PDA

View Full Version : The First Annual Pokemon Community Prom

Dizzy
December 20th, 2003, 06:38 PM
The First Annual Pokemon Community Prom

Hello everyone and welcome to the prom thread( prom planning thread ).

Here I wanted to set up a promish type of get together where you go with your pair-up. It Will not be a dance obviously, but we will have some events and contests such as Prom King and Queen, and other things, we currently Do not have a date for this event.

If you want to be on the prom committee please PM me,

Thank you

Dizzy

Timbjerr
December 20th, 2003, 07:55 PM
hmm...interesting idea...

I may be able to help you...mainly because you are one of my main contacts on MSN and AIM...

Cosmos
December 20th, 2003, 08:18 PM
I want to go to the prom. *askes invinible to be her prom date*

Rift
December 20th, 2003, 09:10 PM
um...*puts fingures together back and forth* if theres a prom king and queen...Andy and Soph have it in the bag! :P

punkie90
December 20th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Well. uhh. I can be on the commettee!

100marios
December 20th, 2003, 11:25 PM
I can be the guy at the punch bowl! Hit me again 100marios.......just kidding! I will just attend it hehe, I don't have a a pair up.

punkie90
December 21st, 2003, 07:59 AM
I will bring the heheheh! In the bag.. HeHeHE! Just kiddding./ I hope orangy will come with me to this! And I hope it doesn't end up like these comittees. I don't want to get in my tuxedo for nothing! LOL!

DragonTrainer
December 21st, 2003, 08:55 AM
Lol, sounds cool, but I won't attend.(No pair, and I don't want a pair)

Greed
December 21st, 2003, 10:06 AM
This sounds pretty cool ^^; Prom King and Queen? Porbably Arcanine and Soph will win ^_^ *cute*

How about we do it errr.. the day before X-Mas Eve? Cus I don't think many people can be able to come X-Mas Eve or any holidays >_<; Since people are parting instead of wandering in the internet O_o;;

*gets killed by pretty girls*

Alakazam
December 21st, 2003, 11:46 AM
um...*puts fingures together back and forth* if theres a prom king and queen...Andy and Soph have it in the bag! :P
I finally got Andy to admit he loves Soph on MSN, so those two are a match made in heaven! I vote for them!

Cosmos
December 21st, 2003, 11:52 AM
I knew it! I knew Arcaning and Soph were in luv. I can't decide between them or Orange*berry and Junichi

punkie90
December 21st, 2003, 01:06 PM
Huh, Orange* Berry told me. That they don't talk that much anymore! Thats why she like me now!!! * Smiles at Orange*berry!* * so beautiful *

Junichi
December 21st, 2003, 01:49 PM
I dont care about Orange anymore. I only love Cosmo. Cosmo. COSMO!

Rift
December 21st, 2003, 01:58 PM
I finally got Andy to admit he loves Soph on MSN, so those two are a match made in heaven! I vote for them!
Man Sophs gonna murder ya...she already told me that Andy loves her...know shes gonna kill us both!!! RRRUUUUNNNN!! *hides under the punch bowl* if Soph comes in here with a handgun and a knife...im not here! *goes back under the punch bowl*

100marios
December 21st, 2003, 07:58 PM
Hey! I'm manning the punch bowl! *hippie* Give the groovy punch its distance man. So either you take a drink than hide, or back away....*peace sign*

punkie90
December 21st, 2003, 09:05 PM
Really? Ok mario.lol! Well, is there a date for this prom?

Rift
December 21st, 2003, 09:16 PM
February 33rd! XD no....really i guess We have to ask Dizzy...LETS INTERIGATE HIM!!! *ties Dizzy to a chair* now lets play 20 questions! :P

Dizzy
December 22nd, 2003, 12:04 PM
Lol Ask me what? We still need to know if people will attend, then find a Day for it.

punkie90
December 22nd, 2003, 12:33 PM
Well, I found someone to go with my.. Orange*Berry! Well, I think we should have this party around march..

Dizzy
December 22nd, 2003, 01:01 PM
How can people do that?! Its awfully weird that A 13 year old Kid is Paired up with a 16 year old Teenage Girl... But thats just me... If no one wants to pair up with me thats fine

Rift
December 22nd, 2003, 01:09 PM
*scratches chin* i wonder if Ally'll go to the prom with me since i havnt seen JA here for a while...

igtica
December 22nd, 2003, 01:40 PM
:s oh dear...i never went to my one at the end of secondary school, and don't intend to go to the one at the end of college (haven't thought about Uni). lol it's a weird idea.....i guess the oly way i'll participate is if my partner link722 wants to...thats if he doesnt want to pair with someone else for it.

NaVeR
December 22nd, 2003, 04:38 PM
I knew it! I knew Arcaning and Soph were in luv. I can't decide between them or Orange*berry and Junichi

but soph has some boyfriend in australia...she told me 'ver msn.
she also said she doesn't like andy "in that way", just as a friend/member she's paired up with...

nonetheless i doubt any other pc couple could hold a candle to them

Frostweaver
December 22nd, 2003, 04:41 PM
but soph has some boyfriend in australia...she told me 'ver msn.
she also said she doesn't like andy "in that way", just as a friend/member she's paired up with...

nonetheless i doubt any other pc couple could hold a candle to them
yes we all know that here... but it's just something we like to simply ignore and continue to annoy the 2 of them sometimes ^_^;;

Soph
December 22nd, 2003, 05:25 PM
I finally got Andy to admit he loves Soph on MSN, so those two are a match made in heaven! I vote for them!\

*hits alakazam very hard* YOU PROMISED NOT TO TELL ANYBODY! YOU ARE SO DEAD NEXT TIME I CATCH YOU! ARGGGGGGGG!

