PDA

View Full Version : [Essentials script] Pokemon Essentials: Online

Alexandre
September 6th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Hey everyone, some of you might remember a few years ago my project Pokemon Essentials: Online which combined Netplay and Essentials to allow people to make an MMORPG. The kit was buggy and hard to implement into existing projects. I decided to complete the project but in terms of plug and play scripts which add only necessary online functions such as trading and battling. The scripts included have the following basic features implemented:

Register
Login
Trade
Battle

These scripts are beta, bugs are to be expected, if you encounter one, please report it

Download
Beta 2 (http://www.mediafire.com/?7ozgoe3dkka1vsd)
Beta 1 (http://www.mediafire.com/?cnawsaw62eo5wce)

Known Issues:

Certain items used in battle do not sync their animations, such as the throwing of pokeballs

Future Plans

Get some better graphics for the trade screen, they're very ugly. I'm no graphics designer, anyone want to do some?
Add wait message in battle system when waiting for other player to choose
Add a proper request system when requesting trade and battle, the current one is a very poor implementation although it works
Optimise and streamline trade, battle and server code
Add debugging to server, was present in original RMX-OS code but didn't add it when I rewrote the server line by line

Thanks

Blizzard - big thanks to him for all his work on RMX-OS, without it, none of this would have been possible. Server based off his code.
Maruno - advice on how I can implement the battle system
Luka S.J - inspiration

Misc

By the way, I recommend using the script found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307989. It will allow you to run two clients at the same time which will make testing a lot easier.

And another heads up. The battle system has 0 modifications to the actual scene so if I'm playing my cards right, your game's battle graphics will be used even in the online scene.

Hit me up for feature requests and I'll see what I can do.

Bugs fixed in the next version

None so far

Donations
I don't accept donations but if you wish to support me then please send some money towards the Children of Syria appeal here: http://www.warchild.org.uk/donate.

I come from Lebanon and the country is deteriorating under the huge pressure of 800,000 Syrian refugees. If you do choose to donate, PM me here with a screenshot of your donation, it will really make my day.

venom12
September 7th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Great you back with online project, and those features man, it is so great. I hope it will be bigger :D

Peaverin
September 7th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Excellent Script, Alexandre! I've tested it and I've got a bug and a suggestion:
-(bug) You can connect the same account with two different clients.
-(suggestion) I think that instead asking for trading and battling and then for a name, there should be a list of all players and you can select a player and choose between battling or trading. Then a message will appear in the selected player asking for the trade or the battle.

Anyways the system looks very good, I would like a lot to use this feature into my game.

Alexandre
September 8th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Excellent Script, Alexandre! I've tested it and I've got a bug and a suggestion:
-(bug) You can connect the same account with two different clients.
-(suggestion) I think that instead asking for trading and battling and then for a name, there should be a list of all players and you can select a player and choose between battling or trading. Then a message will appear in the selected player asking for the trade or the battle.

Anyways the system looks very good, I would like a lot to use this feature into my game.
The bug is something I thought I fixed. I'll have a look at it again.

Your suggestion is exactly what I want to implement, my only problem is I'm not sure yet how to handle the receiving of requests. Do I put them in a list and you can choose which request you respond to? How do I handle requests that have died, how do I notify the player that they have received a new request? All these things are what made me implement requests as they are now.

And please feel free to use it in your game, remember to credit Blizzard :)

Edit:
So I looked at that bug and for some reason the fix isn't there. I must have modified one of my backups instead of my working directory by accident, it will be fixed in the next version, cheers!

Peaverin
September 8th, 2013, 04:14 AM
-I think that first you have to show the options battle or trade, and create two separate lists for those who want to battle and for those who want to trade. Then, when someone requests for battle/trade other player, it appears the message on the other screen player, and he/she has 20 seconds to answer. A player cannot be requested by other players if he is already being requested.

-Other option is create the 2 separate lists, and if a player requests other player, its name appears in blue color in the other player list, so you'll se blue the name of those who sent you a request. Then if you select some of those with blue name, the battle/trade will automatically start.

