PDA

View Full Version : Hello All! I'm Peaverin!

Peaverin
September 2nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
Hi There! Im new in this forum.
Im a Spanish 15-year-old boy that is creating its own Pokémon Game. I'm using the Pokemon Essentials engine.
I started creating the game just 2 or 3 days ago. I think I will be able to complete it and release a demo some day...
Well, here's a video showing the title screen i've done. More videos will come if you suscribe at the PkmnZarkhram channel (Pokemon Zarkhram Version is the name of the game).
Oh, wait, It seems that I'm not able to post Url's until I haven't created 15 posts:/ Just search "Pokémon: Zarkhram Version" on youtube and you will find it (the channel's name is PkmnZarkhram).
I also came here to meet new people and help with what I can the other members :D
I hope I don't disturb you too much as my english skills aren't perfect :P
Well, that's all at the moment^^ See you on the forums

PD: Zarkhram doesn't mean anything... It's just a new word I invented for the game (it will be the region's name too).

Sterling
September 2nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
Well, your English is okay. There's no need to worry about that. :D And yeah, you can't really post images and links until you reach 15 posts, but that's alright! You don't need to rush yourself in getting those 15 posts just to post a link/images. The PokeCommunity has a ton of places for you to post in, and since you're interested in making a game, we have both the ROM Hacking section, as well as the Game Development section. Whichever floats your boat, you can always check out both sections. :)

Welcome aboard to the forums, btw :D You can also advertise your youtube channel on your siggy, as it is the most appropriate place to post in. I know you'll have a wonderful time here. Just be sure you read the rules, and I hope to see you around! :D

Sheep
September 2nd, 2013, 06:15 PM
Hey there Peaverin! Welcome welcome welcome to the forum! <33

Games made with programs like Pokemon Essentials fall under Game Development (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54) so be sure to check that out and explore. They've lots of resources to help you out along the way! Hitting 15 posts is very easy as long as you don't spam the forum and the like. There are lots of boards on PC which means plenty of discussions.. so check out the areas that interest you and make some posts. n~n You can discuss your favorite generation, the anime, join clubs, or even chat about music or other video games.

Aaand I'll be looking forward to your demo so work hard on that! If you're looking to get the word out for your channel, you can include some text in your signature. That's the best place to advertise rather than in posts. Good luck! :) Some people make fangames in just a few weeks which always really surprises me. So much time goes into them, and I'm personally really excited for Phoenix Rising that I saw in the Game Development board recently.

Have a great time here sir! Let me know if you need any help. Any other moderator is happy to help too!

Peaverin
September 2nd, 2013, 11:57 PM
Thanks Meganium90 and Cirno, I'm sure I'll have a good time here ^^

Orifiel
September 3rd, 2013, 12:41 AM
Oh, that avatar? It's from the tutorial on Youtube.
Whatever, welcome to PC Peaverin. I see you like making your own hack.
I believe everyone has the potential, even you of course. Hope you make
progress at any rate. Have fun here. If you have anything more to ask,
just ask our kindest staffs and moderators to guide/help you.

Peaverin
September 3rd, 2013, 02:53 PM
Oh, that avatar? It's from the tutorial on Youtube.
Whatever, welcome to PC Peaverin. I see you like making your own hack.
I believe everyone has the potential, even you of course. Hope you make
progress at any rate. Have fun here. If you have anything more to ask,
just ask our kindest staffs and moderators to guide/help you.
Ops, I didn't know my avatar was from anything Youtube tutorial. I just chose the one I liked and put it as my avatar.
Thank you for your welcome:)

awolfsquared
September 3rd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Helloo there Peaverin! welcome to PC!

Just so you know, no one's gonna hate you for your English. :) We're a nice group of people and most people don't judge you for how good your English is. People judge you for your character and personality and you seem to have a nice character and personality so that's good! No need to worry so much. :) We have a lot of people who also don't speak English well and so we understand that. I think as long as most people can understand you, then you are fine and I got what you said fine. :)

I did look up your channel and it was impressive. Hopefully you can get that game working on cause it sound interesting. I can't wait to see the demo too myself. As Cirno said hitting 15s post is easy here cause we have a ton of place you can post at. Just don't spam to get that 15 as quickly as possible okay? But that should be hard to spam here cause we have a lot of legit topics to talk about. There's a lot of games in Game Development you can talk about and of course you can post yours when you reach all the required goals.

But anyway, have a load of fun here okay? No matter what you post about you should try to enjoy yourself doing it. Besides moderators, there's super moderators and staff administrators you can contact if you're ever lost anything. See you around sometime!