PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

The_Silver_Kid
September 3rd, 2013, 05:01 PM
Yeah I'm new. I am currently putting together a rom hack and I needed some help so I created an account so I could get some.

Sheep
September 3rd, 2013, 05:35 PM
Hi there Silver! Welcome to PC! ^o^

ROM hacking is very popular on PC and plenty of new people join to get involved in that, so check out the Emulation boards and look through all the tutorials there that suit your needs. There are guides on sprite editing, tilesets, scripting, and a lot of others, so surely there'll be at least one or two that'll help push you forward. Oh, and you can let us know about the story/plot idea you have so far in the Storyline Idea thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=120080). :D That's another nice place to start and document your ideas to look back on later.

I can't help you personally as I'm not a hacker, but if you don't know where to post things or how to find specific threads you're welcome to message me. I'll try and find them for you but if I can't, I'll direct you to people who can help. :)

Enjoy your stay on the forum! Hope you have a great time and evolve into a talented hacker in the near future. Contact a staff member if you have questions; we're more than happy to help.

Hikamaru
September 3rd, 2013, 05:48 PM
Hello Silver, welcome aboard!

If you were looking for help on ROM hacks, Cirno showed you the best place to ask for that. While you're there, check out the rest of the Emulation & ROM Hacking section in general since it's full of great hacking tools and also hacks you can download and play. Like Cirno there, I'm not a hacker so I won't be able to assist you there but hopefully you'll find someone who can.

Anyways, I'm sure you can stick around here at PC and enjoy what the forums have on offer, you might also enjoy the non-hack stuff as well since we are a diverse community after all. And if you ever need help, don't hesitate to ask those staff members you'll see around. Have fun and good luck with your project!

- Hikari10