PDA

View Full Version : Who here reads Tokyo Mew Mew?

Missingno Baby
January 9th, 2004, 08:38 PM
I do! It's so kawaii! Man, I'm only reading the first manga, it rox!!

Kayleigh
January 11th, 2004, 09:50 AM
I love it!! I was just looking through some manga comics at this store one day and found it, and just decided to get it because I was bored. ^_^; It turned out to be so good! Though, the 4th volume was what I got. I still want to buy the 1st one. Who's your favorite character?

Miyu-chan
January 11th, 2004, 02:28 PM
I've finished all of the first season, boy I really miss the manga back in Taiwan... ;_; My favorite is the Green-Haired girl that's in Blaine's signature. She's clumsy and kind and shy. (kinda like me? XD)

Purin
January 11th, 2004, 02:37 PM
I've read it and it's ok. The manga's storyline is kind of cute. n_n
I don't have a favourite character. That girl Miyu-chan's talking about is Retiasu right?

Miyu-chan
January 11th, 2004, 02:42 PM
I don't really know her Japanese name. n_n; Say, isn't there a girl called Purin too? XD

Purin
January 11th, 2004, 02:46 PM
That's the little "monkey"; but she's really unlike me n_n;;
The others I know is Ichigo, Minto, Zakuro (sorry if I made any mistakes in their names).

orange*berry
January 12th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Tokyo Mew Mew is super cute. n.n- I'm up to volume four in the manga so far. I like Purin. She's so adorable. n.n-

Kayleigh
January 13th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Lol, I only know their English manga translated names: Ichigo, Mint, Zakuro, Pudding, and Lettuce. Lettuce is in Blaine's avatar. ^_^ I'd love to see the anime; what's it like? And by the way... Ichigo's my favorite. She's so cute! XD

Missingno Baby
January 13th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Ichigo Rocks! She's in the first manga, she's clumsy, yeah.

Purin
January 14th, 2004, 12:46 AM
I certainly don't understand why their ending was strange. I read this from a website I went to once:

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Ichigo was married to her sweetheart O_O;;

Kayleigh
February 12th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Did anyone hear that Tokyo Mew Mew is coming to America, and it'll be on the FoxBox? ^_^ Of course, they had to butcher it though and they're calling in 'Hollywood Mew Mew'. Here's the article: http://mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=pageone&article_no=1990&page=4

I certainly don't understand why their ending was strange. I read this from a website I went to once:

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Yeah, I know.

***SPOILER***

I read that Ichigo marries Masaya and moves to London, England. o_O It's a bit strange, really, even though I'm glad that they got together. Have you heard of Berii? She's on the newer Tokyo a la mode. (I think that's the name.)

orange*berry
February 12th, 2004, 12:58 PM
I read that Ichigo marries Masaya and moves to London, England. o_O It's a bit strange, really, even though I'm glad that they got together. Have you heard of Berii? She's on the newer Tokyo a la mode. (I think that's the name.)

That is very strange. x.x
Berii? I think Iv seen her before. =3

100marios
February 12th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Err, question:
Is Tokyo Mew Mew an anime that's more for girls? (Obviously it can be for both boys and girls, but who is it more intended for?)
I'm just curious....

Kayleigh
February 12th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Tokyo Mew Mew started out as a shoujo [girl's] manga. It was intended for most girls around the ages of 11-14. ^_^; Later it was turned into an Anim. (A really cute one!) But a lot of boys do like it just because there's some fightning -against evil- and they get to stare at five pretty girls for 30 minutes. >_>

BTW, the girl in my avatar and profile picture is Ichigo, the main character. The reason she has pink hair in my profile picture is because it's of her when she's transformed, and her hair and eyes turn pink. ^_^

Anyways... Here are two links to good Tokyo Mew Mew sites, if you'd like to see.

Station Mew Mew (http://station-mewmew.5u.com) <--- A cute site

Caf Mew Mew Image Gallery (http://geocities.com/cafemew002/index.html) <--- It has some really nice Anime pictures. Also, down at the bottom are links to other gallery sections, like the manga, etc.

100marios
February 12th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Sorta sounds like Sailor Moon to me hehe.

Kayleigh
February 12th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Okay, I edited my last post to include those links. ^_^;

Tokyo Mew Mew is similiar to Sailor Moon in a way, but I like it better. The characters and style are much cuter, etc. But that's just my opinion.

By the way, this needs to be moved to Other Anime.

orange*berry
February 12th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Yeek! *Goes to that site and takes all the pudding pictures* I love Pudding. X3
Good to see the topic was finally moved, too. n.n() It just kinda sat in the wrong forum for a few months. *L*

Sorye HK
February 13th, 2004, 03:20 AM
I don't exactly " like it " but I read it then
translate the japanese into English for my sister.
( Don't know if this counts )

Purin
February 13th, 2004, 03:37 AM
Did anyone hear that Tokyo Mew Mew is coming to America, and it'll be on the FoxBox? ^_^ Of course, they had to butcher it though and they're calling in 'Hollywood Mew Mew'. Here's the article: http://mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=pageone&article_no=1990&page=4

Yeah, I know.

