PDA

View Full Version : ::::My Art Thread::::

Crystal Clair
May 30th, 2005, 01:49 PM
I made a thread before but PokeCommunity screwed with me so here's another one. Mods, please delete the other one, I cant post on it nor delete it.
Thank Clair I still have my uploaded pics
I do explainations for each pic
http://img252.echo.cx/img252/6013/mycnry9ha.png
I liked the Pokemon scenery so I tried to imitate it on MS Paint
http://img252.echo.cx/img252/5306/whitney2jn.png
It was in my signature for a while. I drew and colored it on MsPaint and did the background on PSP9
http://img243.echo.cx/img243/8973/colorizedmay2rf.png
For all you May fans, I got the line art from Serebii, colored it on Paint and shrunk it to improve the quality.
Enjoy!

Housyasei-san
May 30th, 2005, 01:59 PM
So who "drew" those? You or "Clair"?

The first one looks nice even for MSPaint. The sky is left unpainted.Heh.

#2- Thats surely looks ripped off from Gilbertman's Whitney picture from his art thread, only cropped to a head shot. :\

#3- pretty nice. Just to purple in some places.

Crystal Clair
May 30th, 2005, 02:04 PM
#2- Thats surely looks ripped off from Gilbertman's Whitney picture from his art thread, only cropped to a head shot
It does kind of but I swear it isn't. I'll even show proof of the picture in the making and besides I used colors of a lower saturation. And my Whitney eyes are more accurate.
Oh yeah, I did give up on doing the sky. It's tough doing it in paint even if I have the perfect colors.
And I'll give you some advice about the Clair thing, if you see "CC:" then Clair is posting too. But if it's just something like this without the uh names, it's just me.

Allstories
May 30th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Buh...wuh...huh....those were done in PAINT?

Crystal Clair
May 30th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Yes, AllStories, they were all done in paint.
But I do have some made from PSP9

Kura
May 30th, 2005, 04:52 PM
very very awesome work!!
my favourite is the scenery though :3 i think it's absolutely PERFECT!!
well done!!
the second picture is good too, i just suggest fixing the cheek a little bit.. it seems as though it sticks out too much.. ._. but you'll need to fix the whole side and not just the cheek, because if you fix just the bottom of the cheek, it might look a bit strange..
i suggest looking at an official picture of her to see what i'm pointing out at
study her cheek a little.
the rest is absolutely wonderful!! just that little thing you may consider looking upon.
the last picture is AWESOME!!
but i'd have to say.. the lineart you got from serebii doesn't suit the colouring.. you should use the colour replacement tool in PSP9 to turn it to black.. or a really really dark purple.. and lighten up the background to even it out..

overall, you did a wonderful job
and i applaude your colouring!! it's beautiful!! :3 keep up the great work..
and i hope i helped a bit :3 artists can always learn and get better!!
i hope i wasnt offensive or anything

@@ so yes.. wonderful job overall :3
i hope to see more from youu!!
~kura

Crystal Clair
May 30th, 2005, 05:57 PM
suggest looking at an official picture of her to see what i'm pointing out at
You know the scary thing? I had an official picture and it was extra large. O_o weird....
Oh, that's not offensive. Artists must improve, even the ones who actually draw the anime! I rather know I could get better than be the best because it makes me look forward to things. I got some more scenery to post. I'll get it up as soon as I can.

Kura
May 30th, 2005, 06:06 PM
You know the scary thing? I had an official picture and it was extra large. O_o weird....
Oh, that's not offensive. Artists must improve, even the ones who actually draw the anime! I rather know I could get better than be the best because it makes me look forward to things. I got some more scenery to post. I'll get it up as soon as I can.

._. neh.. maybe its just me then..
it probably is because i draw my characters's cheeks closer ._. meh..
awesome job though
@@.. and i'm glad i'm not offensive or anything.. i was afraid that i might've been.. so yes...

