PDA

View Full Version : Friends Forever

Al Duit
April 1st, 2005, 10:36 AM
Ok, this is my first time making a RP story. Hope you all like this.

Five friends from Pallet Town decide to go on their Pokemon journey together. One of the friend's 15-year old brother, hoping to be a pokemon documentor, comes along with camcorder at the ready at all times. I will RP the older brother. We need the five friends, including the younger brother of the fledgling documentor (if no one volunteers to be this character, I will randomly pick one of the characters to be the brother ;-). This takes place after Ash has made a name for himself in Pallet Town, so each character will know about Ash and Gary both, and may have even met them sometime in the past (they may or may not look up to Ash and/or Gary). All the characters would have grown up in Pallet town, and be 10-years old. Starter Pokemon available (I took the liberty of adding on a bit for variety sake): Bulbasaur, Charmander, Pidgey, Squirtle, and Rattata (all level 5). Other than that, you can make up what you want about them, following this form (keep in mind, they are just starting their journey, so, even if they studied pokemon better than Ash did, they have no experience w/ pokemon battling unless you provide a plausible explanation):

Name:

Sex:

Physical Appearance:

Skills not related to Pokemon:

Favorite type of Pokemon:

Starter Pokemon:

Hobbies other than pokemon:

Dislikes:

Fears/Phobias:

General Personality:

Background:

Here's mine:

Name: Dale Carter

Sex: Male

Physical Appearance: red hair cropped short military style, green eyes, freckles, short and stocky build. Wears a white polo shirt w/ a green totodile on the left chest, khakki pants, and black loafers. Carries a green waterproof backpack that holds his digital camcorder.

Skills: Cooking on a campfire.

Favorite type of Pokemon: He loves them all!

Starter Pokemon: Charmander (which has actually evolved twice and is a L36 Charizard now) nicknamed BBQ. He also has a kingdra named Icedragon, a butterfree named Flutter, a spearow named Swoop, and a nidorano named Spike

Hobbies other than pokemon: Journalism

Likes: Pretty girls (but doesn't get dopey like Brock), BBQ food

Dislikes: loud noises.

Fears/Phobias: Always worried his camera is going to get broke, and is very protective of it.

General Personality: Obnoxiously nosy. Even though he and his brother quarrel alot, Dale will do anything for his brother.

Background: His parents are loving and supportive of both him and his brother. He went on his journey at ten like other kids, but, decided to come home after 10 months to study journalism.

Electric Hero
April 1st, 2005, 01:02 PM
wow, to be your first RP you did it... very well! XD oh, by the way... Charmeleon evolves into Charizard when it gets into level 36... but whatever, if ou want forget what I said.... ^^;;

Name: Max Hunter
Physical Appearance: Blue eyes and black hair. He always wears all black, including gloves and a coat.
Skills: pokmon battles, pokmon, and... everything related. He can "recon" journeys around an area to know more about it. Max is very intelligent too, and always will try to find a way out of a problem.
Favorite type of Pokemon: (type? or pokmon?) electric, Pikachu.... ?
Starter Pokemon: Charmander
Hobbies other than pokemon: stare at the sky, kinda cooking, and... possibly other stuff, that can be revealed through out the RP
Dislikes: bad people hurting pokmon
Fears/Phobias: tornados
General Personality: He almost al the time happy, but sometimes he's really serious. He likes to leave one or two pokmon outside of their pokballs.
Background: He always wanted to be a pokmon trainer, and making journeys around the world to meet new people & pokmon. He wants to be the champion of the Pokmon League one day.

dqle
April 1st, 2005, 01:14 PM
Just curious, but how much longer has it been since Ash made a name? (in detail, which episodes and/or episode descriptions, please)

Other than that, I'll use my character from other RPs.

Name: Duc, often mocked as Psy-Duc (yes, that's my real name... don't ask why!)
Physical Appearence: Black, somewhat flat hair, black eyes, 5'0" tall, wears a blue vest, black shirt, blue jeans, white shoes, green gloves, and a large green backpack. Often mistaken to be Ash Ketchum. Also wears somewhat large glasses. Has a completely bandaged right arm.
Skills: Previously was a prodigy in Pokmon battles. Now doesn't have that skill anymore. Starting in Pallet Town again to regain his confidence in Pokmon Battling. Besides that, a jack-of-all trades. More on the camping stuff, though as he was a former Pokmon Junior Ranger.
Favorite Pokmon: Just about all, although has a special place in his heart for Pikachu, Pichu, Smoochum, Magby, Wooper, and Teddiursa.
Starter Pokmon: Squirtle
Hobbies other than Pokmon: Trying to figure out what's so special with his right arm, tampering with electronics
Likes: Electronics, especially the Pokdex, hanging out with friends.
Fears/Phobias: Team Rocket, especially members Butch and Cassidy, Misty's Gyarados.
General Personality: Very friendly and sometimes overly protective of others. However, he's very clumsy.
Background: Has started a journey from Pallet Town before, but never got to complete it because of Team Rocket members Butch and Cassidy. Before hand, his encounter with them caused his right arm to be bandaged up. Became close friends to Misty and stayed with her for a while, but decided to start all over again since Butch and Cassidy removed his unbelievable skills in battling. Although born in Saffron City, he's been a Pokmon Junior Ranger in Pallet Town.

NOTE: I will edit corrispondingly when I know when this RP takes place.

Al Duit
April 1st, 2005, 01:44 PM
Thanks for pointing out my level blunder about Charizard. I have now edited my post, and BBQ is now level 36 :P

I also made a slight blunder which I also corrected in the form...I wanted to know about skills outside of pokemon/battles that may help our group of friends survive on their own. So, can you give some thought to this? Also, if he's just starting his pokemon journy, and recieving his starter pokemon, he can't yet have skill in battling (unless you're implying he's a natural?). No reason to say it now, you can reveal it during RP, 'cause you've been accepted :cool:

Al Duit
April 1st, 2005, 01:58 PM
Ok Dqle, your character is accepted :D The time for the start of the RP is just after Ash saved his mom from the Unknown. Can you please clarify some things for me? How did Butch and Cassidy "remove" Duc's skill in battling? Is it a mental block of Duc's because of something terrible happening in the battle w/ them, or did they put some sort of machine on his head and erase his memory or something wierd like that? Does he have the squirtle at the start of the RP, because it seems Duc already has had experience in battling and couldn't have that w/o having a pokemon? Does he have other pokemon? Also, have you noticed your character is only supposed to be 10, so, did he meet Misty before she met Ash?

Electric Hero
April 1st, 2005, 02:24 PM
yeah... my character is a natural... XD thanks for accepting me, and I will edit the skills part. Oh... by the by, try not to double-post, if you want to add something... in the corner, is the only true almighty EDIT option XD.

EDIT: I already changed the skills.

Alana
April 1st, 2005, 02:36 PM
Name: Ruki
Physical Appearance: Dirty-blonde hair, dark blue eyes, black headband, black tank top, a black jacket, two black sweat bands on her wrists, blue jeans, and black shoes. She also has a black backpack (misty's style) and a black Pokegear around her neck.
Skills: Writing and Pokemon research
Favorite type of Pokemon: Flying
Starter Pokemon: Pidgey
Hobbies other than pokemon: Writing and Pokemon research
Likes: Pokemon, adventure, and traveling with her friends.
Dislikes: Pokemom thieves and people who mistreat Pokemon.
Fears/Phobias: A dog types angry grolw and Feraligatrs
General Personality: later
Background: Some of her past is a mystery because she disappeared when she was four years old and re-appeared when she was six. No matter how many times people asked she would never say why she dissappeared or where she had been all that time. She grew up in NewBark Town. When she was eight she and her parents moved to Pallet Town. Ruki was excited about this because the famous Pokemon Master, Ash Ketchem, had come from Pallet Town and she had always wanted to go there. Her father was a Pokemon researcher but he passed away when she was four. She wants to become a Pokemon Master but she also loves to learn about Pokemon so she took up on studying Pokemon like her father did. One day she hopes to meet a legendary Pokemon but for right now she's happy just to be starting her own Pokemon journey.

Al Duit
April 1st, 2005, 02:40 PM
Thanks again for correcting me, Max !:cheeky: I don't know why I didn't think to edit my first reply to include Dale's acceptance.:cross-eye

Thanks for your changes.

Wolf_Goddess
April 1st, 2005, 04:27 PM
((Room for me?))
Name: Sam

Sex: Female

Physical Appearance: Tall with orange hair. She wears jeans and a black T-shirt.

Skills not related to Pokemon: Writing and Reading many books at a time.

Favorite type of Pokemon: She likes all Pokemon except Geodude and its evolvtions

Starter Pokemon: Cubone

Hobbies other than pokemon: Reading, Writing, and collecting rocks.

Dislikes: Large crowds

Fears/Phobias: She's scared of crowds and some people

General Personality: Shy and calm. She is somewhat of a cry-baby. Somewhat of a scardey-cat as well, but not to the unknown (Meaning she's not scared of ghosts and such, but she's scared of scary movies, roller coasters, heights, ect.)

Background: She once lived in Lavender town, where she recieved the love of Ghost Pokemon and the Cubone. She witnessed the death of mother Marowak (Age Five), and wasn't the same since then. Sam found an egg resting by the spot where the Pokemon was murdered, and, overcome with awe, Sam took it. She moved to Pallet Town with her family due to the threats of Team Rocket, and usually is mocked for her strange ways. Her only true friend is her Cubone, one that had hatched from the egg she took. She longs to be a writer, but is willing to become a pokemon trainer as well.

((I'm basing this character on me! My favorite pokemon is Cubone. (Because in one Pokemon episode, Cubone was prone to cry and I'm a cry-baby!) I also LOVE to read and write, and my name IS Sam.))

Al Duit
April 1st, 2005, 05:50 PM
:( Alana, I'm sorry, but if you can't make yourself more clear on the background, and can't make out a simple description I cannot accept character. If you clear this up, I'll accept it. I mean, how can she live somewhere and not be there at the same time:confused: ? It doesn't make sense. Otherwise the PC(player character) was great and I'll gladly accept her if you can just clear up those two things.:D

Sam, could you change your starter pokemon to one of the choices given in my first post, or give a clearer explanation of why she has a :bone: (you also mentioned her recieving the love of an undisclosed ghost pokemon which I'd like to hear more about :classic: ). If you can do this, I accept your PC.

Ok, that said, if these two PC's are accepted there remains just one more PC, and that's the one that's supposed to be my PC's little brother. If no one else takes this character, I'll roleplay him myself, though I feel uncomfortable dominating the PC's (also, it makes me feel like a split personality), this is what will happen if someone doesn't take him (whatever his first name's gonna be) by Saturday @ 7PM EST.

Wolf_Goddess
April 1st, 2005, 05:55 PM
((I fixed it. Hope thats better. Just re-read her background.))

Al Duit
April 1st, 2005, 06:03 PM
Thank you. Your PC is accepted.:D

danielthmaniel
April 1st, 2005, 06:10 PM
*Sneaks in*

Name: Scott Samarah
Physical Appearance: Tan skin and short spiked hair. A green sweatband across his forhead. Light blue eyes that sparkle. In the sunlight. He has an easygoing appearance. A light green shirt with a yellow strip across it. Plain jeans. A dark green backpack he carries along with him.
Skills: Sketching pictures of pokemon or scenes.
Favorite type of Pokemon: Water pokemon
Starter Pokemon: Bulbasaur
Hobbies other than pokemon: Drawing pictures of all sorts. He has a large collection in his room.
Likes: The soothing sound of something peaceful. That, and marshmellows.
Dislikes: When people treat pokemon like belongings, not living things.
Fears/Phobias: Fire (He feels uncomfortable around fire pokemon)
General Personality: Happy and laid back. He will fall asleep often. He usualy has a good sence of humor.
Background: Scott lived in Cinnibar Island for his entire life. Untill a year ago he moved to Pallet Town when his mother got a job in a local department store. He still tried to ajust, but he has trouble ajusting form the island life.

