PDA

View Full Version : A new kind of RP - The Ultimate pokemon Journey!

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 17th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Ok, I have had an idea for a new kind of RP, basically it will work basically the same way as a normal one, the story is nothing special, just a basic journey of trainers who want to become pokemon masters, they will collect badges, battle trainers and eventually face the elite 4....HOWEVER, I will not be in the RP itself, I will be doing 2 important things
1- I will be the gym leaders you face and the elite four.
2- LOL, in a way, I am the pokemon!

as you go along your journey, unlike other RP's you will not get the choice of what pokemon you want to catch, they will be chosen by me, basically, every now and then I will post saying

so and so has been attacked by a pidgey/ditto/vulpix etc, then you will have to battle that pokemon and can catch it if you like. I think this will be fun as it created the element of suprise of who I will choose next, to be attacked, and what pokemon will attack them, I will also state that pokemons level, gender, and current attacks.
I will erad throagh all posts and when you get to a gym, I will play the part of whoever that places leader is.

Now I was going to say that this will be based in kanto and only have kanto pokemon, but instead I will allow people who want to sign up, say what area they want the whole thing to be based in.
then whateever area gets the most votes will be the area chosen. obviously of kanto is chosen it will be there gym leaders and only there pokemon, if jhoto is chosen it will be there leaders and pokemon, simple as that.
the story is basically just that you are a new trainer just starting out and you will choose form the 3 begging pokemon, this RP can take a maximum of 10 people because you dont all have to travel together, so there can be multiple people who choose the same pokemon to start with. here is the form

Name:
Your vote on where it should be based: Kanto/Jhoto/hoenn
Your starting pokemon if we are based in:
Kanto:
Johto
Hoenn:

[Technya]
May 17th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Baker this sounds really interesting ^.~

Name: Angelus
Description: Tall, black straight hair at shoulder length, dark brown eyes, wears a plain black shirt with baggy black pants and some rock boots and wears a black overcoat.
Your vote on where it should be based: Jhoto
Your starting pokemon if we are based in: Cyndaquil
Kanto: Charmander
Johto: Cyndaquil
Hoenn: Treeko
(Not sure how you fill in this last part but I put one of the three starters :\)

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 17th, 2005, 11:02 AM
thanks ^_^

basically the last bit is there to mean that your are saying which pokemon you are going to start off with whatever area we decide to do.
so if we vote on starting off in kanto, you would start off with whoever you put in the kanto space.

Gohan
May 17th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Awesome Baker!

Name: Biole
Description: Spiky yellow hair that makes him look like a hedgehog. He is usually wearing a long white trenchcoat and black pants and a blue sleeveless shirt underneath the coat. Other times which is about half the year he takes the coat and stuffs it in his bag and changes from blue to black sleeveless shirt.
Your vote on where it should be based: Jhoto
Your starting pokemon if we are based in: Cyndaquil
Kanto: Bulbasaur
Hoenn: Mudkip

obelisk-kun
May 17th, 2005, 03:49 PM
name ashoshi
gender male
description emerald male
vote on based kanto
starting pokemon if we are based in charmander
kanto charmander
johto cyndaquil
hoen torchic

Electric Hero
May 17th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Name: Max Hunter
Description: Blue eyes and black hair with an anime hairstyle. Wears all black including gloves and a long coat.
Your vote on where it should be based: Kanto
Kanto: Charmander
Hoenn: Treecko

mintybobo
May 17th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Name:Robert
Description:A young trainer with blue jeans, and a white shirt. He has dark brown eyes with a blank look on his face most of the time.
Your vote on where it should be based:Hoenn
Kanto:Squirtle
Johto:Chikorita
Hoenn:Torchic

Al Duit
May 17th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Name: Albert Danner (Nickname, Al)
Description: Light brown hair w/ crewcut, brown eyes. 5'11, very skinny. Tan tunic w/ a blue belt, gray jeans tucked into tan cowboy boots. Tan 10-gallon hat. Gray backpack.
Kanto: squirtle
Johto totodile
Hoenn: treeko

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 17th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Ok, so far the votes are
Kanto-3
johto-2
hoenn-2

ill wait until the end of the day, after that ill tally the votes to decide where we are yand you can all start

Kenoi
May 18th, 2005, 01:23 AM
I'm in! This will be fun. :)

Name: Meself (Kenoi Yan)

Description: Messy medium length brown hair, tall built, brown eyes and a fluffy young beard - well, the start of one growing, anyway. Wearing a brown T-Shirt, longer blue shorts (to knee level); and black and white sneakers. Carries a white laptop computer (Apple) and his dearest and most useful items, in his dark blue over-the-chest accessory bag. Always takes at least one apple with him wherever he goes.

Your starting pokemon if we are based in...
1. Kanto: Charmander
2. Johto: Totodile
3. Hoenn: Treeko

Buster Blader
May 18th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Name: Mathew

Description:He is Tall, Thin, he has white hair covered by a black cap, he wares jeans and a black shirt, had a navy blue backpack on.

Your starting pokemon if we are based in:Squirtle

Kanto:Squirtle
Johto: Tododile
Hoenn:torchic

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 18th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Just so you people know, incase you hadnt alredy guessed, but just in cae you hadn't. I will say when your pokemon grow a level and when it evolves etc, I will also sy if team rockt/magma/aqua grunts are nearby, or if there is an tiem nearby and what it is ^_^
should be quite fun. oh and we now have 9 people, if more then 10 people end up wanted to jojn that that will be fine ^_^. but not too many!
let the sign ups continue.

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 18th, 2005, 02:14 PM
sorry to double post, but the time ha just about come, we can start, the most votes went to kanto so thats where we will be doing it, sorry for anyone who wanted it somewehre else!

Ok, you can start now, the scene is the morning, and you have just woken up and about to get readya nd go get your 1st pokemon.

best of luck ^_^

Gohan
May 18th, 2005, 06:06 PM
ooc: Oh Yeah! First One! Picture a person holding up there fists in triumph.

