PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto

Peitharchia
September 3rd, 2013, 02:33 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2u5582w.png

Most of us know what GTA is, but here's a quick run down for those who don't.

Grand Theft Auto is a video game series published by Rockstar. In these games, you're in an open world where you choose missions to progress through the story. The series contains various protagonists whose main goal is to climb through the ranks and become the master criminal. Those who turn their backs on them during their journeys are the antagonists. The locations of these games are based around many American and European cities. Grand Theft Auto has won many awards throughout the years and is one of most well-known gaming franchises universally.

How many of you have played GTA games? Which ones did you play? What's your most favorite game from the series? Feel free to use this thread to discuss everything that you love about GTA!

Blue
September 3rd, 2013, 02:53 AM
I've only ever played it a couple of times at a friends house and I did enjoy it, I've never owned any of the games though. I do plan on getting GTA V and I'm pretty psyched about it too, I like the concept of the limitless activities!

xxkaylabby
September 3rd, 2013, 03:11 AM
i love GTA. i have GTA 3 and Vice city. i seriously need to get the new one coming out. my favorite thing to do in the game is to get as many police stars as i can.

PureAurorae
September 5th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Grand Theft Auto... well I have had a lot of fun times with these games.

I have every GTA after and including GTA: III. In general my favourite has to be GTA: San Andreas just because I love the storyline. Also the sheer size of the map in GTA: San Andreas is huge, and it takes a very long time to explore the whole of it. (I for one haven't explored the whole of it!)

So GTA: V is coming out on the 17th of September. I actually cannot wait for it and for sure is going to probably one which I invest a lot of time into. I can't wait to explore Los Santos again.

Peitharchia
September 20th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Grand Theft Auto V has been released just a few days ago. Have any of you gotten this game yet? If so, then how are you enjoying it so far?

I, unfortunately, didn't have the chance to get my hands on this game. I did read a review about it, though. According to the review, the game offers a completely new graphics style (a style that we've never even seen before in any GTA games), and the missions are extremely heart-pumping. The game utilizes vehicles a lot. Almost every missions in this game requires you a fast way to travel, whether it be by bus, car, train, or motorcycle. Sounds pretty exciting, doesn't it? I may purchase this game later this week, when I finally get my paycheck. (: The game does have a huge price tag, but it's definitely worth it.

ShadowE
September 20th, 2013, 03:06 AM
I've seen some video's of it, and i love the way it looks, it has a huge map and hijacking planes is always fun. I will for sure get GTA V.

Hikamaru
September 20th, 2013, 03:23 AM
I've only played GTA: San Andreas as far as the games go, but I do agree with what PureAurorae/Formula 1 said there, I loved the map in that game and there was so much to explore. In fact, thanks to a few cheat codes my brother shared with me I was able to take good advantage of that. I still won't play a GTA game ever again though, because I wasn't a fan of the franchise in general.

C4
September 20th, 2013, 08:04 AM
I really have a soft spot for open-world, do-as-you-want games like these. I love the GTA series, especially GTA II.

LAWSICK
September 20th, 2013, 09:15 AM
i've had this game reserved since february. i did it for the free poster, hurr.

but i'm was a tiny bit disappointed that the multiplayer has not launched yet and if this is old news, well i don't keep up with this franchise. :p and gasp, you can dive underwater!

TwilightBlade
September 20th, 2013, 09:27 AM
I have Grand Theft Auto IV and V. I've only played for a few hours in total, though I have watched my brothers play more. I crashed the convertible in the first mission, lol. This illustrates my experience with this series.

xxkaylabby
September 20th, 2013, 10:38 AM
i know some of my friends got it and we've been selling them crazy at work. i've watched some videos and i need it now D:

Kanzler
September 20th, 2013, 10:42 AM
I finished GTA IV. All those immoral and cruel acts, you have no idea how many people I've mugged/killed for cash - especially those right beside an ATM XD One thing I loved about the game (on PC) was how there was a custom channel that you could put your own music into. So yeah, I play as a Serb driving Italian, Japanese, or German cars listening to Korean music XD

Playful_Weasel
September 20th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I used to be a huge GTA fan, I had GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, and GTA IV. I had lots of fun playing the games... slowly these kind of games started getting boring for me, not sure why. I can still play them but it won't be the same. I'll play them about 30 minutes and then I'll turn it off.

