PDA

View Full Version : Presenting the Motorola IM Free Personal Handheld Instant Messenger-The Perfect Gift!

Dizzy
December 17th, 2003, 02:28 PM
Is this the greatest Invention or what? Motorola has outsmarted companies with this revolutionary HANDHELD, Instant Messenger. Now you can Chat with up to 6 Buddies of whom you can choose from on this machine. Never tie up the Computer again, with this you can chat in anywhere of your house, while at the same time, your other family members can use the PC do to anything. Try this out and see what you guys think remember its Christmas time, It makes the perfect Gift, so if you want it Tell Santa to get it for you!

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00008YGAX.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Tell me thats not cool :)

Dizzy

P.S. I have the Personal IM, Its really cool.!

Cherrim
December 17th, 2003, 02:34 PM
I think it would be cool if you could use it in places other than your own home. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need to be within a certain range of a computer in order to use it?

o.o My phone has IMing capabilities, but it's $0.02/page to use AIM. @_@

Arwen
December 17th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Well, it's good if you travel, but you should get a Pocket PC Phone Edition or a Smartphone if you want to listen to music and surf the internet.

Dizzy
December 17th, 2003, 02:57 PM
T-Mobile's Sidekick traveling capabilities ( my cousin has it ) but unfortunately this doesnt :( I wish it did.

Kairi
December 17th, 2003, 03:11 PM
I was about to bring up the sidekick ( http://www.t-mobile.com/products/overview.asp?phoneid=195184&class=pda), it looks a lot cooler. Not that Im ever away from my computer to need it, but it still looks cool.

Arwen
December 17th, 2003, 03:19 PM
That is big and it doesn't fit in your pocket. If you can dish out more money, get a Pocket PC Phone Edition. (I personally can't because I don't have any personal money to own a PDA Phone and service subscription.

(it's actally 200 dollars more... though...)

http://www.t-mobile.com/products/overview.asp?phoneid=166765&class=pda

punkie90
December 17th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Hmm. SO does that mptorola thingy costs money every month???

Dizzy
December 17th, 2003, 04:47 PM
No monthly fees and works through the USB port in your computer, Works for Dial-up, Cable, Broadband, and other Internet connections.

Arwen
December 17th, 2003, 04:52 PM
No monthly fees and works through the USB port in your computer, Works for Dial-up, Cable, Broadband, and other Internet connections.
The PDA does the same thing, but you have to use sync software.... -_-... ^_^

punkie90
December 17th, 2003, 04:54 PM
How much does this thing costs. This motorola thing?

Arwen
December 17th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Well, I think it costs 150-200 US dollars... but I rather buy a Pocket PC instead because it can do the same thing and I can take it to school and write notes on it. ^_^...

What a useful tool... a PDA starts at 199 US Dollars... but don't buy a lowend palm...

Dizzy
December 17th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Actually its $99.99 Alyssa,You can find it at any Electronics store.

Arwen
December 17th, 2003, 05:03 PM
'_'.... 99.99 US Dollars.... I spent atleast 230 dollars for a Pocket PC... ^_^' Oh well...

punkie90
December 17th, 2003, 05:05 PM
What is a pocket pc? ANy good. Arn't they like a palm pilot?

Dizzy
December 17th, 2003, 05:06 PM
Lol,I was surprised too, when it first came out my cousin had it and it was like $199.99 now its $99.99

punkie90
December 17th, 2003, 05:14 PM
What is os great about it?

Miyu-chan
December 17th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Cool, is this for MSN? Or AIM? n_n Maybe i'll ask my Dad... Kekekeke...

punkie90
December 17th, 2003, 05:19 PM
I don't think i want it.. Is it wire less?

Dizzy
December 17th, 2003, 05:19 PM
Its for AIM only. What's so good about, you dont have to use your PC to IM people.

Arwen
December 17th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Well, A Pocket PC is one of these:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devices/deviceimages/63.jpg

It uses the moble verson of Windows, but it can't run Windows Desktop Programs. It supports MSN but you can download other messenging programs to it. ^_^

actally, it can also play music.... you just have to plug it in, make a connection, and you can get on the internet via PDA..

I'm no computer expert... -_-... *sighs*

Dizzy
December 17th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Pretty Cool Alyssa. The Sidekick is the best thing though lol.

Arwen
December 17th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Sidekick... Well, It's looks big for a cellphone... -_-'.... Well, it's only sposed to be used at home anyways, not on the go...

punkie90
December 18th, 2003, 03:38 PM
I know.And with the side kck it has to be plugged into the computer!

Arwen
December 18th, 2003, 03:47 PM
No, not excally, but it's not recommended for portable use like on the go.