Checking my watch I ran up to my house. I had been jogging about the neighborhood after running back from Viridian to pick some groceries up. As I entered the house there was complete silence except for the clomping of my shoes on the hardwood floor. As usual there was no one there for I was an orphan. Setting the bags on the floor I picked my bag up and turned around and walked straight out again. I locked the door and squinted my eyes against the bright morning sun. Running to Professor Oak's lab wasn't very hard for me.
" My name is Biole and I'm here to get my Pokemon, " I said, bowing to the Prof. when I arrived in front of him. " I would like Bulbasaur as my starting Pokemon if you don't mind. "

Electric Hero
May 18th, 2005, 07:09 PM
ooc: it's been a long time since I don't RP XD, it will be cool to do my hobbie again.

ic: The sunlight rays hit my face... and I woke up. Ready to go, I just grabbed my backpack and I noticed my parents still asleep, so I made a note explaining that I was in the lab of Prof. Oak. And just like that, I started to run to Prof. Oak's lab. Already there, I noticed someone else there before me. I stopped beside him and just smiled to him and faced the professor, "Good morning Prof. Oak! I'm here for my first pokmon! and I would like a Charmander, please!".

obelisk-kun
May 18th, 2005, 07:15 PM
ic i woke up in my dismay the clock said it was 9 o clock and i was supposed to meet prof oak at seven. i ran out of my house went prof oaks lab but he was'nt there i ran out into the grass to find that prof there you are prof oak i would like a charmander i said.

[Technya]
May 18th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Having been out all night long I was dead tired and sleepy. As the sun rose it shun brightly, something I hated. I reached into my overcoat's pockets and grabbed a pair of Arnette sunglasses to block out the sun's brightness from meeting my eyes. As I reached the house I realized today I was to meet Professor Oak to get my first Pokmon from him. I hurried on over and once there I saw several other people waiting to get theirs. I wanted Charmander and when I saw some kids walking away with one I tried not to panick in case he had run out of them.

Finally he turned to me and hld in his hands three pokeballs. Immediatly I knew there was a Charmander in one of them so I turned my MP3 player off and lowered the headphones off my ears and said. "I'll take Charmander."

Al Duit
May 18th, 2005, 08:18 PM
"Dooooodriiiiiioooooo!"

I wake up to the blaring sound of my dodrio alarm clock, and quickly shut off the annoying sound. Jumping out of bed, I put on my running shoes. I'd slept in the clothes I wanted to wear today to save time. I dash down the stairs to the front door and grab my backpack and hat and put them on.

As I reach for the door handle, my mom says, "Hold on there younyun, you ain't leavin' without yer vittles!" She was mocking my favorite way to dress. She didn't really talk like that. I roll my eyes.

"Mom, I'm not hungry! I gotta get to Professor Oak's lab!"

"It's only 6am. The lab doesn't even open until 7, so you have time. I'm not letting you set out on this important journey with an empty stomach!"

"OK, then." I drag my feet to the kitchen.

Dad's already seated at the table, reading a newspaper. "I see you decided to sleep in!" He greeted me with his usual dry sense of humor.

"Yeah," I reply, "Nothing to do but!" I roll my eyes again as I sit down and help myself to some scrambled eggs, whole wheat toast, and canadian bacon, and pour myself a glass of orange juice.

As I'm finished eating, dad puts down his paper and lifts something up from under the table. "Thought you might like a little something for your journey." He puts a wrapped box on the table.

I blink stupidly at the box at first, then look at dad. "Well, go ahead, open it!" He says with a smile.

I reach for the box, take off the card and place it on the table, rip off the paper and open the box to reveal...huh? Fresh underwear? I take out the underwear and under that is the brand new tan 10-gallon hat I'd been saving up for! It was made of soft leather, with a pokeball artfully carved on it. My eyes lit up as I took off my old hat and put on the new. "Thanks Dad!" I got up and gave him a hug.

"It's from your mom, too."

"Thanks mom." I hug her too, and give her a kiss on the cheek. Then I look at the clock. It's 6:50.

"Gotta go!" I wave as I leave.

I run to the lab, and get there just as Professor Oak is entering. "Hi, Professor Oak! Can I have the squirtle, please?"

OOC: I tried posting this earlier, but it didn't post. :(

Kenoi
May 19th, 2005, 03:26 AM
Too excited, and unpatiently waiting for the morning, I stay up until late at night. Eventually exhausted I fall into a deep sleep.

I wake to realize it is the middle of the night. I stand and walk over to the window of my room. Opening it, I shake from the chill on my back as the cold breeze cools my pijama.
Looking out I see a storm building up. The trees are swaying and I can't hear the melody that nearby grass Pokemon usually sing at night from the strange voices the wind makes.
I look up at the sky to see an unextected shine. The dark and stormy clouds have changed their colour into an unusual bright blue. Then in the shady blue background my eyes suddenly catch a sudden motion. I look carefully to make out the unseen Pokemon I naturally suspect hiding in the bright night clouds. I cannot make out its form again. The more I look the more it is difficult for me to see amongst the everchanging stormy clouds. Then the sky suddenly turns unbearably bright, and the world turns white.

I wake to realize this was all a dream by successfully managing to pull down the blanket from over my face while turning towards the direct morning sunlight of my room's window. It takes my eyes to adjust to the light, before I can think.

"Professor Oak..."

I suddenly jump out of bed.

"Choosing Day!"

I quickly start dressing as I try to look at my watch - which indicates 'too late for you, my little trainer-wannabee' - and I stumble as I trip while putting on my pants.

I grab my backpack - with my prepared personal accessories - in flight and sneak past mom as I hurry, running out of the house towards my favourite fruit tree in the neighbourhood. I tear a red and green apple from the tree in my dash across the lawn towards the Professor's Lab. I hurry down the path and lose all my breath when after a couple of hundred steps of rushing I finally reach my destination.

'What if I don't get a Pokemon?' I contemplate to myself as I look around to realise I am too late. Amongst all the gasping I take a deep breath and walk up to Professor Oak, exhausted. I look at the Professor, questioning about my Charmander with a look. Professor Oak shakes his head sympathetically.

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 19th, 2005, 07:00 AM
OOC - uuuuum well no one! anyone can control his actions when getting there pokemon, what has he got do do with anything?

anyway, feel free to start traveling around people, remember, this RP is related to the game in a way, so the odds of finding, say a mankey in vridian forest are low BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE who knows, maybe pokemon stray away from there usual home!

