PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to be a mod?

armadilloHD
March 31st, 2005, 01:35 PM
I personnally say, no. It just wastes your time and it is a chore, it is too much responsibility.

Enix-Zae
March 31st, 2005, 01:40 PM
i would. It would brobably make me post more, and make me new friends ^^

plus, the challange of it would be fun :P

PrinceOfDarkness
March 31st, 2005, 01:53 PM
I am in between it. Kinda do, kinda don't. Being a mod is challenging, but I am on other forums, its kinda tough being an Admin/Mod when theres also like no one on your forums. *sighs* I wish I could get other ppl to join, but theres no advertising allowed.

Happy Dude
March 31st, 2005, 01:57 PM
I guess.But i'm just happy to be able to talk to my friends.

Crystal Clair
March 31st, 2005, 02:14 PM
What are the benefits of a mod on this site besides the signature editing and thread closing? On SPPf you can have custom avatars.

Team Magma Girl
March 31st, 2005, 02:18 PM
I have always wanted to be a MOD. I think I would make a good one but I'm still new. So I'm going to rush into things. I know my day will come soon enough. ^_^

DragonTrainer
March 31st, 2005, 02:19 PM
I wish I could be a mod, I've always wanted to be one =(

Hantsuki
March 31st, 2005, 02:19 PM
sure^^ I own a couple of boards and been an admin a few times and a mod,it tis a bit challenging,but I'm up for a good challenge^^

Miyu-chan
March 31st, 2005, 02:46 PM
There's a thread like this, but it's old already. =p

Well, yeah... I'd like to be a mod. I'd love to give support to the community. =3

PrinceOfDarkness
March 31st, 2005, 02:52 PM
I wish I could be a mod, I've always wanted to be one =(
You'd rather be a mod than a super mod*is confused* oh well, being a mod is fun and all. let's go party.O.O PM me if u wanna know my forums.

Natsuki
March 31st, 2005, 02:55 PM
*cries* I've always wanted to be a mod. Such pretty silver names...tons of responsibilities yet still with so many privilages...*sigh* The mod life would be the life for meh. ;o;

~Kelsey

Dawson
March 31st, 2005, 02:55 PM
Being a mod is awesome! I'm having so much more fun on PC now that I'm a mod XD

Timbjerr
March 31st, 2005, 02:59 PM
eh...being a mod never really appealed to me. XD

Be one for ove a year and you wonder what even pushed you to be one. Trust me.

Ryoutarou
March 31st, 2005, 02:59 PM
What are the benefits of a mod on this site besides the signature editing and thread closing? On SPPf you can have custom avatars.
Mods can't edit sigs O.o; And plus anyone can have a custom ava here XD

Draik
March 31st, 2005, 03:12 PM
Sure! But the chance for me? I'll prolly never become a mod.

Shadow
March 31st, 2005, 03:12 PM
Mods can't edit sigs O.o; And plus anyone can have a custom ava here XD
They could for a short bit until a mod got hacked and sigs got edited. You get the Mod Lounge too. XD Though I've heard its different than from when I was a mod.

I'd say I want to be a mod, but asking makes your chances nil. ;p

Kyogre-chan
March 31st, 2005, 03:17 PM
From my current point of view? Nope! I'm already a mod. XP

From a non-mod point of view? Of course! I'm always looking for ways to help the community, and to moderate is to help the community. Also, as many moderators have said before, moderating requires responsibility, and there are more advantages of being a regular member as opposed to a moderator, though I'm willing to accept that.

Anacortes
March 31st, 2005, 03:21 PM
Well I'd personally gived up hope in ever excelling in forums after well..I'd perfer not to talk about it.
If I'd ever been given a chance to be a mod, I'd regain mah confidence here. So I suppose it wouldn't hurt. I hope this dosen't count as asking though..

