PDA

View Full Version : Quiet on the Set!

EmeraldSky
May 3rd, 2005, 05:20 AM
For as long as you can remember, you've enjoyed watching the Pokemon anime. You always look forward to each new episode, so much so your family doesn't bother you whenever it's on--they know that you prefer not to be disturbed while you watch the latest exploits of Ash and the gang.

Imagine your surprise when you receive a letter in the mail saying that you've been invited on the set of Pokemon to take a backstage tour and watch the filming of an episode. You're psyched--this is your big chance to see what goes on behind the scenes of you favorite show!

Will you try to get your favorite character's autograph, shake secrets from the crew, or just sit back and watch the magic unfold?

A few things to remember:

There is security on the set; and they will not take to kindly to glomping.
The characters will talk to you, provided you not disturb them
There are some places on the set you can't go

Character's name
Character's age
Character's looks
Character's personality
Why does your character want to come to the Pokemon set?

Datriot
May 3rd, 2005, 05:49 AM
Name:D-Man
Looks:A musly guy with a big black coat on, also has shades on.
Personality:He always keeps his cool and he's a ladies man.
Why he wants to go on the Pokemon set:He is so in love with himself he wants everyone to witness his beuty so he wants try and convince the director to let him be on the show.

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 3rd, 2005, 09:19 AM
im a bit confused, when u say we go on the set, is it like that in the RP that the pokemon trainers are real or is it that we are human and would be meeting the voice actors?

EmeraldSky
May 3rd, 2005, 09:22 AM
For our purposes, the characters are real, okay?

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 3rd, 2005, 09:32 AM
sorry to ask so many questions, im a twit i know!

so does that mean that our character has pokemon of his own aswell? or is it that the charcters on the show are real but there pokemon are computer graphics?

NiNGi's Worst Nightmare
May 4th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Character's name: Silver Cooper

Character's age: 12

Character's looks: I will post a sprite later, I promise.

Character's personality: A bit hyper, but it must have been the doughnuts he found in the break room. He is usually cool, calm, and collected.

Why does your character want to come to the Pokemon set?: A chance to be a tv star, and there's a rumor of an Eevee running around that has alot in common with him.

EmeraldSky
May 4th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Actually, the characters and Pokemon are real!

obelisk-kun
May 4th, 2005, 06:47 PM
characters name devon
charachters appearance fire red male
charachters age 9
characters personality silent at times arrogant at times and caring at times
why does my character want to come to the set to meet ash bother them about misty leaving and to brag to his freinds

charizard_maa
May 5th, 2005, 02:26 AM
Character's name: Mike Anone
Character's age:15
Character's looks: Tall and skinly, Dark brown hair, dark skin, blue jeans and red shirt, and blue bag.
Male
Character's personality: Clam, cool and can be hyper active when excited.
Why does your character want to come to the Pokemon set? For the chacne to see a real live chrizard.

NiNGi's Worst Nightmare
May 5th, 2005, 04:27 PM
OOC: When do we start this? I'm about to go insane! (Of course, it may just be the 5:00 sugar rush XD)

~Amethyst_Callista_Moon~
May 5th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Name: Amethystia Callistia Moon (Amy)

Description: She's 4'10" at the most, but simply, she is just someone who you can't possibly comment. A blondie with a soft, azure hat, is also light skinned. She wears a cobalt shirt, with sapphires pinned on it. Simply enough, but she also wears a skirt of the same color with midnight black strokes embroidered on it. Her eyes are a cerulean color, and yet, she also wears an Amethyst locket, with the picture of her favorite Water-type: Vaporeon.

Personality: Amy may be a charming person, but she is sometimes known to be artistic and caring. As her life goes on, Amy is destined to be a master at handling water pokemon. Amy is willing to try new things and hopes to master her goals.

Part: Amy wishes to be a Water Guardian and gets to hold a Water Gem.

NiNGi's Worst Nightmare
May 5th, 2005, 04:44 PM
OOC: We can be in the show?! I thought it was like a meet-the-stars type thing!

EmeraldSky
May 5th, 2005, 06:19 PM
For the moment, you won't be in the show...but you may be asked to have a walk on role...

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 6th, 2005, 12:17 AM
o are we ready to start yet? or do we need more people?

EmeraldSky
May 6th, 2005, 06:17 AM
We'll wait for a few more takers before we set out, okay?

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 6th, 2005, 06:37 AM
no problem from me, i just love RP'ing so i always get impatient!

