View Full Version : Boxing,Kick-Boxing,Or Martial Arts

March 26th, 2005, 8:54 PM
I want your guys opinion on which fighting styles out of these is the best?

March 26th, 2005, 8:59 PM
Martial Arts cause I do Taekwondo and no other.

March 26th, 2005, 9:02 PM
Boxing because Rocky does it, and Rocky is the best

The Fallen
March 26th, 2005, 9:06 PM
Boxing cause it's supper cool, and Rocky XD.

March 26th, 2005, 9:06 PM
Yea boxing is the best in my opinion well since i do do it

March 26th, 2005, 9:10 PM
Mwar, martial arts. I'm always wanted to do that ^_^

March 26th, 2005, 9:11 PM
Martial arts. Its probably the only one out of these 3 that actually require discipline and years of work. And MA is not just about competitions, mind you, but for the discipline it offers and it also changes your attitude. I know that cos I take Tae Kwon Do.

March 26th, 2005, 9:14 PM
You don't think boxing requires years of work?

March 26th, 2005, 9:20 PM
I been boxing for 4 years now and i am still not that good,it does take alot of determination and hardwork acheive this goal

March 26th, 2005, 9:43 PM
ummm boxing and kick boxing is a form of martal arts =/

but i know what you mean :D and i dont know whitch one i like more :P

March 26th, 2005, 10:11 PM
You don't think boxing requires years of work?

Yes and no. Yes, because you like, learn how to punch in less than a day and then you can just work your way to Heavyweight. No, cos there are many different types of punches and combos that you might be able to make up a new move.

I'm not against boxing or Muay Thai (the official name of kickboxing) but i'm just saying stuff that I believe ao. I don't mean to offend anyone.

ummm boxing and kick boxing is a form of martal arts =/

You are most certainly right. Muay Thai and Boxing are martial arts, although boxing is the only one invented outside Asia (not counting Brazil, cos Capoiera comes from there)

Sorye HK
March 26th, 2005, 11:06 PM
I do martial arts, but boxing seems cool.

March 26th, 2005, 11:28 PM
I don't like any of them =P But I dislike martial arts the most~

March 26th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Kick-Boxing is part of a fitness routine here..so if I had to pick there would be where I lay my finger on. It's cool. ^^

March 27th, 2005, 12:01 AM
I do Kickboxing and Karatee, and I would ahve to say they are both good in teaching defence to women, I can kick some seriouse butt! XD

I would have to go with Karatee though, because it teaches you more of wide range of attacks than Kickboxing does, but as I said, they are both good for something.

March 27th, 2005, 7:59 AM
Martial Arts ish the pwnz. ;P I used to take Martial Arts a few years back. I was always wanting to know some moves for self defense, so I took a class that was in town. ^^ I never made it to black belt though, but who cares. At least I can still kick ya'll with some whoopass moves. XD

March 27th, 2005, 8:27 AM
I'm a proud Shotokan Karate-ka and Kendo-ka, what do you think I'll answer? Martial arts, of course. I've donbe a little boxing and kickboxing and I have to say that my Shotokan and Kendo require a far more exact discipline and study than do either boxing or Muay Thai. That was what really drew me to Shotokan and Kendo, this sense that it's a liftime thing, that I can devote myself to these arts and by the time I'm 77, I can still rip people apart if need be. I reall admire the (late) Sensei Iwamoto. Kept training until he was 86.

March 27th, 2005, 8:39 AM
Martial Arts definitely! ^^ I took Karate for 5 years and it's awesome!

Lady Pearl
March 27th, 2005, 9:28 AM
I like Martial Arts better. :3 It focuses on both might of the hand and feet instead of one or the other. This shows a balance for self-defense when you're tied up by the legs, feet, or something. @_@ You don't have to focus on striking with power but with mind and courage also. Ookie, Pearl ish a weirdo for saying that. ><;;

Mr Cat Dog
March 27th, 2005, 10:28 AM
I'm not bothered about any of them to be honest, although if I have to choose, then it'll be Martial Arts, as Jackie Chan/Bruce Lee movies are so cool XD

March 27th, 2005, 12:39 PM
I like martial arts the best. It seems the coolest to me. There's nothing wrong with the other two, they just seem a bit more boring. :/
If I had to learn any of the three, it would be martial arts.

March 27th, 2005, 5:10 PM
Martial Arts rocks. <3 It's asian after all. ;D And it looks more... elegant. =3

John Denver
March 27th, 2005, 5:13 PM
Wrestling! ;)

*get's beat up by ninjas*

No hear me out...wrestlers focus none on blunt beating, but on very graceful and thought out submission techniques...a good wrestler can get you on the ground very very fast...

But in a free-for-all street fight...I'll take martial arts...

Lion Heart
March 27th, 2005, 5:42 PM
I'm not against boxing or Muay Thai (the official name of kickboxing
I did kickboxing for a while and my instructor said if I went overseas to Thailand I'd be able to learn Muay Thai and combine them both together, so you sure they are the same thing?

I did Integrated Martial Arts for a while, and I'll say it was okay to begin with but quickly got boring, very boring.

I done Wrestling for a while, but I felt some of the things there kinda needed to be kept in the bedroom, too suss for me, so I pulled out.
I also pulled someones shoulder out and I quit because of that aswell.

Boxing is funt I gave it a go, but once you've got the basic techniques down there is nothing to do but enhance them, I didn't learn anything new after about the 1st week...

Tae Kwon Do I've also given a go, and it was my favourite because of how many different kicks/throws, and other miscellaneous techniques you learn.

March 30th, 2005, 5:03 PM
Martial Arts. If you're good at Martial Arts then no one can mess with you.
My dad was a Black Belt in both Kung-Fu and Karate.
I haven't had a day of training but I can kick my cousin's butts and they been taking Karate for 4 years now (and for some odd reason they always ask where I got my training at XD).

March 30th, 2005, 5:09 PM
hmmm...I prefer boxing. I like to box, but then Martial Arts would be next on my list.

March 30th, 2005, 7:24 PM
Hmm, tough one o_o I perzonally love watching boxing (my mom got me hooked XD) but I do kick boxing az a daily work out routine zince it workz bezt for me. However I really rezpect people wo do martial artz zince it lookz pretty tough and kind of graceful :3

Probably Boxing though~

March 31st, 2005, 6:18 AM
I tried kick boxing...I got my butt kicked.
I tried karate...and got my butt kicked.
I tried boxing...and got my face smashed.

...I'm so glad I tried them...XD

Overall I'd say martial arts is better.

March 31st, 2005, 9:26 PM
My dad was a black belt in karate but I didn't do it for long. These are all tough but I would probably choose kick-boxing as the best.

April 13th, 2005, 4:08 PM
If Ninpo can be intended as a Martial Art, I'd choose that, of course.
Although the system is so superior that it shouldn't be considered as a martial art - more like a 'special training' imho! xP
Anyways, yeah, I'd definitely choose Ninpo... not many boxers or Kick-Boxers have the ability to withstand the power of a real fighting method... Kickboxers even have a great lack of waza, so yeah... Besides, Ninpo is not one of those 'sports' like kickboxing or boxing, its a real Warrior Art, and it can't even be compared to all the rest imho xP

After reading this, you'd probably think I'm a fanatic... well, I kind of am! xD And I'm proud of being part of it too! xD