As for the new game, I might give it a try, it might get me back into GTA games.

Elaitenstile
September 21st, 2013, 03:15 AM
I used to play GTA games and though they were a good pass time. I never showed any real interests in those games, though, but I did have fun playing them. Our computer wasn't really hi-tech back then so GTA IV didn't work properly, and that put me off from the games.

Sweets Witch
September 21st, 2013, 05:38 AM
I've played every GTA title at some point or another (although I only own from III onwards) and I must say that while IV left a bad taste in my mouth, V is quickly overwriting all of those bittersweet memories. If I could marry a copy of this script, I would do so in a heartbeat.

But yeah, it's certainly a strange series. It's well-known for its explicit violence and sexual content, but some of the games (especially San Andreas and V) have this strange sense of social commentary about them. Things like torturing for information and rioting after an unfavorable verdict really happen and they're way too serious to just brush off as we regularly do. The bad side of life isn't pretty.

curiousnathan
September 21st, 2013, 06:03 AM
I am a massive fan of GTA. I have Vice City and San Andreas, and have just bought GTA V on Thursday. I've got to say it's one of the best gaming series I've ever played, there's simply so much to do, to unlock and to...well destroy haha; especially in GTA V. I've been playing it non-stop for three days, I just can't get enough! I would definitely recommend anyone who doesn't have GTA V to buy it as soon as possible because it's a fantastic game. (Just look at the ratings it has received from the major gaming sites such as IGN - 10/10!)

ShadowE
September 21st, 2013, 06:05 AM
Everyone who has GTA V already... im jealous right now as i tried to get it, but its sold out EVERYWHERE in my country ;_;

Team Fail
September 21st, 2013, 07:06 AM
I have GTA IV on my Xbox and my PC. Xbox version is for vanilla gameplay, the PC version for modding. Mostly carmageddon.

Nauje
September 21st, 2013, 07:20 AM
I have played GTA, but never really owned it. Last time I ever played GTA was San Andreas on PS2 haha

I do want to get GTA 5 however, my friends are insisting me to get it and it does look pretty damn awesome. I liked Sleeping Dogs and open-world games in general, and being able to live a life of a gangster/criminal sounds... appealing. Plus multiplayer sounds crazy as well, definitely wouldn't want to miss out on that.

Brendino
September 22nd, 2013, 12:15 AM
Aah... GTA V is basically consuming my life right now. I've played somewhere between 25-30 hours worth of the game since I got it on Tuesday, and I'm just barely a quarter of the way through the story. There's just so much to do in the game that keeps you sidetracked, and the map is so big that I've only seen a little over half of it. I shudder to think how much time I'm going to waste on GTA Online when it comes out at the beginning of October, especially after reading some of the confirmed online features (http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/08/15/15-incredible-gta-5-multiplayer-features-gta-online-revealed/).

I've played GTA IV and a bit of the other ones too, but I don't know if I'd even be able to go back to them at this point.

Recluse
September 22nd, 2013, 12:24 AM
I've played GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas and only a little of IV on PC. When III first came out, I was really addicted to that game. Same was with San Andreas.

Cerberus87
September 22nd, 2013, 12:33 AM
I got into it with San Andreas then played IV. I really think IV surpassed SA as a game, despite having less features.