Al Duit
April 1st, 2005, 07:19 PM
Ok, Danielthmaniel, I accept your PC. :classic:

Alana, I'm going to go ahead and accept yours too, on the condition you clear up the confusing background matter in a reasonable time (preferably by 7PM Saturday, but I'll give it a couple days if you need it).:classic:

Ok, that's five characters, but still the little brother isn't covered, so I'll be flexible and there will be a 6th PC. I'll still wait until tomorrow night @ 7PM EST for anyone who wants to be this character, then I'll take it over. Otherwise, no more PCs.

Alana
April 2nd, 2005, 07:49 AM
Sorry about the confusing background. I edited it. I also put in my descritpion though I didn't before because I was waiting for a sprite to be finished. If you would like me to edit my background again I will be happy to oblidge.

Al Duit
April 2nd, 2005, 08:03 AM
Thank you for the edit, Alana :D That's great! As I said in my last post, Ruki is accepted.

gothsinn23
April 2nd, 2005, 08:35 AM
*walks in shyly* can i be the little brother?

Al Duit
April 2nd, 2005, 08:41 AM
Oh, yes! Definitely! Just fill out this form (if you don't mind, the only starter left is rattata):Name:

Sex:

Physical Appearance:

Skills not related to Pokemon:

Favorite type of Pokemon:

Starter Pokemon:

Hobbies other than pokemon:

Dislikes:

Fears/Phobias:

General Personality:

Background:

gothsinn23
April 2nd, 2005, 09:22 AM
That's ok, I love Rattata ^-^

Name: Brendan Carter
Physical Appearance: He has a t-shirt with a pokeball embroided on it, and a hat with the same. The hat is a blue color and so is his shirt. He wears light blue jeans with a hole in one of the knees. His shoes are dark blue converses.
Skills not related to Pokemon: He is very good at making tools from scratch objects such as stones and wood, which is good for when he's camping or if he's lost and in danger. He is also a fast, agile runner and has high stamina.
Favorite type of Pokemon: Normal Type
Starter Pokemon: Rattata
Hobbies other than pokemon: Running, drawing, sitting by a campfire, walking in the woods, laying on the ground and looking up at the clouds.
Likes: Training his pokemon, the wilderness, sports (he also looks up to his big brother)
Dislikes: Vegetables, people who do bad things, strangers, people who are better than him (let's just say he has an attitude xD)
Fears/Phobias: Is scared of heights and is afraid of the dark if his brother isn't around. He is also afraid of unfamiliar people and bug pokemon (like Misty xD)
General Personality: Some consider him to be a brat, but when you get to know him he can be a nice little boy. He likes playing and traveling with people he knows.
Background: Brendan grew up in the peaceful town of Pallet, and was raised by a kind mom and a nice dad. He seems to be a little spoiled at times.

How's this?

dqle
April 2nd, 2005, 09:50 AM
LOL, I really need to stay with this group! It's only been a day and already 18 posts?!

Anyways, I'm here to fill in the gaps...
I expected to start out much later than the Unown and Entei incident, so I've gotta change my background quite a bit. My background then was meant for after Ash went to the Hoenn Region...

Background: Has started a journey from Pallet Town before, but never got to complete it because of personal reasons. He lived in Saffron City but actively participated in the Pokmon Junior Rangers in Pallet Town every year he could remember. Ever since Ash competed in the Indigo League, he sorta dropped out and became a Pokmon Trainer since Ash became his idol, not forcing his Pokmon to evolve whereas almost everyone else did. Seeing that Misty followed him everywhere Ash went, it sorta irritated Duc since he thought that Misty was only hindering his progress. Because of this, he has a small dislike towards red-heads and/or tomboys.

Okay, since Ash isn't in the Hoenn Region yet, I'll leave out Butch and Cassidy out. That situation was meant for much later. If you'd like to change a few things, however, I'll be happy to modify my character even more!

Al Duit
April 2nd, 2005, 09:54 AM
OOC: Terrific! Now we can start:D

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!"
I imediately sprang out of bed, turned off my alarm, put on my shoes (I had gone to sleep last night in the clothes I planned to wear this morning to get a head start), and swung on my backpack. I picked up my camcorder and turned it on and pointed it at my sleeping brother, who slept on the top bunk. This is gonna be great, I thought.I shouted "Hey, Brendan, get up sleepy head!"

OOC (again): You must have posted while i was typing this post...the changes are fine :classic:

Alana
April 2nd, 2005, 10:00 AM
Ruki's eyes slowly opened. She lay therte for a minute longer then remembered today was the day she would get her first Pokemon. She sprang out of bed and grabbed her Pokegear which was sitting on the night stand beside her bed. SHe pushed a button to make it stop beeping then pulled on her shoes, gloves, and headband. "I can't wait." She said happily as she grabbed the backpack she had packed the night before and sprinted downstairs for breakfast.

Electric Hero
April 2nd, 2005, 10:07 AM
The sun was up in the sky once again, waking me up. I slept with my clothes on, I didn't want to waste time changing clothes so early, it was my day. I just weared my shoes, and got downstairs for a quick breakfast cooked by my mom. "today is my big day, I'm gonna get my first pokmon!" I said to myself as I was running downstairs with a big smile.

dqle
April 2nd, 2005, 11:40 AM
OOC: Heh, no problem!

IC: "Aw, man!" Duc yelled at himself for sleeping in yet again. "Even when I'm in a tent, I still can't wake up in time!"

Duc quickly started emptying out his tent that he brought along with him, and quickly packed it away. He scarfed down the milk and cereal that he had at the same time he was stuffing everything he had to bring for the trip to Pallet Town. "I bet my Ranger counselor would be yelling right about now." he joked to himself.

Realizing that the food he brought took the majority of the backpack's weight, Duc could finally run with the thing on. He was just camping at the outskirts of Pallet Town, but it was just at that time when Professor Oak would be distributing the Pokmon out. "Please, just let there be a Squirtle there!" If he had noticed that he just ran past the Ketchum household, he would have cared less about his first Pokmon.

gothsinn23
April 2nd, 2005, 01:50 PM
Brendan woke up immediately and jumped up, hitting his head on the ceiling. "Oouucchh..." he said sleepily. Brendan looked over to his brother, "What do you..." then he noticed the camcorder in his hand, "Oh you better not!" he said, quickly climbing down off the bunk and running over to his brother. "He tried to reach the camcorder in his brother's hand but he was too short, "Darnit!" he said.

Al Duit
April 2nd, 2005, 02:06 PM
"Hurry up and get dressed, shorty. Have you forgotten what day this is?" I ruffled his hair with my free hand. I didn't really have to tell him to hurry, since I'd set the alarm for 5am, and Professor Oak wasn't giving out the pokemon until 7. "You didn't get brain damage from that bump on the head, did you?" I teased. "It'd be a shame to be hospitalized on the day you get your first pokemon!" For some reason I can't keep from teasing my brother.

I keep filming him. After all, I am doing my first documentary on the journey of a pokemon trainer. Maybe this will make us both famous. Yeah, the famous Carter Bros.

Alana
April 2nd, 2005, 02:23 PM
Ruki sat down at the kitchen table. Her mom was laready up. She'd expected this. her mom would never miss her daughter becoming a Pokemon trainer. "So todays the day isn't it?" Said her mom.

"Yep." Ruki replied. Her mother smiled and put a plate of eggs and bacon in front of her. "Thanks mom." She picked up her fork and began to eat.

"Now be sure you eat every bite. You'll need all your strength today."

"I will mom. Don't worry."

gothsinn23
April 2nd, 2005, 03:29 PM
"Oh alright," Brendan said with an attitude. He quickly grabbed clothes from his drawer and rushed into the bathroom. A few minutes later he comes out all dressed with shoes and everything. Brendan holds his head, then looks up to his brother. "I don't have any brain damage..damage...damage.." He smiles a toothy smile, "Hehe, just kidding."

danielthmaniel
April 2nd, 2005, 04:01 PM
occ: *Growls at the PC server* I already wrote this :disappoin

ic: Scott sat up from bed yawning. Rembering what day it was he jumped out of bed quickly and threw on the clothes he'd left out.After picking up his backpack with all his supplies inside and took one last look at his room, "Everything looks fine to me." he said to himself smiling as he headed down the stairs to the kitchen. "I see you've finaly managed to pull yourself out of bed," his mom said notioning toward a boiled egg on the table. As Scott sat down his mom continued, "Your dad is very sorry that he wasn't able to make it. You know that his job can get pretty hectic this time fo year." scott smiled, "Don't worry Mom, we said our goodbyes last night." His mom bent down into a small box and pulled out a blue pokeball, "Well, before you leave we wanted to give this to you as a present." Scott took the pokeball and felt it's smooth surface, "Thanks mom. I'll keep this on my belt." Scott said as he clipped it on.

Al Duit
April 2nd, 2005, 04:10 PM
I laugh. My mouth suddenly starts watering as I smell some bacon cooking. "Come on, let's get some breakfast. Mom's already started cooking." I turn off my camcorder so I don't accidentally fall and break it on the way down the stairs, and put it in my backpack.

gothsinn23
April 2nd, 2005, 04:23 PM
Brendan smelled the food cooking downstairs in their house. "Let's go eat!" Brendan ran quickly past his brother, "I'll beat you there!"

Al Duit
April 2nd, 2005, 04:38 PM
I quickly grab his backpack and pull him back. "Not in this lifetime, squirt!" Laughing, I run past him, but trip over his foot and fall flat on my face. "Ooomph!"

My camcorder falls out of the backpack because I forgot to zip it closed. It hits my head before it lands on the floor. "Oh, no!" I quickly get up on my knees, pick it up and examine it carefully to make sure it isn't damaged.

"Whew!" I see it's ok. I am so relieved. I put it back in my pack and close it.

gothsinn23
April 2nd, 2005, 04:45 PM
Brendan laughed a little, "That's what happens when you mess with the master." He walks past his brother with an evil smile.

Al Duit
April 2nd, 2005, 04:55 PM
I feel my face redden. I bite back a tart reply, 'cause I don't want to spoil the day. Instead, I quickly get up with an evil grin of my own, and say, "Oh yeah! Master this!" As I dash past him, I pull the bill of his cap over his eyes, and run down the stairs. Little brothers are so fun!

gothsinn23
April 2nd, 2005, 05:04 PM
Brendan pulled his hat back up, and noticed that his brother was already down the stairs. "Hey no fair!" Brendan ran down the stairs as fast as he could towards his brother.

aye..bedtime for me everyone. good night, sleep tight, dream of bedbugs tonight xD

Al Duit
April 2nd, 2005, 05:18 PM
OOC: This is my final post for tonight. Tomorrow, I won't be on as much, because I've gotta go to work from 2pm - 10:30. I also work 8 - 5 Monday - Thursday, so, during the week, i'll be posting rather late...like after 8, so bare with me, Ok?:classic:

IC: I laugh as I rush into the kitchen before Brendan can reach the bottom of the stairs.
Mom says "Hey, don't slam the door open so fast!"
"Sorry mom." I look at the table and my mouth waters more and my eyes pop open as I see both mine and Brendan's favorite breakfast foods layed out on the table. "Wow, you've been busy, mom!"

Electric Hero
April 2nd, 2005, 07:46 PM
I made it to the kitchen, with a dark blue backpack of mine. "wow, you woke up early today, right?" my mom said to me as she smiled, and put infront of me a dish with eggs and bacon. "yup! you're right!" I replied to her with another smile. I quickly started to eat my breakfast.

dqle
April 3rd, 2005, 05:23 AM
"Huh?! NO WAY!" Duc yelled angryly at the closed gate that guarded Professor Oak's laboratory. Apparently, he thought the place was opened at 6 in the morning. His alarm went off at exactly 6 and he rushed here just to find himself waiting yet again.

Grumbling to himself, he sat at the gate's edge.

Al Duit
April 3rd, 2005, 07:29 AM
OOC: Good morning:) I just wanted to tell all of you, I think you all are doing a great job of RP!

IC: I pull out a chair at the head of the table. As Brendan comes into the kitchen, I grandly announce, "This is your day of honor little brother." I motion for Brendan to sit there, then sit on a chair to his right. I poor myself a glass of moo juice and stir my customary spoonful of maple syrup in it (yeah, I know it's wierd, but, ever since the time Brendan "accidentally" spilled syrup in my milk without me knowing it, and I drank it, I've been hooked).

gothsinn23
April 3rd, 2005, 07:35 AM
Brendan sat to the right of his brother, and looked at all the food. "Oooo..yummy." Brendan quickly poured a glass of moomoo milk and drank half of it. He eyed the bacon and eggs near his plate.

