PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon... a fading fad?!?

MewtwoMaster
December 21st, 2003, 03:25 AM
Is it? I recently read a news article that stated recent studies showed that Pokemon is slowly dying. But could it?!? Now there are headlines like: Kids Sell Pokemon Collection, Yu-Gi-Oh Replaces Pokemon, and the worst...
Anti-Pokemon Websites Take #1 Spot.

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *Huff, Puff* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :'(

Would it, could it, have be chipped when we weren't looking? Will that chip be a scar, or will it tear down the tower of Pokemon forever???

POKEMON 4EVER!!!

orange*berry
December 21st, 2003, 03:57 AM
In America, Pokemon was nothing more than a fad. It died out years ago, and you can never seem to find anyone else who likes it.

You can still try to convince your friends that Pokemon is a good thing. n.n- All of my friends are Pokemon fans that didn't care for it for a few years, but then I got them interested again. It really caters to everyone, so it's not so difficult to get into.

Sayuri no Hoshi
December 21st, 2003, 05:01 AM
And orange*berry is right again! ^_^ True, Pokemon was nothing more than a fad in the United States. I think it reached its peak in 2000-2001 when the Johto Journeys season premiered on KidsWB. It just dwindled down after that. And when Yu-Gi-Oh! came into the scene, it became the new fad that was similar to Pokemon because of the "monsters" to collect. Some nervy kid asked a question at Pokemon.Com that he'd bring people to like Pokemon again if they gave him all the stuff he wanted. They replied back saying that Pokemon never died and it's still alive. In a way, they're right. Japan has four Pokemon Centers going and there were huge, HUGE lines waiting to get in when the one in Fukuoka had its grand opening. Also, KidsWB still is playing the new Pokemon episodes--if it had really died in kids' (or the young at heart!) interests, they would've removed it from line-up immediately. I've seen shows that haven't lasted too long at all on KidsWB. Anywho, that's my two cents added in. ^_^

Kairi
December 21st, 2003, 07:49 AM
This belongs in Pokmon General. ^_^; *moved*

Timbjerr
December 21st, 2003, 08:33 AM
pokmon is dead?

I knew it was no longer in the Lycos top 50 (which was its initial gauge of success) but when did Anti-pokmon websites take the top spot?

I blame the anime...it has convinced the minds of people who were once neutral to pokmon that the world of pokmon is one big kiddie playtime. I also think the success of the TCG was a big factor too...people finally saw how stupid (and expenxive) it was to collect them, and now the actual game involved isn't as fun anymore (thanks to yu-gi-oh).
In fact, the only real good property of the pokmon merchandise are the video games (Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Stadium 1&2, Colosseum NOT Pinball, Snap, Hey you Pikachu, or Pokmon Channel)

Ideally people think that pokmon is only for little kids because of all the kiddie happenings in the TV show...little do they know all the deep intricacies of the pokmon video games...the stuff that makes pokmon cool...

punkie90
December 21st, 2003, 08:36 AM
Well. I'm 100 % with Orangy! She is corrct! I ghave the smae prblems with my friends!

Greed
December 21st, 2003, 11:03 AM
Yep, Pokemon is fading O_o; I read another article too

Yu-Gi-Oh replaces Pokemon?! YESSS! Okay, I admit it.. I like Yu-Gi-Oh a whole lot better, I dunno, I think cus it has hotter guys and chicks *yes I have a crush on all the guys there except Kaiba* he he he.. ^^;

I have to admit it, Pokemon is childish.. :p And I started to hate it some few months ago.. -_-; Not all the characters, I mean the plot and stuff >_<;

I think Yu-Gi-Oh and shows that show more cooler monsters and people make audiences get attracted by it ^^; I do tell my friends I like Pokemon, but they're more addicted to other shows. Pokemon is a kiddie show, and teens don't want to see shows that are predictable.

Most people hate predicting right all the time, so they want shows that will actually prove them wrong for once. That's how many human minds work.

I'm already tired of knowing Satoshi's gonna win and no one will be hurt >__<; I want some frigging action, d*** it!

Besides, most Pokemon girls don't look that pretty, Yu-Gi-Oh's got HOTTER girls ^_^;

*gets killed by Yu-Gi-Oh girls*

Arore
December 21st, 2003, 11:58 AM
Well, it IS a fad, after all. I mean, look at poor Digimon! It was super-popular, but now it is ignored totally. :( The same goes with anything that is ultra-popular; the more popular it is, the faster it fades. It is natural, yet sad, but it happens and it cannot be stopped.

Greed
December 21st, 2003, 01:00 PM
Well, it IS a fad, after all. I mean, look at poor Digimon! It was super-popular, but now it is ignored totally. :( The same goes with anything that is ultra-popular; the more popular it is, the faster it fades. It is natural, yet sad, but it happens and it cannot be stopped.

Yeah, everything will fade someday, sooner or later..

Pokemon's faded already in my hometown, nobody talks about, nobody advertises it anymore, I noticed..

