PDA

View Full Version : Best Video Game Console?

Nakala Pri
September 6th, 2013, 02:05 AM
What was the best video game console, in your opinion? I think the 3Ds and the Wii are brilliant! I mean, playing Mario Kart in 3D, making Peach skid on piano keys was so fun! And most of the most loved games off mine were on the Wii. But I wanna hear YOUR opinions. :3

(delete this thread, I don't mind.)

«Chuckles»
September 6th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Gameboy, honestly it created an efficient way to play games on the go even though there were predessors nothing topped the Gameboys it homed some of the best selling games i.e. Pokemon and Mario even other games for the SNES were remastered onto the GBC.

Sweets Witch
September 6th, 2013, 05:40 AM
GBA. I'm a huge fan of the GBA's game library. All of my favorite games are for the PS2 but I like a lot more GBA games than PS2 games in general. Of course, the worst part of the GBA was it running on batteries. God, I hope I never have to deal with batteries outside of my car and tv remote ever again.

Peitharchia
September 6th, 2013, 03:14 PM
GameCube was one of the best consoles to be ever created, in my opinion. It was very durable. You could've drop it to the floor as much as you liked, but nothing would have happened to it other than a few scratches. Its controllers had a great button layout, which was easy to get used to. Also, GameCube used to have some of best graphics around back in its day. If you've played games like Soulcalibur, DK Jungle Beat, or Resident Evil, you could've seen how powerful it was graphical-wise. My favorite game for this console was Super Mario Sunshine. It was very addictive, and I used to play it ever weekened when I didn't have to go to school.

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
September 6th, 2013, 04:56 PM
I'd have to say it's a tie between the Playstation 2, and the Gameboy Advance SP model.

The Playstation 2, while not having as much power as the two other systems in it's category, had the lasting power, remaining active for over 10 years! That's impressive as hell. The Gameboy Advance had an impressive game library, full backwards compatibility and the SP inproved on the model with a rechargable battery, backlight, and closable system for better portability and screen protection.

Nakala Pri
September 6th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Thanks, guys! It's been really cool hearing your opinions, truly. I, myself, find the GameCube to be a great invention, but it can't make my list. Too many bad memories having my butt kicked in Melee while being Zelda. xD

Osiris
September 6th, 2013, 11:04 PM
The fact that games are still being produced for the PlayStation 2 while consoles two generations after it are coming out speaks to the quality of the system. Like David said, it may not have had the power of the Xbox and GameCube, but the size of its game base alone is crazy (I believe it had 1000 more titles than the Xbox). And the games themselves were pretty good too, which is why I was disappointed I didn't get one of the backwards-compatible PS3s.

The handheld console that I think was the best would have to be the DS (no particular model). Adding the second touch screen really opened up a brand-new way to play games, and probably kicked off touch screen games becoming so popular on things like smartphones and tablets down the line, too. And not only did the DS itself have a large collection, but pre DSi models were backwards compatible with GBA games too, which basically rendered my GBA SP usless when I upgraded.

Nakala Pri
September 6th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Well, I'm probably going to have to agree with you on that one. The PlayStation 2 is pretty famous for, well, all that you mentioned. So, you hit the nail on the head! :P

Mr. X
September 6th, 2013, 11:32 PM
The fact that games are still being produced for the PlayStation 2 while consoles two generations after it are coming out speaks to the quality of the system. Like David said, it may not have had the power of the Xbox and GameCube, but the size of its game base alone is crazy (I believe it had 1000 more titles than the Xbox). And the games themselves were pretty good too, which is why I was disappointed I didn't get one of the backwards-compatible PS3s.

It's not really the quality, more like their is still profit to be made.

The only games that have been released for it in the past few years have been the yearly revisions of the PES and FIFA series. Mainly since countries where the sport is very popular still has a signifigant number of people who still use the PS2.

Speaking of that, 2014 revision of FIFA is going to be out in a few weeks. Avaliable at the nearest... Whatever store that still sells new PS2 games.

ShadowE
September 7th, 2013, 06:23 AM
The PS2 is indeed in my opinion aswell the best console ever. It lasts long, has many games avalible for it (and still being made for it). It sometimes had trouble reading my memory cards, but i had so much fun with the PS2

Serene Grace
September 7th, 2013, 12:04 PM
This is a very subjective thread, but hey ho right!

In my opinion, the best video game console on the market is currently the Xbox 360. It's got a mixture of everything - a great controller, fantastic software and (now) awesome value for money - and this is coming from a guy who owns a PS3. The reason I prefer the Xbox 360 to the PS3 is the software/OS running on the PS3 is... not even comparable to the Xbox OS and Xbox Live. You may have to pay for Xbox Live but you get your money's worth with it. Whoever designed the user interface for the PS3... Yeah, I'm not even going to go into that.

Handhelds are cool, but I still think that the whole gaming on a battery hoo-hah isn't my cup of tea and I never consider them good value for money. I guess I'm a little bit more hardcore.