***SPOILER***

It's "a la carte", some menu-related stuff I think....

Mifuui
February 13th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Oh! I love Tokyo Mew Mew! I got the five first volumes, but I haven't seen that much of the anime. (But I listened to most of the songs. They're really cute :3)

My favourite character is Retatsu/Lettuce. Her clumsyness is so adorable!
But then Berii looks to be a really interesting character too...She is bercute with her bunny ears and cat tail anyway!
And R2003 is one of the most cutest things ever! X3~ *points at her avatar*
A flying chibi bunny inside a strawberry~ ...or something *w*;;;
*really, really, really wants to read the new mew mew manga*

Ryoutarou
February 13th, 2004, 01:28 PM
I just started it in december it's one of the better manga's out there.

Kayleigh
February 14th, 2004, 03:02 AM
Cool~ ^_^ I'm listening to 'Koi wa a la Mode', the ending theme. It's so cute, but I think 'My Sweet Heart' is my favorite. I love the songs! *_* You can download them on this website: http://neko-tokyo.tripod.com There are also music videos so you can watch clips from the Anim!

Greed
February 14th, 2004, 06:36 PM
I just saw the ad ^_^ It seems cute ^^ What's it about? O.o;

*dies*

Blaine
February 15th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Lol, I only know their English manga translated names: Ichigo, Mint, Zakuro, Pudding, and Lettuce. Lettuce is in Blaine's avatar. ^_^ I'd love to see the anime; what's it like? And by the way... Ichigo's my favorite. She's so cute! XD
Lettuce is in my banner, lol. ^^ I really like Tokyo Mew Mew, but the one thing I don't like is how similar it is to Sailor Moon in the way that like Serena, Ichigo becomes the main focus and everything always happens to her. That's usually what happens when you have several main characters, however Magic Knight Rayearth is an exception.

Kayleigh
February 15th, 2004, 08:36 PM
I just saw the ad ^_^ It seems cute ^^ What's it about? O.o;

*dies*
I'll have to find something about it for you, it's too complicated to explain! ^_^;

Lettuce is in my banner, lol. ^^ I really like Tokyo Mew Mew, but the one thing I don't like is how similar it is to Sailor Moon in the way that like Serena, Ichigo becomes the main focus and everything always happens to her. That's usually what happens when you have several main characters, however Magic Knight Rayearth is an exception.
Lol, whoops. Sorry, I meant banner. And that's true, how it's like Sailor Moon in that way, but.. ah well.

Blaine
February 16th, 2004, 02:10 PM
I'll have to find something about it for you, it's too complicated to explain! ^_^;

Lol, whoops. Sorry, I meant banner. And that's true, how it's like Sailor Moon in that way, but.. ah well.
S'okay! lol. I wish they'd develop the other characters more, that would be nice. Everybdoy in the storyline kinda' steps back for Ichigo to be in the spotlight and you never learn anything else about them.

Aya-chan
February 17th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Does anyone know where I could get pictures of Berii?

Miyu-chan
March 5th, 2004, 08:11 PM

Yeah, I know.

***SPOILER***

Yup, I've heard of her, I saw her on the Taiwan Nakayosi. n_n

zelloss
March 16th, 2004, 12:50 AM
I agree with Kayleigh! ^^ Ichigo's definatly my fav!

Cherrim
March 16th, 2004, 08:25 AM
I got the first volume of the manga sometime last month, but I neglected to post in this thread because I figured it'd be like the Yuugiou thread in which there are spoilers in almost every post. x_x;

Anyway, I like Ryou... I think that's his name. o_O And Ichigo is adorable. X3 I haven't read any really -cute- manga for a long time, er... I don't think I ever have before. I really liked it~ The premise is interesting too. ._. I want the bookstore to get the second one now... (lmao, they've only got 1 & 3. XD)

*wanders off...*

coco
March 23rd, 2004, 05:03 PM
i bought the first book yesterday. it was the best!
Pudding (i think it's Purin) and Ichigo are my fav characters

piyoko
March 28th, 2004, 06:57 AM
tokyo mew mew is cool!i like zakuro 'cuz she's cool

kayleigh,do you know when the anime is coming out?

Tohru-chan
March 28th, 2004, 12:39 PM
i have to say,i think tokyo mew mew's the best manga ever!^.^

mekino12
January 29th, 2006, 06:58 AM
I have vol. 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7.

Himawarii
January 29th, 2006, 09:15 AM
I read TMM.I LOVE the art,it's just so kawaii *-*

digi-kun
January 29th, 2006, 02:34 PM
now one question...how'd you find this thread...and revived it at that o.o