PDA

View Full Version : The Mole - Round 1

Mr Cat Dog
June 5th, 2005, 12:06 AM
OK! We have our teams. In all, 25 people have successfully signed up (more did sign up but forgot to leave their time zones and so were rejected) for The Mole. Here are the teams as follows:

JigglyPuffIsHott, Hotaru, Lil' Schu, Katsuro, Baker's Bulbasaur, Punk Skater, ravenstorture, Zaikiro and Emerald Ex - You are now known as Darth Vader's Little Green Aliens

PokemonMstrSpiro, Miyu-chan, Kira, ^^NICK^^ v.4.0, Legendary Pokemon Master, Kylie-chan, Dawson, and Thomas-san - You are now known as Fluffy Bunnies With Intense Acne

Crush on May, Happy Dude, Kyogre-chan, FireFlameRyu, Arcanine, Trikip, Joe_Johnson_Dk_Roy, Dark Sora - You are now known as Jessica Fletcher's Mystery Solvers

Now, before Round 1 can begin, each team needs to organise amongst themselves a team captain. When they have, the captain needs to post in this thread telling me so. Then, the captain needs to deliver the wager for this challenge. "But we haven't got any money" I hear you say. Not any more!

*Gives each the teams an envelope with $10,000 Monopoly Money*

For each round, you shall need to give a wager if you want to actually win any money. So, unless you want to stick with your $10,000, I suggest you wager something each round.

For this week's challenge, the maximum amount of money you can wager is $100. The challenge won't start until all the wagers are in, so get your team captain and wagers!

Baker's Bulbasaur
June 5th, 2005, 05:27 AM
are we allowed to start a discussion thread for our teams that are blocked to all but the team? this would make talking easier then having to PM people all the time, plus that way we can get our team captain decided and fiture strategies.]

wadda ya think?

Mr Cat Dog
June 5th, 2005, 05:29 AM
It would be very hard to block everyone bar specific teams. To do that, we would need to come up with 3 new usergroups and such, and I don't see that happening. Remember that there is Instant Messenging, and you haven't got a time limit or anything to decide.

Baker's Bulbasaur
June 5th, 2005, 05:43 AM
ok then fair enough, ill just get the addies of team mates

ThEoNeAnDoNlY555
June 5th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Even if we couldn't block other temas from viewing it can we make a thread to figure out our team captains anyway? Cause it would make things much simpler...

Kira
June 5th, 2005, 09:02 AM
I think PM is good enough, then there is also IM, use them XD

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 5th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Yhea I think all the teams should have be talking with each other. The basic of a good team is teamwork!

Kira
June 5th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Yeah, Our team is almost finished. We should give you the answer tomorrow XD

^^NICK^^ v.4.0
June 5th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Go our team! We need a nickname... How about Acne Ridden Rabbits. No, too long, I think we should be the FBIA's. Yeah...

Lust
June 5th, 2005, 07:15 PM
The teams seem to be even. It will be a good competition.

ravenstorture
June 5th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Wow, it is going to be a challenge in itself to try and get everyone to come up with a captain. XD

Mr Cat Dog
June 5th, 2005, 10:07 PM
He he... it's teaching you teamwork, people :P

Happy Dude
June 5th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Well yeah i suppose i will have to pm everyone about it.

But we have Acarnine in our group we can't lose.XD

Spectrum
June 5th, 2005, 10:10 PM
There's no I in team, that's why I've decided that the leader should be... me! :D *dodges brick*

Kylie-chan
June 5th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Awesome! I got the team with all the good people on it XP

Happy Dude
June 6th, 2005, 12:25 AM
There's no I in team, that's why I've decided that the leader should be... me! :D *dodges brick*Ah yesah it doesn't matter who the leader is we better think fast though.XD

Kira
June 6th, 2005, 02:36 AM
Teh Fluffy Bunnies Team Leaders are Miyu-Chan and Me, this after a democratic voting. We will also wagger 100$

Mr Cat Dog
June 6th, 2005, 06:56 AM
OK, now we just need the others to submit, then I can start the challenge.

