PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Pokemon Fantasy

EmeraldSky
February 26th, 2005, 07:15 PM
The Legend of Pokemon Fantasy

Episode 1: The Adventure Begins...

"Pika pi!" chirped a tiny mouse creature as it scurried about the messy bedroom, helping its owner clean up various toys, clothes and other items. "Pika?"

"Mom said that we need to have the room clean before May gets here, or we can't have our sleepover tonight." the creature's owner, a young boy with spiky black hair, explained as he gathered up dirty clothes and tossed them in the laundry hamper. "So I'd appriciate if you could check under the bed for any lost toys or games, Pikachu."

"Chu!" Pikachu replied as he skittered under his master's bed and began rustling underneath it.

"Ash? How's your room coming along?" a female voice called from the kitchen, which the boy recognized as the voice of his mom, Delia.

"Almost done!" Ash assured Delia as he finished organizing clothes. "Pikachu's helping!"

"Okay then...I'll come inspect it after I finish cleaning the kitchen." Delia called back. With that, Ash continued doing some last minute touch ups to his room, organizing his video games, comics, and CDs.

"Pikapika!" Pikachu emerged from under the bed with a pile of paper wads, some small pieces of plastic, and a few CDs.

Ash smiled as he walked over to the hat stand by his closet, grabbed a red cap with a green Poke Ball design on it, and placed it atop his head before kneeling down to inspect Pikachu's pile. "So THAT'S where my Rockin' Voices CD went!" he cried, setting a CD on top of the bed as he organized the pile. "I see you found a lot of Brock's guitar picks..." he continued as he set the tiny pieces of plastic aside next to the CD.

"You found some of my picks?" came a second male voice as a older boy in a brown work shirt entered the now clean room. "Oh good! I was wondering where all my good picks went!" he laughed as he scooped the pieces of plastic into his hands and pocketed them. "Thanks, Pikachu!"

"Pika pi, Pipika." Pikachu replied as Brock disappeared down the hallway into the bedroom he and Misty shared.

"I guess Brock's gone to go practice on his guitar." Ash sighed as he collapsed on his bed and listened to the sound of an acoustic guitar being tuned coming from the hallway.

"Pika?" Pikachu begged, offering the Rockin' Voices CD to Ash.

"Put the Rockin' Voices on?" Ash asked. "Okay..." and with that, hopped off his bed, carefully inserted the CD in his CD player, pressed PLAY, and struck a pose in the middle of the floor as a chorus of voices began to sing:

You know I love you...
I'll always love you.
Even though the tears are fallin',
From my eyes...
I still remember, baby, when,
Our love was so strong...

So go on, At this, the music and chorus picked up, and Ash began dancing to the beat. Pikachu stood nearby, banging a tambourine to the beat as he danced.
Go ahead and kiss him,
Go on and kiss him, goodbye!
Goodbye-bye-bye, goodbye, whoa, goodbye!

He doesn't love you, the way that I love you! Ash sang along to the CD as he jumped and twirled about his room
Cause if he did, he wouldn't go and break your heart!
He's only flirtin' baby, but my love, is so strong!

So go on, go ahead and kiss him, Ash continued to sing along and strum on an imaginary guitar.
Go on and kiss him goodbye!

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye! Ash proudly sang as he continued to "play" his air guitar, much to Pikachu's delight.

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!
Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!...

Just then, the CD player suddenly switched off, snapping Ash out of his rock star routine. Ash looked up to see a girl with flaming orange hair standing in the doorway. "What?"

"Ash, for one thing, you had it up too loud..." the girl began. "Secondly, you'd make a lousy rock star, and thirdly, shouldn't you be cleaning your room?"

"Aw, Misty..." Ash protested as he trudged back to his bed. "Can't I have a little fun? I finished cleaning my room ten minutes ago!"

"What's going on?" Delia asked as she entered the room with an armload of laundry.

"Ash was annoying me with his rock star routine!" Misty complained. "I couldn't read my book over the music!" With that, she stormed down the hall into the second bedroom and slammed the door.

Ash sighed. "Temper, temper, Misty..."

Delia just sighed as she placed the clean laundry in Ash's dresser. "If you're going to be listening to music, Ash, keep it down at a reasonable level, okay?"

"Okay..." Ash replied, stroking Pikachu's head all the while.

Delia, meanwhile, glanced at the cleaned room. "Well," she smiled. "You certainly know how to clean your room, unlike Misty and Brock...theirs looks like a tornado went through it every time I look at it..."

"Actually that's more like Misty's side of the room." Ash laughed. "Brock usually cleans his side, but for some strange reason, all his guitar picks wind up in my room!" He was about to say more. when Pikachu began frantically pointing out the window. "Pikapi! Pichuka pi! Pichuka pi!"

"May's here?" At this, Ash scrambled to the window and glanced outside. "Where?" he asked.

"Pika!" Pikachu hopped on the windowsill and pointed at a brown haired girl with a red shirt, black shorts, and a red and white Poke Ball print bandanna on her head coming up the path, a suitcase draped over one arm.

"Oh, that's your friend from Houen?" Delia asked, interested.

"Yeah! May traveled with me when I competed in the Houen League." Ash explained as he started for the door. "I'm going to go tell Brock and Misty that May's here!" With that, he took off down the hall.

"All right, I'll go let her in." and Delia walked off down the hall and down the stairs towards the door.

----------

"May!" Ash cried as he ran into the kitchen, where May was organizing her things. "It's good to see you!"

"It's good to see you too, Ash." May laughed as she and Ash embraced in a hug. "I came in on the Indigo Terminal in Viridian City and walked here..."

"Hiya, May!" Brock called as he strolled into the kitchen and grabbed a can of soda from the refrigerator. "How was the trip to Kanto?"

"Very nice!" May replied as she handed her bags to Ash. "I'm so glad the Magnet Train has extended service to Houen, and I was one of the first people to ride on it!"

"Wow!" Ash replied as he lead May up the stairs to his room, where a red and blue sleeping bag lay unrolled nearby Ash's bed. "You don't mind sleeping on the floor, do you?" he asked, gesturing to the sleeping bag.

"Of course not..." May replied, stretching out on top on the sleeping bag. "If I can sleep on the ground, I can sleep on the floor!" She rolled over and glanced at Ash's massive CD collection. "This is quite an array of CDs you have, and the Rockin' Vocals ones are always good..."

"I have their latest ready to play whenever you want." Ash assured May. "There's plenty of songs to play air guitar on..." He was about to say more when he saw Brock standing in the doorway with a piece of paper and a pencil. "Yeah?"

"Delia's ordering us pizza, and needs to know what kind you guys want." Brock explained. "Misty and I are having sausage and pepperoni..."

"Cheese!" May suggested.

"Oh, that new tropical pizza with the ham and pineapple looks good..." Ash suggested. Brock nodded, wrote down Ash's suggestion, and walked off down the stairs.

Just then, Misty walked in the room and sat down on the floor next to May. "Ash...I'm sorry I yelled at you for the air guitar thing earlier..."

"It's okay..." Ash replied as he reached for the TV remote and switched on the TV. "I was just having a little fun!"

"In fact..." and Misty ran over to Ash's desk and got comfortable. "Can you turn on that song you were playing with? It sounded cool!"

"Okay!" Ash hurried to his CD player, switched it on, and posed in the middle of the floor as the CD sang once again:

You know I love you...
I'll always love you.
Even though the tears are fallin',
From my eyes...
I still remember, baby, when,
Our love was so strong...
So go on, Ash sang, giving his imaginary strings a mighty strum.

Go ahead and kiss him,
Go on and kiss him, goodbye! Misty and Brock sang, Misty drumming her fingers on the desk as if it were a piano.

Goodbye-bye-bye, goodbye, whoa, goodbye! With this, Brock grabbed a pair of unsharpened pencils from Ash's desk and begin tapping on Ash's dresser as if it were a drum set.

He doesn't love you, the way that I love you! Ash led the singing, all the while continuing to "play" his air guitar.

Cause if he did, he wouldn't go and break your heart! Misty joined in.

He's only flirtin' baby, but my love, is so strong! Brock sang over his exuberant drumming.

So go on, go ahead and kiss him, May sang along, apparently enjoying the performance.
Go on and kiss him goodbye! everyone sang together.

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye! Ash sang.
Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye! the others echoed.
Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!...

He's never near you, to comfort and cheer you... May led the next verse, all the while banging a tambourine to the beat.
Even though the tears are fallin', fallin' from your eyes!

He might be thrillin' baby, but my love is ready and willin'! Brock continued.

So go on, go ahead and kiss him, everyone sang.
Go ahead and kiss him, oo...
Go ahead and kiss him, oo...
Go on and kiss him goodbye!
Goodbye, whoa goodbye...
Bye bye bye, goodbye, whoa goodbye bye bye

Na na na na na na, na na na na na na

Na na na na na na, na na na na na na...
Na na na na na na, na na na na na na

Na na na na na na, na na na na na na...

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye! everyone chorused.

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye, bye, bye!

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye, bye, bye! They were about to sing and "play" some more until Delia called "Guys! Pizza's here!"

"YAAAAAYYY!!!" Misty led the charge into the kitchen.

---------

After a while, Ash lay slumped on the floor before the TV; trying to stay awake enough to watch a weird, old movie Delia had promised the group they would like, but to Ash, he just found it weird and old. A yawn from the desk snapped his attention...it appeared Brock was getting bored with the movie as well. The girls lay in a corner, engrossed in a game of checkers. Ash turn to watch the game, where one of May's few black pieces was cornered by Misty's three red kings.

Finally, Brock reached for the remote and flicked off the VCR, returning the TV to cable programming. "So? Who wants to suggest something to do?"
"Monopoly?" Misty suggested, gesturing to the Monopoly box in the pile of board games.

"We've played that already, Misty." Ash protested. "If only Brock hadn't gotten a hotel on Illinois Avenue early on..."

"Trivial Pursuit?" May asked.

