PDA

View Full Version : Misadventures at Hogwarts: a Harry Potter RP

Skye
April 28th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Yes....for those of you who remember the RP from long, long ago...it's back! I think it would be best if we all started over as first years however, and make a few more tweaks to limit some of the craziness that brought about the other RPs demise.

This RP takes place three years after Voldermort's second downfall, after Harry Potter has defeated him. (For the sake of the RP, we'll say Voldermort has been killed.) The wizzarding and even the Muggle world is still recovering somewhat from everything that transpired, but it has been a peaceful and uneventful time of healing.

Enter our characters, first year Hogwarts students. A fresh start for the young generation of would-be wizzards. It is here that we create our story. Let's begin in Diagon Alley. Please fill out your character form. I will try to keep an up-to-date list of the characters on this first post for quick referencing.

Here are my two characters (they should be familiar for those who RPed with me the last time!)

Name: Cassidy MacDouglas
Physical characteristics: a bit short but very strong and fit for an eleven year old. Cassidy sports a short, chin length bob of blond hair and clear blue eyes. She is fair skinned. When she is not wearing her Hogwarts attire, she can often be found in comfortable clothes: loose fitting pants and a comfortable shirt.
Personality: Cassidy is kind of quiet, but very focused and disciplined. She is the complete opposite of her twin, Andrew.
Hobbies/Interests: Cassidy plays bass guitar, a talent she likes to keep on the down low, and she is also an accomplished martial artist. She relies on her martial arts skills before her wizzarding abilites. She also likes to surf.
Pet: Kaze, an albino snowy owl
House: Ravenclaw

Name: Andrew MacDouglas
Physical characteristics: the bigger of the two twins, Andrew stands a few inches above his sister. He has short blond hair and blue eyes that match Cassidy's perfectly. He smirks more than he smiles, which refelcts his chill, fun-loving personality. When he isn't in school uniform, Andrew tends to dress casually, not really caring about what he wears.
Personality: Andrew is pretty outgoing and can be kind of obnoxious. He makes up for Cassidy's reserved nature.
Hobbies/Interests: Andrew is also an accomplished martial artist, and plays acoustic guitar. Andrew also surfs, quite a bit better than his sister, but her strength is in martial arts.
Pet: Kaze, an albino snowy owl (he and Cassidy share.)
House: Gryffindor

A note about posting: please make your posts descriptive and informative. Please also write in third person: he/she, as opposed to I/me.

After a few people join, I'll get this ball rolling!

Mari
April 28th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Name: Sakura Mikage

Physical characteristics: Just beside her chin, locks of auburn are present. Her vivid cerulean optics are most likely brimming with enthusiasm or with mischief. She is a tad short for her age, making her look like a mere child of seven or eightshe abhors being called short, by the wayand has slender, almost athletic frame. She is fair skinned and, if not clad in Hogwarts clothing, is always dressed in loose, boyish clothes; like her brother's shirt and shorts.

Personality: Sakura is always extremely hyper; she never loses her bounciness or her enthusiasm. She is more of a boy than a girl, too and simply loathes anything too girlythe only pink-colored object she likes is Cherry Blossoms.

Mischief is often visible through her eyes as she adores being an annoyance to others, and she is quite the daredevil, having absolutely no concern for her safety. She also has this tendency to act tough around others, but regularly fails, with her naivety and all.

But in spite of her uncanny attitude, her optimism is very contagious.

Hobbies/Interests: She is excels in the art of fencing and various types of combat styles. She prefers attacking physically, before resorting to magic since she isn't the greatest when it comes to that. Plus, name any kind of sport, and she'll most likely be fond of it.

Pet: Dark, a snowy owl.
House: Gryffindor [Meh, it ish the most similar to Mari. X3]
-~-
Name: Kosuke Mikage

Physical characteristics: Kosuke has short, unruly red hair and eyes the color of sea. He has a strong build and, as opposed to his sibling, is fairly tall. His eyes reflect his hot-tempered nature and the sneering grin he has portrays his slightly obnoxious side. He doesn't really pay any heed to his attire, so he basically throws on whatever he finds, but does care when Sakura takes his clothes.

Personality: Hot-tempered and awfully stubborn. He hates being proven wrong and has a hard time showing compassionate feelings, since he thinks it affects his pride. He is very overprotective of Sakura and would try and kill anyone who dares harm her, he just doesn't want to admit it. He can be very obnoxious though, and frequently pulls pranks on anyone he sees just for the heck of it.

Hobbies/Interests: While his sibling excels in fencing, he is exceedingly skilled in kendo. He shares her knowledge of various combat techniques, but favors magic than physical attack. He is a lot better in combat than Sakura and he knows it.

Pet: Li, a black kitten.
House: Slytherin

Jesus Freak Josh
April 28th, 2005, 11:45 PM
*gasp* SKYE?! YOU'RE BACK?! YAY!!!!!!!!! Now why didn't you tell me, Josh, about this? XD

Name: Josh McScott (Not my real name [well Josh is] but McScott sounded cool. XD)

Physical characteristics: Has brown hair and blue eyes. Is quite tall but a little overweight. Has long nails, finger and toe, but cuts them occasionally. Hair needs to be cut as it is getting to the bottom of his neck.

Personality: Josh is pretty friendly, pretty smart but pretty agressive. Push him and you'll have nails dug into you. Josh is very good at technology which may be useless at Hogwarts but may be incorporated soon.

Hobbies/Interests: Josh likes to do technical stuff. That sort of thing. Technology isn't at Hogwarts which is a shame. But Josh may find a way around that... He likes to play Soccer and write stories.

Pet: Hoot the brown Owl.

Can my guy try and figure a way around the technical stuff not working? And Skye, why did you leave and why did you come back?

~Ozy~
April 29th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Name: Mikhail Sorchevsky
Physical characteristics: Tall and well-built for his age, though this doesn't say a whole lot. Deep brown, straight hair lies cropped close to his skull and is seemingly always immaculate. Piercing black eyes. Typically wears a tight black shirt and loose fatigue pants (tucked into the combat boots he always wears) when not in school robes.
Personality: Mikhail is an odd one, to be sure. He's quiet and withdrawn, overall, quite studious, but intensely loyal to his friends and family. When angered, his demeanor changes completely and you'll find out why Russian fighters have such a wicker reputation. He's also quite easily frustrated with any mistakes he might make, particularly regarding his English, which he regards as inferior.
Hobbies/Interests: Mikhail was taught Command Sambo by his father, an ex-KGB agent. He's proved to be quite skilled at it as well. His mother imparted her cooking skills, though he's nowhere near as interested in the cooking as he is in his martial arts, or his own passion, the harmonica.
Pet: Vasilisa, a femal eagle owl

Skye
April 29th, 2005, 08:07 PM
OOC: Okay....let's get started! More people are welcome to join, of course....but I'm wicked excited to get this thing moving!!

IC: The crowded streets of Diagon Alley left the fair skinned, blond haired twins silent in awe. The shorter of the two, the girl, drew a deep breath, her face becoming reserved in contrast to her brother's wide eyes.

The two of them had already said farewell to their parents for the afternoon. Neither of their parents had much interest in or knowlege of Diagon Alley, and preferred to stay at the inn. Andrew had dragged a reluctant Cassidy through the streets, pointing out all the sights he had heard or read about.

They made the traditional stops, Olivander's, robe shops, bookstores, etc. At last, with armloads of supplies, the twins found themselves at an ice cream parlor, and decided to go for a snack.

Cassidy sat quietly, her feet two inches from the ground, her legs swinging contently. Andrew's eyes were still wandering eagerly about their surroundings.

"Think we'll see any other Hogwarts students?" he asked excitedly, pausing only to take a lick or two of his chocolate ice cream cone.

"Probably," Cassidy shrugged, though it was easy to see she was just as excited. She leafed through a few pages of Hogwarts: a History, and smiled.

Jesus Freak Josh
April 29th, 2005, 09:13 PM
A boy no older than eleven wiped his long fringe of brown hair out of his eyes so he could see.
Josh McScott had turned eleven and was going walking down the crowded streets of Diagon Alley with his supply of books and his wand as well as his robes which he was to wear at his new school known as Hogwarts.

As he walked through the streets of Diafon Alley, his blue eyes darted upon a boy and a girl who looked alike and were eating some ice-cream cones.
"Hi," he said walking to them. "I'm Josh McScott. I'm going to Hogwarts this year. You?"

~Ozy~
April 30th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Father and I had long since finished our shopping. He was a great believer in getting work done early and was trying to impart that into me. Now he was off doing God knew what with Mother and had left me alone for the afternoon. I was sitting on the patio of Fortescue's ice cream parlor. People-watching, mainly. right now I was focused on what seemed to be a few of my fellow peers. I didn't want to try and speak to them, though, I'd probably slip up and make a fool of myself. My accent was still far too thick as well. Instead, I returned to my ice cream and kept watching.

Skye
April 30th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Andrew was the first to notice another Hogwarts student approach their table. Cassidy turned her head slightly to look in the direction of the newcomer, watching the boy wipe some hair from his eyes. She smiled slightly, but felt her stomach tighten with nervousness.

"Hi," he said walking to them. "I'm Josh McScott. I'm going to Hogwarts this year. You?"

"Andrew MacDouglas," Andrew said, offering a handshake. "This is our first year."

"Cassidy," the girl said quietly, pausing from her reading to look over at Josh. Her blue eyes were clear and slightly curious, but for some reason, her attention turned to antoher person around their age sitting by themselves at a table. She finished the last bite of her ice cream cone, and watched the dark haired boy, who suddenly, returned her gaze. He seemed to be watching them too. Instead of feeling embarassed, Cassidy merely returned the genuinely curious stare, and found herself doing something very un-Cassidy-like. She got up from the table and walked over to him.

"Hello," she said, trying not to feel awkward. Her rather frail looking oval face attempted a slightly nervous smile, her blue eyes broadcasting every emotion she felt. They truely were a window to her soul. "My name's Cassidy. Are you a first year too?"

Meanwhile, Andrew was engaged in making conversation with Josh.

"So what are you excited about most?" he asked. "I can't wait to take Potions!"

~Ozy~
April 30th, 2005, 06:48 AM
"Yes" I replied, a little hesitantly. I was probably going to look stupid. "I am Mikhail, by name. Who are you?" I cocked my head inquisitively, an old habit as I asked this girl my question. I wasn't used to people approaching me. Then again, these English, they had different mannerisms.

Mari
April 30th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Walking through the busy streets of Diagon Alley, the siblings could barely move without getting bumped into. The older of the two seemed to be unbothered, but the other isn't quite alright with it.

"Brotheeer!" The younger of the siblings called as she inhaled a deep breath. "Can we please rest for a while? I'm really tired and it's too crowded here!"

As much as she was enthralled with everything they bought, she couldn't help but feel exhausted. They have been walking for almost four hours nownonstop. She did hated shopping, even though this was fairly different from what she's used to. Her brother meanwhile, was in high spirit. Entering every single shop that sold anything Hogwarts related was bliss for him.

"No. Not until we finished visiting all the stores." Kosuke answered teasingly, his lips curving into a smirk.

"I know you like all these magic thingy but why do we have to go to every stupid shop you see?" She cried crossly, glaring at him. "We already have everything we need!"

He ignored her complaints and took hold of her wrist, dragging her towards another store. She gritted her teeth in annoyance and mustered her remaining energy to pull him back. She was almost going berserk when she spotted an ice cream parlor.

"Ice cream!" She exclaimed animatedly, immediately retrieving her spirit. "Let's go buy some!"

Kosuke exasperatedly breathed out a sigh and followed her shortly. He took note of a girl and three boys; they appeared to have all the necessities required for Hogwarts. Perhaps later he could speak to one of them.

Jesus Freak Josh
April 30th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Andrew had asked Josh what he class he was most excited about.
"D.A.D.A," he said to Andrew. Josh slightly turned his head when he heard what tio be an annoyed boy and an extremely hyper girl but turned back to Andrew again. "Defence Against the Dark Arts. Who knows when it might become useful. I also heard they have a Dueling Club there. I might check the place out after a coulple of days."

Skye
April 30th, 2005, 09:51 PM
"I'm Cassidy," she replied with a small bow, taking notice of Mikhail slight nervousness. She was as good at reading other poeple's emotions as she was broadcasting her own, whether intentionally or not. "If you want, you can come sit with us. It must be kind of lonely sitting by yourself eating ice cream?"

She folded her hands carefully before her loose, blue, long-sleeved shirt, and smiled a little meekly, waiting for his reply.

Meanwhile, Andrew was still busy talking to Josh about classes.

"D.A.D.A. sounds exciting," Andrew agreed, nodding with approval. "Dueling would be pretty cool too!"

Out of the corner of his eye, Andrew spotted another pair of siblings getting ice cream. He smiled at them, hoping theyd join the table.

OOC: Quite a change from the Andrew in the last MaH, ne, Mari-chan?

Mari
May 1st, 2005, 12:09 AM
"Here~!" It was her undying optimistic, high pitched chirp. It gets really annoying quickly. "Yours is the one with one scoop, mine has four!" She exclaimed chirpily and braggingly.

Kosuke simply rolled his eyes, then arched a brow. "You aren't allowed to have that much sugar, remember?" He asked tauntingly, his hands slowly reaching for her ice cream cone. "You'll only get more hyper than you are now!"

Instinctively, Sakura slapped his hand. "No! That was only for last year!" She stuck out his at him and then dashed towards the two chatting boys, using them as a shield from her now enraged brother.

The older, face brimming with annoyance, gritted his teeth and ran after the girl. "Come here, shorty!" He bellowed crossly, letting out a slight snicker at Sakura's extremely furious visage.

"S-shorty?!" There it was. Give her a second, then she'll go berserk. "Why you annoying, mean, stupid" She cut herself off, noticing that Kosuke stopped his teasing for a momenthe wasn't even paying attentionand was instead glancing at the four, seemingly, eleven year olds.

"Brother?" She inquired, her voice a little more calm.

"Quiet." He muttered as he listened to the two boys' conversation. "D.A.D.A. sounds exciting."

D.A.D.A., that's Defense Against Dark Arts. That's it, no doubt! They are students of Hogwarts! His face quickly lit up; finally, people who actually cared about Hogwarts and sorcery...unlike that sister of his.

"'scuse me," He stated a little hesitantly as he wasn't good at being polite and all. "But I couldn't help but hear" He groaned irritably when the familiar voice spoke. Sakura again.

"It's because you were eavesdropping." Sakura muttered incoherently, rolling her eyes.

Kosuke stepped on her foot and continued speaking to the boys. "Anyway, you two, you're first years too, right?"

//ooc: Hai~! He ish so different. X3

Jesus Freak Josh
May 1st, 2005, 12:27 AM
Josh looked up at the boy who appeared to be the brother of the hyper active girl. "Excuse me this was kind of a private conversation. But I guess you do what I do and can't help overhearing while you were eavesdropping," he paused thinking what to do next. "Pull up a chair and sit down. We were talking about Defence Against the Dark Arts and a Dueling Club they assumingly have," he lowered his voice. "Look what I picked up," he showed them a piece of paper. "It's assumingly a list of passwords for portraits at Hogwarts. Any room to any floor."

~Ozy~
May 1st, 2005, 07:51 AM
"Perhaps" I said quietly. "I am not the most..." I trailed off, looking for the right word. "Sociable person, do you say?" I went on anyway. "I am not the most sociable person you will ever meet" I sighed and got up nonetheless, saying, "But I might as well join you. I will have to associate with some of you sooner or later."

Psychotic_Demon
May 1st, 2005, 08:02 AM
Name: Saphira Demonte
Description: Saphira is slender and tall, with the build of a gymnast. She has dark blue eyes that always seem to be hiding something, whatever that is. Her golden brown hair cascades to the middle of her back and she has tanned skin. When Saphira isn't in her school robes, she tends to wear blue and/or black. A black or light blue tank and dark, baggy blue jean are what shes normally in. A silver chain is around her neck, but she never takes it off.
Personality: A bit of a loner. Saphira never approaches someone first, nor does she ever speak first. She doesn't like large crowds or being around too many people at once. It takes a long time for her to trust someone.
Hobbies/Interests: She does have a strong bond with animals... And she love drawing. Wherever she goes, theres always a sketchpad and pencils near her. She does try not to boast, but she is kind of good.
Pet: A calico cat she found in Diagon Alley. Saphira calls her Kali.

It isn't too late for me to join, is it?

Skye
May 3rd, 2005, 08:05 PM
OOC: Jump on the bandwagon, Dark Espeon!

IC: Andrew smiled to greet the two siblings, and raised his eyebrow when Josh mentioned the list of passwords.

"Really?" he said mischeviously. "We'll have to make good use of them then!"

Meanwhile, Cassidy felt her face turning a little red.

"I am not the most sociable person you will ever meet."

Cassidy shrugged, biting her lower lip and averting her eyes for a moment. She rocked a little from heel to toe, her hands in her pockets, and looked back at Mikhail, a small smile forming at the corners of her mouth.

"But I might as well join you. I will have to associate with some of you sooner or later."

"I guess that's one way to look at it," Cassidy agreed, trying not to sound disappointed with what appeared to be apathy in his voice. She led him over to the table and sat down, her legs swinging freely an inch or two above the ground. She looked over at her twin, who was engaged in what looked like a scrap of paper. Her eyes traveled to the pair of siblings before them, and she smiled a hello before turning back to Hogwarts: a History.

Jesus Freak Josh
May 3rd, 2005, 09:52 PM
"Yep," Josh said wiggling them around in his fingers. "Unfortunately, since the main portraits, the ones to each Common Room, have a different password each week, there aren't any. So I can't be a cheeky bugger and go to Slytherin, that's of course if I'm not in Slytherin, and play silly buggers on them!"

OOC: Will we be allowed to introduce new characters further in the RPG?

Mari
May 3rd, 2005, 10:43 PM
"Excuse me this was kind of a private conversation. But I guess you do what I do and can't help overhearing while you were eavesdropping,"

Kosuke strained to prevent himself from rolling his eyes. Oh wow, a know-it-all. He managed to put a friendly smile on, and nodded to the twins, as he assumed, as a greeting. He sat down on the chair the boy had gestured and sat quietly, just listening to their conversation.

He glanced at Sakura every now and then, to see if she was up to no goodas always. She seemed rather interested, though. But only at the topic of pulling tricks on others, specifically the Slytherin.

"If you aren't planning to be in Slytherin, then what do you have in mind?" He asked curiously. He already guessed what it was though; something fitting for him.

Ravanclaw.

Jesus Freak Josh
May 3rd, 2005, 11:59 PM
"I'd rather Ravenclaw," Josh said at the boy who was now questioning his motives. "i'd rather be smart and a play a few jokes over a ton of jokes and possibly some intellegence," he looked at his watch. "Still got a heap of time. Too bad we can't use muggle technology at Hogwarts. It'd really be useful."

Psychotic_Demon
May 4th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Saphira sat at her table alone, thumbing through some of the books she had recently purchased. A few tables away she could hear people talking with each other, interacting with each other. She wasn't too good at that. For what she had accidentally heard, she could tell they were headed for hogwarts, like she was.

~Ozy~
May 4th, 2005, 01:12 PM
"I am not familiar with these Houses" I said, trying to jump into the conversation for once, Cassidy had seemed somewhat dissapointed. I rather liked her, she'd bothered to approach me. I added "Could one of you familiarize me with them? I would be indebted."

Jesus Freak Josh
May 4th, 2005, 01:26 PM
"Bravery, Gryffindor," Josh said. "Intelligence, Ravenclaw, Evilness, Slytherin and miscellaneous, Hufflepuff," he paused. "I don't really care what I'm in. Just as long as I have a couple of friends with me I won't really care," Josh ate the last of his ice cream. "So how long until the Hogwarts Express?"

OOC: Skye can we get this moving?

Skye
May 4th, 2005, 01:48 PM
OOC: Patience....some of us have a heavy workload. ^_^

IC: Cassidy listened quietly to the conversation around her. She bit her lower lip, somewhat nervously, and closed her book. Tucking her things away into various bags and packs, she looked over at her newfound friends.

"What time does the Express leave?" she asked, eyeing Andrew inquisitively. She tried to keep from looking over at Mikhail.

Andrew glanced at his watch casually, and his eyes became rather large with suprise.

"It leaves in half an hour....we'd better meet Mum and Dad!" he exclaimed, throwing his things together.

Cassidy got up slowly. Every movement had a purpose for her, carefully planned and executed. She pulled her things along behind her brother, throwing a glance back at the fellow Hogwarts students they had met. Her short blond hair flew about her face wildly in the bustle of the crowds.

"See you at the station?!" she called, a small smile crossing her face. She hurried to catch up to Andrew.