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 19th, 2005, 07:32 AM
well then for them times you can control him yourslef, unless someone else is like iona conversation with him, or it would be kinda wierd ^_^

[Technya]
May 19th, 2005, 09:52 AM
After I recieved my Charmander I walked outside. There were several kids also chekcking out their Pokmon. I looked at the pokeball where mine was and decided to formally meet the little fiery lizard. As I was going to examin it well enough to pick out a good name for it another trainer close by had asked what Pokmon we'd picked. While still staring at the Charmander I said. "Charmander." I paused for several minutes as dozens of names raced through my mind.

The small lizard looked up and sort of wagged its tail. That I found cute but just smiled at it. I was told it was a female Charmander so at best I finally decided on a proper name for her. I then, turned to the trainer who asked the question and saw he had gotten a Squirtle. "A Squirtle? Not bad. But I preffer fire myself. All right, let's get going Tristania." I said to my Charmander as I returned it to its pokeball.

Electric Hero
May 19th, 2005, 02:21 PM
I followed Prof. Oak to a room with three pokeballs. "Now, choose your pokmon." the professor told me. I grabbed a pokeball, "I choose Charmander", I opened the pokeball and the little fire lizard appeared infront of me. "Thanks professor! see ya!" I said to Prof. Oak, and walked away from him, and Charmander following me. I saw many new trainers around me, all asking which pokmon did you get?. I saw other familiar people, and just waved and walked out the lab.

I looked at my Charmander, and he looked back at me. "so... what name do you want my fellow pokmon?" I asked him. He made a face that meant like 'I'm thinking'. After a moment he just said "charmander char char!", and I quiclky understood... he said something like Charmander it's fine... "so Charmander it is" I replied. Then, we both smiled at each other.

Al Duit
May 19th, 2005, 06:39 PM
OOC: Shoot! It's happened again...I keep having trouble posting. I tried posting this hours ago I'll try again.

IC: Professor Oak jumps a bit, then turns towards me. "Oh, you startled me....Albert, right?"

I nod. "Yes, Professor."

"Well, you're a little early, but, the early bird gets the worm, they say. Or should I say, 'get's the squirtle'?" He chuckles as he motions for me to follow him.

I smile and say, "Something like that." I follow the professor inside.

He takes me to a table with 3 pokeballs on it. "Go ahead and pick one."

In front of each pokeball is a button. I press a button in front of the first, and a screen pops up behind the pokeball. On it is a picture of a charmander. "Charmander," says a computerized voice, "fire type." The middle one turns out to be a bulbasaur, and the third the one I want...squirtle, so I pick it up.

"He's a mischevious one, that squirtle." Professor Oak chuckles.

"Come on out, Squirtle, I want to meet you!" I push the button on the pokeball, and out comes the little water pokemon. He looks around, then at me as I put the empty 'ball on my belt.

"Squirt! Squirt squirt squirtle squirt!"

"Hi there!" I smile. "Would you like to come on an adventure with me?" I ask as I put out my hand towards it, palm up.

The squirtle grins and hops up, and I reflexively catch him. He takes off my hat and puts it on his own head, but it falls down so far I can only see his feet and tail from under it. "Squirrrrrrtllllle!" I can't help but laugh. I take the hat off him and place it back on my head.

"I'll see if I can get one that'll fit you. How'd you like that?"

"Squirt squirtle!" He sounded thrilled.

"So, what should I call you....Tidalwave?"

"Squirrrtllle sqirrrrrt squirrrt!" It sounded like it was laughing.

"Well, how about Riptide, then?"

"Squirtle!" He sounded definitely pleased.

"Ok, great, Riptide, let's go then! Thank you, Professor! I'll take great care of him." I just manage to remember to thank him before turning to leave.

"I'm sure you will."

As I exit the lab, I see other kids coming. They're probably getting their starters, too, I think.

Gohan
May 19th, 2005, 06:45 PM
" Hmm... well I guess Professor did say this Bulbasaur was a girl... so I guess her new name will be... errmm aw what the heck! Her name is Rain! " I was so absorbed in my aloud thoughts I almost ran into a tree that I just managed to avoid. Letting out Rain and looking at the other trainers so far I thought I was the only one who got a Bulbasaur. Most went for Charmander and a few went for Squirtle.
" Hello Rain! " I said to my new friend. Letting her run beside me I set out for the shortly distant Town of Viridian.

Kenoi
May 19th, 2005, 07:56 PM
"I'm sorry Kenoi. No more Charmanders left. There was just too many trainers looking for them, I had to give out every single one."

I turn my head down disappointed. 'Why do I always have to stuff up when it comes to being on time?' I ask myself.

"But without a Pokemon I can't start my journey this year either..." I plead, desperately.

"The Dodrios have awoken on time and so should have you..." The Professor says, emotionally.

Professor Oak turns and starts walking away - to continue with his work. He shakes his head continuously while thinking. I observe his steps on the ground, with my dreams shattered.

Then he suddenly stops - as if remembering something - and looks at me again. I look up.

"We cannot let you waste another year... Come with me." The Professor quickly beckons me.

With a sudden notion the two of us enter the laboratory. I wave 'hi' to Professor Oak's aid, as we walk to one of the unidentified (for me) machines.

The Professor kneels and starts looking around at the back of the machine, items clinging. I wait, confused. Finally he rises with a PokeBall in his left hand.

I cheer. The Professor warns me with his right hand.

"I am not sure about this one," He says. "However we must get you going somehow..." He lets out a gentle smile, then his face turns serious again. "In normal circumstances I would have never given out this Pokemon to a young trainer. You must be really careful."

I nod.

"It behaves... unusual. Very unusual." Professor Oak continues. "We have been holding in here at the lab for a while, and it has failed all the tests we ran with him." He shakes his head. "This Pokemon is the only one that I can give you to try and catch your own. Try to make friends with him, and if it doesn't work out, bring him back to me. In which case you will have to wait another year."

I acknowledge these words, and swallow hard at the thought of another whole year!

"Come back here in the afternoon, or in a day or two, and we'll see how things went."

"Okay." I nod.

I turn and start leaving. Then I - suddenly remembering - turn back to thank the Professor.

