• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fanfic] The Young Solar Boy (Boktai fanfic)

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
This is a fanfic for the series Boktai (known as Bokura no Taiyou in Japan). It takes place before the events of the first game. (Let it be noted that I don't know all the details of the game, all I know is from enormous amounts of info from friends and my sister. So while my knolige is pretty great on the series, its not perfect. Just a headsup.)

A gift for a friend, this fic was intended to be cute. ^^ Enjoy.
(Note: this is most likely remaining a oneshot, meaning it will only have one chapter. But I may update with another chapter eventually. Just saying, don't expect another chapter for this fic too soon.)

Without further delay, the fic.

+_________________________+
It was a day much like any other in the city of San Miguel. The sun shined brightly down upon the city, the citizens going about their daily business, whatever that may be.

In a normal house in said city, a boy awoke. He rose into a sitting position and yawned, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He stood up and walked over to his window. The boy flung the curtains aside, flooding the room with the warm illumination of the sun's rays.

For most of the people of San Miguel, this was just an average day. But for this boy, the son of the vampire hunter Ringo, it was special. Today was his tenth birthday. Throughout his childhood, the boy had always asked his father how he defeated vampires, and how he purified them. His father, always patient with him, would reply, "I'll teach you some day when you're older" and leave it at that. But the boy's hopes never diminished and he eagerly hoped that today was the day he would learn from the master.

He changed out of his pajamas and hurried downstairs for breakfast. When he arrived in the kitchen, he became aware he was alone. Waiting on the table for him was a plate piled high with still-warm pancakes and some solar fruit on the side. The beige-haired boy decided he'd look for his parents after eating the kindly-prepared meal. Upon finishing, he noticed a note under his plate. He briefly wondered how he had missed that before reading it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Django,

Your mother and I went out. Your mom is out doing some shopping. I've gone out to do some hunting. Meet me at the edge of town in a couple hours.

Love

Dad and Mom.

P.S., don't forget to feed the cat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Django's pulse quickened with excitement. Could this finally be the day he learned his father's secret? He hurried to get his supplies and eagerly rushed out of the front door.

And then returned, gave the cat some food, then proceeded to run out of the door again.

*Several minutes later...*

The edge of town wasn't a very special place, at least not to Django. The landscape was dry and dusty, not exactly the most preferable location of San Miguel. Just as the note had instructed, the boy waited there for his father. He sat on the ground and crossed his legs, a smile on his face as he imagined what would happen. Questions of all sorts flooded through his mind; 'How does he do it?', 'where do his weapons come from and what are they?', and many more.

Soon, Django found himself being approached by a small cat. He scooped it into his lap and began stroking it behind its ears. The feline began pawing at his hands while purring loudly, seeming to demand a more energetic reaction from him. As he soon learned, it was a playful cat. Stroking led to the two playing, and not too long after, Django had placed the cat atop his head.

In the midst of his goofy behavior, the boy was entirely unaware of his father standing mere feet away. Ringo cleared his throat, the cat cleared several feet before landing on the dry earth, and Django had jumped to his feet before realizing what had just happened. He let out a nervous little laugh, and Ringo simply smiled.

"Come with me son, I've got something I'd like to show you." he said as he began walking away, glancing over his shoulder for the young boy. Django hurried after his father.

"Where are we going dad?" Django asked excitedly as he tried--and failed-- to tame his hair into a more controlled look.

"You'll see when we get there. Just follow me, I've got a surprise for you." was all to the other's reply.

So the two walked, one knowing exactly where he was going, the other tripping on a rock here and there. Over that time, the sky had become covered with light clouds just thick enough to block out the sun. In a matter of minutes, they reached their destination.

Said location seemed normal. Normal except for two large mirrors and two canons to accompany them. "Son," Ringo began.

"Huh?" Django looked at his dad.

"Welcome to the Pile Driver." Ringo announced proudly.

Ringo entered a lengthy description of how the thing worked and how to use it, while his son soaked up every bit of info he got, making sure to remember it for later.

"So is this the thing you use to purify vampires?" Django asked, a look of pure excitement on his ten-year-old face.

"That's right Django." Ringo answered, gazing out at the pile driver. Then he was silent. The two remained in silence for several minutes before Django spoke.

"Are we waiting for something?" he asked.

"Yes. You'll see in a few minutes." his father replied patiently.

Not too long later, Django's mother arrived, and she was directing something toward the pile driver with a weapon. Django saw to his surprise that his mother was directing a ghoul, a weak monster.

"Over this way Mani," Ringo gestured with an arm toward the pile driver.

"Alright," Mani replied, jabbing at the ghoul until it was at the specified spot.

"Okay Django, are you ready? I'm going to show you how to take out this ghoul." Ringo explained to his son. "As soon as those clouds clear up, I want you to go and power up the pile driver like I told you earlier, got it?"

"Got it!" Django replied, practically bursting with excitement at the thought of taking down anything with the pile driver.

Moments passed, the clouds cleared, and Django rushed at the pile driver. Ringo tossed Django something. He recognized it as the Gun Del Sol, the signature weapon of the solar children. "Hurry and use it Django!" Ringo called over.

Django powered up the pile driver, and realized the ghoul was getting away. He chased it down and fired a few shots at it to drive it back to the area. Finally, he set the canons off and the ghoul was caught right in the midst of the attack.

Django's parents dashed over to Django and praised him for a great job and hugged him, telling him how proud they were. "Who knows," Mani started, "you may just be better than your father some day."

"Really?" Django questioned, wondering if it was even possible to be better than his dad, the legendary vampire hunter.

"Hey, nobody's better than me," Ringo replied, half laughing. A playful nudge in the ribs from his lover continued his reply. "Okay, maybe some day you'll beat me." He said smiling, patting his son on the back.

"Cool!" Django cried out happily. The family began their trip back home where they would have lunch, rest, and celebrate the rest of their son's birthday.

Over the course of the day, Ringo told his son of his various journeys to slay vampires in epic battles of wit and skill. Django's eyes were constantly ablaze with interest and disbelief at his father's heroic tales.

Soon, all the presents had been unwrapped, the cake had been eaten, and the stories told. Django found himself lazily dozing off in the afternoon's sunlight outside the house. "He's going to make a great solar boy one of these days, don't you think?" Ringo said, his lover's hand in his.

"Definitely," Mani replied lovingly, watching her son fall asleep with a cat curled up on his chest on the ground. "He'll be learning from the best after all."

"That he will," Ringo responded, kissing Mani. "That he will."

Back