:3 more scenery would be very nice!! @@.. your scenery is so beautifull!! <3 *envies*

Crystal Clair
May 30th, 2005, 06:14 PM
You envy my scenery? XD That was me over a year ago!!!!
http://img84.echo.cx/img84/4919/sncet5qq.png
Enjoy!
I may have to go to bed soon but I'll load some of my art onto Imageshack so maybe I can post them at school if I find a free computer.
I just realized something. Wouldn't it be cool if some art freak like me could pixelize the Pokemon scenery, like the whole thing and make animated gifs and manga/comics from it?

Kura
May 30th, 2005, 06:21 PM
:3 thats one's wicked too!!
i think you should put some lineart around the trunk of the tree and give it more shading or depth :3 so it has more texture in it!
also.. you should give the leaves a bit more highlights
other than that it's awesome :3
great composition :3 and good choice of colour!!
and yeah :3 that WOULD be awesome if they could do that @@.. neh..

well :3 keep it up!! @@.. *loves your scenery* (i cant draw backgrounds at all X33..*giggles*)
:3 i hope to see more!!
~kura

Crystal Clair
May 30th, 2005, 06:49 PM
http://img246.echo.cx/img246/9535/jerry0wj.png
Jerry is one of the four trainers you can pick from at the start of the game. He collects shiny Pokemon and competes with his best friend and rival Aspen Kimori in the minigame tournament held only in Marana or so they say only in Marana.

Sapphire Crystal
May 31st, 2005, 01:59 AM
Nice pictures. I really love the scenery ones and the May one XD Keep up the good work.

Jaybob
May 31st, 2005, 02:23 AM
this is awsome crystal clair and they were all done in paint... god i wish i could do that

Crystal Clair
May 31st, 2005, 06:19 AM
I am currently on the computer at my school library but I found some pics on the oekaki so I'll post some and I memorized the image tag
http://www.pokecommunity.com/draw/pictures/195.png
I do watercolors on Paint BBS also.
This picture, I invented her outfit myself Edit: oops, NEVER link to an oekaki!!!!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/draw/pictures/50.png
Enjoy! And dont worry when these pics get bumped off the board, I have the actual copy plus some oekakis that never made it!

Jaybob
May 31st, 2005, 06:26 AM
woo hoo and how comes u at skool? I am on half term

Crystal Clair
May 31st, 2005, 06:35 AM
I'm at school because
I'm a New York freshman who goes to high school and after this week, it's the last week.
I know this may be off the subject (but it's my thread) do you think a Japanese/English name faceoff would be a good idea in Pokemon General discussion or Pokemon anime discussion? Or better yet, would it be a good idea?

Jaybob
May 31st, 2005, 08:01 AM
i havent got a clue and oh thats y ur at skool lol

Phantom_Bugsy
May 31st, 2005, 10:53 AM
Oh drat, I was just in New York, too. >0

Your shading is <3some. :0 I love. XD

Hell I just DO MORTY X WILL PLZ love all your stuff :0

...SUBLIMINAL MESSAGING.

Crystal Clair
May 31st, 2005, 10:58 AM
Hey, Phantom, I got a Matsuba drawing on my pc. He looks REALLY stoned in it though.

Satrijou
May 31st, 2005, 12:35 PM
Hi nice work! I think that the on on the top (the may one) is the coolest! good work!

Crystal Clair
May 31st, 2005, 06:35 PM
Thanks, Hiroshi and you all. In fact, I have so much pics to post here that this thread may never end....
http://img30.echo.cx/img30/4158/lizaclair5yh.png
I totally love DraggirlShipping. It's so sweet and cute!
http://img140.echo.cx/img140/7941/thesensationalsisters5oe.png
I just love Misty's sisters. Violet the best, Lily the second best and dont really care for Daisy. I'll improve this pic though.
Coming soon, an unfinished Christmas comic about Bugsy and maybe even some characters like Will, Eusine, Matsuba, Touki or perhaps Kamon...... Oh yeah and my "stoned Matsuba" pic. All coming up tomorrow with the update of my sprite thread. I gotta get to bed! Nite, yall!

