PDA

View Full Version : Chicken or Egg?

B-Baller
March 13th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Before I start, mods, feel free to do whatever you want to this thread (move, lock, delete, etc.)

This question has been passed down my family for generations.

The question is, what do you think came first, chicken or egg?

Chicken might sound the obvious answer, but think about it carefully. Without chikens, there wouldn't be eggs and without eggs, there wouldn't be chickens!

Hard huh?

So, what do you think came first?

I personally think chicken comes first. For some odd reason, its the obvious reason, I guess.

digi-kun
March 13th, 2005, 09:37 PM
what a strange human you are...the egg definately came first...
*cue flashback - dinosaur ageness*
see? dinosaurs...no chickens and look!!! Dino eggs!!!
im right, you're wrong. the egg came first XP
of course if you meant CHICKEN egg, it would be a bit harder...

basically i just rephrased the post i put in the last chicken and the egg thread XD

B-Baller
March 13th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Yes I am a very strange human. And yes, I mean chicken eggs, not just any old egg.

Hantsuki
March 13th, 2005, 09:44 PM
*stares bewildered* I guess the egg came first,but who created the egg? and if it was the chicken,where did it come from? so I'll just say egg,maybe somehow it was just made

Miyu-chan
March 13th, 2005, 10:03 PM
I think that the chicken came first, that it evolved from something into a chicken, then it laid an egg. xD;

*will moniter thread closly* xD

Slvεя~Мon
March 13th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Ooh Ooh!! I know I know!! BOTH. There, Solved it, and no body can argue because I claimed chicken and egg. (But I really think the chicken came first cause without the chicken, eggs wouldn'd exist XD)

Crimson King
March 13th, 2005, 10:21 PM
i say the chicken came first X.x no apperant reason why xD

Mr Cat Dog
March 14th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Yes, this thread will need to be monitored in case flaming ensues from it. I've gt my real eye on it (I have two real eyes... but one of them is glass, real glass mind you).

Anyways, I think like Miyu. The chicken evolved from something, then laid an egg in its form of reproduction and whatnot.

AngelWolfie
March 14th, 2005, 12:15 AM
I think the chicken came first. They were created first :) And besides, there needs to be two chickens (male and female) to get an egg :P

Claire
March 14th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Most definately chicken X3
Eggs can't hatch without being sat on by their mother, and considering animals evolve i cant imagine one evolving into an egg which then hatches XD;

Sorye HK
March 14th, 2005, 02:14 AM
I like eggs better. Partly because of egg sandwiches.

Pazuzu
March 14th, 2005, 05:44 AM
ya know that every live came out of the sea...
so... some fishes evolved into apes, lizards etc, and some evolved into giant lizard-ape chickens XD
so the chicken was first :D

BobTheBlob
March 14th, 2005, 06:19 AM
I voted for the egg, but I'm really not sure.
And just think about this, Scizz, if fishes evolved into chickens, where did the FISHES come from?

Pazuzu
March 14th, 2005, 06:23 AM
And just think about this, Scizz, if fishes evolved into chickens, where did the FISHES come from?
actually it weren't fishes really...
it were thingys that evolved from one-cellers (right word? XD), so they were some kind of fish ;)
The ones that went to land evolved in the thingys i said above ;), the ones that stayed in the seas, well evolved in some real fish thingys ^^"

Claire
March 14th, 2005, 06:24 AM
All life evolved from the big bang ^^

Hmm..i've actually decided now that it was neither XD
Since evolution is so slow, the continual growth and change would occur over thousands of years, i.e. thousands of egg-growing cycles, so really, evolution came first! XD and the process of evolving would be too slow to judge whether the chicken or egg came first X3
[/OTT insightfulness] XD

IceKitten
March 14th, 2005, 06:40 AM
I agree with Claire that life evolved from the big bang, therfore the chicken came first? LOL

Pazuzu
March 14th, 2005, 06:49 AM
I agree with Claire that life evolved from the big bang, therfore the chicken came first? LOL
no the chicken-lizard XD
thats the only possibility XD
if it was the egg, where should it have come from? evolved from some stones? XD Nah...

It must be chicken (-lizard) :D

Team Magma Girl
March 14th, 2005, 06:52 AM
I'm not sure.....Hmmm? I would say chiken...Mabye...hmmmm? I don't know I'm confused......