*gets killed by Pokemon*

Tweak
December 21st, 2003, 11:26 PM
i don't like yugioh and i never got into it, maybe cause of the way the characters are drawn in anime. (his hair...annoys me, the way it sticks up) if yugioh was drawn differently in the anime, i MIGHT have gotten into it.

=/ maybe if the pokemon anime was drawn differently more people would stick with it? i think first impression really counts. right now, they are gearing it towards kids only. not for older people. and its the older people around 15-22 years old now (2003) that started loving pokemon when it started in 1998/1997. i'm quite dissapoinrted yugioh cards replaced pokemon cards in the local card shop. =/ no offense, but the yugioh cards are ugly in my opinion, and they might be scarey to some kids. yet...many kids love yugioh as they did with pokemon, digimon, ect;. =-=; sighhh...we may never get how the "fad factor" works.

dbz is still popular with many people and it is a very old anime. maybe if pokemon had violent battles more people would like it??? o_O; people must have a thing for violence and more mature cartoons. cause they think "cute cartoons are for kids". but we were all once "kids".

for me, i will always like pokemon =D i will be the last fan standing. whahahahha :badsmile:

100marios
December 22nd, 2003, 12:06 AM
i don't like yugioh and i never got into it, maybe cause of the way the characters are drawn in anime. (his hair...annoys me, the way it sticks up) if yugioh was drawn differently in the anime, i MIGHT have gotten into it.

=/ maybe if the pokemon anime was drawn differently more people would stick with it? i think first impression really counts. right now, they are gearing it towards kids only. not for older people. and its the older people around 15-22 years old now (2003) that started loving pokemon when it started in 1998/1997. i'm quite dissapoinrted yugioh cards replaced pokemon cards in the local card shop. =/ no offense, but the yugioh cards are ugly in my opinion, and they might be scarey to some kids. yet...many kids love yugioh as they did with pokemon, digimon, ect;. =-=; sighhh...we may never get how the "fad factor" works.

dbz is still popular with many people and it is a very old anime. maybe if pokemon had violent battles more people would like it??? o_O; people must have a thing for violence and more mature cartoons. cause they think "cute cartoons are for kids". but we were all once "kids".

for me, i will always like pokemon =D i will be the last fan standing. whahahahha :badsmile:
I agree with you in many ways. Yu gi oh for some reason, is kinda disturbing, too disturbing my liking. Oh and you won't be the only fan standing for pokemon!

Arore
December 22nd, 2003, 06:54 AM
Heck, I don't know anyone who still likes Pokemon besides all the members here and moi! :(

Kayleigh
December 22nd, 2003, 01:34 PM
I really agree with orange*berry and Zapchu. I did see an article on this dumb gaming magazine about Pokmon vs. Yu-gi-oh. They didn't exactly insult Pokmon, except that they said that Yu-gi-oh was 'a Pocket Monster's worst nightmare'. That ticked me off. Though I don't have anything against Yu-gi-oh or anyone who likes it, I just wonder how so many people actually enjoy all of the gloomy, dark, evil-type stuff that's in it. Atleast everyone on Pokmon gets along and stuff. ._. Anyways, a lot of people around here, especially my brother's friends, still like Pokmon. And I've never bothered to befriend anyone who hated this Anim! =P So all of my friends like it.

punkie90
December 22nd, 2003, 02:39 PM
Well. I like ygo and pokemon. It's just yugioh's tcg is alot more fun. /And pokemon is a very happy thing that is always so cheery and sometimes gets annoying. So if there is one game with ugly monster and is a devilwarshiping. Magic the Gathering!

Q Man
December 22nd, 2003, 02:51 PM
Hmm, quite the mixed bag of responses here...
Personally, I don't care how childish the show gets, I'll still like it... Besides, isn't it supposed to be an 'all ages' thing?
*aherm*
Now, I can respect that everybody has thier own opinions, and they have the right to voice them, but I would just LOVE to go and delete every Pokmon hater website, and more than likely smash thier computers in, too... *evil me!*
*heh*
The thing is, Pokmon and related things (Digimon, etc) have faded considerably, especially now that Yu-Gi-Oh is hogging the local spotlight, but you know what? It'll eventually fade too, being replaced by something 'fresher' or 'cooler'... I'm not going to stop liking Pokmon, probably won't for a long, LONG time... (even with the fact that I absolutely dispise May, I still make an effort to watch the new episodes) But I dunno what it is, there's just something I don't like about YGO... Almost as though its lacking somehting... *shrug*

Frostweaver
December 22nd, 2003, 04:12 PM
let's not drag "devilworship" for anything here... reminds me of that LandoverBaptist's funny arguments (note: LandoverBaptist is not a real Baptist association but a Christian mockery site... it's like a political comedy site but it's about Christians)

Pokemon in terms of the world's standings is certainly fading in dramatic speed... as the world only appreciates new stuff. Hardly anything for the teenager's world can stand up for a long time, Pokemon, Yugioh included... few years later something new comes along and Yugioh will be the one that falls... it's just a very ordinary cycle.