Spectrum
June 6th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Wait, I'm confused. Does this mean we're allowed to have two team leaders? O_o

Kira
June 6th, 2005, 08:25 AM
I'm the head, Miyu is the vice in case I'm not here etc. XD

Baker's Bulbasaur
June 6th, 2005, 10:14 AM
I have put a message in my sig to all memebers of my team to PM me to discuss team captain, I am the only person who has posted here in my team other then Ravenstorture

come on team, we need to find a leader!

Lil' Schu
June 6th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Yay. *thinks about team leader* How about...*bleep* Ha. XD

Miyu-chan
June 6th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Wow, I'm the vice? x3

*waves FBIA flag*

...errr... yeah. xD;

DarkCircuit
June 6th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Ok xD YAY! I'm on Darth's team! ^-^

Now I'm the third member from our team to post~

Kylie-chan
June 6th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Wow, I'm the vice? x3

*waves FBIA flag*

...errr... yeah. xD;
*waves flag too* ^______^ Congwatulations

Lucid-Acid
June 7th, 2005, 05:17 AM
Ehhh, our team needs to pick a leader. o.o;

Lil' Schu
June 7th, 2005, 05:24 AM
Eh, yeah. Um...IM me sometime Paige, or PM me, or something. We should pick a co-leader too...

Oops. :P

Mr Cat Dog
June 7th, 2005, 07:15 AM
A co-leader isn't essential. You just need a team captain for the moment.

DONT FORGET YOUR WAGERS AS WELL. THEY'RE EQUALLY IMPORTANT!!!!!

Lucid-Acid
June 7th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Okay MCD, I'm going to be leader of our team, and Schy wants to be co-leader.

Lil' Schu
June 7th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Our wager is $100. Yay for us. XD

If anyone should have complaints, PM me or Paige.

ravenstorture
June 7th, 2005, 08:23 AM
You two shouldn't just go decide something, then do it and then after you have already done it tell people to PM them if they don't like this. Meh, whatever. Do whatever, I don't care.

Kira
June 7th, 2005, 08:34 AM
So all teams have captains, only two have waggered XD

Lucid-Acid
June 7th, 2005, 03:22 PM
You two shouldn't just go decide something, then do it and then after you have already done it tell people to PM them if they don't like this. Meh, whatever. Do whatever, I don't care.
I had talked to some of the other people on MSN, and you said you didn't want to do it the other day.

ravenstorture
June 7th, 2005, 08:22 PM
I had talked to some of the other people on MSN, and you said you didn't want to do it the other day.

Well the way that you and Shu made it sound was like you two hadn't talked to anyone else and you two just chose that and if no one liked it they could take it up with you two, but other than that, that was how it was going to go.

Happy Dude
June 8th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Uh does our team have a captin yet.

Just Let Andy do it.XD.

Mr Cat Dog
June 8th, 2005, 02:53 AM
Well... if you're not done by noon tomorrow (GM1 +1) I'll just pick, as you're taking too long :P

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 8th, 2005, 03:09 AM
Well... if you're not done by noon tomorrow (GM1 +1) I'll just pick, as you're taking too long :P
Thank you MCD. It has been to long a wait.

Kira
June 8th, 2005, 06:31 AM
Yeah. Good Luck on picking captain xD

Spectrum
June 8th, 2005, 02:21 PM
We've already picked Arcy as our team captain. He just needs to post here. :P

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 8th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Please don't forget your wagers, I will say for MCD!

Spectrum
June 8th, 2005, 02:39 PM
I'm pretty sure we'll be wagering the maximum of $100, but I'll let Arcy confirm.

Lust
June 8th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Are all the teams wagering $100?

Kylie-chan
June 8th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Possibly, when they wager can we find out our challenge?