"Played that too." Brock sighed. "Ash is a pro at the arts questions...

"Bingo?"

"Played it."

"Scattergories?" May was getting desprate.

"Played that..." Misty sighed as she put the games away.

"Truth or Dare?"

"NO!!!!" Ash and Brock screamed at the same time. They both knew that the girls would either give them a hard Truth or an embarrassing Dare if they played that, like Ash tap dancing in his underwear or Brock having to dress up entirely in balloon Pokemon.

"Then what shall we do?" Misty sighed, bored.

"We forgot about this!" Brock smiled, holding up a Nintendo 64 controller to prove his point.

"VIDEO GAMES!!! YAAAAAY!!!" everyone cheered as they each grabbed a control.

"Dibs on the lead control!" Ash called as he swiped the first controller, a yellow one.. "I like these controls, they glow in the dark!"

"Oh...can we play your new game, Ash?" Misty begged as she took a magenta controller.

"Sure!" Ash reached for the top cartridge in the basket of games, a cartridge that depicted a bright white diamond surrounded by other gemstones. An omnious looking castle stood in the background, with the words "Shining Diamond: The Quest for the Elementals" written over the diamond in gold letters. "It's multiplayer, so all we have to do is create our characters and we can all play as one party!" he explained as he carefully inserted the game, turned the system on, and brought up the character creation screen. "I'm going to be a Knight!" he announced as he selected a picture of a boy in white armor with blue and green trim, complete with a white cape on its back. After confirming his selection, he named his Knight after himself. "All ready!" Ash smiled confidently as the knight version of himself appeared in the top slot of the Party screen.

"Ooh, the Ninja looks cool!" Misty cried as she selected a picture of a girl clad in magenta and black armor, with a magenta bandanna on its head, After naming the Ninja after herself, she smiled as her ninja self appeared under the knight.

"Hmm..." Brock cycled through the various pictures of male characters, looking each one over. "I'll go with the Archer, in case you need any long range attacks." he sighed as he selected a picture of a boy in a blue and green tunic. After creating his archer self, he turned to May. "What character are you gonna pick?" he asked May.

May cycled through the female characters for a moment, then stopped on the picture of a girl wearing a white hooded robe with magenta triangles on the edges and sleeves. "I like the mage, she's so pretty." She calmly typed her own name in as the character name...but no sooner had she pressed START to create her character, did her control start glowing. "What the..."
"I've never heard of a glow in the LIGHT controller!" Brock added, gesturing to his glowing blue controller. Before he could say any more, a bright flash of light flashed from the TV, taking Ash, Misty, Brock, and May with it.

----------

"Where...are...we..." Ash groaned as he glanced around the empty shed he had landed in. He warily glanced around the room, until he noticed a blue text box with the text "Where...are...we..." over his head. "Hey...Can we at least turn those annoying boxes off?" he asked. As if hearing his request, the blue box disappeared as magically as it had appeared. That light...we got taken into the game! he thought. His suspicions were confirmed when he looked at his clothing: white armor with blue and green swirls decorating the chest, To top it off, he was even wearing a white cape, just like a Shining Diamond Knight!

Thunk.... The sound of something hitting a target jerked Ash from his thoughts. Was that an arrow? He swallowed hard and opened the shed door, gasping at what he saw.

Brock stood out in a field, firing one arrow after another into a target. "About time you woke up!" he laughed. "Come join me out here!"

"Brock..." Ash looked up at his friend in surprise...Brock was wearing the exact same attire as a Shining Diamond Archer! "Are we....inside the world of Shining Diamond?"

Brock was about to answer when a female voice cried "Destruction of nature, gather in flame! Heat!"

"YIPE!" Ash showed Brock out of the way as a small fireball came flying in their direction, scorching a tree. "What was that?" His question was soon answered as a familiar figure clad in a white hooded robe with magenta accents ran towards him. "May?"

"What'cha thick?" May asked, proudly showing off the mages' robe to Ash. "When I landed, I saw I was dressed in a mage's robe, so I decided to try a spell...and it worked!"

"Watch were you aim next time!" Ash cautioned May. "That's three of us...now where's Misty?"

"HIIIII-YA!!!" cried a familiar voice. Before Ash could react, he was thrown to the ground by a familiar figure clad in magenta and black armor. "Gotcha!" Misty giggled, savoring the shocked look on Ash's face.

"Don't scare me like that!" Ash cried as he eased himself to his feet and brushed off his armor. "What we really need to do is find out how to get back to Pallet Town!" No sooner had he said this, did a white crystal shard appear in the sky. "Huh?"

Warriors, please hear my plea... a calm and soothing voice began. I am Daiya, spirit of the gem that guards this world...the evil wizard Katka has been growing in strength ever since he aquired the Dark Stone; and in doing so, shattered me and drained my power. In order to defeat Katka, find the other Elemental Jewels scattered across the land...when all eight are gathered together, I will be healed, and I will help you in the great battle...your first objective is the town of Amaril to the north...there you will learn more about your journey and the first Jewel, the Lightning Amber. Go now! I'll be waiting.... and with that, the shard floated away, leaving Ash and the others in the empty field.

Misty swallowed hard. "I guess we aren't going home anytime soon." she sighed.

To Be Continued...

dqle
February 26th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Mmmm.... Pokmon and video games. The two things I need to survive!

This is a great fanfic, EmeraldSky! I loved the way you portrayed imagery and the characters. It's fantastic. One of the best fanfics I've read in a while!

It took a while to get to the main part where Ash and friends get involved in a video game (like they haven't already!), but I managed to keep interest by admiring the detail.

Overall, I think it's a great fanfic. Keep it up, EmeraldSky.

*Just for fun and knowledge: Where's Max? (I find it hard for brother and sister to be seperate. Of course, it's your fanfic.) What color controler did Brock and May get? If they played a game that's new, how does everybody ('cept Ash) know how to use attacks and especially spells?

EmeraldSky
February 27th, 2005, 05:06 AM
I was originally going to include Max, but I couldn't think of a suitable class for him.

As for everyone knowing attacks, those are the starting attacks of their characters

Next: See Ash and co. get involved in their first battle!

ash_misty4ever
February 28th, 2005, 01:19 AM
At first, I thought that this was going to be an AAMAYL, so I was going to leave the thread, but I am glad I didn't! This is very good so far, and I can't wait until the next chapter is posted! YAH!

EmeraldSky
February 28th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Thank you so much!

Just because Misty and May are together doesn't always mean they'll be fighting over Ash...in this case they'll have to put up with each other.

Next: See what happens when Brock takes the Taunt command a bit TOO literally...

pikatravis
February 28th, 2005, 06:35 PM
This is really cool EmeraldSky I will keep reading it. It is very good.

EmeraldSky
February 28th, 2005, 06:57 PM
The second episode should release soon, I'm writing it now...it even has music embedded in it!

dqle
February 28th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Music?!

I hope it's small, considering I got dial-up!

And I don't quite think Misty and May would fight with each other with just about anything. This is according to the show, however. Remember when May met Misty for the first time? She seemed to idolized the experienced Gym Leader. I wouldn't call that hating.

Brock? Taunting??? Now that's something I gotta see!

EmeraldSky
February 28th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Party Status

Name: Ash
Level: 1
Class: Knight
Weapon: Royal Sword

Name: Misty
Class: Ninja
Weapon: Shuriken x99

Name: Brock
Class: Archer
Weapon: Oak Bow

Name: May
Class: Mage
Weapon: Bronze Dagger

Episode 2: Hit the Road (again...)

The group relaxed in the field, pondering their current situation: They had just been pulled inside Ash's new RPG, and their only chance of escaping the game world looked like traveling through the game itself as their on screen representations....and no one felt this reality more than Ash. He hadn't counted on his game gaining the ability to take its players inside its world...but at the same time, he wondered; Could defeating Katka take us back to Pallet? With this question in mind, he turned to face the others. "Okay, since Daiya told us to go to the town of Amaril, shouldn't we start heading that way?"

"Actually, I think it'd be a better idea if we found a place to learn more about this world, so we have a better idea of our quest." Brock suggested. "Besides, I think I saw a library when I landed in the field...."

"There IS a library!" May cried, pointing out a large building with a statue of a girl reading a book at the end of a path leading east.

"A marketplace is over that way..." Misty continued, pointing out an array of stalls and shops to the west.

"The south looks like more fields, and north leads out of town to Amaril." Brock concluded. "We don't have any gold pieces, so we can't go shopping yet...so the only place we can go here is the library."

"Aw...I wanted to go shopping..." Misty complained as she hurried to catch up with the others as they started down the east path towards the library.

-----------

"Welcome, travelers!" a young red haired girl in a pale yellowish dress called as Ash and the othered walked inside the library. "Do enjoy your stay!"

"We will." Ash assured the girl as he settled down at a large table, where various maps of the world were strewn out. May reached for a spell book and began reading it, and Misty grabbed a book about special techniques from a nearby shelf. Brock, however, had found a history book lying on a table, and was carefully paging through it, only pausing to glance at any pictures or maps inside.

After several hours, the library had cleared out, save for the group. Ash had finished studying the maps, and was about to rest his head on the table when he heard a 'Psst!' from another table. "Huh?"

"Over here..." Brock whispered, motioning for Ash to come closer. He waited until Misty and May had arrived, then showed the others his book. "According to this, each Elemental Jewel has its own spirit inside....they will grant gifts to those that manage to free them."

"What about the Lightning Amber?" May asked. "What's its name?"

"I'm getting to that..." Brock assured May. "When the Amber is found, its spirit, Kohaku, will grant a helpful spell to a mage she deems worthy."

May smiled. "Well, I'm done studying! Let's go!" With that, she practically dragged Ash and the others out the door and down the path to the north.

---------

Several hours later...

"Boy, some adventure!" Misty complained as the group trudged down the path. "You'd think we'd at least gained several levels by now, but I haven't seen a monster yet!" She was about to say more when she heard a low buzz overhead. "What was that?"

