PDA

View Full Version : Something that's Interesting About Your State/Country

Trikip
March 12th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Here you just post something interesting about your state, country, or whatever. Something interesting here in Rhode Island, USA is that we have something called coffee milk. It's milk with the taste of coffee. To tell you the truth I've never had it. XD

EvIL_CAjUN_CHIkIN
March 12th, 2005, 12:05 PM
I'll have to figure something out about Florida, cuz dat's where I'm at, but my grandmother's from New Hampshire, or something and they make their coffee and then put ice in it, it's called iced coffee......dat's kinda weird, I mean I've had it before, but it's kinda freaky....

Alex_
March 12th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Well, my state's nickname is the bluegrass state aka Kentucky. But really the grass is not blue, just a dark lush green xD

Anacortes
March 12th, 2005, 12:14 PM
I can't think of anything here..
Except the provincial election is coming up..?

MystiKal
March 12th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Well my state is really well known for it's peaches.

Crystal Clair
March 12th, 2005, 12:30 PM
In my county lies the highest point on the east coast of the US not counting Maine.

ashley03
March 12th, 2005, 12:31 PM
my state is concidered the hottest state in the U.S.

NiNGi's Worst Nightmare
March 12th, 2005, 12:31 PM
South Carolina is shaped like a peice of pie. :d

EmeraldSky
March 12th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Did you know that northwestern Arkansas (my region)...
--beat out Las Vegas as the best place to live in a national poll?
--is where Wal-Mart's headquarters is located? (my town is about 20-30 minutes away from where the HQ is)

NiNGi's Worst Nightmare
March 12th, 2005, 12:36 PM
I Want To Eat Where I Live!!! Pie!!!

Crystal Clair
March 12th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Oh yeah, my county's also home of one of five granite quarries on this planet.

Millennia
March 12th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Whats interesting about my state is they say "Every things bigger in Texas",but thats not true.Every things the same size,even if it were in a differnt state. :\

The Pcr

Merzbau
March 12th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Pepsi was invented in NC. Actually...not far from me. XD w00t for Pepsi lovers. XD

The Fallen
March 12th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Well recently we have had the stupidest weather XD.One day it's raining, next day it's 100 degrees XD.

G-Klav
March 12th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Sweden is the country where Ikea is from.
We've got moose here too. A lot of Germans likes to come over here in Summertime, and steal road signs that are warning for them XD
In the north of Sweden you can see the aurora if the sky is clear...

And in a city that lies about 2 metrical miles away from me, is the world's first twisted skyscraper situated. You may've seen it on the Discovery Channel.

AngelWolfie
March 12th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Something odd about my state...Well, all teh ignorant people of the lower 48 seem to think we live in igloos and have penguins up here xD (Alaska, btw.)

[Technya]
March 12th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Let's see, well perhaps the fact that we can go to the beach no matter what time of the year it is, we have a small rain forest to the east side of the island, mountains with killer views in the center and to the south west a small desert and awesome caves to explore around in.

ashley03
March 12th, 2005, 01:20 PM
lot of sand....and rocks....and Cacti...

ok,it's not interesting but hey it's true!

angel
March 12th, 2005, 02:06 PM
My state has really weird weather all the time.

Natsuki
March 12th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Something interesting about my state...well, where I live, the weather is soo messed up! x_X One day it's 55 degrees outside, then the very next day it drops down to 25 degrees. XP It's not too interesting, but it bugs the heck out of me! XD

~Kelsey

Miyu-chan
March 12th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Well, it never snows in the Bay Area... I live in the Silicon Valley, the technology headquaters... And... houses are very expensive here. xD;;;

Hantsuki
March 12th, 2005, 03:29 PM
well,in California,it has the most population of people I believe

Kogenta
March 12th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Hm . . . in a city of my state, it is illegal to bring a fish tank on a bus--the reason being that the sound of the water splashing might disturb the other passengers.

Kylie-chan
March 12th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Australia has only been federated together for 104 years =P

Crimson King
March 12th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Arizona leads the nation in copper production. *googled it x.X*

Sassydoll76
March 13th, 2005, 12:53 AM
hmmm New York , ummm there is alot of fun amusement parks here XD

Mr Cat Dog
March 13th, 2005, 07:04 AM
The United Kingdom once controlled a quarter of the world! Ph33r! XD It also has a queen, and a weirdo next in line to the throne XD

NiNGi's Worst Nightmare
March 13th, 2005, 07:39 AM
South Carolina smells like taffy...:d

Sammi
March 13th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Kansas has alot of Wizard of Oz stuff in it! One store in our mall has alot of Wizard of Oz merchandise in it. And it has a Wizard of Oz museum in it (no kidding - haven't been there though xD)
... okay, enough of teh Wizard of Oz XD

And it has pretty evolved form of sandstone (quartzite?) in the northwest. It came with a glacier. xD

Kurosaki
March 14th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Canada- We're known for our maple syrup and canadian bacon? XD

Well, lets see, to be more specific on my location, Ontario contains the country's capital, Ottawa.

Arcanine
March 14th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Well my state is really well known for it's peaches.
I also live in Georgia yet I don't like peaches that much (I will eat them in a peache pie but that's it XD). XD

Well Georiga was where the 1996 Olympic Games were held.
It's also the 4th oldest State in the US.
It also has the largest College in the world for the area of land around the College Campus.
It also has the busiest Airport in the world.
It's where Coca-Cola was first started.

I'll try to think of more things later. XD

B-Baller
March 14th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Auckland (New Zealand) is the largest Polynesian city in the world. Hooray!

G-Klav
March 14th, 2005, 02:04 PM
If I'm allowed to say something more, I can also tell you that Sweden is home to the company Koenigsegg, which currently makes the fastest sports cars in the world! XD (for use on the road)

Pazuzu
March 14th, 2005, 02:05 PM
OK something interesting about germany... lets seee...
we got lederhosen and weiwurst + sauerkraut XD
nah that're the bavarians XD
we got schwarzwelder kirschtorte und chookoo clocks XD
really... XD

Seto7Kaiba
March 14th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Texas is known for the biggest ferris wheel o.O
Maryland is known for the oldest airport O.O

Eliana
March 14th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Um...o_____o;;; XD
*thinks* we get a lot of snow LOL XD

Suz
March 14th, 2005, 02:22 PM
well, I live in Iowa, The corn state >>
but I like to call it the pork state, mainly because when we moved here, there were signs saying "eat pork!" and "Pork is yummy!" and junk like that XD
oh yeah, and when the wind blows in, you smell manure! =D