PDA

View Full Version : Mistaken For...

Miyu-chan
March 19th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Well, have you ever been mistaken for something/someone that you weren't? xD;

I've been mistaken for...

A younger girl (in real life) - Because I look too young, and I'm too short! O.o;
A older girl (online) - When I was 14, and when it was my 15th birthday on a forum, the admin told me that she thought that I was at least 17. xD;
A boy (in real life) - Because I have a really deep voice for a girl, I was mistaken for my brother. (And by my father notherless! >=/)
A different race/heritage/whatever (in real life) - Someone asked me if I was Vietnamnese, Korean, or Japanese before landing on Chinese. =_=;

Speak away! xD;

The Fallen
March 19th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Well here I have been mistaken for some guy I've never heard of -.-;I forgive you guys though XD.
I get mistaken for my brother and cousin sometimes, but that's about it.
Wow Miyu that's quite interest ing XD

Eliana
March 19th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Actually, I dont remember an instance like that...oO;;

NiNGi
March 19th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Well, I'm always mistaken for many things too xD

- I've been mistaken for a Rastafarian, which I AM NOT! I just keep my dreadlocks cos I like them.

- I've been mistaken for mr TROUBLE. Many people think I'm the worst of the bad boys and criminals when they first see me due to my kind of scary style, but I'm NOT BAD! Well, depending on what bad means to ya >=3

- I've been mistaken for my sister many times as I use to have quite a femminine voice once... fortunately it changed and now I get mistaken for my bigger brother! xD

- I've been mistaken for a Ninja wannabee!! xD [/RANDOM] Well, its actually somehow true because many people use not to believe me as a Ninja until I sticked some shurikens on their stupid butts! x3

- I've been mistaken for British, which I'm not as I am ITALIAN!! xD

- I've been mistaken from some TV dude whom I don't even know... some people stopped me on the street asking me whether I was a TV dude or something o.X'

- I've also been mistaken as a marijuana smoker, which I am NOT and I will never be. I have never even smoked nor intend to smoke a cigarette -.-'

Now I can't remember if I've been mistaken some more times, but I have to go to sleep so, goodnight! xD

Allstories
March 19th, 2005, 04:17 PM
One time this one guy was all like "Hey, aren't you Alsltories?" and I was all like "No, man. I'm Allstories." and he was all "Oh, sorry. My mistake."

Then I punched him in the face.

Ryoutarou
March 19th, 2005, 04:19 PM
I was mistaken for a girl when I was younger...For osme reason my mom dressed me up in a lot of girl cloths Oo

Eliana
March 19th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Omg XD
I'm trying to think of something ><
Oh yeah people used to think I was like 4 years younger XD;;;

digi-kun
March 19th, 2005, 04:27 PM
OMG blue you crazy girl XD

for some reason im mistaken as a senior...im a freshman XD

Cherrim
March 19th, 2005, 04:37 PM
I was mistaken for a girl when I was younger...For osme reason my mom dressed me up in a lot of girl cloths Oo
...*giggles*

Aaanyway... I get mistaken to be in my late teens a lot online. oO; Not as much anymore, though. XP It'll be fun to see if it happens in my birthday thread (assuming I'll get one xD). I also used to be mistaken as a guy a lot before the postbit included gender because my username isn't feminine or something. xD;

In real life... I'm not sure. oO; People don't really mistake my age. At least, I don't think they do. Nor my gender or anything like that. XP

DragonTrainer
March 19th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Lightning is a girl? Wtf?

NiNGi's Worst Nightmare
March 19th, 2005, 05:34 PM
That's what I was just thinking...

I got mistaken for a girl once at a sports bar when I went with my dad. It was because of my long hair at the time. The waiter said "Will you and your daughter have smoking or non smoking?". Then I pulled him outside and yelled at him for a minute. When he came back in, my dad wanted to know what I told him, because he had gone to the bathroom. I told him it wasn't very nice. And that's no lie. It's not PC-friendly.