Greed
December 23rd, 2003, 02:43 PM
Pokemon, Digimon, Dragonball Z, they're dead here where I live o_o;; Yu-Gi-Oh's taken its place,

I really dislike people disliking Yu-Gi-Oh just cus they took Pokemon's spotlight =_=;;
Pokemon is REALLY childish, and its fans have grown more mature, they want more scary stuff and etc.

Yu-Gi-Oh's childish *with all that friendship stuff and crap* and I guess its fans will get tired of it.. ;_; It has dark and scary monsters, and little children may be afraid of it, but they'll grow too, and probably they might like it cus they are old enough O_o; Or maybe they will just drop it, cus another better show might come up o-o;

I also think the other reason Pokemon has dropped is cus the show's too frigging looooong.. Its annoying already.. >_<;

Hey, at least Pokemon got replaced by a better show, no shame in that.

*gets killed by people*

oni flygon
December 23rd, 2003, 03:04 PM
Pokemon's a complete success in Japan. It tops at #3 in the top 10 anime list... (Curse Prince of Tennis and Naruto!)

Here in America, some americans jave short attention span... so anything to them are fads... a year from now, Yu-Gi-Oh might stink in the dumps with Pokemon...

Rift
December 23rd, 2003, 03:50 PM
I think all my friends still like Pokemon cause one day one of my friends was playin ruby! and i asked "Hey whatcha got there Andrew?" and he said "um...nothing! its um...Breath of Fire!" and i said "Breath of Fire aint red!" then i said "Is it Pokemon?" and he said "I hate you..." but he siad it sarcastically! :P

Arwen
December 23rd, 2003, 04:12 PM
1. More filler episodes make the TV show worse
2. Too many pointless games made (snap, pinball, channel, hey you pikachu)
3. Miramax not promoting the movies/ limited release
4. Movies for pokemon isn't exciting as a Bond or LOTR Movies.

oni flygon
December 23rd, 2003, 04:14 PM
oh one more thing... Viz stopping all of the Pokemon Mangas!

Purin
December 23rd, 2003, 04:48 PM
Yup, especially when the Mangas' storyline is getting really interesting (Suicune, Euisune[this guy is really cool IMO], Crystal, plus Gold; Silver's mysterious disappearance after they plunged into the Lake of Rage). So I consider myself lucky that I live somewhere where Pokemon Adventures/Special in English continues.

Psyduck
December 23rd, 2003, 08:21 PM

I'll be standing right next to you, you can count on that.

Miyu-chan
December 23rd, 2003, 09:20 PM
Well, I was introduced to Pokemon through the TV show/Anime. I liked it at first...but...sometimes the filler episodes can be annoying. :/ (looks like everyone agrees with me. ;D) "Team Rocket's bastin' off again!" "Go, Pikachu, Thundershock!" and blah, blah... I abandoned it after a while when one day, my brother introduced me to this site. Yes, this site was te thing to get me up on Pokemon. After I joined, I began to play Silver again (which I abandoned it years age... o.o; ) and I was quickly hooked, playing it on the bus, on the subways/MRT... I found out that Pokemon is a wonderful game. And now, I'm adding Pokemon Ruby to my Christmas list. ;D But even though I said that the anime was bad, I still watch it, I feel like Satoshi has grown up. =D

I think that Pokemon is indeed, fading away, but that's not because Yuugioh. Well, I (and my brother) blame the anime for causing this. (If they made Pokemon Special into an anime, it'll be a big hit! o.o; ) But I belive that it will live on through the fans. n_n

(Well, I like Yuugioh...It has a nice plot...with alot of depth in the storyline... >.>; )

Tweak
December 23rd, 2003, 09:24 PM
:P ohhhh man if the manga Pokemon Special was made into an anime my eyes would HOOK onto it. =O they should consider Pokemon OVA's!!!

=-= i love the manga storyline, it is geared towards both kids and older audiences!! it is a lovely match. unlike the current anime, mostly geared towards younger audiences.

Miyu-chan
December 23rd, 2003, 09:33 PM
Pokemon OVAs? Wow, good idea! XD
I agree about the anime directed towards younger kids... :/ They should really do something about that... I'll just hope for a pokemon OVA. =P

Purin
December 24th, 2003, 04:10 AM
Sorry but what's a OVA? ^_^;;

Arore
December 24th, 2003, 08:09 AM
Yes, I'm wondering about that as well...

Sayuri no Hoshi
December 24th, 2003, 08:16 AM
Sorry but what's a OVA? ^_^;;
An "OVA" is short for Original Video Animation. They're basically episodes that are somewhat the same to specials and have an "alternate-universe" theme to it. I say alternate universe because it's just a separate adventure that the characters have and don't relate back (or are affected) to it in the actual series. ^_^

MewtwoMaster
December 28th, 2003, 08:44 PM
I like YGO and Pokemon. I don't care who wins the battle, I'm just in it for the monsters blowing each other up. :badsmile: The Images on YGO cards are a bit disturbing, being the reason that they were banned at my afterschool... Anyways, Pokemon replaced DBZ, YGO replaced Pokemon, and I'll bet the new cartoon on KidsWB called 'Astro Boy' will replace YGO, and so on and so forth. Pokemon will die... eventually... but I'll be one of the last fans standing...

oni flygon
December 28th, 2003, 09:29 PM
ASTRO BOY???!!!!!! LMAO!!!

