PDA

View Full Version : Snow

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
January 26th, 2004, 03:59 AM
In the Pennsylvania/New Jersey/ Delaware area there is a lot of snow. I don't have school today. I hope we're out tomorrow too. Does anyone else have a lot of snow in their area?

Sayuri no Hoshi
January 26th, 2004, 08:38 AM
In the Pennsylvania/New Jersey/ Delaware area there is a lot of snow. I don't have school today. I hope we're out tomorrow too. Does anyone else have a lot of snow in their area?
Nope, but we didn't have school in almost all of Massachusetts the Friday before Martin Luther King, Jr. Day weekend because it was just too cold...^^;; Although, we're supposed to be getting a lot of snow Wednesday morning so we might not have school, either. ^_^

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
January 26th, 2004, 09:52 AM
then there's always a chance we'll be in school farther into the summer **sigh**

Arcanine
January 26th, 2004, 09:55 AM
It is very cold here but for the last few days we only got cold rain. -_- *sigh* I want some snow so I can make a snowman. XD

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
January 26th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Don't you live in Georgia or somewhere down south?

Arcanine
January 26th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Don't you live in Georgia or somewhere down south?
Yea I live in North Georgia. We do get snow (some years) but it is never much to do anything with, just there to look at.

###
January 26th, 2004, 10:24 AM
I got snow where I live. It's about 2-3".

Kairi
January 26th, 2004, 10:26 AM
I think were supposed to get a few inches tomorrow, doesnt affect my school of course. =P Or todays delivery *waits by the door* o.o;

Arcanine, even if you did get enough snow to make one, your fiery breath would melt it! ;_;

Frostweaver
January 26th, 2004, 10:55 AM

*guesses that Kairi is eager for her new TV ^_^;*
*wonders why Arcanine wants to make another Frosty... he doesn't like the idea of another him in another part of the world*
*is currently enjoying -46 degree celcius temperature ^-^ with LOTS of snow*

Arcanine
January 26th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Arcanine, even if you did get enough snow to make one, your fiery breath would melt it! ;_;Well I guess your right about all the snow going bye bye. XD
*wonders why Arcanine wants to make another Frosty... he doesn't like the idea of another him in another part of the world*See the more of you the better chance of you taking over the world and turning it in to all snow. XD

Kairyu
January 26th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Snow? *checks outside*
Nope none here, only partly cloudy skies with some morning sunshine. With the weather being around 73 Fahrenheit I don't see any chance of snow today, well maybe except on top of Mt. Mauna Kea:D.

Kairi
January 26th, 2004, 12:03 PM
A world of frostys huh? I didnt think about thatif it snows this egg can make an accurate frosty clone! *grabs that pic of the guy that kind of looks like frosty*

Frostweaver
January 26th, 2004, 12:19 PM
*thinks that a world of Frosty can't be too bad... as seeing a world of Kairi (which is already in existent in almost every household... go check your fridge for Kairi PC members) is doing quite world*

*feels guilty for eating another Kairi this morning... this counts for the err... 1000 something Kairi he ate in his life?*

Kairi
January 26th, 2004, 02:02 PM
To clear up possible confusion, he calls me an egg for various reasons to tease me. So thats what he means. O_o

Cherrim
January 26th, 2004, 04:12 PM
I like snow~~ It makes the winters seem warmer for some reason. Probably because it usually means there's not such a big wind chill. @_@

Actually, the "biggest storm of the year" just started earlier today. Although, that's a stupid statement since the year is only 26 days in. <_<;; But, it might be enough to get busses/schools/exams cancelled tomorrow. Not like it would really change anything, though, since I don't have any tomorrow. I just don't want school cancelled because it means my brother will be bothering me all day while I'm trying to study. x_X

Frostweaver
January 26th, 2004, 04:39 PM

*heard of the situation over eastern Canada*
*is snowing and is cold (-46 c) here too but is used to it, and likes it =p *c* *

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
January 26th, 2004, 04:53 PM
I really hope it snows tonight. The guy on Action news said it's onlt gonna get worse.