A little while later, the twins were saying farewell to their parents, who hugged them goodbye and watched them board the train. Kaze, the twins' albino snowy owl, sat perched on Cassidy's shoulder, looking around in a very alert, almost nervous way. Andrew selected a compartment towards the back of the train, and plopped himself down in the seat across from Cassidy.

"So who was that boy you were talking to?" he smirked at her. "Betcha think he's CUUUUUTE!"

Cassidy's eyebrows narrowed, and she threw her shoe at him. He caught it, his reflexes suprisingly quick, and hurled it back at her. Cassidy easily sensed her brother's movements, and caught the shoe as well, mirroring his concentrated expression.

"It's going to be an interesting year..." Andrew musied, feeling the tension in the car ease a little. The twins were always competative, and quite equally matched as Cassidy was the better martial artist, but Andrew had a few inches and pounds on her.

Cassidy glanced out the window and nodded, hoping that their friends would show up soon.

Jesus Freak Josh
May 4th, 2005, 02:01 PM
"Bugger!" Josh yelled. "You're right!"
The boy ran towards the Leaky Cauldron on his way. He accidentely hit a girl while he was running. "Sorry!" he called. From what he saw, the girl looked around his age.

Josh was at the station with all his luggage and his pet owl named Hoot. He climbed onto the train and tried to find an empty compartment.

~Ozy~
May 4th, 2005, 02:26 PM
I watched them all leave, then ambled off slowly myself. Moter and Father would be at the Leaky Cauldron, probably. Along with my younger sister.
"Dasvidanya" my mother whispered, wrapping my in a tearful hug on the platform itself. I looked around anxiously, all embarassment aside, I wanted to keep as many people as possible from knowing my heritage. My father shook my hand once and I gave my sister a last hug, picking her up and spinning her around before I boarded the train. Once aboard, I began searching through the compartments, looking for Cassidy's face. Or tha face of any of the students I had met, but her in particular.

Psychotic_Demon
May 4th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Saphira sighed picking up her things and walking back toward where her parents were. She wished she could have friends and joke and talk and do whatever, but for some reason she couldn't figure out, she didn't.

~*~*~

The train station was crowded with students and parents, saying their goodbyes, giving students last minutes supplies and presents, having fun. Here Saphira was, all alone, excluding her pet calico, Kali. At least she had someone to talk to. Kali meowed quietly, and squirmed a bit in Saphira's arms. She was nervous.

"Its alright, Kal. We'll be at Hogwarts soon."

The train was up ahead, filling up quickly. Saphira headed towards it, finding a seat quickly.

Mari
May 4th, 2005, 05:01 PM
"See you at the station?!"

Kosuke breathed out a sigh as he watched the twins leave. Oh, great. That'd mean that he'll be stuck with annoying little Sakura again. "Well, let's get going half-pint." He stated teasingly, smirking at the girl.

"Okay." She whispered, nodding meekly.

His eyes quickly softened, filling up with worry. Whenever she didn't get all mad after being called short, he knew there was something wrong. "What's with you?" He asked, masking his concern with forced sternness. He examined her for a few minutes before he gritted his teeth, finally understanding what was bothering the younger girl.

"...we'd better meet Mum and Dad!"

"Why are so sad about it. We didn't mean squat to them!" He cried crossly, absent-mindedly clenching his fists. "Let's just go. Grandpa will get mad if we don't go home soon."

"That's not true! I know I don't remember much about mommy and daddy, but I'm sure they loved us!" She protested. She never wanted to believe that they just abandoned them, just like that.

"Believe whatever you want, but I know what I saw." He grabbed her by the wrist and headed off, nodding a goodbye to the other two. "C'mon."

-~-
"Bye-Bye, grandpa~!" Sakura chirped happily, kissing him on the cheek. "I'll remember to send you cards!" She patted Dark who was perched upon her shoulder and skipped happily towards train. "Better hurry up, Brother!"

Kosuke nodded and told her that he would follow them shortly. He grabbed his cat and bowed politely to his grandfather. "Bye, grandpa." He stated, in an oddly civilized demeanor.

"Farewell. I'll see you two soon." He smiled, patting his head. "Take care of that bouncy one, okay?" He said lightheartedly, his smile as kind as ever.

"She's just trouble." He waved a goodbye and dashed off to the train, following where she went.

Thanks to Li's uncanny sense of smell, he was able to find Sakura, who was seemingly searching for her friends at Diagon Alley. He just rolled his eyes, it was a habit of his, and followed her steps.

"Found them~!" Sakura exclaimed blissfully as she waved at the twins. "Hi, you guys! Do you mind if Brother and I sit with you?"

~Ozy~
May 4th, 2005, 06:03 PM
My eyes caught on one of the people I'd met. I didn't know either of their names, but they were better than nothing. walking over, I said "Hello. I believe we have seen each other before, have we not?" I cocked my head a little to the side as I asked and added "Though we have not been formally introduced. I am Mikhail."

Skye
May 4th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Andrew's head snapped in the direction of the door of the compartment. The siblings they had met in Diagon Alley stood before them, and Andrew motioned for them to enter. Cassidy had a small smile on her face, but her cheeks heated up slightly, illuminating the smile, as Mikhail entered the compartment as well.

She caught Andrew smirking, but found her eyes focused on the floor as her face cooled down. Kaze hooted softly from her shoulder, giving her some kind of assurance before launching himself to the brass railing of the overheard compartment. Cassidy folded her hands in her lap, her blue eyes quietly alert.

Opposite her, Andrew was busy making conversation.

"I'm Andrew...or Andy if you want," he said with a casual shrug. "Nice to meet you all. THis is my sister, Cassidy. We're both just back from Japan. Our Dad fot stationed there so we went to school there and stuff, but boy, were my parents suprised to get the letter from Hogwarts! Mum convinced Dad to let us come, but they're both going back to Japan. I expect we'll probably be at Hogwarts all year, eh, Cass?"

As if from a daydream, Cassidy brought her eyes to his. The mention of their parents rinsed the smile from her face, and her body appeared to tense slightly. She nodded, feeling somewhat awkward, and turned her attention to the rest of the compartments inhabitants.

"Where are you all from?" she asked quietly, her voice quiet, but far from light. An unknown weight tugged at it, easily mistaken for homesickness...

Mari
May 4th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Sakura thanked the twins and entered bouncily, dragging her impatient brother along. She smiled at the newcomer as well, and greeted him politely. Kosuke, on the other hand, merely nodded at the occupants and just stared at the window, patting Li every now and then.

"Hiya, Andy~! Pleasure to meet you. I'm Sakura, and this is my mean big brother, Kosuke." She giggled childishly. "You guys are from Japan, too? That's so cool~!" She chirped as cheerily as ever, "Brother and me were born in Japan, but then," She halted slightly, briefly looking down, then tilted her head upwards again, her grin still present. "But then, something bad happened so we had to move with Grandpa to England."

Kosuke tapped his foot in a sort of anxious way, gritting his teeth. "They don't need to know out life story, so quit talking about them." He stated to her irately, his eyes still steadied at the window.

~Ozy~
May 5th, 2005, 12:26 PM
"I am from Mos Rus" I said without thinking. Blushing, I corrected myself as I took a seat, saying "Russia. My father worked for the government. He is a... Muggle, you say? My mother, she wanted us not to go to Durmstrang. So, we moved here, and now, I am to attend Hogwarts." I nodded as I finished my own small tale. Chancing a glance at Cassidy, I said to her "I apologize for eearlier. I am told I am not an easy person to approach."

Skye
May 5th, 2005, 01:04 PM
"Cool!" Andrew exclaimed, learning that the other set of siblings were also from Japan. "Where abouts were you? We were in Okinawa."

Cassidy slowly brought her eyes to Mikhail when he spoke to her. She smiled a little and swung her feet contentedly a few inches above the ground.

"Don't even worry about it," she said, almost cheerfully. She glanced up at her luggage, where Kaze was busy ruffling his feathers and looking important. It was comforting to know that in a few short hours, she would be unpacking her things, tucking her gis neatly away in her trunk, her bo and numchaku hanging at the ready above her bed. She looked foward to getting up early in the morning, suiting up, and heading to the rolling hills by the castle that her mother had told her about. She could almost feel the morning dew, quite chilly beneath her feet, the blades of grass sliding between her toes. She imagined herself drawing into each stance, each movement fluid and practiced...

Her mind snapped back to the present, though only gone for a few moments. She looked over at Mikhail.

"I guess I'm not that easy to approach either..."

Andrew smirked from across the way, but Cassidy paid no heed. Kaze hooted at her from the luggage above, and Cassidy allowed a genuine smile to cross her face.

Jesus Freak Josh
May 5th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Josh looked around the train. He could sit near the twins, or he could sit alone. He decided to sit alone.
A little while later a girl came up to him. "Can I -?" she looked at him. "Wait your that guy I ran into at the Leaky Cauldron!"
"Sorry about that," Josh said. "I was in a hurry to get here."
"Oh okay," she said. "I forgive you. Can I sit here?"
"Sure," Josh replied. She sat across from him. She had long red hair and green eyes.
"I'm Lauren," she said.
"I'm Josh," Josh replied.

~Ozy~
May 5th, 2005, 02:04 PM
<OOC>*giggles* Just had to say it, early morning training rocks! I seem to remember you practice Shotokan as well, Skye. Am I right?<OOC>

"Very well" I said, laughing a little. "It seems we fit well, together, do we not?" A real, full-fledged smile broke out on my face. It had been years since I'd smiled in truth, in fact, this was the first time since our family had moved to England.

Skye
May 5th, 2005, 06:40 PM
OOC: Aye, I do, though I've been out of practice for a few years now unfortunately. I can't wait to get back into it...

IC: Cassidy felt her cheeks flush at Mikhail's smile. Andrew was now chuckling softly across from her. She pulled her knees up to her chest and hugged them, feeling awkward and insecure. Her purple Converse sneakers were nearly hidden by the hem of her baggy pant legs. She let her hair fall into her face.

Andrew reached into his coat pocket and withdrew an apple, which he chucked at Cassidy's head. Without any inclination that she had seen the throw, she instinctively reached her hand up at precisely the right moment and caught it. She tossed her mane of thick blond hair, her clear blue eyes gleaming with a hint of a mischevious side yet to be seen by the present company.

With a soft crunch, she bit into the apple as Andrew pulled out one for himself, and looked over at Sakura, Kosuke, and Mikhail.

"Anyone else want one?" he offered.

~Ozy~
May 6th, 2005, 01:43 PM
<OOC>*giggles* Yay! A fellow Shotokan geek!<OOC>

I raised an eyebrow at Cassidy, my smile quirking to one side in a slightly bemused grin. Without taking my eyes from her, I said to Andrew "No thank you. I am good."

Raichu Master
May 7th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Wow...the 5,000th revival of this rp! Will the madness never end? XD

Unlike Skye...I'll be makin' up a brand new character!

Name: Alvender McCollan

Nickname: Al

Personality: Alvender is a very reserved and conservative individual, although he is often shy around everyone, he doesn't back down from sticking up for what he believes in. He has almost no self-confidence and is the biggest chicken most of the time, also one of the biggest nerds you'd ever hope to meet. He often screws up spells and spells mostly backfire to cause bodily harm to him.

Description: He normally wears baggy black pants, and a black t-shirt that is covered by a short-sleeved black buttondown shirt that is unbuttoned. He also wears big thick black glasses, and his hair is combed neatly and...you guessed it...black. As far as complexion goes he's almost paper white, he finds it difficult to tan and often burns instead. He's as skinny as a rail, and spends most of the time on his laptop or writing books. Needlesstosay he's a mud-blood, and is often teased about it because it's obvious by the way he dresses.

Hobbies: Writing books (Which if I may say so, he's written several successful Fantasies in the muggle world), playing video games, and visiting online forums.

Pet: none
House: Slytherin

Can't forget Johann! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You thought I'd forget about him! Well you're wrong! *insert another evil laugh* XD

And for all who don't know him! Here's a profile just for you! Enjoy! ^^ XD

Name: Johann Sebastian Bach

Nickname: JSB, J, Johann

Personality: Cocky, and when I say cocky, I mean annoyingly cocky! Cocky...and compassionate...but mostly cocky. Well actually...cocky...period...end of discussion! He loves causing mischief and will do almost anything for kicks.

Description: He wears bootcut blue jeans that grip to his thighs, he has to show off his riding fit legs! A short-sleeved red plaid designed buttondown shirt, and leather boots. Who can forget his cowboy hat? He never leaves home without it! He's well muscled for an eleven year old, and often gets into fights, and comes out the victor (which explains his cockiness). He's pretty much the typical cowboy bad-a**. He has the basic hazel eyes (green/brown), and dark black hair, that has hightlights through it but you can only see them when he takes off his hat. He has a farmer's tan, which stops at his short sleeved shirt. As for hair style...two words...hat hair (or is that one word or is it seperated by a dash? Either way, you know what I mean!)

Hobbies: Going around causing mischief and getting into fights. He often gets detention easily and gets people ticked quickly. Needlesstosay, most people don't hang around him, he has very little friends, but the ones he does, he shows an uncharacteristic humility and loyalty.

Pet: A horse, but they wouldn't let him bring it along so he brought his dog that he raised from a small baby, that was left from his father's dog's litter, from his families ranch.

House: Ravenclaw surprisingly!

Friends: Alvender McCollan

IC: "So this is the train?" Johann asked dully as he looked over to his best friend, Alvender McCollan. Scratching his head, Johann took his chest and moved tried to find an empty cart.

"It looks that way," Alvender answered as he fixed his glasses, which were slidding down his face. Alvender stared in disbelief, there were more people than he had anticipated. As his knees buckled weakly underneath himself, he could feel Johann's solid hand on his arm, coaxing him into the train. "There's...alot of people here..." Alvender said lamely as he aloud himself to be dragged by his friend.

Johann turned to regard his friend with a wink, and a broad grin. Alvender knew it could only mean one thing...Johann was planning something. "The more fun we can have," Johann replied with a sly look in his eyes and then slid into the train with Alvender following at his heels.

Dashing into the first empty room he could find, Johann waited for Alvender to scurry into the boxed room before he shut the door. "Ok...I don't see the point in this..." Alvender sighed as he often did when Johann was making a fool out of himself. "What are you planning?" Alvender asked as he grew worried at the excited look that spread acrossed Johann's face.

Johann looked like he was hurt by Alvender's words and then replied almost in a whisper, "You'll find out soon enough!" With another sly wink, Johann slumped back on his bench as he pulled the tip of his cowboy hat over his eyes. Throwing his hands behind himself, Johann gave a big sigh and soon fell asleep.

Alvender just shook his head, and slammed his head off his laptop. He couldn't believe Johann was being this stupid! Then again, maybe he could. Either way he just shook his head and opened up his laptop. "Johann, why do you have to act so childish and stupid?" Alvender asked as he peered at Johann from behind his laptop. When know answer came, he continued to type away at his computer.

"Because I enjoy being this stupid!" Johann replied as Alvender felt Johann's leather boot hit his face. Johann had taken off his boots, just to throw it at Alvender! With a irritated grunt Alvender didn't give his friend the satisfaction of anything other than a grunt.

Johann chuckled to himself, and got to his feet after putting his boot back on. "Where are you going?" Alvender asked as he once again shot Johann an icy stare.

Johann shrugged and looked at the door, and then sighed, "Going to look around."

"Then why did you shut the door?" Alvender asked, disdain obvious in his voice now, as he was getting frustrated with Johann's stupidness.

"How long have you known me?" Johann huffed as he crossed his arms, and leaned on the door.

"Since we were babies, why?" Alvender asked, completely shocked and confused by Johann's counter.

"Good, then you know I'm spontaneous!" Johann said with a wide grin and then slipped out the door. Alvender slammed his head off his laptop again and moaned, as he shook his head and went back to his laptop.

Walking down the hall, Johann shoved his hands in his pockets and tilted his cowboy hat down to block his eyes, wearing a sneer the whole time as he peeked into open rooms to see what was going on and then passing by.

Skye
May 8th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Cassidy turned to look at the scenery passing by as the train chugged steadily along. Rolling hills and a few sparse trees dotted the landscape. They were quite possibly nearing the castle soon. She returned her attention to the compartment's inhabitants. She saw a boy in a cowboy hat saunter by, but paid little attention to him. Instead, she finished her apple, core and all, and tossed the last piece up to Kaze, who hooted greatfully.

"I think we're almost there," Andrew said, standing up to grab his bag. "We probably ought to change into our robes."

Cassidy nodded and stood on the seat to get her bag as well. The twins left the compartment to go change, and arrived back a few moments later, both looking rather important in their new robes. Andrew plopped down in his seat, pulling out his wand and admiring it for a while. Twelve inches, mahogony, and a dragon's heart string for a core. Cassidy was reluctant to take hers out. She thought it was rather ironic that their wands were very similar: the same length, the same core, but hers was made of willow, a lesser wood...a weaker wood.

Cassidy noticed that most of the students were passing by in uniform now, chatting excitedly. She bit her lower lip nervously, and kicked her feet, her shiney black shoes reflecting the light in the car.

Raichu Master
May 8th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Johann's dog, Logan, saw a girl finish her apple, and trotted into the compartment to see if she'd give him a bite. When he found that she already fed her pet bird, Logan squirm and wined nervously.

Johann who had passed the compartment up, found that his dog wasn't at his heels like he normally was. Lifting his hat above his eyes he looked around to see where Logan might have gone. "Now where is that dog?" Johann muttered to himself as he backtracked. Hearing Logan's wines and the dog's tail pounding uncontrollably on the floor, Johann entered the compartment to find him begging for food. "Logan heel!" Johann said as he stomped his right foot on the floor and pointed down to his feet. Logan snapped his head over to face his master, then trotted over too his master's side.

"Sorry about the trouble, miss. My dog has a big stomach like his master," Johann sighed as he looked down at his dog and shook his head, chuckling to himself. Logan just stared innocently back at his master like he did nothing wrong. "His name's Logan, I had him since he was just a small pup," Johann added as he patted Logan on his head.

"Oh how rude of me!" Johann said as he smacked the palm of his hand against his forehead after a long moment of silence. "I barged in here without introducing myself. My name's Johann Sebastian Bach. My father is a cowboy in he United States, and my mom was originally from Germany, which explains the german name."

Psychotic_Demon
May 8th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Kali trotted out of Saphira's compartment with out her noticing. She poked her head into every compartment, checking the train out. She watched the students intently, tilting her head, before moving to a different one.

"Kali, what do you think... Kali?" Saphira said quietly, putting the book she was reading down. She was alone now. "Where'd you go?" As if Kali would answer.

Sphira stepped out into the hallway, trying to spot her cat. She couldn't figure out why Kali loved to worry her. It was- There! She spotted a flash of orange black and white.

Kali examined the next compartment, and froze. There was a dog. A big dog, compared to Kali. She uttered a starnge "Merorw", which seemed like a cross between surprize and fear. Kali bolted, running straight past Saphira who was only a few steps away.

~Ozy~
May 8th, 2005, 09:07 AM
I stood, a little uncomfortable around the new arrival. Not unusual for me, but... I blushed a little and said (accent thicker than usual) "I must go change. Excuse me." I hurried out the door and found a small, secluded corner where I pulled into my school robes. They were a little tight around the shoulders, Father had gotten them several months in advance. I had no idea why.

I returned to the compartment, returning to my seat. I nodded cooly to the new arrival and said "I am Mikhail. I am pleased to meet you."

Raichu Master
May 8th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Alvender looked up from his laptop to see that Johann hadn't returned yet. With a sigh of frustration, Alvender shut the room's door and proceeded to change into his robes, they were nearing the castle and he needed to get everything going. "Well...here we go..." Alvender said as he unlocked the compartment door, but didn't open it. he sat back down with his hands folded on his lap and waited nervously to get off the train.

His father was the wizard in his family and he wanted Alvender to go to Hogwarts, like he did. His mother, who was a muggle, didn't like the idea of sending her son off to some far away land. Alvender had always written about magic and mystical beast, now he could get a hands on feel for it!

So why was he so nervous? The answer was obvious, at least to Alvender, he was homesick, and wanted to be back in his warm house with his loving parents. Large crowds, and people in general intimidated him, and he wasn't too fond about being jammed in with a train load of other students.

Nevertheless, Alvender was glad to find some private time to just sit down and get lost in his own thoughts. Something he hadn't done in awhile, since he found out that he was going to attend the wizarding school. It felt soothing to be sucked into the deep depths of his mind and just relax as he let his imagination run wild.

Jesus Freak Josh
May 8th, 2005, 11:40 PM
OOC: Whatzizname's laptop will die at some point. Remember electricity goes haywire at Hogwarts. I'm sure him and Joh will get along.

BIC:
After a while of Josh and Lauren talking, Josh got the urge to take a walk around.
"I'll talk to you soon and be back," Josh said to Lauren.
"Bye," she said.

