PDA

View Full Version : Preps

Arwen
January 1st, 2004, 08:42 PM
Defination of Prep: A High Achiving Person who dress nicely, does good in school, and belives in religion.

Well, Now yets talk about them!

Frostweaver
January 1st, 2004, 08:51 PM
first of all...

relating to young well-educated affluent people: relating to or characteristic of well-educated, fairly affluent young people who are known for their neat, traditional, often expensive clothing style

That's the dictionary meaning I find (msn encarta)... seems like the religious part is rather your added definition...

Secondly, my personal definition...

"high educated" doesn't equal to "high achieving"... I think there are plenty of bums who graduate out of university you know.

The fact that a prep is usually "high in material wealth" with "expensive clothing style" bugs me... I didn't have a SINGLE good history with these people... They're either an annoyance or "dominantly male." (at least that's my experience with them).

Though usually considered as "society models" looked up by other teenagers, I for one, despite the vast vast majority of 'prep." But then again... I'm not normal at all.

Arwen
January 1st, 2004, 09:01 PM
Highly expensive clothing..... *estonished....* you mean... a 500 dollars for a outfit...

*estionished..........................*

Kyosuke
January 1st, 2004, 09:06 PM
The kind I really don't like are the ones who try way too hard to act "cool", and it seems that everyone wants to be like them and act like them. Just have your own style and stop trying to follow what everybody else is doing.

Rift
January 1st, 2004, 10:22 PM
well im guessin im not a prep! :D i find the cheapest clothes and what i like! i dont go out and get a taylor to size me for a suit! :P

Too-Angel
January 1st, 2004, 11:08 PM
I kind of consider myself a prep. I don't usually try to hard to be so cool to others and maintain to show off others of who I am. I just like to keep organized everything that's surround me and always wear good clothes
and rather buy expensive ones than the cheap ones. :D

PokeMaster3000
January 2nd, 2004, 05:34 AM
hm... am I a prep? you guys judge.

A High Achiving Person: I didn't get it by that... do you mean in studies and stuff like that?

who dress nicely: hm... I don't care what I wear... I just always wear something thats "in" at the moment.... sorta. I like to wear some old-fashion stuff tho sometimes.

does good in school: yeah, i'm one of the best in my class... well there are only three bests.... and i title third... heh

and belives in religion: yeah, I belive in one but I won't say what it is cos it might start a flamewars...

...... so... what do u think? btw, i'm saying the truth about me being one of the best in class.

DragonTrainer
January 2nd, 2004, 06:58 AM
Uh, I got something to say about the expensive clothing

We preps do not go out and spend tons of money for clothes.Then again, we don't want to look bad, but we don't spend so much money for clothes.Also, a prep does not have to be wealthy, people just use that as a stereotype.

PichuSecretBase
January 2nd, 2004, 08:11 AM
a Prep is a snob at my school.....

We define that as...

A Perverted Represenitive of Evil

DragonTrainer
January 2nd, 2004, 09:47 AM
Atsuji, that's pretty much shortminded and stereotypical of you, and probably false

We're not snobs, I mean, maybe a few, but not all of us, you can't just judge like that

latiosspud
January 2nd, 2004, 10:02 AM
Atsuji, that's pretty much shortminded and stereotypical of you, and probably false

We're not snobs, I mean, maybe a few, but not all of us, you can't just judge like that
Just like you can't judge goths like you did. You might not know it but every sterotypes once in a while.

Miyu-chan
January 2nd, 2004, 11:07 AM
I can't really tell, as long as they get along with me, and so on, they're fine. n_n;

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
January 2nd, 2004, 11:18 AM
Why don't we make a thread for all different types of people, instead of individuals taking up pace.

BTW: I don't like preps.

DragonTrainer
January 2nd, 2004, 11:47 AM
Hmm, maybe we could make clubs or something

Miyu-chan
January 2nd, 2004, 12:02 PM
Then this should go into the Mixed Community groups or something. x_x; (Then...Maybe not...)

DragonTrainer
January 2nd, 2004, 12:09 PM
Lol, well maybe it should, or we could make a new thread there

Timbjerr
January 2nd, 2004, 12:12 PM
ehh...like I said before, I've been considered a prep around my school (minus the expensive clothes part. I try to be independently fashionable without spending too much; the most expensive article of clothing I own are my shoes that cost atround $30)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the prep lifestyle, it is today's punk-rock society that is telling people that preppy people are evil (like I said above, I'm a prep in all but the worst aspect of it)

Keleri
January 2nd, 2004, 12:18 PM
Eh, there's some 'preps', I guess, who I know who are evil and they should die, but that's probably not true of every one, sooo... I just hate everyone equally. Then it's all good and fair.

DragonTrainer
January 2nd, 2004, 12:21 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the prep lifestyle, it is today's punk-rock society that is telling people that preppy people are evil (like I said above, I'm a prep in all but the worst aspect of it)
I completely agree with him, most goths in our school get everyone to hate us for no good reason

Lol, I'm a prep too, but not the extremely rich snobby kind

Arwen
January 2nd, 2004, 12:32 PM
Well, possibally yes, minus the expensive clothing and snobby behavor....