Hantsuki
March 19th, 2005, 05:54 PM
~I'm sometimes mistaken to be younger because of my childish acts^^
~I'm mistaken to be older because at times I help people and give really good advice,my friends actual say I should be a therapist o.O and I also act older..dunno how :\
~I've also been mistaken to be a boy because I can also change my voice and it sounds deep and I really don't act all girlish if you know what I mean

Sammi
March 19th, 2005, 06:03 PM
since I'm short, some people think I'm younger. I was once asked if I was twelve (it was recently) o.o;

TRIFORCE89
March 19th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Aaanyway... I get mistaken to be in my late teens a lot online. oO; Not as much anymore, though. XP It'll be fun to see if it happens in my birthday thread (assuming I'll get one xD).
Hello? *taps screen* I'm here remember. If I'm here how would there not be a birthday thread for you? *checks calendar* Hmm...drat it's on a school day. I may not be the one posting the thread. But if it's not there you can bet I'll make it.

Er...anyway, that aside.

Due to my usage of Canadian spelling I've been mistaken for being British. Somehow, even my brother and my mother think I'm British. I occasionally slip into a British accent without realizing. I actually did that several times today. @@

When I was in/around grade 6-ish I was constantly mistaken for being a teenager. Once or twice now I've been mistaken for a 20 year old. O_O

Allstories
March 19th, 2005, 06:30 PM
People are always confusing my voice for my dad's cause it's all deep and stuff.

Bay-kun
March 19th, 2005, 06:51 PM
I've been mistaken for being younger then I really am many times. >> One memorable time, when I went to day camp for one day back in 6th grade, I was telling a counciler about how school sucked. Then he said, "Yeah, being in second grade is really tough." He was actually SERIOUS. I couldn't believe that he thought I was that young. XD

Anacortes
March 19th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Online, I'm always mistakened for someone older, maybe because it'd be embarrasing to compare my knowledge to the lack of age. IRL I'd be mistakened always the same way, since I try my hardest to dress maturely. Once someone knew of my real age, as they were talking about "insert my favourite subject here XD" I nodded in agreement and she laughed. "Stupid newbie, pretending to understand, eh?"
And I'd been mistakened for a guy, when an old woman looked at my back. o.0

Bree~chan
March 19th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Liek omg!:O This is the perfect thread for me!XD
When I used to have short hair,everyone except my family thought I was a boy.>>;;;
That was until I told them my name.XDDD
If I typed all the times I have been mistaken for a boy,this would be a extremely long post.XD

Merzbau
March 19th, 2005, 08:28 PM
I've been mistaken as being older...a lot. I'm 6'2". Whatcha expect guys? XD My dad does this thing...he starts talking to people that's never met me...he introduces me and then goes "Guess how old he is!!! 14!!!!!" "WHOA!" XD

MegaDitto
March 19th, 2005, 09:43 PM
I was mistaken for my dad once and a many times.I was mistaken for a girl.

ryan
March 19th, 2005, 10:05 PM
i always get mistaken for my dad on the phone. and my mom calls me john a lot... she's kinda crazy (my name is ryan)

Lion Heart
March 19th, 2005, 11:05 PM
ONLINE: Jedi_Amara thought I was younger than I am and thought I was lying when I said I was 17..

When I had my old haircut, I chucked a pic up online a few years ago when I was about 15, and people thought I flogged a pic of Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys for some reason, not cool.

OFFLINE: I get told by alot of people I look like a young John Farnham :P

Which I'm fine with, since he's one of if not my FAVOURITE singer, ever.

More recently, I got told I looked a little like Josh Groban, the fella in my avatar.

I personally can't see the resemblance between us though, I have a totally different haircut :P

Miyu-chan
March 19th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Glad to see that I'm not the only unfortunate soul. ;-; I get mistaken for those alot though. ;_; People keep thinking I'm 13, or that I'm a freshmen. ;_;

Lion Heart
March 19th, 2005, 11:06 PM
:O You are an extremely fast replier.

