PDA

View Full Version : What did you get for Christmas?!

shdw1
December 24th, 2003, 11:23 PM
For those who opened there presents on Late Christmas eve, share what you got here. Here's what I got: A $50 computer mic, a globe and a computer vac. I'm so happy I got a mic!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

oni flygon
December 25th, 2003, 02:03 AM
me? hmmm... Shoes, shirts, Creed Weathered CD that I wanted for ages. Coldplay Live 2003 that I wanted for ages. Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Party 5... and CANDY! XD

Geometric-sama
December 25th, 2003, 03:44 AM
I got an MP3/WMA/ASF discman (firmware upgradeable), the latest Harry Potter video, the set of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books, The Science of Discworld 2, a CD carry case and a new watch. Basically good stuff, although I wanted to get some CDs as well. I got $30 from a family friend, I'll probably get a Good Charlotte CD or something.

PichuSecretBase
December 25th, 2003, 05:51 AM
Well, its christmas morning ^_^ I just set up my BRAND new compaq!! I also got art stuff and Finding Nemo!!! Me luv my compy, I named it Squishy! XD Literaly!

Sapphire Titan
December 25th, 2003, 06:37 AM
Well, I'm 13 and I got a RC Tony Hawk Skateboard! And a travel fun kit thing! But I'll open the rest later.

Kayleigh
December 25th, 2003, 07:04 AM
Let's see... $50, an MP3/CD player, clothes, and tons of other things. ^_^ I would've gotten Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, but nobody could find it in any stores. So, my grandmother has ordered it and later on we'll be getting it. (Plus, I'm buying Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life once it comes out, with my money. XD) I'm a Harvest Moon nut. o_o;

Cherrim
December 25th, 2003, 09:08 AM
I've only opened my Santa-gifts so far because I'm waiting for my aunt to get here so we can open the rest. x_X;;

But... I got a Playstation 2!! XD;; I knew I was getting one since I accidentally read an e-mail my mom had sent... but yeah. I also got a wireless controller for it and other stuffs. ^____^ My brother is currently playing Kingdom Hearts because we have to take turns. Stupid kid. >_>

And last night I got a Japanese-English dictionary from my brother, but it's basically the exact same one I already have so I'm going to take it back soon and switch it for this grammar book I saw or else I'll just get a refund and I'll go buy the Kanji Dictionary I really wanted... wherever that may be. x_X;

Cosmos
December 25th, 2003, 09:44 AM
I got:

Cosmo and Wanda plushies
Game boy advanced
Pokemon Ruby :)
Pac-man
Iridion 3D
Simba and Nala plushies
Astronomy book
Pikachu piggy bank
Spongebob bath stuff

I got lotsa things

Miyu-chan
December 25th, 2003, 10:10 AM
I got a pair of Gap ovarolls (sp? o.o; ) from my cousin, but they're too large. n_n; And some food from my other cousin... and Christmas Eve leftovers from my Aunt. =P

22sa
December 25th, 2003, 12:05 PM
I got nothing. ^_^

Actually I got some dollars and some incoming present but still! ^_-

Chya-chya-chya -_-'

Greed
December 25th, 2003, 12:40 PM
I got 100 dollars ^-^ Enough to buy me a scanner, but now I'm not so sure I wanna trow it all away on scanner ;_;

I got earings *I hate earings.. Now I can't find them..*

And some other girly stuff that I lost as soon as I opened them >_<; I'm not good at keeping things I hate, I prefered money, so I can buy myself a better pair of pants and t-shirts @_@

*gets killed by money!!*

usami
December 25th, 2003, 01:15 PM
I got a Gameboy advance Sp
Simpsons Clue
Simpsons Hit And Run For The Ps2
The Hobbit for Xbox
2 Xbox Controlers
2 Ps2 Controlers
Ape Escape2
Yu-Gi-Oh Faulsebound Kingdom
An Xbox
And Clothes *blegh*.

100marios
December 25th, 2003, 02:54 PM
I got (and I'm quite happy hehe)

Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 (was a nice suprise)
Lotr: Rotk for gba (still fun to say! My sister and I already knew what eachother's gifts were before we opened them even though we didn't see them. I got her the Nightmare before Christmas dvd and mine was lotr)
Gameboy Player
Micropet: reminds me of Furby! That accursed creature! I'm glad he broke!
111 dollars: wahoo! This the most I've ever gotten!
40 dollar best buy gift card: cool!
Uno Attack
Lotr monoply: I was beaten badly by my dad and sis! *sniff*
Aragorn action figure: At least being forced to play barbies with my little sister won't be as bad hehe.......(my older sis got leggy)
The rest isn't as important hehe....
The only thing I didn't get that I wanted was "Fire Emblem", but my dad said, "that's what some of the money is for"
I had a good Christmas!..oh and lots of candy!.....and a banana!