Ash turned to answer until he saw a fly--only several times larger than a typical house fly--land on the path in front of them. "I don't think you want to know what just landed in front of us, Misty...." he stammered, worried over Misty's probable reaction...this monster was a bug, after all.

"And why not?" Misty asked, turning to look down the path. As soon as she saw the fly, she gasped...

"Oh no...Misty's gonna scream! Cover your ears!" Brock yelped as he shielded his own ears for protection. Ash and May obediently covered their ears, anticipating the noise--they both knew Misty could make a powerful scream when confronted by a bug.

"EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!" Misty screeched in panic, and took off as fast as she could back down the path, dragging the others along with her. Before long, the group came to a screeching halt inside a shining white void, breathing heavily.

"Whew..." May wheezed, collapsing to the floor.

"I'm just glad to be away from that icky bug!" Misty announced as she straightened out her wrinkled bandanna.

"I'll say...the film's back that way." Brock noted, gesturing to a flickering light at the edge of the void.

Just then, Ash recognized the light as moving movie film. "Gee...Misty must've been running pretty fast to take us out of the film...so let's go back inside it!"

"As long as I don't have to see that bug!" Misty groaned as Ash leapt into the flickering light, putting the group back on the path, where the giant fly was waiting!

'I'll take care of it!" Ash drew his sword, ran up to the fly, and sliced into its stomach; killing it instantly!

Brock couldn't resist applauding Ash. "Nice move!"

"Thank you!" Ash sheathed his weapon and bowed for his friends, as if he had delivered the final line in a play.

"Wait..." May asked as she drew a few gold pieces from the fly's corpse into her hands. "Aren't we forgetting something...important?"

"Huh?" The others looked at May, confused.

"We're forgetting the music that plays after you win a battle!" May explained. "Besides, we DID just win, didn't we?"

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/smrpgMff.mid

"I'll fix that!" With that, Brock magically produced a CD player from his tunic, set it on the ground, and pressed 'PLAY'...and a blaring fanfare echoed into the air! Ash swirled Misty into his arms, May joyfully pumped a fist into the air....and Brock calmly folded his arms across his chest.

"Come on!" Ash lead the others down the path.

---------

"How much further?" May complained. "My feet hurt!"

"Hey, look!" Misty ran over to a tree by the path, where she saw a young girl in a blue skirt bound and gagged. The girl tried to resist Misty at first, but calmed down as Misty freed her from her bindings. "There now...are you okay?"

"I think so..." the girl shyly stammered as she brushed a strand of auburn hair from her face. "Thank you, brave ninja...are you and your friends going to Amaril?"

"We sure are!" Ash replied. "We're going there to learn more about the Lightning Amber and its spirit, Kohaku!"

"Great! Great!" the girl smiled. "For a moment, I thought you were the evil wizard Cadli; she was the one that captured me and binded me to that tree!"

"And what might your name be, my pretty one?" Brock smiled as he caressed the girls hair, helping to retie a loose bow that dangled from the girl's ponytail.

"My name's Kimi." the girl replied. "My mom runs the inn in Amaril!" Before she could say any more, a puff of grey smoke appeared, scaring Kimi and surprising the others!

"Get ready to battle!" Ash called as he drew his sword. The others readied their weapons as an older lady with short black hair wearing a flowing purple and black robe stepped from the smoke and slowly walked to meet the others.

"Who are you?" Misty demanded, hurling a shuriken at the imposing figure. "You're not going to hurt Kimi!"

"If you do, you'll have to deal with us first!" Brock added, firing an arrow at the beautiful, yet fear inducing woman in front of them.

Cadli sneered as she blocked both weapons. "I am Cadli, master dark mage and envoy to the great wizard Katka...where's the girl I hoped to take to Master Katka?"

"Kimi's safe with us!" Ash snarled. "We're not letting her go without a fight!"

An evil smile crossed Cadli's face. "Oh, so it's a fight you want? You're only asking to be destroyed!"

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/mrpg_batl_z.mid

[Cadli's HP: ---------------------]

Ash grabbed a tree branch and hopped over it, delivering a gash to Cadli's arm as he flew over her head.

[Cadli's HP: ------------------]

"Yah!" Misty hurled two shurikens at Cadli, further aggravating the arm wound Ash had left and pinning her to the tree!

[Cadli's HP: ---------------]

::May cast Ice!::

"Scatter your chilly sharp blades! Ice!" May commanded, hurling a small icicle at Cadli...but Cadli blocked the attack!

[Cadli's HP: ---------------]

::Brock used Taunt!::

Brock calmly set his CD player on the ground and magically produced a wrireless microphone from his tunic. "Heh heh..." he chuckled as Cadli coldly anticipated the group's next move. "Okay! 1, 2, 3!" he counted, clapping to his count as he hit PLAY on the CD player, causing a vocal bass line to come blaring into the field. Ash and the girls began to clap and stomp to the beat as Brock sang...

Oh, pretty woman, walkin' down the street.
Pretty woman, the kind I'd like to meet,
Pretty woman, I don't believe you!
You're not the truth!
No one could look as good as you!
Mercy, mmm, oh, such a, such a, such a,

Pretty woman, won't you pardon me.
Pretty woman, I couldn't help but see,
Pretty woman, that you look lovely as can be.
Are you lonely just like me?

Ah... Ash sang.
Ah... Misty joined in, harmonizing with Ash.
Ah... May added a third part to the harmony...

Pretty woman stop a while,
Oh, pretty woman talk a while,
Pretty woman give your smile to me! Brock and the others continued to sing, completely ignoring the unamused look on Cadli's face.
Pretty woman, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Pretty woman, won'tcha look my way.
Pretty woman, say you'll stay with me.

'Cause I need you, I'll treat you right.
Come with me baby, be mine tonight.

Pretty woman, don't walk on by.
Pretty woman, don't make me cry.
Pretty woman, don't walk away, hey! Brock sang as Cadli disappeared in a puff of smoke. OK.
If that's the way it must be, OK.
I guess I'll go on home, it's late. he sang, motioning to Ash and the others to continue down the path to Amaril.
Maybe tomorrow night, BUT WAIT! he sang as he noticed Kimi running to meet the group.
What do I see?
Is she walking back to me?
Yeah, yeah! I said she's walking back to me! Brock joyfully sang as Ash swept Kimi in his arms and danced with her
I said, woh-oh PRETTY WOMAN! everyone sang together.

::Cadli fled the battle!::

Kimi laughed as Ash hoisted her on his shoulders. "Thank you so much for everything! And you guys should entertain the queen with that song, she'd like that!" Everyone laughed as they continued down the path to Amaril....

To Be Continued...

pikatravis
March 1st, 2005, 01:55 AM
That was a great chapter EmeraldSky. It was really goo and cool and funny.

EmeraldSky
March 1st, 2005, 05:23 AM
Thanks!

Did you know that the song Brock sang is real?

pikatravis
March 1st, 2005, 06:36 AM
Thanks!

Did you know that the song Brock sang is real?
No I didnt know that. I can't wait for more chapters. :D

EmeraldSky
March 1st, 2005, 11:18 AM
Coming up in Episode 3:

Exploring Midnight Cave and the Lightning Amber! (and Misty runs out of the film again)

Lizzie
March 6th, 2005, 03:59 PM
wow it's a great fic! I like it A lot! I just wanted to point out at the beginning that brock and Misty were sleeping together same with Ash and May, XD I find it kinda weird that each girl slept with each boy in the same room. Wouldn't it be better if the girls slept together in one room and the boys slept together in another? ^^;; XD Anyway It's really good I hope to see more soon

EmeraldSky
March 6th, 2005, 04:35 PM
I'm working on Episode 3 right now, it should be ready soon.

EmeraldSky
March 6th, 2005, 05:22 PM
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/hi_res_prelude_v2.mid

Party Status

Weapon: Shuriken x96

Episode 3: Golden Days, Golden Knights

"We're almost there!" Kimi giggled as she led Ash and the others down the path towards a small town. "Once we get to Amaril, I'll let you meet my mom--she'll probably let you stay at the inn..."

"I could use a rest about now..." Ash groaned as he climbed over a rock overlooking a bustling town--which he assumed was Amaril. "I also wish Pikachu was here..."

"Look!" Brock pointed out a small monitor in the grass by a tree. "I can see a portal to the real world here...and Pikachu's watching!"

Ash walked over to the small screen, knelt down, and gently tapped it, getting Pikachu's attention. "Pikachu? It's me, Ash..."

"Pikapi!" Pikachu cried, leaping with joy at the sound of his master's voice. "Pika pika chu!"

Well, if you want to come be with me, grab one of our controls!" Ash replied. He watched as Pikachu skittered over to May's bag, where Skitty lay snoozing in the clothes.

"What's he doing?" Misty was confused.

"I guess he wants Skitty and Mudkip to come too." Brock replied as Pikachu struggled to pick up the yellow controller Ash had been using. Suddenly, the portal glowed in a flash of light...and Pikachu materialized in the sky!

"Pikachu!" Ash dove over another rock and caught Pikachu just before he landed on the ground. "You okay?"

"Chu..." Pikachu groaned as he eased himself onto Ash's shoulder...

"Aww..." May cooed when she saw the tiny white cape Pikachu was wearing. "Now Pikachu's a Knight too! But, where's his sword?"

"Pikachu doesn't need a weapon, he has his own natural power!" Brock assured May. He was about to say more when he heard a low growl coming from behind a tree. "Uh oh..." he stammered as a small Growlithe with black fur appeared in front of them!

[Black Growlithe's HP: ------------------]

"CHUUUU!!!!" Pikachu fired a Thunderbolt at the black Growlithe; causing it to hesitantly back away.

[Black Growlithe's HP: ---------------]

"Absorb power in the sky and strike! Lightning Stab!" Ash cried as he absorbed some of Pikachu's attack into his blade and fired the electricity into the Growlithe!

