
September 2nd, 2013, 10:12 AM
I'm such an old grandma when it comes to Wi-Fi trading/battling since I only recently got a proper Wi-Fi connection to access the GTS and such with. xD; But it's so much better! Never did I think we'd be able to trade or battle people from the other side of the world. Amazing, isn't it? Welcome to PC!

Ooh, about time you upgraded to the 3DS. As much as I loved my DS Lite back in the day it's hard to go back to it because how dim and tiny the screen is. X and Y are going to be rockin' and they have me on the edge of my seat; hard to believe we only have a month left until that rolls around. Chespin will be my starter so.. hopefully its evolutions look great too. Man, I'm so excited to see them! Still waiting for my money to come in so I can preorder though.. first time I'll be doing that but better to be safe than sorry. I'd be crushed if the games sold out in my local game store on release day.

We look forward to having you here so thank you for joining the amazing forum that is PokeCommunity. Lots of friends to meet around here, like Meganium up there and myself, plus others that are posting all over the forum. If you need some help you're free to give a staff member a holler. Have fun! n~n