Al Duit
April 3rd, 2005, 07:47 AM
Our dad comes into the kitchen with a golden wrapped package in his hands, and I quickly get out my camcorder because I know what it is, and don't want to miss this. I stand up and manuever so I can get everyone in view, and also be able to see Brendan's face when he opens his gift.

gothsinn23
April 3rd, 2005, 07:56 AM
"For me?" Brendan said surprisingly. The dad gave Brendan the gift, and Brendan was eager to open it. "Can I open it now daddy?!" The dad nodded. "Yes!" Brendan started to open the package.

Al Duit
April 3rd, 2005, 08:04 AM
I sneak a blueberry muffin off the table while zooming in closer to Brendan. I take a bite while he's unwrapping the present. Mmm Mmm Mmm, I don't know what's more delicious: mom's muffins, or this moment of anticipation while my little brother opens what may be the most important gift in his life!

Wolf_Goddess
April 3rd, 2005, 08:31 AM
"Cubone!" Sam calls, looking around. Her room was a mess. Papers all over the place, books lined up on shelves, unalphebatized. All the pencils that lay around were either pointless, or beginning to loose the point. She looks under the bed, seeing a skull-like face peer back at her. If she was anyone but herself, she would've lept back, screaming in suprise. But Sam new that face. "Cubone! There you are! I was getting so worried!" she reaches under the bed and pulls the Pokemon out.

"Cubone-bone," the pokemon says sleepily. A Haunter floats in, followed by a tall woman with long black hair.
"Samantha, get up! You don't want to be late. All your friends are ready." she says. She looks at Haunter, "Finally, once she leaves we can get this room clean!" The Haunter gives a devilish smile.
Sam rolls her eyes. Friends, what friends? If she can only recall, her only friend was Cubone.
"Stop procratanating! Get a move on! Your bag is packed with your clothes, spare snacks, and a gift from your dad." Sam's mother adds, winking.
Sam gets up. A gift? This can't be true! She hurries down the stairs, her Cubone at her heels. The gift was...Pokegear. It was complete with a clock, a phone, everything a trainer will need.
"That's from your father," her mom says, smiling. "And this is from me." she hands her a journal and pen, "Continue your writing on your journy. I'd like to see your adventure when your finished." she smiles. Sam returns it, grabs a snack-bar for breakfast, and leaves her house. Cubone follows her.

Electric Hero
April 3rd, 2005, 08:57 AM
I finished my breakfast really fast. "thank you mom! it was delicious!" I said as I got up from my chair and went to the door. "Max, the dish" my mom told me with a really serious tone, I just turned around and looked at my mom. "oh mom! please! just for this day!" I replied to her with an innocent smile, "this is the last dish I leave on the table!" I added. "you little.... like this will be your last time you eat in this house, ok... go! but you'll come back to say good-bye to me!" my mom told me, but I already left the house, but I still heard what she said. "great! my first pokemon!" and with that last sentence, I started to run to the lab of Prof. Oak.

ooc: oh by the way... Good Morning! yea.. just 5 minutes until mid-day in my time! XD but, it is still being a good morning until mid-day, right? XD

Wolf_Goddess
April 3rd, 2005, 09:00 AM
Sam stops. She notices Max. Sure, they lived in the same neighborhood for a long time, but she never really got to know him. She was the girl who sat at the back of the corner, the shadows pressing eagerly on her. She picks up Cubone and hugs her tightly. Her only friend...

But perhaps the only one who she can consider a friend was Brandon. Though she was...awkward, he was the only one who seemed to notice her.
((Better?))

Al Duit
April 3rd, 2005, 09:08 AM
OOC:Sam rolls her eyes. Friends, what friends? If she can only recall, her only friend was Cubone. Could you please edit this a little? I can't believe in the 2 years Sam lived in Pallet town, she wasn't befriended by someone. After all, the premise of this RP is that "5 friends start out their journey together". You don't have to take it out, but perhaps just say she just remembers Brendan or one of the others reaching out to her when she first moved in or something? You also do a similar thing at the end of your next post mentioning Max.

Electric Hero
April 3rd, 2005, 09:22 AM
I saw a girl not too far away from me, holding a Cubone. She looked familiar... remember! remember!...aha! she is... "Sam? is that you? whoa long time no see!" I said to her with a smile. long time I don't get out from my house... I corrected myself... but without saying it. "um, I guess you're going to the lab of Professor Oak too, right?" I asked her.

ooc: grrrr this is a time when I get mad... I think I'll have to leave this computer of mine for a... big/small or small/big while XD. So if I don't reply, well... that means I'm gone XD.

Wolf_Goddess
April 3rd, 2005, 09:49 AM
"You're starting, too?" Sam looks startled. "I, er, don't need to. I have Cubone with me. She's the Pokemon I'm going to use. But, I guess I can. I have so much to learn from him."

Electric Hero
April 3rd, 2005, 10:27 AM
"yea, I thought Cubone was your first pokmon, so... there's no need for another... well, see you around Sam!" I told her with a smile as I waved my hand too. I continued running to the lab of the professor.

ooc: last post, I gotta go see ya everyone later!

Wolf_Goddess
April 3rd, 2005, 10:47 AM
She manages a smile, followig him to the lab. "Do ya think the Professor would give me some Pokeballs?" the girl asks her Cubone. The Pokemon looks up at her, smiles with her eyes, and says. "Cu-Cubone," {With not doubt!}

dqle
April 3rd, 2005, 12:01 PM
While sitting on his backpack, carefully as to not crush anything inside (although since it's in a hiking backpack of sorts, it's really hard to crush anything!), Duc was trying to recall why he didn't even leave Pallet Town the first time he tried to become a Trainer earlier that year. Everything was a blur.

Suddenly, he noticed that somebody was coming towards the same building that he was waiting at. "Professor Oak?" Duc mummered.

It turned out not to be the Professor but a girl with what looked like a Pokmon with her. Although a little disheartened, Duc managed to talk in a cheerful mood. "Hey there!"

Alana
April 3rd, 2005, 12:53 PM
OOC: -_- I missed a few posts didn't I?

Ruki finished her breakfast and grabbed up her backpack. "I'm going to head over tot he lab early." She said smiling.

"I'll head over there when it's time for you to get your Pokemon."

"Alright mom. See you later." She waved and dashed out of the kitchen. Once outside she stood still for a moment and looked around Pallet. She would sure miss this place. But once she became a Pokemon trainer and entered the Indigo League she was going to head back to Johto and compete there. She smiled and took off running towards Prof. Oak's lab.

Wolf_Goddess
April 3rd, 2005, 03:45 PM
Sam jumps, and Cubone (Who was now following her) hides behind her leg. She looks at the source of the noise, seeing Duc. "Er, hi." she says uncertainly.

gothsinn23
April 3rd, 2005, 05:01 PM
Brendan finally unwraps the package and opens the box that the present is in. He takes out a small device, "A pokegear!" He looks even further into the box and he sees five pokeballs there, and takes them out. "Pokeballs too?! Thanks dad!" Brendan gives his dad a hug and his mom too, and sits back down. A smile is stretched on his face, and a brightness in him that will last the entire day. He sits down and looks at the food. "Hey mom, can we eat now?" His mom nods, still smiling. "Yes!" Brendan grabs multiple types of food from the table and puts in on his plate.

Electric Hero
April 3rd, 2005, 06:26 PM
After a little while of running, I made it to the lab of professor Oak... which of course, was closed by the moment. "hmmm... ok, I think I can wait" I said to myself as I sat down infront of the front gate, waiting for professor Oak to open his lab, and let me in.

Al Duit
April 3rd, 2005, 06:35 PM
OOC: Hope you all weren't too mad I didn't get back...had to go to work so I can pay my internet bill ;)

IC: As I turn off my camcorder and put it back in my backpack and zipping it, then sit down to shovel food in my mouth, my dad says, "The pokeballs are actually from Dale."

I look up with my mouth full of eggs and a piece of bacon sticking out of my lips. "Mmffm, yuff, dey mm." I choke and have to spit half the mouthfull in a napkin.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, dear." Mom admonishes me for maybe the billionth time in my life...it never seems to stick.

"It'd help if he didn't cram so much stuff in it, too," dad says dryly.

danielthmaniel
April 3rd, 2005, 08:03 PM
After finishing his breakfast Scott stood up, "Well, I'd better get going. I don't want miss anything." he said winking at his mother and putting on his backpack. After giving his mother one last hug he headed toward the door, "Don't worry, I'll send you a postcard." After a quick walk he arrived at the lab. And I thought I was early he thought to himself as he noticed people gathered around the lab.

dqle
April 3rd, 2005, 08:32 PM
OOC: Well, I'm quite confused as how your character got in, Max Hunter. I mean, my character implied that the gate was closed! Oh well...

IC: Duc was confused as to why the girl was somewhat nervous to talk to him. "What? did I do something?" Duc tried to figure out what was wrong with himself. Nothing was unbuttoned, he didn't smell, and there wasn't a milk mustache. Before figuring out other ways to make himself look silly, he noticed the Pokmon that trailed the girl.

"Wow! What Pokmon is that?!" Duc nearly yelled loudly, trying to sound like Ash. Of course, he really didn't know what Pokmon it was! Had he obtained the Pokdex from Professor Oak that he's heard so much about, he would have taken it out in no time flat. "I've never seen a Pokmon that held a bone before!" Before noticing every detail on the Pokmon, he realized something. "Oh, I'm sorry! I forgot to introduce myself. My name's Duc. Nice to meet you!" He held out a hand to greet the Pokmon's trainer.

gothsinn23
April 4th, 2005, 12:24 PM
OOC: Hope you all weren't too mad I didn't get back...had to go to work so I can pay my internet bill ;)

IC: As I turn off my camcorder and put it back in my backpack and zipping it, then sit down to shovel food in my mouth, my dad says, "The pokeballs are actually from Dale."

I look up with my mouth full of eggs and a piece of bacon sticking out of my lips. "Mmffm, yuff, dey mm." I choke and have to spit half the mouthfull in a napkin.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, dear." Mom admonishes me for maybe the billionth time in my life...it never seems to stick.

"It'd help if he didn't cram so much stuff in it, too," dad says dryly.
occ: it's ok, i have 6 people living in my house and it's hard to get the computer :P
"It doesn't matter where they came from the present is still awesome!" Brendan says after eating some bacon and eggs. He looks at the clock after he was finished eating. "Hey bro, what time were we supposed to go meet that professor guy?"

Wolf_Goddess
April 4th, 2005, 12:26 PM
She looks at it warily. She takes it and forms a quick shake. "You didn't do anything wrong..." she murmurs, looking down at her Pokemon. "This is, er, Cubone. I found her as an egg before I moved from Lavender. "I'm Sam, you...you like the bone she's holding?" she says suddenly, her nerves fading away a little, "Its a weapon! The only moves she knows are Bone Club and Growl, and she uses her bone for the attack. I'm sure theres more attacks that have to do with bones, but I'm not sure." She scoops up Cubone and stroked her bone-helmeted head, "I'm going to Proffessor Oaks to get a Pokedex and some Pokeballs." she adds.

Electric Hero
April 4th, 2005, 12:33 PM
ooc: so sorry dqle!!! I probably didn't read your post! sorry! I already edited it. I forgot there was a gate before the door of the lab! XD

ic: After a while, people started to be around the lab. They were ,possibly, people that went to see the new trainers that will have their pokmon. I stood up and stared at the front yard that the professor had between the lab and the gate. Everything was so... green... but peaceful too.

dqle
April 4th, 2005, 12:34 PM
"Wait, the gate's been open all this time?!" Duc exclaimed. Apparently, he tried to push the gate in whereas people were supposed to pull it. Duc looked dumbfounded.

Of course, it was a quick emotion as he also headed to the laboratory. "Hey, wait for me!" he yelled out for Sam, who was pretty far ahead of him on the stairs.

