PDA

View Full Version : The League You Never Knew

The Incarnation Pokemon
July 9th, 2005, 02:25 AM
So what's this RP about? Well basically, in this RP you get to play either an existing (that means NOT MADE UP) Gym Leader/E4 member/Champion/Frontier Brain, or a Pokemon belonging to an existing Gym Leader/E4 member/Champion/Frontier Brain, and your RP will basically end up telling the life story (up to the end of their respective games) of the GL/E4 member/Champion/Frontier Brain that you choose to play or choose to be associated with (as his/her Pokemon).

Yes, that's right, you get to make up stuff that was not shown in the games/anime/manga, such as the characters' ages and the last names of any humans without an official last name. HOWEVER, you MAY NOT alter basic set facts. Basic facts about the GLs/E4s/Champions/Frontier Brains include which Pokemon they have in their parties, which type they specialize in (if they have a specialty), and which League they ultimately become a part of. (And, for the Gym Leaders, which city their Gyms are in.)

If there are event conflicts between the games/anime/manga (such as Ash defeating a GL vs. the in-game hero/heroine defeating a GL), choose whichever plotline you like best, or mix plotlines if it works.

Time: Whenever the games start, but can be altered in flashbacks. Also, anyone playing a Kanto or Johto character should keep in mind that the events of the GSC games take place a few years after the events of the RBY (and FRLG) games. How you sort out that time discrepancy will be up to your creative powers.

Interaction between League members (and League members' Pokemon) of different regions is 100% allowed and even encouraged--in fact, it's crucial to moving this RPG along. Yes, even interaction between regions as separated as Kanto and the Battle Frontier.

Shippings (het, yaoi, and yuri) between League members, between League members' Pokemon, and even between a League member and a Pokemon are also allowed and encouraged (which could mean secret affairs and even threesomes and whatnot! OMG SOAP OPERA! XD), but keep it PG-13 AT MOST or I will ask a mod to kick you out of this RP.

Sillyness is permitted, but try not to get too OOC if you choose to play a GL/E4/Champion. For example, if you were playing Giovanni and in your RP you made him into Mr. Be Kind To Pokemon, your only excuse would be if he were drunk or mind-controlled or something weird like that. Otherwise you would be asked to change your RP to more accurately portray Giovanni's character.

If you are unsure of the personality/likely behavior of the GL/E4/Champion/Frontier Brain you chose to play, find a reference in the games/anime/manga. If there are personality differences between the game/anime/manga version of your chosen human character, go with whichever one you like best, or even mix 'em if that suits your fancy.

If you choose to play the Pokemon of a GL/E4/Champion/Frontier Brain, then you pretty much have free reign over your character's personality and behavior. You may also make up a nickname that your associated human calls you, but keep in mind that your human probably does not ever use that nickname in public (although Wallace actually did nickname all of his Pokemon in PokeSpecial). Also, Pokemon will not have set levels or movesets, but they may not have more than 4 moves, and if you choose to give a level, it may not be higher than 75.

--------

As you all can pretty much guess, I will be RPing as Wallace. Be happy, because this will save the rest of you the trouble of handling his plot change from Ruby/Sapphire to Emerald.

Name (remember, if your char has no official last name, you can make one up, if you want to): Wallace Mikuri Mikagawa (no, the last name you make up doesn't have to be Japanese, and you don't have to include the char's official Japanese name at all)
Occupation: Hoenn League Champion, Guardian of the Cave of Origin
Current Pokemon Team: Wailord, Gyarados, Whiscash, Tentacruel, Ludicolo, Milotic
Other Pokemon (only applicable to trainers who have more than 6 Pkmn total counting all their Pkmn from the games (all versions), anime, and manga): Luvdisc, Sealeo, Seaking (back in Sootopolis with Juan)

(All character submissions for human chars should include those things. Any other info you wish to include about your char should be just be part of your RP.)

Sample Pokemon character submission (sample only, character not taken):
Name: Milotic
Gender: Female (the Pokemon can but doesn't have to have the given in-game gender, although genderless Pokemon must remain genderless)
Trainer: Wallace
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Modest (you can make this up, too)

(All other info should be part of your RP.)

For Your Reference:

You MAY NOT play a character, Pokemon or human, that is not specified below as available.

Available Human Characters:

Brock
Misty
Lt. Surge
Erika
Koga
Sabrina
Blaine
Giovanni
Lorelei
Bruno
Agatha

Lance

Gary/Blue (one character, there may not be both a Gary and a Blue)

Falkner
Bugsy
Whitney
Morty
Chuck
Jasmine
Pryce
Clair
Will
Karen
Janine

Roxanne
Brawly
Wattson
Flannery
Norman
Winona
Tate
Liza
Juan
Sidney
Phoebe
Glacia
Drake

Greta
Spenser
Brandon
Noland
Lucy
Tucker
Anabel

Available Pokemon Characters:
Any Pokemon that actually exists in a GL/E4/Champion/Frontier Brain's team in the games (any of them), anime, and/or manga.

Already Taken Pokemon Characters:
Wallace's Gyarados

Super_Lawliet
July 9th, 2005, 11:14 AM
This sounds fun! I'll join and do my best, although I can be a bit too silly...just warn me please ^^;

Name: Gyarados
Trainer: Wallace
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Serious

Hope this is Good enough!

Night-Kun
July 9th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Wow.. Very strict RP.. I like.. I LOVE the fact that we will play as actual characters unstead of made up ones..

