PDA

View Full Version : What If Pokemon.com had its own Forums?

Kyosuke
September 12th, 2003, 12:45 PM
What do you think would happen if it had its own forum?

I would think that it be very confusing, to figure out who people are, and there would be hundreds of users one at the same time to make it even worse.

Kairi
September 12th, 2003, 12:49 PM
They'd be heavily moderated by pros and not much real discussion could go on about things that aren't 100% NOA confirmed. This if for Pokmon General, and I'll move it.

latiosspud
September 12th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Yeah and that would really suck.

Dizzy
September 12th, 2003, 02:09 PM
i wouldnt join , it would be all american junk , i like the japanese news cuz its the truth ^^

Frostweaver
September 12th, 2003, 02:52 PM
not to mention, not that much true pokemon veterans will join because we all know that pokemon.com news are all ancient... if pokemon.com posts something "new" up, we'll know them a month ago from other sites...

not to mention, as an official site, freedom of speech is even more limited... they'll place very strict rules for "flame"...

Haruka
September 12th, 2003, 03:00 PM
And not too many people would join a offical forum. People want to stay where they are because most of the people know them there.

Jason
September 12th, 2003, 03:41 PM
yesws official sites sucks. I hate them. Most people prefers Serebii more than Pokemon.com

Kyosuke
September 12th, 2003, 04:29 PM
ya, because the official sites only have the general info, not anything extra, like how to get certain things in games, or something like that.

But if pokemon.com really had forums, it would just not be enjoyable at all since people of all ages would post, and it would be really tight on what you could say.

Jason
September 12th, 2003, 04:53 PM
There will be LOADs and LOADs and LOADs of spammers there

Esurified
September 12th, 2003, 05:23 PM
Indeed, the staff will almost have to stay on 24/7, all night long! I cant do that cuz. Official stuff goes by the "American Pokemon" stuff which is lame like Dizzy said and no game news are givin much. If I wanted all that stuff they giving, I'll go to Nintendo.com!

G-LANCE
September 12th, 2003, 06:06 PM
not to mention all the little kids who would probably come and spam like every day, who'd wanna be mod there?

Jason
September 12th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Not me cause i hatse spammers.....

Kyosuke
September 12th, 2003, 06:13 PM
They would proberly have pre-set mods, there would most likely not be any mods that are picked because they seem they could handle the job.

Jason
September 12th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Ehh...Pokemon.com will use the smae was as Gamefaqs cause they are jusdt newbies.

Esurified
September 12th, 2003, 06:37 PM
Ehh...Pokemon.com will use the smae was as Gamefaqs cause they are jusdt newbies.
True dat, true dat! Besides, the site layout is what bothers me. It is full of FLASH! I HATE FLASH!!

Kyosuke
September 12th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Ya too much flash is sometimes a bad thing, it just tries cover up the bad quality of it if it were actully there.

Jason
September 12th, 2003, 06:43 PM
I hate flash too CURSE FLASH!!!!

mewthree w/armor
September 13th, 2003, 08:04 AM
The forums would suck, it wouldn't be worth the webspace they would be put on...and I also REALLY HATE flash.

Jason
September 13th, 2003, 11:43 AM
i agree they will go to the worst site list of the whole time.

Miyu-chan
September 13th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Ehhh...there would be a lot of members, and I'll probally won't join. ;P

Frostweaver
September 13th, 2003, 05:51 PM
not to mention that so much flash is like slows down your comp... as if my comp isn't slow enough

gamefaqs suffer the same problem... it's all SPAM and junk

Omega-Brendan
September 14th, 2003, 12:40 AM
A little Flash is ok for a lil entertainment, but the whole site is FLASH! lil kids enjoy alot O-o

Dizzy
September 14th, 2003, 04:54 PM
lol its eyecandy of course lil kiddies are gunna like Oooo momy look at the pikachu! ..... i wouldnt join it . they have news from like last year still on the main page

Haruka
September 14th, 2003, 07:46 PM
and also they will put the COPPA freature on so people under 13 years old needs parent's permission.. and also they will use even worst message board system than vB. They will use YaBB.. How would you feel about that.. I wouldn't join at all.