"Don't forget your PokeBalls." He says, now sunken into his research.

I look at where he is pointing to see two minimized balls, one blue and one red on the desk. I walk up to them and contemplate if I'm supposed to take both. I wish not to disturb the Professor, again. 'He said PokeBall-s.' I think to myself. I decide to pocket both and head out of the laboratory.

Excited from the turbulent events of the morning I suddenly realise that I haven't asked what Pokemon did I recieve. 'What could it be?' I wonder as I step onto the green field outside.

mintybobo
May 19th, 2005, 08:14 PM
"Gah! I can't believe I slept in! Of all the stupid things to do!"

I ran around the house frantically getting my backpack packed with all the items to bring on my journey. "Okay let's see here flashlight, rope, socks, uh huh uh huh. Great! Time to go!" As I hastily get out of my home nearly forgetting to say goodbye to my Mom and Dad."Got to get to the lab quick!" When I finally got there I was nearly breathless.

"Oh there you are Robert, you're just in time to receive your pokemon."

"Okay... Uhhhhhh......"
I tilt my head in confusion because I wasn't able to make my mind up.

*Oh great now which pokemon should I choose?! I got it!*

"I'll take a Squirtle!"

"Good choice, now good luck on your journey Robert."
When i sent out Squirtle I tried to think of a name for him. I tried Turtle but that sounded a little uncreative, Wave which sounded like an odd name to give the little guy.

"Arrrrgghhh, you know what let's skip this naming stuff and just call you Squirtle okay?"
"Squirtle squirt!" It said with a smile on it's face.

Al Duit
May 19th, 2005, 08:30 PM
I just remember something. On my way out of town, I stop by my house.

"Mom, dad! Come meet Riptide!" I call as I walk into the family room. My parents come out of the kitchen, my dad still drying a dish.

"Oh, he's adorable!" My mom says as she tickles Riptide under his chin. Riptide squirts her in the face.

"Riptide!" I exclaim with a laugh. I notice my dad hiding a laugh behind the towel he's drying with. "I can't believe you did that! Sorry mom...he's a little mischievious."

Mom wipes the water from her face with her apron. "That's OK, no harm done." She laughs a little. "You are a little squirt, aren't you." She says as she pets him on the top of his head.

"Sqirrrrtllllle." Riptide laughs.

"Anyway, I came back to get something for Riptide from my room." I hurry upstairs and go to my bed. I point to the cowboy doll I had since I was 3-years-old which was about the same size as Riptide. "Do you think you can wear Cowboy Billybob's hat?" I ask as I take it off the doll. I hand it to Riptide.

"Squirt! Squirt squirt squirtle squirt!" Riptide says as he grabs the hat and puts it on his head. There was a little strap under it, and I adjusted it so the hat wouldn't continuously fall off.

"Haha! You look great!" I say as I walk downstairs. My parents are waiting at the bottom of the stairs as I come down. My dad starts laughing so hard when he sees Riptide, he has tears in his eyes. My mom just rolls her eyes and says, "A matching set!"

"Bye mom, bye dad! We're off to find some more pokemon friends! Won't you like that, Riptide." I kiss my mom and hug my dad before leaving home....again.

mintybobo
May 19th, 2005, 08:31 PM
As I venture out of pallet town I decide to send out my Squirtle to get to know him a little bit.

"Come on let's race to Viridian City!"
As I start to run I hear a faint voice talking near our spot. I took a glance at my Squirtle and see that he hears the voice also. He starts to run off toward the voice. When I find him I see that he's interacting with another Squirtle and wonder who it belongs to.

OOC:Okay Bulbasaur.

[Technya]
May 19th, 2005, 08:32 PM
I walked a bit further down and saw it was a nice place to look around so I let Tristania out so she could wander about as I fixed several things from my backpack. As I searched around I saw Tristania suddenly take off and walk away. I dropped my sthings and ran after her. "Tris! No, Tristania come back." I followed her to a bush full of berries and she started eating from them. "Guess your hungry then. Well, enjoy. I'll go and get my things but stay there." "Char!" Replied the small lizard as it kept eating the berries.

I took my backpack and some of the things that had fallen out and went back to Tristania. She was still there eating away at the berries. I looked up and saw the kid with the Squirtle who had asked us what Pokmon we had picked. I wasn't one to make small conversation or even talk to people who I didn't know but I said. "Hey, you picked a Squirtle, right?"

Al Duit
May 19th, 2005, 09:00 PM
When I get outside of town, my arms start feeling sore. "Riptide, you're getting heavy!" I say as I gently put him down. "Do you want to walk with me or go back into your pokeball?" Riptide starts walking on. I shrug and go walk beside him.

"Squirt, squirt, squirrrtle," he sings happily.

I see two boys just ahead. They look vaguely familiar. There are two squirtles with them. I wave at them and smile as we approach, and I smile even wider as Riptide does the same.

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 20th, 2005, 02:29 AM
OOC -

DUH DUH DUH!!

BULBASAUR HAS BEEN ATTACKED BY A WILD WEEDLE!

As He was talking to his new friend, a wild weedle in a seeminlyly bad mood has jumped out of a tree and i soaring towards him, stinger first!!!

BTW: I am going to be away until sunday, so if anyone wanted to catch something in viridian forest, then dont make too many posts.
see ya sunday!

Al Duit
May 20th, 2005, 04:02 PM
I finally remember the names of the other two as I get closer. "Hey, Robert, Billy! Looks like we have the start of a squirtle brigade!" I laugh.

All of a sudden, I see a wild weedle attacking Billy! "Billy, watch out!"

mintybobo
May 20th, 2005, 05:37 PM
During that short skirmish with Billys Squirtle and the Wild weedle I was still trying to set my watch. By the time I was done with setting my watch I heard a loud "Ding" and saw Billy excitedly take a pokeball that was on the ground. I just assumed that he had just caught a pokemon.

"Did you see that? I caught my first pokemon!"

Yeah, I was pretty sure he just caught a pokemon.

OOC: I won't be on for most of the day tommorow, I'm going to a renaissance fair! Hooray! ~launches catapult~

Kenoi
May 20th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Kenoi released the Pokemon hiding inside the capture device. A boney head with a club appeared before him. Kenoi observed it from all angles surprised.