I don't know what will be easier to you for do, I'm just giving some ideas.

Alexandre
September 10th, 2013, 06:00 PM
I really thought this would generate more interest...

Anyway an update for you guys who are following. Tomorrow I will be releasing beta 2 which fixes some bugs and includes account management such as changing password, forgot password etc.

Along with this I will be offering a service to people who want to implement PE:O in their games but don't want to have their computer running all the time for the server. I have the server running on a webhost online and it works perfectly. Please PM if you would like me to run a server instance for your game and we can organise something. I will be working on an administration panel for you to be able to manage your server.

Cheers.

th3shark
September 11th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Well I think it's a pretty cool feature! Here's hoping the beta 2 release goes well.

Alexandre
September 11th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Beta 2 released! Contains bug fixes and account management features.

Beta 3 planned features:
-Admin control panel to do things such as restart server, ban users etc
-Mystery gift implementation - place a file on the server which it will load, probably just to set a switch/variable on the client

tylerab01
September 11th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Nice seeing you back Alexandre, I am glad to see that you are working on this project again and I will be keeping an eye on this for sure!

Tayuya of the Sound Four
September 12th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Oh My Gosh you have no idea how wonderful this is to me. I've spent countless days trying to take apart old Pokemon Essentials Online to adapt it with my game and now my hours off work...don't really pay off but they're over at least! o u o. Anyway the real point of this post was to point out a few bugs I noticed while testing:
1. After a trade you are sent back to the login page as opposed to the Battle/Trade/Account page, which isn't bad in and of itself but you can't log back in once your sent to the login page. Nothing major, it can be fixed by leaving the login and then reconnecting to the server.
2. After a trade the game doesn't force a save (I'm going to look in to the code and see if I can't add that in myself) So if one person saves and the other person doesn't the pokemon is cloned and not traded. Again nothing big just pointing it out.

orcywoo6
September 19th, 2013, 05:55 AM
I must say great work on your system, unfortunately I can't seem to get the mysql server working though. I get an error along the lines of 'Table storage engine for '' doesn't have this option' and if I try to run main.rb it appears and disappears in a split second.

Alexandre
September 19th, 2013, 06:19 AM
I must say great work on your system, unfortunately I can't seem to get the mysql server working though. I get an error along the lines of 'Table storage engine for '' doesn't have this option' and if I try to run main.rb it appears and disappears in a split second.
That error is normal when importing the database, not quite sure what causes it. Are you sure you entered the correct details for the MySQL server in main.rb?

orcywoo6
September 19th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Hmm, positive the details are correct, followed the guide to the letter.

Alexandre
September 19th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Hmm, positive the details are correct, followed the guide to the letter.
And you're perfectly able to connect with HeidiSQL or another database manager?

orcywoo6
September 19th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Yeah it lets me put the details in and execute the database and etc.

Alexandre
September 25th, 2013, 06:40 PM
For the few people following this, I'm sorry for the lack of updates recently. I just started university again and I'm busy with some other commitments. I don't have anything to release apart from some bug fixes which don't warrant a new beta. Please do keep submitting feature requests and bug reports, I will get to them eventually.

zingzags
September 26th, 2013, 08:43 AM
For the few people following this, I'm sorry for the lack of updates recently. I just started university again and I'm busy with some other commitments. I don't have anything to release apart from some bug fixes which don't warrant a new beta. Please do keep submitting feature requests and bug reports, I will get to them eventually.

I feel you, I am working on a MapleStory project in a different forum and I cannot update as quick as I want to because of school.

khkramer
September 27th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Are savegames stored in the mysql database like rmx-os or are they stored locally?

Alexandre
September 27th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Are savegames stored in the mysql database like rmx-os or are they stored locally?
Locally stored. I was thinking of storing them on the server but that would force people to be connected to the internet to play. I guess I could have it so you can upload and download your save to the server.