Kylie-chan
March 19th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Online...

I _always_ get mistaken for a boy! Grr, people, can't you read? XD
People always get my age wrong. XD See above. XD
I get mistaken for the people I copy. XD

Offline...

I get mistaken for an older person than I am. XD

Lucy Lu
March 19th, 2005, 11:45 PM
I was mistaken of being younger. 0_o One time I was in the grocery store with my parents. When we got checked out the cashier gave me a Buddy Buck(it is a crane game for kids). Man...I was sooo embrassed. ><;;;; Well only because my stepmom said I don't wear makeup, so yeah. But still...it was bad. This happened when I was about twenty years old. The cashier though I was twelve!!! Plus I had short hair so the cashier mistaken me as a boy as well!!

Crimson King
March 20th, 2005, 12:09 AM
ppl have told me i loke older than my age o_o probably my height :D

Happy Dude
March 20th, 2005, 01:07 AM
People think I'm 15.But it's because i'm too tall.It really annoys me because everyday my throat is sore from saying 'No i'm not 15 i'm 12'.XD.

DarkCharlie
March 20th, 2005, 01:18 AM
At a theme park once, I made friends with a few girls who were 7. I was 9 at the time, but apparently I looked like I was 7, too. I still look younger than everyone in my class, although I'm actually the oldest. (!!) The only giveaway is that I'm tall.

People call me a tomboy. I've been mistaken for a boy online once. On most sites, I'm DarkGirl. (Someone's already got DarkGirl here...) But on one, the name was taken so I was 'Charlie92'. Well, Charlie's a boys name, so you'd understand. My real name's Charlie (Not Charlotte!) anyway, I don't mind, I like my name.

Some people also said I look like Avril Lavigne. (A Singer) It's true! But I didn't change my looks purpousley, I wouldn't do that. It was just a total coincidence that I've got straight brown hair and wear combat trousers!

Mr Cat Dog
March 20th, 2005, 05:43 AM
On the phone, I get mistaken for my dad. Everywhere else in real life people call me Harry Potter, even though I look nothing like him -_- (At least I haven't been called a girl before *giggles*

Shadowfaith
March 20th, 2005, 06:01 AM
I have been mistaken for....

1) Another girl. I was harmlessly standing out side my English class one day, and this girl comes up and punches me in the back, I turn around to see who it was and this girl's face just kinda dropped and she said 'Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I thought you were someone else' XD, the look on her face was heleriouse!

2) A boy. When my hair was really short, people thought I was a boy. I use to here whispers directed at me asking if I was a boy or a girl >.<;; I am never cutting my hair short again ;-; Another is when I am on line, because the usernames I use are allways boyish, I normally get called a boy.

3) A younger girl. When I firt joined SPPF, People thought I was something like 11 or 12, because of my bad spelling XD.

And thats really about all I have been mistaken for...I think...I bet there is someone who thinks I'm a monkey now. *Loads gun*

Shana
March 20th, 2005, 07:08 AM
People always think I'm older. XD They're like, "YOU LOOK 19! YOU'RE GROWING UP SO FAST! What a young lady!" XD

pika2000
March 20th, 2005, 07:16 AM
When I had my old name (zappsan) many people thought I was a guy (although I said that I'm a girl in my profile).
I thought zappsan sounds male myself so I changed my name.
Now my name is changed but some people still think it :/

Lucid
March 20th, 2005, 07:17 AM
I get called older alot, a kid thought I was 19 once, and people guess I'm 16 a lot... I'm still short though ;-;

mvtm
March 20th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Ive been mistaken ,with MTV music channel.
Weird it is , but daily i do.

coachwhipneoship
March 20th, 2005, 09:31 AM
I have been mistaken for being older than I am (17).

Samuri Scearious
March 20th, 2005, 11:08 AM
I was mistaken for an earthling. I am an Ummite.