PDA

View Full Version : The Mole - Discussion Thread

Mr Cat Dog
June 2nd, 2005, 11:17 AM
Yeah, come here to discuss and ask me questions about the game and stuff. To contestants, do NOT use this thread to compare answers to future rounds. You can do anything ekse you like here... well, in accordance to the game of course. We don't want this turning into another DCC -_-

Discuss

Stickified

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 2nd, 2005, 03:16 PM
This is gonna be SOOOO much fun. How long do you think it will last?

Mr Cat Dog
June 2nd, 2005, 11:52 PM
Depends on how many people join up I suppose. If there aren't that many people, then it could only be 3 or 4 weeks, but if there are like 100... I dunno to be honest. If there aren't enough people by Sunday, then I may increase the deadline a bit.

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 3rd, 2005, 03:00 AM
Depends on how many people join up I suppose. If there aren't that many people, then it could only be 3 or 4 weeks, but if there are like 100... I dunno to be honest. If there aren't enough people by Sunday, then I may increase the deadline a bit.
Well, I think you should get a lot of people to join up on Saturday. I think you will have huge turn out altogether!

Spectrum
June 3rd, 2005, 04:42 AM
Seems fun, and you're definately building up a crowd.

Mr Cat Dog
June 3rd, 2005, 06:40 AM
Yes, I've had quite a few responses so far, but I want more XD I'll put a forum wide announcement until Saturday to advertise further, and then there'll be nothing I can do :(

Oh, and you forgot to give me your time zone, Ty, in your PM.

Kira
June 3rd, 2005, 08:31 AM
This sounds cool XD SO I'll join *PM's MRCD* XD

Lil' Schu
June 3rd, 2005, 08:44 AM
Meh, I PM'ed MCD...hope he'll let me join. Sounds like fun. =D

I think you should have a limit on how many poeple can join. You don't want 100 people...on the questions, that'd be so hard to guess who'd the Mole be. x.x This just me...but, maybe only 20 or so people could join?

Mr Cat Dog
June 3rd, 2005, 09:15 AM
If 100 joined, then... that probably will be too much. If it comes to that... I dunno to be honest. I would just have to eliminate a lot of people each week :P

^^NICK^^ v.4.0
June 3rd, 2005, 09:26 AM
Like real reality tv shows do, the PMs can be like auditions, and you can pick a certain number out of the bunch.

Mr Cat Dog
June 3rd, 2005, 10:01 AM
For the most part, anyone who applies will likely be accepted.

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 3rd, 2005, 01:02 PM
Like real reality tv shows do, the PMs can be like auditions, and you can pick a certain number out of the bunch.
That is an idea if you get 200 hundred+

Lust
June 3rd, 2005, 01:08 PM
This sounds really fun. How will you pick the teams?

Mr Cat Dog
June 3rd, 2005, 01:11 PM
That would be telling, but the time zone does come into it somewhere along the line.

Lil' Schu
June 3rd, 2005, 01:19 PM
Ooh. Interesting. ^_^

I think you should pick the people on a first come, first serve basis. That way, it's fair. I think. =\

ThEoNeAnDoNlY555
June 3rd, 2005, 04:46 PM
I just sent you a submission.. but forgot my time zone.... It's Eastern Time... Sorry... I hope that I will get to play, Do you have any more info on how the game will work out each week?

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 3rd, 2005, 05:40 PM
I just sent you a submission.. but forgot my time zone.... It's Eastern Time... Sorry... I hope that I will get to play, Do you have any more info on how the game will work out each week?
I think he wanted something like this for your time zone GMT -4. But I am sure he will tell you if it is wrong.

Mr Cat Dog
June 4th, 2005, 12:29 AM
Ravenstorture, please clear your PM inbox so I can send your PM.

Kira
June 4th, 2005, 12:38 AM
Well, how will the teams be made? Like each timezone has it's own team? O.o

Spectrum
June 4th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Well, how will the teams be made? Like each timezone has it's own team? O.o
If you'll scroll up to posts #13 and #14 (you should've read the thread beforehand anyway), you'll see the question and reply.

Mr Cat Dog
June 4th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Well, I've decided how many teams there will be and the team names. They're... interesting to say the least. But I haven't put anyone into teams just yet.

DarknessMonkey
June 5th, 2005, 02:12 PM
I am here..to meet my teammates..