Pikachuie
September 22nd, 2013, 09:53 AM
The first one i played was vice city and then i got some more of them (My dad loved them and so did we :3) like SA,Lib city,vice city stories,and GTA III for the ps2 and we have GTA IV and Episodes on the ps3. We might be getting GTA V soon so that will make me happy :D

Pidgey
September 22nd, 2013, 10:37 AM
Apart from V, I've only ever owned IV myself, but as everyone and their mother who had a PS2 seemed to have San Andreas as well, there were lots of opportunities to try that as well, but I don't see that as much of a loss, since GTA has always really been about the free roaming to me, so it wasn't like I constantly had to try the same missions again and stuff :p

Only reason I actually bought IV was because my friend and I were looking for a game we could play together, and as IV was on sale, we decided to buy two copies of it (well, we decided that I bought the games, and he'd repay me later. The money is still nowhere in sight, and this was like 2 years ago ;p), and it turned out to be a lot of fun. I was a bit bummed by the lack of a flying cars cheat, as flying around the world in a car was one of the things I had the most fun with in SA. But anyways, all my time in IV has pretty much been spent on the online mode in IV, as the story just never meant anything to me in the games, and I really don't feel like I've missed out anyways. Doesn't sound like it either, with all the criticism the story/missions have received anyways.

It took a bit before finalizing my decision on buying GTA V though, as it was quiite expensive, and without a job, I'm kinda cautious with what I spend my money on, and as I also had a lot of other things I wanted, I wasn't sure if V was gonna be the first on my list. However, about a month before release, Gamestop started a deal, where you could give them two games from a list they had, and pre-order the game for $20, and it worked perfectly, as I had two from the list which had turned out to be huge disappointments anyways ;)

But yeah, so far the game's been great. The story mode of V is certainly more interesting that IV, so I don't mind being stuck with it for now, but the online mode is still what I mainly got the game for. And from the online trailers, it looks like it's gonna be awesome this time around, especially with how big the map is in this game :D Still no flying cars though :(

«Chuckles»
September 22nd, 2013, 01:38 PM
I love the new GTA, though a lot of people are saying that Saints Row IV sucked compared to GTA V really grinds my gears because Saints Row has really changed and isn't about being in a gang and loyalty and stuff like that it's about giving your dude a nice outfit and going around using telekinisis and trying to save them as you throw them threw the air. enough about Saints Row.

I think GTA V has really branched off from being just mayhem since number one, I really like the whole fact that in multiplayer you could live... a... normal.... life with your own penthouse and just going to the beach without killing thousands of people you also create your own dude which is SO GOOD because it was great in SR and it can work in GTA

gimmepie
September 23rd, 2013, 07:00 AM
I love GTA, the open-world style really appeals to me, I like that I can just go around destroying as much as I can if I feel like it.

The storylines are actually pretty good if you ask me, even if they do get a lot of critique from people, although I admit the only one I have actually completed is GTA IV.

As for GTA V. I will be getting this. GTA IV was by far my favourite storyline, but Sand Andreas was my favourite location (it was incredible) and I'm looking forward to experiencing it again (if if I'm confined to Los Santos).

Limerent
September 23rd, 2013, 09:20 PM
First of all, i'm not here :P Secondly, I've been a huge fan of the GTA series and have invested a massive number of hours into all the III an IV era games except Vice City (and GTA Advance which sucks btw). There's just something magical about GTA, the satirical humour, interesting maps, violently crazy and fun gameplay, as well as just the freedom of exploration, I've loved GTA since watching my older cousin play it when I was young. :)

Now, on to GTA V. I've played 46 hours over a period of 5 days, have finished the story and have about 70% game completion. V wasn't exactly what I was expecting (nothing ever is) but it is still a marvellous piece of art that stays true to the GTA franchise and improves it greatly. The map is absolutely beautiful, with a bright, vivid art style that looks stunning. The colours make the game, it has ok graphical fidelity but the style sort of looks like a painting, you have to play it to understand. The water is just mind blowing, it's so enjoyable to swim in and looks like the clear, green and blue sea you'd see on a tropical beach :) The vast size of the map is a plus as well especially with the countryside, it's extremely cool to travel through green rolling hills and parched deserts, I wasn't so captivated by the city, probably because I haven't learnt it fully but more interiors would have been nice.

The story felt kind of short to me, but that's probably because I rushed through it so quickly! I now look forward to just exploring the vast, beautiful map and immersing myself in the detailed and interactive environment, I think there will be replayability for years to come, without going into multiplay even, which greatly excites me btw. GTA V= 9.5/10, do pick it up.

