• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] Ash's father?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
Do you know an interesting theory i have?

Red is Ash`s father!

Just analyse:

-On chapter 002, Ash`s mother say that his father is a skilled Pokemon trainer and e is in a journey.

-Red was born on Pallet Town.

By several years Nintendo camouflaged this nicely..

But made a mistake..

When, from nothing, announced Pokemon Origins spin-off anime..

Why Nintendo made a Pokemon anime version just for Red, if it forgot him for so long time? And why so suddenly?

I believe that is doing that to prepare world for revelation of this so bombastic secret.

A guy that works on anime production said that Ash`s father is alive and will be revealed when Ash get more mature..

Who is better than Red for that?

What do you think about this my theory? Lets discuss about that! ^^

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
This is almost as ridiculous as the "Professor Oak is Ash's father" theory.

As Ash493 said, the manga, animé, & games are separate entities, & linking any of those together in any way is not going to make a lot of sense. Thus, the "Red is Ash's father" theory also doesn't make sense.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Aw can't y'all have fun with some crack theories? I like Oak being Ash's dad. Or at least the father-figure of his young life because ElderShipping. And Red being Ash's dad/Green being Gary's could have fit- we know Ash's dad is a vagabond trainer who knocked up Delia and left While I don't see Red doing that because he's a sweetie, it could have worked. Except the timelines don't match. Brock is at Pewter Gym when Red arrives and is probably about 17 or so. So you know, this is AU. Just as PokéSpe and the main anime are AU to the games.

Years
It doesn't add up. Does that mean that every single person that "Red" has met has not aged at all?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Nope !!!!
But I like to see Ash having ''Love & hate'' relationship with his father for not spending enough time with him in childhood and wish's become a pokemon master that Suppress him.
While Ash's father is a mysterious legendary Pokemon Master who left sign of his legend everywhere .

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Most plausible I think Sir. Aaron is related to ash, so theres some family. And I think Giovanni could be his dad. And Ash and Ho-oh is still an unknown bond.

But red? I don't think that lines up as others said. But we should face up and realize we'll probably never meet Ash's dad.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
A thing went round my corner of tumblr recently- a little blurb about a pre-PokéAni novel by Takeshi Shudo. [side notes 1 & 2]

So I mean his dad's just some dude. Who knows even. I feel like I'd like him to be revealed someday- like he went back to Pallet Town and got in touch with Delia and meet his son in a special or something. But from that it looks like... his dad isn't even a big deal to Ash lol.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I would love if Ash father reveal to be a Legendary Pokemon Master & Aura Guardian.

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
hmm no Okido/oak say he is old and buzy to keep hs\is shearch for pokemon, so gave 3 starter for 3kids... On the firts episodes of anime, Satoshi/Ash got there and don't last any pokemon for him, and going to the next city he meet a Jouna/Jenny that say he is the 4rth person from his city that passed there, so they are who picked the pokemons
Ash Isnt Red counterpart or parent

There was a man on the anime that apeared and had the same "scratches" on the cheeks like Ash does XDI don't remind when or where , but he looked kinda fraternally but don't let clean that was his father
but the anime is like a "spinoff" (Like the yellow version), the game show +/- the way of life of the japanese that is common in a family if the mom is a housewife, the dad work all day and don't have a close relationship with the son

Ok should be nice if it really a great history behind XD but this is the Idea I have fot they don't giving much attention on the father image there

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
May be Ash's father is Silver (Chronicle).
180px-Silver_SS018.png

There is a rumor about He knowing Ash.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Ho-oh. Of course, this is a joke, I'm sure Ash's father isn't Ho-oh, but it seems somewhat logical. My opinion is that Ash's father is just some character we won't ever meet--some man that looks exactly like Ash. Even though I'll always think it's Ho-oh, but that's a stupid belief. Yeah, his dad is just some dude.

Guest123_x1

No way is Red Ash's father-Red, as the main player character in the Generation I games and their remakes, is generally seen as the game counterpart to Ash from the anime (in Pokémon Red and Yellow, 'ASH' is one of the default names you can choose when you start a new game.)
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Who Ash's father really is is probably not for us to know.
(Then again, this isn't counting 'Pokémon: The Origin', since that's a whole 'nother story.)

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2013
Interesting theory OP. For a very long time it has been accepted that Red is Ash's Counterpart from the games. However it would make sense if he were his father because of how much they look a like.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Again, this brings the question: When will the creators of the series decide he is "mature" enough to meet his father? It brings up thw hole timeline and Ash's age again, And the possible encounter of supporting characters and traveling companions.

Back