Roxas
December 22nd, 2003, 05:42 PM
\

*hits alakazam very hard* YOU PROMISED NOT TO TELL ANYBODY! YOU ARE SO DEAD NEXT TIME I CATCH YOU! ARGGGGGGGG!

:laugh: .looks someones a dead man :laugh: .anyways, i might join the prom. but i'm waiting for ashley03....so, until then i'm...umm..... single :laugh:

Luigi-San
December 22nd, 2003, 08:48 PM
*Grabs Graffiti and Sprays "Andy + Soph" on a bridge*

*Hopes that the hottest girl on PC will take me to teh prom*

Cherrim
December 22nd, 2003, 09:02 PM
How can people do that?! Its awfully weird that A 13 year old Kid is Paired up with a 16 year old Teenage Girl... But thats just me... If no one wants to pair up with me thats fine
A thirteen year old is still a teenager. ;p And it's only 3 years difference, so it's nothing too bad anyway.

It could be like it is the entertainment industry... with people marrying other people with 30 years' difference. X_x;

Frostweaver
December 22nd, 2003, 09:06 PM
just posting here only because of Dizzy's conversation which aggravated me by a BIG shot...

so what's so important about some irrelevant number under the title of "age"? So does that mean someone can't make friends with someone because they're too far apart in terms of age, or a man can't marry with a younger girl whom he loves? There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. What's there to be 'so wrong' in people-people relationships only because of age! Like age only matters in health related issues and only. All the other time- it's as useless as post counts

TVR
December 22nd, 2003, 09:12 PM
calm down Dizzy, its not that big of a deal. its only 3 yrs. geez

Flaming Torchic
December 22nd, 2003, 09:12 PM
Well... I gotta hand it to ya Dizzy, this is by far the most origional idea I have ever seen on PC XD

Uhh... well, Jasmine is my partner, but, what do you do at this prom? Virtually dance? I dont know, this seems kinda awkward, but I might go...

Cherrim
December 22nd, 2003, 09:14 PM
Whee... look what I've done by bringing up a quote. >_>;;

Hehe... virtual dancing. It seems like a big rpg of some sort. o_o Interesting. >_>

*likes >_> for some reason tonight*

Kairi
December 22nd, 2003, 09:49 PM
Sapphire Latios and Phantom Angel must attend then. ;p

100marios
December 22nd, 2003, 10:08 PM
This prom thing really will be interesting! And since no one wants to go with me, I get to think about what kind of punch to bring! Hmm....Kool-aid? How about one of those pack things at Costco? Hmm *ponders*....what type of bowl?.....Styrafoam (I have no idea how to spell that) or plastic cups?....Anyways I'm curious to hear what's going to be in the prom!

Master Kwesi Nkromah
December 23rd, 2003, 01:55 AM
Hm... since i never liked my High School enough to go to my seinor prom, I think I'll attend this one! ;) lol
I'm home for six weeks anyway so in between being bored, working on these templates and sleeping, i guess i can do alil prom planning.
aim: call me kwesi (catch me if u can)

Hikaru's Twin
December 23rd, 2003, 03:20 AM
Well this Prom thing might be interesting or fun for that matter, but considering i've not seen Cas around much lately, i might just end up going on my own...

punkie90
December 23rd, 2003, 07:20 AM
Hmm. I'm getting anxious for it! We should quite talking about and jst plan it! Well, So I'm 13 Orang*Berry is 16. We don't care!

Cosmos
December 23rd, 2003, 10:38 AM
Well I am 15 and Inivinible according to his profile is 21. We have a bigger age difference too

Miyu-chan
December 23rd, 2003, 10:44 AM
I'll go if PokeMaster3000 goes. ;D

NaVeR
December 23rd, 2003, 11:47 AM
If I'm not on a plane while this is going on then I guess I'll go with Nina, unless she has other plans...

Arcanine
December 23rd, 2003, 01:10 PM
\

Well I see you got that PM from me.
You should have said something to Scott too. XD

Master Kwesi Nkromah
December 23rd, 2003, 02:11 PM
I'm kinda curious as to how we expect to have a dance on a forum. What events can we throw?

Call me Kwesi: lol how do you have a prom online?
Shining Arcanine: Dance next to the computer and imagine someone is dancing with you.

If this is the best we can do this is gonna be one sad event.. lol

ironman
December 23rd, 2003, 02:43 PM
i know whats dizzis prob when youre 13 youre still young i know my bro is 20 and he is dating a 23 year old so when there older it looks different to us

igtica
December 23rd, 2003, 03:13 PM
Oh dear, I feel this point should be dropped, I'm sure Dizzy didn't mean anything by it, he just voiced a personal opinion. lol Oh well no chance that Dizzy will take me to the prom though :p being 17 and everything....j/k :p soz Dizz I had to say it ;) I meant no harm *hugz*

oni flygon
December 23rd, 2003, 03:44 PM
I'll just be the guy behind the punch bowl... I wish this happened a long time ago... >.>

Rift
December 23rd, 2003, 04:02 PM
*100marios, Oni Flygon and Scott get into a brawl about who gets to be behind the punch bowl* me!!! i should!

how is this going to work? like Kwesi and SA said we can dance by the computer like idiots! :laugh:

oni flygon
December 23rd, 2003, 04:24 PM
I'm behind the punch bowl! *throws fruit at Scott and 100marios* *Gets beaten up by sticks.*

Roxas
December 23rd, 2003, 04:29 PM
If i dont go with ashley03 (if she ever says anything back), then i'll just be the guy stupid enough to drink from the pounched bowl :laugh:

Hikaru's Twin
December 23rd, 2003, 04:31 PM
Hmm..yeah i wonder how this whole Prom thing's going to work, unless we make it an RPG?