BluePhoenix
March 31st, 2005, 05:01 PM
Offcourse I would love to be a mod or even a super mod. I like to get responsibilites. I have always wanted to be one of these. But I don't really know that will I become a mod or not. But still I have hope that I will become one. One day.

~RAP~

Kylie-chan
March 31st, 2005, 05:07 PM
You can't edit sigs here unless you're higher staff, and everyone on PC can have custom avatars, Crystal Clair.
1. You get a prettier name than the mods at SPPf ;P
2. You can get a coloured profile
3. You have access to Spam World - erm, the mod areas.
4. All the normal mod benefits.

Don't think modship is all benefit though. >>; It's also responsibility.
Of course, the good balances all the responsibility out =D

But, when I wasn't a mod, heck I wanted to be one. XD
1. I wanted to tell people off that were bugging me with their flaming and stuff.
2. I wanted the power to warn people for their sigs. I was reporting a lot of sigs as I recall. XD
3. I wanted the power to lock threads, etc. I was ALWAYS reporting, especially on IM [Bunny got the worst of that XD] and I still am. XP
4. I wanted to be a mod on the second biggest Pokmon forum on the net~

armadilloHD
March 31st, 2005, 05:13 PM
Well I guess if I was the mod of the sprite comics forum, than it wouldn't be so bad, it isn't very active anyway.

Teara
March 31st, 2005, 05:15 PM
Hmm, well I'm not going to buzt my bum trying to become one but I wouldn't mind modding 1 forum :3 I don't think I could handle modding a bunch of areaz like zome modz do though o_O''

Dark Sora
March 31st, 2005, 05:30 PM
I guess I'd want to be a mod. It's pretty boring, just being a little member.Mods actually have something to do. Members only post around XD

However, I wouldnt want to be one right now. But after the Presidential Elections sounds great. I wouldnt want to get kicked out of the elections for being modded, and then lose my only chance at getting a cool colored name XD

Kylie-chan
March 31st, 2005, 05:36 PM
I guess I'd want to be a mod. It's pretty boring, just being a little member.Mods actually have something to do. Members only post around XD

However, I wouldnt want to be one right now. But after the Presidential Elections sounds great. I wouldnt want to get kicked out of the elections for being modded, and then lose my only chance at getting a cool colored name XD
You be quiet >> *glares* I got modded in the elections and missed out on my pink VP name you all knew I was gonna get XD

The Fallen
March 31st, 2005, 05:46 PM
It's always been my dream to be a mod XD.Maybe I'll become one some day!XD

Kyogre-chan
March 31st, 2005, 05:49 PM
It's always been my dream to be a mod XD.Maybe I'll become one some day!XDOr maybe not. It depends. Maybe when you start deserving it, you'll become one. ^^

Kylie-chan
March 31st, 2005, 05:53 PM
Yep! I mean, there's no way in the wide world I'm going to be a mod~! ^_~ I'm spammy, annoying, irritating, useless, and I've been banned! XP

Oooh, what's that? *pokes her silver name* Omg, I've been modded =O

Kyogre-chan
March 31st, 2005, 05:55 PM
Yep, that's how it works! Like Brittany says, she joined to spam and get banned. Now she's a mod, and the President. Go figure. ^_^

Eliana
March 31st, 2005, 06:00 PM
;0; I wanna be modded, it's not fair. Why can't I be modded? *runs off crying*

XD

Dignity
March 31st, 2005, 06:04 PM
Okay.. I know I shouldn't even respond to this thread, but.. >.>; Yeah okay, I want to be modded. I want to be able to sticky and unsticky threads myself, and lock threads by myself. Tis a bother reporting them. I also just want to help out the community. ~origin

Kenny_C.002
March 31st, 2005, 06:06 PM
eh...being a mod never really appealed to me. XD

Be one for ove a year and you wonder what even pushed you to be one. Trust me.

You said it. I've been a mod for god knows how many years. wtf was I thinking when I accepted the deal (like 2 years ago!)? Then again, it's kinda nice to have the power to help (many things) when you need it.

