PDA

View Full Version : Pics of some of my fake pokemon

Sylphiel
June 2nd, 2005, 12:46 PM
Eh...about the most I've finished recently in the way of pictures are some fake pokemon of mine (mostly) that I've made for an rpg I'm in...and, while I've shown a sprite of at least one of them, I haven't shown off any of the others...

First up: ghost/flying types, based off banshees, a species of bird called the Kagu, and, admittedly, the Chozo ghosts from Metroid Prime.

Banshrike (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/nepryne/fakes/banshrike_clr.jpg) and Kaghoul (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/nepryne/fakes/kaghoul.jpg)

Next is...something that's not an original species, actually, but something that's a variation of an existing species. Presenting:

Tropical Skitty (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/nepryne/fakes/tropicskitty.jpg) and Tropical Delcatty (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/nepryne/fakes/tropicdelcatty.jpg)

Both are based off the Margay, a species of tree-dwelling cat. And both were inspired by a bag of tropical skittles I had one day... *weird*

The Skitty probably doesn't look too much like a normal Skitty, but only because I can't bring myself to draw it like it normally looks.

And last...something that I claim only partial credit for, as I only made the design (type, idea, and name came from my boyfriend). A sonic*/flying hummingbird:

The Thrummer (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/nepryne/fakes/thrummers.jpg). Shown in both male and female coloration (male is the more colorful one). I took the idea of difference in color between hummingbird genders to an extreme, there.

*Sonic being a fan type, and his interpretation of a "sound" type.

That's not all I have, but that's all I've decided to show for now. Mostly because I'm not as happy with most other pictures I have. >_o

Rai
June 2nd, 2005, 12:48 PM
oh!!! I really like teh tropical skitty^^

Tommeh Smiff
June 2nd, 2005, 12:49 PM
Holy... They are amazing! *Gives Rep*

Forest Grovyle
June 2nd, 2005, 01:28 PM
Wow, very cool! :D I like the markings on the tropical Skitty and Delcatty - they look like big cats ^_^ Very interesting takes on some already existing Pokmon! ^_^ Keep up the great art, Cowrie! ;)

Mr. Spartan
June 3rd, 2005, 08:03 PM
good job on the pictures cowrie.
if i didn't know better i'd say u are a good artist. I really like the thrummers, but i'd have to say i like the female one instead of the male one. :P
Can't wait to see more.

lugia65
June 3rd, 2005, 09:31 PM
did you make sprites of the thrummers? they seem familiar...

I love the tropical skitty and delcatty

RocketMeowth
June 3rd, 2005, 09:34 PM
The Skitty and Delcatty rock! Awsome job!

Sylphiel
June 3rd, 2005, 09:51 PM
Hm...seems like the skitty and delcatty are popular with almost everybody... XD

did you make sprites of the thrummers? they seem familiar...
Yeah, I did, of one of them at least...that was the pokemon I was referring to when I said I'd already shown off a sprite of one.

RocketMeowth
June 3rd, 2005, 09:54 PM
Hey do you think you could do a Meowth like that?

Sylphiel
June 4th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Hey do you think you could do a Meowth like that?

I could, but I dunno if I will...I'm not much into doing drawing requests at the moment, unfortunately...

Shadowfaith
June 4th, 2005, 12:55 PM
I dont know why, but I really love the Banshrike and Kaghoul, I can see those two as Pokemon any day, they just have that...thing XD thats all I can explain it as.

The tropic's are awesome too, instead of the average house cat, they seem to be based on Leopards and I love their realism ^_-

Thrummer, XD, you know I have been waiting for a humming bird Pokemon and they look to be quite interesting, I love the Male version of it.

Keep up the awesome work Cowrie, you have real potential! ^_-

Lass Crystal
June 5th, 2005, 06:05 PM
your pictures are really cute i love them

Satrijou
June 6th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Nice pokemonmixings! The really look cool, i like the tropicalskitty most!

Goatman56
June 6th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Nice art Cowrie. The tropical Skitty is very cool :D.

Pikabloo
June 6th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Those pics are amazing! I love the Tropical Skitty...

Emperor ServingSpoon
June 7th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Just because everyone else is saying they love the Tropical Skitty, I'll point out that it's my least favourite. They are all great, though. They do need a hummingbird Pokemon... I like the tropical Delcatty.

