PDA

View Full Version : 2004: The Year Of Pokemon! *BIG NEWS*

Latios Master
January 9th, 2004, 10:29 PM
I'm not sure if this is where this belongs, but I found some huge Pokemon news!!!

As if Pokmon Fire Red, Leaf Green, Water Blue, Colosseum, the 5th, and maybe 6th movies in English, and the 7th movie in Japanese weren't enough the satisfy every Pokmon trainer's appetites, President Tsunekazu of The Pokmon Company blasts us with something new!

With Fire Red and Leaf Green production wrapping up, Tsunekazu said in Famitsu recently that new Pokmon games for Game Boy Advance and GameCube are already in the works. We'll be getting sneak peeks at E3 this spring, as well as the third annual Pokmon Festa in the summer. The Game Boy games will be using the wireless adapter once again, which may raise the possibility of an international release of the accessory.

Ready for the best part? These games are said to contain the fourth generation of Pokmon! Remember the feeling of seeing Kecleon, Azurill and Wailmer for the first time? We may be in for that all over again this year with the unveiling of brand new Pokmon! The appearance of a selection of these Pokmon in the 7th movie has also been rumoured.

Since these games have new Pokmon, it's likely that they'll take place in yet another new region, and it's pretty much a given that we get to pick from at least two new trainers, as well.

Well, what do you guys think?

PokeMaster3000
January 10th, 2004, 07:25 AM
weird.... but seems great!

Purin
January 10th, 2004, 07:32 AM
It would be great if this was true. However, in the past, the spectaculations of the Pokemon Ru/Sa games proved to be much more fanciful than the real thing, although I do like the two games...

tyranitar0000
January 10th, 2004, 08:40 AM
That would be pretty cool.

Lugia
January 10th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Sounds Pretty Cool *confused*
Weird really!!!
Never thaught of it.
Maybe, nintendo builds up a brand new game with evry thing neu, except the pokemon.

and maybe the DECADE 95'-05' be termed as the pokemon decade

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 10th, 2004, 01:34 PM
I haven't a clue where this goes, but then again, I'll move it to Pokmon General.

Arcanine
January 10th, 2004, 04:01 PM
I dont think so, I mean R/S came out last year and what new Pokemon this year? Thay wate for a two or three years before thay come out with a new generation. I mean look Red & Blue came out 1998 Gold & Silver came out 2000, that is two years. And from Ruby & Sapphire came out 2003 from G/S to R/S is 3 years. I just dont think there will be a new generation this year (I may be wring but thats what I think).

Timbjerr
January 10th, 2004, 04:07 PM
XP

what kind of new pokmon will there be?
I mean, looking at the pokmon released in Ru/Sa...the people at GameFreak must be running terribly low on ideas, I doubt there will be a fourth generation of pokmon.

I will be a happy pokfan if they don't release anymore new pokmon and stay with the three generations we already have and work with them to make more interesting storylines for the games XP (but that is just me...)

Purin
January 10th, 2004, 07:29 PM
XP

what kind of new pokmon will there be?
I mean, looking at the pokmon released in Ru/Sa...the people at GameFreak must be running terribly low on ideas, I doubt there will be a fourth generation of pokmon.

I will be a happy pokfan if they don't release anymore new pokmon and stay with the three generations we already have and work with them to make more interesting storylines for the games XP (but that is just me...)
I agree with you.
*Thinks about Biology lessons*
Unless those Pokemon evolved a million years later =P

PichuSecretBase
January 11th, 2004, 04:55 AM
It may just be another legendary like mew was released early, celebi was released early, latias latios were released early...

jynx
January 11th, 2004, 11:54 AM
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
I don't want new Pokemon!!!!
I haven't even learnt all GoldSilver Pokemon yet!!!

Rift
January 12th, 2004, 10:39 PM
well i think Satoshi Tajiri had made hundreds and hundreds of different types, Pokemon, ect. Gamefreak just picks out what should be in each game! so its possible that we'll be seein some new Pokemon in the next year or so! ^_^

Strider
January 13th, 2004, 04:55 AM
Each generation comes every 3 years. R/B/Y in 96, G/S/C in 99 and Ru/Sa in 02. Plus, it seems that they are using all the legendaries for movies. Right now, there is still short of the three Regi movie. My bet a new generation wil come at the end of next year.