Lust
June 5th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Ryan, Ty, and I are on different teams! This is going to be fun. xD

Spectrum
June 5th, 2005, 08:52 PM
OMG I'M ON THE SAME TEAM AS ANDY AND KEVIN OMG OMG OMG.

How could you be so cruel?! ;_;

:D

I kid, I kid. ;P

Oh, and Jon, I thought I sent you the PM with this username? o.o

Mr Cat Dog
June 5th, 2005, 10:11 PM
So you did... I just have the habit of calling you by the other name :P

Spectrum
June 5th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Many people do. I don't blame you. :P

Kira
June 6th, 2005, 02:57 AM
Kylie-Muffin, clear your PM box XD

Lil' Schu
June 6th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Meh, I have question for MCD: Do you know who the Mole is yet?

Kira
June 6th, 2005, 11:12 AM
He has to, there wouldn't be a game if he did not know XD

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 6th, 2005, 11:14 AM
I am sure he knows. He has probably been scheming this with the Mole since before he announced the competition!

Spectrum
June 6th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Kylie-Muffin, clear your PM box XD
...So it *is* possible to fill up a moderator's inbox. o_o; That's a scary thought.

Kylie-chan
June 6th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Did ya just randomly split up all the social groups? XD Imagine a group with Andy, Ty, Paige, Ryan, Ivan, Dawson, Miyu, and all the others o.o;;;;;;; It wouldn't be fair. :3 Or did you strategially plan how we were to be placed? XD

By the way, to my team, my apologies I'm not here often enough to discuss stuff >>; Due to the overflowing nature of my inbox, you'd be better off emailing me. v Email in sig. ^^;;;

Mr Cat Dog
June 7th, 2005, 03:17 AM
That would be telling... ;) (Both for the Mole, and how I arranged teams)

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 7th, 2005, 03:19 AM
Mr Cat Dog do you like our team support banner?

Lust
June 7th, 2005, 03:22 PM
xD! OMG, kick *** banner! My team already has captains and the other teams don't so we're ahead.

Mr Cat Dog
June 8th, 2005, 02:55 AM
Not really... it's only until you start the challenges until people can be ahead :P But it's nice that you think that XD

As for the banner, I like it a lot ^_^

Lil' Schu
June 8th, 2005, 09:43 AM
xD! OMG, kick *** banner! My team already has captains and the other teams don't so we're ahead.
Bah, we have captains too. So you aren't ahead, even though you can't be ahead, 'cause we haven't started yet. XD

Kira
June 8th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Bah, we have captains too. So you aren't ahead, even though you can't be ahead, 'cause we haven't started yet. XD

If he says we are ahead, then we are ahead, GET IT? j/k Well, we had a PM vote XD Went smooth IMO

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 8th, 2005, 12:18 PM
If he says we are ahead, then we are ahead, GET IT? j/k Well, we had a PM vote XD Went smooth IMO
I don't think we would have had such a smooth leader vote if we didn't have such a go-getter person on our team like Kira. That is why she is team leader.

Lust
June 8th, 2005, 03:56 PM
xD. Yeah, so that means we're ahead! xD

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 8th, 2005, 05:42 PM
xD. Yeah, so that means we're ahead! xD
Yhea, but the other teams are catching up. They have just been very busy I am sure.

Kylie-chan
June 8th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Kira = Nick = Male. ;P
Yep, he deserves to be leader~! ^_^

Mr Cat Dog
June 9th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Well, we finally have our challenge -_- Go see Round 1 thread.

Lust
June 9th, 2005, 11:12 AM
OMFG! I'm gonna suck it up this round.

Lil' Schu
June 9th, 2005, 12:40 PM
MCD, do we have to do these by memory (no outside resources) or can we use other things besides our team and head? Because I only knwo one question XP;

Arcanine
June 9th, 2005, 01:02 PM
MCD, do we have to do these by memory (no outside resources) or can we use other things besides our team and head? Because I only knwo one question XP;
If I get the hole point of the show, you had to go and search for clues to find you way to whatever. So I think we can go search for stuff over the web (because who can remember the date and time Toonami started? O_o).

Lil' Schu
June 9th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I kinda figured, but better safe than sorry...
Yay~

Kylie-chan
June 9th, 2005, 11:08 PM
I googled some answers anyway :3 Don't think Jon had no search engines as a rule.
Are there any rules, Jon?

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 10th, 2005, 03:04 AM
Well I am not telling how I got the answers for my team. That might be giving to much info!