Al Duit
April 4th, 2005, 04:18 PM
I look at the clock. It was now 6:30. "Seven. You wanna go now and maybe get a head start?" I remember back when I started on my quest, I was so anxious, I skipped breakfast because my stomach was too full of butterfree to eat, and got there an hour early. I wonder if there are already some kids there.

gothsinn23
April 4th, 2005, 05:36 PM
"A head start? Ok then, let's go." Brendan stuffs his face with food and swallows it quickly. "Oops, almost forgot these," Brendan says, reaching for his new present. He runs to the door and waits for his brother, who he knows takes a little more time to get ready.

Al Duit
April 4th, 2005, 06:11 PM
I shove one last bite of mom's fantastic hashbrowns in my mouth, wrap a few biscuits in a napkin and put them in my backpack, and say, "Thanks for the great breakfast, mom," while giving her a kiss on the cheek. I give my dad a victory sign as I remove my camcorder, turn it on, and rush to catch up with Brendan, carefull not to run into a wall or trip over any furniture.

As we walk down the street, I start a impromptu interview with Brendan. "So, here we are with Brendan Carter, a promising youth starting off his carrier as a pokemon trainer. Brendan, how do you feel right now?"

gothsinn23
April 5th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Brendan looked over to his brother, giving him a weird but playful look. "How do I feel?" he said, "I feel awesome! My first time away from home will be so much fun! And I can't wait until I get my first pokemon." Brendan looked down to his pokeballs that he put on his belt, and smiled. Then he looked back up at the street they were walking on.

Al Duit
April 5th, 2005, 12:41 PM
We arrive at the lab five minutes later to see several others gathered inside the gate at the door. Just as i had thought, there are others who are just as excited and/or anxious as I was three years ago.

"I remember you," I greeted one boy, "you were in the junior pokemon course when I started my journey three years ago. I'm sorry, I can't remember your name." Then ask him, indicating my camcorder which is still filming, "Do you mind if I interview you?"

OOC: Just making sure all of you have noticed this (Saturday, April 9 is five days away):
HEADS UP EVERYONE:

PC will have a few days of off time.. (PC will be shut off / closed) while the host server is upgraded. This update will hopefully solve the recent issue most of you have experienced such as the file download / trojan issue and slow page load times.

We will shut PC down on April 9, 2005 and it will last thru the 10 or 11th so you all won't loose any posts.... (the back-ups will be ran daily from April 4th thru April 8th).

Questions and comments can be posted in the Questions and Feedback forum.. here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)

Alana
April 5th, 2005, 02:19 PM
OOC; Sorry I missed a few days. Severe computer problems now I'm stcuk on the annoying slow one. So I won't be on as much and won't post as often for a while.

Ruki arrived at the lab with thirty minutes to spare. She saw some trainers were already there. She recognized them and smiled then dashed after them. She couldn't wait to get her first Pokemon. She wondered what it would be. "Hey guys wait up." She called to the trainers who were ahead of her.

Wolf_Goddess
April 5th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Sam looks at the Lab, picking up her Cubone and hugging her slightly. She looks at the lab in complete awe. Sure, it was in this town forever, but she couldn't help thinking about its splendor. She was about to recieve Pokeballs and a Pokedex!

Electric Hero
April 5th, 2005, 05:01 PM
"oh c'mon!! pleaaaase open the lab professor!!!" I yelled, in a try of making the professor Oak to open the lab. Too many people were arriving, and I was starting to be annoyed with so many people pushing and pulling, etc. In another try, I knocked the door hard three times (I didn't punched it, I knocked it enough hard to try to make the professor hear my tries).

ooc: by the way, when we plan to recieve our pokmon? we have like a week doing this of waiting!!! XD

Al Duit
April 5th, 2005, 05:37 PM
ooc: by the way, when we plan to recieve our pokmon? we have like a week doing this of waiting!!! XD
OOC: I'm sorry it's taking so long to get to that part (btw: we only started on the weekend, so it hasn't been a week yet ;) ). If you think about it though, if what we'd roleplayed so far were part of a pokemon movie, it'd only be maybe 5 minutes worth. Be patient, and it'll be great, I promise you, 'cause i've a surprise :surprised waiting for you once we get in the lab.

IC: "Hey, cool your jets. Professor Oak won't open that door until precisely 7:00. Trust me, that's how he does it every year." I chuckle, remembering how I bruised my nuckles and broke my pinky at six in the morning by knocking so hard on the lab door, and, by the time 7am had rolled around, me and the others were talking to each other and didn't notice when the professor opened the door. But, right now, it was only 6:45, and the professor wasn't gonna answer yet.

Electric Hero
April 5th, 2005, 06:14 PM
ooc: me or the rest of us? oh whatever... you know I was exaggerating... oh, and is your plan, or in your last post when you asked someone to an interview, who was that? any of us? or just your plan to make this story "longer"?

ic: "every year? I know he really likes to do that, but all these people are starting to suffocate me" I replied to the guy to told me to wait for prof. Oak. I couldn't wait to have a Pikachu... I was kinda sad because prof. Oak didn't had any Pikachu left. I really wanted a Pikachu... so... if Prof. Oak hadn't any Pikachu left... my plan was to have an starter, to capture a Pikachu. I was young, little plans made my mind.

Al Duit
April 5th, 2005, 06:57 PM
ooc: me or the rest of us? oh whatever... you know I was exaggerating... oh, and is your plan, or in your last post when you asked someone to an interview, who was that? any of us? or just your plan to make this story "longer"?

ic: "...but all these people are starting to suffocate me" .

OOC: the surprise is acually for everyone. The interview was actually for Duc (his character's background said he was in the junior trainer program), but my character will interview anyone who'll talk, and it was just filler, waiting for everyone to log in saying their character is at the lab (I think Brendan is the only character so far who hasn't been logged, and that's because we're playing off each other, 'cause our characters are brothers). I'm trying to give everyone equal chance for RP. Talking about RP, this is supposed to be 5 friends, plus one brother of one of them, starting out on their journey. If your character is "smothered" by all the people, that doesn't jive, plus, he'd know Brendan, Sam, and Ruki, but not necessarily Duc, which is ok, 'cause one of the friends can be newly met at the lab. You may or may not know my character, because he's older and wouldn't have had as much contact with unless you and Brendan were pals that hung out. OK?

Electric Hero
April 5th, 2005, 07:13 PM
ooc: kyo (it is my way of saying ok), now I feel like a moron XD, well... I hope you don't mind this...

ic: I quiclky recognized that guy. "Hey, I remember you... you're... the big brother of Brendan, right?" I told the guy with a smile. Just a few times we played together, but I kinda remember him. "yea, we just spent a few times together, but yea... I remember you" I added.

dqle
April 5th, 2005, 07:26 PM
OOC: Sorry! I can't really post very often. I can only post at certain times of the day, so please be patient!

IC: "Who, me?" Duc said while waiting at the door, which by the way was locked, oddly enough... "Uh, yeah, I've been in the Pokmon Junior Rangers for a while now! We do lots of camping!" he said, not knowing what else to say until the interviewer asked some questions.

Suddenly, he noticed that he forgot to introduce himself. "Sorry! My name's Duc, and I'm about to start my first Pokmon Journey!" Looking at his face, he looked vaguely familiar, but Duc couldn't quite put his finger on it. "Do I know you from around here?"

Al Duit
April 5th, 2005, 07:46 PM
OOC: Sorry! I can't really post very often. I can only post at certain times of the day, so please be patient!

OOC: From here on out, no one has to apologise about how often or when they can post. We all have lives outside of the RP world (i hope so, anyway;) ). Oh, and Max, I'm sorry for making you feel like a moron, you're not.

IC: "So, Duc, which starter pokemon do you want? This question and interview is open to all of you." I look at everyone. This is gonna be interesting, because it looks to me like one person already has their starter. I think it's a cubone, or maybe a marowak....no, definitly a cubone.

dqle
April 6th, 2005, 11:45 AM
OOC: Hmm? Pokmon is practically my life! Of course, for me to survive in this horrible place we call home, I have to do other things so my parents wouldn't freak out on me...

IC: "Well, I thought long and hard, and I've decided to pick a Squirtle!" Duc said proudly. "I've always liked Pokmon, and Water Types are awesome! If I can remember correctly, a majority of the Pokmon we know are Water Types." Not wanting to hog the spotlight, he waited for everyone else to talk about their opinions.

gothsinn23
April 6th, 2005, 12:37 PM
occ:dgle, love the song in your siggy. it makes me cry and i don't know why...hey! im a poet and i didn't even know it!

ic: Brenan looked at all of the people around him, and smiled. "This is so awesome!" Brendan said. He watched his brother tape other people and interview them. He was very anxious to get the Rattata he wanted.

Alana
April 6th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Ruki walked in and waited pationtly by the door. She knew which Pokemon she wante and was anxious to get it but she decided to wait. After all she knew that no one would want a Pidgey as their starter besides her. Or at least she hoped so. She wlaked forward and waited behind the rest of the group.

Al Duit
April 6th, 2005, 02:12 PM
I was about to ask the girl with the cubone how she got it when the door to the lab opened.

"Good morning, everyone." He greeted us, then said a little louder in an amused tone, " It looks like everyone is punctual this year." He stood aside, holding the door open. "Come on in."

I filmed everyone entering, then started in myself. "Hold on, young man. Only those starting their pokemon journey are allowed in today."
"Aw, please professor?" I begged. "I'm sort of starting my own journey, too. Not as a trainer, but as a pokemon documentor," I reasoned.
He looked at me for what seemed an eternity, but was probably only a couple seconds. "Ok, Dale, but please stay out of the way, and no interviews until we are finished."
"Thanks professor!" I beamed as I walked in.

Alana
April 6th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Ruki walked into the lab wit the others and forgot about her plan to be the last to get her Pokemon. When Prof. Oak came in she walked quickly up to him. "Hello Professor." She said smiling. She knew that Prof. Oak would tell all the new Pokemon trainers about their journey before they began but she hoped she could pick her Pokemon first. But not wanting to sound rude or impationt she simply smiled and stood there bouncing on the balls of her feet excitedly.

Electric Hero
April 6th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Brendan's big brother asked something to all of us. A kid named Duc answered him first, and then it was all silent... I tried to break the silence, but then professor Oak opened the door. I smiled and entered after a little number of people. "good morning professor Oak!" I said to him with a big smile when I walked in... but I suddenly stopped... people still were coming, and I just asked him an stupid question... "professor Oak... I possibly already know your answer, but just because I really want to ask you... you don't have any Pikachu left, right?". Ahhhh, those childhood days......

dqle
April 7th, 2005, 11:39 AM
OOC: That song's sad? I really don't think so...

If you like it very much, I guess I could send you the song! But it's the only song I'll give away. The company's gotta get a profit, ya know!
F.Y.I. the song's from the CD Pokmon: 2.B.A. Master (as my siggy implies).

IC: "Pikachu? Heavens, no!" Professor Oak said. "Pikachu are very rowdy and not really suitible for beginning trainers. I only had one Pikachu, and Ash Ketchum already claimed it, although he was his luck that it was the only Pokmon I had then. Let's just say that they had a rough start..."

"Hi, Professor!" Duc said with a happy tone after the professor had finished the comment. He's met him before while he was in the Pokmon Junior Rangers. He would have been all crazy about meeting the professor if he hadn't met him before.

"Well, hello there, Duc!" Professor Oak replied. "Hmm? You're not wearing the Pokmon Junior Ranger's Uniform. Did you quit?"

"Oh yeah, that." Duc mumbled. "Well, if I'm gonna be a trainer like Ash Ketchum, I've gotta start now!"

"Well, if you're so sure of yourself, be my guest."

Al Duit
April 7th, 2005, 02:36 PM
OOC: Hey Dqle, where did you get the CD? I'd love to get one myself, and haven't seen them in any stores around where I live.

IC: I go stand in the far corner, positioning myself so I can get all the action. As I stand there by a door along one wall, I think I hear a soft, voice and an even quieter "shsh." The door is closed however, and I don't open it. I think I know who's on the other side, and don't want to spoil the surprise.

The professor heads to the front of the room which is set up like a classroom at the moment. "Everyone, please take a seat. Before we start, I have someone I'd like you to meet. I'm sure I won't have to tell you who he is once you see him." He smiles as he heads toward the door that I'm next to.