Cherrim
January 26th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Eww.... -46? *shivers* ._. That's like Iqaluit temperatures. *feels sorry for anyone who lives up there* x.o;

It is... -13C and it's snowing. @_@ I'm glad I don't have to leave the house tomorrow. XD

Frostweaver
January 26th, 2004, 05:05 PM

*knows where Carol can find snow*
*tells her to go to the supermarket where the ice creams are stored ^_^; *

John Denver
January 26th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Today was very nice and mellow actually, we only got about 3 inches of snow and it was a "two T-shirt" weather of 20 degrees...

man it's nice out...but Weather God say snow come later to town...snow come...

gawsh, my school would never cancel school for snow, ever...We've cancelled many times for fog, but NEVER for snow....

oh well *prays for heavy fog*

BOO ya!

Frostweaver
January 26th, 2004, 05:12 PM

*looks outside the window*
*see snow falling from the sky and on the floor everywhere, with a huge icicle outside the neighbour's house that's taller than Kairi... due to water dripping out of a pipe*
*is seeing snow and ice all at the same time while posting which is absolute joy =) *c*

Cherrim
January 26th, 2004, 05:16 PM
When I lived in Nova Scotia, they would cancel school (not just busses, SCHOOL) for 4 cm of snow. THAT was awesome. ^_^ But then I moved here and we've had snow up to our knees and the busses weren't even cancelled. >_>;;

John Denver
January 26th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Lightning, I know exactly what you mean...

*get's killed by snow*

sorry cartoon :D

BOO ya!

Arwen
January 26th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Well, it's really bad news for me... My midterms got delayed...

Well, on the brighter side, it will look wounderful to see some snow. ^_^

Kairi
January 26th, 2004, 05:27 PM

*LOL*
*Went yesterday to the supermarket to buy ice cream*
*It's warm enough to eat ice cream*
*rathers see snow fallen from the sky and sent in an envelope than...artificial...frozen...water...Even if it already melted =D*c**

Did I do it right?Dakota stole CaRtOOns dieing thing, and Carol frostys thinking thing hmm. O.o; Ah-ha, I know! XD

Bai,
Kairi

Arwen
January 26th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Well, anyway... Central New Jersey is expecting 12 inches on tueday night though Wednesday Night..

X_X... alot of shovering.

Frostweaver
January 26th, 2004, 05:33 PM

*Wonders how Mr. Frosty can look at snow and type...but at least he can see snow...aww...*
*What if the neighbor's house is actually 22sa's house? o___________________O*
*My mother just turned on the A/C...Yay... >_>*
*Thinks tomorrow it will be getting warmer*
*Wishes someone could email her some snow =P*c*

I can't do it!
*can send Carol a post with snow from Edmonton?*
http://www.westerntour.com/otherAb/winter/Ewtrbrdg.jpg

*knows exactly where the above is in Edmonton XD *c* *
*22sa should too if he ever walked outside of his house for 30~50 minute...*

*is thinking of making copyright laws for posting style*
*doesn't really like to type so much *s in posting but is too afraid to actually speak*
*wonders why Kairi is taking a dead trend that the original owner isn't even using anymore =p *c* *

John Denver
January 26th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Oh Kairi, you so hot

*cough*

That's my only original thing, other than some others like BOO ya!

snow is a good thing...i don't think it's evber snowed in Puerto Rico...poor poor people...

BOO ya!

Arwen
January 26th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Would you stop ignoring me... >_<

I don't want to act like dizzy, but uhhhh...

*Makes a new topic again about ignoring*

Frostweaver
January 26th, 2004, 05:36 PM
*remembers recording that "_____ you so hot *cough*" thing in the album ^_^*
*... must think of more new posting style so he has something to add about himself next year in the next album ^_^; *

Frostweaver
January 26th, 2004, 05:42 PM

*knows that Carol likes to copy/agree with him regardless of whatever he's doing/saying... '_';*
*just used a smilie he has never used before ^_^; *

*has not just seen snow before but ate snow before XD *c* *

Frostweaver
January 26th, 2004, 06:04 PM

*feels old and feeba-ish to be called by Mr.*
*knows that it's not a postcard... no one makes a postcard out of the little Whitemud ravine... just a picture ^_^; *
*knows that a 1 hour hike from Frosty's house through the Whitemud ravine across "THAT" bridge will reach 22sa's house ^_^*
*should try that in the summertime*

###
January 27th, 2004, 08:49 AM
I don't have school today!!! Yippe! Yo-do-lay-ee-OOO!! Score 2 for meh!!!

Q Man
January 27th, 2004, 09:06 AM
I haven't had school the last 2 days cuz of this snowstorm... My mom also tells me that we're supposed to get MORE snow tonight, so my school district might have to pull a hat trick with the closings ^_^
It's like February all over again!