Taking a look around, Josh noticed a boy and his laptop.
"Neat," he said walking over to him. "I'm Josh. You into computers too?"

Raichu Master
May 9th, 2005, 03:17 AM
OOC: Whatzizname's laptop will die at some point. Remember electricity goes haywire at Hogwarts. I'm sure him and Joh will get along.

BIC:
After a while of Josh and Lauren talking, Josh got the urge to take a walk around.
"I'll talk to you soon and be back," Josh said to Lauren.
"Bye," she said.

Taking a look around, Josh noticed a boy and his laptop.
"Neat," he said walking over to him. "I'm Josh. You into computers too?"

OOC: Alvender and Johann are best friends.

And his dad's a wizard, he wouldn't let Alvender bring his laptop just to have it cut off. The internet and his IM might not work but he'll at least have Microsoft word and Solitare to work with. XD

Jesus Freak Josh
May 9th, 2005, 03:21 AM
OOC: But everything goes haywire if it's electricity. If somehow laptops DON'T get cut off *turns to Skye* can my character have one?

Skye
May 9th, 2005, 08:58 AM
OOC: I don't see why not...but Batesy does have a point...electricity does go haywire at Hogwarts...that way Muggles can't find the castle or use their technology to do so. Might make an interesting plot twist though...I'll allow the laptops! :-P

IC:

"I think we're slowing down..." Andrew said, excitement rising in his voice.

"We must have reached the station," Cassidy agreed, and stood as the train pulled to a hault. She gathered her things as Kaze perched on her shoulder. Andrew followed suit. Cassidy tossed a small smile back at Mikhail before she found herself leading the group out of the train.

Making her way through the crowd of students, Cassidy found herself finally out of the train, and face to face with a huge, bushy-haired man with black, beady eyes.

"'llo there, little one," he said, laying a heavy hand atop her head. He smiled, but Cassidy was nearly sent to the ground with the weight of his massive hand. "You mus' be a firs' year, eh? Right this way then. By the by, the name's Hagrid, keeper of grounds and keys at Hogwarts."

He steered her through the crowd, Cassidy throwing anxious glances back to see if Andrew or Mikhail was following. Hagrid led her to the edge of the platform, a relatively clear spot. She watched all the veteran Hogwarts students make their way off the platform, and all the nervous first years standing around and looking awkward.

"All firs' years over 'here!" Hagrid's large voice called over the clamor.

Cassidy spied Andrew heading in her direction, wearing an excited grin. His eyes became huge when he saw Hagrid, but he approached the giant eagerly. Cassidy smiled with relief at having her brother at her side again. Despite their obvious differences, Cassidy loved him dearly.

Some more first year students made their way over, and Cassidy's eyes sought Mikhail. She hoped they would have a few classes together at least, maybe even be in the same house. There was something about him that she felt she could connect with...some kind of a mutual understanding on a subconcious level.

Kaze hooted softly in her ear, and Cassidy smiled. She sat quietly on her trunk, filled with uniforms, street clothes and gis, and waited patiently beside Hagrid and her brother.

~Ozy~
May 9th, 2005, 11:40 AM
In the confusion, I'd lost Cassidy briefly. Tho others, they were nice enough, but she... She, I knew I could trust above the others. I couldn't explain how I knew this, but I could. That much, I felt sure of. I followed the cries of a large man I assumed must be Hagrid. Father had complied a briefing for me. Perhaps Cassidy would be over there. Thankfully, she was. I smiled as I saw her, relieved.

Jesus Freak Josh
May 9th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Josh walked back to Lauren as he felt the train stop. He quickly ran to Lauren. "We gotta go!"
"Why?" she asked.
"We're there!"
"Oh," she said noticing Josh start to walk out. "Don't you need your stuff?"
"Nah," he said. "They have someone take it."

The two walked out to see group of first years. He could tell it was them because he could hear a loud voice telling them to gather around the giant who owned it.

Raichu Master
May 9th, 2005, 04:29 PM
OOC: I did hint at the fact that his father tweeked it. And I also said that Alvender would only be aloud to use microsoft word and salitare.

IC: Seeing that the girl completely ignored him, and walked passed him like he never even existed, Johann sighed and mumbled softly to himself. He hated being ignored, and made his way off the train.

Catching up with Alvender, Alvender noticed Johann's frustrated face, and asked, "Something wrong?"

"I tried to introduce myself to this one girl, you know tried to make a friend or two. The train stopped and she completely ignored me like I never even existed," Johann huffed sourly as he pointed into the direction of the girl.

"I heard someone address her as Cassidy. I could be wrong but that's what I heard," Alvender shrugged then added, "This is a big place, you'll be heartpressed to find anyone that ecknowledges you."

Johann looked at his with that mischievious grin and sparkle in his eye, and Alvender muttered under his breath, "Unless you do something stupid..." Johann caught what he said and winked at him as the loaded onto the boats.

Mari
May 9th, 2005, 06:10 PM
When Andy had asked where the siblings came from Kosuke reacted immediately and tightly gripped Sakura's hand. He vaguely shook his head and Sakura nodded knowingly. From there on, the two were as quiet as a mouse.

Not a moment sooner, the twins headed out to change, followed shortly by Mikhail. As soon as the twins had returned, already clad in their uniforms, Sakura and Kosuke went out and briefly changed. At their arrival, the train had reached its destination and all the students were already heading outside. The two merely tagged along whilst Sakura searched for her friends.

Her eyes twinkled as she spotted the vague silhouette of the two, and squeezed her way through the crowd. "Cassy, Andy!" She called ecstatically, waving her hand vigorously. "I thought we'd never see you again!" She giggled lightheartedly.

She gave a friendly wave to the said keeper of grounds and keys, and grinned oh-so-energetically. "Mm, I can't wait to get sorted! That would be so exciting!" She chirped, wrapping her petite arms on her brother's neck, nearly suffocating him. "Right, Brother?"

As if awaken from a daydream, Kosuke simply nodded. "Yeah." He cautiously eyed Hagrid, and then twins. His intense gaze seemed as though it penetrates into their soul. He wasn't usually cold towards his new friends, but no matter how quickly the younger got attached to them, he knew he had to be alert. There was something juststrange with them. Perhaps it was just him, but he had to be prepared. He had to protect her.

"So, you guys," Again, her voice was brimming with enthusiasm, "what house do you want to be in?"

Skye
May 9th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Andrew was twirling his wand absent-mindedly between his fingers as Sakura, Kosuke, and Mikhail rejoined them. He had noticed on the way to their destination that Mikhail had taken a liking to his twin, and he was careful not to look too protective. Cassidy could hold her own against a fairly decent-sized adult, but Andrew knew her vulnerability lay in her big heart

"What house do you want to be in?"

Andrew pondered Sakura's question for a moment, and then grinned.

"Gryffindor," he said boldly, and nodded. "Definitely."

Cassidy, who seemed to have been rather distracted by her shoes, despite Mikhail's presence beside her, looked over at Sakura with a small smile.

"I don't know...I suppose I'd be put in Hufflepuff though. I don't know how good I'll be at this whole magic thing..." she trailed off. Her hopes were for Ravenclaw. She hoped that she was clever and resourceful enough...

"Firs' years, foller me!" Hagrid called, leading them to the boats. It was time for the first years to make their traditional journey across the lake to the castle.

The twins looked at each other and their friends, and headed towards the boats, still chatting excitedly.

Jesus Freak Josh
May 9th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Lauren and Josh walked towards the boats and realised that there would have to be three to a boat.
Josh saw Andrew and ran over to him, Lauren walking behind.
"Andrew," he said. "Can me and Lauren go in a boat with you?"

~Ozy~
May 10th, 2005, 12:36 PM
I followed in silence, moving off in my own little world towards the boats. With a start, I realized I'd been asked a question. I said "I do not know. This Ravenclaw, it sounds relatively befitting me. Or perhaps Gryffindor. It is all up in the air, is it not?" I fell into step beside Cassidy and asked quietly "May I share a boat with you?"

Skye
May 10th, 2005, 02:36 PM
"Oh...sure..." Cassidy said to Mikhail meekly as she slid fliudly into one of the boats. Kaze hooted apprehensively on her shoulder. Cassidy looked over at Mikhail and smiled a little. A few other students hopped into the boat, their balance slipping occasionally. Cassidy watched silently as the boat filled up, hoping Mikhail would sit next to her...

Andrew meanwhile hopped expertly into a boat, looking back at his friends. He sat down, waiting as patiently as he could, and spied his sister in a boat across the way, looking at Mikhail. Andrew shifted warily in his seat, watching the two of them carefully.

~Ozy~
May 10th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I slid easily onto the bench seat next to Cassidy. My tone, though, didn't match the ease with which I took my seat. I mumbled "Thank you," my pale cheeks stained pink. Another student sat down next to me, forcing me to scoot over a little bit. My leg gently brushed against Cassidy's, only serving to fuel my blush as I mumbled again "I apologize."

Sumomo & Kotoko
May 10th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Umm, is it to late to join?

Skye
May 10th, 2005, 07:04 PM
OOC: Jump on in, Raven! ^_^

IC: "Ah...no problem," Cassidy mumbled stupidly, feeling her defenses shifting. She folded her hands in her lap and bit her lower lip. Her eyes wandered.

She spied Andrew in another boat as they made their way across the water. She locked eyes with her sibling for a moment, and thought she caught a flint of warning in his gaze. Her gaze shifted towards her feet as the boats neared their destination, and she took a deep, cleansing breath. The water made her nervous...

The boats made their landing none too soon for her. She made her way out of the boat easily, Kaze nuzzling her cheek comfortingly from her shoulder. She looked back for Mikhail, her robes swirling and snapping around her small frame in strict obediance to the wind that had begun to kick up.

Andrew made his way out of his boat quickly, seeking his sister. He caught up with her, his demeanor brisk and agitated. He had to admit he was nervous and apprehensive, but that confession would remain his own secret. He bit his lower lip, a habit he shared with Cassidy, and watched as they large wooden doors of the Hogwarts castle creaked open...

Jesus Freak Josh
May 10th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Josh and Lauren quickly reached the castle in their boat. It was a long and hard effort but the two made it.
They headed up the hills of Hogwarts and soon the large castle that Josh had read all about appeared before them in all its glory. The two walked up to the doors behind Andrew as they slowly opened.

Mari
May 10th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Dragging his hyperactive sister to a boat, Kosuke gazed at the massive silhouette of the Castle they were heading towards to. He couldn't prevent the eager grin from forming on his face. He had been waiting for this day forwho knows how long? His grin quickly faded, though, when he caught sight of the now more hyperactive girl. She was fiddling with the water, her upper body almost touching the lake.

"Stay in the boat, shorty." He ordered irately, pulling her upwards. He was prepared to block whatever she was going to throw on him, but she was too preoccupied staring at the castle. They had arrived moments later and the two quickly hopped off their boat, more than thrilled to enter the castle. Sakura couldn't contain her excitement at the sigh of the colossal doors, slowly opening.

"This is so cool, Brother!" She exclaimed as cheerily as ever. She was grinning ear-to-ear already, and she wasn't even inside.

Raichu Master
May 11th, 2005, 03:17 AM
Johann, who had the misfortune of sitting on a boat with the most hyperactive child he had ever seen. She reached over and almost fell into the water, bring the boats passengers with her! With a great sigh of relief Johann stumbled out of the boat, catching Alvender, right before he collapsed on the ground. "Alright there buddy?" Johann asked chuckling to himself.

"Not really," Alvender said weakly has he began to vomit. "I don't take boat rides well..." he added between gasps.

Johann scringed his nose back, he didn't like to see a person vomit, but it was his best friend, what was he supposed to do? Walk away? Not a chance! "Yeah, it wasn't the smoothest ride here was it?"

"No, it wasn't, I felt like I was going to die!" Alvender exclaimed, as he couldn't help but put a grin on his face when he saw Johann's goofy expression.

When the doors to the castle opened, both Alvender and Johann were at the end of the crowd, talking silently to each other about the different classes and what they were most excited about taking.

"Well here we go," Johann commented as the crowd eagerly shuffled into the castle.

Alvender then started to shake, he just realized the size of the castle, and the doors. He suddenly felt small and insignificant. His legs started to buckle underneath him, and right as he was about to fall, he was caught by Johann's reassuring arm. "Well we better get...um...going..." Alvender muttered nervously as he got to his feet and slowly followed after Johann, who was racing in like a child in a candy store.

~Ozy~
May 11th, 2005, 12:59 PM
I stepped smoothly from the boat and followed in the wake of Cassidy's passing, arms tucked behind my back and crossed over each other. Once inside the castle doors, I bumped into a pair of boys, ones I'd seen on the train. They couldn't seem more opposite, but friendship took odd paths. Or so my father said. I said "excuse me" and bowed slightly in apology.

Sumomo & Kotoko
May 11th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Really!? thanx! :D

Name: O'ren Ishii
Physical characteristics: O'ren Ishii (http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/Scan10002.JPG)
Personality: Serious and sarcastic. She makes fun of other kids but she doesn't mean to hurt them feeling wise.
Hobbies/Interests: Her interests are fighting (Jujutsu, Judo, and Aikido) and playing her violin.
Pet: A black rabbit named Keth.

Sorry about the devil picture thats with my other picture.
I don't know really when to come in.

Skye
May 11th, 2005, 03:11 PM
"First year students, follow me please!" a sharp, authoritative voice called from down the hall. A woman with a sharp face and tightly pulled back hair led them into a room. From across the hall, the first years could hear the clamor of the dinning hall. "In a moment, I'll be sending you into the hall to join your classmates, but right now, you'll all be sorted into your houses."

Cassidy found herself looking at a dusty old hat sitting upon a stool. It quivered at the mention of the sorting, or so she thought. The woman who had ushered them in went over to the hat and picked it up.

"I'll call you up by alphabetical order," the woman stated clearly, her voice reaching all corners of the room. "...Ishii, O'ren."

Cassidy looked over at Andrew, who had caught up to her. She smiled nervously at him and looked back for Mikhail. He bumped into a pair of boys, one of which she had seen on the train. There was something about the boy with the cowboy that was oddly familiar, like she had seen him in a past life or something. She shrugged, and watched Mikhail regain his steps, hopefully coming back to her side.

OOC: RP your character being sorted into the house. We'll go by alphabetical order. :)

~Ozy~
May 11th, 2005, 03:33 PM
I slipped my way through the crowd until I'd rejoined Cassidy. I gave her a small, one-sided grin and whispered "I am sorry for losing you. This crowd, it is hard to follow people in. I trust you are well?" Alphabetical order. I'd be waiting a while, then. So it went. Besies, I was more worried about what they'd think of the "foreigner."

Sumomo & Kotoko
May 11th, 2005, 03:56 PM
IC: O'ren walked up to where the women was standing with the hat. "Here, put this on, it will sort you to your house." O'ren put the very odd looking hat on. It started moveing. "Humm, this one will go in....Gryffindor!" the hat said loudly. The lady pointed to where the other Gryffindor's where standing "Go stand over there untell the rest of the kids have been sorted." O'ren walked over to where the kids were standing. The 'odd hat', as she called it, continued to sort the rest of the kids.

OOC: Lol, thats all I'ev got. :D

Raichu Master
May 11th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Johann and Alvender sat by themselves, and a young boy who was stocking the girl called Cassidy around, caught Johann's eye, and he just smirked a bit, and went back to talking to Alvender.

OOC: I really have nothing to say so...*waits patiently*

Skye
May 11th, 2005, 05:56 PM
OOC: Ack....Sorry RM...apparently I don't know my alphabet very well...forgive me?

IC: "MacDouglas, Andrew," the lady called. Andrew hurried up to the stool and took his seat. The sorting hat fell onto his head. He waited anxiously...

"Hmmm...this one belongs in Gryffindor!" the hat exclaimed, and Andrew felt a smile rush across his face. He hurried to join the rest of the first years who had been sorted into his house.

"MacDouglas, Cassidy," the lady called, though her voice was somewhat softer.

Cassidy had been trying to talk to Mikhail, and managed to say that she was, in fact, quite well, before she was called to the front of the room. She made her way deliberately to the front, each step purposeful and carefully placed. She sat on the stool silently, her head slightly bowed as the hat came down on her.

"Oh...this one's a bit diffecult..." the hat mused. Cassidy bit her lower lip. "Though I do believe she'll belong in Ravenclaw!"

Cassidy hopped down from the stool as the hat was removed from her head, and went to join the rest of her housemates. She waited patiently with them, casting glaces towards her brother and Mikhail. Andrew seemed disappointed that they would not be in the same house, much to Cassidy's suprise. She tried not to think about how competative they would get over the next few months, and concentrated on the rest of the sorting.

Sumomo & Kotoko
May 11th, 2005, 09:14 PM
IC: O'ren walked over to Andrew "Hi, I'm O'ren Ishii..." "as you heared from the loud lady up there with the hat" She said under her breath. "...and your Andrew I bleave. I was wondering if we could be friends?"

Raichu Master
May 12th, 2005, 02:58 AM
OOC: That's ok! ^^ Johann's is technically at the beginning of the alphabet...but I really wasn't going to say anything, it's not worth it. So go on and I'll fit in wherever I can. But I have to get ready for school, anyother time I'd post something, but I'm pressed for time right now.

Jesus Freak Josh
May 12th, 2005, 03:26 AM
"McScott, Joshua," the woman who was alphabetically getting the sorting of the children called out. Josh walked up and the hat was on his head.

'Interesting...' the hat said in his head. 'A bit of everything. You have the smarts. Even at those stupid Muggle laptops and computers. But you have that gentleness to go through to Hufflepuff. What's this? A bit of trickery? Slytherin, heh? Nah, ooh. A bit of courage and good heartness there. Alot of Gryffindor spirit...' without warning that hat shouted. "RAVENCLAW!"

The people at the Ravenclaw tables as Josh walked over.

"Niney, Lauren," the lady once again called.

As much as Josh would've liked to listen to this he was tapped on the shoulder by a black haired boy. He looked as though he were in fifth year. Although it showed he was at least that old since he had a Prefect badge.
"Hi," he said. "I'm Bob. Ravenclaw Prefect. I know you probably went to Diagon Alley. Correct?"
"Yes," Josh replied, still paying a little attention to Lauren.
"I dropped a bit of paper with a heap of words on it. Have you seen it?"
"This?" Josh asked taking the paper with passwords on it.
"Yes," Bob said. "You can keep it. Those are real passwords for portraits that I received in first year. You can keep them. You need them."
"Thanks, Bob," he said. "I hope I see you around more often."

"RAVENCLAW!" the hat yelled. Lauren jumped off the stool and walked to the table and sat next to Josh.

"Welcome," he said.
"Thanks," Lauren replied.

Midori Chi
May 12th, 2005, 01:27 PM
OOOH! This looks cool! Is it too late to join?

Raichu Master
May 12th, 2005, 05:45 PM
"Johann Sebastian Bach!" the teacher yelled as a loud cry of laughter broke out.

Johann sighed deeply, and started down the row and to the stool. Johann couldn't help but overhear some of the shouts, "Hey cowboy, can you play the piano!" and other shouts like it. Half of Johann wanted to grab at his cowboy and hide it under his cloak, and pretend that he wasn't what he was. The other half wanted to sucker punch the closest student. Johann decided that he wouldn't give them the pleasure of seeing either side, and continued walking pretending not to notice or care.

'First cowboy...' the hat said sarcastically as Johann muttered something inaudible. 'Easy there, lad! Just a simple jest. Let's see now...'

"Can you please hurry up?" Johann muttered to the hat as it combed through his memories, strengths, weaknesses, and personality. Johann could feel the stares of the other students, probably waiting to see which house got the loser cowboy with a composer name. At the thought, Johann left out a low and threatening growl.

'Well, I think I finally have it! You're blunt, and deadly honest, strong and there's a softness in you that can't be denied. A weakness maybe? A strength? You prefer fighting over diplomacy, and you're extremely rough around the edges. You'll be the first to stand up for what you believe in, that much is clear, but that'll get you in trouble soon enough. You don't take criticism well...and what's this? You don't like being a cowboy? Yet a cowboy is truly what you are. I'll leave you to that...but for now I say...' the hat started, the words seemed to cut Johann deep, and made him think, for the first time, about who he was. "RAVENCLAW!" the hat boomed suddenly, shocking Johann out of his deep thoughts.

Then came a mixture of laughter and applause as he got off the stool and headed for the Ravenclaw table, sitting at the far side of the half empty table, that was still waiting for more members throughout the list.

"Alvender McCollan!" the teacher boomed, after many other students had been sorted.

Snickers of laughter came from the slytherin table as they caught sight of how nerdy Alvender looked. Alvender turned bright red, he hated all this attention, and rather be curled up in a corner pretending not to exist! The only thing that kept Alvender moving was a voice that seemed to rise above the rest, it was Johann cheering him on. The only one here who was actually not concerned with the way he looked! He was truly a best friend!