Electric Hero
April 7th, 2005, 02:40 PM
"yeah... if you say so professor. Well, I think I... I mean, we are going to wait for you" I told him with another smile. Then I walked away from him, and got near the other beggining trainers. "ok, I waited so long just for professor Oak open the lab... I can wait a few minutes to recieve my pokmon..." I said to myself, as I stood still in a corner. I wasn't really complaining, I just was excited about recieving my first pokmon.

Alana
April 7th, 2005, 02:42 PM
OOC: I don't think you can get it in most stores. I have never seen it in stores. But I got my copy off the internet. Amazon to be precise. I'd suggest you look there.

Ruki shrugs and walks over to a seet. I wonder who it is we're going ot meet. She thought leting her imaginaion wander. Then her mind strayed back to what Pokemon she ws going ot get. She looked at the door Prof. Oak was standing in front of. It must be some one from Pallet Town. Why else would he introuduce him to trainers beginning their journey in Pallet? She nodded confirming what she thought.

Wolf_Goddess
April 7th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Sam looks at Professor Oak nervously ((I don't know who's RPing him.)) "Um, you can see already that I have my Pokemon right here, a Cubone." she says, holding her up for him to see. "I was just...wondering if I could have Pokeballs and a Pokedex..."

Al Duit
April 7th, 2005, 05:17 PM
OOC: I'm supposed to be roleplaying all non-player characters, thanks for asking, Sam. I'm not mad, but, Dqle, could you just play your character, please?

IC: Professor Oak bends down on his knee to examine the cubone. "And a handsome young cubone you are, too, aren't you?" He stands back up and says to the shy young trainer, "Yes, um, Sam, is it? We shall get to the equipment later. Can you sit down, please?"

danielthmaniel
April 7th, 2005, 07:40 PM
occ: Sorry I haven't posted in this thread for awhile. ^^;

ic: Scott took a seat confused, he had planned that they would come in, choose their pokemon, and be out of there pretty fast. What's another hour to how long I've been waiting. he thought to himself. Excitedly he glanced over toward the pokeballs, I hope nobody wants the one I want he thought to himself glancing at everyone else.

Al Duit
April 8th, 2005, 01:41 PM
I step further away from the door so I can get a good shot of whoever comes out as Professor Oak opens the door. "Everyone, meet palet town's own Ash Ketchum, and my grandson, Gary Oak."

Ash (with Pikachu riding on Ash's backpack and peeking over his head) and Gary start to come through the door at the same time, but the door is too narrow. They glare at each other for a moment then Ash steps back and lets Gary through first, muttering under his breath "Show off!" Gary turns his nose up at Ash as he walk through the door. Then Ash comes out, and the two stand at the front of the room. "Hi everyone," Ash greets the new trainers.

OOC: Don't forget, the forum will be down over the weekend! Let's get as much done as we can before then!

Electric Hero
April 8th, 2005, 03:06 PM
ooc: you brought Ash himself to the RP?! I don't know why you keep amazing me (maybe I'm too old now XD).

ic: I raised my head as Ash Ketchum himself, and his 'rival' Gary Oak entered the room. Why would be so important to professor Oak to come with the heroes of Pallet Town?. I couldn't resist, I was open-mouth when I saw Ash Ketchum for first time in my life! (not thanks to TV).

Wolf_Goddess
April 8th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Sam nods and sits down. She looks over at Gary and Ash. Her Cubone leaps out of her lap, looking up at Ash's Pikachu. "Cu-bone, bone" {Um, Hi. I'm Cubone.} she says, putting out a paw.

Al Duit
April 8th, 2005, 04:29 PM
"Pikaa! Pik pik chu pikachu! Pikachu chu." :::Hello! Pleased to meet you. I'm Pikachu:: Pikachu comes over to cubone and shakes his hand.
"Ha ha, looks like you made another friend, Pikachu! Nice cubone you have there, um, what's your name?" Ash smiles and looks at Sam.

OOC: BTW, this RP is taking place the day after Ash saved his mom from the unknown. So you may wish to rp this with your characters asking questions about the adventure, since they'd have seen coverage of it on TV.

Wolf_Goddess
April 8th, 2005, 04:59 PM
((My Cubone is a She))

Sam lowers her head. "I'm, er, Sam. I'm originally from Lavender, but we, we moved here."
"Cu-cu bone!" {How's it like traveling?} The Cubone says, smiling. She was a little more socail then her trainer.

Al Duit
April 8th, 2005, 05:22 PM
"Pik pika pikaaa pikachu!" ::It's fun traveling with my friend, Ash.:: Pikachu beams over at Ash. Gary rolls his eyes.

This is really great! I focus on the two pokemon as they're talking to each other. This is pulitzer material for sure.

ooc: it's Sunday @ midnight that PC will be closed, so we've a little more time than I thought.

Wolf_Goddess
April 8th, 2005, 05:26 PM
"Cu Cu?" {Does he come with you?} she asks, pointing towards Gary with her bone club.
Sam manages a smile as she watches her Pokemon speak to the other Pokemon. She thinks its called a...Pikachu?

Al Duit
April 8th, 2005, 06:22 PM
"Pikaaaah," Pikachu sounded like he was laughing. "Pik pika chu chu pikpik chuu pikaaachu!" ::Oh, no. Those two couldn't travel together, or else there'd only be one hero from Pallet town standing up there!::

Professor Oak chuckles, and I zoom back out to cover the whole room. "Does anyone have any questions for these two experienced trainers?"

dqle
April 8th, 2005, 06:48 PM
OOC: Sorry I posted late! I tried to post last night, but the server was down. I wanted to post the fact that Ash shouldn't be in Pallet since that movie took someplace in the Johto Region. Of course, it's you RP!

Oh, and sorry about controlling non-player characters! I'm used to RPs where all players could control non-player characters. I guess this could make it a whole lot more organized (unlike some of the RPs I've been through...)

Oh, and if anyone wants the song where I got the quote, just PM me.

IC: At first, Duc didn't know what to say or do. He knew that Ash was standing right in front of him. His idol, however, was last heard of somewhere in the Johto Region. If he had his computer with him, he'd figure out exactly which town he was at.

"Yeah, I have a question, Professor Oak." he said somewhat bitterly. "Are you the real Ash Ketchum?" He looked remarkably like the idol he's been following. And that Pikachu was friendly like Ash's. Even then, he can't figure out how Ash would have traveled back to Kanto in such a short amount of time. Of course, he missed the entire TV report about GreenField and the incident that happened there since he was traveling to Pallet Town all by himself at the time.

He knew Gary Oak's the real guy. He had no questions for him. However, just to settle his mind, he asked him something anyways. "Hey, Gary, to prove that guy's Ash, could you say something to make him act like the Ash I've heard so much about?"

Al Duit
April 8th, 2005, 07:06 PM
OOC: I'm gonna have to look at that movie once again...I could have sworn it took place right outside of Pallet. Whatever, if it isn't let's take artistic liscense ;-p

"Huh? Of course I'm the real Ash! Who else would I be?" Ash acts insulted.
"Yeah," says Gary, "Who else could look so much like a loser?" Gary holds up his fingers in an "L" shape.
Ash balls up his hands into fists. "Who are you calling a loser?" Ash yells at Gary.

Professor Oak steps in between the two. "Now, now, we don't want to start an argument. Behind the professor's back, Ash makes a face at Gary (lower eyelid pulled down, tongue sticking out). I almost start laughing.

Electric Hero
April 8th, 2005, 07:55 PM
I hold my laugh when I saw both 'heroes' of Pallet Town were starting to fight again. I glanced at Ash's Pikachu, which was talking to Sam's Cubone. "I wish so much a Pikachu...they look so friendly!" I said to myself. "I have a question for Ash!" I told the professor and looked at Ash. "um... how did you feel when you passed by the experience of saving your mother from the unknown?" I asked him. I wanted so much to be like him! Traveling around the world with friends, meeting new people, having adventures!

dqle
April 8th, 2005, 07:56 PM
OOC: Why do you think that the movie was released during the Johto Region episodes? If you remember, Professor Oak and Delia took a taxi to get there. If it were outside of Pallet, wouldn't it been sorta logical if they just walked there? No matter, I'll go along!

IC: Duc didn't quite catch what one of the trainers had just asked. Almost satisfied with the quarrel he had caused, there was one thing that he had to do.

Duc stood up out of his chair. While the two rivals were quarrelling, he walked behind Pikachu. Knowing the risks if he was right, he disreguarded the risks, picked Pikachu up, and intentionally yanked its tail lightly. He then quickly touched Ash with one of his shoulders.

Al Duit
April 9th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Ash begins to answer Max's question. "Well, I was relieved that my mom was alright. I was afraid that entei was going to harm her. I didn't know if entei was gonna eat her or what! I didn't know when she was first carried off that the entei was just a creation of the unknown who were carrying out that little girl's wishes."

As Ash is speaking, I see Duc pick up Pikachu. What's this kid think he's doing, I just have time to think when he pulls Pikachu's tail and leans his shoulder against Ash's.

Pikachu looks back angrily at Duc and lets off a large electric shock. Both Duc and Ash get a big jolt.
"Aaahhhh!" Ash involuntarily screams. Once the jolt ends, Ash glares at Duc. "Hey, what's the big idea? You don't just grab people's pokemon and mistreat them like that!" Ash takes Pikachu from Duc. "Pika pika!" ::yeah:: Pikachu adds, glaring at Duc. "Are you ok, Pikachu?" Ash asks Pikachu, conscerned.

dqle
April 9th, 2005, 08:05 AM
OOC: Dale? Are you talking to yourself, Al Duit?! I was the one who pulled Pikachu's tail! Besides, I said lightly.

IC: Yup, that's him alright! Duc thought. He would be all over his idol if he wasn't quite paralyzed by Pikachu's jolt. "Sorry, Ash Ketchum! I just had to do it!" he said loudly while lying on the floor. There's no way that a normal Pikachu would have been able to zap him like that!

"Since I knew the real Ash had an outstanding Pikachu, I just had to see if that's the case. Well, this proves you're the real guy. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!" Duc couldn't help but yell. Quickly, he switch his attention to the Pikachu. "Sorry, Pikachu! I hope you understand for what I did." He hoped everyone caught that since his face was on the floor. A Pokmon that strong holding a grudge against you isn't a good thing.

Hey, if being closer to Ash Ketchum means being zapped wildly, Duc would have no problems with it! "Uh, could somebody help me up, please, so that I can at least see Ash?"

gothsinn23
April 9th, 2005, 08:26 AM
occ: oh my goodnesh i was gone for so long! and dgle, the song makes me cry because it hits me hard in the heart. i've experienced a lot of sad things in my life :( . and i do have the cd, i got it for my birthday 3 years ago...maybe that's why you can't buy it in stores xD

ic: Brendan ran quickly through the double door before it was closed. "Phew.." he said in relief. He looked around as everyone was getting their pokemon, and saw the pokeball with the word "Rattata" on it. He ran over to the pokeball and picked it up. He eyed it excitedly and let out the Rattata. The pokemon blinked its young eyes and looked up at Brendan. "Ra Rattata?" [Who are you?] Brendan smiled and picked up his new pokemon. "My name is Brendan little guy. You're my partner." The Rattata gave Brendan a weird look, but then smiled, "Ratta, Rattata. Rat Ratta." [Well ok. You can call me Fang.] Brendan let Fang walk around and converse with the other pokemon. He walked over and stood by his older brother so he wouldn't get lost in the crowd of people.

Alana
April 9th, 2005, 08:55 AM
OOC: My post didn't go through. :(

Ruki watched everything quietly. It was her dream to some day battle Ash Ketchem but she knew she wsn't strong enough yet. It would take alot of time, hard work, an ddetermination before her Pokemon would be up for the challenge. But she was ready. She looks at Prof. Oak and says. "Professor may we get our first Pokemon now? I was hoping for a Pidgey."

Al Duit
April 9th, 2005, 09:16 AM
OOC: Sorry, Dqle. I got confused because your posting name looks like "Dale" to me, and when I posted this morning, I was distracted by my son. I changed it. And I didn't say you pulled it hard...Ash tends to overeact now and then you know, and that's what I was RPing.

Gothsin23, I'm afraid you jumped the gun a little. We haven't gotten to get the pokemon yet!

IC: Professor Oak smiles gently at Ruki as Ash helps Duc off the floor. "I was going to do that after I go through some things that you all need to know, first."