flame_chi
May 31st, 2005, 07:55 PM
very cute, and i know someone who would love the whitney picture XPP

Satrijou
May 31st, 2005, 11:52 PM
Thanks, Hiroshi and you all. In fact, I have so much pics to post here that this thread may never end....
http://img30.echo.cx/img30/4158/lizaclair5yh.png
I totally love DraggirlShipping. It's so sweet and cute!
http://img140.echo.cx/img140/7941/thesensationalsisters5oe.png
I just love Misty's sisters. Violet the best, Lily the second best and dont really care for Daisy. I'll improve this pic though.
Coming soon, an unfinished Christmas comic about Bugsy and maybe even some characters like Will, Eusine, Matsuba, Touki or perhaps Kamon...... Oh yeah and my "stoned Matsuba" pic. All coming up tomorrow with the update of my sprite thread. I gotta get to bed! Nite, yall!

Those drawings are soo great!-keep it up

gilbertman
June 1st, 2005, 08:06 AM
yay! youve made it too the big league, your very own art thread, first ill hafta say great work on the scenery, especially with MS PAINT, scenery is a hard thing to do

i love the tropius girl, also great pic of the Cerulean Sisters, well ill be watching this thread to see what great art you show

Crystal Clair
June 1st, 2005, 02:10 PM
Oh, it's the G-man! *blushes* I liiike you! And keep in mind, I did that scenery over a YEAR ago. I guess I was beginning my art goodness that year.
Unfortunately, I'm not Miss Lucky. My pc has been affected with horrible adware and I'm like getting four new popups everything I click on something.
A little busy today. I had to catsit at my neighbors and stay at school for an extra two periods because I'm getting ready for my Science final and I'm in the fifties but in my school this year, we just have to get a fifty five and that's passing.
Notice I write my numbers out. I believe writing messages on a forum is just as important as writing a novel. That only applies half teh time thou.

gilbertman
June 1st, 2005, 02:35 PM
Oh, it's the G-man! *blushes* I liiike you! And keep in mind, I did that scenery over a YEAR ago. I guess I was beginning my art goodness that year.
Unfortunately, I'm not Miss Lucky. My pc has been affected with horrible adware and I'm like getting four new popups everything I click on something.
A little busy today. I had to catsit at my neighbors and stay at school for an extra two periods because I'm getting ready for my Science final and I'm in the fifties but in my school this year, we just have to get a fifty five and that's passing.
Notice I write my numbers out. I believe writing messages on a forum is just as important as writing a novel. That only applies half teh time thou.

well that scenery is a lot better then what i was doing a year ago so i ay its awesome, adware? what kind of sites have you been visiting to get that? just kidding that can get annoying i use Lavasoft AdAware to get rid of that stuff, and i suggest NEVER to fail a class i did that my freshman year of highschool, that sucks so bad, 50 and 55 whahaha i did write them out, okay sorry looking forward to more art

Crystal Clair
June 1st, 2005, 02:52 PM
NEVER to fail a class
I just completely failed math. I haven't gotten a forty in months. I even got a zero. I recently got an 18 so there's NO hope b/c I SUCK in math.
http://img69.echo.cx/img69/2507/pokemonexplosion9ap.png
GM, remember I said I was working on drawing every single character in Pokemon? This is the beta form. Some of the characters like Archie and Sakaki were terribly drawn.

gilbertman
June 1st, 2005, 02:59 PM
I just completely failed math. I haven't gotten a forty in months. I even got a zero. I recently got an 18 so there's NO hope b/c I SUCK in math.
GM, remember I said I was working on drawing every single character in Pokemon? This is the beta form. Some of the characters like Archie and Sakaki were terribly drawn.

tsk tsk failing=bad, i failed english, not that cant sepk englesh but i just aint smart enuff, okay no i didnt do my work i was too much of a slaker

but anyhoo thats a great pic you got chacters in there that arent seen alot like Miyamoto and Brocks mom well yuo only got like a million characters to go....... but great idrea though

Crystal Clair
June 1st, 2005, 03:08 PM
Wow! you failed english. I keep getting 100s and in social studies 80s
I'm writing w/ one hand btw cause im eeting dinnr

Satrijou
June 3rd, 2005, 04:44 AM

WoW! That pic is fabolous!