That remake of the classic Astro Boy will never EVER replace Yu-Gi-Oh nor Pokemon! I mean... I've watched the original episodes of it and it was very very very corny and stupid just like the old SPeed Racer... XD

Purin
December 28th, 2003, 09:45 PM
I thought Astroboy was a famous cartoon in the 60s in Japan...was it?

IceKitten
December 29th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Pokmon used ORIGINALITY!

It's Super Effective!
Yu-Gi-Ho! Fainted!

gg -_-

Arwen
December 29th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Well, they should air the Pokemon Specials, so it will make the series interesting, but instead, those ignorant 4kids and KidsWB don't bother dubbing them...

*sighs*

oni flygon
December 29th, 2003, 05:55 PM
SPecial? SPecial's a manga... Ms. Arwen... daughter of Elrond. Of course unless TV tokyo would make it into an anime... it would be AWESOME!

Purin
December 29th, 2003, 06:01 PM
I think she meant special episodes aired in Japan like the Raikou special.

oni flygon
December 29th, 2003, 06:07 PM
oh... oops... sorry about that ^^

Arwen
January 1st, 2004, 08:38 PM
Thats okay....

Well, Why not? Atleast it will get more... uhhhhhh..... viewers.

oni flygon
January 1st, 2004, 08:38 PM
young and old alike... I can see it now... *visions of the future* XD

Arwen
January 1st, 2004, 09:06 PM
*turns out impossible.....*

Well, hmmmmm... A petition can make it possible...

(hopefully)

pokemon706
January 3rd, 2004, 07:43 PM
well don't worry, if pokemon is dieing and you still like it, and other do too it doesn't matter, no matter in the future all long pokemon has been dead, there will almost be someone playing there sapphire.

Arcanine
January 3rd, 2004, 07:59 PM
Well to let every one that said Pokemon was a fad in the US. Why did Ruby and Sapphier sell over a Million games in 15 days on the GBA? And Pinball make it the the top of the list when it came out? Why is Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire (Pinball is still selling games but it didnt come out the same time as R/S so thats why its not there) still selling games in the US? Why is Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Pinball still on the top 5 GBA game list (only beated out by two newer games)? Pokemon has never been a fad here just like it has not been a fad in Japan. Pokemon may not be as strong as it was before but it is not dead, if it was then Nintendo would not have picked up the Pokemon TCG and thay would stop making Pokemon games and other stuff. So to every one that thinks Pokemon was a fad here or is dead here then there you go, it was never a fad and is not dead.

Amy-chan
January 4th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Zapchu, 100marios, you guys won't be the last two Poke fans standing. :classic: Together, we'll be the last three standing.

Latioscatcher
January 4th, 2004, 05:48 PM
me too i pokemon is da greatest eva i and they should air tha one pokemon special where ash helps mewtwo escape again from giovanni go, and could u post websites/ heres one serebii.net

Missingno Baby
January 4th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Iwill lovepokemon forever more~
Hehe New censored
B L O O D Y

CyberRaichu
January 5th, 2004, 04:17 AM
You have my support one of two SA pokefans, me and my buddy Cyberangemon will stay pika bois for a long time

Ultimathunder
January 5th, 2004, 04:37 AM
Everyone here will keep cheering for pokemon for a VERY long time right people? ^_^

Cause I know I would!

Porygon
January 5th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Zapchu, 100marios, you guys won't be the last two Poke fans standing. :classic: Together, we'll be the last three standing.
Correction. Last four with me.

Hm a new Elite Four. The Elite Poknuts!

Tweak
January 5th, 2004, 09:34 PM
i was at this card shop and this lady was buying pokemon cards for her daughter and she was telling da shop person that her daughter only liked pokemon. n that card shop person n that lady were talkin i over heard that comic shop owner say "pokemon is still popular, but it sorta decreased in popularity because yugioh came out, and you kno the yugioh card game and such...blahblahblah...lots of kids still like pokemon, my son still likes it...blahblahblah" =-= i didn't quite hear what he was saying, but WHY ARE THERE YUGIOH HEADS ON DRINK BOTTLES NOW?! *faints* (i saw 'em at a gas station) *_* yugioh animations scare me...and the cards in my opinion look ugly. (but who knows, maybe some people think its cool? *tries to imagine yugioh cards as pokemon cardes*

:P hmmm last fan standing eh? we'll just see which one of us dies first. :D hahaha, jkjkjk. anyways, i'm glad lotsa people still like pokemon.

one way to proove that we still like it is to buy pokemon products and demand for cards is also important. the higher the demand, the more booster packs we'll buy and the more we can sell holos and cards for. =P its a gain gain situation for both nintendo AND pokemon fans. plus, buy the games and don't use roms! i'm not telling ya to spend ur last pennies on pokemon, but if u've go spare change, buy pokemon! also watch pokemon on TV!

