PDA

View Full Version : 4th Generation Speculation

Hiroshi Sotomura
October 31st, 2003, 11:45 PM
Here, post your thoughts, any found features, anything new, screenshots, etc. about the 4th Generation Pokmon Games, current ones known as Pokmon Fire Red and Leaf Green.

PokeMaster3000
November 1st, 2003, 12:12 AM
Looks like this thread will be a really jos place for me to get info for my site....
YEAH!!!!

Kairi
November 1st, 2003, 06:50 AM
I wouldn't exactly deem it "Fourth Generation". The RS metagame has yet to unfold, and its flaws and fixes have not fully revealed themselves. This is more like v.3b or something in my opinion.

Rift
November 1st, 2003, 04:34 PM
this is version 1: Advance! :D i really hope they made rock tunnel, Mt. Moon, and Victory Road smaller though!

PokeMaster3000
November 3rd, 2003, 02:09 AM
Yeah.... that will be much better....

jynx
November 3rd, 2003, 12:25 PM
Here, post your thoughts, any found features, anything new, screenshots, etc. about the 4th Generation Pokmon Games, current ones known as Pokmon Fire Red and Leaf Green.
The maincharacters and the games are new.
XDDDDDD

(Voice from somewhere: jynx..you are spamming again..)

Dizzy
November 6th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Im so Sure that they will have Rearranged Cities...

hydrobat
November 7th, 2003, 04:30 AM
Is the bicycle still gonna be used?
It would be cooler with a skateboard haha!

If only they could include new moves and more legendary poks ..

Fire Master
November 7th, 2003, 12:13 PM
i really really hope that they will put some contests things in. I think that you shoulb be able to Visit Jhoto and Houen.

Chaeran
November 7th, 2003, 12:13 PM
I sincerely hope we won't need to visit some sort of convention or promotion for Mew or whichever legendarys they introduce.

Hiroshi Sotomura
November 9th, 2003, 11:21 PM
Should this thread be called a 1.3 Generation Spectation? I can change it...

PokeMaster3000
November 10th, 2003, 02:52 AM
why'd you wanna do that for?

Hiroshi Sotomura
November 10th, 2003, 03:52 AM
Leave it as 4th Generation then?
Wireless Communication might be a very interesting feature... although it can't replace Mobile Communications which was quite limited to the Japanese anyway...

Kairi
November 10th, 2003, 07:40 AM
Wasn't that poorly executed though? I skimmed though the manuel that came with my Japanese Pokmon Crystal, and found it looked contrived and painful to get working,. A networkable GCN game though...

Hiroshi Sotomura
November 10th, 2003, 12:15 PM
Coukd you scan that bit of the manual Kairi?

Demotruk
November 13th, 2003, 03:56 AM
It's not fourth generation until a new Gameboy comes out(not an upgrade of an existing Gameboy though so SP doesn't count). This is still third generation in my opinion.

PokeMaster3000
November 13th, 2003, 06:42 AM
we're talking about.... the games? not the console? ahem... handheld?

Hiroshi Sotomura
November 13th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Here's the Japanese generation table:
Original Generation Pokmon Games: Red, Green.
1.1 Generation: Blue (changed graphics)
1.2 Generation: Yellow (starring Pikachu/Adds Game Boy Color support)
2nd Generation: Gold and Silver
2.1 Generation: Crystal (bigger Johto storyline - Suicune/Only for Game Boy Color)
3rd Generation: Ruby and Sapphire (released on the Game Boy Advance)
4th Generation/1.3 Generation: Fire Red and Leaf Green

Possibly this, but I'm not quite sure.

PokeMaster3000
November 13th, 2003, 10:56 PM
Seems possible enough to me...
FR LG is in a mixed position of 4th Generation and the [b]1.0[b] Generation... its actually Red and Green with a LOT improved graphics.

Chaeran
November 14th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Considering the new characters...I'm starting to think FR/LG takes place quite a while after RBY. I doubt the Elite Four and Champion will be the same. Maybe Kenta or Marina will be the Champion--or they could be like Red in GSC.

PokeMaster3000
November 14th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Actually I think there will be a new storyline other than the one from R/B/Y/G. Team Rocket will be back after the incident at Johto and you have to get them outta the region again. There are new characters and stuff... and thats what I think is gonna be in the game.

New league champs sounds great to me..

I also found out from a friend who said Johto and Hoenn will be there too with Kanto in FR LG and WB, but he says its all rumors.

Hiroshi Sotomura
November 15th, 2003, 02:31 AM
I doubt any bit of Hoenn will show. I reckon there will be mentions of it, though, like in Hoenn Bill was mentioned, Johto and Kanto water supplies have been shown, and people said they came from Johto or Kanto.

punkie90
November 15th, 2003, 06:36 AM
I Agree! I would ather have a longer more adventures game, then a game that u can just walk around all of the continents!

PokeMaster3000
November 15th, 2003, 07:49 AM
I'd want a game with all the regions.

But mostly, one with the Orange Islands would be great!!!

punkie90
November 15th, 2003, 08:02 AM
ya, but don't you also ant a good adnenture to it?

Chaeran
November 15th, 2003, 12:45 PM
I wish the Orange Islands would be in a game as well. Not only would it be somewhere new, but I might see where Lorelei lives! *-*

CyberRaichu
November 16th, 2003, 05:24 AM
I say they give all continents equal Importance Viva Johto Viva

PokeMaster3000
November 16th, 2003, 06:15 AM
I'd want Orange Islands of course with a storyline adventure!

Mightyena37
November 21st, 2003, 08:54 PM
2.1 Generation: Crystal (bigger Johto storyline - Suicune/Only for Game Boy Color)

I really think when talking about FR/LG that we're talking about a 3.1 generation game. If you're going to version everything, then it really has the most to do with the software side. The screenshots I've seen of FR/LG so far look a LOT like the same graphics we saw in Ru/Sa. And from the sounds of it, much of the other featuresets will be coming from the Ru/Sa codebase. But a LOT of all this is speculation right now... I'm getting my brother in Tokyo to send me a Japanese GBA and copies of FR/LG as a belated birthday and Christmas present so I can find out for sure though. (Thank goodness I know some Japanese and can look up what I don't know...)