Arcanine
January 27th, 2004, 09:43 AM
I want SNOWWWWWW
The only thing I have been getting for the past 2 days is RAINNNNN, lots of dirty old rain. XD
I want to make a Frosty. XD
And good thing I didnt eat any Kairi's for the past week. XD

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
January 27th, 2004, 10:26 AM
I haven't had school the last 2 days cuz of this snowstorm... My mom also tells me that we're supposed to get MORE snow tonight, so my school district might have to pull a hat trick with the closings ^_^
It's like February all over again!

Same with me. No school. YAY! Anyway, february was fun for me last year. SNow days, PC, Cas leaving, I split my toe open on my stairs...great!

Frostweaver
January 27th, 2004, 11:25 AM

*has no new snow today*
*but it's still just as cold...*
*Frost has formed all over Frosty's window now ^_^*

jynx
January 27th, 2004, 12:42 PM
ITS SNOWING!! WAAA! In UK!!
Its snowing right now! Tell you what, this is the 2nd time in my entire life to see snow. And the first time that I take photos in snow!!
I'm so happy! I took loads of photos!!

Q Man
January 27th, 2004, 01:26 PM
hehe, good 4U!
Snow is so nice... I like how it glows blue under the light of the moon at night.
Also, its started snowing again where I live... Just as predicted it would... I hope it continues through the night, but I'll say... This storm just won't let the New England states go!!

Mystical Mewtwo
January 27th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Down here in CT it bout to exspode. Suposed to be 10-15 or something. Like that.

Which means

NOOOOOOO SCHOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL

I love snowdays. Ill send some snow to you, Arcanine!

Igglybuddy
January 27th, 2004, 04:03 PM
There's some snow here...not a lot though. We don't really get snow days up here until it is physically impossible for you to leave your house, or unless it's too cold to get to school without freezing to death on the way. There's going to be a wind chill of -53 (-63 to you yanks) tonight. whee! *high-fives the other Albertans* xD

John Denver
January 27th, 2004, 04:40 PM
There was snow here...lots of it...about a foot worth, and guess what

We still had school...nothings changed

boo ya ya panzies :P:D

Dizzy
January 27th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Nope, but we didn't have school in almost all of Massachusetts the Friday before Martin Luther King, Jr. Day weekend because it was just too cold...^^;; Although, we're supposed to be getting a lot of snow Wednesday morning so we might not have school, either. ^_^

OMG you live in massachusetts too? Thats so bangin :).. I live in New Bedford!!!

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
January 27th, 2004, 07:54 PM
I hope I don't have school tomorrow...if I do I'll cry...seriously. Hopefully the rain will turn to ice and it'll be to slippery and they cancel school. Or it'll just snow sommore.

Arwen
January 27th, 2004, 07:56 PM
I assume that there is no school tommow.. I'm expecting over 6-12 inches... ;-;..

I don't want to shovel that. ;-;

Frostweaver
January 27th, 2004, 08:00 PM
I hope I don't have school tomorrow...if I do I'll cry...seriously. Hopefully the rain will turn to ice and it'll be to slippery and they cancel school. Or it'll just snow sommore.
*that did happen once... but there's still school regardless of the 300 accidents in the city within 2 hours*

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
January 27th, 2004, 08:14 PM
WOw, where do you live. But from your name it sounds like you like ice, no?

Frostweaver
January 27th, 2004, 08:24 PM

*lives in the place where Lightning used to live and 22sa is living now*
*likes ice but not when others people crash because of it*

jynx
January 28th, 2004, 12:29 AM
Lucky to those ppl who do not need to go to school!
I have to go to school today, and there was only a few inches of snow...