You'd rather be a mod than a super mod*is confused* oh well, being a mod is fun and all. let's go party.O.O PM me if u wanna know my forums.

That's EXACTLY what I did here in PC, went from s-mod to mod (it was my request to a certain extent). ;)

Pazuzu
March 31st, 2005, 06:06 PM
yeah it sure would be a cool thing! ^.^
if so you could really help the community!

Lady Pearl
March 31st, 2005, 06:20 PM
Nah, I wouldn't like to be a moderator anymore. ;3 After facing many difficulties, I just want to relax with all of my friends and be a caring member without moderation. ^^; I wouldn't like the power since I don't like to close threads in front of the creators of the threads. I could help the community even if I wasn't a moderator and still be proud. ^__^

Overlord IX
March 31st, 2005, 06:46 PM
Sure,Id love to be a Mod. It'll be fun facing the challenges that await.

B-Baller
March 31st, 2005, 07:26 PM
Yes and no. Yes, because its a whole new challenge for me to handle such a big forum. No, because I'm already a mod/admin on too many forums, and the head admins say "You're doing a perfect job!" XD

Arcanine
March 31st, 2005, 08:45 PM
This might come to a shock to a lot of you but. No I wouldn't want to be a Mod.
I would be happy with Praetor or Admin but I wouldn't take a Mod or S-Mod spot. A lot of you think we have it good being Staff. It's not true, being a member some times is a great thing (a lot of you don't know how good you got it). Being a Mod is no walk in the park, and most of the Mods don't get enough respect from members and credit for their work on PC. On another forum I'm on I have lots of fun (I can go post spammy type posts, do dares and other things), the head Admin wanted to Admin me there but I turned it down. I wanted to be a member, not Mod, not S-Mod, not Admin.
Right now after knowing all sides from every rank (other then Prez and VP) I would say if I was to get Modded right now then I don't think I would say yes. Yes being a Mod is something not everone gets, and all members that are asked should say yes. But I will add being a Mod isn't what everyone thinks (it's not lock a few threads and you're done, it's more then that).

Crimson King
March 31st, 2005, 09:17 PM
getting modded really aint that big of a thing for me, i enjoy just being able to post here, but if i was ever to be given the opportunity to become one than i guess i would say yes (or no, depends what forum i would be modded to ;3)

Lust
March 31st, 2005, 09:36 PM
Yes, I would. It would be a big responsibility but I think I could handle it.

Freenaturearts
April 2nd, 2005, 09:52 AM
My Master Goal and dream is to be with FG and Moonlight as moderaiter of the Art gallery, My number one favorite place in the world and a bunch of people that need protection^.^!

:nods: I voted yes for that ^^
But I would love to be a mod anywhere in PC , to help protect and serve would be a honor above all in the world *.*.

I'v been a mod in two other pokemon sites but one fell cause I was the only one there that was a active mod, however that was only one of them. Pokemon world is a good place but I havent been there moding for a while because the place died out after a week of action.
I'v also been a admin once,it was alot of tough work so I wished to drop back down to a Mod.
I know they dont get the respect mods deserve, but just the thought of helping such a site is an amazing thing to me and I would be more then abligated to take part in protecting it.

O_O When I joined though it said not to beg for a spot or you will be band.
So I shut my mouth here befor I start proveing reasons why I would be a good mod in the art gallery and/or other chat Baords XD

ryan
April 2nd, 2005, 10:27 AM
maybe... i used to resent mods to a degree, but most of them alright and it would probably be an honor to be associated with them. however, i don't know what i would moderate and i'm really not sure exactly what mods do other than tell people to stop talking trash/double posting/and close threads gone bad... but it would still be fun.