Frostweaver
December 25th, 2003, 03:19 PM
I got nothing for Christmas too ^_^;;
So no need to be too depressed 22sa (if you are depressed that is)

Cherrim
December 25th, 2003, 03:25 PM
@_@ We didn't end up opening the rest of our gifts until about 3 pm today. That's the latest I've ever had to wait. XD Er... updated list of stuff I got XD:

-Wacom Tablet (OMG SPAZ!! XD I didn't even ask for it)
-Blink 182's new CD
-Hair straightener (I've needed one for a while. >_>)
-a book (o_O I dun remember which one)

My brother had about 15 gifts under the tree. o_O; It happened last year, too. He's always the first and last one opening gifts. XD

TVR
December 25th, 2003, 04:09 PM
i got Grand Theft Auto double pack for X-box. and Hitman 2. clothes and a computer game and a dartboard.

22sa
December 25th, 2003, 04:14 PM
I got nothing for Christmas too ^_^;;
So no need to be too depressed 22sa (if you are depressed that is)
First of all, *takes Lightning's new Blink 182 and makes it mine* "I love my new Blink 182 CD!!!" ^_^;;;;;;;;; Meh, you really got nothing? Yeahrightcough. :) I'll give you something next time me meet, maybe.

YAS1
December 25th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Now I just got: science set and a metal dectector, and all the stuff I mentioned in the first post.

mewthree w/armor
December 25th, 2003, 05:20 PM
Got some MOH games, a Few Books, DVD's, and Cash.

Shadow
December 25th, 2003, 06:04 PM
I got an X-Box that came with Tetris Worlds, Star Wars Clone Wars, and Grabbed by the Ghoulies.
I also got an X-Box Memory Card, and Crash Bandicoot the Wrath of Cortex to go with it (my father, who the X-Box was also for) got an extra controller.
I also got several Legos, Simpsons Jeoperdy, the K'Nex Roller Coaster thing, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 Time Twister Expansion, Spongebob Season 1 DVD, and some Yugioh cards.
I also recieved a $150 check a few weeks ago and spent $30 of it on Yugioh cards Saturday.
*runs off to spend it on Yugioh the Sacred Cards for GBA and several more Yugioh cards while saving $50 of it for Sonic Heroes, in stores Jan. 6 for Gamecube*

Kayleigh
December 25th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Ohh! And I forgot to say, my brother got me a PS2 remote and memory card. ^_^ This jerk stole my old ones a while ago, and all of my game data (including Kingdom Hearts, which we were at the last level) was lost. So now I get to start over. ._. Anyways, I'll make me a list once I get everything in my room sorted out, lol.

Luigi-San
December 25th, 2003, 07:28 PM
I got:

a GameBoy Advance SP
Mario & Luigi: SuperStar SaGa
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Mario Party 5
NHL 2004
DVD Player
Backyard Basketball 2004
Lego Sports Hockey
A Snowboard
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (DVD)
Pokemon Channel
Pokemon Battle-e cards
Pokemon Card Tin (With 2 EX: Sandstorm bosters, 3 EX: Ru/Sa boosters, and promo Pikachu and Meowth.)

Blaine
December 25th, 2003, 08:39 PM
I got a cell phone, skirts *yay*, shirts, stuff for my summer trip to Europe, dental supplies *I lurve teeth*, nutcrackers, wallabees, Rudolph Misfit keychains, socks, candy, and money. I have a very extended family, it's the only way I get so much. Plus I'm half Jewish. Happy Channukah. I had a very happy Christmas.

Miyu-chan
December 25th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Geez, you people are making me (and my brother) so jealous. XD Merry Christmas to all, and all have a good night. XD

MoonLight
December 25th, 2003, 10:29 PM
ah might as well share my stuff too XD
Games FFX2 and Mario Kart - Double Dash
Wonders Of the Wild Crystal Figure -Africian Elephant
Pirates Of the Carribean 2 disc SD
The Lion King Special Edition Gift Set
Web cam and new mic
Wolf snowdome
lava lamp
nice case for my oil paints

Kairi
December 25th, 2003, 10:29 PM
You going to take a new picture for the pic thread with that webcam? That'd be cool, and a voice clip.