^_^

DragonTrainer
January 2nd, 2004, 12:39 PM
Yea, I'm not snobby, nor do I spend so much cash on clothes

Dizzy
January 2nd, 2004, 05:00 PM
Hurray Everyone is talking bad about Preps ( I'm a prep ). I dont have a snobby attitude but I do have very Expensive clothing and thats part of being a prep, The fashion statement you make with your preppy clothes...

punkie90
January 2nd, 2004, 05:04 PM
I know you are Jordan. But someone talk me male Preps had small *****!

Frostweaver
January 2nd, 2004, 05:09 PM
it's never possilbe to define "abstract" things... things such as "peace," "freedom", and PREP. Everyone's definition of one is different. DragonTrainer's idea of prep doesn't need to have rich clothing, but to me they do for example. So don't criticize each other's definition of the word, as it's just as stupid as debating why a certain color is better than another.

Since i tagged too much negative adjectives to the word "PREP", to *me* "PREPs" should stay away from me, or I'll stay away from you... (then again not there's not that much people who I don't stay away from ^_^; )

punkie90
January 2nd, 2004, 05:12 PM
Some preeps are cool. But some arn't!

Dizzy
January 2nd, 2004, 05:13 PM
I know you are Jordan. But someone talk me male Preps had small *****!

Small whats? That was really immature if I know what your talking about...

it's never possilbe to define "abstract" things... things such as "peace," "freedom", and PREP. Everyone's definition of one is different. DragonTrainer's idea of prep doesn't need to have rich clothing, but to me they do for example. So don't criticize each other's definition of the word, as it's just as stupid as debating why a certain color is better than another.

Since i tagged too much negative adjectives to the word "PREP", to *me* "PREPs" should stay away from me, or I'll stay away from you... (then again not there's not that much people who I don't stay away from ^_^; )

Hurray... Now what. Another something wrong with me.... My Last three days SUCKED SO MUCH YOU GuYS DONT EVEN KNOW WHY I AM SO GLAD TO BE HOME.

Arwen
January 2nd, 2004, 05:40 PM
Calm down or I will have to ask a moderator to lock this thread.

Frostweaver
January 2nd, 2004, 05:42 PM
Calm down or I will have to ask a moderator to lock this thread.
and... where in this thread did you find "us" not calm and is rather furious?

Dizzy we're sorry for the unfortunate events that have fallen upon you, but let's save that for DCC? This isn't the right place as it'll be off topic then...

Dizzy
January 2nd, 2004, 05:42 PM
Dont talk to me that way because your no better than me. Anyways. Like I was saying I had a Horrible new Years before Miss ***** interrupted me. Anyways.. Preps pretty much run my school.

Arwen
January 2nd, 2004, 05:45 PM
??????

Thats it, If anyone can't act mature and stop fighting, I am going to ask a s-mod to close this....

(i shouldn't create this topic.... I regret it...)

Frostweaver
January 2nd, 2004, 05:47 PM
let's not one person's rushed action decide the fate of a topic for *everyone*... Dizzy you seriously need to calm down and drop the grudges in PC. Save that for your own personal life off PC (but it'll be best to drop it completely).

I personally have high hopes for this topic as this is a very metacognitive topic... I don't want to see it closed down... I put my faith in PC that this topic will stay open because we're all mature enough to handle different opinions and will restrain ourselves from insulting one another for different beliefs, opinions and values.

Arwen
January 2nd, 2004, 05:49 PM
let's not one person's rushed action decide the fate of a topic for *everyone*... Dizzy you seriously need to calm down and drop the grudges in PC. Save that for your own personal life off PC (but it'll be best to drop it completely).

I personally have high hopes for this topic as this is a very metacognitive topic... I don't want to see it closed down... I put my faith in PC that this topic will stay open because we're all mature enough to handle different opinions and will restrain ourselves from insulting one another for different beliefs, opinions and values.
True, but please, don't be too.... uhhhh.... nm...

Yes, we should say our options, but you hae to take it seriously... if you don't like a comment that someone made, ignore it.... don't make a big outburst.

DragonTrainer
January 3rd, 2004, 01:28 PM
Well, back on subject, I think people stereotype preps waaaayy too much.I mean, most people everywhere hate all preps just because they are preps, for no other reason, they don't even get to know you

But, then again, that's their choice

Dizzy
January 3rd, 2004, 01:31 PM
But not just preps, people stereotype people in general way too much without getting to know the person. The reason some people might not like preppy people are because they might think there spoiled or snobbish.

DragonTrainer
January 3rd, 2004, 01:37 PM
Yea, the world is extremely stereotypical.Heck, all of us stereotype, even if we think we don't

Miyu-chan
January 3rd, 2004, 07:45 PM
Not me. =P Since I don't really know what a prep is. (or a goth, in that matter...)