• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Slooowpoooke...

Years
Hello everyone. I'm Revival, an 18 year old hag from the distant land of polar bears. (Nah, just Finland really. No polar bears here.)

Unlike many other Pokémon fans, I started playing only about four years ago. I was a fan of the anime as a kid, yes, but never got my hands on an actual Pokémon game before turning 14 and a half or something. The first Pokémon game I've played was Ruby. After that I've gotten many other games, and now own Red, Blue, Yellow, Ruby, Sapphire, Firered, Leafgreen, Platinum, SoulSilver, HeartGold, Black, White and X. I like to take my time playing though, so I'll have to admit that I haven't beaten even a half of all those yet.

My main interests in the games are collecting and raising Pokémon. I'm also planning to get into battling with other players more after I've familiarized myself with IV breeding.

As a person I am rather shy and quiet. Because of this I may seem a bit antisocial and/or boring to some. If I was a Pokémon, I would probably be a Slowpoke.

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
Years
:) welcome Revival!

Too bad you didn't play the games in its early stage, those were epic :) (I Know, I am being nostalgic again, but it is true!)

For battling, you should visit the Battle Center. Lots of people there who want to fight with you!
as for trading, the Trade Corner is the place to be. I don't think there is a pokémon that hasn't been traded or asked for already, it's really stuffed with people in there!

Well, I hope to see your name often in the future, and I hope you will enjoy the time you spend here :)!
If you ever need help, as you've noticed there are lots of helpful people who will help you out anytime ^^

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Hi Revival and welcome aboard!
I think it doesn't matter if you played only since 4 years ago, since what matters is that we both like Pokemon. Btw, why not check the Trade Corner like mr.Alpha have just mentioned? I think you can collect more Pokemon easily this way, and the best is that you're trading with any PC members!

And don't worry if you're shy and quiet or antisocial, I'm sure that you can become more open once you started to stay and talk to any of us. I've been there. I hope you enjoy your stay, and I hope you can be active.

Years
Heya Revival, welcome to the world of PC!

I've seen quite a few members from Finland here, although the only one I regularly talked with hasn't been active for two years now or something. I was also kinda surprised your username wasn't taken yet, I often think of that every time I see a common word as a username. But yeah, I'm surprised that even though you started getting into Pokemon quite recently compared to most other members here, you managed to find time to play almost every generation out there.

Alpha has shown you around the Trade Corner and Battle Center sections, which have been booming with activity lately as a result of the new generation. We have a Pokemon Showdown server if you're interested in battling and chatting with fellow PC members. I happen to be among the regulars so feel free to pop by anytime! Also, do have an awesome time here at PC, the staff as well as older members such as myself are always happy to answer any questions you have. I'll be looking forward to talking to you, and I'll be seeing ya around the community!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
Years
Finland! I really want to visit your country one day :) . Don't suppose you know of Children of Bodom? Good band :) . Anyways, welcome! :)

Also, hello Hikari10 ! Haven't heard from you in a bit

Years
Thanks for the advice everyone. :) I'll try to be active and talk with the people here.

And bradenm, I do know of Children of Bodom. I don't listen to them myself though. (Not really my kind of music.) But yeah, cool. ;)

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
welcome to pokecommunity and most certainly the world of pokemons! i recommend playing from early generations then move up 1 generation at a time to fully enjoy the game :)

again, welcome :)

Years
Thanks Marionz. :) I've liked playing the games I own in whatever order I've felt like (still one at a time) so I probably don't need an another approach for that though. But I appreciate your recommendation.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
I almost wish I hadn't beaten all those Pokemon games. Then I could go back and be happy and surprised at the ending!

Good to meet you, and welcome.

Years
Aw, you wouldn't believe how shy I was at first.. but you'll grow out of that shell soon enough. This is a really chatty community and even the shy people settle in quickly (like myself, baha) so it's no problem at all. :3 Welcome, Revival!

Honestly though, taking your time in playing through Pokemon is pretty great and something I wish I could do better. It did take me 80 hours to reach the Elite Four in X, though, so I suppose that's a hefty bit, but those 80 hours were all gotten in under a week. The games are just so addicting so it's really hard for me to put them down after I've just gotten them. But Pokemon has a lot of replay value and lots to do post-game like collecting and battling so there's always a way to keep someone busy. (=

Hope you enjoy your time here, yes?! Be sure to read the rules if you haven't already and of course you can always let me know if you need some help. I'm always around to chat anytime, too.

Years
Thanks Batty and Cirno.

I got my X about a week after it was released and beat the Elite Four a couple of days ago. Took me about 130 hours of play time, probably because I spent a lot of time super training, collecting clothes and doing stuff in pokemon amie. Not that I wouldn't have taken more than 80 hours even without all the new features. I love to take my time exploring every single route and town very thoroughly.

And yup. I've read the rules. Alright, good to know. :)

Back