"A Cubone?" He asked aloud.

The Pokemon sat as if tired with its head looking down on the ground, not moving an inch.

'What's wrong with it?' Kenoi asked himself. 'It is as though it is exhausted. But it's been resting in that PokeBall for who knows how long...' Kenoi scratched the back of his head.

"Hi there little fella." He approached the Cubone cautiously.

Not getting an answer, he tried again.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?"

Kenoi kneeled down next to the almost motionless Cubone and tried to pick him up. The Cubone looked at him with a hostile expression suddenly, and jumped to whack him on his shin with the boneclub it held. It took Kenoi by complete surprise and with the speed that the Cubone attacked him, no-one could evade such a stike - he thought. Kenoi started jumping up and down holding his leg in pain.

"Ooouuch!" He exclaimed.

The Cubone puffed its chest proudly and started walking away in the opposite direction.

Kenoi suddenly realised that no-one was here to witness this happening. 'Where have all the other trainers gone to?' He called the protesting Cubone back into his PokeBall.

"You and I will have to talk later." He told his Pokemon. "I don't like your attitude."

Kenoi looked around and could spot no trainers around in the distance.
He ran into Professor Oak's lab once again. This time Professor Oak could not be found, and so he turned to the Professor's aid.

"Hi. Do you know where all the other trainers had gone to?"

"I believe most of them had headed towards the Viridian Forest." The aid replied with a smile.

"Viridian Forest? Of course!" Kenoi exclaims. He starts to thank the aid for his help when he remembers.

"I didn't say goodbye to mom..." He says. "I don't have enough time to go home now... Would you be so king to hand her over this message?"

"Sure." The aid replies pleasantly.

Kenoi dictates a heartfelt leaving message, explaining as much as he can in the short time he has and saying goodbye to his mother.

"Thank You. I have to go now..."

"Bye!" The aid waves.

"Bye!" And Kenoi starts dashing again on the path, towards the direction of Viridian Forest.

Al Duit
May 20th, 2005, 07:35 PM
OOC: Um, I believe that's powerplaying. Baker's Bulbasaur is supposed to be the wild pokemon, and you just captured it without letting it react to the first attack! I also thought Baker's Bulbasaur was supposed to determine if the pokemon is caught!

Oh, wow! A Renaissance fair! Sounds like fun!

mintybobo
May 20th, 2005, 07:53 PM
OOC: Doh! My bad entirely!...... Ugh so stupid of me >_<.

Al Duit
May 20th, 2005, 08:11 PM
"Yay! I got a Weedle!" Billy exclaimed as I picked up the pokeball placing it on my belt along with Squirtle after she was returned to her pokeball too, taking a look at Robert's watch to set mine to the same time which was a little after eight. Robert decided to go on ahead as I followed, asking. "So how far are we from Viridian Forest?"

OOC: Yes, the first post you did as you just said, but then you did what I quote above. ::shrug:: yes, let's see what Baker's Bulbasaur says.

BTW, I do agree that fainted pokemon should be able to be caught. I never understood why a pokemon would just disappear when they faint... the only thing I can think of is that the pokeball can't catch something that's just laying on the ground...but that's pushing it. ::shrug::

This is my last post until Baker comes back.

Kenoi
May 20th, 2005, 08:35 PM
OOC: Guys, I'd just like to say I'm sorry about my long posts. I needed to introduce my character somehow... and I like to write ^_^ . Sorry. I promise I'll try to write shorter replies from now on. I'd like to catch up with the group somehow... though my character is a bit late. That's why I made him run. We'll see how long it takes him. ;)

Al Duit
May 20th, 2005, 09:22 PM
OOC: Hey, Kenoi, you're not the only one w/ long posts :P Introducing your character calls for long posts. When it comes down to interplay between characters though, it might be good to cut back a little (without sacrificing RP). You're doing great. ::cheers::

BTW, now this is my last post 'til Baker's Bulbasaur comes back. ;)

Gohan
May 21st, 2005, 09:45 AM
I looked back to see some kids on the path behind me. I stopped against a tree and Rain followed suit. One looked like he was trying to catch a pokemon. Looking closer before he threw a pokeball I saw it was a Weedle.

ooc: Hey Kenoi you want your character to buddy up with mine?

Kenoi
May 21st, 2005, 04:03 PM
OOC: Sure! :classic: But I gotta catch up - if we wanna keep this real RP - 'cause you were one of the first to get your Pokemon and set sail.

Kenoi ran for a long time, constantly following the route to Viridian, and still could not spot the other trainers in the distance.

'I guess I really was late.' He thought to himself.

Hearing some noises from behind, he turned to see a small country truck approaching. He stood aside to see who the people inside the truck were. The truck slowed down when it quickly caught up with him. An unknown girl in traditional country clothes leaned out the window to address him.

"Goin to trainers, ya?" She asked.

Kenoi looked behind to see that the driver was a country boy maybe two years older than the girl. The girl's accent was very unusual for the country.

"How did you know I was looking for them? Have you seen them?"

"We're goin to find'em." She replied. "The whole country nows about'em. Now, will'ya hop-on-board?"

Reluctantly Kenoi took the ride that would shorten the distance between him and the other trainers very fast.

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 22nd, 2005, 11:25 AM
Sorry about my absence people, been looking after my Grandad, anyway.

Yes you can capture a fainted pokemon, but after you have battled it, you throw the pokeball at it and wait, I will then decide if you have caught it or not determined on how good your RP battle sounded.

Bulbasaur: beep, beep, beep, you have caught a weedle!!

Al Duit: A very mischefous caterpie has come up to you and fired a string shot at your arms to try and tie you up!!

Gohan
May 22nd, 2005, 11:41 AM
I heard the rumble of a truck over some kid's yells. A ouple of country kids were in it and there was a kid I recognized from my town.
" YO! UP HERE! " I roared.

Kenoi
May 22nd, 2005, 01:21 PM
Kenoi finally saw the trainers, as the small truck quickly approached a kid battling with his Squirtle against a Caterpie, while the other's watched. One of the kids - roughly Kenoi's age - waved at the approaching vehicle. Kenoi smiled happily. He finally caught up with the rest.