. Who knows if i'll even attend, maybe i could just be the girl behind the guy, behind the guy, behind the guy at the Punch bowl....err or not- too many people behind the Punch bowl! *is confuzzled* o.o;

oni flygon
December 23rd, 2003, 04:42 PM
Yeah, she wants to go out with the guy behind the punchbowl... *Smacks 100marios and Scott with the Punchbowl*

100marios
December 23rd, 2003, 05:31 PM
Yeah, she wants to go out with the guy behind the punchbowl... *Smacks 100marios and Scott with the Punchbowl*
Take Costco punch! It stains!
*pours on oni flygon and SL*
I had the idea first! It's mine precious!
*grabs a dipping spoon for a sword and punch bowl for a shield*
Toche!
*smacks them with spoon*

oni flygon
December 23rd, 2003, 05:41 PM
*Takes out some Cranberry juice and sprays at SL and 100Marios*

Take that... I should have done this at the food fight...

100marios
December 23rd, 2003, 06:56 PM
Mmm, cranberry juice......ahh! It's bitter!
*brings FLUDD from Super Mario Sunshine and fills it with grape juice*
I don't know if you like grape juice...but I sure don't!
*sprays it all over oni flygon and SL*
I deserve the honors of "the guy behind the punch bowl"!

Luigi-San
December 23rd, 2003, 09:45 PM
*revs up chainsaw and chases 100marios, oni flygon, and SL*

100marios
December 23rd, 2003, 09:54 PM
*revs up chainsaw and chases 100marios, oni flygon, and SL*
Hey! What 'cha doin' that for? *runs*

StarLightUmbreon
December 24th, 2003, 12:41 AM
Well a on lnie prom. I haave no idea how this will work either. Though i do remeber my high school prom. Well i went to a few proms realy. Seniors keep asking me to go.
Though i would have to ask if this prom still gonig to happen or has the idea died?

Phantom Angel
December 24th, 2003, 03:12 AM
Sapphire Latios and Phantom Angel must attend then. ;p
Oh? o.o;;;
Me and Scott must attend?
I always give an attend on anything!
*put on black glass*
*pull out guitar shaped machine gun*
Who will be first?*get some cigarette*
***NOTE TO ALL PEOPLE THAT UNDER 15 YEARS OLD***Don't mimic me, it's personal skill. ;P
*start shoot m-gun*

Purin
December 24th, 2003, 03:22 AM
*Clueless*
What are proms?
I don't think I might attend, but when's it on?

Phantom Angel
December 24th, 2003, 03:26 AM
*Clueless*
What are proms?
I don't think I might attend, but when's it on?
Only bizzare people should attend...like Kairi said. XP

Soph
December 24th, 2003, 05:04 AM
even if i wanted too, i bet i couldnt,...no event here EVER correspondes with my timezone. :(

Hikaru's Twin
December 24th, 2003, 05:17 AM
even if i wanted too, i bet i couldnt,...no event here EVER correspondes with my timezone. :(

...That's another point i never thought about, Britain's like six hours ahead of central time in the States...

Purin
December 24th, 2003, 05:22 AM
Same for me too. In fact everyone that joins PC comes from around the globe.

Miyu-chan
December 24th, 2003, 10:26 AM
I understand how you guys feel... (It used to be that way for me too.) :/ If I were still in Taiwan, I would wake up extra early to particapate. n_n;;;;

100marios
December 24th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Oh? o.o;;;
Me and Scott must attend?
I always give an attend on anything!
*put on black glass*
*pull out guitar shaped machine gun*
Who will be first?*get some cigarette*
***NOTE TO ALL PEOPLE THAT UNDER 15 YEARS OLD***Don't mimic me, it's personal skill. ;P
*start shoot m-gun*
*Puts on cape majestically and grabs Anduril*
LOTR is better than Matrix!
*slashes gun in half*
Oh, and no smoking! It's bad!
*Slashes cigarette right in front of his nose hehe*

Dizzy
December 24th, 2003, 03:04 PM
Sophie It would be an All Day Thingy, Anyone can Attend. With a Date, or with no date. Everyone can attend lol. Kairi can be our Chaperone if she isnt going with anyone.

Kairi
December 24th, 2003, 06:34 PM
As frosty so well put, Id have to be a supervisor not chaperone unless I get married very quickly. @_@:

Cherrim
December 24th, 2003, 06:54 PM
chaperon or chaperone

A person, especially an older or married woman, who accompanies a young unmarried woman in public.
An older person who attends and supervises a social gathering for young people.
A guide or companion whose purpose is to ensure propriety or restrict activity: to see and feel the rough edges of the society... without the filter of official chaperones (Philip Taubman).

Attends and supervises. =P You'll still fit the definition, Kairi. XD

edit: Closing tags often helps, don't you think? o_O;

Kairi
December 24th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Im not that old yet o.o; but you can do it! *pushes you into it* Everyone, meet the official chaperone for the official first annual Pokmon Community prom, Lightning! Yay! >_>

Cherrim
December 24th, 2003, 07:04 PM
You're older than I am. ;p

oO; A little off topic, but for some reason, people like volunteering me for things without consulting me. Even in real life. It's weird since it's always me. XD

Kyosuke
December 24th, 2003, 11:11 PM
A PokeCommunity Prom eh? If this was back in September-November when I was in my prime XP, I would come but seeing how my computer time has been drastically cut, I might be able to but stay for a very short amount of time.

oni flygon
December 25th, 2003, 01:57 AM
lol I'm not even old enough for a prom too... (4 more years XD) maybe, this is just experience...

*knocks back Phantom Angel's chainsaw* hah!

Soph
December 25th, 2003, 06:12 PM
heh, i cant dance anyway....

*starts to attemt to dance with Andy. soph steps on andy's foot by accident*
*andy hops around yelling*
*sophs steps backwards, trips and lands on her butt*

oops....sorry andy!

