PDA

View Full Version : ~§Life of a Legend: Celebi§~

lilbluecorsola
March 2nd, 2005, 12:06 PM
Here it is. =) The fic that started it all.

(^.^) This was my very first One-Shot(Well, Pokťmon based, anyway), so it's not very good. I'll post my others one at a time, in order.

Enjoy. =D

Sunlight shone down brightly upon the Ilex Forest, filtering in through the thick blanket of emerald foliage above. Streams of golden rays dappled the cool, damp earth, warming the inhabitants of the early morning chill.

The silence of dawn was broken only occasionally by the lazy, distant chirping of a Pidgey as it awoke and began seeking its breakfast, chasing the reluctant worms upon the forest floor. Droplets of reflective, glistening dew from last night's rainstorm dripped off the chartreuse leaves periodically, padding against the ground and seeping into the soil beneath the shimmering blades of grass.

Bliss.

A tiny creature flittered through the woods, streaking through the narrow forest paths, flanked on either side by the repetitive pattern of towering trees. Its wings beat at a rapid pace, allowing it to zip about swiftly. Almost like a pixie, it left behind a trail of glittering golden dust in its wake, indicating its airborne path for a short period of time. The twinkling particles remained drifting in the air before vanishing during its prolonged descent down to the earth.

It came to a stop within a small clearing, bathed in the warm sunlight permitted entrance by the sparse amount of branches extending overhead. The peculiar minute creature of olive skin hovered in place, a pair of huge, bright, cobalt optics gazing about curiously. It chirped with delight as it suddenly spied a single orange berry dangling from the branches of a nearby tree. Its translucent, faerie-like wings carried it over to the tree through the air, and its lime-green arms extended forwards tentatively to pluck the fruit from the plant.

Grinning, the pixie lifted the fruit to its lips and bit into it daintily. It smiled in content as the tangy juice trickled down its throat, and it remained still for a few moments, savoring the luscious taste.

Satisfaction.

Then, without warning, it gasped aloud, and dropped the half-eaten fruit. The berry plummeted to the earth, and rolled about upon the grass in spirals before coming to a halt. The creature itself nearly fell too, as a sudden surge of pain coursed throughout its entire body. For a split second, all it could discern was a feeling of unimaginable agony, blinding its thoughts as distorted images and visions flashed before its eyes.

And then, as suddenly as it had come, the pain was gone.

Trembling, the creature weakly managed to correct its flight, steadying its position in mid-air. As the daze slowly lifted and its mind clarified, it snapped its head up in realization.

Abruptly, it sped off in a certain direction, heading deeper into the woods. Like a bullet shot from a cannon, it streaked towards its destination. The only thing interrupting its flight were the spasmodic shots of pain that tormented it, each shock causing it to drop like a stone and then rise again the moment it could recover, like a child's yo-yo.

Torture.

At last, it seemed to have finally reached its goal, pausing at the edge of another clearing. But this one was much larger than the one the creature had just left, and appeared completely leveled of the trees that once occupied the area. All that remained of the once flourishing section of verdant plantlife was a group of flattened stumps.

The lime coloured faerie slowly continued forward, shimmering periwinkle eyes roving about as they surveyed the damage. The creature drifted to and fro from broken stems of trampled flowers, the few pale petals that had survived the assault dangling weakly from their pistils. Sadly, it would examine each before shaking its head and moving on.

Anguish.

It stalled before a patch of grass, the blades bent in a peculiar pattern. The pixie leaned forward slightly to scrutinize the symbol.

It was a bootprint.

Resentment.

Sluggishly, almost as if it had lost interest in it all, it flew towards the largest tree stump, situated within the center of the demolished site. Its petite legs alighted softly upon the center rings, and the faint humming of its wingbeats ceased.

It cast another rueful look about, gazing out at the great expanse of barren wasteland surrounding it. Shimmering aqua teardrops pricked at the corners of its eyes, threatening to fall.

Grief.

It lifted its face to the sky, two drops of salty liquid pattering against the wood, and both arms raised in a surrendering stance.