The small truck stopped and Kenoi hopped out to greet the others. As he did so, he fogot about the country kids for a moment however, and by the time he had looked back, they have vanished. Kenoi, and his newly met friend, Biole, searched the sorroundings for the country friends, but they were nowhere to be seen. The truck stood empty on the other side of the path, a bit further away from the trainers. Kenoi looked at Biole and shrugged.

"I wanted to thank them for their generosity..." Kenoi said.

[Technya]
May 22nd, 2005, 01:59 PM
I looked back and saw Tristania was on the move once more. She sweetly walked down the dirt road that led to Viridian Forest. I ran after her and she stopped dead on her tracks. "Tris, what is it?" I curiously asked as she pointed out at a flock of Spearows resting on a tree branch.

I knew they had a bit of a temper so I grabbed her and walked on down the dirt road. I had my MP3 on and she took one end of the headphones and put it to her ear and moved her head to the sound of the beat. I said as I laughed. "Pokmon after my own heart. Nice."

Al Duit
May 22nd, 2005, 07:43 PM
"Hey!" I yelp as I jump away and wave my arms around. "Riptide, tackle that caterpie!" I command as I ready a pokeball. I chuckle. This little scoundrel would be kind of fun to have around, I think to myself.

"SQUIRTLE!" Riptide quickly jumps towards the caterpie to tackle it.

OOC: I assume you decide rather or not the tackle hits, so I didn't do anything else.

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 22nd, 2005, 11:02 PM
caterpie has responded to the tackle with a tackle of its own, the caterpie is at LV6

Kenoi
May 23rd, 2005, 12:25 PM
Billy was about to continue on towards Viridian Forest when he heard a truck pull up and stop. Turning to look he saw Kenoi stepping out as Billy waved and said. "Hi there, so you finally made it. Would you like to be friends?"
"Maybe then we can travel as friends if you want?" he asked Kenoi.

OOC: There's a time jump there! - Backwards...

"Sure. But you're already in the team." Kenoi replied with a smile.

pokegirl909
May 23rd, 2005, 03:33 PM
Hey, um I know it's late, but can I join?
Name: Skye
Description: long black hair, blue eyes, a purple mini skirt, and a black strapless shirt
Your starting pokemon: Charmander

Baker's Bulbasaur
May 25th, 2005, 02:26 AM
I see no pronlem why not pokegirl ^_^

oh, and when next everyone pots, could they say there location and current pokemon along with there pot to remind me.

Al Duit
May 25th, 2005, 05:36 PM
OOC: I hope this post comes up...i'm having lots of trouble posting!

IC: "Use tail whip, to lower it's defence, then tackle the caterpie!" I shout as I point to the caterpie. Riptide whips his tail around, waving it in caterpies face, then pounces on it.

Gohan
May 25th, 2005, 05:46 PM
" Hmm. That was totally wierd. Oh well, " I said. Halfway to the first town was where we were.
" Meet my only Pokemon, a Bulbasaur named Rain. " I said letting out Rain.

ooc: Its all there if you loook hard enough.

Kenoi
May 25th, 2005, 06:40 PM
"Oh, so cool! Nice too meet you Rain."

Kenoi kneeled and tapped the Pokemon on the top of her head. Turning to Biole, he seemed to remember something, and started searching his pockets.

Gohan
May 27th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Rain started to tackle Kenoi's leg after he tapped her on the head. It was a friendly, angry sort of matter.
" You're going to be so much trouble. " I said.

Al Duit
May 27th, 2005, 12:54 PM
OOC: sorry, I forgot to put in where I was in the last post...Somewhere between Pallet Town and Viridian. Squirtle named Riptide. Here's what I posted last:

IC:"Use tail whip, to lower it's defence, then tackle the caterpie!" I shout as I point to the caterpie. Riptide whips his tail around, waving it in caterpies face, then pounces on it.

Baker's Bulbasaur
June 1st, 2005, 02:49 PM
the caterpie you have attacked has dodges the attack and fired a full blast tackle at your pokemon!

Al Duit
June 1st, 2005, 03:03 PM
The caterpie had dodged Riptides attack. "Tackle again, Riptide!" I yell as I jump around with my fists raised.

As the caterpie starts coming in for what looks to me like a tackle attack, Riptide runs towards it full-speed with a tackle attack of his own.

Kenoi
June 4th, 2005, 05:14 PM
OOC: This is the most lazy thread I have ever seen. :P

Al Duit
June 4th, 2005, 06:23 PM
OOC: It would help if Baker's Bulbasaur would pay attention and RP the wild pokemon he sends to attack us! I'd like to catch this caterpie already! I did my part, I posted. Now, do your part and keep the thread you started going! This would be fun if there weren't such a delay!

Gohan
June 4th, 2005, 07:19 PM
I picked the squirming Bulbasaur up and tried to keep her from attacking Kenoi.
" Meh heh... uhh sorry about that... " I said apolegetically as Rain made me fall onto the floor.

Kenoi
June 4th, 2005, 11:26 PM
"Oh!" Kenoi dropped a bunch of PokBalls as he quickly reached to help Biole from falling, but was too late to do so.

"I'm sorry." He apologised. "Are you okay?"

Baker's Bulbasaur
June 5th, 2005, 04:45 AM
OOC - I apologise people, I understand that It must be getting a bit boring, the reason I have been unable to post is because of all the other stuff I have had to be getting on with, and I know that if I didnt have the time I shouldnt have started it, yes I understand, so I offer my appologies, but please understand that as the creator of this new kind of RPG, it is very hard to keep up, but I will put in that extra effort from now on, but just to help me out, could people please state very clearly eithe out of character or in there post where they actually are, and could some people start to venture out of the forsts, this would help me keep up and get things going a lot more quickly

The caterpie has been successfully tackled by Riptide, it soars across the field and land about 3 metres away, it is injured but stands upright as it is a stubborn pokemon, it fires a string shot!

Al Duit
June 5th, 2005, 05:30 AM
OOC: Just a note, I put my location in the title.^ I forgive ya BB. By the way, I'm not sure if Riptide's very first tackle hit or not because your response to it was that the wild caterpie responded to Riptide's tackle with one of it's own... I'm assuming it did since you didn't say it was dodged.