Dark Sora
April 2nd, 2005, 10:40 AM
You be quiet >> *glares* I got modded in the elections and missed out on my pink VP name you all knew I was gonna get XD

XD I know you was gonna get it. You and Toto was going to win the elections, but then you both got modded. I'm so happy. I finally have a chance XD

Icy42
April 2nd, 2005, 11:04 AM
I'd loooooooooooooooooove to be a mod! But I hope this doesn't count as asking, though...

AngelWolfie
April 2nd, 2005, 11:25 AM
I think I'd make a good mod ^.^ Yeah, I think it'd be neat. I'm surprised people who are REALLY active like Docotr Zoidberg aren't mods >>

Rageman
April 2nd, 2005, 11:28 AM
I'd make a good mod.. cuz I like COOKIES:D

Mr Cat Dog
April 2nd, 2005, 11:30 AM
No. I don't want to return to that cesspool of corruption and slander and tabloid press stories and drug abuse and everything XD

Kura
April 2nd, 2005, 05:28 PM
:3 i would, i'd get to actually see who's given me rep @@ and i'd be more popular :3 and be looked up to@@..
it'd be cool :3

Kenny_C.002
April 2nd, 2005, 05:55 PM
No. I don't want to return to that cesspool of corruption and slander and tabloid press stories and drug abuse and everything XD

lol You should descend to the corruption WITH me (the problem is, I already did lol). XD

Oh noes! Corrupted by the dark an sinister powers! And somehow random member still want to be corrupted. XD

Icy42
April 2nd, 2005, 06:11 PM
Does saying yes count as asking? :surprised

PrinceOfDarkness
April 2nd, 2005, 06:24 PM
I'd love to be a mod. I'd be a great mod like PIKA2. I even told Jeremy that one day I would want to be a great mod just like him(or the her X_X)

Flygon trainer
April 2nd, 2005, 06:50 PM
If I had the knowlage that I did today, I would never want to be a moderator. I thought I would be more popular as a mod... but interestingly enough, I was asked for help more often as a normal member then a mod.

Poke
April 2nd, 2005, 08:11 PM
Meh..... I really dont care...... sure itd be fun..... probably make you more popular but really it doesnt matter. I mean I wouldnt mind being one but being a novice member is fine.

Shining Mew
April 2nd, 2005, 08:34 PM
Meh, I dunno xD Sometimes when I come to PC it for relaxation from SPPf modding xD But im always up for helping people out... so w/e. Im honestly not sure xD

Kylie-chan
April 3rd, 2005, 12:03 AM
That's why I go to SPPf, Jess. XD [Congrats on s-modship, btw <3]
Of course, I could do with a holiday. XD A Smogon attack on my forum, doing a lot of locking, updating lists, telling people off, helping people, and going into Computer Help & Discussion =O I'll be dead by next Tuesday. XD

Hive Mind
April 3rd, 2005, 12:12 AM
I would, only if I could help out my friends and others. I'm not exactly sure if I could take the responsiblity.

Murpheos
April 3rd, 2005, 02:20 AM
I would like to become a Moderator in PC, if the opportunity ever came along. It would be fun and a challenge.

Poke
April 3rd, 2005, 04:44 AM
The funnest part would be....... being able to tell people whats right and wrong........ but the bad part is that it takes alot of work to be a mod........ of course I hate work........

latias45
April 3rd, 2005, 04:45 AM
i think being a mod would be very fun!! you can help with thing!

Geometric-sama
April 3rd, 2005, 04:56 AM
Ah, I'd love to be a mod, it must be so nice to help people!

Poke
April 3rd, 2005, 05:05 AM
Whoever says that they want to be a mod to "help people" I believe are talking bull****
because I can tell you they just want it for the priveleges. They think that sayin they would because they want to "help people" isnt their main reason for wanting to be a mod........

IceKitten
April 3rd, 2005, 05:15 AM
I wouldn't mind being a Mod *wink wink wink-*slapped by a cookie*

I'm a Mod on another vB forum!