Dream Illusionist
May 6th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Can I still join?

Character's name: Philip
Character's age: 14
Character's looks: spiked black hair, short jeans, black shirt...
Character's personality: Timid, and a complete individualist.
Why does your character want to come to the Pokemon set?: He wanted to see Pokmons live.

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 6th, 2005, 08:10 AM
LOL
all this talk of when we are starting and i forgot to fill out the form!

Character's name: Zack
Character's age: 15
Character's looks: he is short with glasses and a black jacet and trousers and white trainers, he also wers a black cap
Character's personality:simply loves pokemon, is whizz at nything to do with pokemon
Why does your character want to come to the Pokemon set?:the chance to meet a real life pokemon!

obelisk-kun
May 7th, 2005, 06:53 PM
this is gonna be cool when do we start

EmeraldSky
May 7th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Right now!

A young girl smiled as a group of tourists gathered at the Pokemon set's entrance. Once everyone had arrived, she looked over her itenarary one last time, then spoke.

"Greetings, everyone...my name is Sophie, and on behalf of the crew, I'd like to welcome you to the Pokemon Backstage Tour. Here you get to meet the stars, chat with the crew, and watch the magic that brings Pokemon to your TVs every day.

Before we go, please remember these things..." and Sophie read from her checklist:

"All your personal belongings will be checked by security before we enter the soundstage; no flash photography or recording devices; and keep cell phones and pagers on vibrate or silent.

Any questions before we enter?"

obelisk-kun
May 7th, 2005, 08:08 PM
i rose(sp) my hand can i guest star

EmeraldSky
May 8th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Sophie just laughed. "Well, I wouldn't say you can, but every once in a while the director might ask for a walk on role.

Any other questions?"

obelisk-kun
May 8th, 2005, 06:46 AM
No not realy i said .

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 8th, 2005, 08:23 AM
''Wow!'' Zack said in astonishment!

i cant believe im actually here, this is like....a dream come true! hey wait is that ash over there!!!!''

NiNGi's Worst Nightmare
May 8th, 2005, 09:33 AM
"I have a question! I heard that there's an Eevee that supervises costumes. Can I go meet hi--her--it?" Silver looked around where they were, and got more excited after second until he spotted the costume trailer. His heart stopped for a second, then began to beat really fast. "It's in there...It's in there..."

EmeraldSky
May 8th, 2005, 06:07 PM
"All right...let's enter the soundstage." Sophie smiled as she led her group inside.

After the tourists had had their belongings checked by security, they were led into the dressing room hallway, where Sophie pointed out a star on the first door. "This is Ash's dressing room...usually normal people are not allowed inside, but your backstage passes are your clearance for the day."

Just then, another door with a star opened, and May emerged; her set crew following along behind her.

"Every star has their own set crew to take care of their belongings..." Sophie explained, just before Brock passed her in the hallway, en route to the hair and makeup room.

"Mornin', Sophie..." Brock smiled as he passed by then resumed reading the script.

obelisk-kun
May 8th, 2005, 06:13 PM
i rose my hand again and said could you put misty back on the show

EmeraldSky
May 8th, 2005, 06:24 PM
"As of right now, there are no plans to have Misty appear as a full time role, but in a future episode, she will make a small appearance." Sophie assured the group as she led them around the corner into the wardrobe room, where Ash was admiring himself in a mirror.

"This is the wardrobe room--where all the costumes are stored." Sophie began as she stooped down to pet Pikachu.

charizard_maa
May 9th, 2005, 02:22 AM
MIke was just following the group. He was looking at everything that Sophie said and notice she was tigth with the cast. Mike then saw Ash and raise his hand. He asked, "Will we be able to see a charizard today?"

EmeraldSky
May 9th, 2005, 04:25 AM
"Well, one doesn't appear in today's episode, but we have a few out in the field behind the director's quarters." Sophie explained.

Ash, meanwhile, just studied the script as if nothing was going on.

Dream Illusionist
May 9th, 2005, 05:53 AM
"Well, this is silly... why did I even came here?"-muttered Philip, on the back of the group.
"This place is annoying. I hope at least I can meet TR and Pokmons..."

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 9th, 2005, 08:09 AM
''WOW!''

I ran straight over to ash and said...

'I AM LIKE THE BIGGEST FAN OF YOU!! my name is.....it's....eeeem, well that doesnt matter, can i have your autograph??''