As far as what the game will have... I strongly suspect that this game will occur in the same timeline as Ru/Sa, which means well after the original R/B/Y games. I think it will have a completely redone storyline, that the maps will be more detailed, we will have a lot more features in-line with the Ru/Sa games, and that we may very well have Johto and Kanto though NOT Hoenn. I believe the approach Nintendo/GameFreak will take with these games is to give us an "everything but Hoenn" side of the 3rd generation software. I don't truly believe this will be a "4th Generation" set of games. I also strongly feel that these games will have the original 250+ Pokemon from G/S/C, not just the first 150+ from R/B/Y. Only time and testing will tell though...

As for 4th generation... I think one of two things is going to have to happen. Either we get a whole new game with lots of great new features and Pokemon, or we get the Pokemon Ultimate, which will conglomerate Kanto, Johto and Hoenn into one huge game and have all 380+ Pokemon plus some more new ones scattered about. Given the way Nintendo and GameFreak works, and considering how the Japanese mindset works, I really think we're most likely to get a whole new deal this time around. But you never know, three's company and four's a crowd, so sometimes it's best to just make the three closer. It's also important to note that Pokemon has always been the impetus behind selling millions of GameBoy units worldwide, and it's the number one reason GameBoys are sold. If Nintendo plans to release yet another generation of newer handheld systems (I don't see how they could at this point...) then they will need a brave new Pokemon game with newer, better features to sell that unit.

Stylewise, Japan tends to be about 10 years behind the US, when they do copy Western culture... And about ten years ago here in the US, retro was the in-thing. FR/LG may just be the game world expression of retro, but I know it will be a much more grand game than the original R/B/Y games in any event. I'm looking forward to them, and when I get the Japanese versions I'll let folks know what it looks like and how it plays. =)

PokeMaster3000
November 21st, 2003, 09:32 PM
ehh... do you have to post a post that big?

I agree with you Might.

Kairi
November 21st, 2003, 09:46 PM

I agree with you Might.

Big posts that are filled with stuff like that are fun and interesting to read. He didn't have to use "...*insert random crack about twenty-five characters* either. >.>;

I think only 151 will be in FR and LG. Simply because Colosseum allows you to get quite a few GSC ones, it call comes together to complete your dex, and Nintendo's wallet. Remember they are a business out to make money.

PokeMaster3000
November 22nd, 2003, 07:08 AM
So thats why nintendo is so rich.... its got all this million games to cash in from!!!

Fearnix_Storm
November 24th, 2003, 04:20 PM
i agree with Kairi almost 100%.
i think that FR & LG (hopefully not changed to WB in Australia!) will only have the first gen pokemon, but maybe have a few extras from GSC in it such as the prevos and evos of old pokemon (Scizor, Umbreon, Espeon, Crobat, Pichu, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Bellossom, Politoed, Slowking, Steelix, Porygon2, Kingdra, Tyrogue, Hitmontop, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Blissey, perhaps even Miltank, Heracross, Marill line, Togepi line and a few others chucked in.)
I also think it would occur in the same time as Ru/Sa, years after the original Kanto story, so many cities and routes have changed slightly.
Team Rocket would definitely have to returned, and maybe the legendary birds will be harder to catch like the legendary dogs and the Lati's!

PokeMaster3000
November 24th, 2003, 11:55 PM
Ahh..... a new storyline...... better than the last time......

Hiroshi Sotomura
November 25th, 2003, 02:11 AM
Breeding and taming might be a likely feature, I must add.

PokeMaster3000
November 25th, 2003, 09:48 PM
that of course will be a feature, since it was also in the other games...

I wonder if the old daycare at the route near cerulean city will still be the daycare center or that house like in GSC...

Lucifer
November 27th, 2003, 09:01 AM

Yeah, why do people have to be so darn inconsiderate eh? Why couldn't he sum up that intelligent, interesting post in a boring, two-lined "omg"-athon. The rudeness of it all.

The inclusion of the Orange Islands has to be the stupidest idea ever. More than a few people already think that the cartoon is the basis for the games, and the release of Pokemon Yellow didn't exactly help that. Since when did Nintendo need to take ideas from television producers? If a new story is to be included, then they should get their own scriptwriters to come up with something original, instead of (IMO) including the most boring part of the cartoon series so far. Thank God it'll never happen's all I'll say.

The games and cartoons should be kept totally seperate, except for the cartoon using ideas and scenes from the games that is.

CyberRaichu
November 27th, 2003, 11:52 PM
NO WAY the only weak series was Johto champions I fell asleep with all the useless fillers

Lucifer
November 28th, 2003, 01:48 AM
The entire Orange Island series was a filler.

"Ooh look a pink Ryhorn. How much further away from the Pokemon games dare we stray?"

[/Off topic banter]

PokeMaster3000
November 28th, 2003, 11:58 PM
You guys crazy? The Orange Islands were my favorite!!! It had really cool Pokemon and rare ones as well. If you guys don't know but I'd want to be a Pokemon Watcher than a trainer or anything else.

ChaoX
December 5th, 2003, 04:08 AM
Having the Orange Islands in the game would be pretty cool. Instead of having regular gym battles you could have challlenges like they did on the show like when there was the race against Blastoise and Lapras. The faster your pokemons speed stat, the faster it will go. I hope you stikk get to play as Ash though.

PokeMaster3000
December 5th, 2003, 04:55 AM
Nintendo dudes really left our OI from the games.... I really wish OI will be in FR and LG....

PokeReaper
December 7th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Maybe this time, with Fire Red & Leaf Green, they will actually do the right thing by adding the ability to LEGITIMATELY catch Mew since almost EVERY SINGLE POKeMON FAN ENDS UP "SHARKING" HIM ANYWAY.
Those Gameshark codes for the GBA are EXTREMELY advanced (no pun intended) compared to the original Game Boys, but codes shall be hacked !
Hey Pokemon Creators !-- Read this:

"No matter how hard you try to create something that you can keep exclusive, such as trying to force people to drive about 250 miles to get "the REAL Mew", we will STILL find a way around every single roadblock that you set in front of us.
The young people of today are impowered by technology, & NOT ruled by it.
THEY weild the power just as well as YOU, & therefore you would be better-off just surrendering to their will because THEY are OUR bosses, so for them I have spoken."

