PDA

View Full Version : The PokéCommunity Get-Together 4 Preview

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 14th, 2004, 01:45 AM
The PokéCommunity Get-Together 4 - Coming Soon
Here at the community, events are everywhere. There are always times when threads could do well in posting but don't stand out, and in other times in the event of a party, they do well.
Us Forum Leaders like it when people have a great time.
So, everyone, we deseprately need your help and the moderators help, by gathering as many people as you can to the get together. Start announcing this date!
The 4th Get-together will be held from February 6 @ 12:00 AM to February 8th when it's midnight.
Anyway, here are the fun events happening on the get-together:

The original Get-Together thread. You know the routine. Invite members, get together, you know the rest.

Another chain story based this time on the members. It will include new characters from Advanced Series, and you can add yourself to the action! Write with flair and keep it active. And get new friends.

A new addition, a singing contest! With .wav files, your microphone and the community sing to your hearts content and get rated. Do it creatively. Get the instrumentals from your favorite songs or sing one solo without music.

Now for the Picture Contest! If you have pictures of you dressed as a character from your favorite anime, manga or games (a costume of your favourite Pokémon for example) or a cos-play dress up in it and be judged.

Last but not least, the second Creative Writing Competition. Like writing? Perhaps poetry? Pick your subject free choice! See how good you write when the judges rate it.

And what else is added to this get-together?
As an added bonus, the Get-Together lasts for:
3 days!
Prepare yourself - for the ultimate get-together ever at the Community!

Some of the ideas mentioned in this get-together are thanks to Master Kwesi Nkromah.

John Denver
January 16th, 2004, 05:58 PM
And honestly, this time, enough with the stupid food fight and icon war stuff...it just floods and takes up time for the page to load...thankee

BOO ya!

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 17th, 2004, 03:12 AM
I agree. Should there be any, I believe there will be a new thread.
Dakota, sing in the contest for the females lol.

Purin
January 17th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Singing contest? I would like to join in, but I don't really listen to any kind of songs X_X
Zapchu should be interested in the cosplay activity, since she has made some :)

Hikaru's Twin
January 17th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Hey, the Singing Contest sounds interesting! Maybe i could sing Hikaru's "Gekiganger V" song from the Nadesico Anime lol. It's one that i actually know all the words to, despite it being in Japanese ^_^;; but i can't see myself doing that unless i get a decent microphone, then again i probably wouldn't do it anyway, i'd embarrass myself too much, i think o_o;

Latios Master
January 17th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Wow, PC Get-Together 4? Cool! I thought there were only 2 so far. I've missed every one so far... I'll try my best to make it to this one! I hope that I win the fanfic contest for my story, "Latios Master: The Born Legend". ^_^

Kayleigh
January 17th, 2004, 01:09 PM
I have plenty of songs that I would sing, if I could. XD I don't have a mic, and not being able to sing good period doesn't help.

Want me to sticky this, Vito?

[EDIT] Wait... It already is stickied. o__o; *smacks herself* I knew I should've checked.

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 17th, 2004, 02:56 PM
The third Get-Together was raised, but it failed to spring.

I'm trying to attract as much attention as I can.

I might make the cosplay contest a costume contest - dress yourself beautifully.

Here's jobs people can do:
As many people for PMing the other members -
Sticking of the Get-Together Thread when coming on - Kayleigh
Singing Contest Judges (3) - Kayleigh,
Picture Contest Judges (2) - Kayleigh,
Creative Writing Competition Judge (2) -

More will come - if people suggest any more events for the get together unless everyone agrees it's enough.

Kayleigh
January 17th, 2004, 03:01 PM
I'll do the sticking, and be a judge for the Singing or Picture contest, if that's okay. ^_^ Either one is fine.

Dizzy
January 17th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Singing Contest? Will I be able to take part or am I not allowed?

Frostweaver
January 17th, 2004, 03:06 PM
you just need a mic and some way to record your sound... then sing with your mic on and submit it ^_^;

Sapphire Titan
January 17th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Is that eastern time? lol

Also, can I be a judge for the creative writing?

Rift
January 17th, 2004, 04:32 PM
a singing contest!? Lol! this should be good! :laugh:

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 17th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Yes times are EST. Kayleigh I'm adding your positions now.

Purin
January 17th, 2004, 08:11 PM
I was thinking...since the Pokemon games have some nice songs (without words of course), why not come out with a song writing competition for them? Like words for the surfing music?
It can also double for the singing competition, I think =P

22sa
January 17th, 2004, 09:02 PM
And honestly, this time, enough with the stupid food fight and icon war stuff...it just floods and takes up time for the page to load...thankee

BOO ya!
Yea, I don't have faith in PC's server. How did the 3rd Get-Together go btw?

Dizzy
January 18th, 2004, 12:23 AM
So am I allowed to participate? Maybe I should write a song for the community.. would you guys like that?

H.A.W.K.
January 18th, 2004, 10:15 AM
If you want dizzy. I will help you with the song.. Ya we should make a PC theme song...!

22sa
January 18th, 2004, 11:55 AM
So am I allowed to participate? Maybe I should write a song for the community.. would you guys like that?
Why not? =D If you want to. That'd be cool :cool:

John Denver
January 18th, 2004, 01:10 PM
PC theme song eh...

*whips out the elton ohn glasses*

"you are the pokeCommUNiTAY!!"

Ok that's gotta stop, but anyway, is the get together date subject to change?

AaaaaaaaaaBOO YA!?

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 18th, 2004, 01:33 PM
It's a tentative date really, but I'll be there to activate it. So send invitations to everyone you know people! This is to be the biggest event at the community to date.

22sa - no. The get-together 3 was as flat as a pancake. You organize the fifth one OK? Make sure you come up with bright events like this one, or Kwesi won't support it as much.