::Ash learned Lightning Stab!::

[Black Growlithe's HP: ------]

"Hut!" Brock fired an arrow into the Growlithe's leg, causing it to help in pain! Sensing that it had been defeated, it collapsed to the ground, exhausted.

::Ash level up!::

::May level up!::

::Misty level up!::

::Brock level up!::

*Pikachu attack level up!*

Kimi just smiled as the group celebrated. "Nice fighting! I'm sure you guys would do great at a tournament!"

"Let's go! I can see the town ahead!" Misty called as she led the way into Amaril.

---------

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/n64/z64_mtrx.mid

"Wow..." Ash couldn't resist looking around at the bustling cobblestone streets of the town, where the various denizens of Amaril rushed along, going about their daily routines, all among a backdrop of small houses, the stalls in the marketplace, and the town square. But overlooking it all was a majestic mansion at the north edge of town.

"It's beautiful..." May agreed as the group approached a larger building with a signpost decorated with a bed hanging from the entrance. "And this must be the inn."

Ash set Kimi on the ground and walked up to the door. "I'll knock, so your mom knows we're here." With that, he knocked three times, and took a step back. But no sooner had the door opened...

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/ff2pp.mid

"MEOW!" came the high pitched cry of a Meowth. Ash gasped in surprise as the tiny cat Pokemon began to rummage through the group's moneybag, eager to find a treat.

"Hey, get out of there!" Brock tried to peel the Meowth off the bag, but wound up getting his arm scratched.

"Scat!" May yelled as she too tried to shoo the Meowth away, but to no avail.

"Pika!" Pikachu was about to charge a Thunderbolt, but quickly stoppeed when he saw the Meowth's owner, a slender young woman with short blonde hair, run to the door and grab the inquisitive Pokemon away from May. "Pikachu?"

"Mom!" Kimi ran to her mother and gave her a hug.

"Kimi...I'm so glad you're all right!" the woman replied. "I was so worried when I heard that the dark mage Cadli was capturing children...."

"Well, I got caught too, but these travelers rescued me and scared Cadli away!" Kimi continued. "They've come a long way, and they could use the rest..."

"They did?" the woman asked. She smiled as she set the Meowth on the ground. "Thank you so much for saving my daughter..." she began...

"Twas' nothing..." Ash smiled.

"May I at least ask for your names?" the woman asked as she made a few beds. "I'm Irihi....and as thanks for rescuing Kimi, I'll let you stay for free tonight."

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/Frog_Remix.mid

"I'm Ash, a roving adventurer!" Ash began. "Together with my friend Pikachu, we've traveled across many lands, and seen many awe inspiring wonders. We've heard about the shattering of the Shining Diamond, and we're going to restore it to it's rightful glory!"

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps1/ff7_cc88.mid

"Greetings..." Misty smiled, bowing repectfully before Irihi. "I first met up with Ash when he came to my training ground, and when he rescued my master from a dark lion, I offered to travel with him. On the training ground, I am called Kasumi....but when I'm with Ash, I prefer to be called Misty."

"That adventure would be too long a story to tell in one sitting." Ash agreed, playing along with Misty's story.

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gamecube/haven.mid

"Hi!" May laughed as she sat down on one of the beds and removed her hood. "I'm May...I graduated from the mages' academy not too long ago, but I'm not very strong just yet..." She was about to say more when Kimi interrupted. "You've been to Midori?"

"Midori is the city west of here...in addition to the mages' academy, it's also well known for the Temple of Wishes." Irihi explained. "Many people come there to pray to the wish guardian Jirachi...if Jirachi is pleased with a person's wish, he will grant it."

"Oh yes...I wished that I could become a mage many times...Jirachi heard my wish and granted me the strength to make it through the mage's trial!" May laughed, pleased at her made up story.

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gameboy/ffalest.mid

"And you may call me Brock, my lovely one..." Brock smiled as he bowd before Irihi. "I roam the forests of the world, seeking to aid those in need...yet I travel with Ash as his companion..."

Irihi just laughed. "It's a pleasure to meet you all!" she smiled as she turned her attentions to the front counter. "Rest well."

"Oh, we will!" Ash called as he hung up his cape and sword, then relaxed on one of the beds. Pikachu hopped on the pillow, curled up by Ash's head, and dozed off with a yawn. Before long, the others had drifted to sleep as well.

The next morning....

"Good morning!" Kimi called as she skipped inside the room where the others were resting. "Did you rest well?"

"Yeah..." Ash replied as he sat up in bed and deposited Pikachu on his shoulder. "We thought we might explore town and learn about the Lightning Amber....do you know someone that knows about it?"

"I do..." Irihi smiled as she settled in a chair next to Kimi. "The great Golden Knight, Shinrius, may be able to help you. He lives in that mansion on the edge of town..."

"Why is he called a golden knight?" May was puzzled.

"It's because his armor is gold, like the sun!" Kimi giggled. "It looks so pretty when he walks in the sunshine!"

"Golden Knights are also the queen's best fighters..." Irihi continued. "and Shinrius was no exception. He was skilled in almost every weapon as well as some magic. Despite his many talents, the queen felt that he was a little young to be in combat; but she still gave him a piece of land as a gift for completing his training...it's from his mansion he keeps the piece in Amaril."

"Tell me more about the queen..." Brock was interested. "What's she like?"

Irihi thought for a moment, then continued, "Queen Reiko ascended the throne two years before Kimi was born--about ten years ago. Her father was oppressive and power hungry; but the one thing he desired the most was the Shining Diamond. The resulting war has come to be called the War of the Diamond...Shinrius was there; you can talk to him to learn more."

"Where is Queen Reiko's palace?" Ash was excited at the prospect of meeting royalty.

"It's located in the city of Koniro; to the east of Midori." Irihi replied. "Reiko is a kind and just ruler, unlike her father...the royal family also helps look after one of the Elemental Jewels, the Icy Sapphire."

"Interesting..." Ash mused as he turned to leave. "We'll go pay Shinrius a visit and see what we can find out about our quest."

"Just remember, you're always welcome here any time!" Irihi called after the group as they walked out into the sunshine...

To Be Continued....

EmeraldSky
March 19th, 2005, 08:49 AM
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/zeldorch.mid

Party Status

Level: 2
(Pikachu status: OK)

Episode 4: Diamonds in the Rough

Ash looked up at the majestic mansion, awed by the colorful ornaments that adorned the house itself and the spires on the roof. "It's so beautiful..."

"Pika pi!" Pikachu agreed, amazed by the house's ornate decor.

"I have to agree, but remember that we're here to see Shinrius, okay?" Misty cautioned as she approached the door and knocked. "If he asks why we're here, just explain that you want to learn more about the War of the Diamond..."

Just then, the door opened, and a young girl with flowing auburn hair appeared in the doorway. "Welcome, travelers. How may I be of service to you?"

"We wish to visit with your master and learn about the War of the Diamond." Ash explained. "The Jewel Spirit Daiya has told us that the War may have some connection with Katka's rising to power..."

"Well then, come inside..." the girl smiled as she lead the group into the main hall. "I'll inform Sir Shinrius right away...he enjoys sharing his stories of adventure with guests." With that, she disappeared up a spiraling staircase in the center of the room, leaving the group before a set of ornate chairs with jewels embedded in them.

"Chu!" Pikachu hopped atop the Dragonite head on one of the chairs and beckoned for Ash to sit down.

"These chairs are so nice..." May commented as she eased herself into the chair next to Ash. "Plus, I think Max would like these little Ralts carvings on this one..." she laughed as she felt the tiny carvings of three Ralts being guided by a Gardevoir on the right side of her chair.

Misty brushed away a tear as she felt the Togepi carving on her chair. "Oh Togetic...I miss you..."

"Yeah..." Brock sighed as he admired the tiny sapphires that served as the Togepi's eyes. "That cute little giggle...Pikachu making faces at him..." He was about to say more when he heard footsteps coming down the stairs. "I think Shinrius is here!"

Ash noticed the girl that had met them coming down the stairs, but a taller boy with brown hair stood beside her. Not only that, but the boy's armor was a shiny golden color with silver and black trim. A golden cape hung across his back, completing the look.

"Pika..." Pikachu bowed respectfully before the boy, prompting Ash and the others to do the same. Finally, the boy settled into a fifth chair facing the others, then began. "Miko has told me of your quest, and its connection to the Diamond War, but before I tell you the legend, may I first inquire of your names?"

"I am Ash, a roving adventurer." Ash began. "As well as my pet, Pikachu; these are my companions; Misty..." Misty waved hello. "Brock..." Brock smiled and gave a salute to the boy as a sign of respect. "...and May." May waved as she removed her hood and sat back down in her chair.

The boy gave a nod of approval to Ash and the others. "I welcome you and your companions, Sir Ash...I am Shinrius, one of Her Majesty's Golden Knights. My orders are to protect and defend the towns and cities of the world in times of peace; but in times of war, we are considered the finest warriors in the land."

"We've heard of your exploits in the Great War of the Diamond." Brock replied. "But my question is: Why would everyone want to be fighting over a gem?"

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps1/Manamap.mid

"The origins of the Diamond War go back to the very beginnings of our world..." Shinrius began. "When the High Goddess Ichigo began to create the world, she commanded the spirits of the elements--lightning, earth, fire, wind, water, ice, light and darkness--to take the forms of gemstones and travel across it. As the spirits traveled, they created the earth, the sea, the sky, and all living things that would inhabit these realms. When their labors were complete, the spirits each chose a place to rest, guiding and protecting the living creatures of that area. These places became the towns where the jewels were housed--and Amaril is one of them."

"But where does the Shining Diamond come into play?" May interruppted. "How was that created?"

"Patience, young mage; I'm getting to that." Shinrius assured May, causing everyone to laugh. "Although Ichigo cherished the gemstones very much--she also knew that someday, the humans would find a way to abuse the power of the gemstones. So, she called the elemental spirits to a rock that stood in the middle of an ocean, and commanded them to fuse together...creating the Shining Diamond. The rock where the fusion occured stands nearby Katka's tower; it is called Ichigo's Eye because of the eye-shaped piece of blue crystal in its center."

