PDA

View Full Version : Losing the Spirit

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
January 5th, 2004, 05:16 PM
I don't know about you, but Pokmon and me being a teenager, sin't really working. i'm more mature than the year and one day ago I signed up here. I don't really like Pokmon any more. It's not appealing to people in my age [the mature ones]. Does anyone else feel the same?

Kairi
January 5th, 2004, 05:26 PM
I'm sixteen and I'm mature enough to not let my age have that big of an impact on things I enjoy so...

Shadow
January 5th, 2004, 05:26 PM
You can enjoy Pokemon no matter how mature or old you are. Don't let stereotypes and other people's opinions drive you away from something you like.
And shouldn't this be in Pokemon General?

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
January 5th, 2004, 05:32 PM
I was trying not say that all mature people don't like Pokemon, but that's how it sounds. I guess it just depends on who you are. I just don't find anything spontaneous about the show anymore. The just use the same things all the time. Ex: Team Rocket.
I just think it's a kid show. I don't make fun of people who like it though, because other can like enjoy what they like.

Arcanine
January 5th, 2004, 05:40 PM
There is people that has kids and thay like Pokemon (the ones that has kids).
Im 15 and I still love Pokemon. Pokemon is not just for kids (every one will say that but its not ture). There is teenagers that loves Pokemon.

Arwen
January 5th, 2004, 05:51 PM
I'm 15 and I still like pokemon.... Pokemon is not just for kids, but teens also...

Rift
January 5th, 2004, 05:52 PM
well its people like us who keep Pokemon alive, so no...ill be old and wrinkled before Pokemon leaves me! :P

flygonruler1
January 5th, 2004, 05:52 PM
lika me!

itsa me flygonruler!

DragonTrainer
January 5th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Well, I still like pokemon, and I have to say I am mature for my age.(Well, maybe not online, but in real life, I'm mature)It's not about how old you are, anyone can like pokemon, wether you are 3 or 30.I have to admit, the show is sorta for kids, but the games are extremely challenging, which is what I like.I guess it just depends on the person.....

Shining Arcanine
January 5th, 2004, 06:15 PM
You can enjoy Pokemon no matter how mature or old you are. Don't let stereotypes and other people's opinions drive you away from something you like.
And shouldn't this be in Pokemon General?
Yes it should be, good eye. *Moves*

John Denver
January 5th, 2004, 06:26 PM
you're never to old to love something you like...

did that make sense?

ok, hmm, how bout this

If you put your heart into something, then age doesn't matter...

nah that's too sappy, hmm, how bout this..

If you care for something enough that age doesn't matter then you have reached maturity..

bam that's it

BOO ya!

Frostweaver
January 5th, 2004, 08:10 PM
just a verys simple word of advice...

"age = useless number"

Don't let numbers take over your life... they're just numbers...

Kairyu
January 6th, 2004, 03:09 AM
Like the old saying goes, "You're never to old for anything." And I take it to heart too, I mean I'm a college student and I still enjoy playing Pokemon cards and watching the cartoon show every so often. Maybe not as often as I use to but I try to keep up.
frostweaver said it best, never let a bunch of numbers decide what you can and cannot do.

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
January 6th, 2004, 04:13 AM
it's not all about myage, but how mature I feel at this age. I've just outgrown Pokemon.

jynx
January 6th, 2004, 05:01 AM
The cartoon seems so much more boring than 3years ago!
I used to laugh my head off when I was young.

(Hong Kong was banned from Pokemon for 3years)

DragonTrainer
January 6th, 2004, 05:52 AM
it's not all about myage, but how mature I feel at this age. I've just outgrown Pokemon.
Well, the way I see it, when you have gotten older, and you like something no matter how old you are, then that's true maturity

Porygon
January 6th, 2004, 08:27 AM
My brother feels he's outgrown Pokmon. Makes me wonder what the heck he's thinking. Oh, well, his problem.