'Alvender McCollan, you're a successful author that is for sure, many here enjoy your books, all are correct in their use of spells, and they way magic works. You'll be a fine wizard!' the hat said happily in Alvender's mind.

"Then why are they all snickering at me?" Alvender said in his usual shaky nervous voice, when he was uncomfortable.

'Tis only the slytherins! They wouldn't know a book if it him them in the face! That's it! I got it! You'll be in...' the hat added as it seemed to have taken a deep breath, preparing to yell something. "SLYTHERIN!" the sorting hat boomed.

Alvender could feel his heart sink as he looked over at the slytherin table...and with a deep sigh of grief, he shuffled over to his houses table.

Mari
May 12th, 2005, 06:33 PM
"Mikage, Kosuke!" The lady had called out, hurrying him to the stool.

Kosuke lazily ambled through the boisterous crowd, paying no heed to the lady rushing him. He plopped down on the assigned stool and impatiently waited for the hat to be placed upon his head.

Hot-tempered now, are we? The hat stated in tone that really annoyed Kosuke. And quite obnoxious as well, that's a step closer to Slytherin. Alas, you are a very witty kid, perfectly suitable for Ravenclaw. Hmm, let's see now The hat mused for what seemed like an eternity before shouting out "Slytherin".

He leaped off the stool and calmly walked over to the Slytherins. He briefly glanced at all the occupants sitting on the table before letting his lips curve downward into a grim frown. Certainly she would not end up with him now.

Shaking off his thoughts, he managed to put on a smirk at the girls who were oh-so-pleased to have him in their house. He also gave a nod at the sort of bookworm looking guy, and then switched his attention to the next first year to be sorted.
[:/~ /: ]
"Mikage, Sakura!"

It was her turn and she was brimming with enthusiasm, as always. She just about bounced through the hallway and immediately sat down on the stool. She beamed brightly as the sorting hat was position on her head and waited breathlessly for the outcome.

Calm down there, The hat said, apparently amused at Sakura's optimism. Clearly, you are very energetic, and I see audacity within you. Granted you are young, but it is apparent that you are none too bright, hastily acting without thinking, which crosses out Ravenclaw.

Sakura could see the sly look on her brother's face; she pouted. She perfectly knew what he was thinking, "That's right, I knew Ravenclaw would not be a choice for you."

The hat continued shortly, after pondering for a moment, too brave for a Hufflepuff and too nave for a Slytherin, that only leaves"Gryffindor!" Grinning, Sakura happily jumped off the stool and rushed to where the Gryffindors were, thanking all those who welcomed her. She then childishly poked Andy, thrilled to be with a friend.

"Hiya~!" She greeted, giggling like mad.

Skye
May 13th, 2005, 05:41 AM
OOC: it's not too late....you can still join!!

IC: Andrew smiled as Sakura came to join him and the rest of the Gryffindors. He supressed a giggle when Sakura poked him, keeping his weakness hidden, at least for the time being. His fellow housmates seemed excited to have them, and he felt rather at home. He glanced over at Cassidy, who was quite busy biting her lower lip and looking at Mikhail. Andrew rolled his eyes and turned back to Sakura as the Sorting continued.

"I'm so glad I got into Gryffindor....how about you?" he asked excitedly.

~Ozy~
May 13th, 2005, 01:53 PM
<OOC>Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and go, seeing as how Saphi hasn't posted in a few days.<OOC>

"Sorchevsky, Mikhail!" I groaned inwardly as I heard cackles from one of the tables. No hiding it now. I was foreign. A little angry, I shot a glare at the table that was busy laughing at me as I passed. Sitting on the stool, I settled the hat around my head. It was sized for an adult and slid down over my eyes.

Interesting... a voice resounded through my head. What?! I snapped back mentally, still a little angry. You too will laugh at my heritage? The hat seemed defensive as it said No, no, not that. That is irrelevant. What I mean is your mind. You seem... torn between a quiet scholar's life and the far more brutal path of a fighter. There's no doubting your mental capacity, but you don't seem to want to use it. So too, do you not give into your passions or anger, though your bonds to the few close to your heart are unquestionable. Still, I think that you know the latter. You would fit best in RAVENCLAW!!!

Sighing with relief that I wouldn't be stuck with the ones who'd laughed at my name, I got up and strode over to the Ravenclaw table, sliding onto the bench seat next to Cassidy, flashing her a quick grin.

Raichu Master
May 13th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Johann glanced over with interest as a stranger was being sorted. The teacher had called him by Mikhail Sorchevsky. Looks like he was going to be sharing a dorm with the boy afterall. Johann had to admit, there was a reason he kept a keen eye on Mikhail, but he wasn't sure why he was being so cautious. I mean, he hasn't even met the guy yet!

Johann chuckled inwardly as Mikhail gave the Cassidy girl a quick grin. For one so new to the area, he was sure taking a liking to Cassidy.

With a sigh to regain his composure, Johann got up and dusted himself off, even though there was nothing to be found. He straightened his cowboy hat, showing to anyone who was watching, that he was proud of who he was. Then he started over toward Cassidy and Mikhail, although he was more interested in meeting the boy than the girl. He figured he might as well make some friends now, since Alvender was not in the same house.

"Howdy," Johann said as he sat down on the other side of Mikhail, hoping he wasn't interupting the romance. "The name's Johann Sebastian Bach, folks back home call me Johann!" he added as he extended a hand for Mikhail to shake.

Alvender caught the young boy's nod, and swallowed hard, hoping that that nod didn't mean that Alvender was the guys next target, as he knew that that was most of the Slytherins intentions. Still Alvender gave a polite nod, and wondered if it was worth talking to the boy, who he recalled being named Kosuke Mikage. With a sigh, Alvender folded his arms, and rested his head on them, watching as the other students were sorted.

Skye
May 14th, 2005, 05:19 AM
Cassidy broke out into a broad smile as Mikhail was sorted into Ravenclaw. She watched him travel across the floor to the Ravenclaw table. She was glad that he retained a proud posture despite the snickers and chuckles that followed his name. She was reminded of her first day of school in Japan, and how everyone had snickered and looked at her funny too. She had vowed to herself never to treat anyone like that.

"Congrats, Mikhail," she said cheerfully, finally allowing her personality to show through her timidness. She spied the boy with the cowboy hat making their way towards them, and she raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

Andrew, meanwhile, sat at the Gryffindor table. He kept part of his attention on Mikhail and Cassidy, but most of his attention was on Sakura, hoping to make some conversation and get his mind off his sister.

~Ozy~
May 14th, 2005, 05:27 AM
"Thank you" I whispered to Cassidy, then turned to face Johann. I took the hand he'd extended in a firm grip. "I am called Mikahil" I began. "But then, you alrready knew that did you not? My name it is about... Well, about as uncommon as yours."

Raichu Master
May 14th, 2005, 06:07 AM
"I think we're going to have a rough year," Johann chuckled out loud with a grin on his face. "I really ain't complaining, it'll be entertaining to see how people handle a cowboy and a Russian." he gave the students who were still staring at him a wicked grin and winked at them. With another hearty laugh he looked back at the two. "So...Mikhail...do you fight?"

~Ozy~
May 14th, 2005, 07:04 AM
I raised an eyebrow at Johann and replied "Do I? No, not often. Can I? Yes. My father taught me Sambo, the Russian martial art." I glanced over at the students who'd laughed at me. Slytherins, I supposed. "If they harass me, I could give you a demonstration."

Raichu Master
May 14th, 2005, 08:14 AM
'My kind of guy,' Johann said to himself as he just chuckled and shook his head. "They can't be that stupid to harass anyone right now, not out in the open. They'll corner someone and then start somethin'. That's just like folk like themselves," Johann said out loud to Mikhail. "I personally don't go looking for fights usually. But when someone rubs me the wrong way, it's a fight or flight. And I can guarentee the only ones that will be doin' the flyin' are my enemies!" Johann chuckled heartily, hoping that they shared some humor as well.

Mari
May 14th, 2005, 08:16 AM
"Of course!" Sakura exclaimed loudly as ever, although a little calmer than before. "Gryffindor is my favorite out of the houses!"

She noticed that he appeared bothered with something; perhaps his sister? Curious, she briefly glanced at the Ravenclaw, checking if anything was muddled. "Did something happen with Cassy?" She asked, finally, unable to hold her teeming curiosity any longer. Cassidy was being very cheerful, that should be good news.

Kosuke, after shooting another glance at the younger Mikage, raised his eyebrow, rather tauntingly, at the boyAlvender, was it? He found it rather amusing how he ended up with the Slytherins. Poor kid.

Granted he wasn't planning on doing anything to him, but it was worth seeing how frightened he will be with his gestures.

Raichu Master
May 14th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Alvender sighed, he wasn't really paying attention to what anyone was doing, he was too busy playing with his food. Alvender silently hummed an irish drinking song, he was half irish and his father was a proud full-blooded irishman. He sighed once more missing his home, and waited to go to bed, he could barely stay awake.

Skye
May 14th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Cassidy blinked a few times, suprised that Johann had asked outright about fighting. It almost made her cringe, discussing one's strength in front of others. She absently toyed with the potatoes on her plate with a fork, keeping her eyes on her food, but her ears open.

She looked over at Andrew and smiled contentedly at him. Though she was the older of the two by a few short minutes, Andrew had always taken to caring for her like an older brother, probably because he had always been bigger than she. He was just being protective...Mikhail was alright, and they both knew it. He just didn't want to see her hurt...

Her ears picked up a few sny remarks from the Slytherins, but she paid them little heed. She was looking foward to settling down in her room, and exploring the grounds a little bit early in the morning before classes started up. She took a few bites of potatoes and ham, and listened to the ripples of conversation around her.

Andrew, a little suprised by Sakura's question, brought his full attention back to her. Her question was like a snap back to reality. What was he so worried about? Mikhail seemed like a good person...he shook his head, and took a bite of potatoes.

"I dunno..." he half-mumbled. "Just over protective of her I guess?"

He kind of chuckled and looked over at Sakura.

"It's going to be a fun year though! I'm looking foward to it at least. Cass is a little worried I think, but she'll lighten up once she gets comfortable," Andrew shrugged.

Raichu Master
May 14th, 2005, 05:54 PM
"Cassidy, is it?" Johann asked, the smile on his face disappeared, replaced with a serious, yet with a hint of respect, expression. "I tried to introduce myself on the train, but you walked passed me like I didn't exist. I figir ya don't like me much, do ya?" Johann added with a sneer. With a tip of his cowboy hat he got up from his seat and started, "While I'll see ya around Mikhail. I have no intention of stayin' where I ain't wanted."

With that he started off toward the Slytherin table, and toward his best friend. "How ya doin' there bud?" Johann asked as he sat down on the other side of the table, ignoring all the glares from the students.

"To tell the truth...these guys are scaring me?" Alvender admited under his breath, but loud enough so that only Johann could catch it.

"These guys can't do anything to you, Al," Johann started, but felt a tapping on his shoulder. Johann shrugged it away, and opened his mouth to say something but felt someone tug at him by his collar. With a sigh of annoyance, Johann let himself be forced to his feet.

"What do you think you're doing?" a boy growled, obviously from Slytherin by his dress, and obviously not a first year by the command in his voice.

"Talking to my friend. I don't want any problems here, but I'm warning you," Johann growled as his hands tightened into a fist, and his eyes narrowed.

A burst of laughter came from behind the slytherin, it seemed the punk had some goons to watch his back. "Warning me? What are you going to do, cowboy? Hog-tie me?" the boy countered, drawing laughs from half of the table.

Johann's head was now visible red, and his face was twisted at the slytherin's mockery. Anger raged up within him, at the very mention of his heritage, and he had half a mind to punch the living daylights out of the guy. That half of his mind got the best of him, and he let his right fist fly, straight toward the slytherin's jaw. It promptly stopped a few inches in front of the boy who had visibly flinched as he closed his eyes, perparing to be hit.

A firm hand had stopped him, Johann looked at his wrist, and found four slip pale fingers, that could only belong to one person. "Not here, Johann. You're an idiot to start something in front of the whole school," Alvender muttered in his ear, trying to calm him down.

Johann yanked his fist loose and growled angerly at his friend, even though he knew Alvender was right. "Fine!" he muttered and stared at the three boys to make the next move.

"Get away from here, cowboy," the slytherin sneered, obviously feeling the superior of the two. Anger burned in Johann's eyes, he had had it with this boy, and someone needed to shut him up. Johann turned around, and before the slytherin could counter, Johann's fist was in the boy's face.

Johann lounged forward as the slytherin stumbled backwards, attempting to finish what he started, but he frooze in mid-air. Johann managed to turn his head, and found a tall man, with a long silver beard, stand up from the middle of the teacher table. His wand was raised, and Johann knew that the wizard had paralyzed him, obviously couldn't conjure the spell in time to stop the punch so he stopped Johann before it could get any worse.

Johann let out another growl, as the half giant, Hagrid, came up beside him and wrapped his huge arms around Johann. Hagrid then promptly carried the cowboy out of the Great Hall, toward Professor Snape's office to be correctly punished after party, since Johann had attacked one of his students.

~Ozy~
May 14th, 2005, 07:11 PM
I snorted with laughter, watching Johann. The Slytherin had deserved it, a pity the rules forced otherwise. I finally turned my attention to the food. Much of it looked too light for my tastes, but this English stuff, it was always like that. I loaded my plate with some mashed potatos and a steak.

Glancing over at Cassidy, I said "I am afraid, my friend, that I do not know much about you. So, might I ask, what has made you who you are?" It was akwardly framed, I knew. I kicked myself mentally for posing the question so poorly.

Skye
May 14th, 2005, 08:49 PM
"I am afraid, my friend, that I do not know much about you. So, might I ask, what has made you who you are?"

Cassidy, who had managed to suppress the urge to roll her eyes at the scene that had just taken place between Johann and a Slytherin, found her attention returned to Mikhail as he posed the question. She looked rather thoughtful for a moment, biting her lower lip and pushing the food around on her plate.

"I guess...well..." she started dumbly, and tried to muster up some confidence. "I was brought up in Japan...Andy and I both were. My father was stationed there when we were five. I guess that's where I get my drive to succeed...it's kind of contagious over there. Everyone works so hard all the time...and the rest of me?"

She paused, her fork poised in the air near her mouth. She took the bite of potato, set the fork down, and returned her eyes to Mikhail's face.

"My father is a very accomplished martial artist, specializing in the area of Shotokan," she explained. I've studied under him since I could walk...I guess that explains the rest of me," she tried to brush it off as nothing, as simply something that she was, though it made up most of who she was, and made her quite the atypical eleven year old at that. She tried not to think about the black belt, neatly folded and placed in her trunk that awaited her arrival in the morning. She did not like to boast of her accomplishments. Her triumphs remained part of a very personal journey...especially after the incident that nearly cost her her life. She pushed the memory aside, not because it was painful, but because it was a mistake learned from. The knowlege had already been gained.

Her clear blue eyes had wandered again, looking off in the distance, as if at a fond memory. She smiled a little, and then returned to the present, looking over at Mikhail once more.

"That's all really, I guess," she shrugged. "I play a little music, and I surf..."

Feeling a little awkward, Cassidy returned her attention to her plate and hoped Mikhail didn't think she was too odd.

Mari
May 14th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Sakura nodded, letting out another childish giggle. "That's a good thing, then! Brothers and sisters should always stick out for each other."

She took a quick sip on her drink and watched as she finally saw the little brawl taking place. A Ravenclaw and a Slytherin? She always thought that Gryffindors and Slytherins were foes, and that Ravenclaw are too witty to engage a fight.

She couldn't help but be thrilled as she watched the fight, and ended up pouting when the fight was stopped. "It seemed like a good one, too." She muttered to herself, watching as the boy was taken to obtain punishment. Shaking off her thoughts, she turned back to Andrew, beaming.

"Look at Cassy," She whispered softly with a slight giggle as she pointed at the Ravenclaws, "You don't have to worry. She looks like she's having fun."

Kosuke rolled his eyes at the Ravenclaw, mouthing "showoff". Taking a fight against someone, just moments after arriving at the school, that was smart. He rolled his eyes again, taking his mind off the rather idiotic play, and shot a quick glance at the ecstatic Mikage. By the look on her face, one could immediately tell how fond she was with her new found friends. He didn't like it one bit; they were still strangers.

Jesus Freak Josh
May 14th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Josh and Lauren were getting pretty tired of the idiocy going around the hall. It was getting too tedious.
"I'm off to bed," he said. "Wanna come?"
"Nah," she said. "I'll come later. Good night."

Josh walked off, pulling the list of passwords out and taking a look at them. 'Okay,' he said in his head. 'One of these will take me right up to the Ravenclaw Common Room. Okay. Go to the painting with just plain bricks on it on the first floor.'

Josh looked around. He found it! It was pretty dull. Just plain bricks lying around. He walked up to it. '[/I]Three bricks up - two across.[/I]' he counted and tapped. The painting opened and Josh climbed into the dull entrance. He walked in through the entrance, up a flight of stairs, down a flight and up another staircase to achieve his destination of the Ravenclaw painting. It was a picture of Rowena in her early days.
"Ahhh..." she said in a common British accent. "Another first year."
"Yes, Miss Ravenclaw,' he said. "I'm Josh."
"Hello," she said. "Welcome to Ravenclaw. As you know I am Rowena. To enter you need a password," Josh hung his head down. How could he have been so stupid to not know to get a password. "But since you're new and I know you are in Ravenclaw I'll just give you trivia. Normally it's trivia and a password for extra security. But enough chit-chat. How many times did Gwendelin the Weird allow herself to be captured?"
Josh pondered this question. He had read it up before he had come. "Thirty seven?"
"You are correct."

Josh walked in to the Common Room. Some yellow chairs by the fire, two staircases on different sides of the room, and tables. Josh sat down and took out his own laptop. All it had was Notepad, backups of his school books, Anti-Virus, and alot of security so no one could hack. Josh knew alot about Muggle technology as he learnt alot at a Muggle school. He had also been on the internet and had it when he wasn't at Hogwarts. He was not stupid enough to post things about witches and wizards, and certainly about Hogwarts on there. He knew all Muggle technology went haywire when it was at Hogwarts. That's why, beforehand, he developed a chip to avoid that problem. It was lucky. He hadn't had a chance to test it before. At least he knew it worke.d

Lauren was finishing off her meal when she felt a sharp pain in her arm. She had aquired a bite before she had come from a wolf. She got the feeling it was a werewold, however. She walked up to a teacher. The same teacher who was sorting the students. She had her grey hair tied in a bun. Lauren knew this was Professor McGonnagal, the second one in authority next to Dumbledore.
"Professor," she said. "I have a sharp pain in my arm. A wolf bit me a few days ago..."
The Professor looked a bit grim. "I shall take you to the Hospital Wing."
"Thanks."

Raichu Master
May 15th, 2005, 09:44 AM
"What were you thinking!" Professor Snape's voice yelled as he stocked into his office to deal with the young boy.

Johann's jaw was locked firmly in place, and he refused to speak a word. He didn't care that he was being punished, all he cared was that that slytherin got what he deserved! 'Besides the slytherin picked the fight...I was just finishing it...' Johann snapped bitterly, taking caution not to speak what he was thinking.

"Do you have any idea what you've done?" Professor Snape went on after a few moments of silence.

'Yes,' Johann said in his mind, but put on a fake smile and said, "No, professor. He was harrassing me and I was just making him stop."

"100 points from Ravenclaw, for starting the fight in the first place and purposefully injuring a student!" Snape hissed. Johann let out a long drawn out sigh, to fake that he was dissappointed. "A semisters worth of detention with me, after school!" he hissed again after seeing Johann's reaction to the point deficit.

"What?" Johann snapped, to him it wasn't fair, the kid started it! "You aren't aloud to do this, are you?" he protested, jumping out of his seat.

Snape sneered at Johann in delight. "My students, my punishment," Professor Snape said slowly.

"I'll make sure to hit someone else the next time..." Johann muttered under his breath, but not soft enough, because Snape heard it.

"I'm sure the other teachers wouldn't be too happy if you did the same thing to one of their students. They'd probably more harsh than myself. So be lucky you only have me to deal with," Snape said in that cool wicked voice of his, which made Johann's skin crawled. "You'll stay here with me for now, I'll take you to you're house, before curfew," Professor Snape said with a wicked smile.

Alvender sighed, as he sat back in his seat and started to play around with his food. Why did Johann have to be so quick to fight? 'Johann should be in Slytherin, and I should be in Ravenclaw...but why did the hat sort us differently?' Alvender wondered as he got lost in deep thought and tried to find a reasonable answer.