100marios
December 25th, 2003, 08:48 PM
*Trys...not...to...laugh.....thinks...something .....bad....will....happen....to.....him....if....he...laughs......("hehe" for trademark purposes only and is in no way, a laugh, chuckle, giggle, or any combination of the 3 in this post....."hehe")

Wings
January 7th, 2004, 02:47 PM
ok......(is creeped out by 100marios)so when is the next prom?(eventhough i'm also 4 years to young to go to the school prom)*wimpers*oh, Soph don't feel bad-i can't dance that well ether.(sad, but true)

-Wings

Roxas
January 7th, 2004, 03:51 PM
when the heck is the freakin' prom :laugh: ? whenever it is, i'll go with the one, the only, Wings! :laugh:

*starts dancing*
I'm dancing!
I'm dancing!
*gets punched in the face*
hey!why di u do th-.....wait a minute. it didnt hurt
Man: of course it didnt hurt u moron! this is a frakin' dream! ( :laugh: )
S**T!!( :laugh: )

100marios
January 7th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Oh yeah! I'm creeping someone out! All right!
Ok, now how am I supposed to go with Juinchi? That's going to be rather strange hehe.

Kayleigh
January 7th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Gah, I've never been to a prom or anything in my life! x_x; But that comes with being homeschooled. *kicks everyone away from the punch bowl and sits on the table*

100marios
January 7th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Noo!! My table!
*swipes table*
My punch!
*swipes punchbowl, but as to be expected, spills the punch all over himself*
Aw man! This stuff stains!....at least the table is mine hehe.

StarLightUmbreon
January 7th, 2004, 04:36 PM
ummm when is this going to be any way? This thread has been up for a while now and still nothing has happened yet or have i missed it???

Kayleigh
January 7th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Noo!! My table!
*swipes table*
My punch!
*swipes punchbowl, but as to be expected, spills the punch all over himself*
Aw man! This stuff stains!....at least the table is mine hehe.
Well, that's what you get for trying to steal something from a girl. *makes a weird ninja pose then kicks 100marios clear across the room* J/K, lol. XD *goes back over to sit on the table*

And well, apparently the thing hasn't started yet... Dizzy needs to give us a time. ^_^;

DragonTrainer
January 7th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Lol, I won't be going(Pairs only...I don't have a pair, nor do I want one)But, seems like a good idea to everybody who has a pair.Have fun you guys

100marios
January 7th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Well, that's what you get for trying to steal something from a girl. *makes a weird ninja pose then kicks 100marios clear across the room* J/K, lol. XD *goes back over to sit on the table*

And well, apparently the thing hasn't started yet... Dizzy needs to give us a time. ^_^;
*crawls out of a hole on the wall where Kayleigh kicked me into*
Well, you can't argue with that logic!
*gets up, stumbles, but gets own table*
I got my own now so there! Hehe.
*sits on the table too*

Roxas
January 7th, 2004, 06:42 PM
now to use my attacks....like the AMAKEKERU RYU NO HIRAMEKI!!

*does amakekeru ryu no hirameki on 100marios*
now it's my table!*100marios gets back up*
now u've made me mad!*flips sword to sharp part of the blade and does kusu ryu sen using the sharp side*
*100marios is lying on the floor in little pieces*
now u wont get up.....

100marios
January 8th, 2004, 12:51 PM
The walka kushu whatta what?
*walks up to Kenshin*
Aggresive! Don't hurt my dummies with that toothpick!
*grabs sword and breaks it*
And this here table is mine! My own! Hehe
*sits back onto table*

Geometric-sama
January 10th, 2004, 02:45 AM
Scott, I've been around but since I'm in school holidays I'm not allowed to be online very much. But if you wanna ask Ally... humph. *looks around for another date* Fine then! Go pair up with Ally! See if I care! *cries*

Um... can we do the prom at a time when I'm around? I'm rarely allowed online, so... yeah.

Cas
January 10th, 2004, 01:06 PM
I nominate Junicha (Eli) and Cosma as best couple. (drinks punch with Hikaru's Twin and his RL gf)

Junichi
January 10th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Uh whos Cosmosis? Im going with 100mario BTW.

John Denver
January 10th, 2004, 06:44 PM
What, are we gonna be virtually dancing or something?

*scuse me, I gotta go to the powder room to fix my dress*

WHAT!?!!? WHAT!?!?!

yep...sides, I don't see moonlight anywhere :( :(

boo hoo....

Geometric-sama
January 12th, 2004, 04:37 AM
Virtual dancing sounds about right.

Well, if Scott doesn't want to go with me... *looks around*

John Denver
January 12th, 2004, 04:45 AM
well, if no one else is going to

*starts break dancing and running into things*

b-b-b-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o y-y-y-a-a-!-!-!

Arcanine
January 12th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Does any one know when this thing is going to start. And what on earth do we do it in?

Kairi
January 12th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Ummno idea? I dont think most people even have a date for it yet. @_@;

Arcanine
January 12th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Ummno idea? I dont think most people even have a date for it yet. @_@;
Well Dakota is over there dancing with some one or something O_O. XD
I get what we do, what dance? With what the computer? XD

Kayleigh
January 12th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Yeah, I guess so. ._. *goes off to buy a square-shaped suit to fit her computer* Wait, no! I don't want to do this! *runs off*

100marios
January 12th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I guess so. ._. *goes off to buy a square-shaped suit to fit her computer* Wait, no! I don't want to do this! *runs off*
All right! All mine!
*takes table Kayleigh was sitting on*
Now I have both my tables! Hehe...
*connects tables*
I guess I'm ready for punch now! And or'derves!

John Denver
January 12th, 2004, 06:56 PM
So I dance with the computer eh?

*grabs the disk drive and gets busy*

BOO ya!

Dizzy
January 12th, 2004, 07:56 PM
We need a Day for this, Preferrably a Weekend Day ( basically Saturday ) :)

Kayleigh
January 13th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Yeah! ^_^ Maybe you should extend it to two days though, since most people can't get on at the same time as their pair.

