PDA

View Full Version : ~§Life of a Legend: Jirachi§~

lilbluecorsola
March 4th, 2005, 12:27 PM
People seemed to like this one, although I'm not too fond of it. I wrote a better one more recently.

Hello? Is anyone here?

Am I dreaming?

I must be, since I'm asleep. I don't think I've woken up yet. It seems like it's only been around three or four hundred years, and that still leaves a long way to go. Then again, it's difficult to tell time when one isn't awake.

Who are you?

Yes, you. I know you're there, even though I can't see you. You can hear my thoughts, just like I can hear yours.

Are you asleep too?

You must be. How else could you be here? Unless I were awake, but that's not possible...

It's awfully dark in here, don't you think?

Usually it's very cold, and lonely in my sleep. I don't often have dreams, like other people do. I just sit here, in the shadows, waiting to wake up.

That's why I'm so glad you've come to visit me. You are going to stay for a while, aren't you? Please? We can be friends!

You will? Hooray! I love making new friends, although I don't often get the chance to do so. I only stay awake for seven days, once every one thousand years. That makes it difficult for me to make any lasting friendships. Even if I do get acquainted with somebody, I usually can't find them again the next time I'm awake. Sometimes I don't get to meet anyone at all during those days, and that really makes me sad.

I remember a little boy I met though, the last time I was awake. A little boy with funny glasses. Max, I think his name was. We had a lot of fun together. It was one of the best weeks in my entire life. Oh, how I wish I could see him again...

But wait. I think I remember once hearing that humans don't live as long as we do. How long do they live, do you know? Oh dear, I certainly hope he- he's not...

*sigh* Then again, even if he is still alive when I wake up, how could I ever find him again?

*sniff* I think about this stuff a lot... And it makes me feel really unhappy. Knowing I'll never be able see any of the friends I make ever again...

Wait. If you wake up before me, could you do me a favor? If you ever find Max, tell him I said 'Hi', could you?

Thank you.

*yawn* I'm feeling a bit tired now, which is odd because I'm already asleep. It's a peculiar feeling though, sort of like I'm floating...

What's that you say? I can barely hear you. Your thoughts are growing softer, drifting away...

Oh, you're waking up? Hm, that might explain how I feel like I'm the one who's fading. Perhaps I was wrong. Maybe you're the one who's dreaming about me, not the other way around...

Either way, I guess this means we'll have to say 'goodbye' for now. I feel sad that we must part, but at the same time I'm happy for you, because you get to wake up. But maybe you could dream me again sometime, and we'll get to see each other.

I feel almost invisible now, and I'm not sure if you can hear me. I suppose this is it. I can't sense you anymore. But I hope we get to see each other again someday.

Until then...

Goodnight.

Chibi Pika
March 5th, 2005, 05:14 PM
The emotions always get me on this one. They're great on all of them, but with this one, I think it's the tone or something, but I can always feel Jirachi's sadness and loneliness. Jirachi's Dream is better, but the emotions on this one, wow.

~Chibi~

lilbluecorsola
March 5th, 2005, 05:19 PM
The emotions always get me on this one. They're great on all of them, but with this one, I think it's the tone or something, but I can always feel Jirachi's sadness and loneliness. Jirachi's Dream is better, but the emotions on this one, wow.

~Chibi~

Really? Hm, that's strange. I don't feel that much when I read it myself. Meh.

Thanks for reviewing. =) *Supa Lolly*

Breezy
March 5th, 2005, 05:26 PM
I've never read this "Life of a Legend" story and I'm rather sad that I didn't earlier. I love how you portrayed Jirachi's emotion in this fic; a mixture of both happiness and loneliness. I also like all the questions he/she/it asks us at first and how he acted when he realized that we could be his friend.

You write pretty good first-person btw. :)

Good memory Jirachi has too. ^_^

Though, I'm not partically fond of the asterisks that indicate Jirachi's actions. Meh . . .

LaTeR dAyZ!

lilbluecorsola
March 6th, 2005, 07:03 AM
I've never read this "Life of a Legend" story and I'm rather sad that I didn't earlier. I love how you portrayed Jirachi's emotion in this fic; a mixture of both happiness and loneliness. I also like all the questions he/she/it asks us at first and how he acted when he realized that we could be his friend.

You write pretty good first-person btw. :)

Good memory Jirachi has too. ^_^

Though, I'm not partically fond of the asterisks that indicate Jirachi's actions. Meh . . .

LaTeR dAyZ!

(^.^) Whee, thanks a lot Breezy. Heh, maybe I just can't read emotions in my own fics. XP

I do? ^^; Thanks. I used to think I was really bad at it, but now I've grown to like first person.

(>.<) Urgh, I know. I just had no idea how I would make Jirachi's actions obvious to the reader.

*Supa Lolly*