Thank you.
--- PokeReaper
(a.k.a. Brian H. Davidson)
[Real Name: Daniel B.A. Collett]

PokeReaper
December 7th, 2003, 10:54 PM

Possibly this, but I'm not quite sure.

Look at it this way:
Pokemon Fire Red & POkemon Leaf Green ARE NOT "remade" versions of Red & Green !-- They are "REVAMPED" versions of Red & Green !

Remade: 1. A complete reproduction of an original peice of work.
Revamped: An improved reproduction of an original. e.i. adding new features to, or expanding the capabilities of an original peice of work.

Fire Red & Leaf Green are 4th generation because they contain pokemon not found in the original Red & Green (Red, Blue, Yellow in U.S.A.), you can now choose your gender, & you will probably be able to breed pokemon as well.
All of these features were in the previous games, but would be considered new to the Red & Green series, which would make FIRE Red & LEAF Green "REVAMPED" versions, & therefore an entirely new generation.

Thank you for reading this from begining to end before judging my opinion.

--- PokeReaper

PokeReaper
December 7th, 2003, 11:01 PM
ACTUALLY . . .
Since it is only compatible with the 3rd generation it should be officially dubbed 3rd generation it's self.-- Or as far as that other dude's little generation table is concerned [PokeReaper says in a nerdy voice]"Version 3.1"
lol
J/K dude.

Thank you.

--- PokeReaper

PokeMaster3000
December 9th, 2003, 06:54 AM
... i can't believe it... you triple posted...

who cares...

Dude, I really do not agree 0.1% with what u said...

Hiroshi Sotomura
December 9th, 2003, 12:25 PM
PokeReaper, please don't triple post.

I'd classify it as 4th Generation anyway, because it isn't quite a game based on Ruby and Sapphire.

PokeMaster3000
December 10th, 2003, 06:20 AM
that seems like a good reason...

PokeReaper.....

Hiroshi Sotomura
December 11th, 2003, 12:28 AM
Clarifiying this, the game isn't held in the world of Ruby and Sapphire, so it can't possibly be counted in their generation. But this is the first remake, so I don't know how it would have to go.

Rayquaza
December 11th, 2003, 01:32 AM
isa there any new screenshots lately or still those from months ago..??

PokeMaster3000
December 11th, 2003, 02:55 AM
no... don't think so..........

PokeReaper
December 13th, 2003, 08:27 PM
I'm sorry about triple posting.
I hadn't read the rules yet.
I've read them now, & it won't happen again.

As for what that other guy said about not agreeing "0.1% with what [I] said" . . .
Well, that really ticked me off, but that is your right.

As for it not taking place in the same land as Ruby & Sapphire . . .
Like I said, I consider it a new generation if it takes place in a different place, but even though it takes place in Kanto, maybe even Kanto & Johto, it still include features & charcters/pokemon that were not included in R/B/Y & G/S/C.
So it is more like hybrid which would cause me to cosider it as a new generation because of that simple fact has set it apart, in my opinion, from ANY of the other games.

Seeing as this subject has already been dropped though, I guess it doesn't really matter what I think.

Thank you

--- PokeReaper

PokeMaster3000
December 14th, 2003, 04:52 AM
anyways, sorry bout the tickin... but what u said was really unlikely to be true... but who knows it might be ur way!

PokeReaper
December 14th, 2003, 06:13 PM
anyways, sorry bout the tickin... but what u said was really unlikely to be true... but who knows it might be ur way!
Thank you.
That shows alot of class to be able to say something like that.
I appreciate it.

--- PokeReaper.

PokeReaper2
December 14th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Is the game just going to take place in Kanto, or are they going to include Johto as well ?

Me & my big brother would love to collect 16 badges instead of just 8.

If anybody knows would you please let me & PokeReaper know ?

thanx.

Hiroshi Sotomura
December 15th, 2003, 11:17 PM
You should be notified (I'll probably try and find some information) about Johto's Existance in Fire Red and Leaf Green when available.

PokeMaster3000
December 15th, 2003, 11:42 PM
nobody knows about Johto now.....

Amoblaz
December 16th, 2003, 10:30 AM
Hey what do you think of the screenshots i posted on PPN

http://pokemonpalace.com/#newsitem1071395474,38729,

Kairi
December 16th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Youre one of Steves staff arent you? Dont see you around too often. ^_^;

You can see the back sprite of the female in one of them.

Ultimathunder
December 16th, 2003, 03:00 PM
Hi I'm new here first time here and also first ever message...phew
I kinda know a bit about FR & LG, what I think is that they're just bringing those back just so that the old pokemon and be more compatible with the new games and just to make it up to date (I mean no one's gonna play black/white pokemon much anymore) but also they wouldn't stick johto into it cause that would be left for Gold and Silver...the title is the remake of red and green so they wouldn't stick in gold and silver otherwise the title would be different...

Sorry if people already said this stuff I haven't actually read most of the posts I'm still figuring stuff out here...

PokeMaster3000
December 20th, 2003, 02:29 AM
? can u explain the whole thing for me?
i kinda got confused.... johto, names.... @_@

Hiroshi Sotomura
December 24th, 2003, 01:23 AM
One of the most obvious features is that this game will have all 386 Pokmon tradable (from Colosseum, this and Ruby and Sapphire) so you would be able to get your favourites early. What are your thoughts about these features? Will you teach your RS moves to FL (Pokmon Trading with items) and then have something like a Bulbasaur with Solarrbeam early?

Charmander2003
December 24th, 2003, 10:51 PM
If u guys want to know the beging story u can find it on http://www.mewthree.tk

PokeMaster3000
December 26th, 2003, 08:13 AM
why'd u do that? i'd like to know the begining story... like in R/S- hero moves to Hoenn... blah blah..