ShadowFiendZX
September 27th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Would there be a way to have all these files off a website so I wouldn't need to use my computer? There's several reasons why I can't use my computer, My dad wouldn't even consider letting me port forward, he frequently shuts off the wifi, executing the SQL in HeidiSQL gave several errors, and after running Main.rb it crashed in like 5 seconds.

I followed the instructions word for word.

Alexandre
September 27th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Would there be a way to have all these files off a website so I wouldn't need to use my computer? There's several reasons why I can't use my computer, My dad wouldn't even consider letting me port forward, he frequently shuts off the wifi, executing the SQL in HeidiSQL gave several errors, and after running Main.rb it crashed in like 5 seconds.

I followed the instructions word for word.
Please let me know which errors appeared so I can help you.

ShadowFiendZX
September 27th, 2013, 01:58 PM
It does this every time I press the blue play button.

I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen, or if anything happens after that, but I press Ok, and nothing happens, and pressing the blue button again ends with the same result.

Not knowing if the above was supposed to happen, I tried Main.rb and it shows this, then closes after a few seconds.

Alexandre
September 27th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Those warnings are normal, not sure what is causing them.

The server isnt starting because it can't connect to the SMTP server. Make sure your SMTP settings are correct.

And with regard to hosting the server online, it is very possible to do. I can host one for you if you like and give you the IP and port for you to put in your client. I can't do that now though, I'm very busy.

ShadowFiendZX
September 28th, 2013, 11:08 AM
I opened Main.rb again, and realized I typed my password wrong. lol sorry. I'm about to test it now on my game, although if you could still tell me how to host it on my website, that'd be great. Also, if it is possible to host this on a website, would it be possible for some sort of GTS, where you "upload" your pokemon for everyone to see, and you choose what you'd like in return for that pokemon? Thanks :)

I just battled myself by using 2 windows, and the two windows had 2 different things happening, I won on both screens...

Also, clicking "pokemon" opened bag, and clicking "bag" opened pokemon

rescuecp
September 28th, 2013, 01:16 PM
My server CMD stops at connecting to SMTP server and yet all my information is correct...Also how do you make it so when you launch your game it goes right away to a login/register window?

Alexandre
September 28th, 2013, 06:33 PM
I opened Main.rb again, and realized I typed my password wrong. lol sorry. I'm about to test it now on my game, although if you could still tell me how to host it on my website, that'd be great. Also, if it is possible to host this on a website, would it be possible for some sort of GTS, where you "upload" your pokemon for everyone to see, and you choose what you'd like in return for that pokemon? Thanks :)

I just battled myself by using 2 windows, and the two windows had 2 different things happening, I won on both screens...

Also, clicking "pokemon" opened bag, and clicking "bag" opened pokemon
This happens when you battle yourself and you have the same pokemon against each other. The battle system can't tell which is which because there is no unique identifier for them.

ShadowFiendZX
September 29th, 2013, 06:09 AM
This happens when you battle yourself and you have the same pokemon against each other. The battle system can't tell which is which because there is no unique identifier for them.

I tried again with two different saves that had different players and different pokemon, and it worked this time, the "bag" button opens the pokemon screen, and the "pokemon" button opens the bag screen.

I did however get this error on the loser's screen

---------------------------
Pokémon Combustion
Exception: NameError

Message: uninitialized constant PokeBattle_OnlineBattle::ONLINEGAINMONEY

PokeBattle_OnlineBattle(PEO):3168:in `pbEndOfBattle'

PokeBattle_OnlineBattle(PEO):2155:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_OnlineBattle(PEO):1940:in `pbStartBattle'

Connect/Register/Login(PEO):468:in `start_battle'

Connect/Register/Login(PEO):448:in `check_battle'

Connect/Register/Login(PEO):82:in `handle'

Connect/Register/Login(PEO):62:in `update'

Connect/Register/Login(PEO):45:in `main'

Connect/Register/Login(PEO):43:in `loop'

Connect/Register/Login(PEO):50:in `main'

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Also, I beat the player on the left, and then it still asked what I wanted to do, even though there was no target, then I attacked, it said there was no target, then I lost on the left screen, and got the same error.