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
January 28th, 2004, 04:03 AM

*lives in the place where Lightning used to live and 22sa is living now*
*likes ice but not when others people crash because of it*Toronto? I heard there was a snowstorm there. Well, I think I have school today...**sigh**

Arwen
January 28th, 2004, 06:44 AM
I have no school today and theres hardly anything out there...>_<

There goes my uhhh... 2nd to last snowday...

Roxas
January 28th, 2004, 07:05 AM
YAY! lots of snow for me! uhm....i dunno if i had school today, but istill didnt go. heehee. first i thought my mom was gonnna make me go to school, so i preended to sleep, but she knew i was awake and said that i'm not going to school today! but...i have to help outside *starts to cry and then stops* this is my motto for today: dig,shovel, dig, shovel. :laugh:

Cherrim
January 28th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Toronto? I heard there was a snowstorm there. Well, I think I have school today...**sigh**
=P Toronto is where I live now. He lives in Edmonton. ^_^;

@_@ It wasn't that cold out today, but the snow is at least 10 cm deep. My pant legs are soaked just from walking about 3 metres from the van to the door. >_<;

jynx
January 28th, 2004, 08:18 AM
YAY! lots of snow for me! uhm....i dunno if i had school today, but istill didnt go. heehee. first i thought my mom was gonnna make me go to school, so i preended to sleep, but she knew i was awake and said that i'm not going to school today! but...i have to help outside *starts to cry and then stops* this is my motto for today: dig,shovel, dig, shovel. :laugh:
If you tried to have a day off like that in an Asian country, you'd probably get horrible detentions!

Frostweaver
January 28th, 2004, 10:42 AM

*remembers the terrible days of his elementary school in Hong Kong... it's more strict than his junior high ._.*
*-46C outside again today...*
*got use to the snow and has his own ways not to soak his pantlegs ^_^; *

jynx
January 28th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Argh... it is so cold outside.
I don't like snow now...

Ya, schools in Hong Kong are very strict. But you have more freedom during holidays. Not like my school now---like jail...

Muffin Man
January 29th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Man, I hate school SO much. Today was like every school in england was shut apart from ours. :dead:
It was kind of funny though as everyone was throwing snowballs at our headteacher! And a hard one got him in the face. :laugh:
I only like snow when it gets you a day off school.

jynx
January 29th, 2004, 12:31 PM
No! My school is in England but we still have school!

Some of my school mates even weened about falling down on streets when coming to school.
One of us slide the whole way through the school hall!!

Muffin Man
January 29th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Im just glad that our school weren't the only one!
But- still i'd rather have had a day off!
BTW did you see the blizzard last night in your area???

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
January 29th, 2004, 03:39 PM
I'm 95 % sure that I'll have school tomroow

usami
January 29th, 2004, 04:20 PM
I love snow on the fact that i was blessed wit 13+ inches i had no shcool for 2 days *should have been 3* i like snow up until you have to shovel it v_v;;. i heard about a snowtorm in canada once actually it was ice it was on the weather channel im not sure if thats the one frostweaver was speaking of tho.

Frostweaver
January 29th, 2004, 05:05 PM
*that is the icestorm of 1998 in Toronto and Montreal area (latiosspud and Lightning's place ^_^; ), and he is not affected by it*

latiosspud
January 29th, 2004, 05:12 PM
*that is the icestorm of 1999 in Toronto and Montreal area (latiosspud and Lightning's place ^_^;), and he is not affected by it*
It was the winter of 1997-1998 not 1999 and it also affected Northeast United States.

jynx
January 30th, 2004, 02:34 AM
Im just glad that our school weren't the only one!
But- still i'd rather have had a day off!
BTW did you see the blizzard last night in your area???
Urrr...I think we have Powder Snow instead...
But there is still a lot of snow on our grass pitches.

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
January 30th, 2004, 04:17 AM
We (new jersey) had a blizzard in 96 when my right after my ister wss born. I was five! It was so fun, and I took it for granted [being out so many days]

22sa
January 30th, 2004, 12:06 PM
To clear up possible confusion, he calls me an egg for various reasons to tease me. So thats what he means. O_o
lol, my mom calls me "egg son". ._.

*remembers the terrible days of his elementary school in Hong Kong... it's more strict than his junior high ._.*
*-46C outside again today...*
*got use to the snow and has his own ways not to soak his pantlegs ^_^; *
Just add some 10-30km/h wind and one could exprience what it felt like for the Germans around Moscow in Winter 1941 when temperture was -50C plus huge wind chill...