"So basically, all we're doing is finding the eight stones, bringing them to Ichigo's Eye, and fusing them again?" Ash wondered.

"That's true..." Shinrius continued. "In doing so, you will be creating the second Shining Diamond--the first one became the Dark Stone after the war corrupted its power. You could say that Katka started the War of the Diamond..."

"Why did he want the Shining Diamond so bad?" Misty was puzzled. "It's just a gemstone, isn't it?"

"Not quite..." Shinrius cautioned as he accepted a drink from Miko. "Only one with a pure heart may touch the Diamond...if one with an evil heart touches it, it will be corrupted by darkness..." He paused to brush away a tear, apparently remembering the painful memory of the war.

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/Introduction.mid

"I still remember the day the war began very clearly...I had just graduated from the training academy, and like my fellow Golden Knights, we were all excited about seeing combat for the first time..." Shinrius mused. "However, there were rumors that Katka, the king's court wizard, had his eyes set on the Shining Diamond. We all knew very well that Katka was not the nicest of people, but we first brushed off the rumors as just that: rumors. Then, one day, our commander summoned us and informed us that Katka had summoned an army of dark creatures and was approaching Ichigo's Eye.

While some of my comrades were told to join the battle at the Eye right away, I was told to first find a safe place for the princess, Reiko, and her nurse, so that they would be safe in case something happened to the king. I led them down to a hidden bunker in the storage area, and told them to remain there until I returned.

"The battle was very fierce, and many lives were lost on both sides...but all our efforts were not enough to stop Katka...the instant he touched the Diamond, it shattered into the eight gemstones; as well as one piece that brimmed with dark power. Using this Dark Stone, he nearly wiped out our entire army. I barely escaped with my own life."

"What about Reiko?" Ash wondered. "How did she react to the loss of her father?"

"She cried for several days..." At this, Shinrius rose from his chair and began pacing the floor. "But after a while, she recovered, and took the throne for herself ten years ago, when she turned sixteen...now, with Katka resurfacing with the Dark Stone, she's been worried that war will break out again. I'm relieved that you all are searching for the gems."

"Our pleasure...." Ash smiled as he rose from his chair.

"The first stone, the Lightning Amber, is located in a cave to the east of town. But even with all your power combined, that still won't be enough to fend of the monster Katka has created to guard the stone." Shinrius began as he motioned for Miko to bring him his sword. "I will travel with you to guide you to the cave...and as for you, Sir Ash...I will give you a new weapon to help you through the cave when we arrive."

"Really? Thanks!" Ash smiled as he led the others to the door.

"Guard the house until I return." Shinrius whispered to Miko. Miko nodded and waved goodbye as Ash, Shinrius, and the others departed...

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/n64/Song_003.mid

::Shinrius joins the party!::

To Be Continued...

Electric Hero
April 1st, 2005, 02:18 PM
ummm.... what can I say? ... it is really cool, and very original; are you still making the other chapters?

EmeraldSky
April 1st, 2005, 02:23 PM
Yeah, Episode 5 is still in the planning stages, but I hope to release it tomorrow. (it DOES take a while to plan a dungeon)

Electric Hero
April 2nd, 2005, 08:01 PM
I understand you *coughyeahsurecough* XD nah just kidding, I'll be waiting for it.

EmeraldSky
April 3rd, 2005, 05:13 AM
Had a delay in the plans, but I hope to get it done today...

Coming up: a chase in the passageways!

EmeraldSky
April 13th, 2005, 09:24 AM
A preview for you:

Party Status

HP: 60/60
MP: 14/14
EXP: 37/43

Name: Shinrius (guest)
Level: 3
Class: Golden Knight
Weapon: Sword of Helios

Episode 5: Into the Darkness

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gameboy/prb_route1_orchestrated.mid

"Step lively, now!" Shinrius called as he lead Ash and the others down the path out of Amaril. "The Midnight Cave is inside the Forest of Mystery..."

"Why's it called that, and not...the Forest of Psyducks and Azumarills?" Misty asked, both curious and exasperated at the prospect of walking.

"It is named as such because there are many wonders inside, but no one has ever gone inside the forest and lived to tell the tale." Shinrius replied With that, the group rounded a bend in the path and walked towards the forest's edge.

May shuddered as she glanced up at the omnious looking treetops. "If we're going into a dark forest, I kinda want some protection too. I mean, Ash has Pikachu..."

"Then look." Brock led May over to another shining portal that sat on top of a rock--one that looked very similar to the one Pikachu had came through. On the screen, Skitty had apparently released Combusken from her Poke Ball, and now both of them were romping through the clothes and wires scattered throughout the room.

"What's the matter?" Shinrius looked concerned.

"May's a little afraid about entering the forest alone." Brock explained. "Would it be okay if she summoned a friend through this portal?"

"Please?" May begged. Shinrius just gave a silent nod of approval. "Okay..." May knelt down so that the portal was at her eye level, then gently tapped it. "Guys?"

"Bu-busken?" Combusken was the first to respond. "Busken?"

"It's me...May!" May assured both Combusken and Skitty. "Will you guys come inside the game world and give me a hand?"

"Skit!" Skitty mewed as she ran up to the portal screen, only to wind up sliding off the screen and onto the floor. "Ty..." she groaned, dazed.

"Pick up the green controller I was using to be transported here!" May explained. "But only one of you can go..."

"Skitty!" Skitty replied as she romped towards a green controller lying on the floor. Before she could attempt to pick it up, Combusken blocked her path. "Busken!" Skitty tried to ram Combusken out of the way, but the strong bird Pokemon was much too strong for her to move. In a desprate attempt to block Skitty, Combusken picked up the controller, making her disappear in a bright light!

EmeraldSky
April 17th, 2005, 04:19 PM

Party Status

Name: Shinrius (guest)
Class: Golden Knight
Weapon: Sword of Helios

Episode 5: Into the Darkness

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gameboy/prb_route1_orchestrated.mid

"Step lively, now!" Shinrius called as he lead Ash and the others down the path out of Amaril. "The Midnight Cave is inside the Forest of Mystery..."

"Why's it called that, and not...the Forest of Psyducks and Azumarills?" Misty asked, both curious and exasperated at the prospect of walking.

"It is named as such because there are many wonders inside, but no one has ever gone inside the forest and lived to tell the tale." Shinrius replied With that, the group rounded a bend in the path and walked towards the forest's edge.

May shuddered as she glanced up at the omnious looking treetops. "If we're going into a dark forest, I kinda want some protection too. I mean, Ash has Pikachu..."

"Then look." Brock led May over to another shining portal that sat on top of a rock--one that looked very similar to the one Pikachu had came through. On the screen, Skitty had apparently released Combusken from her Poke Ball, and now both of them were romping through the clothes and wires scattered throughout the room.

"What's the matter?" Shinrius looked concerned.

"May's a little afraid about entering the forest alone." Brock explained. "Would it be okay if she summoned a friend through this portal?"

"Please?" May begged. Shinrius just gave a silent nod of approval. "Okay..." May knelt down so that the portal was at her eye level, then gently tapped it. "Guys?"

"Bu-busken?" Combusken was the first to respond. "Busken?"

"It's me...May!" May assured both Combusken and Skitty. "Will you guys come inside the game world and give me a hand?"

"Skit!" Skitty mewed as she ran up to the portal screen, only to wind up sliding off the screen and onto the floor. "Ty..." she groaned, dazed.

"Pick up the green controller I was using to be transported here!" May explained. "But only one of you can go..."

"Skitty!" Skitty replied as she romped towards a green controller lying on the floor. Before she could attempt to pick it up, Combusken blocked her path. "Busken!" Skitty tried to ram Combusken out of the way, but the strong bird Pokemon was much too strong for her to move. In a desprate attempt to block Skitty, Combusken picked up the controller, making her disappear in a bright light!

"Combusken!" May called as she ran to catch her friend, but Combusken landed feet first and struck a fighting pose.

Shinrius was impressed. "Very impressive pet you have there..."

"She protects me when my magic fails!" May laughed as she lead the group to the forests edge. No sooner had the group entered, did they hear squawking from overhead. May looked up and saw two black Taillows flying before the group, both of them squawking an attack cry!

[Dark Taillow's HP: --------]
[Dark Taillow's HP: --------]

"Yah!" Misty hurled two shurikens, one at each Taillow.

[Dark Taillow's HP: ----]
[Dark Taillow's HP: ----]

"Yipe!" May ducked as one of the Taillows dove at her, nicking her leg on the way down!

[May's HP: ---------------]

Ash shielded his face from the other Taillow , leaving a scape on his right arm!

[Ash's HP: -------------------]

"CHU!" Pikachu fired a Thundershock at one of the Taillows, sending it falling into the grass.

::Dark Taillow defeated!::

"Hut!" Ash swiped at the other Taillow, but it veered out of the way....only to be nailed by an arrow from Brock!

::Dark Taillow defeated!::

::24 credits aquired!::

::10 EXP gained::

"Nice shot!" Misty congratulated Brock.

"Very good...now let's go..." Shinrius called as he cut through some underbrush to clear a path...

---------

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/Z3Forest.mid

"How much further, Shinrius?" Ash asked as the group continued into the forest. "We've been walking for an hour now...

"Not far." Shinrius assured Ash. "I will, however, give you this sword to help you through the cave." He reached into his bag and handed a sword with silver swirls on the hilt to Ash. "This is the Silver Sword...the first sword I received when I finished training. Use it well!"

"I will, Sir Shinrius." Ash replied. He waved goodbye as Shinrius departed.

::Shinrius left the party!::

"Well, let's go check out this cave!" Misty called, pointing out the cave entrance in the distance. She was about to go inside when she noticed a blue dog Pokemon with a purple mane sleeping in front of the entrance.