Ash rebukes Duc, "That was a stupid thing to do. What made you think I was fake? Do you think Professor Oak is fake, or real but lying or something? And what makes you think you can just grab someone's pokemon, huh?"

I let out an involuntary whistle. Boy was Ash sore! Not that I can blame him, if someone had just grabbed my charizard like that, I probably would have punched his lights out....after BBQ had charbroiled him.

Electric Hero
April 9th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Suddenly, I saw all the 'chaos' that was made with someone grabbing Ash's Pikachu. I was shocked, why to prove if Ash was real? no one couldn't make a 'perfect mask' like Ash's face and dress up like him that time. And, his cap said everything! "well... thank you Ash! for answering my question" I told him. Then, I couldn't resist... I was such a fan of him!

"Ash! I will try to be like you! I always wanted to be a trainer like you one day! I will capture many pokmon and train them to be one day! the greatest pokmon trainer!" .... I started to blush because all the embarrasment I passed those moments.

dqle
April 9th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Duc had a funny feeling that somebody's bound to imitate Professor Oak sooner or later, but he knew that he's the real guy.

"Hey! I said I was sorry!" Duc snapped back. This is definately not the way Duc wanted Ash to see him for the first time. "I did what I did because I'm your biggest fan! Good things don't come on my doorstep that often, so that's why I have to prove to myself that you're the real deal. Again, I'm sorry for what I did!"

Duc would have extended an apologetic arm out, but the zap made his arm paralyzed a little longer than he thought.

"I don't blame you for getting angry at me at all. I know I would if somebody had just hurt my best friend." Duc was becoming a little teary eyed at the fact that he did something really stupid, and Ash practically yelling at him as the result.

Al Duit
April 9th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Ash puts a hand on Duc's shoulder, "Hey, it's alright. I'm sorry I yelled, I guess it was just the adrenaline after Pikachu's shock."

Professor Oak clears his throat. "Could you please sit down now, Duc? I'd like to go over a few things before everyone gets to pick out their starter pokemon." The professor then addresses the whole class. "Raise your hands if you have pokegear."

dqle
April 9th, 2005, 07:00 PM
OOC: Class? We're in school? LOL.

IC: Letting out a few sobs and then wiping his eyes, he answered. "Sorry, Professor. I'll keep my actions to myself for now!" He stuggled to get to his seat without falling over. The shock still hasn't left his body.

"Pokgear? Sure wish I had one!" Duc remarked at the professor's question. That map function would have helped incredibly when getting to Pallet Town. He had to ask for directions numerous times and his skills with a compass aren't that great yet.

And he still couldn't believe Ash was here. He wondered what Gary's thoughts of what just happened were.

Alana
April 10th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Ruki nodded as she sat down. She raised her hand inidcating that she had a Pokegear though it was quite obvious since it was hanging around er neck. She wondered why this was important. Well she would find out soon enough.

Wolf_Goddess
April 10th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Sam raises her voice a little as she speaks. Cubone rushes towards her and leaps into her lap. "Ash, are you and Misty friends? Or something a little bit...more?" she lowers her head, filled with disbelief that she said something like that.

dqle
April 10th, 2005, 03:15 PM
OOC: Eh? I thought the servers are down! Oh well, better get back to business!

IC: "What? ARE YOU CRAZY?!" Duc yelled at the questioning trainer, jumping out of his seat. Even his paralysis was no match for Duc's anger at that point. That name just infuriates him. "There's no way that those two could ever get along! Isn't that right, Ash?" Like Ash, Duc's sorta dense towards the concept of love. Trying to control himself, he sat himself back to his seat, restraining on saying what he believed what the red-head did to Ash.

Hazard7
April 10th, 2005, 03:43 PM
OOC: Sorry i interupt but can i join? i'm very good at roleplaying but not with pokemon yet. I could give it a go. May i?

Name: Hazard
Physical Appearance: http://members.lycos.co.uk/reymysterio619/MakingYourOwnPokemon/Hazard.gif Look like this.
Skills: Playing with Eevee
Favorite type of Pokemon: All of them!
Starter Pokemon: Eevee (Hazard's fav pokemon and his parent's gift)
Hobbies other than pokemon: Football (Soccer)
Dislikes: Lost his parents.
Fears/Phobias: Heights and lost of his parents.
General Personality: Feel lonely and cry sometime about his parents.
Background: Lost his parents and live with his grandmorther and grandfather. His parent gave Hazard a pokemon name Eevee. He love Eevee so much and Eevee is Hazard's gift.

Al Duit
April 13th, 2005, 01:43 PM
OOC: Sorry, Hazard, but, we've already have a full compliment for this RP, but, there a couple new ones that just started in the past few days that may interest you. Cool trainer sprites, btw.
Dqle, I couldn't get on until today...oh well, welcome back everyone :D

IC: Ash is totally taken aback by Sam's question, and before he can say anything, Duc has another outburst. I roll my eyes. "Um," Ash clears his throat. "We're just friends. We get along fine. Sure, we fight sometimes, but Misty's basically nice. I mean, if it wasn't for her and Brock, I'm not sure I'd be as good as I am today."

Gary humphs and says, "Not that he's that good today."

dqle
April 13th, 2005, 07:10 PM
OOC: Hey, I managed to post my post at the last minute. I really didn't expected it to have been sent through! No matter, I'm suprised that only you've gotten on since the server's closure, Al Duit.

Also, I've noticed that we've taken nearly five pages of posts talking about Pallet Town. In my opinion, we should get a move on soon, Al Duit!

IC: "Oh, comon! You're like the best trainer out there!" Duc just had to say. He didn't quite believe that Ash's buddies contributed to his success all that much, especially Misty.

Duc became somewhat interested in Gary's mumbling that he just barely heard. "Hey, Gary! I know you're rivals with Ash and all, but can you prove that Ash isn't the great trainer that we've heard of? Oh, and to save time, NOT through a Pokmon battle, please?"

Not wanting to take up too much more time, he decided not to yell again. Besides, Duc's basically exausted himself out from all the action that has been going on today.

Al Duit
April 14th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Before Gary can make anymore snide comments, Ash says, "Well, Duc, when I first started out, I was pretty stupid. I mean I was late getting to the lab to get my starter, and, all the starters were gone. All the professor had was Pikachu, which right now, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way, because Pikachu's the greatest. But, Pikachu hated me. It took us almost getting killed by a flock of spearows for Pikachu to realise how much I cared for it. Then a little later, after I caught a caterpie, I sent it out against a pidgey, which could have been disasterous! I was really stupid. Misty keeps me in check by riding me when I do stupid things so I do them less often now." Professor Oak clears his throat and Ash adds, "Well, I think I've taken up enough of your time Professor." Ash waves at the class as he walks to the back door. "Nice meeting you all." He says as he leaves.

Gary follows Ash. As he passes Duc, he hurrumphs once more, "Ash may still not be the best, but there's some in here I warrant won't get to his level." Gary turns up his nose as he leaves the lab.

Professor Oak clears his throat to get everyone's attention. He gestures to the desk up front, "On my desk are deluxe pokegear. They have pokedex integrated into them, which makes it more handy than having it separate. Those of you who don't have one, please come up to get yours. Ruki, if yours isn't the deluxe model, you can choose to take one, or use yours and take a pokedex." He points to a couple of pokedexes that are by the pokegear. "Then you all can pick your starter. Except you of course, Sam, since you have your cubone." He gently smiles towards Sam.

dqle
April 14th, 2005, 07:03 PM
OOC: Whoo! Some pretty good exagerations by Ash there, Al Duit!

But... Where are all the other players? If they don't come back soon, you're gonna have to PM them. I will do the same when I have the free time...

IC: "See ya, Ash! I hope our next meeting isn't gonna be like today's!" Duc said while waving good-bye. "See ya later as well, Pikachu!" What Ash said about his starting rose an incredible amount of questions in Duc's head, but he held back for time's sake. It's almost noon!

When Gary came up to him and made the remark, Duc was wondering what he meant by his comment. Again, more questions arose, but he kept his yap shut for once.

"Cool! Thanks, Professor!" Duc said with a smile when he introduced the new devices. He picked up the new Pokgear. He examined it every which way possible, without taking it apart, of course, so he wouldn't anger the Professor.

At the same time, Duc kept his eye on the Pokballs that were nearbye. He was excited to finally have a Pokmon of his own! He kept his eye on the Pokball on what he thought contained a Squirtle.

Alana
April 15th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Ruki smiled. "My Pokegear isn't a deluxe model so I'll take one of those." She said pointing at the Pokegears on the desk. She stood up and walked over to the desk. She removed her regular Pokegear and put the new one around her neck then looked at the starters. "Which is which Prof. Oak?" She asked looking at them. She hoped one contained a Pidgey.

Al Duit
April 16th, 2005, 11:36 AM
"If you look carefully at each pokeball, there is a small symbol over the latch which indicates what type of pokemon is in there: a flame for fire; wavy lines for water; a feather for flying; an "N" for normal; and three vertical lines for grass. They are custom pokeballs I had made for starters."

As Professor Oak answers Ruki's question, I check to see how much memory I have left on the DVD in my camera. Good, plenty left for the rest of this session with the Professor and to record a farewell scene of the family and friends outside.

OOC: BTW Dqle, I don't think Ash exaggerated. That flock of spearow were pretty fierce, and by the reaction of Nurse Joy, Pikachu was in very bad shape. And the pidgey could have eaten Ash's caterpie.

dqle
April 16th, 2005, 02:12 PM
OOC: I can't think of anything else to post! Oh well, time to respond to your OOC comment, Al Duit.
Sure, the flock of Spearow were quite violent, but I think that they won't be able to 'kill' a person or Pokmon. I agree with Nurse Joy. And it wasn't a Pidgey that chased down the Caterpie. It was a Pidgiotto!

Wolf_Goddess
April 16th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Sam twitches in her seat. "Um, not to be rude, but when can we begin our journy?" she asks.

Al Duit
April 16th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Professor Oak looks over at Sam. "Don't you want a deluxe pokegear, Sam? You can take one," he points to the pokegear on the desk at the front of the room. "After everyone gets their gear and pokemon, you can go."

OOC: Dqle, you couldn't think of anything to post? Wow, are you ill?:laugh: :P

Alana
April 17th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Ruki looks at the Pokeballs. She picks up the one with the feather on it and says, "I'll take this one Prof. Oak." She then takes a short breath and tosses the Pokeball into the air. A Pidgey emerges and chirps cheerfully. It looked like a normal Pidgey only it had a rather odd feather due on it's head. (like Ritchy's Pikachu) The Pidgey did a few circles in the air above Ruki's head then hovered in front of her. It smiled then landed on her shoulder. "Hi there Pidgey. Are you ready to go on a Pokemon journey?" Pidgey nodded excitedly and chirped again.

Wolf_Goddess
April 17th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Sam looks at her PokeGear that she recieved. "I have PokeGear already," she says quietly. "My parents gave it to me."

dqle
April 17th, 2005, 07:32 PM
OOC: lol, Al Duit! I'm only human! (A human hooked on Pokmon...)

So I was right about the PM you sent me...
Sorry!

IC: "Ah, so I was right!" Duc said after Professor Oak had described the Pokballs. He had stared at the one with a water drop on it, and according to the professor, it contained a Squirtle. "Thanks again, professor!" he said while reaching for the Pokball while holding his new Pokgear in the other.

The Pokball was cold to the touch. Because it was so smooth, Duc accidently fumbled it in his only hand. A few close calls later, he managed to keep the ball from falling on the ground. "Whew!" he sighed with relief. "Okay! Comon out!" Duc said loudly, trying to keep his excitement intact while the Pokmon was coming out of its Pokball.

"Squirt?" the Pokmon said as it looked around somewhat confused. It quickly regained its confidence and saw its new trainer. "Well, hi there!" Duc greeted it. Feeling somewhat threatened by Duc, it immediately used a weak Water Gun at the trainers face. Soon afterwards, the Squirtle's facial expression changed to embarassment. "I guess you have a Careful Nature, don't ya?" Duc said softly while wiping his face, not trying to startle the Pokmon again. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Squirtle!"

Al Duit
April 18th, 2005, 02:14 PM
"You can have the pokedex then, Sam." Professor Oak offered her one. "It'll come in handy," he smiled.

