View Full Version : Digimon... Making a comeback?

January 16th, 2004, 4:55 AM
Nothing new here. There have been many rumors found about season five with some of them confirmed. GO to the fourm section of TV TOme's Digimon website. Look for Digimon Season 5 Rumors, posted by FusionSonicX. Digimon should be coming back in about 2 years.

Digimon World 4 will be coming out some time in April. It will most like be a storyline of Tamers of Frontier. It has been rumored that it will be like the game Henry played in Tamers. With a card swiper and cards sold seperetly. You will need a recevier for this too. It will be for Playstation 2 and Gamecube.

Note: Majin Vegeta from PPN posted this... So does anyone support what FusionSonicX says? And finally, Digimon World 4 is here! Yay!

Latios Master
January 17th, 2004, 1:35 PM
Well, I have Digimon World 3, and I liked it, so 4 will probably be even better. I thought Digimon would never come back but I guess I was wrong. Good thing too. ^_^ If there is a season 5, I sure hope it comes back to FOX. I wasn't able to watch season 4 because of it being on cable. -_-

January 17th, 2004, 1:40 PM
Yay!!! The Return of Digimon!!!!!!

January 17th, 2004, 5:32 PM
I say that digimon will never return. At least not to the original state thatt it was before. What killed digimon was the combined attack of both Yugioh and Pokemon. In the middle of the third season you could see it comin. Both Yugioh and Pokemon had a much more wider market then Digimon as in trading card games and tv shows. The Digimon card game never hit it off, infact none of the card shops in my area caried said cards becuase of the low popularity of the product. But what put the nail in the coffin was the 4th Digimon Season and the converstion from Fox to UPN to ABC Family ( atleast in my area). Fox is what made the tv series great becuase they had the profits and the right people to market digimon to its fullest. When it moved to UPN they barely showed commercials of the 4th and 3rd seasons and just let it sit there waiting to sit there and gater cob-webs. I also think that the 4th season was the worst season out of the bunch, no questions asked. The said Fifth season may bring digimon back from the a little bit if produced and marketed right, but one video game is not gonna bring back an entire franchise. well i gave my 2 cents.

January 17th, 2004, 5:53 PM
I somwhat agree that it will never get the the bang it once had and he is right that the fourth season was the worst :dead: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 17th, 2004, 9:34 PM
Hmmm... So er... Let's hop it really is gonna come back with something BETTER! Like more old style stuff... but come to think of it, what else do you have? They've used the cards, they've used fusing wiht a spirit and they've used the partner ideas... maybe they'll use the plot fo D Chronicles...

January 17th, 2004, 10:21 PM
I never under stood digi mon. And the characters look weird. Bu I guess I'm happy for you if you like digimon...

January 17th, 2004, 11:41 PM
I used to like the show but around second season it's gotten really boring and I only watched the third season because there's nothing better on TV...haven't seen the fourth season yet (blah blah New Zealand is really slow on anime shows) and is the fourth season supposed to be called Digimon Frontiers ? That's what I heard...

January 17th, 2004, 11:44 PM
If I'm right, the fourth season of Digimon has been here for months already (I think it was the kids who can morph into a Digimon with some kind of shrine stuff, right?)
I'm not interested in it now but the 1st season was the best in my opinion.

John Denver
January 18th, 2004, 2:15 PM
Digimon was kind of strange...I always wondered when the digivolution would stop...

"Agumon! Mega Metal Super version3 act 4 volume 2 of the 3rd degree Digidata digivolve to! PHLARK!"

I think that the first 2 seasons of digimon where one of the best anime shows ever made in the history of the world...but...season 3 was just retarded...sad

for me, pokemon was killed at season 4....

Yugioh died for me after season 1...bring pegasus back!

heh, BOO ya!

January 18th, 2004, 2:24 PM
Digmon was great up to the 3rd season it freaked me out a bit that the people in the show were watching the people we were watching on T.V @_@;; they should have just continued on with orgional 8 *sigh*.