Porygon
January 13th, 2004, 09:36 AM
It certianly would be interesting, but I still have elements and movesets to learn with the 3rd generation.

jynx
January 14th, 2004, 01:32 AM
Awww no.. why is everything in this world against me?

Malc
January 14th, 2004, 10:35 AM
if there ganna do a 4th-gen i think we need more water type pokemon like hammerhead sharks and things like that

jynx
January 14th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Or dolphins and whales.
Shrimps are a good choice too.

Aimy
January 14th, 2004, 03:09 PM
New Pokemon coming?! Aw I'd better go and start memorising Saphire and Ruby pokemon names...

Porygon
January 15th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Lol. There's only one I think that I can't identify by seeing it yet.

Kayleigh
January 15th, 2004, 09:51 AM
I'd like to see a dolphin or orca Pokmon, just because they're my favorite animals. *_* Though, I did like how they made Sharpedo, kinda gives you a reason not to go back into the water. XD

DragonTrainer
January 15th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Woah, lot's of stuff will happen this year.I hope the new pokemon won't have corny names

punkie90
January 15th, 2004, 04:24 PM
This would be greater news if I owned a nintendo system.

baby*j
January 16th, 2004, 10:38 AM
.. not to mention a new card set for all the TCG fans coming out in March ... ;)

*~Ashley~*
January 16th, 2004, 02:41 PM
it does sound kinda cool but also too soon to happen. it will probably come out in japan at the end of the year meaning the english version wont be released for about 6 months to another year after that

PM2008
January 18th, 2004, 12:23 PM
I think that it is cool news. I knew Pokemon would continue because before Pokemon came out there was over 1000 pokemon created that is why Ho-Oh apeared in the first episode of pokemon. I wouldn't be surprised if new pokemon came out in the 7th movie because it will probably come out next year and that is about how much time it takes to change seasons and pokemon. :\

PM2008
January 18th, 2004, 12:32 PM
I also hope that the new Pokemon don't have obvious names and i also hope that they look much cooler and tougher so that everyone will like Pokemon again like in 1999 & 2000. *daydreaming*- back in the Utopia of the pokemon golden ages. :sleeping:

tyranitar0000
January 23rd, 2004, 02:35 PM
I think that it is cool news. I knew Pokemon would continue because before Pokemon came out there was over 1000 pokemon created that is why Ho-Oh apeared in the first episode of pokemon. I wouldn't be surprised if new pokemon came out in the 7th movie because it will probably come out next year and that is about how much time it takes to change seasons and pokemon. :\

When I heard about new Pokemon, I noticed these similarities:
Psybir:Natu
Psybird:Xatu
Doomsay:Houndour
Doomsday:Houndoom
Anthrax:Skarmory???

I knew these were ideas that originally were going to be used in Red/Blue.

New ideas I'm waiting for:
Hummingbird
Fire/Steel Pokemon

Vai Fox
January 24th, 2004, 05:00 AM
Aieee..I dunno if I'm ready for another batch of Pokemon..well,for one thing,we know they'll keep making more Pokemon games because it makes them money. :\
Bahh...I guess I'd get it if they did.I almost didn't get Ruby/Sapphire at all. XD

RandomOddity007
January 25th, 2004, 06:14 PM
I think that the next generation will be out mid-late this year, or early next year. But who knows.

Shining_Latios
January 26th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Quote from Pm2008
I also hope that the new Pokemon don't have obvious names and i also hope that they look much cooler and tougher so that everyone will like Pokemon again like in 1999 & 2000. *daydreaming*- back in the Utopia of the pokemon golden ages.

We should boycott nintendo, make a pick-it sign and start a lab and engineer REAL pokemon

100marios
January 26th, 2004, 05:07 PM
No!! Nintendo makes the best games! They're my favorite company!
....I wonder.....perhaps they'll make a remake of pokemon gold and silver too!
I'm curious....

###
January 26th, 2004, 06:25 PM
That would be very cool if true. But it's kind of rushing things....

100marios
January 26th, 2004, 06:38 PM
You're right, it would be, but gold and silver is my favorite out of all the series so far so it would be awesome to see it on the gba. I forgot, are all the pokemon going to be obtainable for ru/sa with the additions of the fire red, leaf green and colosseum (I just know I spelled that wrong! Hehe..) games? If not, than there is a chance a remake of gold and silver might come out...