EmeraldSky
May 9th, 2005, 08:27 AM
"Uh, sure..." Ash reached for a pen on the vanity and signed the fan's autograph book.

Sophie was about to say more when a roar interrupted everything.

"Pika?" Pikachu asked the hairdresser.

"Oh the director changed his mind about wanting a Charizard in today's episode..." the hairdresser replied as Ash departed the room and Jessie and Meowth arrived.

Dream Illusionist
May 9th, 2005, 09:34 AM
"Oh, the fabled Rockets! Nice... Gotta ask them an autograph later..."
"Miss!"-he raised his hand-"Where are we going now?"

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 9th, 2005, 09:39 AM
''Yeah i wanna see that Charizard!''

Zack said with great enthusiasm, looking around the dressing room.

Dream Illusionist
May 9th, 2005, 10:08 AM
"Calm down!"-He shouted to Zack
"You look like a baby, doing stuff like that...!"

EmeraldSky
May 9th, 2005, 10:30 AM
"Next is the prop room, where all the Poke Balls, items and anything else our stars need are stored." Sophie explained, watching the crew grab pieces of the Fortree City set.

OOC: The episode we're filming is the Fortree City Feather Carnival...although it's not in English yet, we'll assume it is for RP purposes

NiNGi's Worst Nightmare
May 9th, 2005, 02:43 PM
"Oh my G-- IT'S THE EEVEE!!!!" Silver ran towards the furry brown costume manager, reaching for his autograph book and pen.
"Can I have your--" Silver stopped as he heard a rumbling. There was a vibration in the earth, then a sound Silver never heard before...Sort of like a... "STAMPEDE! The Tauros pen got opened!" A stage manager ran by Silver waving his arms like a lunatic. Silver looked in the direction he was running from only to see a wave of brown and dust coming everyone's way.

EmeraldSky
May 9th, 2005, 03:24 PM
"What's going on?" Winona peeked out of the hair and makeup room just in time to see the giant mess the Tauros had made.

"Oh, somebody left the Tauros pen open..." the director grumbled. "It's okay, Miss Winona...we should be ready to film in twenty minutes, tops."

charizard_maa
May 10th, 2005, 02:28 AM
Mike was excited knowing that there going to be able to see a chrizard but to meet one. Mike check if he had his autograph book. The book was in there so now he able to get everybody's autograph.

Now they were pasting the prop room where many pokeballs and other items can be found. Mike grab a pokeball and asked the lady, "Do these pokeballs have pokemon in them?"

EmeraldSky
May 10th, 2005, 08:45 AM
"Some of them do, and some of them don't...but I wouldn't advise throwing them." Sophie explained as the group rounded a corner, where they saw a "QUIET PLEASE--RECORDING IN SESSION" sign on the door." Our last stop before we proceed to the set is the recording studio...this is where the narrator records his dialogue, and when a musical number needs to be recorded, this is where it happens.

"Usually, the music is recorded in here, then the performers act out playing instruments; but sometimes the script will ask someone to actually perform live."

Dream Illusionist
May 10th, 2005, 09:55 AM
"Man... these other people are mad..... They look like two-year old babies.... Couldn't they be a little more serious?"
Phillip raised his hand.
"Miss, are we going to be abe tio be with pokmons that won't be on the show today?"

EmeraldSky
May 10th, 2005, 10:12 AM
"Today's episode does feature a crowd scene, so you'll see plenty of Pokemon." Sophie began, but was interrupted by a whistle from the director. "Okay, places!" The set erupted in confusion as the actors and the crew hurried into their positions.

"Okay..." the director started as he made a few notes on his clipboard. "Episode 360: Who's Flying Now...Lights!" A pair of lights flashed on the group. "Camera!"

"Rolling!" a cameraman called back

"And...action!"

charizard_maa
May 11th, 2005, 02:36 AM
Mike was so excite to see a show was actually happening rigth before there eyes. Mike watch as the characters enter the stage. He then saw the guy who does The Narrator voice was. MIke didn't believe he saw the Narrator, unseenable character of the show. Now he wish he brougth his camera.

Dream Illusionist
May 11th, 2005, 02:41 AM
"There..."-he thought to himself-"...now I can relax and enjoy this without the others bothering me..."

He then sat on a chair, and started seeing the show.

EmeraldSky
May 11th, 2005, 05:25 AM
"Let's start from after the narrator finishes, okay?" the director began. "And...action!"

With that, Ash started to sing along to the background music as the group walked...but the singing seemed to continue a little longer than usual?