DragonTrainer
December 26th, 2003, 05:56 PM
Uh, I have a question, and sorry if this has been asked but:Will Scizor and Steelix be available after you trade Onix and Scyther to R/S?Because think, Metal Coats are available, and you have the 2 pokemon, so why wouldn't it work?

Again, sorry if this has been asked....

Arore
December 27th, 2003, 06:55 AM
Uh, I have a question, and sorry if this has been asked but:Will Scizor and Steelix be available after you trade Onix and Scyther to R/S?Because think, Metal Coats are available, and you have the 2 pokemon, so why wouldn't it work?

Again, sorry if this has been asked....

I'm pretty sure that it is possible, for you can trade through any other cartidge. I don't see why it wouldn't be...so, there's hope! :D

DragonTrainer
December 27th, 2003, 10:51 AM
Yeah, I had given it lots of thought.Here's to hoping!

Hiroshi Sotomura
December 27th, 2003, 11:52 PM
why'd u do that? i'd like to know the begining story... like in R/S- hero moves to Hoenn... blah blah..
I edited it because it was inadequately posted. Of course, it's restored now. The post is markable as SPAM. I saw no Fire Red and Leaf Green info though...

PokeMaster3000
December 30th, 2003, 05:14 AM
I edited it because it was inadequately posted. Of course, it's restored now. The post is markable as SPAM. I saw no Fire Red and Leaf Green info though...
and I saw no page... it didn't work... Mewthree, as in Mewthree Inc. ? Thats a Rom hacking center and they make up stories, no point going there.

btw... how come u've got Tomoyo in ur avatar? You should have put Eriol or Sayoran... off topic... but....

sorry.

DeadlyAssassin
January 4th, 2004, 01:36 AM
Is the game just going to take place in Kanto, or are they going to include Johto as well ?

Me & my big brother would love to collect 16 badges instead of just 8.

If anybody knows would you please let me & PokeReaper know ?

thanx.
I would highly doubt Johto. Remember this is a remake of R/B not G/S. Although remaking G/S would be significantly better (because you would be able to catch pokemon found in G/S and R/B).
As for Johto it remains unknown. A remake is doubtful which makes me kinda sad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyAssassin
Spring 2004?! I thought that was the U.S. release date!
4,800 Yen?! That's crazy! $48 is like 2x more expensive than usual Pokemon releases.
Actually it would be right around $39 US (current exchange rates) but then again be charged for most likely less (possibly around Ruby and Sapphire's original price).

Anyway, please, POST your information inside "4th Generation Speculation". You can get people's ratings, comments and attention there. Or you can advertise your site in the Webmasters Discussion. You could get good attraction there.

Quote:
Webmasters Discussion
Webmasters, tell the world about your website here, and get feedback on your website. Talk about graphics, layouts, web hosting, etc.

frostweaver, I spent time finding the information in this thread: Fire Red and Leaf Green Confirmed News.

Its 106 Yen per dollar (down from 121 Yen two years ago.. Curse you Bush!!!)
So a direct conversioun would be $44 :dead:

I also heard the U.S. was not going to have Leaf Green (Green was never released in the U.S. remember?). I believe it was going to be called Water Blue =P. I lost the web addy so that kinda stinks.
I remember seeing a Blastoise (of course) and the title thing having a water droplet as opposed to a leaf for leaf green

Zita
January 4th, 2004, 10:38 AM
A Game with TOI would be good.

ashly138
January 5th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Hire is good news the makers of the 2 games set a realdate for the games on 29-01-2004. :D

Hire new pic's
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/bprj/3biki/g_2.gif http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/bprj/3biki/g_3.gif
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/bprj/support/g_1_2.gif http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/bprj/support/g_3_1.gif
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/bprj/support/g_3_2.gif

AZSupraT
January 5th, 2004, 04:23 PM
http://victory-road.net/index.php?id=frmap The Kanto Map from Fire Red/Leaf Green
http://victory-road.net/index.php?id=clips A video clip of Fire Red/Leaf Green can be found on that page(at the bottom)
http://victory-road.net/frrival.png

Pretty sure im the first to have those, since I took the screen shot myself!(from the video)

icer
January 6th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Looks like there will be new pics of (at least some of) the Pokemon instead of the same old R/S pics :) (Rattata, Caterpie etc...)

but in one of the older screenshots of the start battle between Bulbasaur and Charmander, they seemed to be using the R/S graphics...

DeadlyAssassin
January 6th, 2004, 02:56 PM
:drool: THAT IS SWEET!!!! :D

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 6th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Anyway, DeadlyAssassin, Fire Red and Leaf Green will be charged a lot more than before, because it is bundled with the Wireless Adaptor.

MasterLegendTrainer700
January 6th, 2004, 07:04 PM
When are they being released in the u.s.

AZSupraT
January 7th, 2004, 02:29 PM
No one knows yet when the US date will be

DeadlyAssassin
January 7th, 2004, 03:26 PM
I think its somewhere between may and march.
The japanese versions are being released in 22 days. ^_^

MasterLegendTrainer700
January 8th, 2004, 10:30 PM
post the date for me if u find out please

AZSupraT
January 8th, 2004, 10:53 PM
post the date for me if u find out please
The date is January 29, 2004

EDIT: Wait, I think you meant the English release didnt you?

DeadlyAssassin
January 9th, 2004, 02:42 PM
That's the japanese release... the US release is sometime in march or may

PokeMaster3000
January 10th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Jap release coming up, can't wait!!!

*bounces*

DeadlyAssassin
January 10th, 2004, 08:39 AM
lol looks like we need translators =P
ANyhoo in the Pokemon Palace they just said that there will be two MYSTERY ISLANDS to explore in the region, and not just Kanto.. hm..

Shinin
January 10th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Johto isn't in it...
On Serebii.net, there's a pic of the map, and there's no route leading to Johto...
But the wireless room is gonna be so cool!

Pokemon Orange Version & Pokemon Pink Version (taking place in the Orange Islands) would be AWESOME! Surf would have to be the first HM unless bridges connect the isle. That would be awesome!