January 18th, 2004, 2:27 PM
I don't understand how the digimon evolve? A little poke dex lookin thing does it.

January 18th, 2004, 3:20 PM
Yugioh died for me after season 1...bring pegasus back!
They do. Although, he doesn't have much of a role. o_O He just gets his soul taken away within, like, the first episode of being back. ^_^

Anyway... I'm glad I'm not the only one who started disliking Digimon after the second season ended... x_X; Almost everywhere I go, people are going on about how the 3rd and 4th seasons were the greatest ever because of character development (although, with such boring characters to begin with, I can see why there was so much development -_-)...

It's pretty much dead here, too. o_o;; It still on YTV, but there aren't any commercials for it and no one really watches it.

January 18th, 2004, 4:45 PM
Well. Digimon's characters look weird.. Almost like beyblade people!

January 18th, 2004, 4:51 PM
It's not weird, it's just the style of the people who did the character design. That's what I like about anime - the different types of style. =\ It would be boring if all anime used the same type of design as, say, Pokemon or something. There wouldn't be enough variety.

January 18th, 2004, 4:53 PM
I know. Me stupid. I would get confused with all the animes.. The difference would be slim in some of those animes! LOL!

January 18th, 2004, 5:46 PM
wait... there was a 4th season... never knew that

January 19th, 2004, 3:24 PM
I loved the first two seasons, and probably the third too if it had ever come on. =\ But the fourth... *shudders* Not only were the characters a little boring, but they actually evolved into Digimon. o__o; That just really freaked me out. I think what they should have done was continue with all of the first and second season characters; they were the best. (Even though I thought Takato was really cute. ._. In the little-adorable-kind-of-cute way!)

January 19th, 2004, 3:37 PM
I actully only watched maybe 10 or 11 episodes in the first and seond season.. It was like a last thing i would do...If there was nothing on tv

January 19th, 2004, 3:53 PM
I too also liked the first two seasons.
The third and fourth season got a little bit too babyish in my opnion.
So therefore I believe Digimon won't be as good as it was before.

January 19th, 2004, 4:18 PM
It's not babsh. It's just that your and we are getting older.DIgimon is staying in the same age group..

January 19th, 2004, 4:42 PM
It not babyish well maybe a little but thankfully here they showing digimon from And So It Begins-the end of season 4 its already to the Piedmon thing anyways back to point. The reason i think some people dont like the 3rd and 4th season is beacuase its just freaky that peoples evolve in to Digimon(digital monsters) and that they got to love the origionals (ex: Taichi, Daisuke) well thats why i thoguht it was worse and i heard rumors that there making a nother tamers season *sigh*.

January 19th, 2004, 4:49 PM
I dont know, but the 3rd and 4rth seasons seemed more childish and suffered from a repetitive storyline. Monster pops up, they kill it. Monster pops up tey kill it. Somebody digivolves further. Kill it. Same stuff over and over

latios tamer
January 19th, 2004, 5:59 PM
chaox is right its always the same every episode

January 19th, 2004, 8:27 PM
I don't like Digimon at all... for these reasons

1. they look ugly
2. I don't like their magna
3. other reasons... because pokemon is 2x better than digimon.

January 19th, 2004, 9:23 PM
Seasons 1, 2, and 3 were the best personally, but now..... I don't know, the majority of the fans are starting to turn away from it, and if they want them back, they better bring back some of the unpredicability that the first 3 seasons had.

January 29th, 2004, 1:15 AM
Ending of season 2 was so good... I actually cried...

January 29th, 2004, 2:53 AM
Hmm, I have only really watched Season 4, as it's the main season my Digimon site is based on... but I felt the ending was rushed... they could've put more episodes to see what the Digidestined's lives were at school and the like...

February 3rd, 2004, 4:08 PM
For me the best season was the 2nd one and bout the thread I read somewhere on the net about 5th season of Digimon with something called Antidote X that "killed" digimon and only the strongest survived...

February 25th, 2004, 1:22 AM
That's Digimon Chronicles, It's a Manga of Digimon.