"Busk?" Combusken asked May, curious to the strange Pokemon.

"I think it's called Suicune..." May explained. "Ash told me about it once."

Brock was amazed! "It IS a Suicune!" Unfortunately, his triumphant cry spurred the Legendary Dog to attack!

[Suicune's HP: ------------------]

"Hah!" Ash sliced into the Suicunes front leg, causing it to yelp in pain!

[Suicune's HP: --------------]

The Suicune, angered by its wound, charged towards Ash. But before it could connect, Misty threw herself in front of Ash, receiving a few scratches on her face and left arm.

[Misty's HP: ----------------]

"Ooh..." Misty eased herself to her feet and hurled four shurikens at the Suicune, sending it flying into a tree!

::Nice Shot!::

[Suicune's HP: ----]

::Suicune cast Ice!::

The Suicune howled, blasting an Icy Wind at the group, causing most everyone to run in an attempt to evade the attack. Brock meanwhile, decided to stand his ground, bearing the brunt of the Beast's attack.

[Brock's HP: ---------------]

May gasped as Brock grunted to withstand the icy blast. She was about to attack, when Combusken tugged at her robe. "What is it, Combusken?"

"Com! Busken!" Combusken suggested, gesturing to the Suicune.

"Turn its own power against it? Okay..." and May charged a blue ball...

"Scatter your chilly sharp blades! Ice!" May commanded, encapitating the Suicune in its own power! It slumped to the ground, defeated.

::Suicune defeated!::

::20 credits gained!::

::10 EXP gained!::

*Combusken attack level up!*

"That should be the last of them!" Ash laughed as he led the group over to a small hill that looked like a cave entrance--only the opening was blocked by rocks. "Just how are we going to get inside?"

"Buuuuuuus-ken!" Combusken shrieked as she streaked past Ash delivered a powerful kick to the rocks, breaking the cave open and leaving clumps of dust behind.

"Well, that's one way..." May sighed as she followed Ash into the cave...

---------

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/zeldaund.mid

"So this is Midnight Cave..." Misty mused as she studied the cave's layout. The group stood on a narrow slope that lead down onto a flat area. The flat zone in turn, slit into three routes: the left route locked in place by some rusty chains, the center route leading up to an ornately colored door, and the right route leading down into a dark passageway. "This place looks like a maze...so where do we start?"

"The answer looks rather obvious..." May interrupted. "The left route is locked, the center route looks like it could lead to the boss' chamber, so our only choice appears to be the right route."

"G-g-good idea, M-m-may..." Brock shivered, apparently still cold from the enounter with the Suicune from earlier. "B-b-ut one p-p-problem: I'm n-n-not sure what k-k-kinds of m-m-monsters are in here..." He was about to say more when a Zubat fluttered over his head. "Look out!"

[Blackbat's HP: ----------]

"CHU!" Pikachu quickly fired a Thunderbolt at the bat, making it veer off balance.

[Blackbat's HP: ----]

"Watch out!" May yelped as the bat dove toward Ash's neck. Ash ducked, making the bat's claws nick his hand instead.

[Ash's HP:-----------------------]

"Hut!" Misty hurled a shuriken at the bat, sending it falling into the void below.

::Blackbat defeated!::

::13 credits acquired!::

::5 EXP acquired!

"Come on..." Ash lead the way down the right passage, and into the blackness...

---------

"It's so dark in here..." May complained as she groped to see in the dark passage. "I can't see a thing!"

"Well, Pikachu's not much of a lantern, but he'll have to do." Ash sighed as he continued feeling his way through the darkness. "You'd think there'd be a torch or two in here..."

Just then, Pikachu spotted a faint glow in front of the group. "Pika! Pika!" he called, getting everyone's attention.

"What is it?" Ash ran towards the light...which turned out to be another portal! "Hey, Brock..."

"Y-y-yeah?" Brock asked, still shivering from the cool air inside the cave.

"Pikachu found another portal here..." Ash explained. "so maybe if you could call Mudkip in here..."

"I think I will..." and Brock lightly tapped on the portal screen, getting Mudkip's attention. "Hello?"

"Kip!" Mudkip chirped, excited at seeing her master. Before Brock could say anything else, Mudkip had picked up his controller and rematerialized on his shoulder. "Mud?"

"It's great to see you again, my friend..." and Brock lovingly nuzzled Mudkip, engrossed in her warmth.

"Mud kip..." Mudkip quickly noticed the cold on her master's cheek. "Kip?"

"Long story..." Brock assured Mudkip. "I'll tell you when we get out of this dungeon, okay?"

To Be Continued...

EmeraldSky
April 24th, 2005, 02:16 PM

Party Status

Weapon: Silver Sword

Weapon: Shuriken x89

Episode 6: Ambushed!

"Okay, we're almost there." Ash assured the others as they emerged into a large open room at the end of the passage. A stone staircase loomed before them, beckoning the group to climb up.

"Wow..." May was impressed by the staircase's size. "Whatever's at the top, it has to be good."

"We won't find out if there is any treasure at the top if we just stand here at the bottom." Brock interjected. "So, let's go..." With that, he led the others up the giant steps towards a doorway that waited at the top.

Just then, Mudkip heard fluttering overhead. "Kip!"

"Huh?" Brock turned to look in Mudkip's direction, just in time to see a pair of Zubats circling above him....

[Zubat's HP: ----------]

"Pika!" Pikachu tried to jump out of the way of one Zubat, but the impact sent him teetering close to the edge of the step.

[Pikachu's HP: --------------------]

"I'll cover for Pikachu!" Brock called, firing an arrow into one Zubat's wing.

[Zubat's HP: -------]

"Watch out, Mudkip!" Misty called as the other Zubat landed on top of Mudkip and bit her in the back.

::Mudkip was poisoned!::

[Mudkip's HP: ------------]

"What's wrong?" Brock asked, concerned.

Misty knelt down to study the gaping wound on Mudkip's back. "Oh ew...she's poisoned..."

"Oh no..." Ash joined Misty on the step. "Hang on, Mudkip, we'll find an antidote for you...okay?"

"Kip..." Mudkip groaned as she struggled to resist the poison.

[Mudkip's HP : -----------]

"MUUUD!!!" Mudkip fired a large spray of water at her assailant, rendering it heavily weakened and unable to fly.

[Zubat's HP: ---]

::Mudkip resisted the poison!::

"This one's for Mudkip!" Ash cried. With that, he leapt into the air and fatally cut one Zubat's wing, defeating it.

::Zubat defeated!::

::Mudkip resisted the poison!::

"Here!" May grabbed an Antidote from her pack and rubbed it into Mudkip's wound. "There we go!"

"Kip!" Mudkip replied as she ran to rejoin Brock.

::Mudkip was cured of poison!::

"I'll see to it that this one won't poison you!" Misty cried as she hurled a flurry of shurikens at the other Zubat.

::10 EXP gained!::

::26 credits acquired!::

"Come on..." Ash started to continue up the stairs, until more fluttering caught his attention. "Get ready!" he screamed as another Zubat swooped into view...

::First Strike!::

"Busk!" Combusken hurled a fireball at the lone Zubat, singing its wing.

[Zubat's HP: ---]

"Hut!" The Zubat screeched in pain as Ash delivered a blow into its chest, defeating it!

::5 EXP gained!

Brock sighed as three more Zubats greeted the group. "Looks like the one you defeated called for reenforcements, Ash..."

"Don't remind me..." Ash sighed, drawing his sword again...

::Ambush!::

"Kip!" Mudkip yelped as one of the Zubats scratched her in the leg. She limped back by Brock's side, weakened by the constant attacks.

[Mudkip's HP: ----------]

"AUGH!" May screamed in pain as another Zubat nicked her arm, sending her tumbling down a few steps.

[May's HP: ------------------------]

"May!" Ash ran to the step where May was rubbing her bleeding arm in pain and helped her to her feet. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah..." May groaned as Ash helped her to her feet. "The bleeding's gone away...so I think I can keep fighting." She ran to rejoin the rest of the group.

::Zubat cast Supersonic!::

Suddenly, one Zubat flew over the others and began to emit a high pitched screech that echoed all across the room. Ash and the others hurried to shield their ears, but the noise seemed to affect Mudkip the most. Before long, she was struggling to balence on the step, dazed.

::Mudkip was confused!::

"Mudkip?" Brock whirled around and gasped as Mudkip stumbled off the staircase's edge in confusion. He was about halfway down the stairs when he heard the thud of Mudkip landing on the hard stone floor. "Oh no..."

"Kip..." Mudkip gasped, apparantly weakened from the fall.

[Mudkip's HP: ----]

::Mudkip is in Danger!::

::Mudkip is confused!::

---------

"Is she okay?" May asked as Brock carried the battered Mudkip back up the stairs.

"She fell a long way..." Misty noted. "Is she going to make it?

"I don't know..." Brock was unsure. "Her breathing's getting heavier, and a rough landing weakened her even more...she could faint if she's attacked again."

"Pika pi, Pipika!" Pikachu assured Brock. "Chupi pika pi!" With that, he fired a thunderbolt at a Zubat, defeating it!

"Go on, Zubat, go away!" Brock snarled as he swatted at the Zubats; both of whom were desprate to attack the weakened Mudkip!

"NO!" Ash cried as a Zubat bit Mudkip in the back again, further aggravating her earlier wound!

[Mudkip's HP: --]

::Mudkip is in Peril!::

::Mudkip is confused!::

"Come on, May; don't you know a cure spell or something?" Misty begged. "Mudkip's gonna faint if she's attacked again!"

"I'm not sure if this will work, but here goes..." and May formed a white ball in her hands.

::May cast Heal!::

"Life's refreshing breeze, blow in energy! Heal!" May called, watching as the white ball enveloped Mudkip, making her glow a light blue color.

[Mudkip's HP: -----------]

"Kip!" Mudkip chirped as she leapt out of Brock's hands and snuggled in May's robe.