Roxas
January 13th, 2004, 12:05 PM
NO!! NOT A WEEKEND!!!i'mnever online during the weekends.....

Dizzy
January 13th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Why should we have a prom? I mean, its not like Its actually going to happen anyways. An Online Prom is cool and all and Its a great Dream but Dreams never come true, I know that for a Fact.

Tweak
January 13th, 2004, 01:38 PM
:cross-eye mmmm, its hard to get everyone online at the same time for a party. i just enjoy the food. =D

Kayleigh
January 13th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Why should we have a prom? I mean, its not like Its actually going to happen anyways. An Online Prom is cool and all and Its a great Dream but Dreams never come true, I know that for a Fact.
Dizzy, please don't start being hard on yourself now. Having a prom will be fun, and it was a great idea that you thought of. I think we still need to have it.

Dizzy
January 13th, 2004, 03:31 PM
:) We still need a Day, Kayleigh, as moderator of the Other Chat, Can I ask you to ask the Staff to reserve us a day?

New Idea!!! If anyone wants to ask anyone to the prom, they can :)

Kayleigh
January 13th, 2004, 03:33 PM
That's the spirit! ^_^ I'll make sure to ask the others about it then. Give me a date that you would like, and I'll ask them for you, okay?

100marios
January 13th, 2004, 03:34 PM
That's the spirit Dizzy! Hehe, I'm kinda interested in this prom thing, it was a good idea!....hmm?! We both said "that's the spirit"...that's new hehe.

Dizzy
January 13th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Hmm Maybe

Friday
January 23rd, 2004
5:00Pm EST

Alternate Day

Friday
January 30th 2004
5:00 PM EST

Kayleigh
January 13th, 2004, 04:10 PM
That's the spirit Dizzy! Hehe, I'm kinda interested in this prom thing, it was a good idea!....hmm?! We both said "that's the spirit"...that's new hehe.
Lol, I noticed. XD And okay Dizzy, I'll let them know about those dates.

22sa
January 13th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Hmm Maybe

Friday
January 23rd, 2004
5:00Pm EST

Alternate Day

Friday
January 30th 2004
5:00 PM EST
I have final/midterm exams up until the end of this month, so can this be on the 30th Dizzy?

Kayleigh
January 13th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Ooh, then I guess I'll have to change the notice to the mods also, if Dizzy agress to make it the 30th. Though, I'm still waiting for a response from the others to OK the date.

Dizzy
January 13th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Sure,I just remembered about Finals here too ( Stupid Finals ), Yah the 30th because I need my free Weekend to study... :) Thank you Moderator Kay!

22sa
January 13th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Sure,I just remembered about Finals here too ( Stupid Finals ), Yah the 30th because I need my free Weekend to study... :) Thank you Moderator Kay!
...You too?! Hmm, I guess it's because we both goto giant schools. :P

Dizzy
January 13th, 2004, 05:16 PM
I hate these tests, they take forever, I have to stay in my Testing Area for like 2 hours I hope it doesnt take long lol, I have plans!

DragonTrainer
January 13th, 2004, 06:14 PM
So, it'll be the 30th?Sounds cool, but I won't be here XD

Lol, I dislike test week too....

Geometric-sama
January 14th, 2004, 03:33 AM
Oh no! I can't make it on a Friday US time, because I'm not allowed online! Can we do it over the whole weekend, maybe? Friday through Sunday?

Now I really need a date. *goes off to PM Scott*

Kairi
January 14th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Its in sixteen days huh? I guess that will give us some time to think up activities or something.

Are you still going to do that Andy and Soph win award? I mean prom king and queen. =X

Kayleigh
January 14th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Lol. XD And also, is this just for the pairs, or can anyone go with anyone? Because if so then members need to start picking out a date! *pokes everyone*

Roxas
January 14th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Dizzy said to ask anyone you want.....i dunno who i'm gonna ask....i dont even know if i'm gowing :laugh: . but i should be online all day after school on the 30th....unless i have to go somewhere. but....i'm still gonna ask someone....most likely to be wings....

EDIT: i just asked Wings, and she said she'll go with me! :laugh: .looks like i got my ....er....date..

Dizzy
January 14th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Anyone can go with anyone, I want to make it fair for everyone. Yes Kairi, would you and Kayleigh like to be on my prom Committee? It would certainly be of help :).

Arwen
January 14th, 2004, 04:02 PM
We are orgainizing it in the lounge... Well, the staff team is basicly figuring out when it should be on so it won't conflict the Get-Togeter.

Dizzy
January 14th, 2004, 04:15 PM
So does that mean I can't plan my own Prom?

Frostweaver
January 14th, 2004, 04:16 PM
think they're just talking about the date of it so it won't crash head on with the get-together that the mods are planning... so I think you're free about your Prom just not the date ^_^;

Arwen
January 14th, 2004, 04:37 PM
No, just finding a day to do it on.... a offical set date....

nothing with planing.

Dizzy
January 14th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Oh, Okay Thank you :). So If anyone wants to join the Prom Committee Than please let me know, I would be Honored.

Cherrim
January 14th, 2004, 05:39 PM
What exactly does the prom committee do? ^_^; (Sorry if it's already been asked, but I guess it's time for a refresher then anyway as the topic IS 5 pages xD)

Dizzy
January 14th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Well, basically on the Committee, we'll take the time to make a setup for the prom, choose the events, and other cool stuff, Any Ideas will be taken into consideration. So we could use the ideas.

100marios
January 14th, 2004, 06:12 PM
How about.....the unfunny jokes hour!
*hears crickets chirpping*
....see! It's working like a charm and it's not even the prom yet!
Just kidding! Definitely forget that event! Hehe....
Well, I've never been to a real prom before, much less be able to find a...uh...(oh whatever!) date for one anyway! I'm sure the commitee could use some help from those with experience, that is if the actual proms aren't too boring.

