PDA

View Full Version : Your chosen career?

Soph
December 26th, 2003, 08:04 PM
Well it seems the older i get the more pressure people put on me about what im gonna do when i leave school. i guess its the same for many people....its always, 'what do u want to be? waht do you want to do?' im curious, those still in school, what do u plan to do with yourslef when u leave? and those with a job, what is it? or are uy studying at uni or college? me, it took a long time but i know what im doing when i graduate from high school next year, im going to TAFE to do a course in sighn language and im gonna become a professional signer...even tho im only 16 i already work with a deaf person, im her ears and her voice a lot and it bring me joy to help her life be eisier. so i know what ibwant to do but what about the rest of you?

Cherrim
December 26th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Well, I have a far off and unlikely dream of becoming a manga-ka in Japan (manga-ka = comic book artist). ^_^ If I can't get it there, then maybe here in North America. If not, then I guess I kind of want to be an animator... but my art teacher kinda scared me by saying that an animator is a lifelong career. I don't know if I like the idea of doing the same thing for the rest of my life. I've also been thinking of becoming a graphics/web designer, since that's one of my hobbies which I plan to expand on in the future.

Putting my knowledge of the Japanese language might also be fun... I could translate manga for TokyoPop or something. XD *whee!*

Soph
December 26th, 2003, 08:09 PM
dakota should do voices for cartoons or somethging....his is really incredible at voices.

Rift
December 26th, 2003, 08:11 PM
I really wanna be a comedian, an actor...or a teacher! but comedian actor is probably what im goin to be doin! or a doctor, "Hand me taht chainsaw and we'll get to work!" :laugh: j/k

Cherrim
December 26th, 2003, 08:13 PM
I really wanna be a comedian, an actor...or a teacher! but comedian actor is probably what im goin to be doin! or a doctor, "Hand me taht chainsaw and we'll get to work!" :laugh: j/k
o_O;; Stick with the comedian idea. I don't want to end up going to you for my check-ups, SL. I happen to like my limbs attached, thank you very much. ;p

edit: I think it's late. I can't seem to type words properly. XD;

Roxas
December 26th, 2003, 08:14 PM
Me? oh, nothing much. just the worlds famouse acter when i get older. :laugh: .Also, i could be an actor. and ..umm....a comedian

Rift
December 26th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Im going to be the next Robin Williams or Adam Sandler!!! (and if no one knows who Adam Sandler is...well thats just sad) :laugh: oh...i think i wanna be a brain surgeon! "And put the duck here..."

Soph
December 26th, 2003, 08:22 PM
i agree with lighting, dont be a doctor, comedian is just perfect for you, you a walking joke XD.

Purin
December 26th, 2003, 08:27 PM
I don't know what I should be, but I think I want to have a really special job in the future, unlike what most other people are going for.
It's really hard for me to decide now though. I'm studying Biology now so I wonder if I should take up something to do with that...

Dizzy
December 26th, 2003, 08:59 PM
Dizzy should do nothing because no one cares, Everyone just thinks he's a self-centered Rich spoiled ***** who everyone likes... Your wrong

I want to be a poet... I want to be something memorable. I want to be Mortician. Who cares Dizzy doesnt and no one else does. :)

Kairi
December 26th, 2003, 09:07 PM
I'd like to be an engineer personally, or a programmer.

Dizzy
December 26th, 2003, 09:12 PM
I used to want to be a Video Game maker. But then I had a great thought of being a Doctor, I just really love to help people... Whats better? The people come first, then I can worry about myself.

StarLightUmbreon
December 26th, 2003, 10:45 PM
Well I;m ant artist now my self. Though i'm going back to collage to finsh mt studys and become an animator or comic book artist.
When i was in high schoo l i though about being a doctor buti could not handle the pressure of what that ment.

DragonTrainer
December 27th, 2003, 07:14 AM
http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2146
We already have a thread on this, but oh well

I have given it thought, and I would like to be an engineer of some sorts.