::Mudkip is confused no more!::

"Yah!" Misty hurled a shuriken at one of the Zubat.

[Zubat's HP: --]

"Hut!" Brock fired an arrow at the weakened Zubat, defeating it.

"Hah!" Ash slammed into the remaining Zubat so hard, it plummeted to the floor, defeated.

::15 EXP gained!::

::39 credits acquired!::

---------

"All right! We made it!" Ash cried as the group reached the top of the staircase. Brock, the girls, and the Pokemon followed, all of them panting with exhaustion.

"I'm glad we don't have to fight another Zubat." Misty started. "So, make this treasure at the top worth it!"

"Hey!" May noticed not one, but two chests before them. "There's two chests here!"

"Well, open the first one!" Misty begged. She watched as May went to open the first chest...but suddenly noticed eyes on the first chest! "Uh, May?"

"What is it?" May asked, puzzled by Misty's sudden concern.

"Should a chest have eyes like that?" Misty stammered, but was surprised as the chest leapt at May!

[Mimic Box's HP: -----------------------------]

"Hut!" Brock started by firing an arrow at the Mimic Box--only to see it bounce off its shell!

[Mimic Box's HP: ----------------------------]

::May cast Heat!::

"Destruction of nature, gather in flame! Heat!" May called. The resulting fireball surprisingly weakened the Mimic Box!

[Mimic Box's HP: --------------]

"May, you're a genius!" Misty smiled. "This monster hates Magic attacks..."

::Mimic Box cast Bolt!::

"AUGH!!!" Brock screamed as the Mimic Box fired a wave of thunderbolts at him! He fell to his knees, convulsing with pain as the thunderbolts criss-crossed his body.

[Brock's HP:------------]

"Busk!" Combusken kicked the Mimic Box in the face, dazing it for a moment.

"Thanks Combusken..." Brock wheezed as he struggled to get up.

[Mimic Box's HP: ----------]

"Here!" Ash grabbed a Potion from the group's pack and offered it to Brock.

"Thanks..." Brock weakly took the Potion from Ash and drank the contents down, feeling stronger and stronger with every gulp. Finally, he tossed the empty bottle away, grabbed his bow, and ran to rejoin the others.

[Brock's HP:-------------------------------]

"Kip!" Mudkip tried to get away from the Mimic Box, but got bitten in the chest.

[Mudkip's HP: ---]

::Mudkip is in Danger!::

"CHUUU!!!" Pikachu stepped before the weakened Mudkip and fired a Thunderbolt at the Mimic Box.

[Mimic Box's HP: ----]

"Kip.." Mudkip started to run at the Mimic Box, okay to crash into the wall of the cave! She slumped to the floor, defeated.

::Mudkip fainted!::

"This one's for Mudkip!" May growled as she charged a fireball. "Destruction of nature, gather in flame! Heat!"

::Mimic Box defeated!::

::30 EXP gained!::

::50 credits aquired!::

::Got Poison Guard!::

"Wonderful..." Brock groaned as he studied Mudkip's limp body. "Mudkip's fainted, and there's not a Pokemon Center in sight...

To Be Continued...

EmeraldSky
May 25th, 2005, 03:02 PM

Party Status

Weapon: Silver Sword

Weapon: Shuriken x81

Episode 7: Lair of the Dragon Horse

"Talk about a surprise attack..." Misty groaned as she knelt down and inspected the fainted Mudkip. "We don't have anything that can revive her, do we?

"Sorry Misty..." May replied. "I don't know a revive spell yet, but maybe these feathers I found in the other chest will help!" she continued; frantically waving three rainbow colored feathers in the others' faces.

Ash took one of the feathers and looked at it for a moment; taking note of the way the feather projected tiny rainbows on the cave wall. "Wait a second...these look like Ho'oh's feathers..."

"Then...they must be able to revive things!" Brock snatched the feather from Ash and touched it to Mudkip.

::Brock used a Rainbow Wing!::

::Mudkip was revived!::

[Mudkip's HP: --------]

"Kip?" Mudkip glanced around the top of the stairs, dazed. "Kip mud?"

"Those nasty Zubats knocked you out!" Brock explained. "I'll see to it they won't hurt you again!"

"Here's a little more help..." and May formed a white ball in her hands...

"Life's refreshing breeze, blow in energy! Heal!" May commanded. The energy from the spell caused Mudkip to float onto Brock's shoulder, refreshed.
[Mudkip's HP: ---------------]

"Come on, guys..." Ash was about to lead the others into the next passageway, until he spotted a Zubat overhead...

"Hah!" Brock fired an arrow at the Zubat; but the Zubat veered out of the way, causing the arrow to be embedded in the cave wall.

"Hut!" Ash leapt into the air and delivered a crushing blow to the Zubat's wing.

[Zubat's HP: --]

"Busk!" Combusken yelped as the Zubat grazed her head.

[Combusken's HP: ----------------------]

"KEEEEN!!!" Combusken countered the Zubat's attack by hurling a fireball at it, defeating it.

::5 EXP gained!::

"Let's go..." and Ash lead the way into the next passage...

---------

"Gee, this looks familiar..." Brock sighed as he surveyed the main hall. He was about to say more when he noticed a strange chest nearby a rock. "What's this?"

"Well open it!" Misty begged. She waited as Brock carefully lifted a key from the chest, one that was shaped like the head of a dragon.

"Interesting..." May began, noting the strange key in Brock's hand. "If that key is what I think it is..." she began as the group approached the center door. Brock just inserted the key and turned it, causing the door to open into a large open room. The group looked around to discover that the only patch of ground they were standing on was surrounded by lava. But the interesting thing was the large creature in the center of the room, which had features of both a horse and a dragon, complete with a horn on its head.
Suddenly, Ash felt the ground begin to shake as the majestic creature approached them and let out a deafening roar. "I have a bad feeling about this..." he stammered.

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps1/bat.mid

[Dragon Horse's HP:--------------------------------]

::Dragon Horse cast Heat!::

"AUGH!!!" Brock screeched as the dragon horse blew out a blast of hot fire at him, sending him falling to the ground!

[Brock's HP: ------------------------------------]

"Hut!" Misty hurled a Shuriken at the creature's left wing.

[Dragon Horse's HP: -----------------------------]

"Busk!" Combusken hurled a fireball at the creature...

[Dragon Horse's HP: ----------------------------]

"CHU!!!!" Pikachu helped by adding a Thunderbolt.

[Dragon Horse's HP: -------------------------]

"Ash!" Misty called as the dragon horse swiped a claw at Ash, knocking him dangerously close to the lava.

[Ash's HP: -------------------------------------------]

Ash eased himself to his feet and charged at the dragon horse, wounding it in the arm!

[Dragon Horse's HP: ------------------------]

"Kip!" Mudkip sprayed the dragon horse in the face, blinding it for a moment!
[Dragon Horse's HP: -----------------------]

::Dragon Horse cast Heat!::

Brock weakly glanced up at the creature as he struggled to stand up...but was knocked to the ground by another fire blast!

[Brock's HP: ----------------------]

"Here!" May tossed a Potion to Brock as she ran to dodge another fire blast. Brock began to ease himself into a seated position as he drank down the potion's contents...

[Brock's HP: ------------------------------------]

"Yah!" Brock fired an arrow into the dragon horse's arm, stunning it!

[Dragon Horse's HP: --------------------]

"Chu!!!!!" Pikachu fired another thunderbolt at the creature, powering up another Shuriken from Misty.

[Dragon Horse's HP: ----------------]

May gasped when she saw the Dragon Horse charging an orange beam. "Run!" Everyone scrambled to escape the attack, but Combusken collided with the beam head on.

[Combusken's HP: ------------]

"Hut!" Ash delivered another stab into the Dragon Horse's arm.

[Dragon Horse's HP: -------------]

"Scatter your chilly sharp blades! Ice!" May commanded as she hurled a blue ball at the dragon horse, encasing it in a ball of ice.

[Dragon Horse's HP: ----------]

"Yah!" Brock fired a second arrow into the dragon horse's arm, stunning it again!

[Dragon Horse's HP: ----------]

"Cha!!!!" Pikachu yelped as a swipe of a claw sent him flying into the wall!

[Pikachu's HP: --------------------------]

"I'll cover for you, Pikachu!" Misty assured Pikachu, hurling a shuriken into the dragon horse's stomach.

[Dragon Horse's HP: -------]

Brock noticed an orange glow coming from the dragon horse's mouth. "Get ready to run!" he yelped. Despite his call, the dragon horse fired at Combusken again! Combusken weakly stood up, angered at her assailant.

[Combusken's HP: ----]

::Combusken is in Danger!::

::Combusken cast Fire Blast!::

"KEEEENNN!!!!" Combusken created a HUGE fireball and hurled it at the dragon horse, which created the Mew character 'hi' upon impact.

[Dragon Horse's HP: ----]

"Chu!" Pikachu fired another Thunderbolt while Ash created a large gash in the dragon horse's back.

[Dragon Horse's HP: --]

"YEA!!!!" May yelped as the dragon horse scratched her arm, severely weakening her. She feel to her knees, exhausted.

[May's HP: --------]

::May is in Danger!::

"May!" Ash ran to help May, but stood back in awe as May began to glow white...

::May used Spell Roulette!::

::May cast Life Drain!::

"Lost energy...raise the heartrate! Life Drain!" May gasped as she drained the last of the dragon horse's energy. The gargantuan creature stumbled into the lava, defeated!

[May's HP: -----------------------]

::Dragon Horse defeated!::

::100 EXP gained!

::400 credits acquired!::

::Got Stun Guard!::

*Mudkip attack level up!*

"Well done May!" Ash smiled. "How did you do that?"

"I just felt my anger...and it spurred me to cast that!" May explained. She was about to say more until she saw a yellow flash of light rising from the lava, which formed into a yellow jewel. "Huh?"