Do u think they'll make Pokemon Yellow, Gold, Silver & Crystal on GBA?

And the islands will probably be like Southern Island.

Serebii
January 10th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Anyway, DeadlyAssassin, Fire Red and Leaf Green will be charged a lot more than before, because it is bundled with the Wireless Adaptor.

Actually no

In japan they are selling it for the exact same price as normal games and I have no doubt that that will occur in the US

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 10th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Then I am confused on that topic.

Then again, wait until the US Gaming sites kick up with information. That's better than doing this.

Ice demon
January 11th, 2004, 09:14 AM
What about HM dive.....would that be avalible.I wonder if the legendaries birds would be moving[like latios/latias]or in there old position.Mewtwo i would expect would be obtainable after beating the elite 4.

DeadlyAssassin
January 11th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Serebii, then the people are getting more bang for the buck ^_^. I like!
Anyway I really don't watch the Anime a lot. But the Orange Islands was prob. the most weirdest anime season in Pokemon. I didn't like it. The gym battles were like how you and your Pokemon bond not how powerful a pokemon is =P

Kairi
January 11th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Actually no

In japan they are selling it for the exact same price as normal games and I have no doubt that that will occur in the USYeah, theyll probably get everybody on that. =\ Are they selling it separately in Japan as well?

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 11th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Most likely the Wireless Adaptor will be sold seperately as well as bundled. But I doubt the prices will be going down quickly.

PokeMaster3000
January 12th, 2004, 03:53 AM
The Wireless Adaptor will be bundled with FR and LG just to promote its use. Soon after that FR and LG will be in their own boxes without the Adaptor. The Adaptor then will be sold as a seperate item.

Hey all! I'm back! Whats been happening here since?

ashly138
January 12th, 2004, 06:53 AM
visit our IRC channel:

Moderator Edit: The only channel to be advertised is the community's associated one, #free_pokemon. Please refrain from advertising other channels.

The following FAQ only contains the main information, how to use mIRC correctly and enter the official advance-power IRC channel. Visit the official homepage to get more information (www.mirc.com (http://www.mirc.com)).

Contents:

Getting started
Prepare to chat
Imprint

1. What is mIRC?
- mIRC is a client for IRC (Internet Relay Chat)

2. What is mIRC/IRC used for?
- mIRC/IRC is just like a chat program with the speciality, that you can also send and recieve files from others and you will see some more features...

3. A little bit of history?
- IRC was developped in 1988. And the work of the client mIRC is still in progress, so visit the official website for updates.

I. How to install/configure

1. Where do I get the program?
- First you have to download the program from the official homepage (http://www.mirc.com/get.html).

2. What's next?
- Now, you have to install it. Choose your drive and the corrct directions... and wait untill the installation has finished, then go to your install direction, normally it should be C:/mirc and open "mirc.exe"

3. Okay, wow it's mIRC and what's next?
- Go to "File"-->"Options..." or simply use the shortcut "ALT+O".

4. The configuaration.
- To enter the Pokemon fire/leaf channel, you have to take one of the "EFnet" Servers, like "EFnet: CA, QB, Montreal" or "EFnet: US, VA, Ashburn". Before clicking on "Connect to IRC Server", you have to input your Full Name (can also be a fantasy name), your E-Mail address, your nickname and your alternatively nickname. Now you have to "Connect to IRC Server" .

5. What the h***, why is my nick changing after 1 minute into Guest******
- If this happens, your nick is already registered by someone else. You have to change your nick...

6. Joining
- Okay. Now you have to input in the chat bottom: /join #Fire/Leaf

Supergodzilla
January 13th, 2004, 06:57 PM
i think mewtwo will be very hard to capture for some reason. i look forward to it

PokeMaster3000
January 14th, 2004, 07:15 AM
you think so? yeah, mewtwo should be tougher, because now he knows all the new R/S attacks as well, I think.

And ashly138, don't go around everywhere posting that please. Its bad... for your health and this threads off-topic record.

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 14th, 2004, 01:10 PM
I had to edit his post. You aren't allowed to post IRC channels on the community, Steve said.

Strider
January 16th, 2004, 05:58 AM
The official Japanese Pokemon website has put up pics of the new islands. I've put them up on my scrrenshot page:

http://kyogre.pgamers.com/rgb/screen.htm

Alternatively, you can go to the official site if you know Japanese: www.pokemon.co.jp

January 16th, 2004, 09:04 AM
The official Japanese Pokemon website has put up pics of the new islands. I've put them up on my scrrenshot page:

http://kyogre.pgamers.com/rgb/screen.htm

Alternatively, you can go to the official site if you know Japanese: www.pokemon.co.jp

The islands look good so far, wondering what the islands gonna be named though. :confused:

AZSupraT
January 16th, 2004, 12:11 PM
I thought they were just gonna be called Mystery Island #1,Mystery Island #2(or somthing simple like that according to serebii, but they will probabally have names)

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 16th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Sorry Strider, I've taken into time examining the information there already, and now it's in Fire Red and Leaf Green Confirmed News.
Just don't clutter the forum. I'll merge this with the 4th Generation Speculation.

PokeMaster3000
January 17th, 2004, 08:29 AM
merge what with the 4th generation specs? huh? whats going on? what mystery islands *looks at screens* oh those....

whats happening here?

Arcanine
January 17th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Well I dont know if any one posted some new pics of Fire Red/Leaf Green but here is a few new ones.

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 17th, 2004, 02:27 PM
I had already posted them in FRLG confirmed news.
Oh dear... enough using that topic. I'm closing it.

With that topic closed, here is all the information I posted there.

A few discovered features: (information typed by me and put onto pmtn v6, my website)
- Text has been made more easier to read, and a bit more larger.
- There is a Tutorial Mode (Help Function), activated by tthe L button when on the main map.
- You have an older brother who teaches you things about the game (Help Function).
- When you enter an area, like a cave or forest, the area "shows up in you", or you see the scenery of the area (the first-person point-of-view) for a few seconds.
- A new helpful version of the PokDex is obtainable along the way. This PokDex records more than just the Pokmon, this time it displays items obtainable in areas, the number of a Pokmon you've caught, and more.