Kayleigh
December 27th, 2003, 08:14 AM
I want to be a manga or Anim artist, just because drawing's my favorite hobby. ^_^ I also love animals and so I would have to find some sort of job with them involved too. Maybe a dolphin trainer. *_*

Hikaru's Twin
December 27th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Hmm...well most people think i should become some sort of Anime Artist because i'm great at drawing Anime but i'm not so sure about that...
I used to want to be an Anime V.A but i gave up on that dream because of the hard time my Drama teacher gave me ( and that's putting it subtly...) plus living in the U.K made it seem a bit of a longshot..
But hey i'm not so bothered about that, because now i want to be a Teacher ^_^

Kairi
December 27th, 2003, 11:10 AM
I want to be a manga or Anim artist, just because drawing's my favorite hobby. ^_^ I also love animals and so I would have to find some sort of job with them involved too. Maybe a dolphin trainer. *_*
Maybe you could draw Dolphins for anim! ;p I bet you'd be good at either. ^_^

Kayleigh
December 27th, 2003, 11:29 AM
Maybe you could draw Dolphins for anim! ;p I bet you'd be good at either. ^_^
Lol, my grandmother adores dolphins, and so I draw a lot of pictures of them for her. ^_^ Everyone seems to think they're really good. I might draw some for my art thread and post them up!

Miyu-chan
December 27th, 2003, 11:38 AM
That'll be great, Kay-chan. ;D As for me...My mom has been asking me this question recently, since SATs are almost here. >"< My mom wants me to be a teacher, an elementary school teacher, when I graduate from collage.

I used to want to be a Manga-ka, but my dream shattered when I realized that the chances of hitting it "big" are only if you're Japanese, and live in Japan. (since I've never heard of an American going to japan and becoming a Manga-ka. o.o; ) I also have an intrest in writing, and art, so maybe...I want to write children book's and illistrate (sp?) them. And work as a part-time teacher. =P

Kayleigh
December 27th, 2003, 11:52 AM
Lol. I have noticed that all popular manga artists are Japanese, and they're from Japan. o_o But we can start a new thing with American manga.. or something! XD

Miyu-chan
December 27th, 2003, 11:57 AM
But who knows? =P Maybe if you can actually go to Japan and start a manga there, you may be very famous. =P Japanese love foreigniers. *_* That's why they dye their hair blond and wear scary contacts. *_*

Kayleigh
December 27th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Lol, I've seen stuff like that. It's funny seeing a little Japanese lady with blonde hair and blue contacts. XD But you may be right, if they do enjoy foreign stuff then starting a manga series there wouldn't be a bad idea! ^_^

Miyu-chan
December 27th, 2003, 12:11 PM
I'll await for your manga. ;P

Frostweaver
December 27th, 2003, 12:24 PM
PC is like a big collection of artists who want to start their own manga... perhaps one day later I'll be seeing a whole series of manga started by the group of PC people ^_^

I still don't know what I should be yet... everything seems to be so hard in its own ways

Kipkip
December 27th, 2003, 01:48 PM
I want to be a video game designer. I would make the best games ever. :cool:
If that dosen't work I would be someone who runs a computer company and be as rich as Bill Gates :D .

Dizzy
December 27th, 2003, 02:37 PM
I want to be a Language Teacher Now, Portuguese Spanish or French is my chosen languages... Yay!

Miyu-chan
December 27th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Being a language teacher is nice...you're so wonderful, Dizzy. You know so many languages. *_* I know only Chinese and English... My mom says that the more you know, the more easier to get a job. n_n;

Greed
December 27th, 2003, 07:59 PM
I'm probably gonna be a computer designer, ya know work on comps a lot. I like them ^_^ And I'm an expert at it!

*gets killed by computers*

Miyu-chan
December 27th, 2003, 08:05 PM
I've heard that's very hard, and it does permanent damage to your hands. >"< (depends on which filed though... n_n; )But good luck! ;D

100marios
December 27th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Um Undertaker? Swearing is STRICTLY forbidden on PC, so I suggest you do something about it. (I may not be a mod, but I despise swearing on PC and off it, I just think it has no point and is wrong)
Sorry for that awkward intro hehe...but I've also thought about what I want to be once I finish school. Of course, I'll go to college first but after that, well, I've planned a few things. At first I wanted to be a docter when I was small but than a few things cut me short.(needles, and blood hehe...*gulps and twitches*) I've also that about being a videogame maker! I'd love to make the next mario! (none of that icky stuff) However, the one thing that I'd really like to do at this point and time, the thing that I'm most interested in is cartooning. I'd like to do it for manga's and animes and stuff, but I'd really like to start my own series "Super Monkey". I know it sounds strange, but I like the ideas I have for it. Either that or I'd like to join Pixar and make movies there! *smiles*

