PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Pokecommunity!

Gfx
September 4th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Hello, Everybody! :]

My name is Destin Raffii and I am 17 years old. I've pretty much played Pokemon my whole life. However, over the years, I grew out of it a little bit. When I saw one of my friend's younger brothers playing White 2, I asked him if I could play and he let me. As I was playing, all my childhood memories came back and I decided to get a few ROMs and stuff for my computer. I fell in love again <3. After that, I knew that I had to get involved into a Pokemon Community so here I am.

Some other info about me:
I LOVE Sonic games. I do a lot of Sonic speed runs and stuff, so I may post videos of that.
My favorite Pokemon is Absol. It really wasn't until I saw the MegaEvolution and I fell in love. However, I did always think it was an awesome Pokemon.
I love Graphic designs, hence the name GFX and my signature. I hope to make and post a lot of signatures and stuff that I find and hope to stay active in the art sections.
I've came here for challenges as well and I hope to be pretty successful with that section.
I work at a Grocery Store called Publix.
Anddd, I am a singer in a metal band. I'm drifting away from the band because they aren't as serious as I am, and the realization of not becoming famous is slowly seeping in, however I do love music.

Anyways, that's my intro! I hope some of y'all message me or something so that I can have an awesome time here! <3

Sheep
September 4th, 2013, 05:40 PM
I love Absol myself. :D It was one of my staples during the R/S/E days and I was so happy when it finally got the physical/special split since that made it more useful. Can finally take advantage of that awesome attack stat! It's great that you're enjoying Pokemon so much even after a long break. I've personally never grew out of the series but can imagine how much fun it would be for someone just diving back into it again - so many new things and amazing, sleek visuals!

So how've you been faring so far? I certainly hope you've been enjoying your stay on PC and whee, definitely check out the art boards! <3 They are lovely and have some great regulars. The people there are really good at helping you better your art by commenting and the like so it's worth it. Plus shops tend to be pretty popular here~

So yeah, welcome to PC and have fun, all right? Let me or another staff know if you need anything at all!

Hikamaru
September 4th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Hi there Destin and welcome!

Absol's always been one awesome Pokemon, getting even better with every new generation, and it's also getting a Mega Evolution in the upcoming X & Y. If you're interested in art, Cirno already directed you to Art & Design which is the best place to show off your works, or even open a shop where people can request art for you to make. And given you love Absol, maybe you might want to also pop by the Dark-type Club (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=269125) over in Pokemon Clubs. It's run by one of my best friends here so you'll fit in well.

Anyways, I'm sure you can make new friends and fit in well because everyone here would love to meet you, and if you have questions there's always those staff members in the blue, orange and red like Cirno over there. I'm always happy to chat so feel free to leave me a visitor message. Have fun here okay?

- Hikari10

Gfx
September 5th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, you two! (: