PDA

View Full Version : The best Pixel Art drawing I've EVER done. 0_o

Shuko
June 9th, 2005, 01:32 PM
-_-; I did this for a pixel art contest today. I spent three freakin' hours on this monstrosity. It woulda been a lot shorter, if not for the stupid frame. :P But I love how it turned out. His name's Captain Clefairy. He's a Pokemon Superhero!
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/Shuko/captain_clefairy.png

And it just so happens that Clefairy is my favorite Pokemon. :P

Edit: In case there's any dispute, every bit of that was drawn by hand, although I used the handy-dandy curved line tool to make the lines smooth. It was drawn in MS Paint. All of it. Just to clarify, in case anyone asks. ^^;

devilicious
June 9th, 2005, 01:36 PM
wtf Shuko thats awesome! =o
Really, that deserves a prize~

I have no complains, its blazing awesome~ o_o

Yami_Zidane
June 9th, 2005, 01:40 PM
i can just hear it now "Captain Clefairy away!" lol it looks really good! and i can't see anything wrong with it! great job shuko

Lil' Schu
June 9th, 2005, 01:43 PM
OMG! That is awesome! *saves it saves it saves it*

Yay! You shoudl be awarded something!

Forest Grovyle
June 9th, 2005, 01:45 PM
It's a really nice and original idea, Shuko, and you've pulled it off perfectly! :D Clefairy is so cute as a superhero! ^_^

P.S. Sorry about the forum confusion XD I thought you meant something more like sprite-size...bigger pictures like this can go in the main art gallery ^_^

Arcanine Fan 101
June 9th, 2005, 01:46 PM
that is awsome good job shuko

Yameneko549
June 9th, 2005, 01:48 PM
O_o; If you hadn't said it was pixel art in the title, I would have guessed it was drawn by hand. That... amazing. Now, if only I were that good... X_X;

Spectrum
June 9th, 2005, 01:52 PM
O. M. G.

It's... awesome. Flawless. I love it. <3 <3 If I were running that contest, I'd just cancel it now and declare you the winner. Great work! :3

Shuko
June 9th, 2005, 01:53 PM
O_o; If you hadn't said it was pixel art in the title, I would have guessed it was drawn by hand. That... amazing. Now, if only I were that good... X_X;

A lot of it was drawn by hand, lol! Isn't all MS Paint art pixel art by default? =3 *Is kinda confused*

Anyway, most of the smaller details and less uniform parts of the highlights were done by hand. But for the rest, I used the different tools you find in MS Paint. My favorite was of course, the curved line tool. :P Although I did a lot with the Pencil and the Paint bucket, lol.

Is it really that good? I know I've seen a lot better. :P I wish I hadn't taken so much time on it, though. x_x Now my hand hurts, lol!

Asura Nirosuki
June 9th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Wow thats amazing! ^0^*gives you cookie*what a cute pose.

Shikon no Tama
June 9th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Awww, Clefairy ish Superman! XD It's so kawaii, and you did it perfectly too. Great job Shuko, you really deserve this. ^^ *Gives rep* =D

Hikarii
June 9th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Whoa, tha'ts just so cool! I love how you did a shading! And it's pixel art? The seckz0rs. XD

Gyardosamped
June 9th, 2005, 08:05 PM
oOOOoOoooOo...It was preety good!I love it actually!

kohei
June 9th, 2005, 10:09 PM
I guess MSPaint makes it pixel art... so good job!

Now Captain Clefairy only needs a theme song.

Shuko
June 12th, 2005, 07:08 PM
I guess MSPaint makes it pixel art... so good job!

Now Captain Clefairy only needs a theme song.

Yeah, but unfortunately, that's open to interpretation. :/ And the owner of the contest changed his rules a few days after I entered so that mine is now disqualified. I've decided not to let it bother me, though. Sure, he changed the rules of a contest, after he'd received some twenty-odd entries from people, but meh, it's his contest. :P In any event, the drawing turned out nice, don't you think? That makes it all worth it. ^_~ I never counted on winning anyway. There were some killer entries in that thing. x_x

Thanks for all your wonderful compliments and criticism, guys! I'ma go work on my comic now. Bye!

Rocket Superior Chase
June 13th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Very smecksy! I <3, you have shown your l33t MS Paint skills!

Allstories
June 13th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Ho-ho, that's pretty cool. The shading is great.

Cybex Mewtwo
June 14th, 2005, 05:53 AM
We've got ourselves another Artistic Giant! This is so awesome, it makes me want to strap on some colored tights, get a cape and jump out a window, only to come crashing into the ground...

Pikabloo
June 14th, 2005, 05:58 AM
That's really cool... I love the idea! Go Captain Clefairy, go! *shot* o.o

mewthree w/armor
June 14th, 2005, 11:39 AM
LOL Great Picture, made me smile when I saw it.

Nicole
June 14th, 2005, 06:41 PM
hey great pic!clefairt is one of my favs and you made her/him(?)look so good.