"Excuse me," a voice spoke up, snapping Alvender out of his thoughts. Alvender looked up to see a girl standing on the other side of the table. Alvender had to admit, the red headed girl was pretty cute, probably a 3rd year, judging from the fact that she apparently looked older.

"Uh...hello..." Alvender answered, as a slight blush rose in his cheeks, he wasn't used to anyone but Johann talking to him, and seeing as how the only other person here to talk to him was of the opposite gende made him more than nervous. "M...may I help you?" Alvender asked as his eyes met the table, trying not to look into her brown.

"You're Alvender McCollan, am I right in saying so?" she asked, a confident tone to her voice told Alvender that she knew exactly who he was.

Alvender's eyes widened in shock as she slid a book under his nose, and when he looked up at her, he realized that the girl was a slytherin. What was a slytherin doing with one of his books? The sorting hat said that Slytherin were illiterate! Or was that just a jest? "Y...yes, I'm Alvender McCollan. The sorting hat...um...said that Slytherin's didn't read much. So excuse me if I seem a bit shocked," Alvender stammered, avoiding her gaze.

"'tis ok. Slytherin's get that a lot. Most of us are like that, but there are a few of us with a head on our shoulders," the girl replied, with a gentle smile across her face. "Can I have your autograph? I've read all of your books, you're a really good author. I always wondered if the author knew how to use magic, because it's all correct," she said this time it was her turn to show some hesitation, obviously she wasn't very good at asking questions, probably afraid of feeling dumb.

"Um...sure..." Alvender said, foreigning a smile on his face, to hide his nervousness, and to reassure the girl that it wasn't a dumb question. Alvender got a pen out of his pocket and looked up to her and asked, "What's your name?"

"Erica Vanquez," the girl said bitting her lower lip. "A couple of my friends would like to meet you sometime, we're all big fans of your writing," she continued, as she watched Alvender autograph her book.

Alvender looked dumbstruck, he couldn't believe what he was hearing. He knew his books were good, he was one of New York Times best seller's, but it never really occured to him that he was famous, or even had any fans. "Sure, Maybe tommorrow at lunch, or breakfast, or...um...whenever," Alvender replied, trying to shake off his previous thoughts.

"Thanks! I really appriciate it, and I'm sure the others will as well," Erica said with a broad smile, but then her expression grew solemn.

"What's the matter?" Alvender asked, trying his hardest to come out of his shell.

"How was that guy you were with?" Erica asked lamely.

"Oh, that's Johann. He's my best friend," Alvender said plainly.

"He better watch out, there is a lot of talk that he might be put into the hospital wing soon. Some slytherin's are planning things," Erica admitted as she closed her eyes.

Alvender chuckled to himself, it seemed odd to laugh without Johann. "You don't have to worry about him. He may seem irrational, but he wasn't put in Ravenclaw for no good reason. Believe it or not there is a cautious side to him. He probably knows they're after him," Alvender said with a friendly wink. He wasn't worried about Johann, he was more than capable than handling himself.

"Well you might want to try and reason with some of the guys in Slytherin on his behalf. He may be a good fighter, but he couldn't possibly take on more than 2 or 3 at one time," Erica countered with genuine worry.

Alvender thought it odd that a Slytherin was this genuine, Slytherin's always were the sly type, so he wasn't letting his guard down for just a pretty face. Behind those eyes there had to be a sly motive. She had to be planning something...right...afterall she is a slytherin.

Skye
May 16th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Andrew looked over at Sakura as she commented about the fighting. He scrunched his face in distaste at the fight. He wondered briefly how long he and Cassidy would hold out before they got into a tiff, but tried not to think about it.

"Look at Cassy," She whispered softly with a slight giggle as she pointed at the Ravenclaws, "You don't have to worry. She looks like she's having fun."

Andrew nodded, and took a bite of food. He chewed thoughtfully and tried to keep his attention on something besides his sister.

"What do you do for fun?" he asked Sakura curously, and noticed as he looked around, that the feast was beginning to wrap up.

Raichu Master
May 17th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Alvender got out of his seat and started out of the Great Hall with the rest of the slytherins as they made their way to their dorms. A few girls and even fewer guys stopped him to ask him if he was the Alvender McCollan.

~Ozy~
May 17th, 2005, 12:57 PM
I sighed inwardly as I too turned my attention back to my plate. Conversation had never been a strong suit of mine. I'd never really cared about that either, until tonight at leeast. I had an inkling that we both had much more to say than we let on. I transferred another hunk of meat to my plate and ripped into it.

Skye
May 17th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Cassidy watched some upper classmen head out of the Hall, towards the dormitories, she guessed. The entire Slythering table appeared to be moving. She looked up at the staff table. Dumbledore was watching the students leave, a calming contentment in his eyes. He caught her eye and smiled, and Cassidy felt her cheeks flush pink at the attention. She finished the last of her food, and looked over at Mikhail.

"All first years, please follow the Prefects to your dormitories. Have a wonderful night's rest, and good luck with classes!" Dumbledore said cheerfully.

"Shall we then?" Cassidy asked Mikhail with a smile. She got up from the table, and feeling a bit more adventurous, she asked him, "so you study martial arts to? Are yougoing to practice at all while you're here at Hogwarts?"

~Ozy~
May 17th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Standing, I fell into step beside Cassidy and replied "Da" without thinking. Realizing this, I shook my head and stuttered "I... I mean... Yes. Yes I am. Though I prefer other activities."

Raichu Master
May 17th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Alvender settled back in a corner of the common room, his glasses began to slip down his nose, he didn't bother push them up, he was too stuffed to move, he was surprised he even made it up here. Moaning, Alvender took out a sheet of paper, and continued the next installment for his epic series The Barbarian Trilogy.

"Is that you're new book?" a boy asked as he walked up to the lone Slytherin.

"Yeah," Alvender sighed, not bothering to look up from his paper. The boy snatched the paper, or in this case, papers and flung them into the fire. Alvender jumped up from his chair and yelled, "Do you have any idea what you did!?" It was probably the first time Alvender has ever talked above a whisper, he even shocked himself, he was never known to yell.

"Only nerds right books. And if you're in slytherin, you can't be doin' that stuff!" the slytherin laughed. Looking around, he saw that the others were laughing also, but a few were on there feet outraged as well. He noticed that the group of girls that were staring at him from the other side of the room, were the first ones to their feet.

"How would you know, you uneducated illiterate baffoon of a human being!?" Alvender shot back. Alvender couldn't believe himself, was it really him? If it was, he was amazed, he normally would have crawled into a corner. He reasoned that some of Johann was rubbing off on him.

Alvender just bit his lip, it was too late to back down. The next Alvender knew, he had jumped onto his chair to dodge a blow to the head. He lost his balance and almost fell on his face, but he held strong and caught himself.

Alvender's eyes widened as the boy's fist quickly recovered, and was about to hit him square in the face, there was nothing he could do.

The girl that spoke up to him at the feast, stepped in the way and took the hit, falling hard to the floor. Before Alvender could stop himself, he found himself grabbing at the slytherin's collar. Although the boy was far too heavy for Alvender to lift, he felt he had a firm hold, to get his point across. "Don't ever, ever hit a girl again!" he roared in the boy's face.

Dumbstruck by who he hit, obviously his girlfriend, by the way he reacted, was in no postion to disagree with Alvender's reasoning, or in this case threat. He stumbled backwards, bringing Alvender with him. Alvender clumsily tripped over the girls fallen body and landed just as hard on her, drawing a moan of pain from both.

Alvender looked down at the girl, he eye was already black and blue, and her nose was bleeding. Alvender scrambled to help her up and get himself up at the same time, causing her to get to her feet, and Alvender to slip up and fall again.

Alvender sighed as he hoisted himself up, and dusted the dust from the floor from his robes. He was happy to her a giggle escape the girl, apparently he did something right.

Skye
May 17th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Cassidy smiled as Mikhail replied to her in his native tongue. She wondered briefly how long it would take before she slipped up and starting speaking Japanese.

"Me too...but at the same time I don't think I could live without practicing," she said quietly, her tone somewhat serious. "It helps me focus, and keep in shape..."

She shurgged and followed the rest of her classmates through the entrance to the Ravenclaw common room. While most of them went to their respective dormitories, Cassidy found herself drawn to the fireplace, and looked over at Mikhail.

"I think I'm going to go practice early tomorrow before classes," she said, the glow of the fire playing softly about her fair face and hair. "You're welcome to join me if you want. Do you sparr?"

Raichu Master
May 18th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Professor Snape dismissed Johann, after hearing word that a fight had broke out. Johann fell in line with the other Ravenclaws as they made their way to the common room. Johann didn't particularly care for anyone in his house at the moment. The only two people he met were Cassidy and Mikhail, but he decided not to interupt their conversation and kept on walking. He had enough attention drawn to him for one night, all he want to do was go to bed.

"What's going on here?" Professor Snape snapped as he entered the Slytherin common room.

"That Alvender boy punched Erica!" the boy who threw Alvender's papers into the fire replied.

"Don't lie!" came Erica's voice from the corner, from behind a wall of friends that were crowded around to see how much damage the boy did to her. "Jordan, threw Alvender's book he was working on into the fire!" Erica started pointing back at the boy. "As you may know Alvender McCollan is a very successful author!" Erica clarified.

"And so he took it out on you, Ms. Vanquez?" Snape asked, literally confused by the matter, but not hinting at it.

"No, he called Jordan an uneducated illiterate baffoon of a human being, and he tried to punch him. Alvender jumped onto the chair, before he had time to react, Jordan came in again, I jumped into the way and took the hit. Alvender was the first one to my aid." Erica cleared up once again.

Alvender was greatful that Erica stood up for him, by now Johann was wearing off on him, and he had no more energy left to stand up for himself. In fact he was on his feet ready to be punished.

"I see..." Professor Snape hissed as he turned is firey eyes on Jordan Gegor. "you will be serving detention with Mr. Bach, for a whole semester, I think you two should me. You both would get along nicely!"

Jesus Freak Josh
May 18th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Josh finished off with his laptop and tried to hide somewhere. He didn't want people to think he was up there all night. He heard Rowena speaking to them. He ran upstairs to what appeared to be the Boys Dormitory for First Years. He opened the door. The door! He hid behind it and waited.

~Ozy~
May 18th, 2005, 02:35 PM
I had to admit, the offer was attractive. It had been a while since I'd had a good match except against Father (and my, but he was brutal!). Besides, it was more time spent with Cassidy, and that was an attractive notion by itself. On the other hand, the reason I didn't do much sparring related to my last partner. According to the most recent information, he was still going through physical therapy for his shoulder. Still... I replied with a small smile, saying "I would enjoy that."

Raichu Master
May 18th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Johann caught most of Mikhail and Cassidy's conversation, although he didn't mean to. He couldn't help the adrenaline rush of the word "spar", he manage to keep his outward excitement unnoticeable, since he wasn't invited. So he kept moving to get into the front of line. He was already in trouble for fighting, and didn't want another teacher after him. A semster's worth of detention was worse enough.

"Howdy," Johann greeted as he caught sight of a Ravenclaw boy who was sitting in the corner of the common room. He was pretty tough and extremely well muscled. He was probably a 6th year student, judging from how old he looked.

"Hello," the boy answered, seemingly uninterested in talking to Johann, probably because of what happened at the feast.

"The name's Johann, what's yours?" Johann asked, pushing for a conversation, he refused to go to bed without making at least one new friend.

"William Beckenlong (that's right! Will's back too! MWAHAHAHA!), you can call me Will. Everyone does," Will said ask he folded his arms, and proped his feet up on a desk, trying his hardest not to talk to Johann.

"You aren't a first year, right? How old are you?" Johann asked, pushing even harder for some sort of casual conversation, trying to be friendly, without seeming pushy, but it failed miserable, and Will could tell exactly why he was pushing.

"Listen. I'm not very fond of talking to bullies. I despise them," Will spat sharply, as he flexed his oversized muscles hoping to intimidate Johann.

"I wasn't my fault! You better believe if someone has a problem with me and aren't afraid to back it up, they're going to get my fist in their face," Johann said bluntly, as he puffed out his chest, trying to seem superior.

"Listen, buddy. I'm 17, and these muscles are all natural, and if you want me to back up my problem with you. Don't say I didn't warn you," Will grumbled as he stood up tall, towering about a foot above Johann and out weighing him and complete muscle mass by at least twice.

Johann, didn't take too kindly to challenges against him, so he took a test swing and tried of his gut. Will was as quick as he was strong, and caught Johann's fist with ease. Whipping him around, he put him in a half nelson and lifted him off his feet.

This was unreal never had he been defeated so quickly, the move didn't even hurt! he perfectly executed the move, bringing no damage or pain whatsoever to Johann. Will didn't need to use strength to prove his point.

Johann looked around, and the students didn't even pay attention. Apparently Will had a reputation here of putting people in their places really quick.

"I understand you're frustration, I was like you when I first came here. I felt like I was invincible, like I could do anything. Let me advise you not to do anything stupid here, you'll learn that this school has zero tolerance for mischeif," Will said as he let Johann down to the ground slowly. Walking passed Johann, he sat down with a group of people, and conversed quietly with them.

Johann huffed, and sat down on the seat Will had been sitting on to think of his advice, and how easily Will lifted him. Of course he weighed all of 95 pounds, making Will about 190 pounds of muscle. Johann was too stubborn to admit that he was defeated, he excused it as he wasn't prepared.

Skye
May 18th, 2005, 07:19 PM
"Great," Cassidy said with a small smile, as Mikhail agreed to spar with her the next morning. "It's been a while since I've sparred too. Andrew's usually my partner, but we can read each other like a book...it's really no fun anymore."

She shrugged again as if it weren't a big deal. Though an accomplished martial artist, she never considered herself as such. It was just what she was, as simple a fact as that she was a girl.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning then....around 6 or so here in the common room?" she suggested, realizing how tired she was as the turkey caught up to her.

Raichu Master
May 19th, 2005, 05:02 PM
"Well I'm going to go to bed...big day in the morning..." Alvender muttered more to himself than the group of students gathered around him to discuss his books.

"Alright, see you in the morning," they all called, to Alvender's disbelief, he could have swore he said that in his mind.

Either way Alvender stubbed clumsily up to bed and found his lugguage already up and unpacked for him. Soon he fell asleep to thoughts of nothing really, he found the quickest way to get to sleep was to clear the mind of all thoughts.

~Ozy~
May 19th, 2005, 06:18 PM
"I will look forward to it" I replied, a devilish grin spreading across my face. For the first time in years, my other side, the dangerous, rougish Mikhail was showing through. "We had best get to bed, though" I added reluctantly. "Goodnight, my friend. Sleep well." I turned and moved silently up the stairs to my dormatory.

Jesus Freak Josh
May 19th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Figuring that he had hidden long enough, Josh moved to the center of the room where he tried to find where to sleep. He noticed his luggage at the foot of a bed in the corner and hopped in. It was a four poster bed with a pin board at the top.

Skye
May 20th, 2005, 04:19 AM
Cassidy nodded. "Sleep well." She made her way up the stairs to the girls' dormitory, and found her room, which she shared with several other first year Ravenclaws. They said very little to each other as they put their pajamas on and started unpacking their things. Cassidy withdrew her bo and numchaku from her trunk, hanging them above her bed. She noted the other girls hanging posters of famous male Quiddich players and movie stars.

Once her things were all settled, she drifted off to sleep, excited for the new day.

That morning, she was the first to rise, and got ready quickly. She pulled on her black canvas gi pants, an blue exercise tank top, and her black gi top. Her feet remained unclad, and she quickly tied her worn black belt around her waist. Bo and numchaku in hand, she made her way down to the common room to wait for Mikhail, taking a seat by the shallow fire, whcih warmed her body and mind.

~Ozy~
May 20th, 2005, 10:51 AM
The dormitory was comfortable enough, I supposed, but a little stuffy. After changing into my nightclothes, I grabbed a pillow and blanket, climbed out the window, and spent the night sleeping on the room of Ravenclaw Tower, watching the stars.
I swung back down into the boy's room early next morning before the rest of the boys were even awake. I traded my nightclothes for a loose white shirt, gathered at the wrists and waist and black pants, similar in cut. I left my feet bare. Under normal circumstances, I would have added combat boots in and tucked the pants into them, but this was not a full-on combat situation. I walked downstairs to see Cassidy by the fire. My face a mask of calm, I said "Good morning."

Jesus Freak Josh
May 20th, 2005, 01:25 PM
The boys of Ravenclaw first year had settled in quite nicely. Josh really had nothing on his mind making it all the easier to fall asleep...

Laura on the other hand, could not get to sleep on account of two of the other girls in the tower were whispering loudly. She looked at the sister of the Josh's friend. How could she sleep that easily?

Josh awoke next morning. A few boys were getting up quite early. He figured he might as well get up so he wouldn't be late. He got changed and walked down stairs to the Great Hall.

Lauren was now sleeping and would not get up. She was too tired and wanted to sleep in.

Skye
May 20th, 2005, 03:16 PM
"Morning," Cassidy said with a reserved brightness that dwarfed the fire near her. "Shall we then?"

She headed out of the dormitory and out to the courtyards of Hogwarts, bo staff and numchaku in hand. She set these two items down on the ground, and sat cross-legged beside them, looking over her shoulder at Mikhail.

"I start my day with a little bit of meditation...you can join me if you want, but it usually doesn't take long. I just need to clear my head," she explained, and then closed her eyes, facing foward, and got lost in her meditative trance.

The world became very loud all of a sudden. All noise that she took for granted assaulted her ears. She took it in as a person takes a breath, allowing it to pass through her entire body...the noise of the birds waking from slumber, the wind whistling through imperfections in the castle's structure, the dew falling from blades of grass around her...Mikhail's steady breathing...her own pulse...

It was all significant. It all mattered...it all existed together in this world. A tender balance of life. And finally...she moved past it, to where nothing but her conciousness existed. She was there...everything was clear and focused, and as the sounds of life began to fill her concious once again, she slowly opened her eyes. She was ready.

There was an overbearing calm in her clear blue eyes as she looked over at Mikhail. Standing, she stretched her limbs, testing them out.

She waited patiently for Mikhail to give her some indication the he was ready to begin.

Raichu Master
May 20th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Johann shook himself awake as he jumped out of bed. He was abnormally tired, and his shoulder, where Will gave him that half nelson started to ache. "I should have known..." Johann muttered as he massaged his shoulder helplessly, trying to get the pain to disappear.

"You got some guts," a boy muttered from behind the long green couch that was set a few feet from the fireplace. Johann wasn't surprised to find it was Will, but he was surprised that he could identify who he was.

"How did you know?" Johann asked the young man as he stood a seat at a chair near the intimidating boy.

"You're too noisy. You need to learn to relax, I ain't going to kill you. To tell the truth I hate fighting," Will sighed. Last night Will had taken the time to think about Johann, and what he would do in the stubborn first year's place, a smile appeared on his face, he had never been fond of the slytherin's either. No matter how much control Will had of his thoughts, he still couldn't help but realizing that he would have done the same thing, and that could have been even worse.

"It's kind of hard with a stiff shoulder," Johann muttered sarcastically, surprised to find that Will was chuckling, Johann guessed that Will wasn't kidding when he said that Johann reminded him of himself.

"Sorry, I figured I'd have to put you in your place. You'll need to get control of that temper quickly. You almost got kicked out," Will advised as the fire held his gaze.

"Yeah, I guess I have some ridicule to get rid of as well. That little show at the Great Hall couldn't have said much for me, " Johann said as he placed his cowboy hat on his head. "Got any advice for me?"

"You bet," Will said, as he got to his feet, as he headed out of the common room. "I'll explain at breakfast, come on!"

Johann chuckled and shook his head as he followed behind Will.

As they trotted down the main stairway, Will stopped to say "hello" to a few students that he knew. Entering the Great Hall, Will sat down at his usual spot near the front of the table, leaving room for Johann at the very end. "First thing you should do, is find some quiet time so you can meditate, maybe during lunch. Best if you have someone to accompany you. I have lunch at a different time then you, so I won't be able to. Next you should think before you say anything," Will said as he slapped some scrambled eggs on his plate, followed by a castle high mountain of ketchup.

Johann just had a bowl of cereal, and started pouring milk into it as he kept his ears tuned into Will. "Easier said than done," Johann muttered as he took a spoonful of cereal and shoved it in his mouth.

"You can say that again," Will chuckled as he mixed the ketchup in with his eggs. Before Johann had a chance to say it again, Will added, "Better yet, just keep your mouth shut until someone is talking to you. And if it's a slytherin, unless you know what he or she wants, just play it cool."

"I think I can manage that," Johann said shaking his head, as he finished off his cereal and sat around talking with Will.

"Good morning," a boy said to Alvender as he came down the stairs. "I just wanted to ask you something."

"Sure, what is it?" Alvender asked wearily, as he slowly approached the boy, dodging in and out of the already forming crowd in the common room.