Dizzy
January 14th, 2004, 06:15 PM
I dont even have a committee yet so we can't even plan lol.

Frostweaver
January 14th, 2004, 07:30 PM
regardless of how many dictionary I checked, I never understood the definition of a prom ^_^;;

Better start grabbing people for the Prom Committe Dizzy... the mod consul is already planning a "due date" for this... better get working hard Dizzy ;p

Arwen
January 14th, 2004, 08:01 PM
This what we got so far...

The Prom will be a 2 day event... I think it's on the 29 at 12:00 AM to 30 at 12:00 AM in January... That what I heard, but no offical set date.

I'm not sure I am going to be there... because of midterms...

Frostweaver
January 14th, 2004, 08:18 PM
well not like I will go with or without midterm that day, but the 29th is my last midterm so ^______________________^ (smilie Carol style XD). The prom regardless of how unlikely I'll know what to do in it sounds like a good celebration for end of midterm. Then again... actually I'll go play 8 and hunt down my last remaining GFs that I'm missing instead, sorry! ^_^

Kayleigh
January 15th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Okay Dizzy, here are the times that we've come up with, that seem best. Tell me what you think:

Start:

Friday, January 30, at 4:00 PM Central Time

End:

Saturday, January 31, at 8:00 PM Central Time

Also, tell me the kinds of events and things that you're planning, and also if you're looking for some staff, because I'll make an announcement for you. ^_^ By the way, I'd be glad to join the prom commitee.

Dizzy
January 15th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Totally Kay :), Sounds great, now lets add to the calendar and everyone mark those two days on your reminders :)

Kayleigh
January 15th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Okay! ^_^ But first, give me a list of the jobs that you were thinking of giving people, because then I'll list it on the announcement and you may get more applications. Is that okay?

Dizzy
January 15th, 2004, 11:57 AM
I need people to help me on the setup of the prom, then I need people for the events, and a group for other things a prom might have, I need one artist to make a prom Picture. and I need one reviewer for the newspaper to write an article about the prom/ :) thank you Kay for helping me.

Kayleigh
January 15th, 2004, 12:00 PM
You're welcome. ^_^ Now, did you want to write something for me to quote in the announcement, or should I just type my own description?

Dizzy
January 15th, 2004, 12:14 PM
You can Do it if you want, if not you can use this list :)

Prom Committee Helpers needed

We need people to work on the pokecommunity prom commmitiee, we would really appreciate if you would help us. Please Contact Dizzy or Kayleigh if you are interested.

we need people who can plan a setup for the prom, a theme for the prom, and prepare a set of guidelines for the prom.
we need people who can do the events for the prom
we need one artist who can make us a prom picture that goes along with the prom theme
we also need a newspaper reviewer to write an article for the PC newspaper

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Kayleigh
January 15th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Alright, thanks. ^_^ I'll add that too, and maybe add or change a couple of things if you don't mind. *runs off to post the announcement*

flygonruler1
January 15th, 2004, 07:25 PM
I can plan a setup for the prom, a theme for the prom, and prepare a set of guidelines for the prom.
if ya need me to

I need a date and to be paired ya know it?

Frostweaver
January 15th, 2004, 07:29 PM
you don't have to go with your pairup so no need to be "official" in these things. ^_^;
Plus it's just a party... Unfortunately Dizzy you know that FF8 > Party to me ._.' But either way I hope that you guys in PC will have a nice day and have a fun time in the prom ^_^

Kairi
January 15th, 2004, 07:38 PM
What would have happened if Squall had stayed home to play games instead of going to the SeeD thingie where he met Rinoa? Hmm? =P

Looks like it will do well though. ^_^

Frostweaver
January 15th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Actually not much will change as Cid will dispatch Squall to Rinoa later... so just a matter of time as for the first impression issue =p

Hmm... hope that the committee will be established quickly as there's only 2 weeks of time left before the prom starts (i remember the date so well... date of prom = last day of midterm ._.')

Kairi
January 15th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Actually not much will change as Cid will dispatch Squall to Rinoa later... so just a matter of time as for the first impression issue =p

Hmm... hope that the committee will be established quickly as there's only 2 weeks of time left before the prom starts (i remember the date so well... date of prom = last day of midterm ._.')Its actually very important in the ending, but were getting off topic. =P

I hope testing wont hurt the date of the prom, it seems like it wont for the majority of people. So, will people just ask the person they want to take in PMs, or this topic? Forgive me if this was already said. ^_^;

Frostweaver
January 15th, 2004, 07:51 PM
nothing was said about that actually... it's just any way of communication that you want. Ask whoever you want to attend to the prom with you via pm or this topic, even DCC perhaps...

I think the majority of midterms are over for most people... If that's the case it'll be a good celebration for the "end of midterms" which will double this prom's meaning... but still... what's "prom?" ^_^; i looked up dictionaries for it but can't really find much of a meaning for it...

Dizzy
January 15th, 2004, 07:56 PM
PM's IM's, any means of communication Via the Internet is acceptable :)

Kayleigh
January 16th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Okay, I'm about to post the announcement up. ^_^ Also, I'll make a thread in Mixed Art to notify any artists that would like to make the Prom picture.

Dizzy
January 16th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Wait Kay!!! Before that we need a Prom Theme.

I've though of a couple prom themes, anyone can vote for which prom theme they would like. :)

Look at these to determine which theme you would like better. Take note that I named them after songs ^_^.

Moonlight Shadow Prom Theme
Basically this Prom theme will encorporate nightish elements, using pokemon like Solrock and Lunatone, Clefairy and other Space pokemon, we can make a prom theme that looks really cool :).

Butterfly and Bumblebee Prom Theme
Using light colors like Light greens, and Blues, and Yellows, we can make a great prom theme. Pokemon will be Butterfree, Beedrill, Beautifly, and other's of the same classification. We just have to draw them really mellow and show their beauty.