Crystal Clair
June 3rd, 2005, 06:18 PM
Here's something I did for the new Touki club and for Phantom Bugsy herself. ^_^
http://img68.echo.cx/img68/7629/forthetoukiclub0zo.png
Introducing a weakness of mine. I CANNOT draw grown men. I have pulled off a few lucky ones but only 15% of the time.
How I made it: MSPaint: I used the paint brush tool on the first square size, sharpened the lines by using white, then colored the pic in using Touki's colors but then I colored all the black lines a dark gray (that's what they do on Pokesyo). Paint Shop pro 9: I pasted the selected image into a new window. Then I shrunk the picture until the quality of the lines was decent. Then I made a custom background for ol' Touki (Whitney has one!) and I filled it in. Then I screencaptured Touki, pasted him onto an empty file on MSPaint, saved it, uploaded onto Imageshack, took to Touki club then to here.
BTW, this explaination was special and I will mostly stick to the simple explainations because artists keep secrets.
Cya!

Asura Nirosuki
June 4th, 2005, 05:16 PM
WOOT! you got ypur own Art area Clairy!*huggles* all of them where Very Nice indeed...*sniff i'll miss her when she's a star*.

Crystal Clair
June 4th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Thanks, Maya. You're a great friend! ^_^
Oh, I'm working on a 1337 picture of Clair and none other than ME surfing the Pokecommunity on my laptop. I just got to fix the background shading and then it'll come up. Oh yeah, it's a huge pic so it'll be of even better quality when shrunken.
Ph33r meh 4rt! Ph33r I7!!!!

Gyardosamped
June 4th, 2005, 08:59 PM
OoOoOo...They look preety good I like them May has to much color so take some OFFF and then put the color a lil lighter :D
But otherwise its really good!

Crystal Clair
June 4th, 2005, 09:06 PM
May has to much color so take some OFFF and then put the color a lil lighter
If I did that, it'd be another style. I have a crush on the rainbow if you didn't notice.

Asura Nirosuki
June 5th, 2005, 10:19 AM
The Ash and Misty pic was true beauty!.I can't wait to see more out of you!^0^*huggs*

Satrijou
June 5th, 2005, 10:40 AM
I agree! So beautiful drawings!

Crystal Clair
June 5th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Well my picture is taking a while with the background but here's a lil preview to tide you all over. And since I'm too darn lazy to use Imageshack, it's an attachment
btw, what Clair is wearing is an alternated version of Rui's jacket from Pokemon Colloseum. I love her jacket! And I'm wearing something ordinary that I wish I own IRL. I do like the way my hair came out.
Yes, that really is me!

Goatman56
June 5th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Well Like everyone says, really nice art :D.

Satrijou
June 6th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Well my picture is taking a while with the background but here's a lil preview to tide you all over. And since I'm too darn lazy to use Imageshack, it's an attachment
btw, what Clair is wearing is an alternated version of Rui's jacket from Pokemon Colloseum. I love her jacket! And I'm wearing something ordinary that I wish I own IRL. I do like the way my hair came out.
Yes, that really is me!

Wow, They look great! You are a great artist!

gilbertman
June 6th, 2005, 11:30 AM
great new art CC, i love the Brawly, its like lil' brawly and the clair one is awesome as well and its CC in Anime form cool

Crystal Clair
June 6th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Oh, like thanks, GM-sama
Okay, you people. If you think my MSPaint art is kicka** then you can only imagine my Paint shop pro skills
Actually, no need to imagine anymore, here's a picture I just did.
http://img11.echo.cx/img11/9010/ccc6tc.png
This is princess Cassandra from a series long ago I created called Magmon. She's not a princess of a country, she's the princess of the Rainbow and she has to fight with swords and stuff. She's about age ten (young but it's good that way) She lives in northeastern Pennsylvania in the mountains in a huge castle with her brother, sister and parents. The story takes place in a different kind of time where the moderness of computers, teleportation devices and stuff you'd find in Pokemon are combined with the old fashion, fancy style where people rode horses, cooked in fireplaces and fought with swords and shields.
To simple it up, the story takes place in a time where classic and modern come together to form a beautiful and easy lifestyle.