Kayleigh
February 14th, 2004, 04:30 AM
I think so. ^_^ You can trade Pokemon between FR/LG and R/S. Also, look at this article on Pokemon.com:

Pokemon has always been popular our many fans can attest to that. But we recently hit a milestone worth mentioning. We placed number one in some key areas that just goes to show you were going strong!

Last week, Billboards charts for home video releases was announced, and in our first week on the charts, Pokmon Heroes placed Number One in the Top Kids Video section! Overall, we were the Number Three video against every movie released that week!
We also scoured our research and found that NPD, the research firm behind numbers for the video game industry, ranked their top video games of last year, and surprise! Pokemon Ruby ranked Number Two and Pokemon Sapphire ranked Number Three individually! If you combine the sales numbers, we were the top selling game last year!

How about one more chart topper for the hat trick? Our television show airing on Kids' WB!, Pokemon: Advanced, which debuted at Number One for network television this past November, continues to place in the Number One network spot with kids on Saturday mornings. And guess what? We wouldnt have gotten to the top spot if it werent for fans like you, so heres our way of saying thanks. Download the wallpaper below, created especially for Number One Fans like you!

[There was a link to download a wallpaper]

So, I don't think it'll be dying down any time soon!!! ^_^ That's great news!

Novastorm
February 14th, 2004, 06:06 AM
More Pokees?! (faints) OK, that's it...I will no longer buy Pkmn games, but I will be sticking to my RP group though.

Kayleigh
February 14th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Well, the new Fire Red and Leaf green games do not contain any new Pokemon, except Deoxys. But it's still a R/S Pokemon. FR/LG are just special games that are coming out for the anniversary of their first Gameboy games, Red, Blue, and Green. ^_^;

100marios
February 14th, 2004, 10:14 AM
I read that the pokemon fire red and leaf green games sold over 1 million copies in only 4 days! That's amazing! Considering it's remake! (Although it does have a lot of other things too)

Muffin Man
February 14th, 2004, 10:55 AM
oh, man i cant wait...lets just hope the designs of the pokemon arent too bland this time *gets killed by luvdisc* ...i want loads of good designs like blaziken and scizor *drools*...i also want them to cut back on legendaries.

Ryoutarou
February 14th, 2004, 10:57 AM
so with these games we will be around 500 450 pokemon? then that would only leave 600 something before we got all 1171 pokemon.

Tanaz04
February 16th, 2004, 06:44 PM
If everyone knows how many he has.....*1171*......does anyone know any ideas as to some he has that he hasn't already showed us. I think it's time for some new types. What could thses new games be called?? I heard an example some where....Pokemon Prehistoric and Pokemon Metropolis. You know past/future. They said these games could introduce new pokemon that have gone extinct..and a future version could introduce evvolved species or new ones. Dunno...ideas?

John Denver
February 17th, 2004, 07:02 AM
I just hope the 4th generation of pokes don't have the worthless "fillers" in it...

honestly...who is gonna whip out a luvdisc to take out the opponent...HONESLTY!

BOO ya!

Kayleigh
February 17th, 2004, 01:30 PM
If everyone knows how many he has.....*1171*......does anyone know any ideas as to some he has that he hasn't already showed us. I think it's time for some new types. What could thses new games be called?? I heard an example some where....Pokemon Prehistoric and Pokemon Metropolis. You know past/future. They said these games could introduce new pokemon that have gone extinct..and a future version could introduce evvolved species or new ones. Dunno...ideas?
Yeah, I'd like to see more evolved forms of some of the older Pokemon. =\

Ryoutarou
February 17th, 2004, 02:05 PM
4th evoluton's would be cool...but since johto was kinda a filler.....and hoenn was not...this new set most likely will be

IceKitten
February 19th, 2004, 12:40 PM
They should work on pokmon with no weakness too, like a Dark/Poison pokemon with Levitate XD

The King of Water Pokemon
February 19th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Yeah. We need more Pokemon like Sableye. I also think they should introduce some baby Pokemon of older Pokemon:

Antla-Baby Form of Stantler
Goup- Baby Form of Grimer

And other ones. I definitely think this would be a GOOD idea.

