PDA

View Full Version : Yet another legend from out of time...

SilverBlaze09
July 1st, 2005, 11:58 AM
Yup, it's me. The incomparable SB, bored as heck and stuck in his other fic.

So, he decides to write another fic WHILE he's continuing the other one.

AND he decides to stop speaking of himself in the third person.

So, anyways.

I decided to try this here first, since I like the color, then move it over to SPPF if I like it or whatever.

Enough chatter.

The prologue is mainly based on dialogue, so don't expect much here.

Except, of course, a look into author/narrator relationship.

lol XDDDDD<-can I type enough of those?

Yet another Legend from out of Time

Prologue?

Well, I was sitting around my little world wondering what to do, when I suddenly got hit by an idea.

What if I was to invade my version of the Pokemon world?

Maybe nothing, but

It might make an interesting story.

So, I opened up a portal and grabbed some supplies. Well, okay, just a giant notebook.

So, I hopped into the world of Pokemon with only a notebook and my vast knowledge of Pokemon. That, and the knowledge that I was the AUTHOR!

SO, yeah, I was more prepared than anybody might be.

SO, I busted through the thingie in between here and there.

I saved the world twice, beat the weenie league two or three dozen times, and captured all two million different Pokmon, from past and present and future. In duplication or something like that.

SO, after doing all that, I got bored. Really, really bored. "Like a rocket scientist at a National Stoopid Persons Club convention." Wait, thats the quote for insanity

Anyway, I decided to become a Legend. You know, with all the riddles and stuff so that a future lucky somebody (or lucky future somebody) would have to solve them when the evil events that I set in motion would come to pass. I mean, whats a Legend without its mystery?

AAANNNNDDD, I got my own narrator for the legend and stuff!

Fun, huh?

And now, the beginning begins

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Narrator: Our story begins-

Oh, gimme a break.

Narrator: Why. Did. You. Inter. Rupt. My. SENTENCE?!!

Because thats the oldest beginning in the book, next to Once upon a time. People are tired of that already! Dont you have a single creative brain cell in your head?

Narrator: Look, just because youre the author doesnt give you special privileges to insult me or my job. You wanted a narrator, you get a narrator, and the narrator DOES HIS THING!

Okay, okay, sheesh, dont be so uptight. All Im saying is-

Narrator: THAT MY JOB IS OUT OF DATE! THAT IM DOING THIS ALL WRONG! THAT IVE GOT WAX COMING OUT MY EARS!

Actually, you do.

Narrator: AAEEIIIUGHHH!!!

What?

Narrator: Okay. Okay. Just. Shut. Up.

Hmph. Fine, Ill ignore you.

Narrator: Fine, fine, Ill take that. Er-hem. AS I WAS SAYING

Mumble

Narrator: NOW what?

When are we gonna get to the story?

Narrator: Grr

Hey, I thought you were the N-A-R-R-A-T-O-R!? Whenre you gonna start narrat-

Narrator: I have an idea, lets just ignore him, okay? Okay.

Hey, thats against the rules!

Narrator: This day marks the nine hundred ninety-ninth year since-

Howdja like that? I got it just short of a grand total of, heh, grand, one thousand years!

Narrator: -the great Author blazed his way through the Pokmon world-

And did it with style!

Narrator: -and then WENT TO SLEEP!

Yeah, sleep is cool, huh?

Narrator: However, the Narrator quit his job, so the great Author never got his Legend going!

I get the hint. No more talkin til the story starts, okay?

Narrator: And a bonus from the Union

Fine.

Narrator: Now, a dark cloud rises above the entire planet The evil members of Team Pokit have begun a massively evil campaign of terrible, evil awfulness, awakening the evil Pokmon of Evil. A set of three have been chosen as the ones to awaken the great Author, the only one to defeat the evil Pokmon of Evil-

Get on with the story already!

Narrator: ARHPJKGHFDAAVBEBANZXWPQUWPHSBCC!111!!!!!11

Geez, touchy today, huh? Didnt eat your Narrator-Os?

Narrator: I QUIT!

Oh, put a sock in it. Im just saying what everyone else is thinking. Yeah, we got the evil part, now jump to the Matrix-type fighting, okay?

Narrator: I get the message. Er-hem, so now I begin our tale in Pallet-

Because thats where all good little stories start?! Lets start it somewhere else, like Lavaridge. Boy, have they got some sweet sports, like lava diving and lava swimming and lava belching

Narrator: Fine. Our story begins in Lavaridge-

But, Pallet IS traditional, sooo

Narrator: Fine. Our story-

BUT, Sootopolis has some nice scenery

Narrator: OurstorybeginsinSootopoliswhereour-

BUT, wouldnt Goldenrod be cool? I mean, its in Johto, and its a big city

Narrator: OurstorybeginsinOutskirtStandwhereourmainhero-

BUT, Outskirt Stand in Orre would be nice Wait, what?

Narrator: hasjustwontheannualbloodandgutsderby.

Geez, the prologue is almost done for Petes sake!

Narrator: And whose fault is it?

I dunno, but whoever did it needs to be slapped with a fish!

Narrator: I think were all in accord with that.

Lets at least introduce the characters!

Narrator: Why?

Because thats what prologues are supposed to do! They set the stage for the rest of the story! You cant expect people to read this unless we add something awesome, like cool characters!

Narrator: Fine. You or me?

Oh, oh, me, me!

Narrator: Go.

Main Hero: Crash Slappem

Pokmon: Rattata, Aerodactyl

Narrator: There, dont give them any more information or theyll leave out of boredom!