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 9th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Possibly, when they wager can we find out our challenge?
Yhea I have been wondering that myself. Hopefully because of all the extra time we have had maybe MCD has been making the challenge up

Mr Cat Dog
June 9th, 2005, 03:09 AM
Fine... Andy shall be your captain, and you will wager $100 Mickey Mouse Dollars.

OK, Round 1 (finally) is a trivia round is entitled:

CARTOON CARTOONS!

Basically, this round tests people on their knowledge of the glorious channel of Cartoon Network. There shall be 20 questions, and the aim is to get the most right.

For every question you get right, you will win double your wager
For every question you get wrong, you will lose double your wager

1 member (i.e. your captain) must submit the results for all of the team, and you must do so... in 36 hours, as I'm an evil son of a *****. Here we go then!

1) Name all 5 Teen Titans
2) What is the date that Camp Lazlo starts
3) What is the date that Toonami started in the US
4) What is the date that Toonami started in the UK (Channel)
5) Name 15 Imaginary Friends from "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
6) Who is the VA of Eduardo (Foster's) and Raimundo (Xiaolin Showdown)
7) Who is the VA of Frankie (Foster's)
8) Name 10 AS Comedies
9) Name 10 AS Action shows
10) Which episode did FMA stop on AS (Name and Number)
11) Who is the Essence Stealer in Samurai Jack
12) What is the current weekday Miguzi (US) schedule (Time and shows)
13) What is the current weekday Fridays schedule (Time and shows)
14) What is the current weekday Toonami (US) schedule (Time and shows)
15) What is the current Adult Swim (US) schedule for all of the Week commencing 11/6/05
16) What time do Cartoon Cartoons start in the UK
17) Name 3 cartoons aired on Cartoon Network in the US, but Boomerang in the UK
18) Which episoide of Megas XLR was broadcast first in the UK before the US
19) Which episodes of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends were broadcast first in the UK before the US
20) How many episodes are in a Cartoon Network Studios produced season

:D Aren't I evil XD

Kira
June 9th, 2005, 07:12 AM
You are evil MCD! You should pick something european later XD

Mr Cat Dog
June 9th, 2005, 09:15 AM
The UK IS in Europe :P It features Cartoon Network questions from the UK as well as the US, so the only people complaining are the Aussies XD

Kira
June 9th, 2005, 09:23 AM
I complain! I'm from Sweden! XD

Lil' Schu
June 9th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Well the way that you and Shu made it sound was like you two hadn't talked to anyone else and you two just chose that and if no one liked it they could take it up with you two, but other than that, that was how it was going to go.
Um, I PMed everyone, and they all said it was okay. They had some questions (they wanted you to be leader, yeah you), but you said you didn't want to be. So unless anyone wants to be co-leader, go ahead and step up. We'll take a vote then. I don't really care.

Edit: MCD, that's not fair, I don't get Cartoon Network on my TV. ;o;

ravenstorture
June 9th, 2005, 09:55 AM
I'll be co leader if people want me to, I was just saying I didn't want to just say I was the leader without getting everyone else to say who they wanted.

Ok, lets start.

Lil' Schu
June 9th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Ryan, you can be co-leader if you want, if you want to be, I'll step down. I'll PM everyone and see what they think.

Kira
June 9th, 2005, 10:40 AM
What does AS stand for? Can you pwease tell me? X3

Lust
June 9th, 2005, 11:08 AM
AS, stands for Adult Swim, I think.

Kira
June 9th, 2005, 11:29 AM
I got that, ok so now I will give you some answers MCD, there are 13 of them, 7 more will be posted by my teammates, not me, not Miyu, because I will be offline and Miyu is not online. We will give you the answers!