Porygon
January 6th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Yeah! If any of you get YTV, they're playing the first season now!

jynx
January 6th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Pokemon is incredibly popular in Hong Kong now!
Even McDonalds sell Pokeon toys!

Spike Razzor
January 6th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Pokmon used ORIGINALITY!

It's Super Effective!
Yu-Gi-Ho! Fainted!

gg -_- Funny, but backwards.

look at it this way. 1997 - 1998 was when Pokemon truly was ontop, not 2000 - 2001 cause at that time it was making a horrible attempt to try and come back... It failed and was just floating around for a while then was pushed off the cliff into the pit of "So last year!", in 2002 Yu-Gi-Oh which was around from 1996 as a manga was given a chance to grow. The show/cards came out and exploded like did Pokemon, cutting off any chance of Pokemon to come back again. New boosters for the YGO CG came out, all the good duelist (me) stormed to the stores to get them and fueled YGO TCG. Pokemon creeped out of the shadows of the past and gave use R/S, it got little attention even though it had better features. But was not as long and fun as RBY/GSC, dropping it down after about a month. Face it, Pokemon waited too long and killed itself. Yu-Gi-Oh pounced on its spot and watched it fall, deeper, and deeper, and deeper into a hole of self-pity.

Sankari
January 6th, 2004, 03:50 PM
You know what I think? I think Yu-Gi-Oh is junk. It scares me because Konami made it (and they made this EXTREMELY gory game called Silent Hill :(). The cards even scare me! I mean, sheesh! And Yu-Gi is so short and then when he turns into Yu-Gi-Oh(Well, it's obvious that they just added -oh at the end *roll eyes*), no one even notices that he is a two feet taller and his voice went from 11 yrs-old, to 30! His hair scares me. It looks like a starfish with yellow seaweed.
That penguin episode is too weird where Taya has to fight the king of the penguins. How lame! And in the show, they CRY when they loose a CARD! I mean, come on! I wouldn't CRY if I had my Articuno stolen...well, maybe a little :nervous:.
Yu-Gi-Oh always seems he knows all the rules and there seems to be like, what, a trillion rules?! Here's my impression on Yu-Gi-Oh..."Oh I'm going to use my ........ to kill your ........." "No but you didn't know this and this and this so I will kill your this and this and this and blah blah blah blah blah!" It's just like watching those game shows where it has never ending rules.
Pokemon will not fail! But still, they need to staighten up the show. I mean, every episode they get food and always say, "Mm...this is good." and Team Rocket has to at least have a new moto every episode. The Meowth that's right thing get's so anoyying. Team Rocket's blasting of again is horrible but with wobafet at the end it was sort of funny until now. Come on! Get rid of those 3!
I noticed that they use a lot of starburst. They also use the same cartoon everytime Ash throws his pokeball. The movies are awesome, but the anime needs a lot of improvement. The music needs a lot of change and yada yada yada.
Still, I will never fall for Yu-Gi-Oh. The usual gets boring, though. Team Rocket still hasn't lost it's humor, or Brock when he falls for girls. I think the best episode was the one where they were in the blizzard.

Tweak
January 6th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Pokemon is incredibly popular in Hong Kong now!
Even McDonalds sell Pokeon toys!

WHAAA!!! I WISH I WAS IN ASIA!!! i'm goina ask my cousin right now if taiwan mcdonalds has da same deal!!! :dead: i think MAGIC is what most dueslists go for because it has been popular for a long time. yugioh tcg in my opinion isn't as popular or lasting as MAGIC.

a comic book store guy said many kids still like pokemon, many parents think the yugioh cards aren't suitable for their kids *shruggs* =-=;; here come the stupid law suits again. *sigh*

Spike Razzor
January 6th, 2004, 07:45 PM
You know what I think? I think Yu-Gi-Oh is junk. It scares me because Konami made it (and they made this EXTREMELY gory game called Silent Hill :(). The cards even scare me! I mean, sheesh! And Yu-Gi is so short and then when he turns into Yu-Gi-Oh(Well, it's obvious that they just added -oh at the end *roll eyes*), no one even notices that he is a two feet taller and his voice went from 11 yrs-old, to 30! His hair scares me. It looks like a starfish with yellow seaweed.
That penguin episode is too weird where Taya has to fight the king of the penguins. How lame! And in the show, they CRY when they loose a CARD! I mean, come on! I wouldn't CRY if I had my Articuno stolen...well, maybe a little :nervous:.
Yu-Gi-Oh always seems he knows all the rules and there seems to be like, what, a trillion rules?! Here's my impression on Yu-Gi-Oh..."Oh I'm going to use my ........ to kill your ........." "No but you didn't know this and this and this so I will kill your this and this and this and blah blah blah blah blah!" It's just like watching those game shows where it has never ending rules.
Pokemon will not fail! But still, they need to staighten up the show. I mean, every episode they get food and always say, "Mm...this is good." and Team Rocket has to at least have a new moto every episode. The Meowth that's right thing get's so anoyying. Team Rocket's blasting of again is horrible but with wobafet at the end it was sort of funny until now. Come on! Get rid of those 3!
I noticed that they use a lot of starburst. They also use the same cartoon everytime Ash throws his pokeball. The movies are awesome, but the anime needs a lot of improvement. The music needs a lot of change and yada yada yada.
Still, I will never fall for Yu-Gi-Oh. The usual gets boring, though. Team Rocket still hasn't lost it's humor, or Brock when he falls for girls. I think the best episode was the one where they were in the blizzard. Ah *cracks knuckles*, more people to brake.

