PDA

View Full Version : New Gameboy?

SonicUmbreon
January 8th, 2004, 04:02 PM
I'm wondering if Nintendo is going to come out with a new Gameboy. Ive heard no speculation of a new one. The graphics are great for GBA but what graphics will the next GB harness? I'm gessing something 3-D. Something close to an N64. If they would, they have truly mastered the art of video game programming. ;)

Arcanine
January 8th, 2004, 04:08 PM
I have not heard anything about a new one but there most likely be one before the next Nintendo game system come out (I think at the end of this year or some time next year for the next Nintendo video game system).

punkie90
January 8th, 2004, 04:19 PM
It would be nice for a light wiegh one to come out! Not the sp...

The Overlord
January 8th, 2004, 09:53 PM
If you find anything more about it post cause im trying to get info to if i get some i will post for everyone.

Kyosuke
January 8th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Nintendo won't poberly come out with anything new for now at least, seeing how Gba is a great handheld already and is on top of the market, maybe when it gets some competitor's but for now most likely not.

decks2
January 8th, 2004, 11:46 PM
I've heard from this program called Gamezville that they are making GBA2 and it will be ages, I MEAN AGES till it wil be released. I don't know anything else about it.

Kairyu
January 9th, 2004, 12:11 AM
A new gameboy? No, its too soon to say anything really. Didn't nintendo just release the sleek GBA SP early/mid 2003? I wouldn't expect nintendo releasing anything on portable systems till maybe months after the PSP is out and competing well against the GBA.

latios tamer
January 9th, 2004, 09:01 AM
i heard the next one will have disks to go in it about the sise of gamecube disks

Shadow
January 9th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Rumors say that Nintendo is coming out a with a new system this year, but it's not portable. And also it is way to early to release a new Game Boy system.

Lucifer
January 9th, 2004, 09:53 AM
I wouldn't get too excited about the new system being revealed this year. It's rumoured to be a simple plug-in controller that you can play games on using your TV. Hardly a new console as such. Probably won't even see the light of day outside Japan.

The portable gaming market is set to become a warzone, just like the console one is now. It's ridiculous - and it's also all the PSP's fault. Seeing the GBA and PSP saddling alongside their respective consoles, Micro$oft will inevitibly design their own handheld. Quite possibly with rocket launching, FBI-hacking and sandwich-making capabilities.

The GBA is a fantastic machine. It has no real need for an upgrade anytime soon. Before Sony's greed in wanting to enter the handheld market, Nintendo were able to go at their own pace as far as power goes. Now they're being forced to up the anti somewhat, partly because many people are bound to a console by flashy visuals alone. "omg did u c psp is 3d must buy now lol"

Indeed, the videogame market is now officially a total joke.

Shadow
January 9th, 2004, 10:09 AM
ROFL I dispise X-Box and PS2 fanboys.....

When I heard about the new Nintendo system, I knew it wouldn't be something like a GameCube 2 or something. And besides, it is just a rumor.

The only new Gameboy thing that is coming out are games! There are a lot of games in development so no new GB system. Nintendo wouldn't suddenly make a new one and discard the GBA since it is doing so well (outselling all three next-gen systems, last I checked)

Omega-Brendan
January 21st, 2004, 02:18 AM
I hate to ask, but what is PSP??? Oh and by the way, I thought i heard that Nintendo is making you able to watch TV episodes on your GBA, so its like your ordinary DVD but its on your Gameboy, you can then put it on the Gameboy player and wala!

Kairyu
January 21st, 2004, 02:30 AM
I hate to ask, but what is PSP??? Oh and by the way, I thought i heard that Nintendo is making you able to watch TV episodes on your GBA, so its like your ordinary DVD but its on your Gameboy, you can then put it on the Gameboy player and wala!
Hmm last time I heard its full name it was dubbed the Playstation Portable.
Well I heard there are tv tuners for GBAs but watching dvds on it? I think the screen is a bit small for such an application.

Omega-Brendan
January 21st, 2004, 07:54 PM
NO I meant it's like a DVD comparison only its on a GBA cartridge

Hakudoushi-kun
January 21st, 2004, 08:20 PM
maybe wonderswan will get more popular, which'll make nintendo created a new system.