Poke
April 3rd, 2005, 05:18 AM
ha...... im a mod at my friends forum..... unfortunatly that was closed down....... so I would probably no special attributes that should give me modship so im outta luck o well.....

Geometric-sama
April 3rd, 2005, 05:18 AM
Poke: Shut up, you obviously don't know what you were talking about. I was a mod for several months. The only reason I regret being fired is that it makes it a lot harder to help people from this side of the fence.

Poke
April 3rd, 2005, 05:22 AM
All right dude I respect your opinon k? I dont like gettin in fights. Im just sayin dude nobody wants to be a mod just to help people........

Kyogre-chan
April 3rd, 2005, 05:25 AM
Whoever says that they want to be a mod to "help people" I believe are talking bull****
because I can tell you they just want it for the priveleges. They think that sayin they would because they want to "help people" isnt their main reason for wanting to be a mod........Hardly. I have quite a lot of experience as a mod, from other forums. I know how it works. As other mods have said, you often find yourself wondering what the HFIL you were thinking when you accepted the job. But meh. I'm not in it for the advantages, I'm in it to help.

As for others… well, people seem to think that modship = popularity. I really wish some of those wannabe mods could actually become mods, so they'd know what it's like before they go around blabbering about how they deserve it and such.

Geometric-sama
April 3rd, 2005, 05:27 AM
Oh yeah. Definitely what Ty said. It's a lot of infighting >_>

Poke
April 3rd, 2005, 05:29 AM
Interesting....... well I guess that goes for select people like you Jedi or you Chan..... but for a few others I wouldnt say they are....... but I could be wrong......

Kyogre-chan
April 3rd, 2005, 05:32 AM
EDIT: Meh, this post was _way_ too slow. XD;

But still, you have no right in saying that. Sure, there's a few people in it for the advantages (which basically signals a power hungry mod), but that doesn't mean everybody is.

Poke
April 3rd, 2005, 05:35 AM
Im not saying there great. You completly MISUNDERSTOOD my meaning. Some people might THINK they would have better advantages. What they THINK is that saying they want to help people might increase their chance. Im not saying your modship powers are great Im just saying other people might THINK they are great..... thats all.......

EDIT: o okay my bad...... Ill respect whatever you say and believe that some people are in for helping but not all.....

Kyogre-chan
April 3rd, 2005, 05:42 AM
Ah, I misunderstood. My apologies. ^_^;

Actually, here's a fun fact. When it comes to promotion time, the "mod wannabes", persay, are actually quite overlooked.

Poke
April 3rd, 2005, 05:46 AM
lol yeah anybody who either sucks up to mods to much or begs to become one.... never becomes one lol......

Lion Heart
April 3rd, 2005, 06:06 AM
I couldn't care less.

I'd hate to be a mod of a really popular area aswell.

Poke
April 3rd, 2005, 06:08 AM
you have a point there lionheart...... if you were somewhere popular you would have quite the heavy workload.....

Lion Heart
April 3rd, 2005, 06:14 AM
Exactly.

If it was somewhere that wasn't real popular it'd be alright I guess.

Poke
April 3rd, 2005, 06:26 AM
Like where? Almost everywhere is popular....... isnt it?

Shana
April 3rd, 2005, 07:00 AM
Yes, although I would probably get lazy. x_X

Lion Heart
April 3rd, 2005, 07:36 AM
Poke, some of the places here are only visited by a couple of people.

Unlike some areas, like this one, which is visited by a LOT of people.

Poke
April 3rd, 2005, 08:32 AM
good point..... the last place id wanna mod would be the other chat *shivers*

Lion Heart
April 3rd, 2005, 08:42 AM
Yeah, you'd have to be pretty active to do that.

Poke
April 3rd, 2005, 08:44 AM
And that I am not....... I can only get on every other weekend....... o btw, which forums arent very active?