Anacortes
March 14th, 2005, 07:48 AM
I think egg came first. Nothing starts their life as an adult, or that'd be a miracle.

B-Baller
March 14th, 2005, 09:38 AM

Actuallay (I misspelled that on purpose) the Big Bang made the Solar System, not life. How could life begin when there are no planets to put them on?

*imagines*
Cow: Hey, what are we doing here?
Possum: I don't know!
Cow: Then why are we floting in space?
Hedgehog: Cos we ain't got no planet to live on!
*end imagination*

Planets first, life second.

ORRRRR maybe you are right Claire. The Big Bang probably not only created the planets but, maybe also life, as a side effect.

Hmm, I think I should put this thread in the Debate Forum in SPPf....this seems more of a debate than a poll, y'know......

Arcanine
March 14th, 2005, 10:43 AM
The chicken came first. Me I believe everything was created and the chicken fits in there.
So yea I say the chicken came first and then all the little egglings came after. XD

Allstories
March 14th, 2005, 12:11 PM
I don't think one or the other came first. Like, I don't think that one day a chicken existed or an egg existed. I think it was a long, complicated process.

ryan
March 14th, 2005, 12:19 PM
this is really a question of evolution vs. creation. and even though i'm christian, i'm inclined to go with evolution. that's to say, the egg came first. but i think God created whatever creature created the first egg that hatched the creature that laid the egg that hatched the egg that has what we think of as a chicken today. (whoa... deep) so, ya... EGG

MegaDitto
March 14th, 2005, 01:07 PM
There was a thread like this in the Old TDome.I choose Chicken.Life did eloeve after the Big Bang.Dosent this need to go to the TDome agian.

Allstories
March 14th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Actuallay (I misspelled that on purpose) the Big Bang made the Solar System, not life. How could life begin when there are no planets to put them on?

All life evolved from the big bang, not instantaneously materialized. The big bang was the beggining of a chain of events which led to life on Earth.

Seto7Kaiba
March 14th, 2005, 01:21 PM
I think the Chicken came first and then came the eggs. Hey, its just someones opinion.

Kayleigh
March 14th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Well, I don't believe in the evolution theory... I think that God created all of the animals in the beginning, as said in the Bible, and eggs aren't animals so I think the chicken came first. ;P Simple as that!

The Fallen
March 14th, 2005, 05:31 PM
It ould be the egg.It could have come from another time of animal, but did not develope right and turned into a Chicken and so that's my conclusion XD.

愛Forgotten Angel愛
March 14th, 2005, 05:39 PM
gee, i have to say the chicken. probably because i believe in evolution and stuff...but i'm not too sure...

Trainer Kharl
March 18th, 2005, 03:47 PM
I believe that God created through evolution. eggs didnt evolve from a simpler being. chickens did. ;)

Sammi
March 18th, 2005, 04:02 PM
The chicken, because it makes more sense in my mind. How would an egg get there randomly? Makes more sense to have the chicken first, then it lays an egg... @_@;;;;;;

Lady Pearl
March 18th, 2005, 04:16 PM

Hmm..i've actually decided now that it was neither XD
Since evolution is so slow, the continual growth and change would occur over thousands of years, i.e. thousands of egg-growing cycles, so really, evolution came first! XD and the process of evolving would be too slow to judge whether the chicken or egg came first X3
[/OTT insightfulness] XD
Yay, Claire used her learned behavior of insight~! ^___^ I agree with you, Claire. Cell-like organisms were the first organisms that have faced many dangers which forced them to adapt to their environment. They've evolved into different species, mainly in water. The chicken was born from then on~! ^___^ I wouldn't think a cell could lay an egg. If an egg was first formed, it would need incubation. Its imprinting behavior of calling the first thing it sees would be impossible. They would pass away very easily due to the environmental peril. The Archaeopteryx, the first bird, evolved into many bird forms. ^___^

The legend will forever remain unsolved unless scientists can figure the problem out somehow. ^^:

ASG
March 18th, 2005, 06:57 PM
an egg waz formed by them tiny particals and molecules and dna and stuff(such as how the dino's came to be) eventuly a chicken came out of the egg! XD so egg OR! like how man went from dat thingy to wut we are now the same thing could have happened to the chicken it evalotioned(sp) XD