Rage.

Its jaws opened wide, and from its mouth emitted a resounding, anguished cry. It echoed throughout the entire forest, letting every being know what had just occurred. It was a message of hatred, distress, anger, desolation, bewilderment, fury, vexation, and so much more.

But most of all...

Pain.

Lily
March 2nd, 2005, 12:56 PM
Once again, I am in awe of your description.

o.o;...

Details blew me away. Period. x_x; I don't get how you do it...all your one shots are so insightful and beautifully portrayed. It makes me envious. ^_^

Either way...just wonderful. Need I repeat things? Only real advice is the use of too many adjectives for one sentence...still, I enjoyed reading it. It really is powerful within Celebi alone. Excellent job, blue.

=)

lilbluecorsola
March 2nd, 2005, 01:07 PM
Once again, I am in awe of your description.

o.o;...

Details blew me away. Period. x_x; I don't get how you do it...all your one shots are so insightful and beautifully portrayed. It makes me envious. ^_^

Either way...just wonderful. Need I repeat things? Only real advice is the use of too many adjectives for one sentence...still, I enjoyed reading it. It really is powerful within Celebi alone. Excellent job, blue.

=)

8D Yay! Thanks for reviewing Lileh! *glomps*

XP Yup. This was back when I thought description was everything. Well, no more! =O Never again shall I use the word 'optics' in a fic! Nor shall I change the shades of colors throughout the story just because I don't want to use a simple word! Nevar! 8O

XDDD Eh heh. Sorry about that. Anyhoo, thanks a lot for reviewing again. =) *Supa Lolly for her favorite writer*

Team Shadow Leader
March 2nd, 2005, 01:31 PM
once again, what a nice fic Blue. Great job, detailed...ahh. Just... too good for words :P

Chibi Pika
March 2nd, 2005, 02:57 PM
Blarg, reviewing things twice is very awkward, but hey, I'm dying here from lack of Serebii-ness. Maybe I should actually read some PC-unique fics...?

Blah, anyways, sure it's your first, but meh, better than my first. It's interesting seeing the deifferent style again, and the different plot/emotion since I'm so used to the Mew/Ho-oh chronicles. (you have so many one-shots, that that's going to be what I'll call them until you name them, cause I'm tired of referring to so many one-shots @_@) heh, I like how your style's changed over the months. Of course, the details and desciption here were excellent, even if surpassed greatly by your present writitng, IMO.

~Chibi~

Oh, and would you mind so much reading my first one-shot, Remnants? It was an old thread on Serebii, but it's new here. Thanks =)

lilbluecorsola
March 3rd, 2005, 04:21 PM
once again, what a nice fic Blue. Great job, detailed...ahh. Just... too good for words :P

=D Yay! Thank you! *Lolly*

Blarg, reviewing things twice is very awkward, but hey, I'm dying here from lack of Serebii-ness. Maybe I should actually read some PC-unique fics...?

Blah, anyways, sure it's your first, but meh, better than my first. It's interesting seeing the deifferent style again, and the different plot/emotion since I'm so used to the Mew/Ho-oh chronicles. (you have so many one-shots, that that's going to be what I'll call them until you name them, cause I'm tired of referring to so many one-shots @_@) heh, I like how your style's changed over the months. Of course, the details and desciption here were excellent, even if surpassed greatly by your present writitng, IMO.

~Chibi~

Oh, and would you mind so much reading my first one-shot, Remnants? It was an old thread on Serebii, but it's new here. Thanks =)

Chibi! =D *glompeth*

=) Thanks. This one really stunk though, compared to my current writing. Actually, my writing still stinks. XP

By the way, I'm referring to the series I'm continuing now as the 'Armageddon' fics. (^.~)

*Supa Lolly for her favorite reviewer*

Sure. (^.~)

mizu-dragon
March 4th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Wow.

I have nothing else to say.

lilbluecorsola
March 4th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Wow.

I have nothing else to say.

XD Thanks loff. *Lolly*