Kyogre-chan
April 3rd, 2005, 08:49 AM
Actually, believe it or not, the most active part of PC is Art Gallery, followed by Pokmon Handheld Platform Games. Other Chat comes in at 4th place, after RomHacking/Pokmon GB Emulation. In terms of the moderation-needy forums, Other Chat comes 3rd, after New Users/Welcome and MCG. o.o;

Lion Heart
April 3rd, 2005, 08:54 AM
Art Gallery is #1?

Gee.. No wonder it has 3 mods right?

Poke
April 3rd, 2005, 11:42 AM
wow i woulda expected other chat to be in first......

Porygon
April 3rd, 2005, 11:42 AM
Mwar, NO WAY. I joined as a Member, I've been a Member all this time, I'm happy being a Member, and I've never done anything to deserve Modship anyway. Besides, I may want to run for PC Pres next year, mwar ^_^

John Denver
April 3rd, 2005, 01:56 PM
Do I wanna be a mod?

holy crap NO!! <_> heh

Trikip
April 3rd, 2005, 02:01 PM

Any member can have a custom avatar here. ^_^

Lizzie
April 3rd, 2005, 02:04 PM
Well I always wanted to be mod, I think I got good ideas for pc, anyway if I wanna be mod I gotta earn my respect and let people notice me more, problem is I gotta face my fear of shyness XD ^_^ I know i'll get there some day

husk1442
April 3rd, 2005, 02:28 PM
are the mods allowed to (un)ban people?

Dawson
April 3rd, 2005, 02:35 PM
Nope, only the higher staff can control the (un)bannings.

armadilloHD
April 5th, 2005, 12:30 PM
I guess this is like working for a game company. Everyone wants it, but no one knows what it REALLY is like...

PsiUmbreon
April 5th, 2005, 12:47 PM
I guess this is like working for a game company. Everyone wants it, but no one knows what it REALLY is like...
Actually, it's more fun then it is responsibility. Granted, you do have to look for spammy threads and stuff, and close them and reprimand the n00bs, but that part is also fun. Plus the notoriety and instant fame make it well worth it. XD.

Lord Jaws
April 5th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Lol I see no1 fell for the poll there. But Ill take the bait and say yes, being a Mod would be good. My 'area of expertise' if i may say so msyelf is the Strategies and Movesets section. And every time I go there and see no Mod I feel we are missing out. No1 to speak for us, no one to run the joint. So yes, I would like it. Although I get teh feeling this was a trap for catching out ppl asking for mods XD.

ravenstorture
April 5th, 2005, 07:41 PM
I doubt I would ever be allowed to be a mod again, but if I did get an offer, yes I would take it. If not, I am happy being a normal member. Is it something I strive for and think about? No. So I guess I am on the fence on this one. :)

Lion Heart
April 5th, 2005, 10:40 PM
I'm fine with being a normal member aswell dude.

It wouldn't bother me at all.

poliwhirl
April 6th, 2005, 04:23 AM
i would like to be a mod. i always check up on how things are going in the gardevoir fan club ~all is welcome~ i would like to be one

Rhykasho
April 6th, 2005, 10:15 AM
I would'nt mind being a mod, it looks like fun :D

But im just fine with being a normal member!!!

bgt
April 6th, 2005, 10:21 AM
heh, i don't know why I'm answering this question but anyways...

It would be great modding at PC but as we all know, PC already has enough staff members as it is and the chances of being picked is very low... :P

plus, being a normie is fine also.

charmanderflame
May 18th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Being a mod would be fun, but I doubt I'll be one soon.
EDIT: sorry lightning, didn't notice

Zorua
May 18th, 2005, 11:47 AM
I would say yes because bein a mod is cool and you get to close topics and do all that kinds of stuff i just cant wait until i become one though

Cherrim
May 18th, 2005, 11:53 AM
charmanderflame, please don't renew old threads. ^^ This is over a month old; if you like the poll, feel free to recreate it instead of reviving the thread.