PDA

View Full Version : What does your username mean.¿

Anacortes
March 2nd, 2005, 05:33 PM
Didn't bother checking again..
Now I've had tones of people ask me what my username means..and I cant stand anymore! XD
Well I'll run away and solve this problem for the others first..
If this is a duplicate plz close as I said, I didn't bother checking..XD

The Fallen
March 2nd, 2005, 05:38 PM
My name jst means things that I like.They all basically have the same meaning, but I like each word individually.Plus I like the initials DSS lol.

MegaDitto
March 2nd, 2005, 05:38 PM
Your username is the name of a place right.My username means nonthing.I pikced Mega because it goes with Ditto and I picked Ditto because I like Duplica from pokemon.She is one of my favorite characters and DSS made a thread similar to this but that is way old like 2 months.

Sammi
March 2nd, 2005, 06:03 PM
My nickname is sammi-san. There's not much to explain, really. My sister likes to call me that. ^^;

Miyu-chan
March 2nd, 2005, 06:04 PM
Well, it's just a bit over 1 month. xD

Anyways, my username used to be a character from a RP that I was in. And I added -chan to make it longer (and make it seem more frendly) Though now I feel that when ppl type -chan with it, I feel like they're forced. xD

I like my username though. xD Pretty Pony~

TRIFORCE89
March 2nd, 2005, 06:06 PM
Triforce because I'm Zelda obsessed and 89 because I was born in 1989.

Dark Sora
March 2nd, 2005, 06:10 PM
My nickname means....Dark Sora XD

Sora from Kingdom Hearts...His 'dark form', as people say sometimes, is the person in my sig and avy. Since that dude rawks, I changed my name to Dark Sora. Andy (arcanine) suggested the name Dark Sora, when I asked him for a cool new name I should use

JennyPichu!
March 2nd, 2005, 06:13 PM
Jenny- My name.
Pichu- a pokemon i like.

It was easy.

Lucid-Acid
March 2nd, 2005, 06:19 PM
simple, hotaru means "firefly" in japanese, I just thought it was pwetty =3

Hantsuki
March 2nd, 2005, 06:23 PM
I am a fan of Digimon and I like Kari and Rika the most,so I put Rika's name and Kari's last name to make my username^^

Castrainer
March 2nd, 2005, 06:26 PM
Cast Trainer... Cast Rainer... Cast Rater... So many meanings, I forgot the real one~ xD

Aaron5367
March 2nd, 2005, 06:48 PM
Mine has no meaning *sob* I Wish it dose dough..

Lion Heart
March 2nd, 2005, 06:50 PM
Mine is an animal and a body organ.

I just chose it because it sounded cool.

Apparently it's from a book or something..

Sorano
March 2nd, 2005, 06:50 PM
Well, basically..."Koinu" means Puppy which is my nickname. =3 I wuv it. ^o^

~Karli

Sylphiel
March 2nd, 2005, 06:54 PM
My username just comes from an old character of mine. :P Though the name didn't have anything much to do with her species (she's a furret, and a cowrie is a kind of mollusk), but I just liked how the word looked. ^_^;;

Pogiforce-14
March 2nd, 2005, 06:58 PM
My username you can figure out in my bio on my campaign site in my sig, but for those who don't want to go to the trouble, it is basically an amalgam of different words that were the names of things I like, with my favorite number on the end. It stands for everything I like.

~Pogi for President!~

PikaPal
March 2nd, 2005, 07:01 PM
mine is easy. Pika- cause pikachu is the coolest pokemon next to Ponyta and Rapidash, and Pal- cause I have sooo many pikachu plushies and I consider myself a pikachu pal. hehe get it?

Jirachi3
March 2nd, 2005, 07:03 PM
mine represents the dif. between light and dark.Also how one being can be easily minipulated with the power and deception of a traitor.

pokedash
March 2nd, 2005, 07:35 PM
poke because I like pokemon. Dash for no reason at all.

Kylie-chan
March 2nd, 2005, 07:48 PM
Hmm, well, mine is quite simply:"

Dark_Pikachu xD

I am a Pikafan and this name is back from SPPf. ^^; And the Dark I added to make it a bit more original [it failed, haha] XD

Yoshiko
March 2nd, 2005, 07:50 PM
Yoshiko means - Good child in Japanese. ^_^ I think that it's very pretty so I used it for my username. It's also the name of one of my old RP characters. XD

Soul of Darkness
March 2nd, 2005, 07:55 PM
Well, it says how I feel about my self most of the time.

Sorye HK
March 3rd, 2005, 02:34 AM
Daegon means "live strong." It's my second name as my mum constantly opposed it.