Arcanine
June 9th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Just to remind everyone, don't post the answers here. Send Jon a PM with the answers (you post them here other teams with pick up the answers). Unless Jon states to post here. XD

And thanks Jon, picking Cartoon Network great idea. You must have read somewhere that I don't watch Cartoons anymore. And I haven't watched Toonami since the first Tom was there. XD

ravenstorture
June 9th, 2005, 01:05 PM
XD! I feel the same way. I haven't watched CN since I used to watch DBZ back when I was in 4th grade. XD

Lil' Schu
June 9th, 2005, 01:17 PM
I would watch...if I got it. XP

Miyu-chan
June 9th, 2005, 03:25 PM
I don't even have cable! ;_;

You're evil... T-T

T3hCoM
June 9th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Everyone else is right! You're evil MCD! :P Good thing I'm not answering. I don't watch CN. (If the quiz were about Nickelodeon instead, I would've aced it! :P )

Kylie-chan
June 9th, 2005, 08:57 PM
The UK IS in Europe :P It features Cartoon Network questions from the UK as well as the US, so the only people complaining are the Aussies XD
You... meanie... ;_____________;
*shrugs* I haven't watched TV over here in forever.
Goooooooooogle time!

Kira
June 9th, 2005, 10:47 PM
It's almost impossible to Google it xD

Kylie-chan
June 9th, 2005, 11:03 PM
It's almost impossible to Google it xD
It's not hard, I just don't have a long attention span or I would have finished the rest.

Mr Cat Dog
June 10th, 2005, 03:19 AM
I know I'm evil. That's why I chose something I know loads about, and you lot know crap all about! XD

Also, please send all of your answers TOGETHER! I won't mark them if they're separated or anything. All together, or no marks. You can resubmit (as one team has submitted their results like this) but... just make sure you do it in the next11 and a half hours :P

Kira
June 10th, 2005, 04:57 AM
Oh, and one thing: Can we PM you with the answers or should we post here?

Lil' Schu
June 10th, 2005, 05:03 AM
Eh, I would think you'd PM them. You don't want other teams looking at your answers, do you? XD

Kira
June 10th, 2005, 05:34 AM
No, but he said "And one member has to post the answers" XD

Lust
June 10th, 2005, 07:38 AM
xD. We're done answering questions. What do we do now?

Kira
June 10th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Wait and see what the scores will be xD

Mr Cat Dog
June 10th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Congratulations to the Fluffy Bunnies With Intense Acne for being the first team to submit their answers. Everyone else has 6 HOURS AND 5 MINUTES!

Good luck :P

Lil' Schu
June 10th, 2005, 09:00 AM
We have 2 questions to go...aside from Ryan's...you other teams are lucky, you have some decent active members T_T;

Kira
June 10th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Wee, we're the first xD Hopefully the best xD you have one hour 18 minutes left...

Mr Cat Dog
June 10th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Well, all the results are in, earlier than expected, so I can give them to you all:

Darth Vader's Little Green Aliens - 15 Right, and 5 Wrong, so that gives you $2000, which gives you a total of $12000

Fluffy Bunnies With Intense Acne - 14 Right, and 6 Wrong, so that gives you $1800, which gives you a total of $11800

Jessica Fletcher's Mystery Solvers - 10 Right, and 10 Wrong, so that gives you $0, leaving your total at $10000

Now, as I said at the beginning, at this point in the show, some of the teams would go to the Elimination Round. Well, Congratulations to Jessica Fletcher's Mystery Solvers, as you're NOT! :D

Fluffy Bunnies With Intense Acne and Darth Vader's Little Green Aliens, as you actually won money, you're going to Elimination Round :P

Elimination Round starts tomorrow, and I will explain everything then. Enjoy :P

(I never said that you had to win to get out of ER, so don't blame me for being there :P)

Kira
June 10th, 2005, 12:56 PM
You are so ultimate evil! But hey we got some rights xD

Spectrum
June 10th, 2005, 01:01 PM
...OMG. YAY WE ARE TEH WINNARZ LOLZ!!!!1!!!11!!11!!!111!!

Okay, I'm done.

Mr Cat Dog
June 10th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Technically, the winners are DVLGA as they won the most money... But in a sense you're winners since you managed to avoid elimination. Meh...