Sorry for er bumping this up but what do you think Sora's hat/helmet is? In an episode it got folded and in another one it fell down hard 0_0 so what do u think it is>?

Evil Togepi
February 25th, 2004, 6:19 AM
but what do you think Sora's hat/helmet is?

I'm sure it's a hat

Anyway I might aswell add my opinion while here ^_^

Personally I'm saddend by the way Digimon ended, I do love the show although I will admit Frontier was the worst dubbed one O_o;; I loved the dubs of the last three but Frontier's dub is just terrible. I respected it more when I saw it in japanese, even though I don't know the language X_x; And yes the ending was rushed... they seemed to want to end it quickly *shrugs* For me I loved Tamers the most (*Dub wise anyway*) it was just the added seriousness and the ideas in it really got me hooked (*especially around the 13th episode I think*)

One day I hope they would bring out a 5th season but it would have to be something really REALLY good....

February 25th, 2004, 2:13 PM
This sucks that we have to wait at least 2 years to see if we get a seaon 5

February 25th, 2004, 4:01 PM
Hmm, I have only really watched Season 4, as it's the main season my Digimon site is based on... but I felt the ending was rushed... they could've put more episodes to see what the Digidestined's lives were at school and the like...
then perhaps we should hope that Toei(thats the comp. that makes digimon...i think) will com out with Digimon Movie 8...at least 7 was good
(i dunno if movie 8 is out at all...)
Anyway...Who thinks the dubs will make new movies for digimon??? i dont...if they had a chance, they would've already made them by now...

Rated R Superstar
February 25th, 2004, 8:24 PM
for me, season 1 was the best i mean i think they should of stopped at least by tamers because the new one sucks i mean since when can people turn into digimon?! but season1 was the best.i think it was truly better then all the seasons. AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME!!!! MHAHAMHA!! :D :badsmile: :badsmile:

February 25th, 2004, 10:16 PM
*puts index fingure in the air* well i think that season 4 was almost like Pokemorphs...fusing with a digimon/fusing with a pokemon, same general idea! :D but i didnt like season 2 very well, i dunno why though, i liked 3 until the D-Reaper thingy, but the ending for season 4 sucked, i mean the Duskmon saga went on longer then the end saga...-_-;; but i loved 1 the most ending was kinda sad, but yup i think that 1 was the best :D then 4, 3, 2 wow...almost in backward order! :P

February 26th, 2004, 5:32 AM
I hope Digimon doesn't comeback. The 1st season was alright, but after that the storylines were all over the place. This is one show the should stay in Magna.

February 26th, 2004, 5:52 AM
Here we go again.....Digimon. Digimon has had so many series', its not funny anymore. It will come out with a new series, then die down, and back up again with yet another series. If they make this one, even kids that are obsessed with it will be bored of it. :tired:

February 26th, 2004, 8:52 AM
kinda like....oh i dont know....POKEMON!

June 25th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Dejimon...how I miss thee.

:looks at two pages worth of Dejimon junk: :blinks:

First off. Dejimon is dead, live with it.

It had four seasons.

Adventure - The Original.
Adventure 02 - The Sequel with too many plot holes.
Tamers - The one with a new plotline and crap which was DARK! O_O;;
Frontier - The crappy fourth season which everyone loves for some odd reason even though the only good stuff about it was the music, the villains, Kouichi and Neemon's pants.

:wonders if anyone knows the whole history of Dejimon:

June 25th, 2004, 12:46 PM
please dont revive old threads that are over a month old

June 25th, 2004, 5:31 PM
Yeah, don't do that TerrierLee, maybe create a new digimon season 5 thread if you want.

Meh, while it's still open I can still post that Bandai Japan has already confirmed a new set of cards, a new game, and a new series for Digimon, all in 3D graphics, to premiere in Japan in late 2005/early 2006. I think it's silly to make it 3D, but oh well.

June 25th, 2004, 8:47 PM
Yes don't revive threads that the last post was over a month ago.