Whoo, who stepped on YOUR toes? I KNOW that already! Cmon, Im The Author, for Pats sake!

Narrator: And why the male main hero? EVERYBODY knows girls look cooler on the DVD boxes.

Look, thats the way its supposed to be, okay? Unwritten rule.

Narrator: Whered you hear THAT?

Read it somewhere.

Secondary Hero: Christy Wallflower

Pokmon: Aint tellin.

Narrator: What?

Just watch.

Secondary Hero: Clock Bone

Pokmon: Aint tellin.

Narrator: Not much there, is there?

Thats the prologue. Now comes the fun part THE WARNINGS!

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

BEGIN STORY.

WARNING!

THE FOLLOWING MAY, NAY, WILL CONTAIN HUMOROUS POKES AT ALMOST ANYTHING I CAN THINK OF, INCLUDING POLITICS AND POLITICAL PARTIES, CLICH AND STEREOTYPICAL IDEAS AND STUFF, ETC. BOTH REAL AND FICTITOUS. PH34R!!!!!

BEYOND THAT, THERE SHALL ALSO BE ANNOYING CONVERSATIONS INVOLVING THE NARRATOR AND THE AUTHOR/CHARACTERS.

I MAY EVEN THROW IN SOME VIOLENCE TO APPEASE MODERN CULTURAL NEEDS.

THEREFORE, I AM RATING THIS PG FOR POSSIBLE VIOLENCE.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

NOW LET THE PARTY COMMENCE

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Narrator: And now the prologue ends with our heroes not even knowing what is to come Just that their hearts long for something Something, something that theyve only dreamed of Which will soon become real.

Dude, that was cool!

Narrator: Thank you. A-1-rated Narrator, at your service.

I was wondering at the size of the bill

/\/\/\/\/\/\

If you think it even LOOKS interesting, drop a review, okay? Okay...

SilverBlaze09

Casual Billy
July 1st, 2005, 4:11 PM
This looks like it'll probably be a funny fic. This was my favorite line:

Narrator: I get the message. Er-hem, so now I begin our tale in Pallet-

Because thats where all good little stories start?! Lets start it somewhere else, like Lavaridge. Boy, have they got some sweet sports, like lava diving and lava swimming and lava belching

Narrator: Fine. Our story begins in Lavaridge-

But, Pallet IS traditional, sooo

Narrator: Fine. Our story-

BUT, Sootopolis has some nice scenery

And the rest of that sequence. I laughed out loud. Keep it up. Some of it got a little excessive, though. I'll be back to check out some of the upcoming humor!

Ionem
July 1st, 2005, 4:46 PM
I'm afraid this might get locked because it's a script...

Parts are funny, parts aren't. Decent attempt at humor. ;)

SilverBlaze09
July 2nd, 2005, 3:02 AM
I'm afraid this might get locked because it's a script...
Many apologies if you got that impression.

The prologue is mainly based on dialogue, so don't expect much here.

This is NOT going to be a script. I am NOT gonna attempt a script when Y-S does them infinitely better than me. THIS was just dialogue. You'll notice that only the Narrator was identified.

*twitch* Also, the only time you'll see this kinda speech is when the narrator and the author are having their little chats, NOWHERE ELSE.

*smirk* I know, I got almost the same impression the first time I wrote it out, but then I decided that the prologue was allowed a little leeway.

And the rest of that sequence. I laughed out loud. Keep it up.

Heheh, why not? XD

Some of it got a little excessive, though.
Where was it excessive? 'Cause I deliberately put some of that stuff in to give you the image of a terribly egotistical author...
Parts are funny, parts aren't.
No offense, but, do you even smile? XD I can't remember seeing you do one of those 'lol's or even throw a coupla 'XD's around... But then, you haven't been around long...
Decent attempt at humor.
I know, with authors like Breezy around it's hard for a guy to make a decent laugh without her showing me up three ways from Topeka. ;D

Anyways, many thanks to you two for reviewing my humble fic. I will now give you a traditional Author's blessing: May all your stories be successful, may all your reviews be constructive, may your strawberries that you eat to keep your strength up because nachos are too salty for late-night snacking and that's the only time you can get on because you have a parent who's planning to take over the world be fruity and juicy!

Sorry, just had to throw one in...

Anyway, yeah, thank you B-5 and pwnage for stopping by and REVIEWING, next chapter is already started, yeah. *bows out amid recordings of screaming people*

SilverBlaze09

Ionem
July 2nd, 2005, 10:53 AM
The locking thing wasn't my idea, it's just apparently a rule. But if this is going to grow out of script form, then good.

No offense, but, do you even smile? XD I can't remember seeing you do one of those 'lol's or even throw a coupla 'XD's around.

Here's me saying "heh". (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1302916&postcount=6)
Here's a "lol". (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1315319&postcount=6)
Here's another "lol". (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1314920&postcount=4)
My intro post had a "lol". (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1300300&postcount=1)

:D

SilverBlaze09
July 6th, 2005, 11:29 AM
The locking thing wasn't my idea, it's just apparently a rule. But if this is going to grow out of script form, then good.

My sentiments exactly.

Here's me saying "heh". (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1302916&postcount=6)
Here's a "lol". (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1315319&postcount=6)
Here's another "lol". (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1314920&postcount=4)
My intro post had a "lol". (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1300300&postcount=1)

:D
I stand corrected. *salutes*

I may have something later. No hints beyond that cryptic statement there, sorry.

SilverBlaze09

P.S. Okay, what do you think about me posting a picture for each chapter? Like a sprited version of one scene from the chapter?

Like this one from chapter one:

http://img107.echo.cx/img107/554/yalfot9wo.png