IC: "Whew! That's a tough caterpie! Riptide, tackle it once more," I say with even more intensity than ever as I ready a pokeball to catch the caterpie.

As Riptide gets ready to tackle again, I yell at caterpie to distract it, "Hey, caterpie! You're gonna be mine!"

Riptide rushes at the caterpie to tackle it.

Pokemon Breeder Cyan
June 5th, 2005, 05:44 AM
OOC: Is all the spot taken?

Name: Ijin
Description: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/jongli/Seas.bmp
Your starting pokemon: Totodile

Baker's Bulbasaur
June 5th, 2005, 10:38 AM
im sorry, but im gojng to have to say no, I dont like to, but any more people would make things even harder for me and more confusing, sorry, I may do another one of these one day, dunno yet, anyway, look out for future RP's made by BB ^^

Gohan
June 5th, 2005, 07:39 PM
" Heh heh.. Its not your fault. Its Rain's. " I said cheerfully and looked over at Rain. She replied by giving me the stink-eye. I returned and stooped down to pick up what Kenoi had dropped.
" Here you go! "

ooc: I'd say I'm about to the end of the forest. Yo Kenoi lets be the first ones out shall we?

Al Duit
June 5th, 2005, 08:19 PM
OOC: OK, Baker's Bulbasaur, here's a weakness I've noticed alot of RP leaders have: Replying only to the last post in the thread, and ignoring the ones before it! Here's my last post which was right before Pokemon Breeder Cyan's.

OOC: Just a note, I put my location in the title.^ I forgive ya BB. By the way, I'm not sure if Riptide's very first tackle hit or not because your response to it was that the wild caterpie responded to Riptide's tackle with one of it's own... I'm assuming it did since you didn't say it was dodged.

IC: "Whew! That's a tough caterpie! Riptide, tackle it once more," I say with even more intensity than ever as I ready a pokeball to catch the caterpie.

As Riptide gets ready to tackle again, I yell at caterpie to distract it, "Hey, caterpie! You're gonna be mine!"

Riptide rushes at the caterpie to tackle it.

Kenoi
June 6th, 2005, 12:28 AM
As Kenoi received the three PokeBalls collected from the ground; he realized one of them had opened. Checking the other two he excaimed:

"Oh no! Cubone is gone!"

Kenoi searched the area. Not finding his independent Pokemon companion, he turned to Biole.

"We have to find it, before it gets into trouble." Kenoi said now clearly worried, not knowing which way to start walking.

OOC: The Cubone headed out of the forest.

Baker's Bulbasaur
June 7th, 2005, 08:11 AM
OOC: OK, Baker's Bulbasaur, here's a weakness I've noticed alot of RP leaders have: Replying only to the last post in the thread, and ignoring the ones before it! Here's my last post which was right before Pokemon Breeder Cyan's.

What? are you accusing me of not running my RPG's preoperly? Ill have you know that I always, ALWAYS read throagh the posts of ALL people, I have never not done so. and I will continue to always to so thanks.

The caterpie has been succesfully tackled, it was sent flying backwards into a tree, it may be possible to catch it! will you take this oppurtunity???

Kenoi, believe it or not has been attacked by a rare pokemon, named.....Mankey!

A flock of wilf pidgey have flown over the forest, there are about 4 of them, althoagh 2 of them are only babies, maybe someone could try and catch one! or will you let the babies be, they are young, maybe leave em with there parents a while

Kenoi
June 7th, 2005, 11:06 AM
As Kenoi turned to have another look around his face suddenly collided with a pokemon's, who was hanging down from a tree above. Kenoi backed away from the furry surprise suddenly to see a Mankey attack him in fright.

The Mankey tackled the fresh trainer in the chest, and left Kenoi breathless while falling to the ground. At the Mankey's second attack Kenoi threw the blue pokeball he was holding at once, hoping to capture the untrained pokemon. This was his last chance. Without a pokemon he was defenseless.

Baker's Bulbasaur
June 7th, 2005, 11:16 AM
The pokeball thrown at mankey has suprisingly put him in it, it vibrates vigorously! 1.....2......DANG!!!

the pokemon has broke free, darn!

Hold on...mankey...who was not long ago in a terrrible thrahing range, has smelled s0ome berries!

it turns it back and runs up a tree to eat them, but he is still visible, dont let him get away!

Kenoi
June 7th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Recovering from the battle Kenoi sighed.

"I wish Cubone was here now..."

But as the Mankey - who was walking away - stopped to eat some wild berries, Kenoi got another idea.

"Hey, why don't we try to catch that Mankey, working together?" He turned to Biole, regaining his enthusiasm.

Al Duit
June 7th, 2005, 08:24 PM
OOC: Sorry, but when you post to reply to a post that was after others that wasn't replied to, it appears you either didn't read or ignored the earlier ones. After having waited so long for you to reply to my earlier posts, I was getting rather frustrated. After all, you don't have to reply to only one post in your post. Gee wiz! If you do that, this RP will get even more sluggish. If you can't take constructive criticism, I'd like to see how you take the flaming I got in the RP I'm running! The criticizm I give isn't to put you down, just to make you aware of a problem that I believe you are intelligent enough to correct!

IC: I send the pokeball flying towards the caterpie. "Oh, please catch it!" I cross my fingers and watch eagerly as the ball heads towards the spunky bug. This is soo great! I really want this caterpie...it's gonna make a great partner with Riptide! I hope this works! My shoulders tense with the excitement and anticipation.

Baker's Bulbasaur
June 8th, 2005, 07:13 AM
OOC: Sorry, but when you post to reply to a post that was after others that wasn't replied to, it appears you either didn't read or ignored the earlier ones. After having waited so long for you to reply to my earlier posts, I was getting rather frustrated. After all, you don't have to reply to only one post in your post. Gee wiz! If you do that, this RP will get even more sluggish. If you can't take constructive criticism, I'd like to see how you take the flaming I got in the RP I'm running! The criticizm I give isn't to put you down, just to make you aware of a problem that I believe you are intelligent enough to correct!