MoonLight
December 25th, 2003, 10:34 PM
well i will when i get the new comp my old comp just anit good enough to handle my webcam lol im getting one of those alienware comps if ya heard of them

Kairi
December 25th, 2003, 10:36 PM
Those are serious gaming machines. What are the specs and which games are you going to play?

MoonLight
December 25th, 2003, 10:41 PM
hmm have no clue yet act all prob get the FF11 package they may be great gaming systems but are also great comps fro anything really lol by the time im fin it's prob goin to cosr over 4.000 dollars Can very crazy but competly worth it XD

Kairi
December 25th, 2003, 10:43 PM
I have a gaming-quality one I got for $2,500. Id like to know the specs on yours if you know them, maybe in the computer thread?

MoonLight
December 25th, 2003, 10:47 PM
No prob at all here it is well the one im gettin it's freakin awesome that's all i gota say about it XD http://www.alienware.com/Configurator_Pages/area-51.aspx?SysCode=PC-AREA51&SubCode=SKU-ENTHUSIAST there are diffy specs there so i look and typed the ones up that i know

Miyu-chan
December 25th, 2003, 10:55 PM
I just got 50 US dollors. *_* From my cousin's husband mother. n_n;

MoonLight
December 25th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Ok here are the specs Kairi XD i had to write this all down XD
Chameleon Purple-Green - Limited Edition
Intel Pentium 4 Processor with HT Technology Extreme Edition 3.2GHz 800MHz FSB 2.5MB Cache
1GB DDR SDRAM PC-3200 - 4 x 256MB Module
Alienware Extreme Edition GeForce FX 5950 Ultra 256MB 8x AGP w/DVI & S-Video
Final Fantasy XI Bundle
120GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Serial ATA 7,200 RPM 8MB Cache
16x DVD-ROM - Black w/Software MPEG-2 Decoder
Plextor PX-708A 8x DVDR/W Drive - Black
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS - 7.1
Integrated Intel Pro/1000 CT Gigabit Ethernet Adapter w/CSA
Microsoft Windows XP Professional

IceKitten
December 27th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Well I got my first Mobile phone XD.....bit late, huh?

Mobile camera phone
Case for it^
Nice clothes
Horrible clothes
Need For Speed Underground (PS2)
Project Gotham Racing (Xbox)
DareDevil (DVD)
Jackass (DVD)
Chocolate
Shower radio
another shower radio :O
Handkerchiefs X(
Shower stuff (that should have included the radios, but meh...)
Wallet
Big quiz book
Pens
Britney 2004 calendar ^_^
15 in a card
Shoes (u know, them ugly smart shoes) ._.
Trainers :D

Yami NiCk
December 27th, 2003, 04:22 PM
I got:

-$300
-Few clothes
-Stocking: full of candy

Hikaru's Twin
December 27th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Hmm...well, i got:

Money (50, part of which i've spent on a Nadesico DVD Yay! ^_^)
Clothes (Including this skirt that i really wanted, which my mum wouldn't let me have, because it was in her words "Too short!" but yet she still goes out and buys me it for Christmas!) _;
Art supplies
Card Captor Sakura Manga Novel
Perfume
Gift Vouchers (To go spend in my fave Department Store ^_^)
Candy

And i'm still to get my Mobile/Cell Phone in January...

Geometric-sama
December 28th, 2003, 03:52 AM
I've only opened my Santa-gifts so far because I'm waiting for my aunt to get here so we can open the rest. x_X;;

But... I got a Playstation 2!! XD;; I knew I was getting one since I accidentally read an e-mail my mom had sent... but yeah. I also got a wireless controller for it and other stuffs. ^____^ My brother is currently playing Kingdom Hearts because we have to take turns. Stupid kid. >_>

And last night I got a Japanese-English dictionary from my brother, but it's basically the exact same one I already have so I'm going to take it back soon and switch it for this grammar book I saw or else I'll just get a refund and I'll go buy the Kanji Dictionary I really wanted... wherever that may be. x_X;
Get a Furigana dictionary, they're better. Seriously.

Arwen
December 28th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Well, I got a
Dell Axim X5 (199 US dollars) and a CF Card and case
A Gamecube
Games for Gamecube
and some other stuff... -_- *sighs*

Junichi
December 31st, 2003, 09:01 PM
I only got 10,000 yen for X-mas.