Some things I noticed are:

When you press X, it exits out of the server menu and when you try to log back in, it says the account is already logged into.

There is no saving before logging in, after trading, or after battling, which could result in multiplication of pokemon, although I'm sure it's a simple fix.

The music isn't battle music, it's the music of whatever building you're in.

To battle or trade, you had to type the other person's name on both screens, there was no popup sending a request, only one saying you accepted eachother's requests.

Since I was in debug mode I could hold ctrl and press "run" and treat it as a win, therefor both screens were wins.

It logs you out after a trade, then when you try to relog it says you're already logged in.

I've got some suggestions as well:

Adding a configurable music for the server menu
Maybe making it have more than one scene for pokecenter second floor use(Although this is just aesthetics and isn't really necessary)
A GTS
Battle music
Popups for trade and battle requests, or like an inbox system to keep track of them
A configurable music for trades
Make it keep your login after a trade
Pressing X on the main screen logs you out
some sort of wifi plaza http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wi-Fi_Plaza
Double battles between 2 people
double battles between 4 people
Forced signout when game crashes/ person quits
Maybe some sort of pal pad to have a list of your friends and be able to look at their trainer card, along with the recording, if they added one.
The ability to specify your location (Country, City, State)
The ability to trade triple triad cards
Dream World Features http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Dream_World
Underground features http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/The_Underground
The ability to save your username and password to local variables so you don't need to constantly log in after quitting the game.
Multiple game support, IE if someone were to make two separate games that would be able to connect, but would have different player sprites.
An online pokemon storage system. (Separate from GTS)
Some sort of player vs player Duel (http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Mini-games#Duel)

Other than those things, your scripts are amazing.
Thank you for this amazing multiplayer system :t192:

ShadowFiendZX
October 3rd, 2013, 04:56 PM
I found some ways to fix the music, and the battle menu.
There was probably a better way to do this, but I barely know any Ruby

in Pokebattle_Onlinebattle change:
elsif cmd==1 # Bag
to
elsif cmd==2 # Bag
it was line 2224 for me

also in Pokebattle_Onlinebattle change:
elsif cmd==2 # Pokémon
to
elsif cmd==1 # Pokémon
it's line 2236 for me

in Connect/Register/Login change:
else
Kernel.pbMessage("Connection Successful.")
registerorlogin

to
else
Kernel.pbMessage("Connection Successful.")
pbBGMStop()
pbBGMPlay("#AUDIOFILE#")
registerorlogin
where "#AUDIOFILE#" is the name of the audio file in your BGM folder that you want to play in the background of the Online menu

change
elsif result == 4
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("The user #{player} has accepted your battle request."))
deserialized = Marshal.load(opponent.unpack("m")[0])
return start_battle(deserialized)

to
elsif result == 4
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("The user #{player} has accepted your battle request."))
deserialized = Marshal.load(opponent.unpack("m")[0])
pbBGMStop()
pbBGMPlay("#AUDIOFILE#")
return start_battle(deserialized)
where "#AUDIOFILE#" is the name of the audio file in the BGM folder that will play during the battle

change

if decision==1
Kernel.pbMessage("You won the battle")
else
Kernel.pbMessage("You lost the battle")

to
if decision==1
Kernel.pbMessage("You won the battle")
pbBGMStop()
pbBGMPlay("#AUDIOFILE#")
else
Kernel.pbMessage("You lost the battle")
pbBGMStop()
pbBGMPlay("#AUDIOFILE#")
Where ("#AUDIOFILE#") is the name of the audio file in the BGM folder that you had chosen earlier for playing in the Online menu.

It's not perfect, I looked around a bit, and couldn't find any code that would remember the song that was playing in the map you were originally in as well as the spot in the song it was at, or a script that would start that song after closing the menu, if anyone does know of a way to do that in code, please let me know.

I tried making music play during the trades but putting code in both "Trade" and "PokemonTrading"did not work.