"You know that guy that was causing the trouble at the feast last night?" the boy asked.

"You mean that Jordan kid?" Alvender asked, yet some how he knew the guy meant Johann.

"No, the kid who punched him," the boy added, knowing that Alvender was playing games with him.

"No," Alvender answered evenly, he had no wishes to get Johann into a fight, being cautious about Erica's advice.

"You're lying," the guy smirked, as he chuckled. "I suggest you tell me everything about the kid, or he might be in deep trouble."

Alvender flinched, why was he the one to always be blackmailed? What was he to do? "Fine, he's my best friend."

"I knew we could come to terms, now follow me to breakfast and I'll explain the plan," the guy said patting Alvender roughly on the shoulders.

"Alvender!" a girl's called from behind them. Alvender sighed with relief, but made it seem like he was annoyed, he was glad that Erica had been looking after him.

"Yes?" Alvender asked alittle too eager, he wanted nothing less than to get out of his situation.

"You said you'd sit with me and my friends today at lunch right?" she asked equally eager, except Alvender knew it was just because he was famous, and he turned out as nice and as soft-hearted as she had hoped.

"Yeah sure!" Alvender said as he turned his attention back to the boy, who was now looking annoyed. "I'll catch you later maybe. I have to go."

The boy muttered something inaudible, and Alvender grinned from ear to ear as he let Erica drag him off to meet her eager friends.

"How did Alvender end up being the chick-magnet?" Johann sighed as he watched Alvender come in with about 5 girls on either side of him. Alvender waved as he found what he was looking for, obviously he was looking for him.

As Johann waved back, Will commented, "It seems to be doing him some good. He is Alvender McCollan, one of the best young authors in the states and elsewhere. He deserves to feel famous. It seems he's a bit timid. Having girls waiting on him every second, will do some good for his self-esteem."

"I guess I just take it for granted. I mean I never saw him as anything special, I guess that's why he picked me as a friend, because I saw him for not being a famous author, but as the person he was. I suppose you're right about him though, he was always lacking self-esteem, probably because he was my shadow everywhere I went," Johann reasoned.

"See, you're already taking my advice. You might get along get in Ravenclaw after all," Will cut in, Johann just looked at Will, then they both had a hearty laugh.

Mari
May 20th, 2005, 11:13 PM
"What do you do for fun?"

"Sports~!" Sakura chirped, beaming. "And Brother and I spar often. I always lose, though." Her little grin turned into a slight pout right after her statement about losing.

Hearing a call from what is assumingly the Gryffindor prefect, whatever it was, Sakura abruptly grabbed Andrew's arm and dragged him towards the group. She let out another of her trademark childish giggle and followed the rest of the Gryffindors as they were being led to their Common Room.

At their arrival at the common room, she bade Andy goodnight and told him not to forget to say goodnight to his sister.

"See you tomorrow!" She said as she dashed towards the girls' dormitory.

She shared the room a lot of rather...girlish Gryffindor, which didn't quite made her happy. She gave them a quick wave and quickly slipped into her night outfit. She also took out a stuffed monkey and quickly leaped on the bed. "Nighty night, Brother."

:~:

As soon as the squeals of her fellow Gryffindor started, Sakura quickly dressed into her everyday outfit, seeing that she just lost her uniform somehwere, and headed off outside; to the courtyards. It was fairly early, not many students were awake, well, excluding the hopless romantics. She shook off her thoughts as soon as she heard two voices not far, and being the curious girl she was, she furtively sneaked towards the origin of the sound. She made it positive that no one could hear her, so unless they have super sensitive sense of hearing, then she'll be okay.

At last, after meandering aimlessly for a minute or two, she found herself concelead in a bush, her cerulean optics carefully surveying what the two Ravenclaws were up to. Wicked cool! I'm going to see Cassy fight! Her everlasting animation wasn't about to fade yet, it seemed.

Jesus Freak Josh
May 20th, 2005, 11:49 PM
OOC: Just a question. What class do we have first?

Skye
May 21st, 2005, 05:42 AM
OOC: That's a good question....I think we ought to just lump all our characters together in classes. It'll be easier to keep track of that way. Here's the schedule:

Herbology
DADA
Flying lessons
Lunch break
History of Magic
Transfiguration
Potions

Let me know if I forgot anything!

I'll post later :)

Jesus Freak Josh
May 21st, 2005, 12:50 PM
Immediately after breakfast Josh had Herbology in Greenhouse One. This wasn't one of his favourites. He really hated gardening back in his muggle life.
Josh began walking out.

Lauren woke up and realised nobody was around in the Girls dorm. She was late! She quickly got changed and looked at her timetable. Herbology!
She ran as fast as she could to the Great Hall where everyone was leaving. She picked up some toast and ran.

Skye
May 26th, 2005, 06:14 AM
Andrew woke the next morning, and decided against going outside to practice. He got himself ready for the day, and after pulling on his black school robes, he hurried out of his room and down to breakfast.

He sat quietly among the Gryffindors, eating steadily, feeling his stomach become full. He took little notice of those around him, feeling a little anxious for classes to start.

~Ozy~
May 26th, 2005, 07:10 AM
<OOC>Ehhh, sorry everyone. ^_^~ Been kinda busy lately, haven't had time to keep up with all my RPs.<OOC>

As I was prepared to begin, I noticed that the castle seemed to be growing more active. I said quietly "It would seem that we must depart for today. I apologize, Cassidy."

Skye
May 26th, 2005, 05:49 PM
"It's okay....you can run ahead if you want. I just want to run through my kata before I go to class," she said quietly, and began to practice.

Her limbs moved fluidly and her mind was clear and focused. She moved deliberately, ignoring the castle as it was brought to life by the students. When she had completed her kata, she sprinted up to her dorm, showered, changed, and grabbed her books in fifteen minutes. She hurried down to the Great Hall to eat some breakfast, downed a glass of orange juice, and hurried down to the greenhouses, where her very first lesson at Hogwarts would begin.

Raichu Master
May 30th, 2005, 03:32 PM
"Well I'll see you later!" Will said as he got up from his seat. Waving, he took his books and walked gracefully out of the Great Hall and to his classes.

"Yep," Johann replied as he did the same, keeping an eye on Alvender, and hoping he'd be ok to get to the Greenhouse in time, maybe he could catch up with him.

"Bye, Alvender," Erica said as the rest of her group retrieved their newly autographed books and headed out of the Hall.

"Later," Alvender called after them as he got up and walked off in the opposite directions. His gloomy expression soon disappeared as he saw Johann walk up to him.

"Hello," Alvender said a bit too excited for Johann's liking.

"Howdy," Johann answered with a friendly smile and shook his hand. "Did they all treat you ok? I see you have a girlfriend," Johann teased with a big grin.

"Very funny, Johann," Alvender muttered as he looked down at his feet, a blush growing on his cheeks. "But yes, I didn't have any trouble," Alvender lied.

"Well if anyone gets in your way, just let me know and I'll come-a-runnin'!" Johann said as he smacked his fist into his hand.

Alvender chuckled silently as they made their way out of the castle. "Have you looked at your Herbology text book yet?"

"What do you think?" Johann said with his usual goofy grin.

"Figures, you should have at least taken time to leaf through it, there's some pretty good stuff," Alvender replied as they rounded the bend and the greenhouse fell into plain sight.

Johann huffed and countered puffing out his chest, "Who needs books?"

Alvender laughed loudly at his friends ignorance, which made Johann a bit embarrassed. "You'll never learn," Alvender chuckled as they entered the Greenhouse.

Both of the boys got to there class early, and Johann took a seat in one corner, in front of the class, while Alvender took a seat in the back corner of the class, opposite of Johann.

Skye
June 2nd, 2005, 05:01 AM
Andrew saw his sister arrive in the greenhouse a little after he did. Her cheeks were rosy...he supposed she had been training a little bit that morning. With a shrug, he turned to look at Professor Sprout, who looked rather cheerful as the watched the students file in.

"Okay...that looks to be most of you at least. We'll wait a few more minutes in case someone got lost on thier way down," Professor Sprout said in a chipper tone.

Andrew nodded, though she hadn't, of course, directed her comment towards him directly. He looked at the table of plants Professor Sprout had assembled on the table before thing, and realized for the first time, how unusually dark it was in the greenhouse. He drew his attention to the dark tendrils of the plant, which seemed to be squirming?! ever so slightly. He walked towards it curiously.

"Watch it there, lad!" Professor Sprout called to him as one of the grayish tentacles snagged on his robes. Andrew pulled back quickly. "Everyone keep a good distance from that plant. As soon as everyone arrives, I'll tell you way."

He looked over at Cassidy who was steadily making her way over to him. She stood by her brother, her head a few inches shorter. If they hadn't been in the same class, one would think she was a younger sibling. The twins eyes darted around the room for their friends. Andrew spotted Johann, the cowboy, and sent a wave in his drection. Cassidy pretended to be interested in the material of the cuff of her sleeve.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 2nd, 2005, 01:18 PM
Josh followed the rest of the class in and picked a seat far up in the corner. Andrew was walking towards a curious looking plant. Josh agreed it was tempting and curious.

'"Everyone keep a good distance from that plant. As soon as everyone arrives, I'll tell you why."'

Lauren walked in ahead of some of the stragglers, her toast eaten. She sat next to Josh and pulled her stuff out of her bag.

Raichu Master
June 2nd, 2005, 01:26 PM
Johann smiled and waved back at Andrew, then turned his attention to Alvender who seemed to be warning him about something. Obviously, he had just remembered it because it was quite sudden.

"What?" Johann mouthed silently in Alvender's direction. Not completely understanding his friend, yet had an idea about what Alvender wanted to say.

"I'll tell you after class," Alvender replied, realizing that Jordan was sitting right beside him, and didn't look happy at Alvender warning Johann about what was to come.

Johann then turned his attention to Cassidy, to see her more interested with the cuff of her shirt than the exotic plants around them. Which he thought was kind of odd, but shrugged it off, he was one to be a bit nerdy about plants, since he lived on a ranch and needed to know what plants to feed livestock. He dismissed it as not really being interested in plants, and took out a peice of parchment to begin right notes on the different plants he was seeing, and questions he wanted to ask the teacher.

~Ozy~
June 2nd, 2005, 01:28 PM
I had spent too much ime eating. Blasted light English food. I would have killed for a decent strogaanof right then. Ambling down to te greenhouse, I entered and looked around for any of my friends, Cassidy in paeticular.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 4th, 2005, 05:57 PM
After a while of blabbing, Professor Sprout noticed she was losing alot of the class's attention so she changed plan.
"Now, class," she said. "I am going to teach you a spell. Seeing as this is your first day I assume you don't know many or no spells."
Select parts of the class murmured.
"I am going to teach you the spell, Incendio," she continued. "Any questions?"

Amy-chan
June 5th, 2005, 10:13 AM
*comes to look* No. I just don't have enough time for these things anymore. *turns to leave*

Skye
June 5th, 2005, 12:47 PM
OOC: Er....DD, don't you think it would be a good idea to explain what the spell is for? Also, if everyone else agrees to, I think it'd be a good idea to have one person RP the teachers....we could each have one if that seems fair enough. Let me know what you guys think. I can't really post an IC part right now, since the decision we make as a group will prolly affect DD's last post.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 5th, 2005, 01:07 PM
OOC: Well you see, this place was dying, so I had to do SOMETHING.

Raichu Master
June 5th, 2005, 02:19 PM
OOC: Well you see, this place was dying, so I had to do SOMETHING.

OOC: I have a few comments. One: this rp wasn't dying. OMG! It was on the second page! *rolls eyes*

Two: I agree with sky, Josh. Not everyone posted that they were in class, so rping (and not well may I add) the teacher in a way that was unappropriate and inconsiderate was no way to handle what was to be done if you thought the thread was dying.

Three:I don't think anyone would exactly be learning ANY spells the FIRST day of school.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 5th, 2005, 02:33 PM
OOC:
Three:I don't think anyone would exactly be learning ANY spells the FIRST day of school.

They actually probably do. I dunno.

Skye
June 5th, 2005, 05:47 PM
OOC: We'll wait for ideas from Marina99 and TAD before we move foward okay? Majority rules, so we'll just take it from there.

A.N.G.E.L_2005
June 5th, 2005, 06:06 PM
(Hi! Haven't been here in awhile, can I join the RPG? I was in the last one)

Character name: Autumn McKnight
Eye color: Honey brown
Hair color and style: She has blood red with a hint of light brown short hair down to her chin with a small braid behind her left ear that is braided with leather string with 7 beads.
Clothes:*she wears small oval glasses* Usual hogwarts uniform but other than that, she wears a grey shirt that goes down to her hips and says 'Out of my head, back in 5 minutes.' with her Gryffindor tie around her waist black and white armwarmers, some dark bluejeans, and black and white converse.
Year: 4
Animagus: white wolf with light grey down the back
Bio: A timid and outgoing punky girl with a passion to collect and old renisaunce thing (including weapons, clothes, recipes, and ect.) her parents are Aurors and were there to witness Voldemort's execution, she slightly has a connection with Voldemort due to past intereferences from her father (don't ask) she also had a childhood crush on Harry Potter. (again please don't ask..)

Mari
June 5th, 2005, 07:28 PM
//ooc: Aiya! I'm sorry for not posting here for so so long, Skye-chan~! ; ;
Anyway, I like what you suggested. It sounds pretty fair for me. :3

Skye
June 6th, 2005, 07:11 AM
OOC: It's settled then. I'll take Professor Sprout since I started RPing her anyway. The teachers will be first come, first serve, and try to RP them as realistically as possible, okay? Skim through Philosopher's Stone if you have any troubles, or visit the Harry Potter Lexicon online. To set things straight, disregard DD's last RPing post.

Angel, it's cool if you join, but would you mind making your character a first year like the rest of us? You'll probably be able to interact with us a lot easier. Thanks!!

IC: "Alright, I think we've waited just about long enough. You can help your classmates out with notes later on," Professor Sprout chirped enthusiastically. She moved over to the gray, slightly squirming plant.

Andrew scrunched up his nose at it, and looked over at Cassidy. Whatever it was, he didn't want those weird tendrils snagging him. Cassidy looked on with quiet, reserved interest, trying her best not to get distracted by Mikhail. She wondered briefly if they would ever get to spar...

"Now this," Professor Sprout told them, her voice a little darker, a little more serious, "is Devil's Snare. It's a very dangerous plant. If you'll watch carefully now, I'll show you why."

Professor Sprout took a dead branch from the table, and gently prodded the plant with it. Andrew and Cassidy watched in fascination as the plants tendrils began to slowly close around the branch, its grip becoming tighter.

"Now, as you can see," Professor Sprout explained, tugging at the nearly engulfed branch, " Devil's Snare has a very firm grip. If this were a living thing, the Snare would slowly strangle it to death. Has anyone read ahead in the textbook, or perhaps encountered Devil's Snare before, and can tell me how you can ward it off?"

Andrew and Cassidy both shrugged and looked around them, wondering if anyone knew.

A.N.G.E.L_2005
June 6th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Thanks ^^ Sure, Autumn can be a first year. XD

Raichu Master
June 6th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Johann bit his lower lip, of course he knew the answer. How could he not? He lived on a ranch in the magical realm, secreted from the muggles.The plant was a fairly common nuissance where he came from, yet he didn't want to answer the first question of the day. He was already unpopular, judging by the fact that no one dared to sit by him, and he didn't want to seem like a know-it-all.

Johann looked behind him at Alvender, and he just nodded and reclined deeper in his chair. It seems Alvender was laying low also, so Johann mimiced his best friend and took a deep breath to relax. It was ashame that Herbology was a subject that he often called his "best class", yet he was afraid to answer any questions for the meer fact of being hated even more.

Taking out a quil, Johann dapped it in ink and prepared to write down Professor Sprout's solution. Johann knew of several ways to ward off Devil's Snare, yet he was a cowboy, and his ways were probably not the most...how you put it..."magical" ways, although some did include different types of repelants, that probably wasn't the answer the professor wanted though.

A.N.G.E.L_2005
June 6th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Then Johann felt a tap on his shoulder, it was a girl with short blood red hair with a small bead braid behinde her ear and small oval glasses. "Hi, I'm Autumn." she said, her voice was soft and kind. "Are you new too?" she asked Johann, he nodded, "So am I." Autumn answered, "I cam a long way to come here, I'm from America." she said, Johann was slightly surprised that somebody just randomly came and talked to him, " Uhh...um..uh, I-I I'm Johann." he said to her, "Nice to meet you." Autumn said in return and held out her hand.

Skye
June 6th, 2005, 01:57 PM
OOC: Watch the powerplaying, Angel. Make sure you read the rules before you start RPing, okay?

A.N.G.E.L_2005
June 6th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Sorry *sweatdrop* I didn't mean to do anything bad.

Skye
June 6th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Sorry *sweatdrop* I didn't mean to do anything bad.

OOC: It's alright....just check out the rules post up at the top of the Other RP section.

A.N.G.E.L_2005
June 6th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Okay, thank you Skye, I will.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 6th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Devil Snare was a dangerous plant, Josh could establish. Professor Sprout asked how they would ward one off.
Josh raised his hand in hopes he would get it. "Would you u-use the spells Incendio and errr... Vermilious?"

Skye
June 7th, 2005, 05:49 AM
"Well done," Professor Sprout said cheerfully. "Take ten points for Ravenclaw, then. That's exactly right. Devil's Snare hates light, which is why the greenhouse is a bit dark this morning. A spell like the ones Josh has just mentioned will create enough light to distract if not destroy the plant so you can get away. Well done."

Cassidy and Andrew jotted down a few notes about the plant, and Cassidy found her eyes drifting over to Mikhail, but also, to her suprise, towards Johann and his friend. Both of them seemed to be hanging back. Her face became puzzled only for a moment, because Professor Sprout caught her attention once again.

"I'd like you all to write me twelve inches of parchment on the discovery of Devil's Snare," she told them cheerfully. "Due next Monday. Class dismissed!"

Cassidy found herself smiling as she and Andrew exited the greenhouse, careful to keep far enough away from the Devil's Snare.

"Wow...I really enjoyed that...how about you?" she asked Andrew cheerfully. "Magical plants are so fascinating..."

"I guess," Andrew shrugged and shuffled along, excited for their next class.

"Let's wait up for Mikhail and the others, eh?" Cassidy suggested hopefully.

Andrew sighed and haulted with her, waiting for the others to catch up.

Raichu Master
June 7th, 2005, 07:08 AM
"Why didn't you say anything?" Alvender asked Johann as they exited the greenhouse. "You knew the answer."

"Er...I forgot the spell," Johann lied, but seeing that Alvender didn't fall for it, he continued, "I already have a bad rep, I don't need folks thinkin' I'm a know-it-all."

Alvender nodded and said, "Yeah I figured."

"So what's your excuse?" Johann asked as he saw Andrew and Cassidy stop ahead.

"Samething, except without the bad rep," Alvender teased, but it didn't draw any sort of amused expression from Johann's face so he just let the conversation die.

"Howdy," Johann greeted the two twins as they approached them. "Interesting class!" Johann said lamely, trying to find some sort of common ground with the two.

Alvender coughed and said, "Yes, very. Although I didn't appriciate the paper we have to write on that weed."

"Easy there, Al," Johann said patting him on the back. "At least it's on a well-known weed," Johann teased with a lite chuckle. Turning his attention to Andrew and Cassidy, Johann then continued to say, "What did y'all make of it?"

Skye
June 7th, 2005, 11:09 AM
"I thought it was okay," Andrew said absently, showing his disinterest in the subject simply by his tone. "Can't wait for Defense Against the Dark Arts though!"

Cassidy rolled her eyes at her brother and shifted the weight of her bookbag slightly. "I thought it was interesting. I'll be excited when we work on actually growing stuff."

Cassidy looked over at the three boys, who stood quite a bit taller than she did. Her legs moved quickly to keep up, and she tossed her short mane of blond hair with an almost urgent air.

Andrew, on the other hand, was taking his sweet time. He crossed thr grounds towards the castle with the others, a causal smile on his face, contrasting with Cassidy's tight, brisk expression quite nicely. The castle was fast approaching, as was there next class...

"So what do you guys do for fun?" Andrew asked.

Raichu Master
June 7th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Alvender and Johann both blinked absently at each other as the watched Cassidy go speeding away. "Er...I'm an author, so I'm working on my next book," Alvender said a bit lamely, not knowing if Andrew was even a bit interested in reading books.

"Well, back home on the farm, I use to ride the range gatherin' cattle," Johann said answering Andrew's question. "But I don't know now, I'm tryin' my hardest to stay out of trouble. I have detention for half a semester because of that little skurmish at the feast last night. What about yourself?"