Asura Nirosuki
June 6th, 2005, 04:59 PM
OWW! i love that pic of you and Clair! WONDERFUL! *gives rep* MORE MORE!.

Crystal Clair
June 6th, 2005, 06:43 PM
OWW! i love that pic of you and Clair! WONDERFUL! *gives rep* MORE MORE!.
Wow, you are in love with my art. *checks user cp* well on my new fan club you made me, we'll be chattin the summer away.
To be honest, when I got your club pm, the world suddenly stopped and then it began going very sloooowwwllllyy. Then I was so shocked that I had my own fanclub that I couldn't get excited which is PRETTY *blam!!!!* excited, sorry about that, stupid mean old thunder and Clair has the noisetype on again. But she's to busy training my Larvitar on my Leafgreen.
My next pic is in fact one of my oldest EVER drawn pics. It's from a long and complicated series I made up called the Night Troupe. I worked on the series for an entire year and a half. I wrote over fifty stories and made up over dozens of different characters. Beware, the oldness!

Asura Nirosuki
June 6th, 2005, 07:27 PM
I was very glad to make a Club for someone cool and great talent.*huggles*
Wow i hope you contuie with your storys and writings^-^.

Crystal Clair
June 8th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Hey! I'm back with a BRAND NEW pic.
Do you like PokeSpecial? Well then this will be a SUPER treat for you. You see for two entire days, I did a colored version of a manga pic I found on the manga pic thread. I'm super proud of my work. I cant stop drooling at it.
http://img29.echo.cx/img29/1073/mangawascolorz1qm.png
I did it ENTIRELY on Paint Shop pro and tried some new background techniques in the making.
Next up, Phantom Bugsy's shipping picture or whatever I can get done.
Oh darn, looks like I forgot to shade the pants of Red and Gold. I'll edit it tomorrow if I can.

Asura Nirosuki
June 8th, 2005, 07:17 PM
OMG! *drools and is amazed* hum-a-na Hum-a-na!*gives repy* My eyes are stained fore pure talent and beauty!.

Crystal Clair
June 9th, 2005, 06:23 AM
OMG! *drools and is amazed* hum-a-na Hum-a-na!*gives repy* My eyes are stained fore pure talent and beauty!.
I take it you have a crush on my art....
I also take it you are a big fan of cel-shading and just love metal with the actual mettalic appearance. It's fun, the art. And it makes me happy. It's my form of meditation. btw I cant do an hour's worth of art without listening to music or TV.
Oh, I have an idea, sometime I should make a tutorial on how I draw so other people could try.
Ugh! It's SOOOO HOT here at school. And sooooo humid. I hate Staten Island's humid days especially when it's in June. It's supposed to reach 89 F tday. Ouch! I doubt it gets THAT hot in Hawaii.

Asura Nirosuki
June 10th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Yeah the background works with it perfectly^0^, Nope it seems to be sunny now.

gilbertman
June 10th, 2005, 10:35 AM
wow some amazing pics there, ahhhh cant think of anything to say... good job with that PS pic very nice

Crystal Clair
June 19th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Thanks, GM!
Well after a LOOONG delay. I bring you a picture from my series the Night Troupe. Wanna know more info, check out my club. I did this pic on paint and shrunk it on PSP9
http://img300.echo.cx/img300/9330/daylapic8fh.png
And I'm not feeling lazy so I get to use ol' imageshack.
This is Dayla. She is a girlfriend of one of the members of the troupe which happens to be a big family. LOT'S of incest in that series!
Well, enjoy and you never know when I'll update this thread so watch carefully.......