Anyways, I'd like to thank Alexandre again for his Online scripts :)
Happy programming y'all

ShadowFiendZX
October 4th, 2013, 05:06 PM
I finally convinced my dad to port forward, and since he's been working with computers and stuff for most his life, he knows what he's doing when it comes to ports and servers. Some security thing isn't allowing anything to connect to our router, we checked and it said connection was refused, and he says there is no way to fix it. Is it possible to have the server run off pf a webhost or something? If so, could someone tell me how? Otherwise I might not be able to make this work for me, which would be a shame, as I really like this feature.
Thanks in advance :)

ShadowFiendZX
October 6th, 2013, 11:41 AM
In Pokebattle_Onlinebattle change:
##### LOSE, DRAW #####
when 2, 5
if @internalbattle
pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} is out of usable Pokémon!",self.pbPlayer.name))
if ONLINEGAINMONEY == true
moneylost=pbMaxLevel(@party1)
multiplier=[8,16,24,36,48,60,80,100,120]
moneylost*=multiplier[[multiplier.length-1,self.pbPlayer.numbadges].min]
moneylost=self.pbPlayer.money if moneylost>self.pbPlayer.money
moneylost=0 if $game_switches[NO_MONEY_LOSS]
self.pbPlayer.money-=moneylost

to:
##### LOSE, DRAW #####
when 2, 5
if @internalbattle
pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} is out of usable Pokémon!",self.pbPlayer.name))
if Options::ONLINEGAINMONEY == true
moneylost=pbMaxLevel(@party1)
multiplier=[8,16,24,36,48,60,80,100,120]
moneylost*=multiplier[[multiplier.length-1,self.pbPlayer.numbadges].min]
moneylost=self.pbPlayer.money if moneylost>self.pbPlayer.money
moneylost=0 if Options::ONLINEGAINMONEY == false ##if $game_switches[NO_MONEY_LOSS]
self.pbPlayer.money-=moneylost

Also, I have to comments. When you have more than one pokemon, and one faints so you have to switch another pokemon in, this happens:
The screen on the left is stuck like that, and the screen on the right gets to choose a move, but can't attack. The Charizard is the pokemon that I switched in after having my Wartortle faint. It was damaged by hail. After turning off the server the left screen unfroze, continued the battle for a few seconds, then crashed because the server was off.
And I had a battle with
lvl 5 Abra vs lvl 100 Abomasnow
and obviously Abomasnow won, the screen with Abra lost $40 and the Abomasnow won $300

Peaverin
October 30th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Thanks ShadowFiendZX for some bug fixes.
By the way, Alexandre, will you release a stable version of this?
I was thinking about adding it to my game but it's got some bugs.

Alexandre
October 30th, 2013, 04:40 PM
When I have the time to work on opensource stuff I will be doing some bug fixes. The system has been used extensively in Pokemon Zeta and Omicron which is currently in beta testing with thousands of players. The server is resilient but there are some client side bugs in trading and battling which need to be fixed. 90% of the time a trade goes through without a hitch but battles always crash for the losing player (I know why though). It's just a matter of me finding a week where I can sit down and get back into the pure Ruby mood, I've been spending a lot of time over the past 2 months doing commerical Ruby on Rails stuff.

Peaverin
November 2nd, 2013, 08:26 AM
When I have the time to work on opensource stuff I will be doing some bug fixes. The system has been used extensively in Pokemon Zeta and Omicron which is currently in beta testing with thousands of players. The server is resilient but there are some client side bugs in trading and battling which need to be fixed. 90% of the time a trade goes through without a hitch but battles always crash for the losing player (I know why though). It's just a matter of me finding a week where I can sit down and get back into the pure Ruby mood, I've been spending a lot of time over the past 2 months doing commerical Ruby on Rails stuff.
It's nice to hear that.
I'll be waiting for updates then :)

p.claydon
November 16th, 2013, 01:18 PM
not sure what i could be doing wrong installed everything and used same options as mentioned in the set up guide but when use the event to connect to the server the main.rb crashes and closes

any suggestions on a solution

Alexandre
November 16th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Open a command window, type in ruby and then drag the main.rb file onto the terminal window and hit enter. What is the last thing that gets outputted before the program crashes?