Cherrim
December 27th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Being a language teacher is nice...you're so wonderful, Dizzy. You know so many languages. *_* I know only Chinese and English... My mom says that the more you know, the more easier to get a job. n_n;
Not only that, but in many cases you'll also get paid more. o_o A study was done in Toronto (or Canada in general... I can't remember) and people who were bilingual, knowing both english and french, were paid up to 25% more than people who only knew one language. ^^;

Undertaker
December 27th, 2003, 08:40 PM
Not only that, but in many cases you'll also get paid more. o_o A study was done in Toronto (or Canada in general... I can't remember) and people who were bilingual, knowing both english and french, were paid up to 25% more than people who only knew one language. ^^;

yea true, but that applies to low paying jobs to begin with. like a Mac Donalds worker or something on that level.or even in the middle.but if u really get a good education and get on up there to be a doctor,or scientist or something, the two language thing wont really matter.

Dizzy
December 27th, 2003, 08:52 PM

Aww thank you Miyu-Chan, Knowing two languages is Cool Too, I wish I knew Chinese. Yes Lightning people that know morelanguages get paid more, my mother is a translator/nurse for the hospital and she makes triple than what she made as a secretary speaking just english.

Yami NiCk
December 27th, 2003, 08:58 PM
You know, I always loved "Mickey D's", especially their Big Macs, which always gave me the irresistible inspiration to say "Welcome to Mickey D's, may I take your order?" *Dazes to think about working for minimum wage to eat burgers, and become a fat arse.*

YEA RIGHT!

Heh, I'm going to think about a career that'll not make me stress so many hours in the day, and give me decent pay. 8-)

Tweak
December 27th, 2003, 09:37 PM
=O more languages = more $$!!!

good good...x) i'm majoring in foreign languages...of chinese, japanese, and korean. i don't kno ANY korean. i'm hopeing i don't get korean and my japanese mixed up. cause they are similar. plus, for chinese, i know two dialects of mandarin and taiwanese. and of course, ENGLISH is da most important, and i already kno that.

or i'm also intrested in writing stuff, maybe i'll become a novelist or script writer. :laugh:

if all else fails...work as a cashier for some local store.

MoonLight
December 27th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Ah yes my path to sucess XD well i want to be a Pro Computer Animator and graphic design Artist XD maybe one day all work for Disney lol :)

Purin
December 27th, 2003, 11:23 PM
I want to be a Language Teacher Now, Portuguese Spanish or French is my chosen languages... Yay!
That's a good ambition to make full use of your skills! I wish I knew more languages though, if only my Chinese wasn't tied down :\
I'm going to work harder on my Chinese next year so that I can make use of it in the future. You know, like in China kind of stuff?

Sakuyamon
December 28th, 2003, 02:07 AM
I wanna be a detective! and on my free time I wanna be a mangaka!

Lady Machoke
December 28th, 2003, 02:11 PM
This is a no-brainer for me. I am thinking about becoming an animator (classic, stop-motion, or computer). I really liked to see my drawings come to life, but right now I am saving up my money so I can go back to school and get trained (as long as my parents didn't get in the way, especially my packstabbing aunt. I hate her just because she disapproved of my career choice after I graduated from high school.)

Cherrim
December 28th, 2003, 02:22 PM
I wanna be a detective! and on my free time I wanna be a mangaka!
=P You'd probably be a manga-ka and a detective in your spare time. Being a comic book artist in Japan is a lot different than it is here. They're expected to have at least 17 pages every WEEK. o_o American-style comic book artists only have to give about 30 pages a month. You're worked pretty hard there. =P

Kyosuke
December 28th, 2003, 02:28 PM
I still want to stick with a job with computers, even though some might say that the pay isn't very good I still want to do it anyway because thats what I'm good with the most.