IC: I send the pokeball flying towards the caterpie. "Oh, please catch it!" I cross my fingers and watch eagerly as the ball heads towards the spunky bug. This is soo great! I really want this caterpie...it's gonna make a great partner with Riptide! I hope this works! My shoulders tense with the excitement and anticipation.

yes, I can take constructive contritisism, I cant stand people that cant, I agree with what u were saying, and i apologise for getting on my high horse, even thoagh it is no excuse, I ws having a really crappy day, sodded up a song at my drama rehersals which i can usually do really easy, got a DT at school, loads of stuff, and im sorry, I was merely stating that the way it sounded was as if you were accusing me of not RP'ing preoperly, and i dunno, all the stuff plus that just got to me, truth be told i ended up deleting my origional post of that and had to tune it down.....a lot!!

anyway, once again, I apologise.

the pokeball has managed to capture caterpie, but it is still shaking

1.....2......3 yeeeeeees! the light has gone off....wait! its come back on!.............1..........2...........3.

yes! caterpie has been suiccessfully caught

the mankey remains in the tree eating berries, and the [pidgeys are nearly
done eating! better hurry!

Al Duit
June 8th, 2005, 09:16 AM
OOC: Okies :D. May I make a suggest, though (I'm gonna do it anyways so I don't know why I'm asking:P )? For each person you are replying to, put their names next to the appropriate replies. Like when you did for my character; Al: The pokeball manages, etc. Then for Kenoi's; Kenoi: The mankey remains, etc.

This way, there's no room for confusion (not that the last one was confusing since mankey and caterpie aren't the same, I was just giving an example). Especially if two different characters are battling the same type of pokemon or even have the same type.

When we go to Pokecenters, do we control Nurse Joy, or do you? It'd take a load off you if we just assume the Nurse Joy roll and they get healed automatically when we go to the Pokecenters. I'm gonna go ahead and do Nurse Joy, and if you don't like it, I'll edit, alright? Also, in the same vein, what about the Pokemarts?

IC: "Yahoo!" I yell when the ball stops rocking and the light goes off.

Just as I reach for it though, the light pops back on and it rocks again! "Oh, no!" My heart feels like it skips a beat, but then it stops rocking after swaying the third time.

"Whew!" I exclaim after picking it up. "This caterpie sure is fiesty! You did a great job, Riptide!"

"Squirtle!" Riptide says in the tone of voice like he's saying, "Naturally!"

I release the little bug to welcome it to our team. "Hey, caterpie, I'm gonna call you Feisty, because that's what you are. How do you like that?"

"Piii, Caterpie!" It looked kind of weak at the moment after being knocked around by Riptide, but it's voice was strong and it seemed to like the name.

"Ok, Fiesty, return and I'll take you to the pokecenter to get you healed."

We get to Viridian and I enter the Pokecenter. "Good morning," Nurse Joy greets me cheerfully as I walk up to the counter with Riptide following close behind. "What a handsome squirtle! You look so cute with that cowboy hat!" She says to Riptide.

Riptide runs his finger along the side of his hat, "Squirt squirtle squirt," he sounds as if he's saying, "Why, thankyou, ma'am." I wonder where he got that from?

Nurse Joy laughs as she turns to me and inquires, "What may I do for you?"

I put Fiesty's ball on the counter and pick up Riptide and put him on the counter. "Could you take care of my pokemon? Riptide here," I indicate Riptide, "and Fiesty, a caterpie we encountered just outside Pallet Town, battled and I want to take good care of them."

"Sure thing, but I need you to return Riptide to his ball for now, Ok?"

"Oh, sure." I get Riptide's ball and in he goes. Nurse Joy takes the two pokeballs and puts them in the rejuvenator machine, and in a matter of moments, she returns them to me good as new.

"Thank you Nurse Joy," I smile brightly as I release Riptide. "Feel better Riptide?"

"Squirt." He says to me, then looks at Nurse Joy, "Squirtle." He croons and wiggles his eyebrows.

Nurse Joy giggles, "Such a sweet talker. Take care on the road, now."

"I will." I promise as Riptide and I head back outside.

Baker's Bulbasaur
June 8th, 2005, 02:19 PM
yes the other characters can be controlled by you, the only characters I solely control, are chracters I bring into the equestion, which may come later on, gym leaders, and elite four, however if I want to start a sub stoyline and that involves controling joy or someone like dat, then I will control them just for the manner of that post.

Al Duit
June 10th, 2005, 05:12 PM
I head over to the pokemart. My dad had given me some money to start out with, knowing I'd need supplies on the way. I go in and look around, looking at prices and such. I calculate in my head that I've enough for 5 potions, 5 pokeballs, 6 antidotes, and 6 paralyze heals, and I put them in a basket I'd picked up by the door. That should be enough for now. I take the basket up to the counter where a friendly clerk checks me out. I thank the clerk, and head back out.

"Let's head north now, Riptide."

"squir." Riptide says and sits down in the road.

"Are you tired of walking, Riptide? I guess if my legs were as short as yours, they'd be tired, too!" I walk over and lift him up and put him on top of my backpack. "Ride for awhile, buddy." Riptide relaxes and puts his arms on my shoulder. I walk on and head out of town to the north towards Viridian Forest.

Gohan
June 19th, 2005, 09:05 AM
ooc: At least it didn't get too long while I was at camp.

I became aware that the Mankey was about to leave. I handed Rain's pokeball over to Kenoi and told him to release her.
" You use Rain. I'll go look for Cubone! It's my fault it ran off, Kenoi! " I yelled as I ran off in the direction Cubone had supposedly gone.

Baker's Bulbasaur
June 19th, 2005, 01:45 PM
upon looking for the cibone, Gohan has unsuspectedally been attacked.....by a flock of spearow, there must be about 30 of them, and u have given ur pokemon away, how foolish to walk off without a pokemon!

Al Duit
June 22nd, 2005, 02:12 PM
I regret that because of sudden demands on my time, I'll have to bow out of this RP. Sorry, BB. :disappoin

Baker's Bulbasaur
June 22nd, 2005, 02:22 PM
yeah thats ok, ya know, I think that this was a good idea, but not though throagh enough, I think im gonna end this, and start a new one some time, but with it being better run, and not so many people.

sorry people, this RP mstops now, I will start it again some day

this is also copyright to me, please can no one else steal my idea without permission.