Zeak6464
November 16th, 2013, 04:25 PM
I do have the PVP script that was in Pokemon Zeta but is there a way to add it in ??
https://hotfile.com/dl/255368395/f3d7879/PVP.txt.html

p.claydon
November 17th, 2013, 02:58 PM
something about connecting to a sever then it crashes but now cant even get it to load up really have no clue whats going on here does it matter is im running windows 8.1?

Zeak6464
November 17th, 2013, 03:53 PM
something about connecting to a sever then it crashes but now cant even get it to load up really have no clue whats going on here does it matter is im running windows 8.1?

I can send you mine if you like ??
add me on skype Zeak6464

Lanyons
November 18th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Here's to hoping this is still alive :D

I will be making a game (more in the planning stages atm) but I have been trying to get a sense of what is do-able as I started making a Outline of what my game is supposed to be about and the features that it will have.

p.claydon
November 18th, 2013, 11:55 AM
I can send you mine if you like ??
add me on skype Zeak6464

ive added you and yh id like to try yours if that is ok

Zeak6464
November 18th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Here's to hoping this is still alive :D
I will be making a game (more in the planning stages atm) but I have been trying to get a sense of what is do-able as I started making a Outline of what my game is supposed to be about and the features that it will have.

yeah it's still alive but right now were waiting for PVP , to get done ...

Alexandre
November 18th, 2013, 06:12 PM
What are you guys on about? There is some severe confusion going on in this thread (and to be honest, this entire forum).

The system used in Zeta and Omicron is my system. I have no idea what you're doing posting scripts from Zeta/Omicron here claiming they're different and then asking me how you integrate it.

PVP is also working and integrated, I don't know why you're saying you're waiting on it. Following the fixes listed by a member in this thread will fix any errors that occur.

Seriously, if some of the members on this forum would just open their eyes, they would realise the answers to their questions are staring right back at them.

Zeak6464
November 20th, 2013, 12:30 PM
What are you guys on about? There is some severe confusion going on in this thread (and to be honest, this entire forum).

The system used in Zeta and Omicron is my system. I have no idea what you're doing posting scripts from Zeta/Omicron here claiming they're different and then asking me how you integrate it.

PVP is also working and integrated, I don't know why you're saying you're waiting on it. Following the fixes listed by a member in this thread will fix any errors that occur.

Seriously, if some of the members on this forum would just open their eyes, they would realise the answers to their questions are staring right back at them.

So were is this PVP then ??
I mean seriously link to it ??

ShadowFiendZX
November 20th, 2013, 12:58 PM
So were is this PVP then ??
I mean seriously link to it ??

The "PVP" is in the code, if you install the scripts into the game as directed, set up the server with MySQL, then in an event add a script saying
$scene=Connect.new
It will enable you to Login,Register, or cancel.
After Registering and Logging in you may either logout, trade with another person SIGNED ON IN YOUR SERVER, or battle another person SIGNED ON IN YOUR SERVER If you had read the explanation or looked around the code you would know this. There are a few bugs in the system, I fixed one or two of them, and he has them fixed for whenever he decides to update it.
No links required. It's all in the download that's on the first post.
It was all provided, all you had to do was look and learn.

Zeak6464
November 20th, 2013, 03:30 PM
The "PVP" is in the code, if you install the scripts into the game as directed, set up the server with MySQL, then in an event add a script saying
$scene=Connect.newIt will enable you to Login,Register, or cancel.
After Registering and Logging in you may either logout, trade with another person SIGNED ON IN YOUR SERVER, or battle another person SIGNED ON IN YOUR SERVER If you had read the explanation or looked around the code you would know this. There are a few bugs in the system, I fixed one or two of them, and he has them fixed for whenever he decides to update it.
No links required. It's all in the download that's on the first post.
It was all provided, all you had to do was look and learn.

