PDA

View Full Version : ahggg! what have i done? and how do i fix it?

Soph
January 28th, 2004, 07:45 PM
okay i have messed microsft word up on my computer and for the life of me i cant figure out how to fix it! some one please help me!

well, i had a really long document and i was typing, then i hit something...i dont know what, it was on the left of my keyboard i think, and my whole document went all weird. all these little symbols inserted between every word and in front of every line there was this backwards P sort of symbol...well i closed it without saving but it saved itzself some how cos it was the same when i opened it, so i deleted the file and closed word. but now every time i open word at the top of the page is a symbol...it loks like a backwards P and i think it stands for paragraph, anyways no matter what i do i cannot delete it. it wont go! how how HOOOWWWW do i get rid of it? please? anyone? its driving me MAD!

Arwen
January 28th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Solution:
Tools > Settings

Uncheck show Paragraph Marks.

Mystical Mewtwo
January 28th, 2004, 07:58 PM
undo works for me, even if it is a setting problem, it wil set itself back as long as you havent done alot to the document.

Soph
January 28th, 2004, 08:00 PM
one problem. if you mean 'tools' in word, i dont have any 'settings' option. is it called something else? i have windows 2000...(does tha make any difference>)

Arwen
January 28th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Uhhhh... It's options...

Tools> Options

Uncheck Paragraph Marks and press OK.

Soph
January 28th, 2004, 08:06 PM
okay, dont worry, i fixed it. it was under options, i checked some box, well actually i had to uncheck it i womnder what key i hit to check it halfway through typing? i can close this now, thanks for those of you who helped.

btw, undo did NOT work....it deleted my words but not the symbols.

Closed.