Cherrim
January 30th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Well, I was downtown for most of the day and we managed to get my cousins + aunt from Saskatoon (where it's -30 and under) to complain about the cold.

._. We're still getting snow... and we've got too much of it now. Anyone want it?

Frostweaver
January 30th, 2004, 05:18 PM
*holds up a sign saying "ME!*

*yes Toronto and eastern Canada finally for once in like a decade have the right to complain "it's too cold"... for once*

22sa
January 30th, 2004, 05:21 PM
*holds up a sign saying "ME!*

*yes Toronto and eastern Canada finally for once in like a decade have the right to complain "it's too cold"... for once*
Aw but the energy prices are already so high here in Edmonton already... X_X

Cherrim
January 30th, 2004, 05:33 PM
My aunt was saying there's a 24-hour wait for towing services in Saskatoon due to the amount of accidents there. =X That must be terrible. They were making fun of us for complaining about our weather since it's a yearly thing for them, lol.

22sa
January 30th, 2004, 05:37 PM
My aunt was saying there's a 24-hour wait for towing services in Saskatoon due to the amount of accidents there. =X That must be terrible. They were making fun of us for complaining about our weather since it's a yearly thing for them, lol.
Don't you live near the water though? Wetness+coldness is much worse than the coldness in the dry air of the priaries no matter how low the tempreture here actually is...

Cherrim
January 30th, 2004, 05:41 PM
True, true. Humidity sucks. x_X;; But I get through it thinking "better too cold than too hot" since I don't like the summers here (blech). :\ It wasn't fun walking through China Town with snow falling on us and slush everywhere, though ._.

DragonTrainer
January 30th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Not like summer?No way.I love summer

Lol wet winters stink.I have one right now

Kairi
January 30th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Hey, at least you can go outside on Christmas eve/day and see snow, instead of a bright sun and living evergreens. ._.;

Cherrim
January 30th, 2004, 05:58 PM
@_@ We had a green Christmas this year, actually. My first ever. XD

...why do they call it a green Christmas when basically everything is all brown or yellow?

DragonTrainer
January 30th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Lol, I never had a white christmas, always just a cold, nothing-cool-outside one

22sa
January 30th, 2004, 06:20 PM
@_@ We had a green Christmas this year, actually. My first ever. XD

...why do they call it a green Christmas when basically everything is all brown or yellow?
Eeep. You live near those streets eh? :P

Yamichu
January 30th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Never had a white Christmas and never will... I always have a brown Christmas!
I mean you can't expect Australia to get snow at summer time! :D
I've never even seen snow though because the state I live in (Queensland) never gets snow...at least I think... but we do temperatures of up to 50 degrees celcius!

~HORN!

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
January 30th, 2004, 08:58 PM
I've had a couple of snowy christmases.

jynx
January 31st, 2004, 04:00 AM
I always have a blue Christmas XD.
Snow never falls in Hog Kong.

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
January 31st, 2004, 01:47 PM
A blue christmas? what is that, the sky?

jynx
February 1st, 2004, 11:22 AM
Ya! Sky and sea~~~
Well, could be tuquois if you include those little islands that emerge from the sea! XD

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
February 1st, 2004, 11:29 AM
The snow is melting, and doesn't look like there is a chance for another sudden snow storm again.

100marios
February 1st, 2004, 11:31 AM
I white Christmas? Sure, why not! I mean, I live in Florida after all!
*Is only kidding and is fully aware that it has not snowed in Miami for a long time if at all even hehe*
Yeah, a white Christmas alright. Everyone goes outside and makes hailmen hehe.

John Denver
February 2nd, 2004, 07:41 AM
WOW!!

for the first time in over 6 years, we have a snow day today...and I'm curious as to why

It's only about a foot of snow and 20 degrees, that's not so bad. The other day we had almost 3 feet and it was NEGATIVE 22 and we stil had school...hmm, oh well, I aint complaining...

BOO ya!

Kairi
February 2nd, 2004, 12:11 PM
We have about a foot of snow as well. ^_^; I havent been out to do anything with it yet, must create a snowman. O.x;;