Mifuui
December 28th, 2003, 02:51 PM
I want to be a writer and write novels and childrens books and illustrate them and maybe also other books.
But I also really want to be a Swedish teacher. Abroad then of course. (Teachers in Sweden got really lousy salary. ><)
I would also love to be a translator. Translate books, movies, cartoons, comics and other stuff have been a big dream of mine lately.
(if I improve my German and Japanese and study some Norwegian and Danish I would be able to translate stuff from 5 languages! And I would know/understand 6 languages. omg. X3 )
To be an interpreter wouldnt be that bad either

(Oh! And I really want to be a manga-ka assistant! ^^; )

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
December 31st, 2003, 03:46 PM
I wanna be an actor/singer/ or an author for teens.

Catriona
December 31st, 2003, 06:38 PM
I'd want to be a dentist or something...hm... I really am not sure. ._.;

Kayleigh
January 6th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Well, I'm still thinking about what I want to be when I'm older. I'll definately do something with my artistic talents, but I also would like a different job too. A lot of people have said that I should become a model, so maybe I'll do that or maybe become an actress. It would just be so neat to be able to bring a character to life, and then get to watch yourself on TV! XP

DragonTrainer
January 6th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Like I told you in the PM Kayleigh, Im sure you'll be excellent in what you do ;)

Anyways, i haven't completely decided, but I may become an engineer of sorts.I'm sure my math and science skills will be good enough for it, and I am interested in it.Not a regular engineer, but perhaps a NASA engineer or something along those lines

Blaine
January 8th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Hm... Well, I want to go to college year after next to an early entrance program at Mary Baldwin in VA. They accept girls after 8th grade. So afterwards I'd go to either graduate school or law school, so I'll either be a lawyer or a writer. I'd like to be a book publisher, that'd be so much fun.

Geometric-sama
January 10th, 2004, 03:43 AM
I'll have had to choose my university course by this time next year, and I'm still not sure what I want to do. I'll probably do a combined maths and software engineering course. My dream jobs are, however:

-Manga-ka. Doesn't everyone want to be one? I know I'll never make it because my drawing skills are just really bad, but it doesn't hurt to dream.
-Fantasy author for kids/young adults. I love to write, and I'm writing my first novel at the moment. I've won prizes in junior sections of writing competitions for my short stories.
-Punk rocker. I love Good Charlotte, and I wanna have a band just like them. Sad, I know, but it's what I would like. It's a possibility - I'm very good at piano (and hence keyboard), and I'm teaching myself guitar.

John Denver
January 11th, 2004, 06:31 PM
I wanna be a game designer or anim drawer guy...

and maybe I'll be president as a side job..something like that

BOO (I forgot the rest)

baby*j
January 15th, 2004, 04:45 PM
I want to get a degree in English, Astronomy and International affairs.

Then, I would love to become a travel writer and travel around the world
and see all the great sights and people. I would also like become a part
of NASA some way or another ... and hopefully I will go to the moon (a dream,
highly unlikely) or maybe even the first person on Mars (hey, if it's a dream
then I can put whatever I like, right?)

*BONG* :chinese:

22sa
January 17th, 2004, 11:26 PM
I think knowing many languages represents self-discipline - which is important for one's worth in the economy.

My dad wants me to become an electronic engineer. But because I don't like most subjects at school, I don't know what I want myself to be in the future... except more social. Something I have to jump. Perhaps because I'm not learning the right way *shrugs*. I know I'm going to University though...:\

Frostweaver
January 17th, 2004, 11:43 PM
heh... 22sa it's not our choice to decide if you're going to university or not. It's decided by 2 things: parent and society. Parent always have absolute authority over you absolutely, as for society well dont' even try to stay "alive" half decently without university (being alive is different than living though)

*sigh* the idea of my future career always bothered me... various forces always push me to decide now... if I'm to ask for "suggestions" it can only be: lawyers and doctors (probably because if they know me then they can get some "benefits", and what parents don't want their kids to live a financially wealthy live?). And after tonight the idea of career troubles me to the extreme...

H.A.W.K.
January 18th, 2004, 10:35 AM
I wouldn't want my mom to control my carrer. But trust me. When I'm a rich football player. Iwill give ya all money.. SOmehow.. lol!