Overlord IX
June 7th, 2005, 05:12 PM
That tropical skitty's cute! Yeah,and that griffin-like creature! Was it hand drawned?

Sylphiel
June 8th, 2005, 08:27 AM
That tropical skitty's cute! Yeah,and that griffin-like creature! Was it hand drawned?

Yep. All of them were, though - hand drawn, and then scanned into the computer and colored there.

Eig
June 8th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Ghosts could scare me, but these birds are AWESOME. Skitty & Delcatty from tropical regions - these are better, but Thummer is just excellent.

PikachuBlue
June 8th, 2005, 11:59 AM
I love the Tropical Skitty and Delcatty. Great drawings. Keep up the good work. ^_^

Kenji-san
June 11th, 2005, 02:10 AM
Great drawings!! :D :D :D :D :D

THIRTY-SIX
June 11th, 2005, 02:45 AM
nice work i dont expect anything less from you ^_^

Azuregore
June 11th, 2005, 08:27 AM
*glomps Thrummer*

I like the Thrummer. Though the male one's kinda...colorful. Albeit too colorful. XD

Sylphiel
June 11th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Thanks for all the comments, everybody. ^_^

*glomps Thrummer*

I like the Thrummer. Though the male one's kinda...colorful. Albeit too colorful. XD

That was sorta the whole point I had behind it, though - making it absurdly colorful. XD At least it was fun to color in.

Azuregore
June 11th, 2005, 07:40 PM
yeah, but then again, I forgive you for all the colorfulness: your Thrummer art looks official!! :P

Do more! :D

Sylphiel
June 12th, 2005, 08:58 AM
yeah, but then again, I forgive you for all the colorfulness: your Thrummer art looks official!! :P

Do more! :D

Does it? ^_^ I didn't think it looked that official, to be honest...

I have more planned, it's just a making of actually kicking myself and finishing the pictures. For now, though, I have just another set I had finished from before:

Spottel (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/nepryne/fakes/spottel.jpg) and Mephitaint (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/nepryne/fakes/mephitaint.jpg)

Poison types which are based mostly off the spotted polecat (with a bit of skunk, too, but mostly just by name and behavior).

Azuregore
June 12th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Lemme guess...Mephitaint's the evolved form of Spottel? :bandit:

Wha, you don't think so? Looks to me your art has that distinct Sugimori style: simple, yet beautiful! XD

You know what, we should have more POKeMON based on mythological animals, like a sphinx, don't you think? :P

mew is real619
June 12th, 2005, 09:50 AM
i really like the spottle though the evolvement of it looks really like a feret

Sylphiel
June 12th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Lemme guess...Mephitaint's the evolved form of Spottel? :bandit:
You've got that right. ^^

Wha, you don't think so? Looks to me your art has that distinct Sugimori style: simple, yet beautiful! XD
Ah, I see...

You know what, we should have more POKeMON based on mythological animals, like a sphinx, don't you think? :P
Yep. I'm a lover of mythological animals, so of course I'd love to see things like that. :P

i really like the spottle though the evolvement of it looks really like a feret
That's because the animal I based it off of is somewhat related to ferrets (they're in the same family, at least). It probably could've stood to look a little more skunk-ish, but hey...creative license, here. :P

Azuregore
June 12th, 2005, 10:33 AM
That's because the animal I based it off of is somewhat related to ferrets (they're in the same family, at least). It probably could've stood to look a little more skunk-ish, but hey...creative license, here. :P

But then again, we already have a ferret-type POKeMON: remember Furret??? XD

Sylphiel
June 12th, 2005, 10:45 AM
But then again, we already have a ferret-type POKeMON: remember Furret??? XD

And even Linoone, sort of. :P But nah, I haven't forgotten Furret...not yet, anyways. *loves Furret*

To be honest, the Spottel and Mephitaint were originally going to be sorta like a "cousin" species to Zigzagoon and Linoone. O.o Like...variations, or something. And then I made them into their own species, for some reason. Heh.

Azuregore
June 12th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Yeah...brown wouldn't be a good color for your POKeMONs, now, wouldn't they? XD

*imagines a scene where you couldn't tell apart Spottels from a colony of Furrets and Linoones if Spottels were brown* O.O

XDD