Mari
June 7th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Kosuke's eyes, overflowing with ennui, darted around the room, searching for anything interesting. The Professor's lectures weren't that boring, true, but he just couldn't find anything interesting in Herbology. Plants were simply not of his interests. What did take his attention was the missing shorty.

He saw the twins, the fairly egoistic Ravenclaw, and his friend 'Mr. Author' from the very infamous Slytherin. But no, not the hyperactive little brat. He clenched his fists and gnashed his teeth. Why, that stupid little--

Soon enough, Professor Sprout had dismissed their class, and Kosuke was already on his feet. He took note a mental note of their homework before leaving, and then hastily dashed outside, ready for a lecturing. He searched desperately, or at least he pretended he did, for the annoying twerp.
--
"Caaasy!" Sakura called out, running towards her trademark grin on her face. Ah, finally! I thought I was going to be lost forever! "Hiya!" She greeted, paying no heed to the fact that they had just got out of a class she 'supposedly' accidentally missed.

"Where did you guys come from?" She inquired innocently, obliviously seemed more like it.

Skye
June 7th, 2005, 06:25 PM
"Cool, you write? That's awesome," Andrew said enthusiastically to Alvender. He turned to Johann. "A ranch, eh? Sounds cool. I bet you must miss it sometimes though...the rules here must be a pain."

He glanced ahead at his sister, who had made her way to the doors of the castle. He saw Sakura running up to her, and figured she'd be okay on her own.

"Me?" Andrew said, contemplating the question for a little while. "Oh...I...play guitar and stuff. Nothing too special."

He didn't bother to include anything about karate.

Cassidy, meanwhile, smiled as Sakura approached her.

"Hey....we all just came from Herbology....where were you?" Cassidy asked with an incredulous chuckle.

Mari
June 7th, 2005, 07:27 PM
"Iummwas lost." Sakura stated, grinning sheepishly. "Erm, see, I was on my way to class, but then I saw this little snowy owl and I followed it 'cause it looked hurt and I wanted to mend it but then I got lost so I didn't know where I was!" She giggled. Her hyper~ness never do run out. Ever.

She flashed Cassidy a childish smile, "Anywho, where are we going?"
--
Kosuke had spotted the other Mikage near the older of the twins. He prevented himself from blowing up, and tried to calm himself down. In order to at least attempt that, though, he joined the three boys, who had a great distance from the two females. He wasn't great with talking, not when he was being his overly suspicious, anyways. But he tried, at least.

"...Hey." He said, with a hint of awkwardness. Sakura was always the one to approach people, so he felt really uneasy doing her job.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 7th, 2005, 10:48 PM
OOC: I'm dropping Lauren. I'm too lazy to RP a second person. XD

BIC:
Josh realesed a sigh of relief as he got an answer right and began writing notes. He would copy them all to the laptop when he got back to the Common Room.

When the class was dismissed, Josh as usual, walked behind everyone as no one would talk to him anyway. He wondered what class he had next.

OOC: Well?

Raichu Master
June 8th, 2005, 05:14 AM
"These rules are the pits! I mean back home, when some guy was a jerk, everyone knew, and if someone finally had enough of him, and slugged at him. No one really cared, or did anything about it! But here, you get punished like you just killed a whole herd of cattle!" Johann bursted as Andrew mentioned the rules here. "It just ain't right, ya know?"

"Easy, Johann. You'll get used to it," Alvender said as they continued to walk with Andrew. "We have Defense Against the Dark Arts next, what do you have?"

Skye
June 8th, 2005, 05:47 AM
"We've got Defense Against the Dark Arts next," Cassidy replied, impressed by Sakura's energy. "I heard the Professor was the Potions Professor a few years back....and he's kind of tough."

She shrugged, completely unaware of just how diffecult Professor Snape was going to be...

"Hey," Andrew greeted Kosuke. "How's it going?"

He listened to Johann rant about the rules and found himself chuckling. He had a feeling he'd be seeing Johann get into a lot of trouble over the next few months at school.

From over his shoulder, Andrew spotted the kid who had given an answer in class...Josh was it? He waved to him, hoping he'd come over and join them. It stunk walking to class alone.

"I've got Defense Against the Dark Arts too," Andrew said cheerfully. "I know Cassidy's really looking foward to it, at least!"

Jesus Freak Josh
June 8th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Josh walked over to Andrew who was gesturing for him to come over. Josh walked over to him. "Hello. Like Herbology?"

AngelWolfie
June 8th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Name: Kiri
Physical characteristics: Tall and thin. She seems a little scrawny and has short, messy blonde hair and blue eyes.
Personality: She is a bit shy and has fairly low self-esteem. She loves having someone to talk to, though she is often alone. She is easily scared and a little paranoid. She is very loyal toward her close friends, though.
Hobbies/Interests: She reads a lot and enjoys drawing and puzzles.
Pet: Night, a barn owl

Kiri quietly followed the rest of the first-years into the castle from herbology. Once inside, she started heading to her next class, but tripped over her robes, and falling on another Ravenclaw student walking past her. "Aagh!" She shouted, backing away. Her face was red with embarrassment now. "I-I'm sorry.." She said, staring past him and trying no to make eye contact. She backed away a bit more, not sure weather to leave or introduce herself. "Um..um.. I'm Kiri." She said, walking up to the boy. "I've seen you around, but I don't know you.."

Jesus Freak Josh
June 8th, 2005, 11:35 PM
While Josh was chatting to Andrew he was tripped over by someone. He fell face flat on the ground. He looked up. A girl, fairly pretty in fact, tripped him over. She was avoiding contact.
"I forgive you for tripping me," Josh said. "I'm J-Josh, Josh M-McScott. U-ummm... Yeah. Ummm... Nice meeting you... Kiri," he smacked himself in the head. How could he stutter "ums"? He began to re-engage in conversation. "So ummm... Do you wanna... walk with me to Defense Against Dark Arts?"

AngelWolfie
June 8th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Kiri smiled a bit at his reaction. "Sure." She said, heading there right away.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 8th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Josh noticed her smile. 'Either she has no friends,' he said in his head, 'or she likes me.'
Josh walked with her up to the third floor and into the room where Professor Snape, a man with greasy black hair and a blue cloak awaited.

A.N.G.E.L_2005
June 9th, 2005, 08:10 AM
(can I join in Dr. Dogg dude? ^_~)

Also within the room with Snape sitting at a desk was another first year girl, she was thin, had glasses, and had short dark blood-red hair with a small braid behind her ear. When the door opened she nearly jumped out of her seat, but she dropped all her stuff and her parchment, " Sorry Professor Snape." she said quickly, " Nevermind McKnight, just...just pick up your rubbish you silly girl." Snape replied with impatence in his voice.

(can someone warn me if I'm powerplaying ^^;)

Skye
June 9th, 2005, 10:51 AM
OOC: Okay....who wants Professor Snape? I think RM would be really good at RPing him....but whoever wants it first gets it! And Angel...nice post....you avoided powerplaying very nicely, just make sure once Snape gets assigned to someone you don't powerplay him!

Raichu Master
June 9th, 2005, 03:18 PM
OOC: *rubs hands together* *evil smile* Oh I'll do Professor Snape! ;)

IC: Alvender got to class early for defense against the dark arts class, and took his usual seat in the back of the class. Johann, however, just had to go to bathroom, and had to sprint to get to class.

"Mr. Bach!" Snape snapped (haha, a pun! Sort of...) viciously as Johann squirmed his way into class, obviously late. "What do you think your doing?"

"I had to...um...go to the restroom," Johann said lamely as he felt his head get hot. Oh great, just what he needed, to be embarrassed by Professor Snape. By now most of the class was staring at him, and of course most of the slytherins, if not all of them, were snickering at him, as he stood there in the middle of class.

"Five points from Ravenclaw. Now take your seat, Mr. Bach!" Professor Snape hissed in his usual deadly cool tone. Johann sighed in frustration, and slumped over to a seat, where he sat alone...again.

"Now that that was taken care of," Professor Snape said, collecting himself. "I'll take attendance and then we will begin!"

A.N.G.E.L_2005
June 9th, 2005, 05:20 PM
(I'm just so nervous that I'll powerplay. :( please tell me if I do <_>; )

Autumn looked back at the boy Snape took points off of as she picked up her papers and vials. She felt kinda bad for him, then again she always felt bad for others misfourtunes and such. Then she looked back at Snape who had his back turned at the moment, she gave a small growl and returned to pick up her stuff.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 9th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Josh made sure to keep quiet up the back, Kiri somewhere near him.

'"Five points from Ravenclaw.'

'Already?' Josh asked in his head. 'Just as well I earned ten in Herbology.'

AngelWolfie
June 9th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Kiri went and sat at her seat. She despised Snape. She glared at him with disgust. She sighed and got out her quill,knowing that they probably had some big essay or something to write.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 9th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Josh was sitting next to Kiri towards the back. Snape's reputation would probably stay at it's rank. Evil. Josh just stayed quiet and prepared to write.

Skye
June 10th, 2005, 02:51 AM
Cassidy reached Defense Against the Dark Arts and took her seat up at the front. She had arrived just a few moments before Snape deducted points from Ravenclaw, her own house, and she suppressed a groan. Johann hadn't done anything to deserve it, but perhaps his reputation preceeded him to class.

Andrew was close behind her in arriving to class, taking a seat towards the back of the class near Johann. He felt tense in the room as Snape strode about it. Everyone seemed a little tense, and no one seemed to like Snape very much. He noticed Cassidy sat with alert attentiveness, however, which suprised him. Cassidy was a good judge of character...why would she be giving Snape such rapt attention?

The twins sat in anxious silence, waiting for class to begin.

OOC: Oh RM, I am SO looking foward to this class!! Do Snape some serious justice! ^_^

Raichu Master
June 10th, 2005, 07:04 AM
"Great now I have 105 total points against me..." Johann moaned quietly to himself as he put his head on the desk. Meanwhile, Professor Snape was writing a problem on the board for the class to copy.

"Does anyone know how one can become a warewolf?" Professor Snape said coldly, as he scowled around the room at the students.

Johann sighed, and raised his hand. He skipped out on answering one question he might as well answer this one to try and redeem some of the points lost. Professor Snape caught sight of his hand, but pretended not to notice as he set his gaze on Alvender. "Mr. McCollan," Professor Snape said flatly.

"Yessir?" Alvender asked innocently.

"Answer the question, boy," Professor Snape hissed, annoyed at Alvender already.

"I...I...don't know how, sir. I haven't looked in my book yet," Alvender admitted in a soft whisper.

"What was that? Mr. McCollan, the great author, doesn't know how someone can become a warewolf!" Professor Snape snapped with a tone of vicious sarcasm that made Alvender want to duck under the desk. Why did it have to be Snape who taught this class?

"Does anyone know?" Snape said returning to the room full of students.

Johann, by now, was waving his hand in the air with as much vigor as he could must. Still Professor Snape paid little attention to the boy until finally he snapped, "Mr. Bach, if you don't quit that rediculous waving right now, I'll deduct more points from Ravenclaw!"

"But Professor! I know the answer!" Johann protested as he continued to leave his hand up in the air.

"Mr. Bach, if you don't put your hand down this instint, I will personally give you the rest of the year in detention," Professor Snape said coolly, and then turned to the rest of the class and said, "Now class, how does one turn into a warewolf?"

Johann finally gave up, and sat there, it seemed like there was no way he could ever get Professor Snape to let him gain any points. He could only hope someone from his house would answer the question.

A.N.G.E.L_2005
June 10th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Autumn sat in class, but her mind was not on her work, it was on that boy she saw, she was worried abouthim. "Miss McKnight! Are you paying attention!?" Snape shouted which made Autumn jump out of her seat, "Umm...no..sorry Professor Snape sir." she stuttered, everyone stared at her as she quickly rushed at getting paper out.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 10th, 2005, 01:47 PM
OOC: I thought all first years in this plot were meant to be in the same class.

BIC:
Josh put his hand up casually to answer the question, hoping if he did Snape would not get up him. He was not trying to be a nerd of any kind, well maybe a computer nerd, but since no one else would he figured he might as well do it. Even if it would lower his non-existent reputation.

Skye
June 10th, 2005, 02:26 PM
OOC: That is correct, DD....all first years (in this case, all our characters) are in the same classes together. It'll be easier to RP that way. Angel, if you could fix your post that would be awesome :)

IC: Cassidy raised her hand to answer Snape's question, hoping that he wouldn't deduct more points from Ravenclaw because of it. She chanced a glance over at Andrew, and noticed he was staring into space. She rolled her eyes at him, and looked patiently up at Professor Snape, her persona very calm and tranquil. Though she was unnerved by Snape's presence in the room, she was not about to show it.

Andrew, meanwhile, shared his distate for Snape along with Johann and most of the class, or so it seemed. Snape's attitude made him not want to learn anything in the class, especailly from him. Andrew put on the best scowl he could muster, and kept his eyes away from Snape, feeling slightly jealous of his sister's ability to keep calm.

Raichu Master
June 10th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Snape's face curled into what was supposed to be a cold grin as he caught sight of one of his own students. "Andrew, would you like to answer the question for us?" he said, always looking for a way to give his house more points than all the others.

Alvender and Johann sighed at the same time, as they slumped back in their chairs, and waited patiently for class to be over.

Mari
June 10th, 2005, 04:10 PM
[ooc:] Anou, forgive Mari's denseness, but ishn't Snape supposed to teach Potions, not DADA? X3; I think I'm just really confused, though. XD

Sakura sighed with tediousness. She wasn't the one who enjoys this really, perhaps if there was action, then she'd love it. But Questions and Answers, ugh. Professor Snape wasn't the greatest either. By the expression on the others' faces, it appeared like they agreed with her.

A pout crept on her lips when she caught a glimpse of the Slytherins, excluding Alvender. They seemed to be fond of him. Even her 'onii-chan no baka' seemed to have no problem with him.

[I]"Now class, how does one turn into a werewolf?" His voice filled with utmost coldness.

We can turn into werewolves? Sakura thought, her eyes widening with awe. She was hopeless. Shaking her head, she forced herself to at least halfway pay attention.

Raichu Master
June 10th, 2005, 04:13 PM
OOC: This is after the Harry Potter series. Professor Snape finally becomes the DADA professor in "The Order of the Pheonix". Hope that helps, Mari! ^^

Jesus Freak Josh
June 10th, 2005, 04:40 PM
OOC: Who does Potions? Him too? And Skye, can you just call me Josh and/or Joshy (As it is my real name [well not Joshy, I'm just starting a new thing. XD]). At least call me Batesy.

A.N.G.E.L_2005
June 10th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Autumn looked up from her notes to see the boy Snape called on sitting in front of her. 'Uh-oh, here's trouble.' she thought.

(please don't mind that it's short! TT.TT)

Skye
June 11th, 2005, 04:39 AM
OOC: Er....Andrew isn't in Slytherin....I'm pretty sure I put him in Fryffindor. Angel, since you're new, I'm not going to be super harsha bout the short post, but in the future, if you don't have anything more than a few lines to post, don't do it. Try to at least have a paragraph, okay? Thanks.

IC:Andrew, somewhat startled that he had been called on, sat up in his char. In doing so, he sent his ink bottle flying...right onto Snape's robes. He drew a very fast breath, his face turning a bright shade of red. He did not chance a look at his sister, and a good thing too, because her expression towards him would have only made him angry.

She was perfectly calm, looking at him steadily from the front of the classroom. It was this calmness, this apparent apathy that made him angry. She never got upset, and yet he realized that she was never really, truly happy. Cassidy turned back to face the front of the room, inwardly feeling very sorry for her brother. From Snape's previous actions in the class, she knew this was not going to go well.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 11th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Josh gasped, but was laughing, on the inside of course. It was unfair of Snape to call on Andrew like that. But then again, he deserved it. It was so hilarious Josh thought he would crack and get in trouble.

Raichu Master
June 11th, 2005, 03:14 PM
OOC: My bad.

IC: Professor Snape looked perplexed, he didn't know what to make of the situation to be honest. Should he deduct points? Should he yell or stay cool? Never has this happen to him, certainly not on the first day of school.

With a cough to clear his throat, Professor Snape locked his icy stare onto Andrews. With a deep breath Professor Snape said, "20 points from Gryfindor, and a nights detention with me."

"Jordon would you like to answer the question?" Professor Snape said as he took his wand to his robes, casting a quick spell to clean the ink off.

Jordon, who was one of the more studious boys in slytherin (if that's even possible), cleared his throat and said, "One can be transformed into a warewolf by being bitten (I'm having spelling problems today) by one."

"That is correct," Professor Snape said with a sigh of relief that someone knew the answer.

"Now, I've placed a paper on everyone's desk before the beginning of class. I want all of you to use your books to answer the questions. If you have any questions ask me, and not your neighbor," Professor Snape said coolly as he walked over to his desk and began scribbling something down, probably a detention form.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 11th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Josh opened his book and began filling in the questions.

'Can werewolves keep control of their transformed state?' Josh asked one of them in his head. He wrote his answer:
'No they cannot. Their bodies are left to go wild by the full moon. Once transfomed werewolves do normal things that a werewolf would do. Mainly hunt.'

AngelWolfie
June 11th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Kiri giggled quietly to herself after the ink incident, then scribbled down some notes from her text book. She already knew quite a bit about wolves and werewolves already, but wasn't going to take the chance of getting anything lower than a B on this assignment. ...Why was he making first years study werewolves anyway? In Kiri's opinion, that was a fourth year subject. She continued writing.

Skye
June 11th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Cassidy took a look at the questions about werewolves on the paper before her. She bit her lower lip thoughtfully and wrote down some very thorough answers, making sure to check the answers in her textbook. She glanced back at Andrew, who was slumped boredly over his paper, scribbling answers. He was apparently still embarassed about the ink bottle.

She finished the questions, and looked around the class. Some of the students were still writing. She wondered briefly if the class would ever get a little more interesting than scribbling answers on a sheet of parchment. With a quiet, barely audible sigh, Cassidy read through her answers, waiting for Snape to call the class' attention once again.

A.N.G.E.L_2005
June 11th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Autumn sat along with the others scribbling down notes on her parchment. She was very ticked off about Snape taking off those points,' That jerk deserved it that ink shower, he was so mean to that kid!' she thought angrily to herself as she scrbbled faster with her quill. She started grumbling a bit, then without meaning, she slightly lost attention to what she was writing. Autumn quickly woke herself up from the daze of anger and looked down at her parchment which she was still writing on, but continuing her notes towards the middle she saw herself writing horrible and cruel things in hard scribble on the paper. She let out a gasp then quickly hid the parchment in her pocket, ' I have got to learn to control that.' she thought.

Raichu Master
June 12th, 2005, 05:29 PM
"Tomorrow I'll be bringing in a warewolf...with the permission of the headmaster, of course," Professor Snape said noticing what time it was. "Hand in your papers as you leave, and make sure to read up on warewolves for tomorrow.

Johann sighed, he had taken so much time into completely the simple and easy worksheet, and wondered if professor Snape would even bother looking over it. Shrugging absently as it was time to go to the next class, Johann turned in his sheet, and then waited outside for Alvender.

"That wasn't fair, Johann," Alvender complained as he was sure they were not within earshot of Professor Snape.

"Yeah, I'd like to see how he fares if I was let loose on him," Johann huffed as he smacked his fist into his open palm. "I'd tear him limp from limp!"

Jesus Freak Josh
June 12th, 2005, 09:54 PM
OOC: Isn't it spelt werewolf?

BIC:
Josh handed in his papers and slowly forwarded out, not really wanting to talk to anyone. About ten points lost from Ravenclaw, and a boring lesson and possibly some danger next time when Snape would bring in a werewolf. Josh waited for Kiri and tried to engage in conversation. "Like the lesson?"

AngelWolfie
June 12th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Kiri pocketed her quill and got up. She handed Snape her paper without giving him a glance. "It was okay..I'm a little scared about tomorrow, though. What is he thinking, bringing in a werewolf? We could all be killed!"

Jesus Freak Josh
June 12th, 2005, 10:22 PM
"Don't worry," Josh said, comforting her. "I doubt Professor Dumbledore will let him bring one. If he does, it's highly unlikely it'll escape."

AngelWolfie
June 12th, 2005, 10:28 PM
"How could it not? Werewolves are really strong. I don't know how he could keep it contained. Just watch somebody get bit or eaten." Kiri said doubtfully. She remembered how she had narrowly escaped a werewolf attack a few years back, just in time to keep from being bitten. She was about nine when that happened.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 12th, 2005, 10:33 PM
"It will be okay," he comforted her once again. "Come to the lake with me. It's another twenty minutes before next lesson."

AngelWolfie
June 12th, 2005, 10:37 PM
"Okay." She said, walking next to Josh. Her hand very lightly touched his for a second, half accidentally, half on purpose. "What's our next class?" She asked, forgetting the schedule.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 12th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Josh felt Kiri's hand brush against his. He lightly blushed.

