PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel we may be going too far with these ridiculous polls?

Allstories
March 27th, 2005, 10:29 AM
I mean, having polls about things like the Loch Ness monster or general absurdities like this may be just going a little too far. How do you feel about this? Aren't we pushing the envelope just a little? Are we just running out of ideas? :\

Ryoutarou
March 27th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Not at all, this place is for polls of all kind. Just because something is an absurditiy to you doesn't mean it should be placed as fact, it may very well be something serious to other people

Shadowfaith
March 27th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Nope it's all in fun, XD. And as Blue said, it's for all types of polls, be they stupid or not XP

Samuri Scearious
March 27th, 2005, 10:36 AM
I mean, having polls about things like the Loch Ness monster or general absurdities like this may be just going a little too far. How do you feel about this? Aren't we pushing the envelope just a little? Are we just running out of ideas? :\

Hey! I made that poll. How is that absurd?

Alex_
March 27th, 2005, 10:38 AM
No. If you dont like it then just don't go to polls,simple enough.

The Fallen
March 27th, 2005, 10:40 AM
The polling is one of the best parts of PC.It's not hurting anyone really, they are just opinions and stuff.They are fine ^^.

Hollywood
March 27th, 2005, 10:46 AM
No! I like polls, so you can see what everybody else likes! You can see their opinions and express yours. Plus, you just made a poll yourself. ^^

Lady Pearl
March 27th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Polls are meant to be ridiculous and funny. :3 It's all about getting to know each other and expressing opinion. If everything would be harsh and serious, that'll be no fun. Most serious topics are in the T-Dome though. ^^;

Allstories
March 27th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Man, you guys are no fun. >:(

Crystal Clair
March 27th, 2005, 10:53 AM
I just think polls should be more reasonable. There should be a list somewhere on the forums where they show what topics must be put into polls like your favorite country, hobby, graphics program, animation program and even forum on PC.
The ones they have these days are crazy and insane. Maybe I'll make a sensible poll oneday.

Porygon
March 27th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Mwar, this can be counted as an "absurdity."
Shot yarself in the nuts, there. XD

digi-kun
March 27th, 2005, 11:11 AM
polls being absurd? thats psycho...polls are suposed to be random and stuff XP
you want absurd, go back to about page 35 of this forum to the crush thread place
or just go here XD
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2984
1055 pages just in that one poll XD

Sammi
March 27th, 2005, 12:36 PM
I don't think so. Insane polls are fun! ^^;
It may be that we're running out of ideas, but what's wrong with that? What's wrong with a weird poll? They're still polls, and it's still fun to vote in them. XD

Anacortes
March 27th, 2005, 01:17 PM
I don't have an idea what a Loch Ness is. o.00
I dunno, just don't get to the point where people are posting inappropriate polls.

Lil' Schu
March 27th, 2005, 01:49 PM
To an extent, I mean, the lochness monster? O_____________________O;

MegaDitto
March 27th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Not at all. It's just people posting a question and people sharing their opinion. None of the polls here are bad.

Dignity
March 27th, 2005, 02:02 PM
XD To an extent. That crush thread was almost another DCC. xD Insane! ~origin

pika2000
March 27th, 2005, 02:11 PM
I voted yes, because some polls in here are just really errmmm....ridiculous.

Miyu-chan
March 27th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Well, yes. But I'm all for it since it promotes activity in OVP. =3

Snivi
March 27th, 2005, 02:36 PM
I happen to like the polls XD

Kylie-chan
March 27th, 2005, 09:03 PM
....no. The crazier, the more fun they are =3 And the more original, the better for us all~ =)

Happy Dude
March 27th, 2005, 09:13 PM
I don't think we are going over the top.I think it's fun having all these different topics to talk about.

Lion Heart
March 27th, 2005, 09:55 PM
I mean, having polls about things like the Loch Ness monster or general absurdities like this may be just going a little too far. How do you feel about this? Aren't we pushing the envelope just a little? Are we just running out of ideas?

No. I think you are pushing the envelope a little far, and you are running out of ideas by complaining about it.

I like coming into this area and answering people polls, regardless of what it's about.

It's all called fun man.

ravenstorture
March 27th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Yes, but that is what makes them so fun and amusing.

Shining Mew
March 28th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Whats so bad about them? Theyre just for fun... and if it bothers some people then they dont have to go in those Polls o0; I dont think people are running out of ideas..there are tons of things to make a poll out of... but sometimes Id just rather like to answer a silly poll :P

Allstories
March 28th, 2005, 06:53 AM
No. I think you are pushing the envelope a little far, and you are running out of ideas by complaining about it.

That doesn't even make any sense.

Plus, you guys are taking this poll too seriously. ;)

emeraldslay
March 28th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Nice logic. Let's make a ridiculous poll about ridiculous polls, then reveal it's all one big joke. That'll solve the problem.

*rolls eyes*

Allstories
March 28th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Why is it when I try be serious no one takes me seriously and when I try to be amusing I look like a jerk?

Mr Cat Dog
March 28th, 2005, 09:29 AM
No, although this poll seems a bit ridiculous :P

TRIFORCE89
March 28th, 2005, 04:40 PM
If this poll is an indication of anything, then yes. Lol

Personally, I think we get lots of duplicate threads.