PDA

View Full Version : Wake me up when September ends...[[Based on the song by Green Day]]

Sorano
February 23rd, 2005, 06:28 PM
Well, Wake me up when September ends is one of my favourite songs. ^__________^ It really inspires me. =3 I decided to write a poem based on it. XD; Its not much, and the words arent really changed that much, but I am not really good at writing poems. XD; So...

Summer has come and passed, The innocent can never last. Like my father's come to pass, Seven years has gone so fast. Here comes the rain again, Falling from the stars. Drenched in my pain again, Becoming who we are. As my memory rests, But never forgets what I lost. Wake me up when September ends...

Ring out the bells again, Just as we did when spring began. Wake me up when September ends...Like my fathers come to pass, Twenty years has gone so fast. Dont take that risk, Life goes by too quick. Just take a moment and realise That terrible feeling that still lingers in my eyes. Wake me up when September ends...

Here comes the rain again, Falling from the stars. Drenched in my pain again, Becoming who we are. Like my fathers come to pass, Thirty years has gone so fast. Wake me up when September ends...

Ish...it sucks BIG time. XD! I really need to work on my poetry. XP I mixed words up in the last paragraph, and added a few words to the second. XD They are really weird, since I couldnt really think of anything good. ._. *blankness* This is practically my first poem though, besides those ones I write at school, so I wont go so hard on myself yet. XD;

~Karli

jasonresno
February 23rd, 2005, 07:17 PM
Uhm...that is the exact song lol ^,^, its one of my favs.

Thomas
February 23rd, 2005, 07:21 PM
Well all you did was add like 4 lines to the song...well I give the part you actually wrote a 5/10...it was ok

Lady Pearl
February 23rd, 2005, 07:23 PM
Awws, Karli has decided to write up her first-made poem! ^__^ I'm glad you are also a fan about Green Day. ^^;

I'm guessing your poem is about life's quick moments. Life flies by and seasons come and go. Stars fall and rain showers; every day is like the rest. You are just continuing your path but keeping in mind what you have achieved your previous years. You are just lingering there, wishing to know when the seasons shall end.

I do not think I have completely summed up your poem but this is just my point of view. ^^; This is quite excellent for your first home-made poem. I think you deserve some reputation points for the effort. ^___^

Shana
February 24th, 2005, 04:11 AM
I like how you changed it, Kar Kar. ^^ Nice job.

oni flygon
February 24th, 2005, 03:22 PM
The song is more of a depression anthem of the concept album when Whatsername left Jesus... and he's pondering on how wasted his life is now that he's doing drugs and stuff...

But yeah... you kinda added 4 lines... But I still like this song... ^^