Calypso Prom Theme
This Prom theme will be rather easy, therefore, probably being the fastest prom theme to put together. Making sort of a Beach-theme prom with pokemon like, Squirtle, Pikachu, and Other pokemon.

The Golden Prom Theme
This Prom theme would probably be the best out of all of them. Using Regal Colors like Gold and Silver, and other colors, and using pokemon like all the legendary's in their "beauty" positions, This prom theme would probably be the most Fancy.

So everyone Pick so that we know what were doing but you only have Until Sunday 5pm EST to Choose so please be quick..

Kayleigh
January 16th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Ooh, okay. ^_^; I didn't. Anyways, I like the last three choices. They all seem like they would be fun or interesting to have.

Dizzy
January 16th, 2004, 12:15 PM
I like the Moonlight Shadow and Bumblebee and Butterfly ones the most... Kayleigh you make the Art thread and I'll wait for the people for the committee, If we don't get people for the committee than we can't have the prom.

punkie90
January 16th, 2004, 04:59 PM
I like the Golden. It seems beter as a first prom . You know what I mean. It's not colipso!!! XD!

Yamichu
January 16th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Golden sounds cool... but so does Moonlight... I think I like golden the best though...

Miyu-chan
January 16th, 2004, 08:03 PM
I like the Butterfly & Bumblebee one and the Beach one. n_n

Geometric-sama
January 16th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Can we *please* have it going over to Sunday as well? So I can make it?

Cosmos
January 17th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Yay, its good to be back. Hopefully it can stay that way.

*dances with Junichi*

Junichi: Ow! You stepped on my foot!
Cosmo: Sorry.
Junichi: Ow! You did it again!
Cosmo: Sorry, not a good dancer really.

Dizzy
January 17th, 2004, 11:34 PM
I can already tell that the prom won't be very popular, seeing how many people actually looked at the announcement--12 I looked at it three times. Not Many people voted the poll So i guess bumblebee andButterfly wins..

100marios
January 17th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Yay, its good to be back. Hopefully it can stay that way.

*dances with Junichi*

Junichi: Ow! You stepped on my foot!
Cosmo: Sorry.
Junichi: Ow! You did it again!
Cosmo: Sorry, not a good dancer really.
Hehe, well I guess depending on which Juinchi is at the Prom, I might come.....dateless I suppose. *rubs back of head*
I might have to ask someone else too just in case.....I don't know...

Junichi
January 18th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Hehe, well I guess depending on which Juinchi is at the Prom, I might come.....dateless I suppose. *rubs back of head*
I might have to ask someone else too just in case.....I don't know...
Me and my sister are going to the prom. Well take turns dancing.

H.A.W.K.
January 18th, 2004, 10:26 AM
I'm just gunno go solo if I can't find someone to come with me!~But shurely I will find someone. You all know me.. ehh. LOL! XDXD!

Dizzy
January 19th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Eliminate the Poll, It's Monday and we gave people an Extra day to vote... we're having the Bumblebee and Butterfly Prom.. Hope everyone can make it.

igtica
January 19th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Gosh I haven't looked at this in ages....not sure if its worth me trying to make it, but for interest sake can you give me an update on what's happened in brief?

Dizzy
January 19th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Sure Iggy, if you havent seen the Announcement at the top of the Other chat than maybe you could look at that :)

Geometric-sama
January 19th, 2004, 07:28 PM
So do you reckon we can go over three days? I know I'm being repetitive and annoying here, but I really want to go.

Arwen
January 19th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Making the Prom 3 days will definally make the PC Get-Togeter a sellout... I don't think it's a good idea to do it for 3 days, because the Get-Togeter 4 will be on 3 days... and people may not want to attend the get-togeter, which can lose 2x the posts that PC Despritely need

Dizzy
January 20th, 2004, 11:26 AM
If the staff thinks that It should be three days but if not than I can't argue... Sorry JA..

Sapphire Titan
January 20th, 2004, 05:16 PM
YEa, yeah, I'm paired, up, I just need to know, WHEN IS IT?

..please...

Dizzy
January 20th, 2004, 05:31 PM
The Announcement is at the Top of this Forum.. :)

Arwen
January 22nd, 2004, 04:32 PM
Dizzy, We can use the Chat system instead of posting at PC... it would make it easier to make it that way....

Because it's harder to do it on the forums.

Geometric-sama
January 23rd, 2004, 10:24 PM
That's OK, I will try to get online during the prom. I should be able to get an hour or two.

22sa
January 24th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Dizzy, We can use the Chat system instead of posting at PC... it would make it easier to make it that way....

Because it's harder to do it on the forums.
Then I wouldn't come to this prom. :P

Roxas
January 24th, 2004, 06:59 PM
yup! prom + chat room = not comming. :laugh: if we do it on the chat thing, then i wont come.....

Arwen
January 24th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Does everything has to be on the forums????

Why does it has to be that way when you know it's going to be very confusing and fustrating when you have to post it on the forums. Do you care if PC become slower?

>_<... sorry...

22sa
January 24th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Does everything has to be on the forums????

Why does it has to be that way when you know it's going to be very confusing and fustrating when you have to post it on the forums. Do you care if PC become slower?

>_<... sorry...
Then the prom becomes a failure of course (until enough people leave!! XD). Heh, remember the server was extremely slow on both the 1st and 2nd Get-Togethers but it made a HUGE, lasting, "get up from the ground" right after the passing slowness. =P

Arwen
January 24th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Yeah, but the Get-Togeter was a big post maker.... atleast...

but, I don't think a server like this can handle alot of activty because it uses alot of resources.

and a Prom is far more confusing on a forums...

and 1 thing.

POSTS DON'T MATTER.... DON'T GET POST NUMBER GREEDY!