T!M
September 24th, 2013, 08:55 AM
I've been playing GTA IV a lot over the last couple of weeks and I've really fallen in love with Niko. Despite being a, for a lack of betters terms, mercenary, he's a pretty ... honorable and respectful person.

The man loves his family and he'll do anything it takes to protect them. I love him.

Annnnyway.

Here are some of the exploits I've gone through recently.
• Rescued Roman... Again... (From Dimitri's thugs.)

• Dated Carmen for a little while then saw that Packie's sister had the hots for me and she seemed much nicer and less trampy than Carmen, so I dumped her. (Carmen, I mean.)

• Saved a Meth head (who appears to have gotten clean) from his former dealers. (Felt really good about that.)

• Helped some psychotic poop-head by disposing of his wife's body (He stabbed her... a lot... for cheating on him. Which I would say is something she deserved... but... I mean c'mon... this guy is cluckin' nuts.)

• Gotten Francis McCrearey out of the hot seat multiple cotton pickin' times.

• Really wanting to put a bullet in his brain, that crooked piece of slime.

• Killed X Playboy as opposed to killing Dwayne.

• Saw the Statue of Happiness Easter Egg

• Robbed a ****ing BANK! I was like, yeeaaaaaauuuuh. Finally got the Colt M4 Carbine gun. Sick of that crappy AK anyway.

So yeah that's about it. Hopefully things work out with Dwayne, Kate and Packie... :/

Oh, shiza! Forgot about this... I hate Packie's brother, Gerald or something... Coming up on me like that... "Don't *cernsored* with my family... or I'll *censored* with yours...

Boy!? Do you know who you are talking to? This is Nikolai Bellic, you on crack, son? I know you're doing that Coke, but dude. I will beat your butt with Niko if you ever threaten me like that again. Ooooooooohhhhh... Gimme a shot you piece of garbage! One shot!

Sorry. Lost the happy. But the happy's back!

Peitharchia
October 1st, 2013, 02:18 AM
Grand Theft Auto Online launches today! Are any of you excited? If you want to install this feature, then you'd have to update GTA V on your Xbox or PS3 just like you would with any other games. Once you're done updating and start booting up the game, you should be able to see a fourth character slot in the main menu. If you click on this slot, then according to the article that I'm reading, you will be taken to the GTA Online screen immediately. d:

Rockstar say that the events in GTA Online take place a couple of months before the actual campaign, which is pretty... interesting! Also, players won't be able to steal or destroy any of your property, so when you let them into your house, you won't have to be worried about anything at all. Go nuts!

ShadowE
October 1st, 2013, 09:53 AM
Well so far i only saw a error screen on PS3 saying the servers had trouble... Hopefully Rockstar wont do a "EA" and fix this problem, cause im loving GTA V and playing online with a own made character is awesome.

Brendino
October 1st, 2013, 12:38 PM
I've only been getting error screens on the PS3 too, though I was able to at least create my own character. I'm really looking forward to online though, as I powered through the story and finished it last night, so I don't have a whole lot left to do in single player (mission wise, anyway).

ShadowE
October 1st, 2013, 12:40 PM
Im still playing the mission story, i think im at 40% or more, not sure though.
But i wasnt even able to create my character, which was really disappointing :(

Limerent
October 2nd, 2013, 04:39 AM
Heads up to you guys, Online is now running on Playstation 3 as well as the eggsbawx. It feels pretty fun so far, we need a Pokécommunity GTA crew, would you like to start one Brendan? :)

ShadowE
October 2nd, 2013, 09:00 AM
Online is still being a turd to me :(
Also im on PS3, and all i can do is make a character and then it cant connect to a game, and it deletes my character... So frustrating ;-;

Brendino
October 3rd, 2013, 12:21 AM
I kept trying most of the night, but I've still been having trouble connecting to online, and faced the same issue ShadowExcadrill had of making a character and then having it deleted.

And though I'm already part of a crew, I have set up a PokeCommunity crew up over on the Rockstar Social Club right here (http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/pokecommunity) for those that are interested.