Lucid-Acid
June 10th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Go us! XD
Now... we just need to not get eliminated... I think... o.o;

ravenstorture
June 10th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Yeah, Ty, we are the winners. Funny, Paige and Shu and I were the only ones that answered any of the questions. o.O;

Lucid-Acid
June 10th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Yeah, Ty, we are the winners. Funny, Paige and Shu and I were the only ones that answered any of the questions. o.O;
Well a few of our team members haven't logged onto PC in a while. >>

Spectrum
June 10th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Oh, believe me, if I meant that we were in fact the "winners", I'd be cramming it down your throats happily. :D

Wait... Jon tells no lies. OMG WE WIN LOLZ- nah, j/k. :P

But we ARE the winners though. Right, Jon? *twitch*

Mr Cat Dog
June 10th, 2005, 01:16 PM
*backs away from the crazed people wanting to know if they've won*

Remember, you've only truly won at the end of the game ;)

Lucid-Acid
June 10th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Ty, we won more money, we won. XD

T3hCoM
June 10th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Aww...we didn't win any money. :( Oh well, maybe next time.

But look at the bright side, the team I'm on won't go to ER! :)

Spectrum
June 10th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Ty, we won more money, we won. XD
*poke* You didn't see Jon's post at the bottom of page 3? :O

Mr Cat Dog
June 10th, 2005, 01:28 PM
You and Ty are on different teams, Paige :P You may have won more money, but he didn't XD

Lucid-Acid
June 10th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Thats what I ment, I didn't see the post. XD

Lust
June 10th, 2005, 02:02 PM
OMG! We have to kick some *** in order to stay in.

Lucid-Acid
June 10th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Are we gonna eliminate the whole teams, or just one person? o.o

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 10th, 2005, 02:05 PM
At least we won some money. Shame we have to go to the ER, but hey its a game. He said who went to the ER would be questionable every week.

Arcanine
June 10th, 2005, 02:07 PM
For once it's good to be last. We don't go into this crazy elimination round. XD

Kira
June 10th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Arcy, you do go there O.o You're in Darth Vader's team O.o

Spectrum
June 10th, 2005, 02:42 PM
No, Arcy's the leader of our team, Jessica Fletcher's... something or other. oO;

Dark Sora
June 10th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Yes. The 'Mystery Solvers'. Mostly known as the people from Scooby Doo XD

By the way, Thanks for the CN questions, Jon. I watch it everyday and I'm a huge fan of Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, so it was easy for me XD

Miyu-chan
June 10th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Okay... now I'm uberly confused.... o.O; Kira, do you still need the answer to the last question? o.o;

But anyways... at least we won some money. xD;

Happy Dude
June 10th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Yessssssssssssssss we com last but we are still here.XD.

Arcanine
June 10th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Yes. The 'Mystery Solvers'. Mostly known as the people from Scooby Doo XD

By the way, Thanks for the CN questions, Jon. I watch it everyday and I'm a huge fan of Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, so it was easy for me XD
Yea Kevin was a real big help on all the AS and other stuff. If it wasn't for him watching Cartton Network we wouldn't have came out even on the money. XD

Oh and no, our team is not named after Scooby Doo. It's Jessica Fletcher, she had a show I used to watch a lot. It's called "Murder, She Wrote", Jessica Fletcher was the name of the woman in the show, her real name is Angela Lansbury. If none of you heard of her then it's most likely before your time. XD

Kylie-chan
June 10th, 2005, 07:11 PM
*cries* It's not fair ;-; Oh well, Jon, what do we do now we're in that round? XD

Mr Cat Dog
June 10th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Yeah... Angela Lansbury is so good in Murder, She Wrote. I have no idea how you could mistake her for someone out of crappy Scooby Doo.

Happy Dude
June 10th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Yeah *burns scooby*.

so i'm curios how this elimination thing works.

Kira
June 11th, 2005, 12:32 AM
So am I, So am I, next time I will not answer questions :P

Mr Cat Dog
June 11th, 2005, 02:55 AM
Well... I'll make the ER thread... and close this one ^_^

Case closed