IceKitten
March 3rd, 2005, 03:05 AM
My username means LightningTig, AIM randomly suggested it to me when I registered for AIM

Mr Cat Dog
March 3rd, 2005, 10:59 AM
If Miyu's checked, then I'm not going to bother :P

Mr -

Used as a courtesy title before the surname, full name, or professional title of a man, usually written in its abbreviated form: Mr. Jones; Mr. Secretary.
Used as the official term of address for certain U.S. military personnel, such as warrant officers.
mister Informal. Used as a form of address for a man: Watch your step, mister.
Informal. Used as a term of reference by a woman of her husband.
Cat -

A small carnivorous mammal (Felis catus or F. domesticus) domesticated since early times as a catcher of rats and mice and as a pet and existing in several distinctive breeds and varieties.
Any of various other carnivorous mammals of the family Felidae, which includes the lion, tiger, leopard, and lynx.
The fur of a domestic cat.

Informal. A woman who is regarded as spiteful.
Slang.
A person, especially a man.
A player or devotee of jazz music.

A cat-o'-nine-tails.
A catfish.
Nautical.
A cathead.
A device for raising an anchor to the cathead.
A catboat.
A catamaran.

Dog -

A domesticated carnivorous mammal (Canis familiaris) related to the foxes and wolves and raised in a wide variety of breeds.
Any of various carnivorous mammals of the family Canidae, such as the dingo.
A male animal of the family Canidae, especially of the fox or a domesticated breed.
Any of various other animals, such as the prairie dog.
Informal.
A person: You won, you lucky dog.
A person regarded as contemptible: You stole my watch, you dog.

Slang.
A person regarded as unattractive or uninteresting.
Something of inferior or low quality: “The President had read the speech to some of his friends and they told him it was a dog” (John P. Roche).
An investment that produces a low return or a loss.

dogs Slang. The feet.
See andiron (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=andiron).
Slang. A hot dog; a wiener.
Any of various hooked or U-shaped metallic devices used for gripping or holding heavy objects.
Astronomy. A sun dog.
Wow... my name could mean almost anything! XD

B-Baller
March 3rd, 2005, 11:13 AM
How can I explain my wacky username......my fave anime's main character, Kuro, is the 2nd part of my name. where did DP come from you ask? Good question, I don't know. Join the club XD j/k. DP are just random letters. Its originally spkuro, but I wanted to disguise myself from the evil (XD j/k) ppl from LPN (XD) and removed S and added D. Turns out its not a very good disguise (LanceLite recognized me.....XD)

Shining Mew
March 3rd, 2005, 01:54 PM
Well, mines easy to explain xD

I luvvvvvv Mew so I had to have Mew in it somewhere... and then when I was signing up on SPP a long time ago, I entered my email, which is SHiningstar244, so I just randomly took the SHining part and shoved it together with Mew. ShiningMew. Yay 8D

And I use this username whereever I go... so yeah.

hyrule center
March 3rd, 2005, 01:56 PM
the history......

my name stands for lavender town-creepy and 067 means my fav number.

PsiUmbreon
March 3rd, 2005, 02:04 PM
My username: basically my email address. Umbreon because I like Umbreon, and the number part... I dunno nothing special about it I just picked it because I thought it sounded cool XD

Cherrim
March 3rd, 2005, 02:34 PM
light·ning
n.

a. An abrupt, discontinuous natural electric discharge in the atmosphere.
b. The visible flash of light accompanying such a discharge.
2. Informal. A sudden, usually improbable stroke of fortune.

Actually, I chose it because "Lightning" was one of my RP characters back when I used to RP all the time in Yahoo's chatrooms. ^__^ She's a Pichu~

Eon Trainer
March 3rd, 2005, 02:42 PM
my name means im trainer that trains eon pkmn like latias

His Infernal Majesty
March 3rd, 2005, 03:00 PM
It doesn't really mean anything but yeah it has to do with Sephiroth from Final Fantasy Advent Children. ^_~

Allstories
March 3rd, 2005, 03:03 PM
When I was younger me and my friend had a site called 'All Stories All The Time!'. I used Allstories for my email address. The name stuck.

SapphireL
March 3rd, 2005, 09:08 PM
Well, I love Pokemon Sapphire and my first name begins with L so I smush it together!

SapphireL
(Sapphire-L)

jaysgba
March 3rd, 2005, 10:58 PM
My nickname means Jordan=Jay GameBoy Advance=GBA
GameBoy Advance+Jordan = JaysGba
Basically it is the name i used on my gba