"Uh, line?" May stammered.

Dream Illusionist
May 11th, 2005, 05:31 AM
"Oh god..."-Phillip thought to himself.-"I didn't know they were so dumb.."
He then asked the lady were was he bathroom.
"I better put some water into my face..."-he thought.

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 11th, 2005, 08:10 AM
zack was so excited, he couldnt believe he was hear! he couldnt resist any more, he ran up to the director
'can I have your autograph'

The director looked at him in shock]

))C- hehehe Im the little troublke maker ^_^

EmeraldSky
May 11th, 2005, 08:41 AM
"Bathrooms are located down that hall over there." Sophie assured the group as the crew set up the prompters

charizard_maa
May 12th, 2005, 02:24 AM
Mike pulled up a chair too just Phillip and sat down. This show going to be a good one. Mike also hummed the theme song too. Mike said, "They finally made it to Fortree City. About time."

Dream Illusionist
May 12th, 2005, 02:47 AM
Philip then hurried to the bathroom, and when there, he splashed some water into his face.
"What in the world am I doing here..."-he kept saying to himself.
He then decided to go back, and enjoy it, no matter the problems.

charizard_maa
May 12th, 2005, 02:56 AM
Mike saw Phippip come back and said to himself, "What is his problem?" Then look on to the stage and saw the forest and tree like set.

Mike then thougth to himself that he need some pop corn and a soda. MIke said, "That would be nice to have rigth now. Just how I would like to enjoy my show." He then look back to the stage.

EmeraldSky
May 12th, 2005, 06:13 AM
"Okay...'Who's Flying Now?', take 2...and, action!" the director called. The rest of the scene went without incident.

charizard_maa
May 13th, 2005, 02:22 AM
Mike watch the scene as there was no propblem with it this time. But Mike was still hungry so he look back and see if there are any conssins back there. As hye thougth there was nothing but he saw againg there was a snake machine. Mike tried no to make to much noise and said to Sophie, "Can we us that snake machine?" Then he pointed to the on in the corner."

EmeraldSky
May 13th, 2005, 06:01 AM
"Sure, you can get a snack while the tech crew sts up the next scene." Sophie replied, watching as the tech crew brought in pieces of the Fortree set.

Just then, the three Rockets walked onto the set. "Is it time for our scene yet?" Meowth asked.

"It is...if we can find the Chimecho backstage..." the director sighed.

charizard_maa
May 16th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Mike was walking towards the candy machine. THen he saw Team Rocket and he said, "They here. Must be time for them to be on set." Mike finally got his dollar into the machine and got his bag of chips and a coke. Then he was walking back and saw a Chimecho float rigth past him. It look as if it was flying away from the stage. Mike said, "Well that was something you don't see everyday." Then he went to sat down.

EmeraldSky
May 16th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Just then, a crash was heard backstage.

"What was that?" the director asked.

"We found the Chimecho--just make it calm down enough to behave for the camera!" a crew member called as he tried to catch the giggly Chimecho.

charizard_maa
May 17th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Mike hread the chimecho that was suppost to be in the show. He smile and said, "So that is the chimecho that is going to be in the show. I just saw it floating around." He then he grab some chips and ate them. Then he said, "What a small world."

EmeraldSky
May 17th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Just then, a scream was heard backstage, startling everyone!

The director sighed. "Could someone get the Chimecho out of Miss Winona's dressing room?"

Dream Illusionist
May 17th, 2005, 10:02 AM
"Aww....Chimecho...."-he thought
Well he had to maintain that rude position, so he asked:
"Can I go get him, then, miss?"

EmeraldSky
May 17th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Just then, a crew member carefully grabbed the Chimecho out of Winona's closet and carried it to the set, where he carefully set it in a tree branch.

"Now are we ready to resume filming?" the director asked. The crew and the Rockets nodded. "'Who's Flying Now?', take 3...and...action!"

charizard_maa
May 18th, 2005, 02:23 AM
MIke laugth and said, "Well that is diffenitly something you don't see everyday." Then he took a slip out of his coke. Mike look around and saw Philip and asked him, "When do you think we get our walk on role?"

EmeraldSky
May 18th, 2005, 05:16 AM
"Walk-on roles are created at the director's discretion, so whenever he needs one, he'll pick one of you for a role." Sophie explained, just in time to hear the director call "Stunt Meowth!"

Dream Illusionist
May 18th, 2005, 05:49 AM
"Oh, didn't know Meoth had a stunt double..."