100marios
December 31st, 2003, 09:24 PM
Eh, as a word of warning to everyone, do not get Uno attack. (a lot of words but you get the idea) Unless you have a whole lot of people playing...that game never seems to end!! I like regular uno, but this uno is too much. The little launcher it has is cool and the idea is good, but it takes too long for someone to win!
10,000 yen? Um...how much is that in dollars? hehe..*smiles*

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
December 31st, 2003, 11:00 PM
i got $250 plus a $75 gift card for target. I got dvd's and a watch. I got clothes and I taped the every degrassi episode ever marathon.

Sankari
January 1st, 2004, 06:32 AM
I got $100 and spent it one roller blades at sports fitness (my dad forced me too). Turned out they were $39 with the discount. I also have a $25 Gift Certificate for Toys 'R' Us. I suppose if I add that money up, I'll get a Nintendo GameCube...with no games. I guess I'll have to wait for my birthday for Pokemon Colleseum *sigh*.
Oh. And I got a keyboard, watch with the exact time, Lerahk (a Bionicle), Disc Dr., Karaoke Machine (only use it to record tapes), a camera...and...a whole bunch of artsy fartsy stuff.
I saved the best for last. I also got a bundle of pokemon cards. One pack had a holographic Articuno (I'm SERIOUS!).

Kairi
January 1st, 2004, 04:16 PM
Ok here are the specs Kairi XD i had to write this all down XD
Chameleon Purple-Green - Limited Edition
Intel Pentium 4 Processor with HT Technology Extreme Edition 3.2GHz 800MHz FSB 2.5MB Cache
1GB DDR SDRAM PC-3200 - 4 x 256MB Module
Alienware Extreme Edition GeForce FX 5950 Ultra 256MB 8x AGP w/DVI & S-Video
Final Fantasy XI Bundle
120GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Serial ATA 7,200 RPM 8MB Cache
16x DVD-ROM - Black w/Software MPEG-2 Decoder
Plextor PX-708A 8x DVDR/W Drive - Black
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS - 7.1
Integrated Intel Pro/1000 CT Gigabit Ethernet Adapter w/CSA
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
A P4 EE...you must be ready for some serious movie ripping/editing/gaming/servering all at once. That seems kind of high though, because with the exception of the processor, I got the same thing(except with 2GB of RAM) for $2500.

Frostweaver
January 1st, 2004, 04:34 PM
It's canadian dollars... so in the end Moonlight's computer cost about 2666 US... so roughly the same as your computer Kairi ^_^;;

Pokemaster10000
January 1st, 2004, 04:39 PM
I got 3 GBA games from one my cousins.
A second GBA from my other cousin.
A link cable from my parents.
A skateborad from my other cousin. (Jeez, I have so many cousins!)
And a bunch of clothings from everyone else.
I have so many presents!

Kairi
January 1st, 2004, 05:13 PM
It's canadian dollars... so in the end Moonlight's computer cost about 2666 US... so roughly the same as your computer Kairi ^_^;;
You sure? She ordered it online, and I'm pretty sure they would have charged her US on her credit card. Silly Canadian money. ;p

Arcanine
January 1st, 2004, 05:38 PM
I got $200 in cash (I would have had more if I didnt have to pay back my mom XD), some clothes, some board games, Star Wars RS 2 (my brother has Star Wars RS 3 and it has 2 on it so im going to have to take that back), and a $500 dollar DVD/CD/MP3 player and you can hook up Video Games to it. It has two screens and one can be playing games and the other watching a movie at the same time.

Frostweaver
January 1st, 2004, 05:46 PM
Hmm... i think that when they ask you where you live, they'll automatically convert the currency to wherever you live... otherwise it's rather inconvenient for the buyers to calculate the price in their currency themselves.

As i said before... i got nothing for Christmas... save for chocolates but i'm not a big fan of them... plus it makes me thirsty after having 3 or 4 and I'm too lazy to walk from the computer room to the kitchen to get a cup of water ^_^;

Zita
January 4th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Not Much. Just a few Nintendo Game Cube Games..

*GRR*

Shelz got a better Game Cube then me.

Greed
January 4th, 2004, 11:35 AM
With the 80 bucks I got, I reunited them with my savings (64$) and got in total 144 dollars.

And I spent them on a scanner ^-^ It works like a wonder! ^_^ Very nice.. *drools over scanner*

My parents said to think of it as their X-Mas gift ^_^

*gets stabbed by scans* O_o;

Arwen
January 4th, 2004, 03:34 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Every moderator is getting better machines than me! I am the only one that is stuck with a Celeron Processor. :(.......

Although, I have 384 MB, it's still slow...

(seriously... I need to get a Pentium 4 instead...)