Mr Cat Dog
June 10th, 2005, 03:16 AM
As long as you get the answers, you can do whatever you like.

Kira
June 10th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Ok *goes off to ask Jon the answers*

Arcanine
June 10th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Question here Jon. What happens if we turn in some of the questions as blank (because we don't know the answer to it)? Or what happens if we turn in the answers as partly right (like lets say we turned in "1) Name all 5 Teen Titans:" with 3 of the team members and we didn't know the other 2)?

Lil' Schu
June 10th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Eh, you have a good point, Andy. Like 8) & 9): Name 10 AS Comidies/Name 10 AS Action shows.

Mr Cat Dog
June 10th, 2005, 09:44 AM
No points for that question. If you get one of the shows in the AS schedule wrong - no points. 4/5 Teen Titans - no points. 14/15 Friends - no points. It's as simple as that.

Blank points also follow this rule.... so you lose double your wager.

Oh, and I've marked the FBWIA, and am just waiting for the others.

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 10th, 2005, 10:24 AM
I have good sportsmanship so I want to wish the other teams good luck on finding the rest of the answers

Lil' Schu
June 10th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Good for you Jon. When will we find out the answers?

Mr Cat Dog
June 10th, 2005, 10:28 AM
You won't. Remember the title of this game, and The Mole may have cheated you of some points :D

You won't find out the answers to any of the trivia rounds, unfortunately.

Lil' Schu
June 10th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Okay, when will we find out the scores?

Arcanine
June 10th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Ok then will we at least get "Ok you got question ... right" on the ones we get right? Or is a PM going to come back saying "You get ... dollars added | You get .. dollars removed"?

Kira
June 10th, 2005, 11:24 AM
I think he will post it here, so everybody can view it, it's a competition so everyone has to be on the same base xD

Mr Cat Dog
June 10th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Round 1 results posted, and expect a few surprises :P

Lust
June 10th, 2005, 02:03 PM
I think I have an idea who the mole is.

Arcanine
June 10th, 2005, 02:12 PM
I think I have an idea who the mole is.
That's an easy one. It's Jon, he has been running this whole thing since the start. XD

Spectrum
June 10th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Aren't we supposed to keep that to ourselves? XD

Mr Cat Dog
June 11th, 2005, 03:16 AM
You don't have to if you don't want to.You can share your theories with everyone... but if you're right, then you're aiding people in winning the game. Of course... if you're wrong, then they all go down with you if they believe you XD

Spectrum
June 11th, 2005, 03:19 AM
To stir up contraversy! >O Yes. Exciting. That it is. *shot*

I think I know too, but I'll keep my mouth shut. Er, keyboard still. Same difference. <.<

^^NICK^^ v.4.0
June 12th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Wow, I forgot about this. LOL, I'm out. Well, it's cool. Now, I have more time for my RR rpg thing.

Miyu-chan
June 12th, 2005, 06:53 PM
That's an easy one. It's Jon, he has been running this whole thing since the start. XD
But is Jon even in the game? Other from being the organizer... xD

<<; *glances around suspiciously*

Dawson
June 12th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Nah, it can't be Jon. You have to be an active participant in the game to be the Mole, Jon just sets the challenges. And it has to be one of the members still in the game and I think I've ruled at at least a few people from being the Mole XD

Spectrum
June 12th, 2005, 10:42 PM
*raises eyebrow* I'm getting my suspicions of who the Mole is... XD

Mr Cat Dog
June 12th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Remember that those out were NOT the Mole in any way. The Mole is still and will always be in the game.

Lust
June 12th, 2005, 11:42 PM
xD. So that means I can be The Mole.

Lil' Schu
June 13th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Meep. I have a problem. I know this -probably- won't happen, but when I'm gone next week, is there anyway I can stay in game without being kicked off, if my team goes to ER? ...I want an exemption...XD

Mr Cat Dog
June 13th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Yeah... just tell me in advance and you'll still be in, if your team does go to ER.

T3hCoM
June 13th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Yeah... just tell me in advance and you'll still be in, if your team does go to ER.

As an FYI, I'm also gonna be on vacation between June 22nd and July 8th. I MIGHT get online between those days, but not everyday.

Because of that, is it possible for me to stay on the game if my team goes to the ER?

Lil' Schu
June 13th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Didn't I just tell you?...o.o; Okay. I'll tell you again. In a PM. o.x;