[url]http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/Zelda3_Crystal_Theme.mid[url]

Thank you, warriors...for rescuing me... the jewel began. I am Kohaku, spirit of the Lightning Amber...I believe that you are the chosen ones that will unite us once again...but this is only the beginning... With that, Ash and the others were teleported out of the cave and onto the west path that led out of Amaril. As thanks, I grant this spell of lightning to the mage girl... May suddenly felt warm as a yellow light formed whithin her...

::May learned Bolt!::

Your next objective is in Midori...one of my sisters pleads for your aid there... and the yellow jewel disappeared into the sky, leaving Ash and the others on the path...

To Be Continued...

EmeraldSky
June 3rd, 2005, 12:18 PM
Coming up:

--Mystery in Midori
--a new kind of ally

pokegirl909
June 6th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Oh my. Your last post seemed like ages ago. More! (Please take that as a good sign)

EmeraldSky
June 13th, 2005, 04:48 PM
A preview of Episode 8:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/Into_The_Darkness.mid

The group rounded a corner into a long and empty hallway that branched in all directions. For a while, no one was sure which route to take...then Misty spoke up. "NOW which way?"

"We came from the second route on the left, so it makes sense if the correct routes' on the right..." May started, until she noticed Pikachu frantically pointing at a large black lump in the distance. "What is it, Pikachu?"

"Pikapika!" Pikachu explained. "Pika pi!"

"Something's lying there?" Ash asked. He led the others over to where the lump lay and inspected it carefully. "It looks like some kind of wolf Pokemon..." he started as he gently cradled the creature's head, making special note of the bloody gash that dirtied a large spot of blue fur.

"Roll it over, I want to see!" Misty begged. She grabbed a Rainbow Wing from her pack as Ash carefully rolled the Pokemon onto its back.

"Interesting...." Ash mused as he studied the peculiar spike in the Pokemon's chest, which was also bloodied. "It must use this spike to defend itself....there's more blood on its torso..."

"Well, if it's dead, this ought to bring it back to life!" Misty smiled. She tiptoed up to the Pokemon and gently stroked its nose, hoping that it would sneeze.

::Misty used a Rainbow Wing!::

::Rainbow Wing had no effect!::

"Whatever this guy is...he's still breathing, and I can feel a pulse..." Brock noted. "So he's still alive."

"Then maybe a healing spell will work!" May suggested, forming a white ball in her hands...

"Life's refreshing breeze, blow in energy! Heal!" May called. The white ball enveloped the creature in a soothing blue light...causing it to weakly smile at its rescuers.

Just then, Ash had an idea. "Hey, Brock?"

"Yeah?" Brock called back as he approached the creature's head and carefully lifted it up in preparation to resuscitate the creature.

"Hand me a potion real quick...maybe that'll help it..." Ash suggested.

"Okay..." Brock reached for a Potion lying by Misty's bag, eased the cork off, and handed the open bottle to Ash. The creature seemed to enjoy the drink, and started to lick up the contents.

"You have any ideas on how to revive this guy?" May asked."

"I think I do..." Brock formed an acoustic guitar from a rock; then began to tune the instrument.

"How's a song going to help?" Misty was unimpressed.

"Trust me, 'kay?" Brock assured Misty. With that, he started a soothing melody...

I wake up and hear somebody call my name...that special voice, I remember
The ocean lulls me on to sleep, my thoughts are filled with dreams of you,
My heart dreams of you tonight...

Far away, I hear the sound of crying, and where they are, I cannot tell.
When hearts are sad, they do not know, the happiness that love can bring
Without that peace and joy inside, the sadness consumes them...

I look down on the pieces of a dream, a wish; beautiful wish,
These feelings inside of me, they are shining like the stars!
The sea, it rolls on into an orange sun sinking in the west
These tears of mine, they are washed away into the night...

May gasped as the creature started to attempt to stand. "He's standing up!"

"Keep singing, Brock!" Ash cried in agreement. Brock just smiled and began the second verse:

On that joyous day we were created...I awakened here, and I was called,
From the sky down to the deepest sea, I hear your sad voice call to me,
No matter how the darkness falls, or how gripping the pain...

These feelings inside of me, they will drive the dark away!
And the sea keeps on rolling on, as the sky turns purple with the dawn
My wish for you, do you see it shining, shining through?

One day the time will come, all the war and pain will cease!
They will all just fade away...that day, I hope, comes soon!
So I will sing, so that you and the world can hear; all around, unto every land and sea...

And so gently, I call your name...
Do you hear me? Will you heed my call?
Little one, I want you to know, of the wish I have for you!

These feelings inside of me, they are shining like the stars!
The sea, it rolls on into an orange sun sinking in the west
These tears of mine, they are washed away into the night...

Na na na na, na na na na...

Brock added one final flourish to conclude the song. Just then, he noticed the Pokemon, now fully healed, approaching them. "It worked!"

"Many thanks, my friend..." the Pokemon began. "You have a wonderful voice, and are equally skilled at your instrument..." It was about to say more until it saw a blue slime approaching the group out of the corner of its eye...

http://www.vgmusic.com/new-files/Paper_Mario_2_Battle_v2.mid

Ash gasped as two more slimes joined the first one, outnumbering the Pokemon three to one. "We have to help it!"

[Aqua Slime's HP: --------------------]

::May cast Bolt!::

"Strip away the ground with glistening blades! Bolt!" May commanded, sending a wave of lightning bolts at one of the slimes. The slime melted into a mushy blue pool, defeated.

::It's super effective!::

::Aqua Silme defeated!::

"Kip!" Mudkip sprayed a jet of water at the slimes, but the slimes didn't even bat an eye.

::It's not very effective...::

[Aqua Slime's HP: -------------------]

"Let me try something!" Ash leapt into the air and sliced one of the slimes...but even that didn't make the slime flinch!

[Aqua Slime's HP: -----------------]

"Wait a second..." Brock started. "How come May defeated a slime by herself, but Mudkip and Ash didn't even leave a scratch?"

"Because..." the Pokemon replied, "Slimes are resistant to physical attacks, and are weak against magic attacks."

"NOW you tell me..." Ash groaned, obviously frustrated.

"Hun...' Misty began to levitate...just in time to avoid a slime's wave of water!

::May cast Bolt!::

"Strip away the ground with glistening blades! Bolt!" May commanded, sending another wall of thunderbolts streaking at a slime.

::It's super effective!::

::Aqua Slime defeated!::

::Aqua Slime cast Water!::

"Augh!" Ash tried to run out of the way of an oncoming wall of water, but was soon submerged. He emerged from the resulting puddle coughing and sputtering.

[Ash's HP: ----------------------------]

::Brock used Taunt!::

"And now, for my next number..." Brock began, clearing his throat as he summoned his mic again.

Close your eyes tonight and wish upon a shooting star!
See it fly into a million points of light!
Every promise, hope, and prayer becomes a jeweled star!
And I believe deep inside my heart that fate, will lead us on...

The slime, panged by the singing, slid away into the darkness...

::48 EXP gained!::

::60 credits acquired!::

Misty rushed to the Pokemon's side. "Are you okay?"

"I'm all right..." the Pokemon started, but quickly perked up when he heard more slimes approaching. The look on his face changed to a look of anger...

http://www.vgmusic.com/new-files/Paper_Mario_2_Battle_v2.mid

::Rukario appeared!::

::Rukario cast Ruka Bolt!::

"RUKA BOLT!!!" the strange Pokemon cried, hurling a massive thunderbolt at the slimes. Amazingly, all three were defeated!

::72 EXP gained!::

::96 credits acquired!::

*Mudkip attack level up!*

::May learned Blind!::

"Wow..." May was impressed by the Pokemon's attack. "Thanks, Mr. Wolf, for helping us!" she laughed.

"Please, I prefer to be called Rukario, not 'Mr. Wolf.'" the Pokemon sighed, obviously embarrassed.

"Okay then...Rukario...how did you wind up here in these spooky catacombs?" Brock asked.

"I came because I wanted to help the mages solve the mystery at the Temple of Wishes." Rukario began. "But, try as I might, the young mages mistook me for a rogue, and drove me away from the temple every time I came. I almost gave up...until I discovered an entrance to these catacombs in a garden."

"And then those slimes attacked you?" Misty asked. Rukario gave an affirmative nod. "Interesting..."

"As thanks for all of you helping me out..." Rukario paused to form a small wooden flute in his paws. "I will travel with you on your quest...and this instrument is a sign of my loyalty to you."

"What is it?" Brock studied the instrument for a moment, piqued by how the wood shone in the moonlight.

"That is a magical whistle only the best mages can use." Rukario explained. "When you play it, Legendary Pokemon will haste to your aid. Don't be afraid...play." Brock eyed the whistle a little longer, lifted it to his lips, and blew a note...albeit a very weak and flat note.

"Ick." Ash covered his ears, appalled by all the squeaking Brock was making.

"Here..." and Rukario lifted his paws, making a set of odd runes appear before Brock. The first showed six black dots in a vertical line, the second showed five black dots and one white dot, then four black and two white, and so on until the last rune, which depicted the top dot as white and the others black. "These runes will help you learn to play."

"But how?" Brock protested. "It's all Greek to me."

"Wait..." May noted. "The black dots are the holes you cover with your fingers..."

"...and the white dots are the holes you leave uncovered." Ash continued. "Try playing them in order!"

"Here goes..." and Brock started to finger the patterns, paying close attention to the notes and fingerings. He played the scale several times, pleased with himself.

"Very good!" Rukario smiled. "Now try following the runes from the last to the first." Brock nodded and started coming down the scale; but hit a wrong note by accident! Hmmm... he wondered. Piqued by the interesting sound his mistake had made, he started a rousing tune...

"Pika!" Pikachu cried, skipping along to the beat. May smiled and tapped a foot to the beat, leading the applause when the song concluded.

"I'm impressed!" Ash smiled as he applauded.

"Not bad for anyone who's never had a lesson!" Misty agreed. Humbled by the applause, Brock took a sweeping bow for his makeshift audience.