He seemed suprised, even knowing that even actors need doubles. He thought that Pokmon would do things themselves.
"Oh, when this part is over, can we hang out with the pokmons?"-Phillip asked.

EmeraldSky
May 18th, 2005, 05:54 AM
The director smiled as the stunt went off without a hitch. "Very nice...Now, let's assemble the city set..." With that, the crew began to bring in the Fortree City set.

"You can mingle with our stars, but behave yourself, lest you want to explain glomping to security." Sophie cautioned.

"Tanks for doin' dat fall for me..." Meowth smiled, as he patted his stunt double on the shoulder

charizard_maa
May 19th, 2005, 02:24 AM
Meowth has a stunt double. Wow thougth Mike. Then Mike Walk up to Team Rocket and said, "Well I know that you guys blast a LOT in the show. When you guys blast off. Do you have a double that blast off for you?" Mike is hopeing that they say know. It be so cool if they did their own blast off.

EmeraldSky
May 19th, 2005, 05:16 AM
"Well..if da blast-off involves heavy objects or Pikachu shockin' us, den da stunt doubles do it.." Meowth explained.

"Otherwise, we do our own blast-offs." Jessie added.

"A typical blast-off usually takes about three takes to get right." the director continued. "Once to check if all the equipment is working, again so we can determine if we need to bring in the stunt doubles, and again for the camera."

charizard_maa
May 20th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Mike was amaze about the blast off process. They do their own sometimes. Mike then thougth about something else he wants to tell Team Rocket then it came to him. Mike asked, "What happen to the gyarados sub? WHy don't you use it any more?"

EmeraldSky
May 20th, 2005, 05:32 AM
"We still have the Gyarados sub, but it's in the repair bay." The director assured the fan before he called "Cut!"

Everyone began to relax as the heroes took their places again on the newly assembled Fortree set.

"Go find Winona and tell her that she's on..." the director whispered to a crew member.

charizard_maa
May 20th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Mike saw that they were going back to work so he found his seat and sat down. He then saw that Winona made it to the scene. Mike thougth that she did look better in person. Even with those clothes on. Mike then grab some chips and stuff them in his month.

EmeraldSky
May 21st, 2005, 05:13 AM
A crowd of kids made their way to the set as the soundstage's ceiling opened up to reveal the sunny blue sky.

"Okay, flying scene, take 1..." the director began...

charizard_maa
May 21st, 2005, 09:28 PM
Mike thought these kids were for the kids who were going to fly on Winonas pokemon. It sure feels warm now since they open up the ceiling. The bright sunlight and cool breeze. A Skarmory was seen flying in the sky. It could be seen from where Mike was sitting a girl was up there in the steel bird pokemon. When the pokemon landed, Winona set down to the floor and asked one of the young children if they wanted a ride on skarmory.

EmeraldSky
May 22nd, 2005, 04:21 AM
OOC: I've updated the episode title with the official dub title, okay?

BIC: The director signaled for an aerial camera to take its position as the Skarmory took off, then turned to the group. "Would you guys like to be in this scene by riding the Skarmory?"

Dream Illusionist
May 22nd, 2005, 07:07 AM
"Yeah! Sure!"-Philip said.
"We came all this way, time for a little fun!"

charizard_maa
May 23rd, 2005, 02:28 AM
Mike then jump up and was happy to be asked to be part of the scene. Mike said, "About time!!" He walked really fast towards the set. Then he saw Phillip walking towards the set so Mike asked, "Do you want to ride first or do you want me to go first? I ok with either decidion you make."

EmeraldSky
May 23rd, 2005, 06:50 AM
"All right..." the director explained to the extras. "The gang's probably going to see you when you fly...and we have chaser Pidgeottos to catch you if you fall off."

charizard_maa
May 24th, 2005, 02:44 AM
NIce thougth Mike. We going to be on TV. Sweet. Mike then asked, "Where do I go?" Then he walk around and see if he could find a place to sit on the pokemon.

EmeraldSky
May 24th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Winona walked out to greet the crowd of children and extras...just in time to hear the director say "Okay...flying scene, take 1...action!"

The chaser Pidgeottos and aerial cameras followd the magnificent Skarmory as it flew...

charizard_maa
May 25th, 2005, 02:56 AM
Mike was waiting for his turn on the Skarmory. He was a bit nervous now Being on TV where are his friends are going to be watching him. Well he just got to make sure he dosen't embrass himself.