"and they made this EXTREMELY gory game called Silent Hill," ... Every company will have game that are NOT ment for kids, even Nintendo has a few games (Conkers Bad Fur Day).

"The cards even scare me!" Are you like blind, or challenged in some way?

"Yu-Gi is so short and then when he turns into Yu-Gi-Oh(Well, it's obvious that they just added -oh at the end *roll eyes*" Ash Catchum... All the Pokemon names *rolls eyes*.

"no one even notices that he is a two feet taller and his voice went from 11 yrs-old, to 30! His hair scares me. It looks like a starfish with yellow seaweed." First off when his spirit inhabits his body, I think his hieght/voice changes so slow people like you will know hes taking over. And hey, its anime, there not suppose to look real. In All animes they look different from what they really look like, ture 100% Japanese people all are born with black or dark brown hair. Yet in anime they will have lighter or darker skin and hair colors of all colors, even pink, blue, purple ect.

"That penguin episode is too weird where Taya has to fight the king of the penguins. How lame!" When Ash battles Blaine, Pikachu T-bolts Rhydon and knocks it out. FYI Ground negates Electric! And how Ash lost only 2 times... Now that is lame!

"And in the show, they CRY when they loose a CARD! I mean, come on! I wouldn't CRY if I had my Articuno stolen...well, maybe a little ." They get there fave and best card stolen, if Ashes Pikachu was stolen... He would commit suicide.

"Yu-Gi-Oh always seems he knows all the rules and there seems to be like, what, a trillion rules?! Here's my impression on Yu-Gi-Oh..."Oh I'm going to use my ........ to kill your ........." "No but you didn't know this and this and this so I will kill your this and this and this and blah blah blah blah blah!" It's just like watching those game shows where it has never ending rules." The rules are simple, a 7 year old at a tournement understood how to play... Your just mad cause you have a short attention spand or your just slow, I mean if my monster has 2000 Atk and yours is 1900 then its abvious I win and "Kill" is not in a kid rated show. As for the Pokemon show, its like a continuous re-run. "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!" Team Rocket loses automaticly. And the SAME voice acters for the girls! God!

"Pokemon will not fail!" Your right, it can't fail if its already dead.

"I will never fall for Yu-Gi-Oh." Just move on and stop bawling.

"Team Rocket still hasn't lost it's humor, or Brock when he falls for girls." Whats so funny about 3 losers who always lose, have no lives, no fasion sense, owe over $1,000,000, have only caught 1 Pokemon, never use common sense, all ways dig holes, and always say the same freaking line... As for Brock all I can say is hes pretty shallow and abviously doesn't know love or how to control his raging hormones. And like people say "Its only funny the first 20 times".

Porygon
January 7th, 2004, 08:21 AM
If you hate Pokmon so much, why are you here? Look around you. Pokmon is not dead. It is very much alive. I think it's you who is blind.

Arcanine
January 7th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Yes Porygon is right, Spike Razzor if you hate Pokemon (and your last post there says you do) then why on earth are you on a Pokemon forum? Why not go to a Yu-Gi-Oh forum? I mean all your doing right now is bashing Pokemon on a Pokemon forum (that is not very smart, I mean there is members here that loves Pokemon).

jynx
January 7th, 2004, 09:21 AM
WHAAA!!! I WISH I WAS IN ASIA!!! i'm goina ask my cousin right now if taiwan mcdonalds has da same deal!!! :dead: i think MAGIC is what most dueslists go for because it has been popular for a long time. yugioh tcg in my opinion isn't as popular or lasting as MAGIC.

a comic book store guy said many kids still like pokemon, many parents think the yugioh cards aren't suitable for their kids *shruggs* =-=;; here come the stupid law suits again. *sigh*
No, Taiwan doesn't. They are already tired of Pokemon.

Tell you what, Hong Kong WAS BANNED FROM nINTENDO for THREE YEARS They started showing Orange Islands now, that's why Pokemon is so incredibly popular in Hong Kong!
You find Pokemon in nearly every magazine o_O|||

Spike Razzor
January 7th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Arcanine and Porygon, if you have any sense you would know everyone has different opinions. I know whats alive and what is not, Pokemon is pretty much tapped out itself and im not gonna sit around, talk and pretending its not (im old enough to know that 1000 members isn't gonna fuel Pokemon). Yu-Gi-Oh is aboviously more poplular in todays world, if you can't prove me worng than don't talk. Im here cause I play Sapphire and use Netbattle, anything else is pretty much unseen by me. I mean if all you 2 can do is assume im a Pokemon hater than don't talk to me, not that I do cause its the show and AAML that bothers me. And most Yu-Gi-Oh forums are full of total YGO freaks >.< (I just watch the show and duel at school and public events). Steve has a forum but no ones there *sniffle*.