Dizzy
December 18th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Sidekick is like a portable computer, you have to buy a phone and internet plan for it, otherwise its useless. And as a cell Phone owner, trust me plans and internet aren't cheap..

Arwen
December 18th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Well, Pocket PC Phone Edition allows you to use your own ISP connection without buying a Internet Plan. It doesn't support aol though.

Dizzy
December 18th, 2003, 03:55 PM
This machine requires Internet so you dont have to pay monthly fees like you would AOL or another internet service.

Arwen
December 18th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Well, a non-pocket PC Phone Edition can do that also, but it requires permission adjustment. -_-... and it needs to be pluged in the computer unless you have a CF Modem.

Dizzy
December 18th, 2003, 04:00 PM
This one doesnt, You just need to charge it. It recieves Waves from the Base-Station which is plugged into your UsB and keeps it constantly connected.

punkie90
December 19th, 2003, 07:04 AM
I wouldn't buythe side kick. I would just buy the pamls and stuff!

Dizzy
December 19th, 2003, 09:55 AM
I'm getting the sidekick as my next cell phone. Its made by Nokia and Ive had like 3 Nokias already. The Sidekick is pretty cool. I'd still get the IM Free machine.

punkie90
December 19th, 2003, 02:33 PM
I hate cell phones. I have had 2 nokia's. They are big wastes of money!!!

Arwen
December 19th, 2003, 02:57 PM
I have no cellphones... but if I buy one, I would get a smartphone instead a regular phone. >_>

Dizzy
December 19th, 2003, 03:35 PM
I love Cell Phones, Was yours a Trackfone Punkie? Or was it regular Service?

I love my cell phone, I now have two new ones, Motorola Nextel, and Cingular Nokia

punkie90
December 19th, 2003, 05:06 PM
One was a trackfone. and the other was cingular pre paid. But even if i had regular service! I don't have a job to pay for it!

Dizzy
December 19th, 2003, 05:38 PM
I pay for all my phones, the nextel costs more because of the Walkie Talkie...

Here is the T-Mobile Sidekick

http://www.t-mobile.com/images/products/195184/detail.jpg

Arwen
December 19th, 2003, 07:58 PM
*.*.... It looks like a laptop... but no big screen, harddrive, floppy, CD, modem, etc.

>_>

Alakazam
December 19th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Kids in India are starving and you're talking about wasting your money on something you don't even need? For shame! Maybe you should think of others and instead donate your money to out children who are less fortunate and don't have parents with the funds neccessary to even clothe and nurish them properly. Thank you.

Arwen
December 19th, 2003, 09:14 PM
Well, I only spend what I need.... I need a PDA prehaps to make a PDA verson of my website?

^_^... well, you got to be thankful... like food.... you are more forturnite(sp?)

Donate to the community is the best thing to do.

Edit: Well, the PDA which I am getting is going to be brought to school to take down notes, lectures, and mp3s... >_>

punkie90
December 20th, 2003, 07:12 AM
Kids in India are starving and you're talking about wasting your money on something you don't even need? For shame! Maybe you should think of others and instead donate your money to out children who are less fortunate and don't have parents with the funds neccessary to even clothe and nurish them properly. Thank you.

Dude , you are correct. That'a what I think also. Instead of having everthing in god's green earth.Donate some money. I have done it a few times. When your done doing it.... It feels so good!

Dizzy
December 21st, 2003, 02:18 PM
Okay Dont call me greedy or anything but a long time ago, my grandmothers family came to AMERICA starving and no one ever helped her. She, her husband, and 12 kids had to work for money and they got there, she became one of the richest people in my city with no help from anyone. How i spend my money is no ones business and thank you very much. My mother works hard enough to make the money never mind donate it to some fund that might not even use it for the poor starving kids in not only India but in africa, China and even America.

Thank you

punkie90
December 21st, 2003, 02:49 PM
Ok! Diz! Don't get mad! I was just saying... It makes me feel good to do that! But whateva! You may have different thoughts! So lets let that be for it self!

Wel, I'm not getting the motorola thinguy. I'm getting other stuff for my comp instead!

Arwen
December 21st, 2003, 06:10 PM
Ok! Diz! Don't get mad! I was just saying... It makes me feel good to do that! But whateva! You may have different thoughts! So lets let that be for it self!

Wel, I'm not getting the motorola thinguy. I'm getting other stuff for my comp instead! Well, by now, my computer costs alot of money in value. o.o

Dizzy
December 21st, 2003, 06:15 PM
What do you mean I shouldnt get mad??! well your right.. Okay Im sorry

punkie90
December 25th, 2003, 09:03 PM
hey, uhh. i'm getting a pda!!!