'"What's our next class?"'

"Ummm..." he came back to earth. "Not sure. Charms possibly? I've forgotten for now."

They arrived at the lake and Josh sat down and looked at it.

AngelWolfie
June 12th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Kiri sat next to him and stared out at the lake too. She saw one of the giant squid's tentacles above the water breifly, grabbing a passing bird, probably. "Did you see that?" She asked. It was the first time she's seen it. "I didn't know there was anything other than fish in there." She saw it's massive grey form swim to the right a few feet and dive underwater too deep to see.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 12th, 2005, 10:45 PM
"Yeah," Josh said. "I heard a giant squid lived in there..." there was a moments silence. "Beautiful isn't it?"

AngelWolfie
June 12th, 2005, 10:49 PM
"Yeah." She replied, smiling. "It reminds me of a whale. You know, I heard rumors about merpeople living in there, but I never beleived them. I wonder if it's true." She stared out at the lake againg. The sun and blue sky were reflecting on it's surface.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 12th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Josh put his hand on Kiri's and didn't realise for a full minute. "Ummm... I'm ummm... Sorry. didn't mean to do that..."

AngelWolfie
June 12th, 2005, 10:53 PM
"It's okay." She said, blushing a bit. "Well, we should probably head to class now." Kiri said, standing up. "Come on." She turned and headed back toward the castle.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 12th, 2005, 11:01 PM
"Oh okay," Josh said getting up. "Kiri. Can I tell you something? I just wanted to say I lo-..." he paused. "Nevermind."

Skye
June 13th, 2005, 06:17 AM
OOC: Longer, more detailed posts would be much appreciated. :) Thanks

IC: With a sigh, Cassidy got all of her school things together and turned her paper in on Snape's desk. For a moment, she looked at him with the utmost calm and interest, sondering what could have made a person like him so bitter towards students. She blinked and looked away, heading towards the door, and brushing shoulders with Andrew. He motioned towards Snape with a glance, and then gae her a look of warning.

Cassidy brushed it off, and headed out the door. Since there was a short break before her next class, she went out to the courtyards and watched her classmates with keen, but somewhat detatched glances.

Andrew watched her from the shade of the castle, unnoticed by his sister. He bit his lower lip, somewhat worried about her, and hoped that the time would pass soon so they could go to their next class.

He wondered momentarily about the werewolf Snape wanted to bring into class. As long as it wasn't night time, the creature would not be dangerous, and especially if the werewolf was taking potion to help. With a shrug to his worries, Andrew watched his sister's somewhat lonely face for a little while, wondering if that Mikhail kid would show up.

AngelWolfie
June 13th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Kiri entered the charms classroom. Professor Flitwik was busy getting papers together at his desk. Kiri sat down at a table and waited for the rest of the class.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 13th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Josh followed Kiri up to the second floor where the Charms classroom was located. It didn't look like it would start in a hurry as very few were there. He sat next to her and got out his gear. He examined his quil. The feather seemed a bit cooler at the moment, more rough.

A.N.G.E.L_2005
June 13th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Autumn came into the Charms classroom on the second floor, there weren't that many kids in the classroom, she saw two familiar faces though. The two first year Ravenclaws from Defense Against the Dark Arts class were there, Autumn felt shy around people she didn't know personally, and because of that she had no friends yet. She built up some courage then walked over to them, " Umm..Excuse me, uh..is that seat taken?" she asked them pointing to the empty seat next to them.

Raichu Master
June 13th, 2005, 03:47 PM
"Cassidy," Johann called as he gave a quick farewell to Alvender, who said he had to take care of some business, and left. "Do you have any clue why he's so bitter to the students? I mean, sure I'm a rough around the edges, but did I really do anything to deserve it? I mean I need an outside opinion and you're normally calm and level headed. Well sure, I did assault one of his students, but shouldn't Professor Snape be more professional than the way he was acting?"

"How can you stay calm during his lectures?" Johann continued, trying to cover all his grounds, making sure it wasn't all about him, that he tried to converse alittle. "I knew you were level headed, but to sit there and not get angry? Wow, you need to teach me how to have that much temperance toward people like him."

Skye
June 13th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Cassidy raised an eyebrow at Johann and found a chuckle had escaped her mouth. She ran her hand through her short blond hair, letting the strands fall messily about her face.

"Well...I just...I just don't let it bother me," she told him honestly. "There is a reason for everything. There must be some reason why Professor Snape acts the way he does. Some people are strong enough to deal with their pain internally while others need to deal with it externally, focusing it on other poeple."

She shrugged, and checked her schedule.

"Do you have Charms next as well?" she asked him. "And then lunch....oh I'm starved already!!"

Andrew, who had observed the two from afar, felt a little more at ease. He liked Johann a lot better than Mikhail, though he wasn't sure why. He headed off to the Charms classroom, convinced that everything was fine.

OOC: Where is TAD anyway?

Jesus Freak Josh
June 13th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Josh looked up and saw a not so familiar face.
"You can sit there," he said. "I'm Josh."

OOC: Who gets to control Flitwick? I will if no one else wants to.

AngelWolfie
June 13th, 2005, 10:49 PM
OOC: You can ^^;
Kiri got out her wand and quill. The class was full now, loud with talking. Kiri dusted off her wand while waiting for class to start. It was a short, pink wand-8 inches, made with unicorn hair and willow. She gazed out the window. She saw the big grey body of the giant squid move along just beneath the surface of the lake. She then turned her attention to the chalk board.

A.N.G.E.L_2005
June 13th, 2005, 11:24 PM
"Thank you, nice to meet you, I'm Autumn." Autumn said to Josh, she sat down and took out her quill, parchment, and wand. Autumn's wand was a 13 1/2 inch maplewood with a phoenix feather core.

(ooc; Can I play Proffessor Flitwick? ^^)

Professor Flitwick walked into the classroom with a smile on his small face, in fact, everything about him was small, for he was...well..shorter than the first years and had to sit on a pile of books to reach his desk. "Good afternoon class!" he said with a smile.

Raichu Master
June 14th, 2005, 04:54 AM
OOC: Jake might be busy. He started alot of rps lately here, so he's probably busy with stuff he started. You might want to pm him, Skye. Just to see what he's up to. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, I'm always up to bug Jake! ;)

IC: "That's a lot harder than you make it sound," Johann sighed, trying to ignore Professor Snape was a bit harder than Johann really wanted to try. Still he thought Snape was attacking a bit immature, no better than how he acted at the feast.

"Yeah I have charms next," Johann said scratching his head. "I'm not that good at the stuff..." Johann said. "...er...well I'm better at being a cowboy than a wizard...so I'm really not that good at any of this stuff," Johann admitted as they walked to charms together.

"I ate a big breakfast," Johann said after Cassidy admitted she was hungry. "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, what my pa would say," Johann continued, then he let the conversation die, there was really no point in talking anymore, Johann had nothing else to say. At least nothing to say that wouldn't make him sound arrogant or like a jerk.

Skye
June 14th, 2005, 07:08 AM
OOC: Josh, you can have Professor Flitwick....just make sure you do your research and stay pretty close to what is outlined in JK Rowling's books. Head to the Harry Potter Lexicon if you need more information.

IC: "I've never really done a whole lot of wizard work," Cassidy admitted. "I spent a lot of my time training with my Dad. He wasn't too keen on Andrew and I going to Hogwarts."

She shrugged as the two of them rounded a corner. The Charms classroom was fast approaching. She bit her lower lip, almost nervously, and hoped that she would do okay. Knowing facts and writing essays was one thing...putting a wand in her hand and making her perform in front of her peers was another thing entirely. She walked into the classroom and took a seat as close to the front as she could.

Andrew sat next to her, much to her suprise. She looked over at her brother apprehensively, but he looked quite comfortable. Was she the only one who was worried about not doing well?

Jesus Freak Josh
June 14th, 2005, 02:08 PM
OOC: I have to go now. If you really want to get going you can but I have school. So if you want to get going now, do it. If not and you can wait, I'll post after school.

Raichu Master
June 14th, 2005, 02:21 PM
By this time, Alvender had already arrived and took a seat in the back left hand corner. Johann took the back right hand corner and they got their stuff ready. Johann looked over to see if anyone else he knew was here, and noticed that Cassidy seemed a bit nervous. Johann, too, was very nervous, he only used a wand a few times to help his father, but besides that he knew few to no spells.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 15th, 2005, 02:04 PM
When most people had gathered and settled down, Professor Flitwick began to call the register (As they call it in England). Pretty much everyone was there so Flitwick began his lesson.

OOC: Just a question, in Charms they usually do Charms not write or anything. So is that what I would do?

Skye
June 15th, 2005, 07:02 PM
OOC: Do your research and figure something out for a lesson. Refer to the books, the films, or the Harry Potter Lexicon. If it turns out you don't want to RP him, hand it off to someone else.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 15th, 2005, 10:23 PM
OOC: Well the first thing they did was learn Wingardium Leviosa.

BIC:
Flitwick stood and took out his wand. To get a good space around, he would have to stand in the middle of the class below.
"Class," Flitwick said. "Although you haven't learned any spells yet and it is the first stage, I would like to teach you the Wingardium Leviosa spell. Any volunteers to answer?"
Josh put his hand up but the Professor was looking at Cassidy.

OOC: I can't really describe how the spell looks...

Raichu Master
June 16th, 2005, 03:23 AM
OOC: Well I think refering to the books would be the best idea, since she describes all most every day of hogwarts. So the best guess for the first day is refer to the first day of hogwarts in the first harry potter book. The movie is pretty much worthless.

Josh I'm pretty sure the first thing the learn how to do is wave a wand...not a spell. As I said before students don't, or shouldn't, know how to use spells yet. Charms is were you first learn how. So the best thing to do would be to teach how to flick the wand.

Skye
June 16th, 2005, 05:21 AM
OOC: Good call, RM. I'll continue to RP, and if Josh decides to change the lesson plan, you can all just disregard my post. :P

IC:
Cassidy met Professor Flitwick's eyes nervously. She bit her lower lip, her hand clutching her wand. Other than the slight tremor in her hand and the fact that she was biting her lip, she looked perfectly calm.

Andrew, sensing her anxiety, looked away. She knew she hated attention, especially in diffecult situations.

Cassidy waited, hoping that she was indeed imagining that Professor Flitwick was staring at her.

A.N.G.E.L_2005
June 16th, 2005, 10:12 AM
OOC: Hey guys, I won't be here after this for two weeks, I'll be on vacation.

Autumn shot her hand up into the air and frantically waved it around for she knew the anwser. She knew the Wingardium Leviousa spell for it was so simple to learn and it was the first thing she did magical in her life. (she then remembered when she first used it to levitate her clothes from the laundry ^^) She even stood up in her seat to raise her hand higher.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 16th, 2005, 01:27 PM
OOC: Woops. Didn't think about that. I'm doing this off of memory. Too much work to do to go look it up. So yeah, I'll remember. Just flick. No incantations.

BIC:
"Cassidy," Flitwick said looking at her. "Do you happen to know the name of the levitating objects spell?"
Josh had his hand up completely. But he doubted Flitwick would pick him. Especially if Cassidy got it right.

Skye
June 16th, 2005, 05:45 PM
"Ah..." Cassidy said, the mask of calm she wore flickered momentarily. She felt her cheeks slowly growing warm as her brain fought to think. Andrew shifted next to her, and she did not dare to look at him. Her eyes remained locked with Professor Flitwick.

Her mind raced...she knew she had heard the spell before. She bit her lower lip.

And then the answer came.

"Wingardian Leviosa?" she answered, almost timidly.

OOC: Josh, if you're not willing to do the reasearch, maybe you should hand it off to someone who will. I'd like this RP to flow as smoothly as possible.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 18th, 2005, 02:11 AM
OOC: Nah it's good.

BIC:
"Good work, Miss MacDouglas," Professor Flitwick said. "Ten points to Ravenclaw. Today we will be learning the motion for it. If we have time, the incantation. Next lesson we will learn how to actually do the spell," Josh raised his hand. "Yes, Mister McScott?"
"Uhhh... I just wanted to know," he said trying to think. "When will we learn the Summoning charm?"
"Stop dreaming, Mister McScott," Flitwick replied. "That won't be until fourth year. Now, if no one else has anything to say, we can start to learn," he began to make motions that looked like half a circle and then a big drop at the side. "Remember. Do it this way. It's a swish and then a flick."

Skye
June 18th, 2005, 04:22 AM
"Swish and flick," Cassidy muttered to herself as she copied Professor Flitwick. This seemed simple enough. Perhaps this wouldn't be so bad after all.

Andrew was lazily flicking his wand, seeming rather bored with the whole deal. Cassidy wondered how he could be so careless. He wasn't usually so apathetic, so perhaps this was coming easily to him. She sighed and continued to practice.

OOC: I'll be out til tomorrow night. I'll catch up with you all then!

On another note, TAD is not RPing here anymore. Just to let you all know.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 18th, 2005, 01:40 PM
"Good work, Miss MacDouglas," Flitwick said then turning to Andrew. "Mister MacDouglas, please pay attention or I will take five points from Gryffindor! If you have someone's eye out, it'll be fifty points and you will have detention for a month!"
Josh wasn't all that interested, but was paying attention to what he was doing. He wouldn't want to hurt Kiri or have detention and points deducted.

Raichu Master
June 19th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Johann looked perplexed as he tried to follow the professor's directions. He wasn't used to using his wrist that much, and it began to crack under the pressure. "Ow..." Johann said lamely as he massaged his wrist. "This is harder than it looks..."

Looking over at Alvender, Johann saw that he was taking nicely to it, everything about it seemed to be the perfect example. Johann felt jealousy starting to rise up in him, and he found himself envying his best friend.

Skye
June 19th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Cassidy's face turned a delicate pink at Professor Flitwick's compliment. She bit her lower lip and practiced the wand motion a little more, wondering for a moment if she would be able to grasp everything else. She glanced at Andrew, who appeared to be attempting to hide a pout.

Andrew tried to hide his envious feelings towards his sister. He practiced the swish and flick a few more times, and then folded his arms defiantly, satisfied with his performance for the day. Cassidy tried not to notice.

Nomad67
June 19th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Can I still sign-up?

Name: Justin Hunter
Physical characteristics: a bit tall and just barely fit for an eleven year old. Justin has short, spiky, jet black hair and dark brown eyes. He is fair skinned. When he is not wearing his Hogwarts robes and such, he can often be seen in comfortable clothes: loose fitting blue jeans and a comfortable black shirt.
Personality: Justin is a trouble maker. He can usually be found spending his free time in a detentions hall, or picking on his arch-enemy, Chris Miller.
Hobbies/Interests: Justin plays electric guitar, listening to musci and he loves to cause trouble for other people.
Pet: Bustrix, an albino snowy owl

So, can I still join?

Jesus Freak Josh
June 20th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Professor Flitwick wondered around the class giving comments. "Good.", "Careful!", "Just flick it a bit more that way...". He arrived at Josh. "Good Mr McScott. Quite excellent. Just a bit less of a movement at the swish."
Josh nodded and took a look at the one named Johann. He seemed to have a bit of trouble. He also noticed Flitwick move to him.
"Looks like you haven't used your wrist in a while young man," the professor said. "Maybe you should practice wrist movements a bit more in your common room tonight."

Skye
June 20th, 2005, 06:42 AM
OOC: Hope aboard, Nomad! The more the merrier!! :) Josh, let's finish it up in the next few posts so we can keep moving through the day, okay? The plot's going to thicken once we get through a day's worth of classes!

Jesus Freak Josh
June 20th, 2005, 01:14 PM
OOC: Well I'm pretty much done. Unless someone else wants to post do you want me to finish it now?

Nomad67
June 21st, 2005, 05:36 AM
Justin tried to make is feather flat one more time. If he could just make it float just a little, just a little, he could have no Homework. Nope he couldnt do it. Well, at least there's time left in the class. Maybe I can pick on someone. Hm... Justin thought. He looked back and saw Chris Millers, so he made a paper crane, and enchanted it to fly. He also attached a samll jinx to make him dance unstoppably for 2 hours as soon as he touched it. He blew it off of his desk and Chriss caught it. Then, he jumped up and started dancing wildly, just as the bell rang. Justin worked really hard to keep from laughing out loud. He grabbed his bag and stuffed his stuff in it and left the class. Haha.Well, who should I bother next.......? Justin thought as he left the class.

(So, that okay?)

Skye
June 21st, 2005, 08:55 AM
OOC: Not bad, Nomad, but remember that our characters are first year students...try to be as realistic as you can in terms of their abilities. Make sure you read through some of the posts so you can get a general idea of where we all are in terms of ability and what the classes are like.

Raichu Master
June 21st, 2005, 04:30 PM
Johann huffed, and threw his wand on the ground. With another huff, he folded his arms and leaned back in his chair. "This is stupid..." Johann muttered to himself, as he waited for some signal that class was over, hoping that the Professor didn't give them all homework.

All Alvender could do was chuckle at Johann's immature antics, still skillfully weaving his wand in the desired formation.

Jesus Freak Josh
June 21st, 2005, 08:57 PM
The bell rang. Professor Flitwick arose from his chair.
"Alrighty class," he said. "Be prepared for next lesson. Practicing the movement of the charm is the only homework tonight! You are dismissed!"
Josh got up and packed his bag, heading for the Great Hall.

Skye
June 22nd, 2005, 05:12 AM
Cassidy, with a small smile of satisfaction, got up from her seat and packed away her things. She pocketed her wand, and shouldered her bag. One look at Andrew told her he didn't want to be bothered, so she left him on his own, and headed for the Great Hall.

She sat down to her first lunch at Hogwarts feeling a lot more comfortable than she would have thought. The rest of the Ravenclaw were chatting around her excitedly, and she listened and watched half-wishing she could talk to them just as easily.

Andrew, meanwhile, was late walking out of Charms. He was in a rather sour mood as he passed out of the classroom, bitter for Cassidy leaving him alone, and at the same time very thankful. He stormed down the hallway quietly, a quiet fury, hardly taking notice of the odd stillness of the portraits on the wall Maybe Cassidy'd want to spar with him later to get his frustrations out.

He sat down in the Great Hall, not really looking at anyone, and found his attention drawn to the ceiling. The usual perfect replica of the sky outside seemed to flicker just a bit. He shrugged and turned to his food, the frustration from Charms impeeding his good mood.

Raichu Master
June 22nd, 2005, 05:49 AM
Alvender went ahead of Johann, who, like Andrew, stomped out of Charms with a sour mood. Obviously trying to do something cause he practically ran out of the room.

"Where's he off to?" Johann grumbled almost inaudibly. Looking at Andrew, Johann knew he was feeling exactly like himself. Smirking a bit, which looked misplaced on his twisted face of anger, Johann knew he'd like the kid.

Turning a corner, Johann got cracked in the face with a fist, which sent him sliding across the hall. "That's how you hit someone. You don't do it in front of the teachers!" Jordon's voice said through Johann clouded thoughts. As they stocked forward to Johann, he backed up against a wall, nursing his open cheek bone. Opening one eye, Johann saw Jordon and his goons ready to beat him down.

"No teachers around?" Johann asked trying to act miserable.

Apparently it worked, because they just smirked and Jordon said, "Nope, it's just us and you. Well soon only us when we take you down."

Taking one more glance to make sure there were no teachers. Johann smirked wickedly and said, "You fools." Shifting his weight against the wall, Johann catapolted himself to his feet. Wiping off the blood from his cheek, Johann threw his right fist forward. Easily being caught, Johann brought his knee to Jordon's stomache, making him double back. Johann then brought the knee into a flying roundhouse kick against the goon on the right, making contact with his jaw, making him flip hard to the floor. Then Johann kicked forward, and hitting his last goon between the legs, making him fall to the floor on the spot.

Johann chuckled to himself and walked passed the downed students. Johann made it to the Great Hall looking for Alvender, his eyes bloodshot eyes filled with anger from the fight. "Why didn't you tell me?" Johann asked as he wiped his cheek off and found Alvender with his possy of girls surrounding him.

"They were going to kill me if I didn't!" Alvender tried to protest, but he knew he wasn't putting up any arguement.

"So you let me take the punishment? What kind of friend let's his best friend down like that? You didn't even come help me, and you knew about it!" Johann said, his temper rising with every word. He knew better to strike at his best friend, he had that much self-control. There was another way to get at Alvender.

"You wouldn't have done that for me!" Alvender protested, but caught himself in the middle of the sentence. Johann, on more than 3 occassions had done exactly what Alvender didn't.

"I was always there for you! Even if I knew about them, most of them I did! I was there to stop it!" Johann spat bitterly. "You just lost your best friend," Johann growled as he wiped the blood off on his cheek and flicked it on Alvender. Walking away, Johann wasn't any more satisfied, but at least Alvender would learn his lessen.