H.A.W.K.
January 19th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Well Dizzy. Why wouldn't you be able to participate! I mean. You are a member. what would make you different and not be able to go!

John Denver
January 19th, 2004, 08:23 AM
3 days long eh?

lets just hope that the server doesn't decide to delete the thread all of a sudden...erk, thousands of posts just LOST!

hmm

BOO ya!

Hiroshi Sotomura
January 19th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Less likely, Dakota. We've got a marvellous database and such a bright server.
It's not up to the server whether threads get deleted, it's the fault of the database. The database keeps the information, not the server.

Arwen
January 19th, 2004, 02:04 PM
I will be able to come because it's after my midterms and the 2nd part of my semester.

John Denver
January 20th, 2004, 03:20 PM
that's good...the more the merrier...9 years probation

BOO ya!

Shadow
January 20th, 2004, 05:14 PM
I may actually come to this one....I've been on during a Get-Together, but I never went to the Get-Together topic. I don't know why though.

22sa
January 24th, 2004, 10:57 PM
It's a tentative date really, but I'll be there to activate it. So send invitations to everyone you know people! This is to be the biggest event at the community to date.

22sa - no. The get-together 3 was as flat as a pancake. You organize the fifth one OK? Make sure you come up with bright events like this one, or Kwesi won't support it as much.
Bleh, I don't have much optimism for the Get-Together at all anymore. o.O

John Denver
January 25th, 2004, 03:10 PM
I'll prolly forget about it...I dunno why..I salways seem to forget big events...BAH!

*must remember*

BOO ya!

22sa
January 25th, 2004, 05:19 PM
I'll prolly forget about it...I dunno why..I salways seem to forget big events...BAH!

*must remember*

BOO ya!
Me too, sometimes. Can't get the fact that's it's a big event through my head. :D :D :P

John Denver
January 27th, 2004, 05:40 PM
hmm...I forgot when it's gonna happen!

oh crap I think I have wrestling tat day...SHYZAH KAMPF!!

oh well

BOO ya!

22sa
January 30th, 2004, 12:02 PM

oh well

BOO ya!
Better not miss your wrestling then. =P

Arcanine
January 30th, 2004, 12:14 PM

oh well

BOO ya!
*Brakes in and burns down the wrestling place*
Hey Dakota guess what, you can come to the get-together now. XD

22sa
January 30th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Arcanine, I didn't know you were a commando. =P

Kairi
January 30th, 2004, 12:46 PM
I didn’t know you were frozen either. =p

So you don’t want to do five? ._.;

Blaine
January 31st, 2004, 10:10 AM
I don't think I'll be attending for numerous reasons.

A) My microphone no longer works for some reason.

B) I never fit in at these gatherings.

C) Few will aknowledge me there.

D) The night it begins I will be preparing for my ACT which I take the next day and Sunday I shall be completing my school assignments.

So, hope ya'll have fun.

Xtreme_Pokemaster
January 31st, 2004, 12:34 PM
only 2 days long? awwww... why not make it 5 days so about EVERYONE can come?

Also, for a contest, there could be an animation making contest

22sa
January 31st, 2004, 02:58 PM
I don't think I'll be attending for numerous reasons.

A) My microphone no longer works for some reason.

B) I never fit in at these gatherings.

C) Few will aknowledge me there.

D) The night it begins I will be preparing for my ACT which I take the next day and Sunday I shall be completing my school assignments.

So, hope ya'll have fun.
lol, No one fits in, there's like always 3 topics going on at once...

Blaine
February 1st, 2004, 08:37 PM
lol, No one fits in, there's like always 3 topics going on at once...
Heh, oh well. Either way, I still will be unable to attend, sadly... I shall be dreading the dreaded test reserved for seniors in upper school...>.<

22sa
February 1st, 2004, 08:44 PM
Heh, oh well. Either way, I still will be unable to attend, sadly... I shall be dreading the dreaded test reserved for seniors in upper school...>.<
lol, now that's what I call achievement! XD :cool:

John Denver
February 2nd, 2004, 06:17 AM
If I do come to the get together, it'll prolly only be for a couple of minutes :(

but guys, if you have the chance, you should come to the get together..it gives you brownie points...

BOO ya!

bna_li
February 2nd, 2004, 06:30 AM
What can you use to record you voice? I live in China, what time would it be?

Haruka
February 6th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Is it sposed to start at 7:00 PM EST Today?

It didn't start yet.

Pokemaster10000
February 6th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Did it start now yet???? :\

Dizzy
February 6th, 2004, 08:49 PM
I don't know if I'll be able to make it :(. But if I do make it, don't expect me on long enough. Is that good enough?

100marios
February 6th, 2004, 08:54 PM
If I do come to the get together, it'll prolly only be for a couple of minutes :(

but guys, if you have the chance, you should come to the get together..it gives you brownie points...

BOO ya!
Brownie points eh?
Hmm....that wins me over hehe.....
Ok! I suppose I shall participate!....although I don't know much about it.

Haruka
February 6th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Best bet is to start it tommow at a convient time... hmmm.

100marios
February 6th, 2004, 08:59 PM
I think it's supposed to be starting......right now!
.....at least on my clock. My computer says 11:59....so 1 minute!

Haruka
February 6th, 2004, 09:00 PM
I have a bedtime! I can't stay here all night.

Haruka
February 6th, 2004, 09:04 PM
I'll post some today and post some tommrow....

So along carol. CPU Kirby is creeping up to you. XD

Hiroshi Sotomura
February 6th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Can someone unstiky and close this thread? It's quite frankly had enough in the popularity part as the get-together has already started!

Kairi
February 6th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Done Masato-kun, easy. ^_^