ShadowE
October 3rd, 2013, 12:24 AM
I tried not too long ago, and finally it let me into Online, but it wouldnt start the first mission or Job or w/e... Its so frustrating since i waited 15 mins and it still did nothing... Online is just messed up...

Also im unable to find the PC crew, nor any crew at all since the search button is just showing nothing

Limerent
October 3rd, 2013, 01:25 AM
The Crew(PS3): http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/pokecommunity

Sorry to hear Online isn't working for you guys, I've had access for 20 hours or so and it's gradually improving, so try occasionally, and try doing the first mission in solo mode.
Free roam works and for me missions are patched to not fail to load.

ShadowE
October 3rd, 2013, 01:32 AM
I didnt know you could do the first mission solo... How if im allowed to ask?

JetBlackJericho
October 6th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Hey Guys!! I was just wondering f there are any PS3 users out there with GTA V and they would like to hope on GTA Online sometime. Right now my character is level 10 and my PSN ID is TheViper95

Kyrul
October 6th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Hey Guys!! I was just wondering f there are any PS3 users out there with GTA V and they would like to hope on GTA Online sometime. Right now my character is level 10 and my PSN ID is TheViper95

Oh cool you live in Laquey? I've done a few service calls down there and the Guard's had me in the area a few times. Like right past Ft. Leonard Wood right?

I would play with ya, but my ps3 is dead. Stuck with an xbox now. Try joining that PokeCommunity crew that Brendino was talkin about, I'm sure you'll find a few people in that.

Brendino
October 7th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Hey Guys!! I was just wondering f there are any PS3 users out there with GTA V and they would like to hope on GTA Online sometime. Right now my character is level 10 and my PSN ID is TheViper95Like Kyrul said, feel free to join the PokeCommunity crew linked a couple of posts up. I'm still having a few issues with online (thinking it might be my own connection rather than GTA itself at this point), but myself and O07_eleven did manage to play for a little bit last night, so there's a little bit of activity in the group at least with 6 members so far.

Limerent
October 7th, 2013, 04:19 AM
GG with Brendino, it was pretty routine, nothing too exciting, but I look forward to playing with some of you in the future, as such I sent you a Friend Request JetBlackJericho. I've racked up quite a few days of gametime already and can confidently say once you settle in you'll really start to enjoy it :) Also, if you need tips ask me!

ShadowE
October 7th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Im kinda stuck on the Online part atm in which all missions are 2 teams based and more often there is one team that just has the best stuff and the other is... crap...
Is there any mission which involves just one team?

Altair
October 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
I've never even played any GTA game. I never really was interested in it, I don't plan to get the new one. Apparently it made 1 billion in 3 days? That's a huge amount haha, so many people I know love this game though and they don't understand how I don't play it!

Para-Dox
October 7th, 2013, 11:28 AM
The only GTA game I own is the port of Vice City on my Nexus 7. I have no idea what to do in it and just like to spend the time getting busted and driving badly.

JetBlackJericho
October 7th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Oh cool you live in Laquey? I've done a few service calls down there and the Guard's had me in the area a few times. Like right past Ft. Leonard Wood right?

I would play with ya, but my ps3 is dead. Stuck with an xbox now. Try joining that PokeCommunity crew that Brendino was talkin about, I'm sure you'll find a few people in that.

Yeah dude! like 18 miles from Fort Leonard Wood to my house! I didnt expect to find anyone in the Missouri area here hahaha

Peitharchia
October 27th, 2013, 01:27 AM
Good news, guys. Early next month, we're going to get our first major DLC in GTA V—the Beach Bum pack! This DLC pack will update your game with beach-themed weapons and vehicles, give you access to new hairstyles, clothes, tattoos, and other accessories, and unlock new side-quests, including gang attacks, survival, parachutes, races, and deathmatches. Plus, this DLC will be given away to us for absolutely no charge, which is quite awesome! Will any of you be downloading it? I know I will. I mean, it's free, and it adds more content to your game. Is there anything to lose? xD

Also, few months after the release of Beach Bum, they will be introducing a new feature called "Online Content Creator," which is going to give us the ability to create and participate in custom-made missions when on multiplayer. I'm not quite sure how it'll all work, but it does sound like a lot of fun! I already have a few mission ideas floating around my head right now, haha. This will be free as well, by the way, just like the Beach Bum pack.

