PDA

View Full Version : Signing into the world of Pokemon!

Nhadaly
September 10th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Hello, i was looking for a good Pokemon community where people of all ages discuss Pokemon and it seems like i found my home!

I used to play Pokemon when i was little but now i came back to it because of the major flops of the PC gaming industry including the failure of Rome 2 Total War.

I play all kinds of games, even eroges, turn-based strategy games, weird but good games like Sengoku Rance, etc...

I find Pokemon to be a lot of fun, the reason i wanted to join is because i have no friends that play Pokemon and most of the people that ive met consider Pokemon to be a childish game but i dont think so.

I am really hesitant to do this, but since i have no friends that play Pokemon i uploaded a single video on YouTube where i battle the 7th Gym Badge in Pokemon Emerald, it has been a day and it hasnt even gotten a single view and i am kind of sad that i cant share my Pokemon Expirience with the world, but i will continue uploading and i might do commentary videos in the future, i wont post a link unless i am allowed to however, i dont want to break any rules.

Another sad thing is that i dont have the money for a Nintendo DS or a Nintendo 3DS, so im forced into old Pokemon games from Gen 3 and downward, which are amazing games but dont have a lot of hours of gameplay unless you have friends to battle against, which i dont have.

I really want to play Pokemon with and against other people but i have no idea how to do so, and i frickin lack the cash to buy the latest Nintendo handheld consoles so i cant explore more worlds of Pokemon!

Anyway, i also watch Anime, stuff like Kimagure Orange Road, Fate/Stay Night, The World God Only Knows and other anime, too many to list in a single thread. :)

I hope i can find a way to play Pokemon with other people without the restriction of having to have IRL friends for it someday. :)

Peace!

Mimosa_song
September 10th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Welcome to PC Nhadaly! Glad to have you here. This is an awesome place to be I think, so you will enjoy it. Yeah I have that problem too finding people to play with or anything else I like. But you will find people here that would play with you. I hear that a lot people think it's dumb or a child game. Well I'm 24 and still like it. As other Anime,games, and movie things. People here will give you warm welcomes. Have fun here!

Also nice to meet you. :3

Nhadaly
September 10th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Welcome to PC Nhadaly! Glad to have you here. This is an awesome place to be I think, so you will enjoy it. Yeah I have that problem too finding people to play with or anything else I like. But you will find people here that would play with you. I hear that a lot people think it's dumb or a child game. Well I'm 24 and still like it. As other Anime,games, and movie things. People here will give you warm welcomes. Have fun here!

Also nice to meet you. :3

Question is, how do you play with other people online on handhelds? I have an Emulator but i doubt that you can play online with that.

Axeliira
September 10th, 2013, 10:44 AM
You'll totally find people of all ages that love Pokemon as much as you do. :D I'm 22 and I've been around Pokemon for like...15 years or so :D I'm still obsessed with it! You can't imagine how much excitement I have about the new games coming next month :D Pokemon is a fun franchise and it's always there for you whenever you need it.

You *can* share your Youtube channel on your signature, just so you know. It's a good place to advertise and gain some views for your videos. Just try to stick with your siggy for advertising though. ;)

Btw, welcome aboard! I know you will have a wonderful time here! You will love it here, as PC is a diverse community where you can enjoy a lot of the topics there, and many other interests! Not only we discuss Pokemon most of the time, but there's also other things you might be interested, like debates, technology, entertainment, and more. :)

See ya around, and read the rules while you're at it. ok! have fun <3

Mimosa_song
September 10th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Question is, how do you play with other people online on handhelds? I have an Emulator but i doubt that you can play online with that.

Well sorry to say I don't know. You can ask the Mods here for help with that. =/ I think their ways but I don't do much the battling on here yet. Been busy with other things. Sorry I can't be much help.

Axeliira
September 10th, 2013, 10:49 AM

look for your friend code on your game. If you have the Pal Pad, go to that and it should say "<yourname>'s Friend Code or Pal Pad Number". That should display your friend code. Be sure you are connected to Nintendo Wifi when doing this.

I don't think you can connect via emulator though.

Nhadaly
September 10th, 2013, 10:52 AM
look for your friend code on your game. If you have the Pal Pad, go to that and it should say "<yourname>'s Friend Code or Pal Pad Number". That should display your friend code. Be sure you are connected to Nintendo Wifi when doing this.

I don't think you can connect via emulator though.

I dont know any of that stuff so... yeah, once i get a DS or a 3DS ill look into it though, i have no idea whats the Nintendo Wifi either, i thought id just need an internet connection and some kind of cable and the game itself would matchmake me against other people.

Axeliira
September 10th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Yeah, it'd be easier for you to understand if you had an actual DS/3DS. xD Nintendo WiFi is the same thing as connecting to the internet, just that it's a "special way" to connect to their network using your network. :P It's basically fancy talk haha.

Oh and you don't need cables or anything like that. Everything is wireless. :D

Nhadaly
September 10th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Yeah, it'd be easier for you to understand if you had an actual DS/3DS. xD Nintendo WiFi is the same thing as connecting to the internet, just that it's a "special way" to connect to their network using your network. :P It's basically fancy talk haha.

Oh and you don't need cables or anything like that. Everything is wireless. :D

Very cool, now i want the handheld even more. :(