I focus on Duc and Ruki interacting with their first pokemon. Duc adjusted well after he got splashed in the face by his squirtle. I smiled, thinking it was a good thing it wasn't another pikachu. It was neat how Ruki's pidgey landed on her shoulder. I look towards my brother, wondering when he was going to get his pokemon.

Wolf_Goddess
April 20th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Sam smiles, taking the Pokedex. "Thank you," she murmurs though her lips. Cubone was hanging onto her trainer's leg, watching all the Pokemon curiously (and nervously). Before when she was talking to Ash's Pikachu, she was fine. But with a large crowd of Pokemon, she wasn't so sure. She was shy and a bit of...a scaredy cat.

Electric Hero
April 25th, 2005, 05:18 PM
ooc: I hope I can still RP here... XD

ic: Ash and his Pikachu left the room, and I just smiled and bowed my head when they passed besides me. After a while, Professor Oak let us to take deluxe PokeGears, and choose a starter pokmon. So I stood up from my chair and went to Prof. Oak's desk and grabbed a deluxe PokeGear. Then I went to the pokeballs' desk. "darn, I really wanted a Pikachu..." I said to myself, as I grabbed a pokeball. I sighed, kinda sad because of nothing. Sometimes I suffered sudden mood changes.

"ok... c'mon out! Charmander!" I yelled as a light blue turtle got out. "oops, sorry little Squirtle, I think I grabbed the wrong pokmon". Returning the Squirtle to his pokeball, I grabbed another one, making sure this pokeball was a Charmander. "Charmander! I choose you!" I yelled, releasing the fire lizard inside it. The pokmon looked around a little confused, but then his head turned to me. I smiled, then he realized I was his new trainer.

Alana
April 27th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Ruki smiled at Pidgey who smiled back. "So should we get going?" She asked Prof. Oak. She was really anctous sto get started o her Pokemon journey. She knew her Pidgey would be a strong battler and she hoped to train it to be a great speed battler too. But she would keep that to herself.

Wolf_Goddess
April 27th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Sam looks at Ruki, running her fingers through her hair nervously. 'Um, mind if, er, me 'n Cubone join you guys?" she asks, "I'm not big on the idea of traveling alone."

Alana
April 27th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Ruki looked at Sam and smiled. "Yeah you can come with us. That's if everyone's ok with traveling as a group. It ought to be fun to travel with friends right?" She looked at everyone wondering if they would agree. SHe had always pictured herself traveling alone but for no it'd be fine to travel with friends. At least it wouldn't get lonely. She looked at Pidgey and smiled. It wouldn't get lonely as long as this little birds around.

Wolf_Goddess
April 27th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Cubone looks at the Pidgey, her eyes smiling. Sam smiles, a real smile. It wasn't forced, it was real.

Al Duit
May 9th, 2005, 05:57 PM
OOC: Sorry I can't post more tonight. I'm just posting to apologise to everyone for disappearing. My sinuses were severely acting up and it hurt to look at the computer screen. Also, I'm rather busy trying to make Pokemon stuff for my son's birthday party, which he wants to be Pokemon themed and I can't find Pokemon party stuff! If you still want to play this RP, I'll be able to post late tomorrow night.

dqle
May 10th, 2005, 03:26 PM
OOC: Whoa! This RP still alive?! Awesome! It has been a long time, Al Duit. Two weeks as a matter of fact. Are you ok? Sounds to me you have some crazy allergies.

And don't worry. I forgive you. It's not the first RP that just abbruptly stopped that I've been in...

Play? Of course I'd like to keep on playing! I don't like to just run out on RPs unless they are extremely slow.

And Pokmon party stuff? Have you tried party specialty stores, like Party City? If you can't find any of those, why not try to make the Pokmon stuff yourself? (man, I wish I had a party like that...)

Al Duit
May 10th, 2005, 05:00 PM
OOC: Yep, my allergies are pretty wicked! The worst part is, I'm very allergic to both dogs and cats, and we have both and don't have the heart to get rid of them, so I'll probably have to get allergy shots.
I called around to the different party supply stores in my area, and none of them carry Pokemon stuff anymore:disappoin I've already started making some myself, including a coloring/activity bood as part of the goody bags w/ coloring pages i found from another website and puzzles i'm making myself, I'm gonna make a Pikachu Pinata (with a 12-pack soda box as base lol), and a "Pin the tail on the Pontya".:laugh:

IC: I see the little cubone hiding behind Sam. I remember the cubone I had caught, and how shy he had been until he'd gained enough confidence and all of a sudden he'd evolved into a Marowak. After that, he fell in love with another trainer's femail Marowak, and they ran off together. I wonder what ever happened to them. I suppose they had a family together.

Professor Oak says, "As soon as you get your pokemon, you may go. I see some of your parents are outside now."

OOC: I'm gonna private message some of the players who haven't made it on...even before I made my dissapearance to see if they're still playing.

dqle
May 11th, 2005, 11:26 AM
OOC: Yes. Good idea.
Huh. Never thought about that. I have a dog (and luckly, I'm not alergic) so I understand on what you're going through. Dogs and cats (and any other pet) are those who really become attached to their caretaker, sorta like Pokmon and Trainers!

And I'm pretty surprised that no part place carries Pokmon party stuff anymore! Oh well. I always thought homemade stuff is the best anyways. And you're making a Pikachu Pinata? (I sorta find it hard to swallow beating up a Pikachu with a stick... Although Magikarp are a completely different situation!)

Eh, well, just get better, alright? We don't need anymore trouble in this world.

IC: Parents? Duc thought. We're going on a long journey and seeing them would only make us homesick...

Then again, this would be our only time we'd see them for a long time...

Duc's parents are currently on their honeymoon, so he really didn't expect to see them here. He waited for everyone else before making his way towards the door.

Wolf_Goddess
May 11th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Teh Cubone looks warily at the trainer who was staring at her. She hid her face in Sam's leg. Sam bends over to pat the Pokemon's head.

Electric Hero
May 11th, 2005, 05:18 PM
As I heard Prf. Oak, I turned fastly my head to see the door. An indeed, many parents were already there. I wonder if my parents are there? I asked myself. "c'mon Charmander! you're gonna meet my parents, and you better know them well this moment, we are not going to see them in a long time!" I said to my Charmander, it smiled and started to jump happily. I think he understood. I quiclky felt good along my new Charmander.

I ran to the door and suddenly stopped and turned around to see my friends. "hey, are we going to travel together?" I asked them... It would be weird but new to travel alone, but with friends was better than anything.

Al Duit
May 11th, 2005, 05:52 PM
OOC: Hey, Max, don't be so much in a hurry to post. Take your time and get your spelling and grammar correct. Your RP is pretty good, but, your grammar and spelling is rather distracting! Do you have a spell check program you can use?

IC: I put my camcorder on pause and walk over to Sam. "Do you mind if I take a closer look at your Cubone? He reminds me a little bit of one I used to have." And it's not just the shyness. I think. There's something else about it...I'm not sure if it's because I miss my old Cubone or not.

Electric Hero
May 12th, 2005, 02:13 PM
ooc: sorry, I'm actually good at spelling and grammar, but I was in a LITTLE hurry to finish... I think. I'll try to take my time next time.

Wolf_Goddess
May 12th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Sam nods her head, her smile dimming. "But um, my Cubone is a female. But sure, you could look at her."

Al Duit
May 12th, 2005, 06:37 PM
"Oh, sorry," I blush slightly at my tiny blunder then bend down slowly so I won't scare the little cubone. "Hi, Cubone, my name is Dale." I say gently as I look at it's shoulder. "My, you're a pretty girl. I have no idea how I mistook you for a boy!" I spot what I'm looking for... a heart-shaped birthmark, just like the one my cubone who evolved into a marowak had! I raise my eyes to look into Cubone's. They're green w/ yellow flecks! Just like the eyes of the female marowak mine ran off with! I look up at Sam. "Do you happen to know what happened to her parents?" I knew it was a silly question when I asked it -- most pokemon aren't with their parents when they're captured, after all -- but, I'd been wondering and worrying about Wacko ever since he ran off with the other marowak.

Wolf_Goddess
May 13th, 2005, 12:54 PM
"Only her mother. When I was five, I, uh, witnessed the mother's death..." she hangs her head, "Team Rocket was taking over Lavender and Saffron, and I used to live in Lavender. I, er, found the egg afterwords." she reaches over to lift up Cubone, "I don't know about the father..."

Al Duit
May 13th, 2005, 01:42 PM
I stand back up. That Team Rocket sure has a way of causing a lot of pain! I tell Sam about Wacko and what had happened. "I believe your Cubone is Wacko's daughter. She has the same heart-shaped birthmark on her shoulder Wacko did. And the Marowak Wacko ran off with had the same colored eyes Cubone has. I'm glad you found her egg. You took real good care of her. It must have been traumatic for you to watch Team Rocket kill her mother. This makes me even more worried about Wacko." Well, there's nothing I can do about it now. It's been five years. I doubt I'll ever be able to find Wacko again. I sigh, wishing I'd looked even harder for him than I did five years ago, even though I know I looked for a week, even in some pokecenters.

Alana
May 13th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Ruki walked outside adn spotted her mom. She gulped. Her mom of course hurried over.

"Oh what an adorable Pokemon Ruki. I know you'll train it to be a fine companian. I look forward to seeing you in the Pokemon League. I'll be ruting for you the whole way." Her mom then gave her a big hug and stepped back.

"Thanks mom. I promise to do my best and make you and dad proud. Maybe I'll be meet him on my journey."

"Maybe. Now get going."

"I have to wait on my friends."

Electric Hero
May 13th, 2005, 02:05 PM
I walked outside the lab, and my parents were there. "Hello son. Oh my! is that your new pokmon?" my mother said to me. "yes, it's Charmander. Say hello to my parents Charmander" I rpelied and told my new pokmon. He heard me, and waved his... hand to them...always happy.

My parents smiled, "so... are you going to travel alone or with someone?" my parents asked, and replied them that with my friends. "oh well, that's good news" my parents told me, and they hugged me and stepped back. "Mom, Dad, I promise I will become the Pokmon League Champion!" I expressed with emotion. "we know you will fight hard to accomplish your dream, and we want you to know that we will be always supporting you" ... "thanks".

Wolf_Goddess
May 13th, 2005, 02:05 PM
She bows her head, scooping the Cubone up and rubbing the boney head. "Its nice to know that I know who the father is. I think its time to go. My parents left for work, but they said by to me already. Let's go." she says, leaving. She catches up to Ruki. "Hey, ready to go?" she says quietly.

Alana
May 13th, 2005, 02:11 PM
"Yep." Said Ruki happily. Pidgey hopped of her shoulder and zoomed around her head excitedly. "Hehe I guess Pidgey is too. Hmm, yeah that'll work. I hope he likes it. Ok let's get going? I can't wait to start my journey."

Al Duit
May 13th, 2005, 02:57 PM
OOC: Welcome back, Alana. Now the only one who we need back is Gothsinn (Brendan's player). She's a good reason to be away...she's PMed me about it. I've PMed her for permission to RP Brendan until she can get back, but haven't recieved an answer yet. If I don't get an answer by tomorrow night, I'll go ahead and do it to get the RP moving. So please be patient.

dqle
May 13th, 2005, 07:44 PM
OOC: Huh? Post #144 looks like Power Playing! Did you discuss that over with Wolf_Goddess, Al Duit? Otherwise, I'm somewhat confused. Pokmon are characters just like human characters, therefore Pokmon belonging to the player should only be modified according to that player.

IC: Duc made his way towards the doors since everybody made there way towards the exit and met their parents, if they were there, of course. His Squirtle hopped next to him eagerly, yet cautiously. Duc wanted to give him a nickname later, but he can't seen to think up of one right now.

Team Rocket was always in the headlines, most recently in Cerulean City. He knew that the red-hed lived there, but didn't wish Team Rocket upon anybody. Those crooks mercilessly do anything just to get a profit. I wonder if Ash has had any encounters with Team Rocket... he thought.

Pushing those thoughts aside, he turned his attention towards the kids meeting their parents. It comforted him to see the parents reaction towards the Pokmon. At least there's some people in this world who take care of Pokmon. As much as he loved to talk to his new friends, the situation in Oak's lab drained him of a lot of energy, but still managed to talk happily. "Hey, I'm with you, Ruki!" he said, not bothering to return his Squirtle to its Pokball.