Pokemonfan1986
October 27th, 2013, 01:33 AM
wish there would come a Wii U version :(

BarthoSparda
October 27th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Has anyone received the 500k GTA dollars yet? It was supposed to be this week that they would deposit it, haven't gotten it yet though

Brendino
October 27th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Going by this article (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rockstar-delays-gta-stimulus-package-announces-dlc/1100-6415789/) over on Gamespot, it looks like the GTA$ stimulus has been held off until sometime next week (this week now, I guess), since they just want to make sure that there aren't any lingering issues that still might affect players losing progress.

I really wish I had more time to dive into GTAO, but I've still been having a few connection issues when I do get some free time to play it. The PokeCommunity PS3 crew does seem to be doing fairly decent, though, as it looks like we're up to 10 members now.

voltianqueen
October 28th, 2013, 07:11 PM
The only GTA game I played in the past was GTA 3, when my cousin left his PS2 at my grandmother's house overnight, so I decided to try it out after watching him play earlier that day. All I did was steal cars and jump off of things lol

So, with that fun memory in mind, I decided to get GTA 5, and I've been addicted! This is the first GTA I've gotten to own and play by myself, and I'm having so much fun just running around and exploring (and dying). I'm just working on the single-player now. I made a character for Online, but I don't know if I'll play much online unless it's with people I know. Either way, my sisters and I are enjoying the game lots!

ShadowE
October 29th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Im playing Online right now on PS3, so lemme know if you wanna play alongside my derpy character

Poki
November 2nd, 2013, 06:13 AM
I grew up playing GTA: Vice City. It was one of my first games, besides WoW III - Frozen Throne, Serious Sam, CS 1.6 etc... That's why it's my favourite version.

I lost my disc and now I'm trying to find it. ;-;

ShadowE
November 2nd, 2013, 06:33 AM
I've been wondering, i saw it many times on the loading screen: Where do you get a free garage, since they keep telling me i get one if im signed up to the Social Club, but i cant find it >.>

acatfrommars
November 8th, 2013, 04:43 PM
I've only played Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V. I've played a little of GTA IV and quite a bit of GTA V. Both very good games, and some of the best free roam games ever made. Rockstar has made some amazing games, this being a couple of them.

RimasLT
November 10th, 2013, 07:55 AM
I have and been played several times : GTA 2,3,VC,( VCS on brother PSP ) SA ( still today going into SAMP,installing CLEO mods,other mods like skins cars,maps. ),4 ( MP was best of it ) , 5 ( Just missions,but after a month I'll go to MP ) ( Did I mention PS rules ;) hehe )

Typhon
November 10th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Sadly haven't got this game yet, but I'm getting it veery soon! :> I've played GTA IV and GTA: San Andreas and they were both amazing. The idea of GTA is great but there's a lot of 18+ stuff small kids shouldn't bee seeing, especially in GTA V. They also made the map much more bigger, which is great!

I also looove going up a hill then riding down it with a motorbike. Seriously, if you have GTA you should try it. It's really amazing! Also, that fact that you can get a jet is super cool. Make sure you have a big house, park your jet and BAM. How cool!

GTA V online is.... meh. The customization isn't that great, but playing with your friends and whatnot on multiplayer is seriously fun. I've tried it before at a friends house before, and it is nice. The errors and servers really annoy me. Even though Rockstar Studios fixed the problems, they had a ton of problems before which was kinda annoying. They could of have tested it and got some criticism on it first, before releasing it with lots of bugs.

Kyrul
November 11th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Selfies with my babies. <3 Except the Elegy, I'm disowning her.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa17/darkpikachu44/0_0_zps48385fc2.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa17/darkpikachu44/0_1_zpsee8d14f7.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa17/darkpikachu44/0_2_zpsef8d0906.jpg

You would think I would use the Corvette all the time but nope. Mustang has been my car of choice. I just love the sound of those American muscle cars.