Kayleigh
January 6th, 2004, 10:14 AM
As long as I truly enjoy Pokmon, I'm not going to let my age get in the way. You can still be mature and like a cartoon. Most 14 year old girls are so boy crazy, where they think they have to be perfect in order to be popular. =_= I'm actually just about the opposite of that; I do have a crush, but I'm not obsessed with him or anything. People have their opinions though, and mine is just that it's silly to stop liking something just because you think you're 'too old'.

Dizzy
January 6th, 2004, 11:49 AM
I don't know about you, but Pokmon and me being a teenager, sin't really working. i'm more mature than the year and one day ago I signed up here. I don't really like Pokmon any more. It's not appealing to people in my age [the mature ones]. Does anyone else feel the same?

Finally Someone who feels the same way. Im not trying to be mean but Pokemon and me arent compatible as much. Sure I like the Game...But not anything else.. My friends would disown me if I told them about this... :) Dont hate me please I have my opinions.

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
January 6th, 2004, 11:58 AM
In a way I agree with what Dizzy said. I don't really enjoy the show as much, but I like the games most of the time. But I didn't decide on not liking pokemon because of my friends. They have nothing to do with my decisions.

Dizzy
January 6th, 2004, 12:07 PM
LuCky You Nick, My Friends and I run each other lives which I know isnt healthy... But That has nothing to do with this topic. I just dont like it as much as I did in the Fifth Grade I guess. I'm an Older Person and I like new things. I'm not @ home as much and thats probably why I DoNT LikE the ShoW as MucH... BUt I dont Hate Pokemon Its very Cool in Some ways ( Can you say all the Great Websites, Fanfics, Fanart, Hacks and Other things... Ya Dizzy didnt let your work go un-noticed :) )

flygonruler1
January 6th, 2004, 04:09 PM
go to neopets.com for one month
comeback and you will love the place
learned that on some other fourum with some who wasnt likeing pokemon more and more
■@☻☺♥♦♣6♠◘○♀♂
ha thats cool
-♂♀♪♫☼►1↕‼▬↨↑↓→←∟↔▲▼ !"#$%&'()*+-./012345689:;<
look I counted to 60 holdin down alt
try alt+0233

ha!

Igglybuddy
January 6th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Eh, it's probably not the smartest thing to reveal you enjoy when you're in 11th Grade like me...most people only identify with the cartoon, cards and whatnot. I only play the games now, and of course write bad fanfiction when I get really bored.

Vai Fox
January 6th, 2004, 10:33 PM
I guess I can say i feel the same way.I'm fourteen and still like Pokemon,i've liked it since It came out,though the feeling kind of died for two and a half years during GSC to Ru/Sa..I picked up the Sapphire version and loved it all over again.If i had any friends in real life,they'd go 'Eww,that's for babies',but to tell you he truth,it's not.The games are fun..the show's...for kids,really.That's the childish thing.Still..I get up every saturday to watch the Advanced series.Ah well..people do eventually grow out of things..its just human nature.I didn't really truely UNDERSTAND po.kemon until ru/sa though.i had no clue was the sp.atk and sp.def were on the games..I felt silly. xx; Hee..but now I am obsessed with a certain type of Pokemon and the feeling's here to stay for about another year methinks,then it might die down again.

Dizzy
January 7th, 2004, 11:57 AM
I'm not insulting the show but with all the corny music it has it should have really kept the Japanese Music instead of having Back Street Boys Sing a Theme song for them...

Roxy Parkington
January 7th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Look at me for an example: I'm fourteen years old and my friend and I have loved Pokemon since we were nine and ten years old! I'll never stop liking Pokemon at all, no matter what others say.

~Roxy~

Dizzy
January 7th, 2004, 12:12 PM
:) Thats Great for you... I'm also Fourteen but My friends would leave me if I told them that I liked it... Yes They are my real friends!

Porygon
January 7th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Lol, most of my friends are online. My few offline friends would probably leave if they knew well, maybe not one of them, he'd more likely make fun of me for it. He's already calling me an int

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
January 7th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Eww backstreet people sing the Pokemon theme song. Eww I hate that song!