Tweak
January 7th, 2004, 11:53 AM
No, Taiwan doesn't. They are already tired of Pokemon.

Tell you what, Hong Kong WAS BANNED FROM nINTENDO for THREE YEARS They started showing Orange Islands now, that's why Pokemon is so incredibly popular in Hong Kong!
You find Pokemon in nearly every magazine o_O|||

:dead: doh. is it only in hong kong or also in china?

Sankari
January 7th, 2004, 01:39 PM
...Yu-Gi-Oh is aboviously more poplular in todays world...
Well, duh! And why would I like something popular? I can be as different as I want to be!
Hey, you're right about the Team Rocket thing. They do get boring. I just like the game, not the anime. Okay, I admit it, every anime is freaky a little, but still, let's not lose are heads over two cartoons.
...aboviously... And get your spelling right...it's OBVIOUSLY. :paranoid: Man, I'm not myself these days. :D Too much cake, I guess.

Arcanine
January 7th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Arcanine and Porygon, if you have any sense you would know everyone has different opinions.Ever heard of disrespect to a forum leader? (thats what your doing right now telling me if I had any sense)

I know whats alive and what is not, Pokemon is pretty much tapped out itself and im not gonna sit around, talk and pretending its not (im old enough to know that 1000 members isn't gonna fuel Pokemon).And I know alive and what is not, Pokemon is not dead what ever you may think Spike Razzor. Not just 1,100 members on this PC but what about the 1,500 members on the old PC? That makes 2,600 members on PC, and have you ever been to another Pokemon forum? 4,000 members at PE2K, 3,900 members at SPPF, and over 10,000 members at TPM (that was the last time I looked), and over 13,000 members at PKMN.net forums. And thats just 5 forums I know there is a lot lot more out there.

Yu-Gi-Oh is aboviously more poplular in todays world, I dont know any one IRL that likes Yu-Gi-Oh (and I know a lot of people)

if you can't prove me worng than don't talk.Read my first post in the thread and that will prove you wrong. (and dont even start up that stuff where you say "im better then you, I know more then you")

Im here cause I play Sapphire and use Netbattle, anything else is pretty much unseen by me.If your here just to do them two then dont come around bashing Pokemon (if a new member started bashing Pokemon then I would ban that member).

I mean if all you 2 can do is assume im a Pokemon hater than don't talk to me, not that I do cause its the show and AAML that bothers me. Its the way you talk about Pokemon, if some one bashes Pokemon then I say that some one is a Poekmon hater.

And most Yu-Gi-Oh forums are full of total YGO freaks >.< (I just watch the show and duel at school and public events). Steve has a forum but no ones there *sniffle*.And you cant say this for most Pokemon forums?

Side Note: If your going to stay here then dont bash Pokemon. If you didnt know this is a Pokemon forum not a Yu-Gi-Oh forum, so dont stand around bashing Pokemon or you mite get banned.

Tweak
January 7th, 2004, 05:56 PM
:P don't call people who like something freaks. =-=; i think you should respect yugioh forum and pokemon forum members and try to chat nicely.

Arwen
January 7th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Yu-gi-oh games became plain... uhhh... boring after awhile... Why? It's about cards... and boring monsters... -_-....

SonicUmbreon
January 7th, 2004, 08:14 PM
My friends call me crazy because I still like Pokemon.. They were crazier than me about it a few years ago.. Yugioh is the craze.. I don't hate it.. But I played at a tournament made by my friends. Like 12 people there.. I quit dueling first. I still think yugioh is cool, but I know more about pokemon and its easier to just talk about.. I'm surprised so many kids the age of around 15 are here. But then, not many of us live in the same town, so I bet many of you don't have friends who like Pokemon. ugh.. what else is there to say..

Spike Razzor
January 7th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Ever heard of disrespect to a forum leader? (thats what your doing right now telling me if I had any sense)
Oh your funny, bending the truth. I said "If you have any sense..." not "You have no sense...", what a laugh. Wonder how long it will take people to notice that if they come along and talk that I will talk back, I mean did you think that if you qouted me I was gonna be afraid and run away? Wow, guess you was wrong.

And I know alive and what is not, Pokemon is not dead what ever you may think Spike Razzor. Not just 1,100 members on this PC but what about the 1,500 members on the old PC? That makes 2,600 members on PC, and have you ever been to another Pokemon forum? 4,000 members at PE2K, 3,900 members at SPPF, and over 10,000 members at TPM (that was the last time I looked), and over 13,000 members at PKMN.net forums. And thats just 5 forums I know there is a lot lot more out there.
Wow, your so good with numbers. Im assuming the staff on these know each other and or have ads or links back to eachother. Factor in the people who think its cool to join all the well known (popular if you want) forums. Nuff said.