22sa
January 24th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Yeah, but the Get-Togeter was a big post maker.... atleast...

but, I don't think a server like this can handle alot of activty because it uses alot of resources.

and a Prom is far more confusing on a forums...

and 1 thing.

POSTS DON'T MATTER.... DON'T GET POST NUMBER GREEDY!
Which sadly makes those resources a liability... :\ :P

Arwen
January 24th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Lol... it doesn't matter... but wouldn't PC would use all that bandwidth before the end of january because of the prom.. if it's on the forums.

:o

Arwen
January 24th, 2004, 07:29 PM
And make it more confusing, Carol????

Why would you dance on a forum if everyone is just typing on their keyboards... that makes NO sense.

Kyosuke
January 24th, 2004, 07:33 PM
To put my 2 cents in XP

Realistically it would be a whole lot easier on a chat room because when you have major posting such as a PC Get Together, it can become very cunfusing when people keep posting and posting, and its hard to keep track on whats going on.

Arwen
January 24th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Atleast it would make more sence then typing on a post..

it would be insane dancing with a post... eh?

Arwen
January 24th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Yeah, but you still get the point still...

The moderators and s-mods will be half oped so they can montor and kick out troublemakers.

Arwen
January 24th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Yes, we can... just kick and ban... (a timed ban)...

Well, I doubt anyone will flame though.

Arwen
January 24th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Chatroom... Less confusing, less server usage, PC would be faster, and etc.

Arwen
January 24th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Yes, People would be on... Carol...

I highly doubt noone will be on that that..

Dizzy
January 24th, 2004, 08:23 PM
You guy's can do it on the Chat, but then I won't be here. The whole point was for it to be on the board, but if you guys don't want it than that's your decision :)

100marios
January 24th, 2004, 08:27 PM
You guy's can do it on the Chat, but then I won't be here. The whole point was for it to be on the board, but if you guys don't want it than that's your decision :)
!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!
That won't do! This is Dizzy's idea after all! He deserves to be at the Prom more than anyone else!

Dizzy
January 24th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Nah, The Prom is for everyone else, I won't really have an Affect being here anyways lol :).

If they want to do the chat thing why not, I know that I won't be here for the chat seeing that the Chat thing and I are not Compatible.. or maybe i don't have the proper plug-in... Whatever, What I'm trying t say is that the whole thing was planned for the Board, the Prom theme, The Prom Picture and The Couples and Dates that will be here.. It is to be a great experience :)

Obrigada

22sa
January 24th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Um...what? o___O x__X

Well, if a flame war or something like that started in a chatroom no one would be able to stop it, and the whole event would end. I just thought of that. o___O

(I wonder what's wrong with me today, all the o_O)
Yea... And putting it in a chatroom is like suggesting it's worthless and should be put down, to me, I don't know why...

Also, we want this to be a PC thing, right? So let's just keep it to the members who are at least willing to make an account and post...

Arwen
January 24th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Dizzy, theres a another way to get on...

Just download mIRC 6.1.2 and add the server

irc.atomicchat.net

and type your email, and your nick.

After you log on, type /join #pokemon_community..

100marios
January 24th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Nah, The Prom is for everyone else, I won't really have an Affect being here anyways lol :).

If they want to do the chat thing why not, I know that I won't be here for the chat seeing that the Chat thing and I are not Compatible.. or maybe i don't have the proper plug-in... Whatever, What I'm trying t say is that the whole thing was planned for the Board, the Prom theme, The Prom Picture and The Couples and Dates that will be here.. It is to be a great experience :)

Obrigada
Aw, but I would feel bad if you didn't come.....
I guess I couldn't go either, chat doesn't work for me too.
Oh, and my dad really doesn't want me downloading anything on this computer.
I suppose this is one event I won't be attending......oh well.....

Dizzy
January 24th, 2004, 08:43 PM
I don't really mind how it's done... I'm not downloading any Software for now until I get my new computer (after March). I like Carol's Idea lol... Threads work Better of-course just because I don't want to waste PC's Events, because if it is going to be a bad event, than a good event like the 4th Get Together could have been held.. :)

Arwen
January 24th, 2004, 08:52 PM
I get it... You just need a java plugin... >_<

Just install the java thing... (1.41 MB) and it would make the java thing work
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

o.o

Dizzy
January 25th, 2004, 06:35 PM
All I want to say is that the Prom will not be done over the chat and I wont use the chat either, If the Prom is done by the Chat then whatever.

Arwen
January 25th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Well, mostly some people agree...

Less server usage, faster PC...

If you use all our banthwidth up, theres no PC intil February 1st

Dizzy
January 25th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Fine, then if most members want it to be over Chat then let it.. I won't be attending then. :)

Arwen
January 25th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Well, we have to find out the results before voting on it...

When the stats gets to 5 days, we are ready to vote.

Dizzy
January 25th, 2004, 06:55 PM
I say we vote now because I still need to find out to see who's going. Almost like a Guest Log but for the prom. Also I made this little stupid poem up for the prom

In The Garden
In the garden you can find butterfly's and bumblebee's
You can find you, you can find me.
You can find all these things in a garden.
Butterfly, Bumblebee, You and Me.....

Yes that was really stupid continue... :)

Dizzy
January 28th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Sorry for the Double-Post but this is very important. Mainly because I thinkt hat the prom is going to be a disaster. We don't have our prom picture and no one might even go. This was supposed to be an important event but I see its just going to die out. Oh well I tried didnt I? :)

100marios
January 29th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Don't you worry Dizzy! I'll be there! I heard from a very reliable source, that the Prom is going to be on a thread, not chat. If those are the terms, than I can go! No problem at all anymore! I am actually kinda excited Dizzy! I liked this idea and I can't wait to attend!

Frostweaver
January 29th, 2004, 08:04 PM

*wonder how is this going to die? He just got a formal PM invitation too... sounds like things aren't even close to chaotic but are rather going nicely instead*