Name: Steven Stone
Current Pokemon Team: (movesets will be provided in the form for pokemon on the team..)
Skarmory, Aggron, Metagross, Cradily, Claydol, Armaldo
Other Pokemon: Aron

Steven's Pokemon:
Skarmory
Attacks - Steel Wing, Aerial Ace, Swift, Double Team

Aggron
Attacks - Earthquake, Thunderbolt, Water Pulse, Flamethrower

Metagross
Attacks - Earthquake, Meteor Mash, Psychic, Hyper Beam

Claydol
Attacks - Ancientpower, Earthquake, Hyper Beam, Psychic

Armaldo
Attacks - Slash, Ancientpower, Aerial Ace, Water Pulse

Cradily
Attacks - Sludge Bomb, Ancient Power, Bullet Seed, Recover

Ooc: This is going to be good... Oh, please correct me if I am wrong on any of it, although I do know some of the pokemon should have different attacks.. Most of the ones that I chose were ones that would only improve.. Oh, and average level for all pokemon is 62, since I thought he should have done some extra training..

Definately had to get out my games and books for this one ^_^ Never hurts to do research!!

EDIT: Fixed my mistakes, took off gender for pokemon since I thought it should be up to whoever choses to be those pokemon.. Oh, and the move recover, on Cradily, is an egg move, just fyi.. If I missed anything, again, please correct me. Thank you.

The Incarnation Pokemon
July 9th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Wow.. Very strict RP.. I like.. I LOVE the fact that we will play as actual characters unstead of made up ones..

Name: Steven Stone
Current Pokemon Team: (movesets will be provided in the form for pokemon on the team..)
Skarmory, Aggron, Metagross, Salamence, Absol, Scizor
(No one said he didn't have other pokemon besides Aron)
Other Pokemon: Claydol, Cradily, Armaldo

Steven's Pokemon:
Skarmory - Female - Hardy nature
Ability - Keen Eye
Attacks - Steel Wing, Aerial Ace, Swift, Double Team

Aggron - Male - Relaxed nature
Ability - Rock Head
Attacks - Earthquake, Thunderbolt, Water Pulse, Flamethrower

Metagross - Genderless - Serious nature
Ability - Clear Body
Attacks - Earthquake, Meteor Mash, Psychic, Hyper Beam

Salamence - Male - Naughty nature
Ability - Intimidate
Attacks - Dragon Breath, Aerial Ace, Flamethrower, Iron Tail

Absol - Female - Lonely nature
Ability - Pressure
Attacks - Quick Attack, Ice Beam, Slash, Shadow Ball

Scizor - Male - Impish nature
Ability - Sturdy
Attacks - Quick Attack, Double Team, Fury Cutter, Steel Wing

Ooc: This is going to be good... Oh, please correct me if I am wrong on any of it, although I do know some of the pokemon should have different attacks.. Most of the ones that I chose were ones that would only improve.. Oh, and average level for all pokemon is 62, since I thought he should have done some extra training..

Definately had to get out my games and books for this one ^_^ Never hurts to do research!!

o_O WOW. I am totally in admiration of the effort you put into your profile, and moreover your willingness to do further research to make your RP as good as possible! *applauds* I only have one correction to make, and that is that you forgot one of the rules: HOWEVER, you MAY NOT alter basic set facts. Basic facts about the GLs/E4s/Champions/Frontier Brains include which Pokemon they have in their parties...
Which means you'll have to remove the Salamence, Scizor, and Absol, since there is no proof anywhere (game/anime/manga) that Steven has those Pokemon, and anyhow I doubt he would have a Salamence and Absol, given that he specializes in mineral-related types (mostly Steel, with Rock and Ground thrown in the mix).

Also, since I'm allowing people who play as Pokemon to choose their own natures and abilities, the person playing their trainer cannot predetermine the Pokemon's natures and abilities.

Sorry about that!

But other than that, sure, you can definitely join as Steven, and I'm really, really flattered that you like my RP idea and chose to participate! Thank you! ^_^

Night-Kun
July 10th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Oh no, Thank you! I am very sorry for my mistakes, will correct them ASAP. Thank you for the applause, I do try to be as correct as possible when playing acutal (well as actual as we can get XD) people. I shall remove the natures and abilities from the pokemon and add in the set moves that Steven's acutal pokemon have. Happy to be apart of such a great RP!! Time for me to change the mistakes!

White_Winter_Wolf
July 10th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Okay, I hope I do this right, If not feel free to yell at me!
Name: Sabrina Marsh
Current Pokemon: Kadabra, Mr. Mime, Venomoth, Alakazam(from red and blue gb games), Hypno (from LG/FR gb games)
Other Pokemon: Haunter.(I know its not her type, but huanter did decide to stay with her in one of the episodes. Thats why it an other, she doesn't use it for gym battles.)

(Night-Kun made me want to do this)
Kadabra
Level: 31
Attacks: teleport, disable, psychic, mind reader

Mr. Mime
Level: 32
Attacks: reflect, mirror move, psybeam, aglity

Venomoth
Level: 34
Attacks: gust, sleep powder, dream eater, fly

Alakazam
Level: 35
Attacks: psybeam, psychic, reflect, rain dance(I got that from a hoenn episode)

Hypno
Level: 32
Attacks: hypnosiss, psychic, mirror move, tackle

OOC: I don't even own blue and red! It toke me forever to find those pokemon! But thats okay, I found the ultiment cheat site for emerald!!!

Super_Lawliet
July 10th, 2005, 03:38 PM
You know, once this rp gets started, I believe it will go on for a long time. Shoud be fun!