Pluslechu
February 20th, 2004, 05:34 PM
More pokemon!! Keeeewel! I can't get enough! Seriously! (And yes, I'm insane.)

SlaveZero
February 20th, 2004, 06:09 PM
More?I can't remember all the names of the ones we have now and if they make more....*faints*Well anyway I'd like to see more of them (a lot more)

IceKitten
February 22nd, 2004, 01:49 PM
Yea we want more pokemon lol, it'd be a challenge to remember them all of by heart, like I already know 386 of them of by heart

Kenta-kun
February 22nd, 2004, 03:28 PM
This seems pretty interesting. However, what I think I'd really like to see is a full 3D version of the games. Maybe make a remake of G/S for the Gamecube, as a 3rd-person 3D RPG (like the Gamecube Starfox game, only with turn-based battles). It would take a long time to make, but it would be well worth it.

Relating to this thread's first post, are there plans to release FR/LG here in North America?

IceKitten
February 23rd, 2004, 11:09 AM
This seems pretty interesting. However, what I think I'd really like to see is a full 3D version of the games. Maybe make a remake of G/S for the Gamecube, as a 3rd-person 3D RPG (like the Gamecube Starfox game, only with turn-based battles). It would take a long time to make, but it would be well worth it.
That would be the dream game

Moonlit_Angel
February 28th, 2004, 02:47 AM
A fourth generation of Pokemon? Sweet.
And if they ever do make a new game, I'd hope they'd let you trade with G/S/C. THAT BUGS ME!!! :confused: I don't see why you can't.....
A new region to top it all off? Wow. Wonder what the game's called....

Has anyone heard of the game comin' out sometime? It's got to do with Meowth and his.... guitar. Wierd. Not much info on that yet.......

Ryoutarou
March 26th, 2004, 02:24 PM
THat was a promo just to show what the gamecube could do...and the new games should be out sometime next year.

Dark_Absol
March 26th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Yeah, but you cant negate: 2004 - Year of Pokmon! Fire Red/Leaf Green, Colosseum and much other things. I hope thats 2005 can be in the same way...
**Dreaming**:
2005 - Year of Pokmon Again! Gold Sun, Silver Moon, Shiny Crystal, Thunder Yellow, Colosseum 2, New TCG sets... WAIT this is just a dream!

yakksoho
March 26th, 2004, 05:57 PM
I guess it is exciting but I really don't care where pocket monster goes outside of its home in Japan.
I don't like when they dub movies, I wish I didn't happen. I hate how the names of the monsters change :(

Oh well :)

Ryoutarou
March 27th, 2004, 10:12 AM
well they have to tyhe normal names are to japanese-y they have to be americaniszed for the names to work

Kenta-kun
March 27th, 2004, 10:50 AM
I agree. While most of the character name changes are unnecessary, the monster names are necessary. Not all monster names were changed, either. Ho-oh, Pikachu, Pichu, Gyarados, Lugia, Entei Raikou & Suicune...all retained their original names (there're more, of course). Anyways, I prefer the names given by Nintendo of America for the most part. Easier to say

Latios Master
April 17th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Well, I found some news that will probably suprise every Pokemon fan in the universe:

I found this at the Turquoise Labs, which found it from PokeLord-

Okay, stop what you're doing! Absolutely breaking news!

For a while www.pokemon2004.jp (which also has a great new trailer) has had a list of Pokmon characters appearing in our beloved seventh movie, with one in the bottom corner marked simply: ?. We still don't know what this Pokmon is. But we will soon!

Nintendo is calling this Pokmon "???". On May 24, the ANA aviation company of Japan is putting out a new jumbo jet with Pikachu on the tail and...a BRAND NEW POKEMON further up! The newly announced ???!

ANA mentioned this: "We think that this new character of the Pokmon universe, which we're calling ??? (the name will be revealed soon), will be so phenomenal that it will become the brand new mascot of the Pokmon trade, at the same level as Pikachu."

Wait...as popular as Pikachu?! As much as I don't think the mouse is so worthy of being the mascot, how could a new Pokmon, over eight years later, take center stage with it and share the limelight as the new mascot? Maybe they're exaggerating it a little bit, but either way, we'll find out more next month.

See, CoroCoro's June issue (released mid-to-late-May) features Pokmon ??? on the front cover, which bears the title "Scoop: The Discovery of New Pokmon!"