There's a new mode called Help Function. To load it simply press the L button while on the map and you'll get into this mode. There, you can choose a function:

http://users.tpg.com.au/lafamily/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf03_01.gif
Then after selecting it, your big brother will assist you in the choice you selected,

http://users.tpg.com.au/lafamily/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf03_02.gif

or a demonstration of what you need to do will show up.

http://users.tpg.com.au/lafamily/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf03_03.gif http://users.tpg.com.au/lafamily/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf03_04.gif

Some pictures/screenshots:
http://users.tpg.com.au/lafamily/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf03_05.jpg
Pictured: Professor Oak and your new rival (source: pokemon.co.jp)
http://users.tpg.com.au/lafamily/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf03_06.gif
Pictured: The new PokDex (source: pokemon.co.jp)
http://users.tpg.com.au/lafamily/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf03_07.gif
Pictured: Viridian Forest Scenery (source: pokemon.co.jp)

Wireless Function

Pokmon Fire Red and Leaf Green introduce a new function, that has capabilities established with the Game Boy Advance Wireless Link. In fact, Fire Red and Leaf Green is expanding with them. Here's to name a few.

Remember this article anyone?

Game Boy Advance Users May Go Wireless
Nintendo unveils wireless device that allows users to play each other without cables.
September 26, 2003: 7:07 AM EDT MAKUHARI, Japan (Reuters) - Japanese video game company Nintendo Co. Ltd said Friday it plans early next year to offer a device that allows GameBoy Advance users to play games together without the use of cables.
The device will be included free of charge with the purchase of one of two "Pokemon" games, due to be released early next year, for Nintendo's hand-held game machine.
"We've had a lot of discussions about how to extend the networking capabilities for games such as 'Pokemon', to enhance head-to-head battles, exchange of information and communication with others," said Nintendo President Satoru Iwata in a speech on the opening day of the Tokyo Game Show.
The wireless module will be bundled with Nintendo's "Pokemon Fire Red" and "Pokemon Leaf Green" titles for GameBoy Advance that will go on sale in Japan early next year. The games will sell for 4,800, or $43.
Nintendo said it planned to roll out other titles for the GameBoy Advance compatible with the device in the future.
Motorola Inc (MOT :Research ,Estimates ). designed the chip that powers the device's wireless functions.
"It was designed primarily with the gaming experience in mind," Bridgette Cosentino, director of wireless connectivity at Motorola's semiconductor products group, told Reuters. She said the chip was customized to maximize battery life.
Iwata said the technology was similar to Bluetooth, which allows devices to communicate with each other without a physical wire connection. The wireless network extends for "several meters," Iwata said.
The most recent "Pokemon" title for GameBoy Advance sold over 10 million titles worldwide, Nintendo said.
Shares in Nintendo ended up 2.33 percent at 9,670 compared to a 0.08 percent rise in the Nikkei 225 average.
Source: CNN Money

Nintendo has made a lot out of these wireless features. Here's a sneak preview at some:

http://pmtn.aqua-network.com/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf02_01.gif
You will be able to navigate in a new room upstairs in a Pokmon Center, the Wireless Room. You will see people, some of who represent the people nearby who also have a Game Boy Advance, Fire Red and Leaf Green, and a Wireless Link.

http://pmtn.aqua-network.com/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf02_02.gif
Talking to a person who represents the person nearby you will bring up some options. You can choose to battle them or go into conversation with them. Trade will possibly be implemented.

The people will respond to you with their chosen greeting.

http://pmtn.aqua-network.com/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf02_03.gif
You can also chat with the people around you. Send some messages to them, since it's as simple as your home AIM/MSN/Yahoo!/IRC chat. Although it has a mini-keyboard selectable with the control pad. Select is used to switch the characters, in this case the current selection is Hirigana characters. So just press Select to switch to Katakana, or English characters. In our case there will be capital letters, lowercase letters, and numeral characters to chat with.

Pokmon Fire Red and Leaf Green are staged in the Kanto region. But the adventure continues - there are several islands far from Kanto, it seems. Continuing your adventure, you will soon set foot there. At the new islands. As for name of the islands you ask? How many new islands are there? With them hiding something? With some new Pokmon who have lived there? The secret which spreads to the world of Pokmon, waits for you!

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/images/fireleaf04_01.gif http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/images/fireleaf04_02.gif
Some world waiting? Expectation increases.

There is a mini-game where Pokmon participate. As for the mini-game there are 2 types, each of them being a simple and pleasant game. Using the radio communication of the wireless adapter which bundled with Pokmon Fire Red and Leaf Green, you can play with 2-5 people in those mini-games.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/images/fireleaf04_03.gif
With Pokmon "Rope Jump" is a rope game that you play and jump with everyone. When timing of jump of everyone is done correctly, you can gain a high score. It is important to time your jumps right.
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/images/fireleaf04_04.gif
This game's objective is to catch a large quantity of fruit with the three heads of Dodrio.

That's all, but watch this thread!

PokeMaster3000
January 18th, 2004, 07:56 AM
EDIT: Mr.Winstrate!!!! I didn't know you knew Japanese! What you wrote in that part of your post about the Secret Islands... well thats exactly the same thing written on the official Pokemon Japan Website!!! Wow... thats cool... really cool!
Oh by the way, I don't know Japanese, I just used the BabelFish Translations, heh!

i'm-a-watchin'!

wow... thats really a lot of info... you should think about taking over my website!

Arcanine
January 18th, 2004, 11:26 AM
EDIT: Mr.Winstrate!!!! I didn't know you knew Japanese! What you wrote in that part of your post about the Secret Islands... well thats exactly the same thing written on the official Pokemon Japan Website!!! Wow... thats cool... really cool!
Oh by the way, I don't know Japanese, I just used the BabelFish Translations, heh!

i'm-a-watchin'!

wow... thats really a lot of info... you should think about taking over my website!
Making a side PC website for is not such a bad idea. I mean all that info and pics in one place. This thread is 5 pages long and there is other threads about it and all over the place.