I dont know any one IRL that likes Yu-Gi-Oh (and I know a lot of people)
Well if you hang around people with stuff only you like then of course, oh and you know me and alot of others who you don't know everything about. So what you said lacks logic.

Read my first post in the thread and that will prove you wrong. (and dont even start up that stuff where you say "im better then you, I know more then you")
I have just basicly returned it to sender, so no need. And you don't need to keep bsing with your assuming I will say this and that, its doing you nothing, zip, zero, nada. I use common sense (not my ego) as a weapon.

If your here just to do them two then dont come around bashing Pokemon (if a new member started bashing Pokemon then I would ban that member).

Its the way you talk about Pokemon, if some one bashes Pokemon then I say that some one is a Poekmon hater.
Im not bashing, bashing it would be like "Oh it suck", "Ash is a loser". I told nothing but the God honest truth, think I enjoyed it?! And wow, was that last part suppose to send shivers down my spine? Ban me if you like, you would be banning another person who decided to speak what the know and believe. *Puts target on shirt* ban me, come on do it.

And you cant say this for most Pokemon forums?

Side Note: If your going to stay here then dont bash Pokemon. If you didnt know this is a Pokemon forum not a Yu-Gi-Oh forum, so dont stand around bashing Pokemon or you mite get banned.
Like I said, I spoke the truth. And I woldn't be here chatting if that idiot I qouted bashed Yu-Gi-Oh, or did you not care? Im ot mad cause exspect nothing from anyone. And I repeat:Ban me! Do it!I don't know why you bother to was my time, are you trying to look good by coming in and turning on the first person you see. Someone brought up Yu-Gi-Oh and then started bashing it, you didn't know that yet you feel it "Ok" to start talking to me. Do me a favour and just don't bother.

Well, duh! And why would I like something popular? I can be as different as I want to be!
Hey, you're right about the Team Rocket thing. They do get boring. I just like the game, not the anime. Okay, I admit it, every anime is freaky a little, but still, let's not lose are heads over two cartoons.
And get your spelling right...it's OBVIOUSLY. :paranoid: Man, I'm not myself these days. :D Too much cake, I guess.WOW! I spelt a word wrong, do you want me to follow you around correcting everything you mess up on? Plus Arcanine spelt Pokemon wrong in his post, are you gonna bother him about it now?

jynx
January 8th, 2004, 05:19 AM
:dead: doh. is it only in hong kong or also in china?
Only in Hong Kong. Not China. XDDDD
I wonder if China actually has Pokemon.

Porygon
January 8th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Look, Spike. This has gone far enough. To you want to end up like that moron tenk or whatever his name was? No? Didn't think so. I may seem like I just joke all the time, but when I have an opinion on something [or someone], I speak out. And I don't care what they think. You, are an idiot. You bash the people at this board as well as Pokmon, and prove youeself an idiot more than anything. So you are here because you play Sapphire? So what? For all anybody knows, or cares, it's to get more ammo against Pokmon. This thread should be closed; obviously Spike will simply use it as a continuing flame–a–thon. You're becoming more like someone I know as Mossano every post.

Tweak
January 8th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Only in Hong Kong. Not China. XDDDD
I wonder if China actually has Pokemon.

hmmm well i guess there is deformed pokemon look alikes. =D so now i have a choice of either going to hong kong or japan to get pokemon stuff. do they keep the games in japanese or actually translate them to chinese? o_O;;

jynx
January 8th, 2004, 10:56 AM
GO TO HONG KONG!
If you have British Passport, you can go to Hong Kong ALL THE TIME!
It's the easiest place to go to!
Games...You can get both Japanese and English versions in Hong Kong.
But there isn't anything like Cantonese version.

Spike Razzor
January 8th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Look, Spike. This has gone far enough. To you want to end up like that moron tenk or whatever his name was? No? Didn't think so. I may seem like I just joke all the time, but when I have an opinion on something [or someone], I speak out. And I don't care what they think. You, are an idiot. You bash the people at this board as well as Pokmon, and prove youeself an idiot more than anything. So you are here because you play Sapphire? So what? For all anybody knows, or cares, it's to get more ammo against Pokmon. This thread should be closed; obviously Spike will simply use it as a continuing flameathon. You're becoming more like someone I know as Mossano every post.What the? You seriously want to be broken. What you said lacks anything close to sense, all you did was flame and spam. Your post has nothing to back it up, nothing but calling me names and acting like a 5min year old n00b.
I never came here to so-called "basher", SPon11 bashed Yu-Gi-Oh just because she doesn't like it. I get set off and basicly give her the boot, then you and Arcanine come in all talk.

Arcanine
January 8th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Forget it this thread has turned into flame and is going to be closed. jynx, Zapchu im sorry but you two are going to have to talk in PMs or soemthing (if this thread stays open then there will be more flame then there is now).
*Closed*