• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark and Crystal Energies, how they work?

Years
Hello to everybody.
I would like to know how to use the dark and the crystal energy, but I've not completely understood hot thay work... Can you help me, please?

:)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 24, 2005
Darkness:
It always provides an energy of the color Darkness. If it is attached to a Darkness-typed Pokemon, or a Pokemon with Dark in its name, then, whenever that Pokemon does damage to the defending Pokemon, it does 10 more damage for each Darkness energy attached.

Crystal:
It is basically a modified Rainbow energy. It can take on the color of any basic energy attached to the Pokemon. If the Pokemon that Crystal's attached to doesn't have any basic energy cards on it, than it gets "colorless". Darkness and Metal do not count as basic energy cards.

Years
Thanks!

Another question... If I attached a Dark Energy on a non Dark Pok?mon, what happens?

And, how the Metal Energy works?

Thank you very much!!!! :D

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 24, 2005
Darkness will provide [D] energy to a non-dark Pokemon, and will do nothing else.

Metal:
Always provides one [M] energy. If it is attached to a Metal Pokemon, then that Pokemon takes 10 less damage for each metal energy attached to that Pokemon, after weakness and resistance are calculated. Same limit as Darkness.

Years
Thanks Bullados! You are very kind...

Bullados said:
Darkness will provide [D] energy to a non-dark Pokemon, and will do nothing else.

Metal:
Always provides one [M] energy. If it is attached to a Metal Pokemon, then that Pokemon takes 10 less damage for each metal energy attached to that Pokemon, after weakness and resistance are calculated. Same limit as Darkness.

Ok, I understood. But what you mean with "Same limit as Darkness"?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 24, 2005
Metal Energy will provide [M] energy to a non-[M] Pokemon, and nothing else.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
is that a new Nintendo law? cause in the past ppl love using metallic Chanseys doing Chansey bombs with unown N and all...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 24, 2005
Nintendo rules. I think they were made to stop the Metal energy abuse on Chansey and Zappy and the like. It takes away Darkness's bad side, so I figure that's good, and I never really liked Chansey anyhoo.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
cool...why does all the good stuff happens after I give up on the TCG?!?

Lucretia_fly

~Pok?mon Breeder~
Years
Oooh.. interesting ^_^ I was wondering what they did because the newest sets I'm collecting have these two new energies.. Thanks!

Back