Thank you very much !

akane159
November 22nd, 2013, 09:06 PM
I need your help, I followed the guide, but does not connect, here I leave images, please help me I really want to connect, thanks :)

i.imgur.com/ Mil6PKv.jpg

i.imgur.com/ 4rPh5MC.jpg

i.imgur.com/ QBTyo9N.jpg

(the link has blank spaces, delete the spaces)

Alexandre
November 22nd, 2013, 11:57 PM
Please post bigger images, I can't see anything.

ShadowFiendZX
November 23rd, 2013, 10:10 AM
I need your help, I followed the guide, but does not connect, here I leave images, please help me I really want to connect, thanks :)

i.imgur.com/Mil6PKv.jpg

i.imgur.com/4rPh5MC.jpg

i.imgur.com/QBTyo9N.jpg

I'm pretty sure you need to enter things into "GMAILUSER" "GMAILPASS" and "GAMENAME"

Did you port forward and set the Options' IP to the IP to connect to your port? It's originally set to "127.0.0.1" which is localhost only.
http://i.imgur.com/sQqQgEI.png

That's the only thing that works for me, because port forwarding did nothing, both me and my friend tried it, and it said the server was off.
Also, you have to press the "C" key to connect, it says "Connecting to server" then you press C and it says something else.

conejo
January 6th, 2014, 12:42 AM
when I run the pvpserver, this close automatically.. like this: start. . . . finish..

my english is bad :S

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1497687_613159288732436_1795305087_n.png.

- - - Updated - - -

I think is problem with smtp server.. you can delete this?

Alexandre
January 6th, 2014, 07:05 AM
The server won't work without giving a valid SMTP account. This is on purpose as your users would have a poor experience if they can't recover their password. Just set up a GMail or live account or something.

conejo
January 6th, 2014, 08:17 AM
The server won't work without giving a valid SMTP account. This is on purpose as your users would have a poor experience if they can't recover their password. Just set up a GMail or live account or something.

where I put the gmail account?

ShadowFiendZX
January 6th, 2014, 11:57 AM
where I put the gmail account?

You go to gmail.com
then make an account
then in Main.rb
GMAILUSER = "[email protected]"
GMAILPASS = "YourPasswordHere"

conejo
January 6th, 2014, 04:37 PM
You go to gmail.com
then make an account
then in Main.rb
GMAILUSER = "[email protected]"
GMAILPASS = "YourPasswordHere"

THANKS !! :) ...

PD: The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 25 characters.

dydd90
January 20th, 2014, 11:14 AM
This is fantastic i hope you can fixes some bugs and complete it...good luck :)

Daruda
January 22nd, 2014, 01:12 PM
If someone know how to port the server not on a computer but in the web, this would be really awesome.

Worldslayer608
January 31st, 2014, 12:03 PM

Alexandre, I might try to fire this up here and see what it is like for myself sometime in the next week.

If you have some free time, I would love to chat about the interface a bit with you. I can work on some designs if you want to hammer something out together. It will help take care of the graphics portion and maybe streamline this a bit more.

This is a topic I would like to cover a bit in the Podcast when I get to it, so hopefully it is not something you plan on never touching again :P

Alexandre
January 31st, 2014, 01:07 PM
Alexandre, I might try to fire this up here and see what it is like for myself sometime in the next week.

If you have some free time, I would love to chat about the interface a bit with you. I can work on some designs if you want to hammer something out together. It will help take care of the graphics portion and maybe streamline this a bit more.

This is a topic I would like to cover a bit in the Podcast when I get to it, so hopefully it is not something you plan on never touching again :P
Yeah sure sounds great. I must mention, though, that since its term time, I have a lot of work in both uni and other things so I might not have time to work on PE O again until the summer.

Zeak6464
January 6th, 2015, 10:00 PM
This system needs to be looked over again , i mean we have an online system we just need to make it better know so people can run it on a server and not just local this project has to worth to it. I know this will bump it but at least more people can see it now & maybe would like to help out on it ! I personally would love just to get player see other player on an actual server instead of LAN. Yes i have tried this on a server and it does work to a point... the battle stuff still needs fixing for the most part.
and it needs updated to essentials v13 or greater.