ShadowE
November 12th, 2013, 12:56 AM
I spend my 500k to buy a Lamborghini xD
And since Elegy's are free i ususally drive in them since people are real idiots and just blowing up your car ;-;

Limerent
December 5th, 2013, 03:15 AM
I notice this hasn't been posted in for a while, so just some general announcements:

-If you played GTA Online at all during the month of October you should be eligible for a $500,000 stimulus package, so if you haven't played in a while check your bank account, you may be pleasantly surprised! :)
-The beach bum DLC (free) is out, it isn't too exciting, but there are some new vehicles, cool clothes and such. Bikinis!
-Servers are now running smoothly, the disastrous launch Typhon mentioned with connection and cloud problems is over and most issues are fixed. I know it was very frustrating to play at the beginning but you should be fine now.

ShadowE and I have been playing GTA:Online quite regularly, so if you feel like playing just ask for one of our PSN names, I'd love to have fun with PC folk sometime!

Whatever Shadow posts next I bet he can't beat this pedestrian I found for sexiness ;)
http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/8990/1DCSIB2_yESDRDK9guAang/0_0.jpg

ShadowE
December 5th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Same here, i love hanging around in Los Santos making money and RP and just fooling around ^_^

Haha, okay i cant beat that, but i did found Skyla ;P

http://i.imgur.com/a6Uu2A9.jpg

Introvert
December 5th, 2013, 03:38 AM
GTA 4 had MUCH better multiplayer. We weren't punished for killing people in free mode and we didn't have to pay for necessities like weapons and ammo.

Couldn't Rockstar just have made two different free roam modes like in Red Dead Redemption? One where killing anyone is fair game, and another where there's no friendly fire at all? GTA 5 really disappointed me with it's online. The single player was cut short for a very restrictive multiplayer experience.

Limerent
December 5th, 2013, 03:55 AM
GTA 4 had MUCH better multiplayer. We weren't punished for killing people in free mode and we didn't have to pay for necessities like weapons and ammo.

Couldn't Rockstar just have made two different free roam modes like in Red Dead Redemption? One where killing anyone is fair game, and another where there's no friendly fire at all? GTA 5 really disappointed me with it's online. The single player was cut short for a very restrictive multiplayer experience.

I have GTA4 too, and although I will say it was very fun there wasn't really a lot to do in free roam. Imagination and role play was the only thing to do besides deathmatch without any sort of progression, which is pointless if you aren't having fun. That might be the ultimate definition of free, but I like their being customisable cars, clothing, some of the in world activites like crate drops, armoured car robberies, convenience store robberies. Overall there's a lot more co-op missions, as well as Golf, I like golf xD. I can still roleplay and just randomly drive around in GTA V too.

Passive mode is just as effective as friendly fire, people would still ram you with helicopter blades, cars and rpgs to kill you in GTA4, it was just as annoying as being shot. You're only punished for destroying personal vehicles, which can be a bit unfair but there are ways to destroy peoples cars without getting bad sport, they also made it so you need to destroy a lot more cars to get that status in the recent patch.

ShadowE
December 6th, 2013, 12:52 AM
I agree... GTA IV was boring online. And you can always start a solo session or a session with friends :)

Limerent
December 11th, 2013, 12:29 AM
For those not in the know the 1.07 patch brought us the Content Creator! It's a Beta version, but we can now create our own custom deathmatches and races. Also, you have one chance to change your characters opinion so give it a shot! I will put up a photo of mine later :)

Edit: My character :)
http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/3454/HPc0ob-Ij0mKu7-O7gjs1Q/0_0.jpg

ShadowE
December 11th, 2013, 12:31 AM
YES! Finally i can make my lvl 30 character into Skyla hehehehehehe

Rockstar... you are a GOD :D

Limerent
December 14th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Sigh... A hacker just gave me a billion dollars in GTA:O. Or it could be one hundred million, it doesn't make much difference :D Now money means nothing to me. I'm sort of sad with Rockstar for making a system that relies more on grinding for cash than fun gameplay, then having the balls to leech money, $20 for 1.25mil in virtual cash. What a cash cow. The game is fun, don't get me wrong, but I sort of see what introvert meant now, GTA IV had a cleaner focus to it.