OOC: Since it's this late in the RP, I made my character already know everyone's name. If this is a problem, don't hesitate to tell me.

Electric Hero
May 13th, 2005, 08:02 PM
ooc: I kinda "agree" with dqle, I think we already should know our names because I thought we already were friends in childhood. But as he said, if there's a problem, I can hear you.

I walked over some of my friends not too far from me. "Hi Duc, Ruki, Sam" I said to my friends, with my new Charmander behind me. "long time no see" I added with a smile on my face. "so what's up?" I asked them, looking at them.

Al Duit
May 14th, 2005, 09:48 AM
OOC: Yes I discussed it with Wolf Goddess via PM. Since she didn't object, I'm not sure why you did, Dqle. I may be relatively new to Pokecommunity, but, I do know roleplay rules. :17: As for the names and such, yeah, sure, no problem at all:classic:

Electric Hero
May 14th, 2005, 04:13 PM
"I wonder what are doing the rest of us?" I asked my friends, turning around to see at the lab. "so what pokmon did you all choose?" I asked them. "I got a Charmander!" I added happily looking at my Charmander. It just continued smiling and said "Char!" and jumped a bit.

Al Duit
May 14th, 2005, 04:20 PM
OOC: I'm not gonna roleplay until I get all of your opinions first. It appears Gothsinn23 has abandoned this RP. I've tried PMing her and she hasn't answered. So, shall we continue w/o her? I've been told by a moderator I cannot take over her character w/o her permission, which I didn't want to do anyway....Should I make a new character who's my character's little brother...I mean, part of the roleplay storyline is that my character is the older brother of one of the friends...if Gothsinn23 isn't gonna play it anymore... what do you all think?

dqle
May 14th, 2005, 08:26 PM
OOC: Eh? I didn't mean my message to say that I actually objected to that situation! I actually don't mind. Sorry if I confused you, Al Duit. (I tend to repeat rules if broken, even if players already know them)

Everybody's mad at me... *sob*

And as for the unheard player...
I really don't know what to do. Since I've never hosted an RP yet, I really don't have a clue. However, I've played in RPs where the story keeps going on, reguardless of an absence or not. Should the player who's been MIA come back, that player would have to 'catch up' somehow and still stay with the storyline.
Whatever. It's really up to you. I do like your suggestion, though.

Al Duit
May 15th, 2005, 07:10 AM
OOC: I wasn't really mad, just annoyed.

Anyway, I really don't believe Gothsinn23 is coming back. She gave me a story that at first I believed, but now I'm starting to doubt. Because now she's been posting in other RPs but not here, so I think she lost interest. So, I'll make another "little brother character"...just consider the posts that was Brendan as the new character...kind of like on a show when a different actor plays the role as one who's left...only the character's name changes :cross-eye. Kind of like Dr. Who, actually, where the looks and personality changes, but still the main character, my 'little brother' will change name and personality and looks, etc., but still be the 'little brother'.

IC: Name: Richie Carter

Sex:Male

Physical Appearance: Scruffy and curly red hair that never stays in place, green eyes, freckles. 4'11, 84 lbs. Wears a blue t-shirt w/ lots of rattata's all around it, blue jeans, black running shoes, black backpack w/ blue sleeping bag attatched, brown vest with large pockets.

Skills not related to Pokemon: Running (was on the school track team and won first place trophy in a school tournament), tae kwon do (currently is a red belt)

Favorite type of Pokemon: Normal and fighting

Starter Pokemon: Rattata

Hobbies other than pokemon: Running, tae kwon do

Likes: Sam (has a secret crush on her), pizza and most italian food.

Dislikes: spinach

Fears/Phobias: spiders and fire

General Personality: Energetic, friendly and thoughtful. Looks up to his brother.

Background: Pretty much like Dale's on family life. Met Sam when she moved from Lavender town, and instantly fell in love the first time he saw her, which was at school when they introduced her at the front of the class. He saw she was shy and immediately volunteered to show her around school. He's always trying to get her to break out of her shell.

Richie snaps out of his trance...he'd been watching everything going on around him like he was in a dream. "Hey wait everyone!" He runs up and gets the pokeball with the rattata and lets it out. The little rattata runs and hides under a desk. "Hi there," Richie greets it in a soft voice as he kneels down where he's standing and looks under the desk. He slowly inches towards the desk while continuing speeking softly to the scared little rattata. "I wanna be your friend. Please don't be scared!" He holds his hand palm up near the ground towards rattata, and it cautiously sniffs his fingers, then pounces into Richies arms. "Atta, bo...er..." Richie checks, "yeah, boy! Atta boy." He says as he strokes the Rattata's head. "What shall I call you...hey, Attaboy is nice, don't you think?"

"Tat tat, tatta, rattata!" The little pokemon says and licks Richie.

"Attaboy it is!" Richie stands, cradling Attaboy in his arms. "Hey, Dale! Look! My first pokemon! Isn't he great?!?"

I had noticed my little brother going up to get a pokeball, so I excused myself to Sam and started filming him. When he spoke to me, I had gotten it all on film. "Yeah, that's great!" I was so happy for him, that's all I could say, 'cause I had a lump in my throat. I quickly wipe a tear from my eye. Geez, I didn't think I'd get so emotional!

dqle
May 15th, 2005, 08:06 AM
OOC: A-are you sure, Al Duit? You seem pretty angry to me... (staring at emoticon on post)

*comparing old Brendan Carter to new Richie Carter* Whoa. That's a lot of changes. Oh well. I don't mind.

(Feeling bad...)

Al Duit
May 15th, 2005, 08:25 AM
OOC: Well, maybe I was a little mad when I did that post. But mostly annoyed:classic: No hard feelings...it's over;)

Like I said...kind of like Dr. Who...if you've ever seen that show. I was told I couldn't take over Brendan, so I had to change it.

Alana
May 15th, 2005, 08:35 AM
OOC: I dunno about creating a new character because some one left.I can't stop you as it is your RP and you said that having a younger brother was part of the plot and everything, but I don't approve of it. Still seems like powerplaying. Still it's up to you. I will post my IC later.

dqle
May 15th, 2005, 10:12 AM
OOC: Thanks. I feel better now, Al Duit.

Nope. Sorry. Haven't seen Dr. Who.

Hey, Alana. You did read as to why Al Duit did what she did, right? Gothsinn23
doesn't seem to want to keep control over Brendan, so why can't Al Duit fix it up? Looks like the little brother is vital to this RP, so it makes since to me.

Alana
May 15th, 2005, 10:14 AM
OOC: I know. I never said I would try to make her stop or turn over control or anything. All I said is I disapprove.

Wolf_Goddess
May 15th, 2005, 11:49 AM
(( I like the new character (Perhaps because of the fact that he has a crush on my character ^_^) but then again, that's just me. LET'S BEGIN THE ADVENTURE!))

Sam turns, looking at Richie. Her solemn face turns into a semi-smile. She wished that she had an older sibling. Then, she might of been less shy and always have someone encouraging her. She looks over at the Rattata.
"Cute, did you give him a nickname?"
The reason why her Cubone didn't have a nicknme was...well, she never really was creative with names. She thought Cubone was pretty good anyway.

Hazard7
May 15th, 2005, 05:20 PM
OOC: Is there anything I can take over, let me know cos i'm bored and i want to do some roleplaying :P

Al Duit
May 15th, 2005, 08:28 PM
OOC: Sure, Hazard7. If you'd like to take over RP of Richie Carter after I post this, go ahead!

IC: Richie beams towards Sam. "Yes, it's Attaboy. Do ya like it?" Richie replies as he scratches Attaboy behind his ears and walks over to Sam. "I'm sorry I slowed everyone down. Would it be alright if I go along with all of you, too?"

I get rather excited. All I thought I'd be doing would be documenting my brother, but it looks like it's gonna be 5 trainers I'll document at once!

Hazard7
May 16th, 2005, 12:42 AM
OOC: Can i change the info for Richie or Brenden i can be? I perfer to use Eevee as Starter.

Al Duit
May 16th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Sorry, the starters are set, as is the name of both the character and his pokemon. Since Brendan was Gothsinn23's creation, you can't use Brendan. You can change Richie's appearance (though it might be good to keep the family resemblance between Dale and Richie ;)--just a suggestion-- the clothes, etc. you can change to your taste of course), skills and hobbies, but I prefer you keep his personality as is especially concerning the crush on Sam, otherwise, his likes and dislikes can change as well. Go ahead and cut and paste the form I used to make Richies character and change it to suit you (barring what I already asked to stay the same.) I hope this doesn't put you off. I just want to keep a little continuancy here.

Hazard7
May 19th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Hope this is alrite.

Name: Richie Carter

Sex:Male

Physical Appearance: Spikey black hair, blue eyes, freckles. 5'0", 95 lbs. Wears a purple jacket, black baggy jeans, black running shoes with three white stripes, black and purple backpack with blue sleeping bag attatched.

Skills not related to Pokemon: Running (was on the school track team and won first place trophy in a school tournament), Soccer

Favorite type of Pokemon: Normal and Fire

Starter Pokemon: Rattata (But I want Eevee instead :( )

Hobbies other than pokemon: Running

Likes: Sam (his's Secret crush), cheese and pepperoni pizza, pasta and french fries.

Dislikes: Chicken and Turkey.

Fears/Phobias: Nightmares and Spiders

General Personality: Energetic, friendly and thoughtful. Looks up to his brother.

Background: Pretty much like Dale's on family life. Met Sam when she moved from Lavender town, and instantly fell in love the first time he saw her, which was at school when they introduced her at the front of the class. He saw she was shy and immediately volunteered to show her around school. He's always trying to get her to break out of her shell.

Al Duit
May 19th, 2005, 06:11 PM
OOC: Darn it, I'm having a hard time posting tonight! So far only 2 of 4 posts have shown up! And one of them was just an edit! Well, hope this posts this time...OK, that's great Hazard7. Feel free to start RPing.

Hazard7
May 20th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Sorry again but how do I start? It's pretty confusing me at the moment cos I got mixed up. Give me the idea and I will start roleplay. Thanks

Al Duit
May 20th, 2005, 03:48 PM
OOC: Why don't you just read all the posts so far and see what Gothsinn did with Brendan and what I did with Richie...i mean, what Brendan did in the story is what Richie has done, etc., and play on that. OK?

Hazard7
May 21st, 2005, 03:20 AM
OOC: I will change the word from your's so I give this one a try this one for a start.

IC: Richie beams towards Sam. "Nah, I don't think Rattata got a nickname. Do you have a nice nickname for him?" Richie replies as he stroke his pokemon on it back and walks over to Sam. "I'm sorry I have slows everyone down. But would it be nice if I go along with all of you?" He asked and felt embrassin to ask her out with the journey like that because he knows he had a crush on her. "I guess I could protect you from troubles if that's alrite? You know, work like a team. Hope we could get a 2 on 2 battle maybe. You and me taking on the 2 others" He smiles in embrassing.

Al Duit
May 21st, 2005, 05:23 AM
OOC: Change what word? You mean the rattata's name? You didn't like the nickname I made up? :p I thought it was cool! I don't mind. Do it your way.

IC: I see our parents outside looking rather concerned that we hadn't come out yet. "Hey, let's move this flirting outside." I can't pass up the oportunity to tease my little bro.

Hazard7
May 21st, 2005, 10:11 AM
Richie look at his older brother. "I guess your right, bro. We better move on to start our journey." Then he look at his parent and waving them goodbye. Richie turn around and look at Sam. He grin at her and ask her to hold his hand. "Come on guys. Let's go! I dying to see this Pokemon adventure!" Richie excited.

dqle
May 21st, 2005, 01:01 PM
OOC: Yay, there's more posts!

IC: Duc was glad to see others just as enthusiastic about the adventure as he was. He thought, because of his statement, Richie had taken or at least observed somebody's adventure before.

He moved towards the door's edge to lean his back on. His Squirtle wobbled to be near him. "Well, if everybody's ready, let's get our chance to become Pokmon Masters!"

Al Duit
May 22nd, 2005, 07:54 PM
I manuever outside with my camera and position myself so I can get everything in, to see the parents give a final send off to the newly christened pokemon trainers.