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 18th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Nearly the exact same thing from the Japanese Pokmon website. Really it's more like get what I know, translate what I know, substitute those, get them approved, a few times I got help from my Japanese teacher.

I know the word ポケモん off by heart, because it's that popular word we all know: Pokmon (anyone who has a Japanese Font pack can see this).

PokeMaster3000
January 19th, 2004, 03:03 AM
i know that 1 as well.... but i just see it in a few websites.

this is a new pic. really rare, I haven't even put it up in my site yet. Its of Brock in the Trainer's Eye or something like that.

and the other 1 is of brock battling the female trainer.

DeadlyAssassin
January 19th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Hmm... is that lavender town or fuschia city?

PokeMaster3000
January 22nd, 2004, 02:19 AM
Lavender for Fuchsia what?

Brock's the gym-leader of Pewter...

DeadlyAssassin
January 24th, 2004, 08:40 PM
4 days left!!! :tired: man I can't wait!

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 24th, 2004, 09:07 PM
I added the event on the PC calender also ^^"
It's something worth waiting for. Are you getting it on ROM?

DeadlyAssassin
January 24th, 2004, 10:15 PM
well i'm gonna find a ROM image because I can't read japanese ad my money would be wasted on something I can't read. I'll buy the english version when it comes out

Vertek
January 25th, 2004, 12:21 AM
ROM image ok wat is it n if its good where can I get it LoL

PokeMaster3000
January 26th, 2004, 06:14 AM
I'm getting ROM for both versions.... my GBA broke to peices.... ;_;

DeadlyAssassin
January 27th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Rom Image For Fire Red!!! Hooly Crap!! Immm Sooo Excited!!!

Man this thing is awesome!
Newly remixed music, its nearly exactly like Red/Blue/Green so if you've played those, you'll know what to do (Yes even getting Prof. Oak's mail at Viridian!)
There's also a portable TV which replaces the radio... I miss the radio

codes
January 27th, 2004, 05:55 PM
When do i get the rom and where

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 27th, 2004, 09:23 PM
DeadlyAssassin: The Portable TV: On it someone (I think it's the character's brother) shows help, it isn't like the radio at all.
codes: ROMs and Patches Discussion please.

This thread hasn't any use anymore. Closed!

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 28th, 2004, 02:52 AM
Ok... a new use for this thread:
All users are to use this thread for advertising their really good sites with FRLG content.

jynx
January 28th, 2004, 03:02 AM
Nearly the exact same thing from the Japanese Pokmon website. Really it's more like get what I know, translate what I know, substitute those, get them approved, a few times I got help from my Japanese teacher.

I know the word ポケモん off by heart, because it's that popular word we all know: Pokmon (anyone who has a Japanese Font pack can see this).
Its ポケモン by the way.

There number of new islands are 2. Yes, only two of them.
New stuffs are you can get water pulse.

PokeMaster3000
January 28th, 2004, 05:53 AM
MY SITE!!! MY SITE!!!! ITS GOOD!!! Or... I think it is...

www.pokemon-fire-red-leaf-green-info.cjb.net (http://www.pokemon-fire-red-leaf-green-info.cjb.net) C'mon, go there!!! Pweese?

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 28th, 2004, 11:49 AM
I meant to say ポケモン but my Japanese text engine was a bit loosened.

Claire
January 28th, 2004, 12:14 PM
We've completed the first section of our Fire/Leaf Walkthru (Up to and including the First Gym)
It includes maps, screenshots, locations, everything!
http://www.dadragonz.com/index.php?df=fireleaf

Should be adding the second part soon! As well as codes!

- Merged
Threads that have to do with Fire Red and Leaf Green and are related to sites with helpful FRLG content go into 4th Generation Speculation.

Claire
January 28th, 2004, 12:19 PM
We've completed the first section of our Fire/Leaf Walkthru (Up to and including the First Gym)
It includes maps, screenshots, locations, everything!
http://www.dadragonz.com/index.php?df=fireleaf

Should be adding the second part soon! As well as codes!

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 28th, 2004, 12:27 PM
DF dadragons, you didn't need to post it again here when I was going to merge it ^^"
I won't delete any posts though.

codes
January 28th, 2004, 06:01 PM
I Know This NEW USE IS FOR ADVERTISING ,but I Think I Found Something New In Key Items I Don't Know Where I Got It Theres A Blue And White Item When You Use It A Character Shakes In The Screen You're In Talk To Him/her And You Will Rebattle I JUST HAD TO TELL SOMEONE

Claire
February 4th, 2004, 02:15 AM
I've completed an in-depth walkthru complete up until Rainbow Island 2!
http://dadragonz.com/fl/mpuzz.jpg

http://dadragonz.com/fl/index.php?df=walk

Hiroshi Sotomura
February 4th, 2004, 03:24 AM
Some more news:
- Unown are catchable in this game!
I was going down Rainbow Island 7 and saw it. A cave that had a rock maze. The islands below this route hold islands, with a ruin in each. If you complete the puzzle in the route with the cave and a puzzle, you release Unown into all these ruins.

I'll show screenshots soon.

PokeMaster3000
February 5th, 2004, 07:42 AM
WOW! looks like u get GSC legendaries and pokemon all over the Rainbow isles.....

Hey is it the Rainbow Islands or is it the Orange Islands?

Hiroshi Sotomura
February 5th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Rainbow is a direct translation, but wait for Pokmon USA Inc. and Nintendo to decide.

PokeMaster3000
February 6th, 2004, 01:33 AM
I hope its the Orange Islands.... thats gonna be great......

codes
February 14th, 2004, 01:40 PM
I had already posted them in FRLG confirmed news.
Oh dear... enough using that topic. I'm closing it.

With that topic closed, here is all the information I posted there.