If you want cars modified let me know, that's the only way I can share this. Or setting endless bounties.

ShadowE
December 15th, 2013, 02:39 AM
Darn thats horrible to hear. I love making money on my own by starting jobs who gave me a ton of money, but with hackers now im GTA V...

Anywho i just hope i wont get a billion... that'd be no fun, though id love to get a better apartment and a car xD

Knor
December 15th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Yep, the hacked thing happened to me too (same lobby), and I'm really not sure how I feel about it. Yesterday was actually my first 'full' day playing GTA:O, so I'm only level 7-8 ish. With $123 million in my bank, I feel a bit cheated, haha. I bought an apartment + a garage full of cars, but I almost wish that I had earned them properly. Oh well. I just hope I don't run into a level hack.

Limerent
December 15th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Yep, the hacked thing happened to me too (same lobby), and I'm really not sure how I feel about it. Yesterday was actually my first 'full' day playing GTA:O, so I'm only level 7-8 ish. With $123 million in my bank, I feel a bit cheated, haha. I bought an apartment + a garage full of cars, but I almost wish that I had earned them properly. Oh well. I just hope I don't run into a level hack.

Oh well, I'm sure we can find a way to blow that money somehow. Strip club, here I come! ;)
*6months later* I think i'm becoming immune to these pixelated boobies... :O There must be some ridiculously stupid stuff we can do, like get a bunch of the most expensive cars, modify them, put them on top of submarines and drop them in a pile at the bottom of the ocean so we can take a cool picture. Ummm.

ShadowE
December 16th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Oh well, I'm sure we can find a way to blow that money somehow. Strip club, here I come! ;)
*6months later* I think i'm becoming immune to these pixelated boobies... :O There must be some ridiculously stupid stuff we can do, like get a bunch of the most expensive cars, modify them, put them on top of submarines and drop them in a pile at the bottom of the ocean so we can take a cool picture. Ummm.

Heads over to the Strip Club to strip for money ;)
Just give me all the Bugatti's... Im known for getting expensive cars into the water without even wanting to ;)

Knor
December 16th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Welp. I got reverse-hacked again. $150 million this time. Brings my total bank now to $270,250,073.

Anybody want anything while I'm on? Haha.

ShadowE
December 17th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Now i wish i could be playing GTA haha
Not to get hacked, but just to get at least a apartment as i wasted my money on a silly garage

Knor
December 21st, 2013, 12:46 AM
Well, I'm not sure what the deal is with being given albatross amount of money... But it happened again. Thanks to Billye049, I guess...

http://i.imgur.com/B6chhLl.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/pbm9qwn.jpg?1

The fact that I can do this, kinda makes me upset:

http://i.imgur.com/qulQjqQ.jpg?1

ShadowE
December 21st, 2013, 01:12 AM
Ugh i just feel horrible for ya'll who get this. It ruins all the fun of making money yourself to get something you really want. Ill be able to play with yall tomorrow night :D

Knor
December 21st, 2013, 02:18 AM
I'm playing with my friend, and he mentions that there's such thing as a cheater's lobby for people who have insane amounts of money, cheating, etc...

I am PRAYING that I don't get placed in this. It's actually such BS.

ShadowE
December 21st, 2013, 02:20 AM
No one should be in such place... Just report whoever gave you so much money seems the best option IMO

Etikp
December 21st, 2013, 04:23 AM
The very first GTA i played was vice city, i played it so much that every road was by heart to me :) I am hoping GTA 5 will come for pc though.

Knor
December 22nd, 2013, 12:29 AM
The amount of money I'm getting is absolutely ridiculous, I'm almost considering just stopping playing in full lobbies altogether.

Anybody want a car modded or something? I don't know what to do with all of this unwanted cash.

ShadowE
December 22nd, 2013, 02:01 AM
I can get on tonight and id love to get my cars modded ^_^