Yamichu
January 22nd, 2004, 01:12 PM
Oh crap!!!!!!!!!
I saw a thing on a pokemon site yesterday and now I've forgotten what site is was they where saying it was a new GB but they could have made it up!!!!!!
But it does sorta look like a Sony product and looks like it would take dics about the size of the GC dics but maybe a bit smaller but the screen is to TINYYYYYY and I don't like tiny screens!

~HORN!

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 22nd, 2004, 01:46 PM
According to PPN, it may well be a console that plays GameCube and Game Boy Advance games, from the slot at the bottom, and a disc compartment at the top. It has a GameCube's controller.

Arcanine
January 22nd, 2004, 07:00 PM
Well I just found something on Nintendo.com, but I dont think it is the next GB but something new. You can find it by clicking here (http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=f65f1ffc-be66-42f2-bbae-83d44a766931&page=other).

Hakudoushi-kun
January 22nd, 2004, 07:25 PM
omoshiroi!!! wow!! it's prolly gonna be awesome, but i keep imagining an SP screen split in half.

PM2008
January 22nd, 2004, 07:56 PM
The PSP isn't the new gameboy but it is the first Sony handheld you can go here to see the psp (http://www.playstationportable.com/) it looks really cool. :D Make sure to scroll down a little to see the front side.

GO TO THE LINK

Arcanine
January 22nd, 2004, 08:03 PM
Ok if you ask me the PSP looks like a GBA SP.
http://www.playstationportable.com/img/psp_1.jpg

Arwen
January 22nd, 2004, 08:30 PM
Sony should add Windows CE .net as a extra...

If Sony PSP has CE, then you can go on PC... Wouldn't that be nice?

Yamichu
January 22nd, 2004, 11:31 PM
Yeah, that would be nice Arwen but what wouldn't would be the price...
But anyway that's not the thing I saw! It sorta has the shape of a GBA but it's fatter down the bottom then a GBA and it has about a 3 and a half cm screen... I really wish I could show you guys...but I reckon it's something Sony hasn't released yet and a stupid person put it on thier website so lot's of people would go there... It was on kind of side veiw so you couldn't see the buttons...but if I find it I promise I will post it here!

~HORN!

Kyosuke
January 23rd, 2004, 02:15 PM
I guess they changed the model for the PSP, and wow it does look alot like the SP I just can't wait till it comes out and find out how it sells.

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 23rd, 2004, 02:29 PM
The design for the PSP looks flawed. It looks very un-ergonomic and hard to hold.

PM2008
January 23rd, 2004, 08:17 PM
[The picture Arcanine provided is not the real PSP go to my link on my previous post to see the real on and it does not look anything like a gameboy advance sp. :laugh:

Arcanine
January 23rd, 2004, 10:09 PM
[The picture Arcanine provided is not the real PSP go to my link on my previous post to see the real on and it does not look anything like a gameboy advance sp. :laugh: Well then the PSP looks like a GBA (not the SP).

Yamichu
January 23rd, 2004, 10:26 PM
It dosen't look that much like a GBA...the GBA's shape is slightly differrent...but anyway does anyone think they'll get the PSP? I don't know myself though...

~HORN!

Arcanine
January 23rd, 2004, 11:03 PM
Well what im saying is, like the GBA the screen is in the middle of the system and the shape is about the same.
http://www.playstationportable.com/img/concept/pspconcept_110403_small2.jpg

Yamichu
January 24th, 2004, 02:58 AM
Well what im saying is, like the GBA the screen is in the middle of the system and the shape is about the same.
http://www.playstationportable.com/img/concept/pspconcept_110403_small2.jpg

Yeah I agree with ya there...I reckon the PSP looks better then the GBA though, cause it has a bigger screen... I doubt I'll be getting it if it's more then $200 (Aus that is).

~HORN!

Kairyu
January 24th, 2004, 03:11 AM
I really hope that's not the final design for the control scheme for the PSP:P. I mean, how in the world will I be able to play action packed games with that kind of control pad??? It look a bit too flat if you ask me.

Yamichu
January 24th, 2004, 03:17 AM
Yeah, the buttons should be less flat but the shapes okay... It's probalbly the final design because I didn't think Sony ever showes the public other stuff.

~HORN!

Arcanine
January 24th, 2004, 08:04 AM
I dont think it is the final design of the Sony PSP. Most new systems and games gets out every year at the E3 conference before any where. Thats where thay will have there final design (if that one up there is not it).