A few discovered features: (information typed by me and put onto pmtn v6, my website)
- Text has been made more easier to read, and a bit more larger.
- There is a Tutorial Mode (Help Function), activated by tthe L button when on the main map.
- You have an older brother who teaches you things about the game (Help Function).
- When you enter an area, like a cave or forest, the area "shows up in you", or you see the scenery of the area (the first-person point-of-view) for a few seconds.
- A new helpful version of the PokDex is obtainable along the way. This PokDex records more than just the Pokmon, this time it displays items obtainable in areas, the number of a Pokmon you've caught, and more.

There's a new mode called Help Function. To load it simply press the L button while on the map and you'll get into this mode. There, you can choose a function:

http://users.tpg.com.au/lafamily/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf03_01.gif
Then after selecting it, your big brother will assist you in the choice you selected,

http://users.tpg.com.au/lafamily/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf03_02.gif

or a demonstration of what you need to do will show up.

http://users.tpg.com.au/lafamily/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf03_03.gif http://users.tpg.com.au/lafamily/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf03_04.gif

Some pictures/screenshots:
http://users.tpg.com.au/lafamily/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf03_05.jpg
Pictured: Professor Oak and your new rival (source: pokemon.co.jp)
http://users.tpg.com.au/lafamily/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf03_06.gif
Pictured: The new PokDex (source: pokemon.co.jp)
http://users.tpg.com.au/lafamily/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf03_07.gif
Pictured: Viridian Forest Scenery (source: pokemon.co.jp)

Wireless Function

Pokmon Fire Red and Leaf Green introduce a new function, that has capabilities established with the Game Boy Advance Wireless Link. In fact, Fire Red and Leaf Green is expanding with them. Here's to name a few.

Remember this article anyone?

Game Boy Advance Users May Go Wireless
Nintendo unveils wireless device that allows users to play each other without cables.
September 26, 2003: 7:07 AM EDT MAKUHARI, Japan (Reuters) - Japanese video game company Nintendo Co. Ltd said Friday it plans early next year to offer a device that allows GameBoy Advance users to play games together without the use of cables.
The device will be included free of charge with the purchase of one of two "Pokemon" games, due to be released early next year, for Nintendo's hand-held game machine.
"We've had a lot of discussions about how to extend the networking capabilities for games such as 'Pokemon', to enhance head-to-head battles, exchange of information and communication with others," said Nintendo President Satoru Iwata in a speech on the opening day of the Tokyo Game Show.
The wireless module will be bundled with Nintendo's "Pokemon Fire Red" and "Pokemon Leaf Green" titles for GameBoy Advance that will go on sale in Japan early next year. The games will sell for 4,800, or $43.
Nintendo said it planned to roll out other titles for the GameBoy Advance compatible with the device in the future.
Motorola Inc (MOT :Research ,Estimates ). designed the chip that powers the device's wireless functions.
"It was designed primarily with the gaming experience in mind," Bridgette Cosentino, director of wireless connectivity at Motorola's semiconductor products group, told Reuters. She said the chip was customized to maximize battery life.
Iwata said the technology was similar to Bluetooth, which allows devices to communicate with each other without a physical wire connection. The wireless network extends for "several meters," Iwata said.
The most recent "Pokemon" title for GameBoy Advance sold over 10 million titles worldwide, Nintendo said.
Shares in Nintendo ended up 2.33 percent at 9,670 compared to a 0.08 percent rise in the Nikkei 225 average.
Source: CNN Money

Nintendo has made a lot out of these wireless features. Here's a sneak preview at some:

http://pmtn.aqua-network.com/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf02_01.gif
You will be able to navigate in a new room upstairs in a Pokmon Center, the Wireless Room. You will see people, some of who represent the people nearby who also have a Game Boy Advance, Fire Red and Leaf Green, and a Wireless Link.

http://pmtn.aqua-network.com/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf02_02.gif
Talking to a person who represents the person nearby you will bring up some options. You can choose to battle them or go into conversation with them. Trade will possibly be implemented.

The people will respond to you with their chosen greeting.

http://pmtn.aqua-network.com/pokemonfrlgimages/fireleaf02_03.gif
You can also chat with the people around you. Send some messages to them, since it's as simple as your home AIM/MSN/Yahoo!/IRC chat. Although it has a mini-keyboard selectable with the control pad. Select is used to switch the characters, in this case the current selection is Hirigana characters. So just press Select to switch to Katakana, or English characters. In our case there will be capital letters, lowercase letters, and numeral characters to chat with.

Pokmon Fire Red and Leaf Green are staged in the Kanto region. But the adventure continues - there are several islands far from Kanto, it seems. Continuing your adventure, you will soon set foot there. At the new islands. As for name of the islands you ask? How many new islands are there? With them hiding something? With some new Pokmon who have lived there? The secret which spreads to the world of Pokmon, waits for you!

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/images/fireleaf04_01.gif http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/images/fireleaf04_02.gif
Some world waiting? Expectation increases.

There is a mini-game where Pokmon participate. As for the mini-game there are 2 types, each of them being a simple and pleasant game. Using the radio communication of the wireless adapter which bundled with Pokmon Fire Red and Leaf Green, you can play with 2-5 people in those mini-games.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/images/fireleaf04_03.gif
With Pokmon "Rope Jump" is a rope game that you play and jump with everyone. When timing of jump of everyone is done correctly, you can gain a high score. It is important to time your jumps right.
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/images/fireleaf04_04.gif
This game's objective is to catch a large quantity of fruit with the three heads of Dodrio.

That's all, but watch this thread!
actually its not a demonstration of what you need to do its called old events and it shows you what you did before you saved

Jirachi the Wish Maker
February 29th, 2004, 06:42 PM
As far as I know, the game is identical to Red/Green/Blue (except graphics and minigames, etc.), until you beat the Elite Four. Then, you can trade with Ruby/Sapphire and explore the Rainbow Islands. That's just what I heard. I can't confirm it.

Hiroshi Sotomura
February 29th, 2004, 09:22 PM
codes - it's old information, fullstop. It was according to sources too, and before release. I didn't need to update them as the game was already released.

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 25th, 2004, 03:11 AM
This thread is quite cluttered, so I'm taking it down and placing a release dates thread.

Thread has been closed and unstickied.